Speaker 1: Yes, I'd like to buy a ticket, but before I do, could you tell me what the hell this is?
Speaker 2: It's one more thing. I'm strong and getty. I am a little hesitant to.
Speaker 1: Poke fun at this because it's probably some very nice people and it showed up in my email. I might even know these people. I'm going to read it just as it is, and then you can explain to me what the hell this is. I try elevate your life. The Village Heart an evening of authentic connection coming up May twenty second, from seven.
Speaker 2: To nine thirty pm. Well that sounds great, does it? What is It's it?
Speaker 1: No, there's more, but like starting right there, just even seeing that that sounds nice, isn't your first question?
Speaker 2: What is that? What is an evening of authentic connection? I can't imagine. It sounds like a secular church service.
Speaker 1: From the poster it is. This is for you if you're longing for meaningful interactions and a sense of community, make new friends, go beyond the surface, cultivate true belonging.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a really nice pitch for those of us who feel isolated by the modern world. That will turn into a cult recruitment.
Speaker 1: Because what I'm wondering is like, I get that, yeah, yeah, yeah, I get the modern world isolated blah blah blah, But do you.
Speaker 2: Have any idea what's going to happen when you get there? At this point? From me post, you'll listen to a brief address by our leader Jim, who you will find incredibly charismatic. You will end up sexing up your wife and your daughters eventually.
Speaker 1: I mean, it.
Speaker 2: Seems like the poster should give you a better idea of.
Speaker 1: The slightest inkling as to what's gonna happen when you walk in to the door of this place, because I mean, at this point on the poster, I would have no idea.
Speaker 3: Are there any images on the poster.
Speaker 1: A man hugging a woman?
Speaker 2: They're both sitting, No, see sitting hug Yeah, awkward, kinky. Thirty five dollars. It's thirty five dollars to get in. That's the reason. Anyway. You know, that's a good price for that value. You don't want overpay for that, right, it's a good value.
Speaker 1: You're right, Michael, that's a good value, only thirty five dollars for and it's from seven to nine thirty that's a good length for this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Can anybody come up with two reasons why you would be unnecessarily vague about something? I can come up with one, because if you told people what was actually going on, they'd run in the other direction. Can anybody come up with a second reason? Probably not.
Speaker 1: So that was the only thing that was in the poster. And I actually have seen this poster around town, and that was my reaction was, I haven't got the slightest idea what this is? Do they expect people to show up, pay thirty five dollars and walk in the door with no clue? Like is this a craft seminar or a religious thing or a dating thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds like they're using the element of like intrigue.
Speaker 2: But luckily, here's here. Can I do my official guess or would that not be you? Go ahead? My official guess is some sort of non denominational well not for thirty five dollars, say, like a church service thing, So ry go ahead.
Speaker 1: Luckily on the email version, sorry my moving off. On the email version, it had the people behind it, like you could email them for questions. And then I did a little digging went to their website, so I got a little more information. You're invited to join us for an evening of heart to heart connection, where we go beyond the surface and dive into the essence of our shared humanity.
Speaker 3: Newdest colony of recruitment.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, don't see enough wang every day hate ten lines. Whether you're seeking to make new friendships, deep in existing relationships, or just explore new ways of connecting, the village, Heart offers a space for curiosity and exploration. Again nothing but vagaries, I mean just okay, so again, gotta just my my hands up.
Speaker 2: What am I getting for thirty five dollars? What is happening here?
Speaker 1: Here's what you can expect, it says, Okay, good, there we go. Guided connection activities. These include moving through the space with others, partner exercises, and group activities that encourage meaningful interactions. Excuse me, start to listen to a person with whooping cough.
Speaker 3: I vote if you button, yeah right, if you go walk in coughing and let everybody know I've got whooping cough.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to do this paragraph about coughing because it's too good. I mean, this is an orgy. It's an orgy. Will you figured it out? Michael you're being invited to an orgy. This paragraph's unbelievable. Here's what you can expect. Damn it, Nope, not gonna happen. I can't do it. That takes all the fun out of it. Guided it to me?
Speaker 1: Guided connection activities. These include moving through the space with others, the space, what space?
Speaker 2: The space, the vaginal space.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's I'm sorry, that's weird because they looked like it came out of Michaelangelo's mouth.
Speaker 2: That is so How out of character was that? That is off brand? What very funny? Sorry for the JC bomb folks.
Speaker 1: These include moving through the space with others, partner exercises, and group activities that encourage meaningful interactions and new ways of relating to one another.
Speaker 2: You told me it does have a bit of a diddy field.
Speaker 1: Will yeah, bring your own baby oil again another paragraph. We're under the heading of here's what you can expect. That told me nothing, not a single thing. I still have zero idea what I would get if I walked through the door with my thirty five dollars ticket.
Speaker 2: Still waiting to hear that second possible explanation for the spectacular vagueness opportunities to explore and stretch comfort zones. Ah, yoga, we're talking.
Speaker 1: I've been saying about that's hand Like I nailed it earlier, whether you were sharing, listening, or engaging in somatic practices somatic of the body, every exercise is an invitation to stretch just beyond your comfort zone in a safe and supportive environment. That could be this is a freak. I don't think it's. Yeah, I mean it is a you're gonna be a little uncomfortable with this, but come on, think outside.
Speaker 2: The box, relax, breathe deep.
Speaker 1: Each participant is free to choose their level of engagement at all times and opt out of any exercise.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: For gods, Oh, this is this is kind of scary.
Speaker 1: If you buy tickets ahead of time, they're twenty five. At the door they're thirty. Oh wow, that is a real value, Mike. And here's my favorite part. Space is limited?
Speaker 2: Is it? How much space do you need to do what you're doing? Which is what I thought that was so funny is that the yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: There's one more paragraph that I can't read, but yeah, space is limited. So they recommend your register Mandarin or because of my whooping golf.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, come just as you are. Sorry, Sorry, what are you gonna do? It's a dread disease.
Speaker 1: Come just as you are, challenge yourself by choice and leave feeling understood, inspired and a part of truly something special and sticky.
Speaker 2: And making more income than you ever dreamed possible.
Speaker 1: Or you now on a timeshare, or you've got a bunch of tupperware.
Speaker 2: Are you've shaved your head and you're worshiping the gym? Exactly?
Speaker 3: I'm going to drink a potion at the end of the event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, all sex, all sex jokes aside.
Speaker 1: I haven't the slightest idea what's gonna happen there if you went, I'm.
Speaker 2: Guessing something.
Speaker 1: New agey, spiritual but not religious, for profit that you sign up for a dozen classes and buy the equipment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like somebody's going to walk into the Remotekay, are you ready to begin? And I would say begin.
Speaker 2: What they're not going to tell you till the end. It reminds me of I thought I was applying for one job between semesters in college, and it was door to door vacuum sales.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't like till the last ten minutes of a two day training process. Really that they told us what the job is and I'm like kidding, goodbye, yeah, wow, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And my mom and dad had tried to warn me because they could smell it, but they were so clever at concealing what we have positions in factory representation, in product service andlah blah blah. No, it's just a door to doors vacuum sales. It's always a single guy. At the time, I should have taken the gig because some of my friends who had door to door jobs had some interesting encounters with Ford housewives, but I chose to pass.
Speaker 1: Each participant is free to choose their level of engagement at all times and opt out of any exercise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one. That one's odd.
Speaker 2: See, I think it's swinging. It certainly could be a freak off. I don't think it is, but not hilarious. Yeah, it really is. It is. It's the perfect example of.
Speaker 1: One of those twenty five dollars if you buy the digging out thirty five at the door. Space is limited right well, because you could only have ten people doing.
Speaker 2: What or fifty or a million?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I almost want to go. I mean unless they're going to hold me ostage. I can always leave as soon as they figure out what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, you can opt out of if anything makes you feel uncomfortable. You'd be worth twenty five bucks until we put the manacles on you anyway. Wah.
Speaker 1: I know they snap on a rubber glove and they walk over with a big bottle of something, and you're ready for.
Speaker 2: Right. You think it's a scientology. I need you to get up on this pummel horse. What I did think of that once or twice, Michael, something like that, A quasi religious organization some sort.
Speaker 1: I think that, Yeah, m maybe it's that. Maybe it is how you get people into some sort of weird cult thing, people that don't have the ability to like read that and say.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: It doesn't say what it is anywhere and to understand that that's not intriguing, that's disturbing and a warning, right, yeah, And they're appealing from the first sentence to people who feel disconnected.
Speaker 2: And lonely, right, which is a lot of folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well beware everybody.
Speaker 2: I guess that's it.