Speaker 1: Kay a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was your greatest game.
Speaker 3: When you view it, or is there a team or things you could point to like this is.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's there's a couple of things, and I think more than anything, it's it's just a mindset, you know, of going out and and you know, when you get an opportunity, defense does their job, you got to you gotta capitalize on those situations and execute. For me at quarterback, it just comes down to you know, being aggressive and and making the right throws and you know, being accurate with the ball and stuff. So that's that's really just what it came down to. And so it's it's a four quarter game of you have to play team football. And like I said, when our defense does those kinds of great things and get stops, you got to capitalize on it, especially against a good team like the Chiefs. And so I had to learn the hard way. And but I mean for me, it's I go and watch the film and I'm real with myself and and uh you know, don't dwell on it or anything. Got to learn from it. But uh man, we got another game Sunday for another opportunity, and so it's another shot for me to go and prove to myself that, you know, I can grow and get better.
Speaker 4: So there was one play where they walked an eighth guy into the box and then then they added a ninth guy in the box. In that situation, they're giving you that kind of a look. Do you have the ability to audible to a pass play and go to a different What are your limitations in the line.
Speaker 1: Usually we just have an answer built into the play, and so if we do have like an all out blitz or something, we usually have an answer of where I should be hidden or where I should be going. And there's very rare occasions where we walk up to the line and we get a look and it's, oh, shoot, they got us, and then I'm supposed to randomly make up an audible. There's nothing like that. We usually always have an answer for uh pressures, all out blets and things like that. So that's on me to get to the right guy.
Speaker 2: So much of what you do and had success with is timing based.
Speaker 4: But when you're cycling through so many different receivers, what kind of challenges that to get.
Speaker 2: On the same page timing wise? And then a week like this week when you know, they are going to probably be some new faces in there. Do do more, you know, staying for practice anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's huge. Uh. You know when you got some young guys that come in and you're used to throwing the obviously like b A debouh JJ and just you understand how they move and routes and their landmark in depths and and just the timing of a concept and route. And then you get new guys coming in that you haven't got many reps with, it is tough. And so I think you know, this week at practice, you know, throwing a jay, cowing more with Ricky, Chris Conley, those guys, it's been good just to you know, see how they move and and they're getting getting in and out of their breaks and me being on time and leading them. So uh, those are huge things that you know, you got to build on and rep throughout the week and practice and so uh, you know during the game, man, if you if you get guys get thrown in there randomly, it is tough. But at the same time, like you just got to make it happened. And and there's always coaching of hey, this is the amount of steps the depth the landmark, so you can go off those things. But at the same time, everybody runs a little bit differently, so it's huge for a quarterback and receiver to be on the same page in that regard to them about you know, what you like with uncertain looks, if they have, you know, multiple ways they can run, if you talk to those guys about, you know, certain plays you.
Speaker 2: Look it this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this week at practice it's been good, just you know, getting into you know, certain situations and reps where I'm we're thinking, I'm gonna go to this receiver and a certain look and and then after practice like running a couple of routes or talking to those guys about, hey, this is what I'm expecting and how are you seeing as receiver, and we just get on the same page, you know, And I think that's huge. So, uh, like I said, I gut some young guys that are stepping into those roles, and for me, it's huge understanding how they think and then vice versa. So it's very vital thrown into a.
Speaker 2: Role like that.
Speaker 5: Do you think that you're uniquely qualified to talk to them about.
Speaker 2: That and help them navigate all?
Speaker 1: For sure? I mean, I think, you know, just the two and a half years of playing so far in this system, understanding my timing, my rhythm within this offense. With new guys coming in, I can definitely tell them like, hey, this is what BA has done really well at JJA debo, and this is where I'm expecting you guys to be. So they're all ears, They listen real well, They're willing to be coached, which is great and more than anything, we just want to win. So we got the right core group of guys, young guys coming in that are willing to do you know, what it takes and listen. So that's been the blessing with the guys that I'm working with.
Speaker 4: Process of determining where to throw the ball different against man coverage as opposed to his own.
Speaker 1: Coverage, I would just say man coverage it you know, it depends are they doubling a guy are they not? What's the leverage? And then what's our matchup, you know, or is it a linebacker on a tight end or safety on a time Then like just there's there's a lot of things I go into that and uh, what's my best matchup in this situation? And you know, obviously you got there's a lot of other things that come into the factor with that, with safety leverage and all that kind of stuff. But at the end of the day, man coverage is trying to find your best matchup and guy that can create separation versus zone coverage. You're just trying to be on time and and and throw the spots and windows. So I feel like that's like the biggest difference all the guys.
Speaker 5: Sorry, pretty okay, seeming a guy that's pretty big on spaith having had a tough game against Kansas City last week and needing to kind of recalibrate refocused having to go up against the Cowboys. But kind of in the same scenario or situation that you just touched on with some of the younger guys as targets, how have you kind of relied on your face to kind of get your mind back where it needs to be going into this one for the bye week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's huge. Obviously, I know who I am and what my foundation's built on, so uh, you know, for for me, go through some tough games and games that you really want to win, for the guys that you're playing with, the fan base, everything, like you take pride in that and the position that you're playing. But at the same time, like you know, it's all for me. I look at it as man, this is all about growth and putting my faith in God and understanding that this whole thing is a process. You know, I'm not gonna get the result right now and then like it, I got to work for it and grow and maybe He's preparing me and this in our team for something down the road. And so that's how I'm looking at it. That's the hope that I have. But more than anything, that also pushes me to you know, be on top of my stuff today and push the guys around me, bring up the young guys, and continue to chip away every day at our process. You know, you know, we're we lost last week, We're not where we want to be, and uh, but we understand that we have what it takes and we just got to keep going one day at a time. And that's the faith that I haven't.
Speaker 2: So sports Radio, it's like, you know, depending on how you play, when you get a forty three million a year extension or fifty eight or sixty.
Speaker 3: Two or whatever, I don't know, let me that's pretty good. But I mean do you. Does anyone get into the back of your mind during the season.
Speaker 1: No, I mean for me, man, like I had to play better against the Chiefs last week, you know, and uh, for me, I'm like, dude, I gotta be better for my team right now for the Dallas Cowboys coming up. You know, I'm always trying to find an edge to myself and my game, not thinking about what next year holds. Like, dude, We're trying to win this this Sunday and and trying to get our record to get going up. And that's where my mindset's at. I'm focused on my team in this year and and that's final. That's it.
Speaker 2: Relationship where you would text him after he signed a sixty or your interactions limited to just the two times and FaceTime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that just playing the game is all I've done interaction wise, and seeing him after. So that's it.
Speaker 2: Because you've now faced the Cowboys in the regular season and playoffs, so you kind of have a sense of what this rivalry is and everything going into those games. Did people hit you up to try to fill you in on forty nine or Cowboys did, like like Steve Young or somebody trying to get you fired?
Speaker 4: Up to keep the boy.
Speaker 1: It was more so just like our team meetings and stuff. You know, College showed some games from like the nineties and the playoff game that they had played in twenty twenty one and just what it meant going into our playoff game in twenty twenty two. So that that sort of filled me in on oh man, Like, you know, there's a lot of history with these two organizations, and I remember growing up just watching some games with them and it just meant so much every time they played and faced off. So for me, you know, it was the same same thing as last year, and then even for this game, man, Sunday Night Football agains stas Cowboys as a forty nine er, Like, it's it's really special and so we all take pride in that and are thankful to be able to be able to play in this game. And yeah, it's a rival reseal. There's nothing better than that.
Speaker 4: The brawl to Colmlely against mctefeet one on one and it looked like you had Kittle open on out to flat. I'm you know, it seems like your natural things to be aggressive. Do you have to fight aggressiveness attacking down field with you know, conservative checking down. How do you balance that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think it's you know, situational football. What's the matchup where we at in the game trying to move the chains or we're trying to get a trunk here on a matchup that we like. It's it's handling all those kinds of things. And you know, for me, I like the press matchup against McDuffie with Chris. Chris and I have we've hit a lot of plays like that at practice and and so we just didn't connects on it. Looking back on on film, he had George and the flat to maybe move the chains and get us some third manageable. Uh, there's those are all decisions and factors that you know, you got to watch the film and be like, all right, how can I be better next time? And so for me, I look at it not going I should have done this or that, but looking at it like the next time I'm in the situation, let's let's think about it and am I going to be aggressive or am I going to take this check down here and manage it a little bit better? So those are the things that I watch the film. Thanks you guys,