Speaker 1: I'm gonna need a lot more sunscreen. It's one more thing. I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 2: One more thing.
Speaker 1: A couple of elderly nudists are missing. It's probably a tragic story, so I don't want to get caught up on that end of it. It would seem that something bad has happened. But I think they're both in their seventies and they've disappeared, and they found their car and anyway, I think I think foul play was involved, but I don't want to get stuck on that part. I just when I was reading the story in the La Times, this happened in southern California. It mentioned that they were both members of the Olive Dell nudist ranch. That's where they lived. So this isn't Do you know anything about newdist camps or anything there, Katie, Yep.
Speaker 3: There was one right up the street from my childhood home.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, now we can want to delve into that.
Speaker 2: So there was that coming.
Speaker 4: There was a newdest camp right up the road from your childhood a home. It was like the running joke in town too. A couple of my my friend in high school. It was her parents' property and we used to drive down there and try to see if we could see in, but the gate was too far away from where they all hung out, so I never actually got to see the inside.
Speaker 1: And everybody was aware of it.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: And so would people go play volleyball? It's always volleyball, I guess, because you like to think things, see things bouncing up and down. I don't know what it is with volleyball and nudists.
Speaker 2: But well, you don't need a lot of equipment balling in net.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was at the dead end of a canyon too, so you could kind of always tell. If somebody drove past a certain point, you're like, oh, they're going to the newdy camp.
Speaker 1: So it was so it was like somebody's home with some acreage, and people would go there and be naked for whatever reason, which I've never quite understood. I'm not super judgmental about it. It's just I don't understand why that makes you feel more relaxed or free or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just it's natural. See the natural man, the natural woman.
Speaker 1: I got hairy legs, but I don't I don't want to see that. That was my whole I'm going to need more sunscreen. I don't want the sunshining on various parts of me. I don't even want to on my arms or neck because I don't want to get sunburned. I don't want to sit out on a chair naked. I don't want to look at your genitalia while I eat, well.
Speaker 2: Look at your food.
Speaker 6: Then again, there's a lot of harsh judgment masquerading his questions here. Anyway, But so that was I'm guessing it was a normal house, and then people would just go there occasionally for parties and be naked.
Speaker 2: Is that right.
Speaker 5: It was called the like the newdest commune, so I think some people lived there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There was also a membership thing you could do. I didn't really dive too deep into that.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, And I got the idea from your description it's it's not a house, percon is a ranch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a farm style home and then the nudiest colony that.
Speaker 3: Was what it was called, the nudist call.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, Michael, this is my experience is that people that want to be naked, I don't want to see you naked.
Speaker 1: Usually it's not it's not like the super sexy crowd. It's a I don't know what it is. But so the headline in the La Times was Southern California couple living on nudist ranch mysteriously disappear. And again I don't want to get into the crime part of it because it might be horrible.
Speaker 2: Or less scene wearing nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly. She's seventy three, he's seventy nine and has dementia. So I don't know if he meant to be a nudist or she just told him, no, you're a nudist. I am, no, you are, and he had to go along with it. I don't know what's happening there. And they disappeared, along with their dog Cuddles. Neither one of them, the two or the dog have been seen. But they live on this ranch. It's a giant, one hundred acre many home. Because then I went to the website of Olive Dell RV Ranch in southern California. It's one hundred acres many homes of people who live nude all the time. I guess is the way it is. And then they have all these I can read there from the little fly here Olive Dell Ranch r V Park, Olive Dell Ranch. We offer long term RV leases with a variety of space options. Our amenities include a pool, okay, naked in the pool, jacuzzi naked people. I don't want to be in the jacuzzie with you naked. A restaurant again, I don't want to look at your gena tel you all am eating. We also have a clubhouse where activities are held as well as special events. There are five miles of hiking trails. Surely you get to wear shoes, right, I ain't hiken Bear for us? Sure yeah, but with your wang and swinging shoes.
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm looking at their website as well, and it says family friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're bringing people under eighteen? Or no? Are you just talking about cuz and in laws? Plenty of privacies. We are on one hundred acres surrounded by beautiful mountain views. All kinds of different amenities. Again, the hiking trails of the pool. The clubhouse looks very, very nice. They show drinking. They have a karaoke again, so amateur singing and I get to see you naked. Fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've gotta admit fresh hell is going on shot great, so I get to hear bad singing while I look at your average naked bod.
Speaker 1: Where do I sign up?
Speaker 6: You know, to this point, I was just kind of tired by the obvious jokes. But I got to admit the karaoke felting out to karaoke. You got me, you got me?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I'm just looking at their events.
Speaker 2: Shot through the in your tube blo.
Speaker 3: Let's see, this month they've got the glow dance party.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Next month they've got kids trick or treats. See, this is weird to me.
Speaker 1: I assume they're dressed for the kids stuff. You'd have to be by law, I think, But still it's weird. They're they're the kids that got to be aware. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and at the risk of bringing some seriousness to this childish discussion, I think the idea is that nudity is only sexual when it's sexual, that it's the natural state of human beings, and there's no no need to be ashamed or weirded out by it or whatever. Nobody's getting it on just because they're naked. It's it's much more advanced than you, you close, simpletons.
Speaker 1: Uh. So, all the societies on earth currently except for a couple of tribes in the middle of nowhere are wrong and they're right.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: It seems crazy to me again.
Speaker 5: November November sixteenth is the cheesecake Challenge, Jack, You could sign up for that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: What do I have to do with the cheesecake? What's the challenge? Exactly?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like, they got a pot luck in January. Oh man, your potato salad is fantastic, and your boobs are hanging there in front of me.
Speaker 3: So December seventh they've got tree trimming.
Speaker 2: Oh I like, not literally, like you know, Christmas tree decoration.
Speaker 1: Easter egg hunt bending. I don't want to watch you bend over to pick up the easter eggs. Tell me when you're gonna bend over so I can face the other direction.
Speaker 5: It's got to be a met problem that I can't wrap my head around this because you know, obviously people enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I just I know most people.
Speaker 1: Don't though, that's my point. Like ninety nine percent of people want zero to do with this. Bingo hikes DJ What do you do uh DJ at a nudis ranch? Just take those old records off the shelf from the DJ. I know, I know it gets them on the floor. Okay, anyway, I hope these two people are okay, and they're old. The old naked people just find the really odd. Don't don't go well, I won't. So you're just you're just all about the freedom aspect of this. I agree. I don't want to outlawed. It just seems odd to me.
Speaker 2: So you got horseback riding?
Speaker 6: I would I would demand can I just throw some short sound or something?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Look, my jeans would be better, but can I just do some shorts?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Look? Are you gonna kick me out of here if I put on a pair of underwear before I get astride this wire haired horse? I agree? Come on, let's have a little flexibility.
Speaker 2: I will saddle.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the colony aspect of it because their places like Baker Beach in San Francisco, where half of the beach is nude and the other half is just not. So you don't really know what you're gonna get when you go. At least they're kind of hanging out together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly I don't want to be I think you're right. The karaoke is what put it over the top. I just think it combines two things that just, hmm, that is just too much. I might be able to put up with the being around naked listening to a good band. I might be able to put up with the amateur singing clothed r but the average nudity with the amateur singing would be a lot to take in.
Speaker 2: You're asking too much.
Speaker 1: You're asking for me to overlook too many things.
Speaker 6: Right exactly, I'm gonna go out by the pool and read a book naked.
Speaker 2: Here's a short report on the newdest resort.
Speaker 5: Sounds like from your experience you can see someone actually walking away with a cheesecake there after the cheesecake factory was looted.
Speaker 3: Unclear where they may have gotten that. So I guess that's the cheesecake festival that are going to have.
Speaker 6: It's a stretch, Michael, I know, well, I guess that's it.