Speaker 1: Two teas in a pod which Teddy Mellencamp and Cam Ridge edge.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, we are back with another episode of squat splashback Real Housewives of Orange County Season two, episodes three and four. You can watch along with us, or you can just probably listen to us, because our recaps are probably better than the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, uh, this one's called watch Out, Bitches, and it aired January thirtieth, two thousand and seven. Joe continues to party into the wee hours, and Slade isn't pleased. Laurie buys a conservative black dress for a Republican fundraiser she is attending with George, and Gina tries to instill money saving values in her daughter Kara, while Tammy's youngest daughter Lindsay is still troubled by the divorce and pines over the law of her trust fund. I mean, that's a lot of shit going down, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of shit, I know. So this episode we find out that Laurie is now engaged to George, and like we said last week, they're still married, still happily married, still living in the same house. We saw her at Bravo Con. You did not see her though.
Speaker 2: Vicky was one of the first people Laurie called about her engagement. Vicky is worried about Lourie because she is forty five, been married twice, and is now getting into another commitment.
Speaker 3: I have a question.
Speaker 2: Vicky worried about Laura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have the same question. Worried or jealous? Jealous? She had mentioned many times that she was jealous of her relationship Laurie's relationship with George. I mean, I don't know what she'd be worried about. George wasn't a player, he wasn't a criminal, he wasn't a bad guy. He's actually a really good guy.
Speaker 2: And it's not like the show was so successful at the time that I think meant other than Slade. I don't think that men were like trying to get onto the show avidly. Like I think George, no, you.
Speaker 3: Will see to come. He's not exactly one that enjoyed being on the show.
Speaker 2: And I don't even remember if this was from this episode or the one right after. But seeing George and Laurie riding together on the horse, like, you can tell they have general I mean, you can tell they have the same interests and they love doing things together. But when there, when she's getting ready for her dinner for Mitt Robney, the governor of Massachusetts and possible Republican presidential candidate, and then she goes, I mean a year ago, it was getting ready for the Playboy mansion. What a difference a year?
Speaker 3: What a difference your megs, Glorie Saints, she vets Republican only because that's how she was raised, but she doesn't even know what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm also curious what year did Vicky start talking to Brooks during this time period?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, so a little bit of hypocrite there, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Then we get into Gina, who has four houses, which I was gonna as looking at those four houses, one of those kids is getting dicked.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think those those houses were for the kids. Let's just put that stray right, Let's just make that clear. I think she was in real estate. She bought. It's like me saying, this house I'm been in Big Bear that I just second house. I bought.
Speaker 2: This is for Ryan.
Speaker 3: No, maybe one day when I die, but no, but it's I think that's what she's saying. She had rental houses and she's.
Speaker 2: Actually bought houses that she was renting out. Yes, but she said they have a two bedroom condo for Colton, a house in Irvine for Shane, and a house on the golf course for Kara. Colton once again getting dicked. But then Gina says, Kara has been shopping like crazy for the past six month, buying twenty five hundred dollars worth of purses.
Speaker 3: I that's because that's because at that time, the children on Housewives Over eighteen made a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I was confused because they were talking about this modeling job. But then they didn't do any flashbacks of yeah, Bara modeling, So okay, yeah got paid that.
Speaker 3: They got paid a lot of money back.
Speaker 2: So did the husbands get paid?
Speaker 3: Them to Joe? Only kids over eighteen?
Speaker 2: But Karl was in eighteen, wasn't she held with She? No, she was still in high school. Hmm, who knows.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I thought she was eighteen, but you're right, she was still in high school.
Speaker 2: Well, then we see Joe out with her girlfriends in La Slade calls Joe but gets her voicemail. Slade says, Joe misses opportunities to be with him and his kids when she's out drinking and then she sleeps out. You can tell she's still like, not tipsy, but you know when you're hungover anxiety. Yeah, like her eyes are glazed over.
Speaker 3: Ye yes, yes, yes, yes, so definitely. I mean Joe is so definitely at the end and gives zero f's about Slade. You could just tell. And by the way, does anybody else to slave remind you of Jack's No?
Speaker 2: What it was reminding me of watching the whole cookie baking scene was Nick and Jessica Simpson, like when the Chicken of the Sea. Like I was like, come on, I've talked to Joe. She's pretty, seems pretty with it.
Speaker 3: She's pretty smart, and I mean to be especially to be a loan officer. I really do feel like Joe was acting. She was trying to act dumb. Every time her and Slade were together, they both looked like they were acting. And it's also comes across very well.
Speaker 2: I have a question. There are times when I don't have certain things in my fridge, but my general thoughts, yeah, my staples are butter it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact that he's like Joe, I bet you didn't even think about the fact I'm like, well, most of the time. I'm not running low on butter right.
Speaker 3: And it's not like she was funny because she's like, I've never picked before. I'm like, it's not like you're baking some scratch, you're picking out of a bag. I don't know. Oh, it was just a lot.
Speaker 2: But then Tammy met Lou when she was eighteen and got married at twenty one. Tammy says they had a great life until our husband's affair and then his company went bankrupt and they lost everything. This is where I need additional information. Yes, did the affair have something to do with the bankruptcy or these are two separate life you know?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I came on as Tammy was kind of coming out. I think she was only on for one season. Lou, I mean, you're gonna see a lot. I don't want to spoil it for you. He's very involved in the show coming up, and then well, I will spoil it for you. Then he passes away.
Speaker 2: Well, then Tammy says, Lindsay has been very lost and needs her dad to help guide her. Lou used to tell Lindsay to marry rich, but since he lost about three hundred and eighty million dollars.
Speaker 3: How do you lose three hundred and eighty million dollars and not just keep, you know, a couple of it around.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least eighty million, you could keep around.
Speaker 3: Eighty millillion that I know. That's crazy. I had no idea they were that rich.
Speaker 2: I mean I once lost five dollars and I was stressed about it for weeks.
Speaker 3: I lost five hundred thousand dollars and didn't make me happy. I was shocked. They obviously know who the owner is of the new house because they were able to walk through it the outside, the front of the gates, and that was a little shocking to me.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Slade planned a surprise weekend for Joe That's sorry spoiler alert that she hated I know, and Slade jokingly asked how the baby is. Joe is bothered that Slade is joking that she's pregnant because it makes her feel like she needs to lose weight. Slade says he's joking, but it is what motivates her to go to the gym.
Speaker 3: Slade said, Josh, but you know what I thought it was because she had on like a baby doll shirt, so you know, it looked kind of like the old style pregnancy shirt. So I thought that's why he was saying that. But then when he came out with well that motivates her go to the gym, then I thought, okay, you're just being a douche.
Speaker 2: And then on the road, Joe says she but I will tell you Slade has a history of joking and making comments about women's weight.
Speaker 3: He made fun of me saying I look like the Michelin man in a bathing suit. He made fun of Vicky's no, he's calling her miss Piggy. So this is he was the one that says yes, he told yeah, I tol lydia she needs to eat a cheeseburger on the show, so he's got you know.
Speaker 2: Slade is just perfect, so he can comment on everybody, supposedly, but even on the road, she says she wants something sweet. This is supposedly her surprise birthday weekend, and Slade says it's the baby and Joe tells him to shut up. Slade then says, let's go buy a test. They get their blah blah blah. The day it was boring. She wanted mimosas he didn't even have those for her. Then, Brianna and Colby are going away to Chicago for the first time alone together. Vicky already set it up so Briann and Colby could not be sleeping in the same room. This, I mean, my dad had this rule for me and Edwin as well, that any time until we were married, we couldn't sleep in the same room. Yeah, I'm like, Dad, you realize we lived together in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But then Vicky continuing to talk about Brianna and the BIX and and the suffer the consequences if she has sex with Colby and her morals. But then, but then then she had Brooks on the side.
Speaker 3: But you know what, Vicky, but she also the Bible frowns upon cheating.
Speaker 2: But then not just that, But then Vicky said, I mean I didn't follow these own rules myself, blah blah blah. Like and listen, I'm not saying in high school you should be having sex, but I think you should be also teaching your children about safe safety.
Speaker 3: How about Vicky giving Michael a haircut and she went to beauty school and Michael's just like so annoyed by her, Michael just tunes her out.
Speaker 2: She asks him so many questions, and I mean, I feel like sometimes I can be that way where I ask my kids a million questions and they're not listening to me, and they're not answering. So in those moments.
Speaker 3: Where their kids are little, their kids are little, this is a nineteen year old kid where you're going, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Why are you going there?
Speaker 3: It's like, shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot. But then Vicky and Don take a trip to lake have a suit. Vicky says she cuts loose and has fun and have a sue. She can be herself and not be judged. Vicky says, they call each other the higher class white trash. I mean white trash. Vicky actually seems like fun compared to the one that I come into contact with. We end and have a sue and we get right into relationships. Are better than your head. This is the episode four Joe is Her Name is At the beginning of everything one, Joe struggles with her new independence and the pull of her relationship with Slade, Gina, Joe, Laurie, and Vicki attend the Orange County Home and Garden expo, where unresolved tension between Joe and Laurie caused by Laurie's relationship with Slade comes to a head.
Speaker 3: Well, where they were hometown celebrities. You see that everybody wanted taking a picture with them at the Orange County Home and Garden Expo right there in Anaheim.
Speaker 2: But before we get there, Colby's dog had puppies, and Brianna asked if she could have one of the puppies, but Vicky and Don said no. Vicky agrees to keep the dog, and Don is not happy. I'm like, at this point, Don is very rarely happy unless he's tipsy and have a sue right, and Vicky's talking to someone else it.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine that? Could you imagine being married to that?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say anything about that, but uh, Brionna feeling too afraid to let her parents know that, well, letting Don and Vicky know that her dorm wasn't going to take the dog until after they had the dog, even though she'd found out a way.
Speaker 3: She wasn't even in a dorm. She was in an apartment in Azusa, So she was in her own apartment. Don't you think that she should have looked for apartment that takes dogs. Well.
Speaker 2: I also want to know why Vicky couldn't fill up her own car with gas. I mean, granted, I don't even drive, but when I do drive, if my car is on empty, I can take it to the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can take it to I don't know.
Speaker 2: Then Joe gets a job offered to be the official tighter title rep for the Beverly Hills Territory. Joe doesn't wait, can we go back to the dog thing? Yes?
Speaker 3: So I had to laugh at Don's comment when Vicky's like, I'm okay with it, Don's okay with it? And Don goes, no, Don got hosed.
Speaker 2: Don used to say that all the time. Yeah, Vicky just hosed me. Hosed me, Don. You could tell Don he's the level of checked out is like me watching Raal Housewives of Potomac right now. It's like, you know, after they split up.
Speaker 3: I Vicky had me call him once and I had him on speaker. I'm like, hey, Don, any chance you and Vicky can get back together? He goes, yeah, when monkeys fly out of my asshole.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought he was telling us there was a chance.
Speaker 3: Now're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 2: No, he ran fast, fast, well, not as fast as Joe is wanting to run to Beverly Hills. I think Joe doesn't want Slade to buy her a condo because she doesn't because when he enties to him like, no, I don't want you coming to drop in whenever you feel like it. I'd rather live in a studio apartment with my best friend than live in a nice condo that you could have potentially bought me. Yeah, then Joe is going to see Gina for advice. Joe says if she leaves, she doesn't know what will happen to her Enslade. Gina says her husband travels six months out of the year. It's not like she can visit on the weekends, Shane comes and sits with them. Gina says Joe and Shane have a strange relationship. Joe asked Shane's plans for the weekend. He said he was going out of town, but then all of a sudden, he wasn't out of town. And Joe says Shane is are tight, but she couldn't date him because of MoMA. Gina, I think.
Speaker 3: They did date.
Speaker 2: Do you think they dated or they think.
Speaker 3: I think they probably hooked up, but Joe leaving Sleigh was probably the best decision she could ever, ever, ever make.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think that Joe actually went to Gina for advice or a chance to flirt with Shane?
Speaker 3: A chance to float with Shane?
Speaker 2: Okay, Then the ladies are taking a limo to the Home and Garden show at the Expo Center. Laurie asked Joe where her ring is and she says, they're not engaged. How did Laurie not know they were not? So? Did they get back together and then just never put the ring back on? In that ring?
Speaker 3: The ring was not real. Joe was on the podcasts early on and she said the ring was not real.
Speaker 2: Well, then Joe tells Laurie she doesn't want to know what happened with Slade, and she's moved on, And then Laurie Loy's like, no, I'm not letting you think I'm the bad guy here. Laurie says she did not initiate the relationship. Slade pursued her for two weeks before I love that. It's like two weeks. She's gonna be like two and a half years.
Speaker 3: It's before I gave in.
Speaker 2: But a whole whole six text messagers and I was ready. Slade pursued her for two weeks before she agreed to go out. Joe says Slade is a liar and she feels completely betrayed. I believe what Laurie saying. I don't think she has any reason to lie about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure Slade made it seem that Laurie was the one who came for him, because that's what he does. He loved to be part of the show. He knew if Joe is off the show, because she is off the show after the season. I believe. And you know, there's a reason why Andy used to call him the sixth housewife.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then they're out and one of Joe's friend to ask Shane what his intentions are with Joe. Shane says, that's a better question to ask Joe. It's making me, it's giving me like we're already making out vibes. But either way, Joe jokingly asked Shane if he wants to go home with her. Joe calls Slade and tells him that Shane is going to drive her home. Slade is not thrilled with this, clearly and it's three in the morning and whenever Joe's drunk. Fish.
Speaker 3: Okay, well this is just in. When she was on our podcast, she basically said they just kissed at that point in time. At that point in time, yeah, okay, she was on prior she said. Ever.
Speaker 2: Oh ever, it may have been when she after she broke up with Slade officially, or it may have been now. We don't know.
Speaker 3: But I think.
Speaker 2: This entire thing is just a big, huge red flag. But we'll continue on to Slade's disgusting comment that I can't even deal with. That haunts me in my nightmares. But first we get to Lou taking Megan to get her nose job. Megan has wanted one for years now that she's twenty one. The hardest part for me to stomach is after the nose job, the doctory goes, now, your nose looks just like your mom's.
Speaker 3: I know, well, obviously Tammy got a nose job, but I thought it was very weird that he was doing surgery and everybody was allowed to come in during thegery. It's not sanitary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does anyone in their mother just come on in?
Speaker 3: Vicki takes her daughter to college. She drives it at ZUSA to get her started, and she's in the car, and just the racial slurs she was making about her own client to me was like, what the hell these are your clients that are going to see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I can't understand why she would think that that was okay to say.
Speaker 3: I know it was bad too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on now, I'm on.
Speaker 3: Nowadays she would have been canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nowadays, you're out. You're Then Joe tells Slade that she took a job and Beverly Hill's Joe asked if he's mad. Slade says no, it's a good thing for her, and then he whispers, you don't get here.
Speaker 3: That was so weird.
Speaker 2: That was like, I see dead people like he's he's done creepy things. But him whispering you don't here shivers down my spine. Also, Joe almost didn't seem like seemed like in the confessional she didn't think it was mean that he did it, like because she's probably so used to it.
Speaker 3: Of his comments like that.
Speaker 2: It was disgussed, like, I I he's ugh, and I just want to be like the fact that he me thinking knowing what I know now, the fact that I know he's Scretchen, and the fact that I'm going to see him on the show without Joe, with somebody else and me having to wonder if he's going to act the same way is it's giving me the a I know, I ick and I didn't. I remember, I've given him the benefit of the doubt before, and now that I'm, you know, into season two, I am so icked out. He may be my last choice of any housewife, husband or boyfriend or whatever.
Speaker 3: I think it was your I think it was your first choice that on the stage in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think so I can't remember what my options were.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, the guys, well keep on tuning in and make sure that you listen to all of our other pods.