Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Ginger Billy May ninth through the eleventh, then from White Famous, catch Jay Farrow ME sixteenth and seventeenth, and don't miss Rocky Dan Davis ME twenty third and twenty fourth. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway, dot com.
Speaker 2: Comedy Off Bay.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone. This is Kentucky Sports Radio live from beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona, where it is seven oh three in the am. And this is Perspectives with Drew Franklin and Matt Jones. You can give us a shout uh. We'll open it up here in a few minutes. Clark's Puppet Shop phone nine eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto Glass text machine is seven seven to two four two five four in this distion sponsored by the t J. Smith Lovas called TJ. He'll make them pay. Drew Franklin is here. Mario was actually down at the gift shop trying to get us some breakfast. SODA's Shannon and Shannon's in Louisville. Ryan is off for a couple of days. Shannon, Nice to talk to you, even though a little later where you are, but we are in sunny Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So did you ever figure out exactly why you're in Arizona? You didn't really know why you were going when you jumped down the plane.
Speaker 4: At the barstool, Bet Gallup. We don't really know what that is, not sure one hundred percent what it is. We're going to still don't really know. The invitation said three to ten, come when you want. I don't know what that means when you say.
Speaker 3: Three to ten, big time span, a big time span, three to ten.
Speaker 2: Want to be first one there.
Speaker 4: We're not showing up at three. We decided we do, Drew. We did believe it said try for sure to be there by six. So I think we're gonna we're gonna try to do maybe, Shannon, four thirty five. We feel like that's the prime time for us to enter is around there? Do you agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you know you come about midway through that way, you can stay a little bit later on, and that's where the meat of whatever's going to happen is probably gonna happen to be.
Speaker 4: On the bone right there, Drew, Are you ready for whatever this is gonna be?
Speaker 5: I'm very ready, but I admit I'm here in your room. Nice room, by the way, and I saw what you're wearing tonight, and now me and Mario both were kind of intimidated. We don't want to go after seeing your outfit.
Speaker 4: Shannon, I have, for the first time in my life, I'm wearing a swayed jacket.
Speaker 2: Swayed.
Speaker 4: Wait, you got to see this thing, Shannon. It's kind of awesome. It's sort of it's it finally walks the line from being beautiful and could be a waiter. It walks that line really well.
Speaker 3: Somebody walks up to you and ask for some more appetizers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, when I was picking my outfit, I'm going. The guy that was helping me, Albert, she suggested black on black because we were in short amount of time. And at first he said, where white shirt? And then I looked at it and I feel like I look like a waiter with this. So now we're all black. Shannon all black, Johnny Cash all black, black shirt, black pants, black suede jacket, black shoes.
Speaker 5: Actually, hold on right now.
Speaker 4: We don't have any forgets, so I might have to go get shoes today. Right now, I have my Devin Booker ones that are great.
Speaker 2: You need to mix it a little color, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, all black. That's what we're doing, and we'll see how it plays out. We also have you know, I am sunburned, but I have a hat life, so I have really red face and then a white line across the top of my head. So you know, this is gonna be an interesting thing. But you know, Drew, this is what we do with the barstool back gala, whatever that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we still don't know what it is. I thought I paid good money for my suit. I even tried it onto the hotel. I thought I looked good. But I am so intimidated. But I am looking forward to getting.
Speaker 4: There and whatever we're doing with Mario too, because he he says he's wearing red. Oh my goodness. So I didn't know that this is black tie event going red, So so we don't really know what we're going to, but we will. We'll talk more about it later. We'll talk more about what we don't know. Scottsdale, Arizona beautiful, isn't it true? I mean there are Cattie everywhere. We are at a really nice resort that DraftKings put us up in. There's palm trees and it's Uh, what do you think of the place so far?
Speaker 5: Uh, we've only mostly seen the uber ride to the resort, the resort, but uh, this is a beautiful area, just the mountains and.
Speaker 4: The back drop. Uh.
Speaker 5: We've been to Arizona, went to Sedona, but I've never been to sed Nick Scottsdale area. I've loved it so far. I have the body clock thing going on. So I was up at five am this morning and I just kind of walked around outside. But it's gorgeous out here.
Speaker 4: It is beautiful. Nice flight here, which Shannon Mario almost didn't make. Uh he was. He was one of the last people that they they checked in. I thought we were gonna have to leave him the secure. Let me just say Shannon the security on the Sunday morning after the derby in Cincinnati, it's a wild scene that is a wild, wild scene with the amount of people, I guess trying to get out of this area.
Speaker 2: Everybody probably hung over from the derby.
Speaker 4: If you've ever been to Cincinnati Airport, For anybody listening, I want you to think about what the security would look like if the line was outside. Okay, it went all the way through the security line, all the way to the front of the building out on the sidewalk, Shannon, that's where this security line was when I got there yesterday.
Speaker 2: That sounds like an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 3: But there's gonna be There's gonna be more of that coming because you know that real id thing starts Wednesday, so.
Speaker 4: I'm flying whole Thursday. Like I'm already, I'm already kind of concerned about it, but you know, I have pre check and clear, so I was able to and Drew has pre checked, but Mario didn't have anything. So Mario had to get at the back of the line. And I was like, Mario, we'll see you never hope it works out for you. I mean, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: I felt bad because I was Mario's rod and I'm the one that did the timing, and I actually told him. I was like, let's be extra early.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I got up at four yesterday and I was in Mario's driveway at five am. I thought we were good. I thought we were more than good. When we got to that airport, I thought, I've never seen it.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: I played it cool with Mario because I didn't want to panic and make him panic. But the whole time, I'm thinking, we're not making this.
Speaker 4: We're not making this. I can't imagine what the Louisville Airport's like after If that's the Cincinnati airport, can you imagine what the Louisville airport is like?
Speaker 5: The day after the derby and we were waiting and we had to check our luggage, and the woman just walked away and left the station there completely unattended for fifteen minute. None of us knew what to do. At that point, I looked at Mario. I was like, all right, now we can officially worry. Yeah, well, we're here.
Speaker 4: He made it and we're here and we're ready to go the We got a few things we can talk about. We'll talk about Drew's pretty amazing round of golf in a number of different ways yesterday, but we should start with the derby and the oaks, let's start shanting with the oaks, simply joking where we were ready to go. I was pumped up for the race, not gonna ride lie to you. You know, all day we were walking around with our owner's hats shandon. People were taking our picture, but not because it was KSR, because they were like, they saw our hats and like, you own simply joking? Can I have a picture? And we didn't say yeah, yeah, We didn't say, you know, we own one fraction of the of a hare. We were like, yeah, you're talking to a simply joking owner. So there's a lot of pictures people have who I don't think know who we are, of us with those hats on, and we started to get excited. I mean, over the course of the day, I'd convinced myself Drew, we were winning this race.
Speaker 5: Me too, And I learned something I wish I could go back to my younger derby days. Anyone listening, if you're single and you go to the derby, even if you're in field, let me tell you, get a hat made with a horse's name.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even matter what the horse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, put Barbara on. I don't care, do you truly cannot walk around people. Hubby stepped outside to smoke a cigar and I went with him, and this group of gorgeous women came up and asked Hubby for a picture. They're like, we've never met a horse owner. And I'm thinking this, it's just all.
Speaker 4: By wearing a hat. And that's the move from now on. Single just put a horse's name on. It. Doesn't even have to be a horse run the race because nobody knows something else. You just wear a ball cap, right, just say have it, say you know, Billy R sports on it. Like people people don't think, well, this dude must have enough money to own a horse. We don't have to tell them how much of the horse you own. So so that was good and by over the course of the day, you also saw the power of KSR. I mean that horse opened as the fifth favorite and it got up to Shannon the second favorite right by the race. You can't tell me that's not KSR, that's not people betting that. Did you don't you agree? Don't? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure like if you're outside of that KSR world, you're probably thinking, why is this horse all the way up to number two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the race starts, Mario's now joining us. How excited were we by the time the race started?
Speaker 6: You guys are pretty excited. I have a have a video that I didn't put out yet that you can see your FI.
Speaker 4: You don't have to put that out because, uh, if we were you don't have to put that out. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about it. But you know, you guys seem very excited and by the end of the race.
Speaker 4: What is happening? Why can't you He's that one? All right, you need to be able to talk. It talk in your mind. First of all. Put that up next to your face. That's good, that's all right. So uh but anyway, the the we were excited, ready to go, and then all of a sudden the race started. That's the problem with these races. You end up having them, you know, you end up actually they start and things don't go as well. It came out well, right, came out well, ready to go. I like the position it was in. It was it was, you know, just right behind the leaders, which is where we were. The owner of the trainer told us that's where we want to be.
Speaker 5: In the in the barn for the last two months, that's what we've been saying.
Speaker 4: We've been saying. I told I had told the trainer, and I actually told the jockey Shamon, just stay right behind the fet Yeah, yeah, my guy Floren Jean. I was like, just just stay right there. And it looked good. And then all of a sudden, as the horses started making their move, Uh, he made an odd decision, which was to go backwards. It was an odd decision, you know. At that time. I would have advocated to go forward, but drew. You know, again, I can't second guess the jockey, but he made the decision to go backwards. And by backwards, I mean to last place. So out of fourteen horses, simply joking, came in last again, not what I had predicted. Uh, and a little disappointing, not gonna lie to you. But but still we were in the race, and that's what uh yeah.
Speaker 5: For for a few seconds, I was dreaming dreams. We were looking good. I actually worried, to be honest, that it had gotten hurt the way it pulled up, So I did too, and I had flashbacks. We mentioned this last Friday, but you and I picked a horse at Keenland years ago and they and they had to put it down in front of everyone. Yeah, so we've gone from dead to dead to dead. Last next year, maybe we're going to the twelfth. I mean, we're working our way up twenty forty.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently they Jackie pulled it up because he said he knew they weren't gonna win, and they're saving him hoping I think to maybe running the week the day of the Belmont, not in the Belmont, but one of the undercard races.
Speaker 5: That's why we'll get back to the stable and figured out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd be optimistic about it, like, you know, it's only going to get better from here, right anymore?
Speaker 4: Totally with you? How could how could it get worse? It could not.
Speaker 2: It could be shot like Brusa, but it was not.
Speaker 4: But you know what, it was a fun experience. I did enjoy it. It was exciting to feel like a part of it. You know. We we had a lot of adventures, which we'll talk about later on during the show, and a lot of you all. There were a bunch of you all that were there who were coming up who they gave me a bag of hats to give out to fellow owners. I may have just given them out to people that I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still waiting on my hat.
Speaker 4: Get I think I gave you away.
Speaker 2: After that performance.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to be associated with this horse anymore.
Speaker 4: It's but but you know it was. It was fun, even though it didn't work out.
Speaker 5: We had done the Oaks and Derby UH several years consecutively before twenty twenty, and I thought, you know, I've left that part of me behind. But getting back there that was so much much I have.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till next year. A lot of people, they've changed a lot since we So, Shannon, I have you been since COVID to Churchill?
Speaker 2: I don't think that, man, I don't think I have no.
Speaker 4: So I think basically everything except the infield and the general admission. So if you have an assigned seat, it's all free food and drink. Wow, everywhere, everywhere, everywhere. So the good part about that is there are no lines right now. They don't have as much like cool food because they're just giving it all away. But there's no lines anywhere. So like whereas you used to always have to stand in a line for food or alcohol or whatever, now it's just offering. Now. I'm sure they raised the tickets to make that up. But because of that, I do think the experience is a lot better, don't you, Drew?
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, it was smooth and sure the food quality has probably gone down a little bit, but all man needs is a hot dog and a good bourbon y. Yeah, and you just it took no time to go.
Speaker 4: And people just walk up and down the stands Shanning handing out hot dogs for free. You got hot dog delivery. You know that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know, twenty two dollars for a drink. I think Drew would definitely get his money's worth if he were there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Free, I mean you're paying for it and the cost ticket, But I mean it's it's uh, they make their money on me because I don't drink. I get one diet coke. They lose it on Drew, but I think that probably evens.
Speaker 5: Out for him, right, Yeah, and just overall, I don't know if they've priced people out, but or maybe it was a down year, but at least on Oak's Day, it didn't feel feeling nearly as packed.
Speaker 4: As it's been in the past. Yeah, I agree, we still have rain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might have just been on one off year. I haven't been since for twenty twenty, as I mentioned, but we even had our My favorite part of going to Churchill is the walk out. I mean we even had. We didn't hit Rodman Street the walk out, but the parties were happening.
Speaker 4: Ended up shanting that Moby Dick the fish place that I eat only eat out walking home from something which is good. Though Moby Dick is good, is good, Moby Dick is good.
Speaker 2: It's good on a pinch.
Speaker 3: I need you to tell me about this guy that was just grilling out with the shot.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break because I need to talk about break. We need to talk about that guy, and we needed to talk about what many of our listeners thought about that. But we will take a break. Also, Oh, I don't know, big Race Matt hit the trifecta again at the derby. We'll talk about it next here on Chaoz Waterback, it is Kentucky Sports Radio. Uh text machine seven seven two seven four five two five four people arguing about whether or not Moby Dick's good in it. So I enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: I thought it was good good.
Speaker 4: I mean, Shannon, it's not like you're not going for a five star restaurant. But if you would like fried fish in a pit inch, that was good fried fish, especially after you've walked a mile and a half to get there.
Speaker 3: What is it the first mate that you get the fish and you get the fries and the hush puppies.
Speaker 4: Hush puppy was really good. So yeah, shout out Moby Dick. Don't listen to these people. There's a few of those. I don't know. Is that a chain outside of Louisville. It's big and Louisville, but is anywhere. There's like six or seven of them in Louisville. Louisville all right, Well, I'm I'm fo it. They used to have soup beans like white beans were good. I didn't see those eightf I'm nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. Somebody just sent me a picture from the Louisville airport Sunday. You thought Cincinnati was bad, Oh my goodness, that looked like chaos. I'm just saying that, in the future, try not to fly the morning after the derby. I'll try not to do that again. Apparently in Phoenix, Mario, they have this is they have ubers here that don't have drivers. You good with that.
Speaker 7: Uh, I kind of I would like to see it.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'm one hundred percent sure I will want to drive in it, but I would like the experience.
Speaker 4: They won't let you drive it's driver. Listen, you mean ride in it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll ride in it. I'll ride in it. Not to a far place though.
Speaker 5: After that Uber we had yesterday, I would like one that doesn't have a driver, and we had Uber drivers.
Speaker 4: One of these people won't stop talking. You know, he wants to like he wants to be in every conversation. And and here's the thing. This is the great trade about Mario. Mario is nice to everybody, but he's a little too nice.
Speaker 5: Sometimes because I would say he's curious.
Speaker 4: That's a question. I was definitely curious, but like you needed do you need to be less curious.
Speaker 6: I was coming off of a plane and I'm in Phoenix, Arizona for the first time, and he's driving us.
Speaker 7: And I try kind of treating it.
Speaker 4: But you had him going over the history of the Detroit Lines flag calls. That was like the flag the calls by the referees. He disagreed with, Like I didn't need to hear all that, Like he was like, and then there was Calvin Johnson and and Mario just go yeah, yeah, tell me about it. And I just wanted to look at him, like tell him just Mario stopped Mickey mantel.
Speaker 5: We talked about mine.
Speaker 7: You rather it be awkward silence, just like I'd rather sit in silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talks too much? Do you deduct a star from that?
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna. I don't want to deduct stars because my Uber rating people deduct stars on me and it hurts my feet. I have a why I have a four, and I don't understand why I'm a good rider. I always I don't know. They don't tell you. You know, I have eleven Uber drivers over history of giving me one star.
Speaker 7: I see why.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna like him.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, what do you see why?
Speaker 5: Unfriendliness and start talking so much?
Speaker 4: You think they put one star because you don't talk to him.
Speaker 5: I thought you were gonna like him because as soon as we left the airport, I was watching his GPS and he missed the turn, and he missed the turn immediately he pulled.
Speaker 4: A U turn. I'm like, oh, Matt's right at home? Where you turning right in the middle of I don't understand. I mean, it looks like most of them were a long time ago. It was like when I first started going. But I guess I didn't know the etiquette when you first started. But I'll tell you one of the things. Don't talk to talk, just hop in the car, just hopping the car. Hey, hope you're having a good day. Thank you man. And then like put your headphones.
Speaker 5: On for insects. We're getting the bugs in Phoenix.
Speaker 4: He talks way too seen the videos, all right, so uh so let's talk about the guy that we ran into afterwards. You know, Shannon, there are people out cooking on the on the road right, and a lot of it's good foods, smells good. You get a lot of different smells, You get a lot of different people. It seems like sometimes when you're walking down those roads, people brought their whole families in from out of town. Everybody's sitting in the yard, you know what I mean, Like there's just there's just people everywhere. We get almost to Moby Dick, we're almost done with the walk, and then Hubby decides he wants a brought worst tortilla, which are two words I didn't even know combined.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that before.
Speaker 4: You ever heard of meybody getting a brought worst and putting them on a tortilla.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a big broad worst guy. That's the first time I've seen it all, the first time I've seen you. I tweeted out the picture of the guy. It's hard to do him justice. Just think though, if you were to create beer belly in perfection. I mean, he looked like he was pregnant, right. He ain't about the birth of Miller. He was, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: And he was totally fine. This is why I appreciate it at about a guy like that, totally fine, shirt off, belly out, No, not self conscious in the least. I give him credit for that. Like he didn't think about how he looked. He's totally good with it. Most people in that situation would suck it a little bit. I think he was pushing it out. He was pushing it off. And then his his his his door said had a picture of a gun and said unless you want to meet Jesus, don't come through this door. An amazing thing to put on your door, right, So Hubby decides that's where we're gonna stop and get the broad worst towards you. And so I put up his picture because I was like, this is what we're getting food from. And the amount of people Shannon that put in the comments they thought it looked like Ryan.
Speaker 2: No, my mind didn't go to Ryan at all.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of people did, a lot of people's did go look at the comments. It's all like, oh, Ryan's let himself go look at Ryan.
Speaker 2: He's in that slim suit, we know, right.
Speaker 4: I started to feel bad for Ryan. Ryan didn't do anything you talk about catching astray. But then I looked at it and I was like, it kind of looks like well I can see it. Yeah, I mean go look at it like it kind of looks like him. And so then I felt bad that. You know, people, but look at that, just quickly glance at it. You can't like, you can see how somebody went from afar. You can see how somebody could think that's Ryan. I put a couple of videos on my Instagram.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I've ever had that many messages and reply to something as it was that video, and all of them were Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.
Speaker 4: Ryan, everybody was Ryan, which I didn't even think when I put up that it looked like Ryan. Now it will look like good food. Right.
Speaker 5: Well, there's one thing that jumped out to me. I'm not I'm not here to be the health department. But he when he put the tortilla on the grill, he would pad it to make sure it was warm, like you would do you want to make sure you have a good hot grill for tortilla. But with that same hand he would pick at his belly button and then go back to the tortilla. I mean, same hand, tortilla, belly button, tortilla, belly button. As Hubby was just sitting there looking at the grill waiting to eat his he touched the tortilla.
Speaker 2: I mean he was a little belly button seasoning.
Speaker 4: Fill the tortilla, put some peppers on it.
Speaker 5: Get belly button, repeat belly button.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're worried about the belly button or maybe a chan to worry about that cardboard sign for the menu, Like the.
Speaker 4: Menu is written on a cardboard sign, which was nice, which, by the way it worked, It's what drew Hubby into the place, was the cardboard sign.
Speaker 5: He at one point dollers right.
Speaker 4: He at one point asked heavy if he would like klipinos on it, and Hoy said yes, and he goes all right. I got to go inside and get some and I was like, no, we're going.
Speaker 2: That's the moment where you just take the food.
Speaker 4: That was the moment I'd had enough, like I mean, because it had taken forever to begin with. So I loved him. I loved him to I don't think he's certified. I was looking for like the A B C score. I didn't see his son. I didn't see a health department score. But so that was our oaks and it was a lot of fun. Saw a lot of former UK folks. Mario, we saw Will Levis, Wandelle Robinson. She saw Randall Cobb.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen Randall Cobb in a while, and I'm I'm a married man.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Randall Cobb's eyes were hypnotizing. I hadn't seen him in a while. That God, I agree.
Speaker 4: Listen there at the dirt, it's unbelievable. At the oaks, they're beautiful. That's my focus. But Randall Cobb's eyes, I'd put him up with him. If you're just talking, sheer eyes, they're right there. We'll be right back. T. J.
Speaker 2: Smith personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them back Jim Sports Radio Mortgage Jones.
Speaker 4: Luckily, Shannon didn't have any of that, going.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no, it's gonna be in the podcast.
Speaker 4: It'll be there when I hear that song. I falsetto that one part that's hungry eyes again. It's good. Eric Carmon's fine. Shannon's got it. If he wants to put it in the podcast, he can. That could be a little nugget for the podcast people.
Speaker 5: I wish what we were telling Shannon off there.
Speaker 4: We met some characters. We met some characters at the at the Oaks. We uh I had a ticket Shannon to the Turf Club, but Drew, Ryan and and and Hubby didn't. And uh we might have snuck him in. It was a character. It was a a member of Andy Barr's entourage. Might have screamed it one of my friends for no reason. I like Bady Bar, you need to control your people. There's no reason to just have your people screaming at one of my friends just.
Speaker 2: Screamed at him just because I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just be like Andy Barr, control your people, and arguably your most likable friend. No one dislikes Tall. Why you don't like dislik him?
Speaker 7: I love him?
Speaker 4: Actually, let me say something to you about him. I'm sorry, this is becoming a fade this episode, and this is just what's gonna happen right now. Hopefully people like it. You want to know what Mario said to Tall, Shannon, And you meant this as a compliment, didn't he compliment? Mario likes Tall? Mario did that thing where he's been drinking a little bit and he starts pointing at you. You know what I'm doing? Like, He starts pointing at you, and he looks at Tall and he goes, I really like you. You are hilarious. So far, so good, Shannon, Right, he goes, you know who? You remind me of Kevin from the Office. Not a compliment. How are you gonna say that to somebody like you broke his heart? But you understand, no one wants to think they look like Kevin from the office, and Tall looks nothing like. He's not big, not size wise, but facial like. That's not a compliment. You can't tell somebody they look like Kevin from the Office.
Speaker 5: I love Kevin, we love Tall.
Speaker 4: Would you agree? You can't say that to somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a compliment.
Speaker 4: We look like Mario, Who do I think?
Speaker 2: Who do you think we look like?
Speaker 3: I mean you, you know, you'll probably give us the least flattering name you could think of.
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're having it's it looks like it's having a little connection problem here we sound all right? Do we sound okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're there?
Speaker 4: You're good? Okay, all right, Well, if it's if it's, But you can't do that, Mario. Just for the record, Sorry, n Kevin making it worse. Sorry, listen, Sorry, Tall's one hundred pounds shy of Kevin from the office. Sorry. All right, So let's go to the Derby. First of all, drew highest Derby ratings since nineteen ninety one. That's pretty amazing. The Derby has become in this world where all these sporting events are getting splintered and basically nothing except the NFL is as big as it once was. The Derby is bigger than it's ever been.
Speaker 5: And me personally, I paid more attention this year than ever. I watched starting at eight am with Lax eighteen all the way through the Derby race. And you know, I don't know the terminologies of stakes, this stakes that, but some of the earlier races were fun, were awesome. I mean it was just a great day all the way around. The coverage was good.
Speaker 4: Why do you think it is? Like why do you think it is that that this has become because everyone is watching it? I mean not just not just here, but like the ratings, just to give an example, we're like thirty three percent higher than Rory's win at the Masters. It was higher than every NBA Finals game last year. It was the exact same rating. The National Championship of Basketball got the one just a few weeks ago. Like, why do you think that is?
Speaker 5: I don't know the sport's doing well because even the Netflix show which came out, I don't think that did a bump for the Derby. But that's blown up and it's one of the top shows. Horse racing is really in a great place. I don't know what caused it, but a lot of people have eyes on it.
Speaker 4: I think some of it, Shannon is women like watching the pomp and circumstance out there right, like the outfits and the hats, and they've really leaned in on having celebrities there and the weather wasn't even goods.
Speaker 7: It doesn't stop.
Speaker 2: It's still right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's and yet and yet, I mean, I'm happy for it for the state. It really is great for our state. Right everybody knows the Kentucky Derby, you know, they put Kentucky stuff in it, with the myole Kentucky home and the governor gets to present the thing. So I it's awesome for the state, but it is kind of amazing that it has become such a huge thing.
Speaker 6: It's definitely more than a horse race. That's what my experience is. I thought it was gonna be a lot worse because of the rain, you know. I thought it was gonna make people shy away from it. But other than that, like, it's more than a horse race. It's like an event.
Speaker 4: It is, and it's an event where I think it's one of the few sporting events where men and women I think like it equally, even if they like it for different reasons, you know.
Speaker 5: Humble breck here, I had a winning ticket left over from the Oaks, and I had to go to Red Mile and election in to cash a Saturday morning, and I went early thinking I'm gonna get this out of the way. They were parking people down in the grass away from Redman. I mean Red Mile was slammed at like eleven thirty am with people dressed up in there. I don't know if it's normally like that, but I'm sure Keenland was the same way. Mean, people have really got into it.
Speaker 4: I hit the Triffect again, just for sake of art, just for for it has been now six of the last nine years I've hit the Triffect.
Speaker 7: So this is thing.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's just crazy because I'm not a great I mean I'm not. It's not like I'm great at horse racing game. But for some reason, big race mad. There's some reason at the derby that it's just like I It's just I kind of feel it. I get into my group. So I said in my tweet, the three horses I like the most sovereignty, journalism, and Visa or whatever in that order, and that's how they came.
Speaker 7: That is spectacular.
Speaker 4: It is kind of spectacular to picket Shannon one two three, you know, because the I R s might be listened. I'm not gonna tell you what I want, but it's the most I've ever won on a horse race. I mean, the most up until that was when Orb won because that was a Lexington horse and that was the first try. I think I hit. I want a lot, but I think this one was was more, probably because I bet more, but I it was you know, big race mad, big race mad? And yeah people, why do people like now I'll miss one and everybody will go. But if you if you've played my picks over these, you should be way ahead. If you're doing the dirt.
Speaker 5: Where was that energy in the Oaks race? We're finishing last with the horse you own.
Speaker 4: Again, it's it's just Thurby. Yeah, yeah, the problem is you go. I went with my heart not my head in the okay, right, because I was part of it. That's why I remember last week I said, you can't become friends with coaches be friends with the horses. You can't be friends with the horses. You'll start to look at them, pet them, and then you don't have an objective, objective viewer.
Speaker 5: Well that was an impressive hit, especially because you tweeted it long before the race. You had the receipts as the kids said, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I got mad at people Shannon who would after the race were going, wish you'd send it out before I'm like, just because you read it after the race does not mean I didn't send it Shannon before the race. People are so stupid. I have to tell you just collectively, he must have just read it, because I must just reading it because I just read it.
Speaker 2: Stop answering these people, Stop.
Speaker 4: Giving stapid labor, giving them all.
Speaker 2: Your energy, worried about these people.
Speaker 4: You're right, but the problem was our golf slowed down yesterday and I made the mistake of picking up my phone. You're getting I read trump stupid tweet about his tariffs, and I was like, well, I I thought to myself, I gotta say something. I was just dumb. I didn't need to say anything.
Speaker 5: I was trying. We went to a nice dinner. I was trying to enjoy my sea scallops last night. You're ever getting called comedy on the internet. We're just trying to We're trying to enjoy a nice scott.
Speaker 4: People still bring out comedy as amy comedy.
Speaker 7: Do you even know what a comedy is? What's a comedy?
Speaker 4: Do you know? You're sitting on the couch, like, seriously, you don't know what that is?
Speaker 7: Explained to me? What's a comedy?
Speaker 4: Like a communist.
Speaker 7: So it's just short for communists.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you know what a communist is?
Speaker 7: I have an idea, Give me an idea. Uh, communists is like they now, they.
Speaker 5: Don't want to commit to I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't. On the other end of this machine, we need we need a final answer, Mario, communists.
Speaker 6: I should notice I'm a history I have a history degree, so I should right along my lines. But communists, uh, something it has something to do with business.
Speaker 4: They like to they like, what what do they like to do? In control everything or something? Okay, all right, that's okay, government control of the economy basically yeah, so basically Matt, Yeah, so basically me not the guy who's instituted Tariff's business by business to which is not communist. I'm commedy comedy.
Speaker 5: That was his peloton in his room here comedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you got the peloton in your and they put a peloton in my room.
Speaker 2: Have you been on it yet? Have you a little bit?
Speaker 4: What do you say? I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's kind like.
Speaker 2: Thought you might start pedaling.
Speaker 4: You know, you're in a place where everybody's in shape. When they put pelotons in your room, I.
Speaker 5: Thought about taking it for a spin. But it's way too close to your bed. That would be awkward if I'm just in your room marking out right next to where you sleep. Yeah, so there's a Pelton. Yeah, I dabble in Peloton. It is lit up like a Pelton studio. There's yoga mats and waits. I don't know if you request this room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh I did not. This is just what they gave me. Thank you to DraftKings. But so anyway, got that. Then there were a lot of celebrities at the race. Yeah you Livy done, Carmelo, Anthony Carmel, let's do it. Just Livy done for a second? Beautiful? Would we agree? Obviously a good gymnast. Shannon personality of cardboard. Did you see her try? Did you see her try to call the horses up? Yeah? Yeah, she had to look down. I want you to go watch the video. You need to go watch the video. She reads and first of all, she's reading, and then it was clear somebody had told her to look up. So she goes the beautiful city of Louisville and Commonwealth Kentucky welcomes you. And then she looked up and it was like somebody goes line and she looked riders up. She had to look down for the line, riders upwork. Listen, I grant you. She's beautiful. Her boyfriend number one picking the draft right, great baseball player. What do they talk about? They both have the personality of stale cheese.
Speaker 5: I didn't know you were gonna be.
Speaker 4: Coming with someone. Biles went the next day. She was great, She was fine, like she did what you're supposed to do. But Livy Dunn looked like she forgot the two words you're supposed to say is riders up, riders up, riders up, writers up.
Speaker 2: What you're saying is they didn't practice this.
Speaker 4: She must not have because she literally looked down for the line.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Here, I'll tell you what when we come back, you leave?
Speaker 7: You got it right now?
Speaker 2: I get it on my phone. I could play here.
Speaker 1: Let's truck see what trans now for the annual tradition.
Speaker 4: If we have all been looking forward to, well, I was there. There was a long had to look down and go riders up. Anyway. Uh stop, Court Physical Therapy. I'm gonna need it after that golf around yesterday. Court Physical Therapy k RT dot com. If you let's say, played golf for the first time since August after having hurt your wrist and your elbow. You might not feel great. You know who can help you, Court Physical therapy. There's no reason to be in pain. Have them come work out all your the problems and next thing you know, you'll be one hundred percent. Now most insurance is taken. There's seventy locations around the state. Go check them out. Tell them KSR sent you. It is Court Physical Therapy. We'll take a break. Very back, It's KSR. Welcome back at his Kentucky Sports Radio. Great day, great weekend for the UH for the City of Louisville, State of Kentucky. Eight nine, twenty two eighty seven. One person rights, Matt, what is how is it you get your trifecta your triffecta system. I remember you said it years ago, but I've forgotten it. Yeah. I came up with this, like I said, like nine or ten years ago. I took some time one day, I was bored and I looked at a pattern of everybody who'd ever won before, and it was very similar pattern. Very rarely do the top three horses finished one, two, three in the race. I think it's happened like once in the last twenty five years, so, but often in the top three horses are two of the top three. So what I do is I pick the top three horses and I just throw one out. You just have to decide there's one I'm not gonna believe in, and you just have to do it, and then if that horse makes it, well try again next year. Right. So for me this year, when I first looked at it, the top three horses were journalism, sovereignty, and the TikTok horse. And I was like, well, we're getting rid of the TikTok horse. That was not scientific. I just wasn't gonna bet Shannon on the TikTok horse Sandman, so TikTok horse out. Then sovereignty and journalism. I looked at it looked to me like sovereignty was just as good as journalism. Odds were much better for sovereignty. So I'm gonna put that on top of most of my plays. But I put journalism on top of stuff too, and then you have to look forward. Generally, speaking of the middle tier horses, there's about usually six. I pick like three, throw them in and then one long shot, and then those are my six horses that I build everything around. But you have to have three that are primary, your primary ones. And it's usually for me two of the favorites and one of the long shots. And it was the three that came in this year, so like, it's not so much for me. That's the system, and then everyone should use that system then pick your horses. But I think the system is pretty sound. I think if you do that system, you got a good shot. Obviously have to pick the right horses or it won't help. But Drew, I believe in my system it's worked well, and it only seems to work in the derby because there's so many horses in the field. And I was listening to Randy Moss on the broadcast and he made a point that I think is very interesting. He said, since Rich strike one at eighty to one a few years ago, people all want to bet the long shot and hope they get that eighty to one pick. So he said, these long shots are like forty to one, but they should be one hundred to one, and money that should go on horses, like sovereignty is going are going to these long shots. And he was like, there's value in these horses, and he used sovereignty as an example, because people are taking a horse that has no chance and betting it down to where it's thirty five to one, and that money can be won somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Did you only throw out the TikTok horse because you knew it as the TikTok horse was there?
Speaker 4: I didn't look at it one thing about him. The moment I saw that dude at the draw and he was like Griffin, Yeah, he was like, you know, me and my dogs were in the house swaying and like we were like, let's get worse. And she was like oh, And I was like then I was you know.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 3: That's the one horse I did bet on just because of the Metallica.
Speaker 4: Tie in though it wasn't but it's not real Metallica because TikTok guy owns it. So the moment I saw him, I said, he's out. I'm done with it.
Speaker 5: I thought about Shannon because I didn't know the actual uh Hatfield, the Metallica lead singer. Yeah, yeah, he was there and a part of it, so I knew Shannon would.
Speaker 4: Have a little money on that one. The moment Mike Turco got on the air. I knew something was wrong with him.
Speaker 7: Did you hear that?
Speaker 4: When he did the intro, he was like, and I was like, I said that. I said, I know what Mike Rico sounds like. And then he came on and he was just like, we're.
Speaker 5: Getting Scottstone mat today.
Speaker 4: And I said to Tall, I was like, something's wrong with him. And then drew. Thirty minutes later he was off the air. Apparently had a serious reaction to a peanut.
Speaker 5: Peanuts took him down, That's what it was. I didn't see his initial interview. I guess I just heard you hear. But I saw when they came back and they were a quick announcement Mike, he's here, He's okay, but he's he's not gonna be on anymore because of his peanut allergy.
Speaker 8: Was that because if you go listen to the reaction, it was like, it was five, are you okay, man? I said, the moment take pick yeah, I said, the moment he started talking, I said, some's not right with him. And then it turns out somebody slipped a peanut into him.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think I think he ate from our guys front yard on the way to the road. He had one of those belly button tortillas. It wasn't it wasn't a peanut, but one of the biggest broadcasts he can be on. Yeah, peanut makes him down. That's that's gotta stink. You prepare all week and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: He was there.
Speaker 5: Did they just put him in a room.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I knew the moment he started talking something was wrong with that guy. You could just you could just tell something was not right. And then I don't know what the guy's name is, but he had to be happy because he gets the call up like he thinks he's done for the day, right, and they go, hey, man, when they gave him peanuts opportunity, you think so he show here's a smoothie. I like the idea that he just you think he I don't know that guy's name. He's on there a lot. He's a he's a he's got the beard, handsome guy. You think he's he.
Speaker 5: Slipped to recover the tradition that every year slides right, does the Chris Collsworth slide right into the big.
Speaker 4: You want to fit in? Right, We're all taking a toast to the smoothie, this fade, this radio here you go all right. We do need to talk about Travis Perry. He picked his he picked his school, and we need to talk about that. We also, you got the we got the event. Tonight we'll preview our barstool bet Galla with my new jacket, and then Billy, we have a Billy conversation to have Shannon, which Billy doesn't even know we're having.
Speaker 5: We're doing this on the air, off the air last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were moving it on the air. We're gonna do both of them. We're in Scottsdale. Why not. We'll take a break right back. This kis