Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the week trend round Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the top stories you need, the no hit of the week of.
Speaker 1: No June Monday, June fifth, three.
Speaker 2: Anyway, welcome to Welcome to the new era. Yeah, summer to the new upper schedule. Maybe permanent, we'll see. How was your How was your weekend? My weekend was good.
Speaker 1: We we went back to DC. Awesome, old friends. It was how was Joe Biden? Uh? My wife did see Joe Biden. We were walking back. We were walking back on campus where we went to college, and like there was a dude setting up for a local news shot and I was just like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Almost happening? Who's this guy? Was this guy?
Speaker 1: And he was like the President's coming in fifteen minutes to that church to go to like Saturday evening mass. Uh. And we were like, okay, that's that's cool, and said Sarah stuck around to watch. But I asked him like, so what do you what are you hoping to get out of this? He's like, they won't use it unless he falls down, So if you could like shout his name, yeah, I was like yeah, yeah, we'll startle him and yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, you mind taking this bucket of ky jelly and just dumping it all over the steps over there? I think I think we might get him a slip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my wife saw him and said he looked good, spry, strong, strong and steel and completely confused as to where he was.
Speaker 2: How about you, Miles, how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: I saw I went to a movie for the first time since the baby had been born. Her majesty, she's like she's on top of her social game, so she's like, hey, can like I'm gonna go out.
Speaker 2: I'm and go out.
Speaker 3: So I haven't like ever made plans to be like can I go out and then you'll stay at home and I'll try and do something. Uh, And she was very much encouraging me. She's like, you need to go do shit, and I was like, no, this is cool, Like I like being at home and stuff, and I like being with the baby and everything.
Speaker 1: You're starting to look like the old man from the Unforgiven video topical ref for All the Kids nineteen ninety two music video.
Speaker 2: Yeah you remember that video though.
Speaker 1: That shit is like burned in my heart because it's so dark. It'd be like an old guy who like lives in a sewer.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's light. Yeah, I mean not quite there. But yeah, so I went and I went and saw Spider Man opening weekend. First time I've done an opening like Marvel weekend viewing. So we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 1: On, Yeah, we will. It did incredibly well, thanks to you than to me. But yeah, it's it's supposed to be really good. Yeah, be a banger.
Speaker 2: But first, of course, we have to open up with the story on.
Speaker 1: Everyone's mind, and that is our Lord Mark Zuckerberg's new persona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's a bad man. He's a bads.
Speaker 3: He's a bad man, as they say, a role. He's about him a bad man. There's this report in the New York Times over the weekend that was just talking about his whole like bacho man aesthetic and like how he was posting a selfie with a flak jacket. He's like I did the Murf Navy Seal challenge, like one hundred pull ups, run a mile, two hundred sit ups, three hundred squats run a mile, all while wearing a twenty pound flack jacket to like honor the like fallen Navy seal from two thousand and five, and people were like, oh, okay. Then he also participated in his first Brazilian jiu jitsu tournament recently, and this is why we're talking about that, just because I'm just gonna read this one part. This is so, this is what the New York Times had to say, and then it caused a shit storm in.
Speaker 2: The Zuckerberg World appairs.
Speaker 3: So he did his first BJJ turney, and one of his opponents must have overheard Mark Zuckerberg saying that he walked out of Anger Management early because oh my god, that mister Mark got tough guide, Okay, he said. On May six, mister Zuckerberg in his first Brazilian jiu jitsu event in Woodside, California, where he defeated an Uber engineer and won two medals and lost consciousness.
Speaker 1: That's what an.
Speaker 2: Adventure they go on. Jose Lucas Costa de Silva, a veteran Brazilian jiu jitsu fighter who refereed one of Zuckerberg's matches, said that he halted the bout after he heard mister Zuckerberg start to snore, a sign of someone who has passed out in a chokehold. Quote.
Speaker 3: This is something we are trained to know, said mister Costa di Silva, who added that mister Zuckerberg was a good sport who is quote enjoying the moment.
Speaker 2: So he said, yeah, man, yeah, he got it. Happens. It happens. Sometimes you don't tap and then you can put to sleep.
Speaker 1: Well guess what he like did that and then took it in stride and was just like, yeah, I to him human. I'm not doing this to make it seem like I'm not human or like better than anyone.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh yeah, I got choked out like anybody else would.
Speaker 3: I'm not Liodo Macheetah. I'm not hoist Gracie, you know what I mean, Like, what do you want me to do? I'm Mark's Oh wait no, this is just the following paragraph. I think there was edited in this New York Times, he said.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: After this article was published Friday afternoon, both mister Zuckerberg and his coach, mister Cammio reached out and said that the Meta boss had not lost consciousness. Quote that never happened, mister Zuckerberg wrote in an email. According to mister Camill, mister Costa da Silva, who was the ref quote, mistook his student's effort for grunting for snores.
Speaker 1: Uh huh sure, Jan, Yeah, I was just taking a little that on purpose to get my power ready to flip on this dude. And they just didn't didn't know my strategy, and that's my fault. I should have more clearly communicated my strategy.
Speaker 3: Your shit's all chucked, like yeah, like some breaths might sound gurgly snoring, But I bet if you go a limp and you're snoring. I have a feeling that the ref who has been doing jiu jitsu for more than you probably knew.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, he's out, he tapped out.
Speaker 3: The thing is it goes on because other like Meta people went out to other news outlets like The Daily Beast and also said quote, at no point during the competition was Mark knocked unconscious. That never happened. Elena Widman, a spokesperson for Meta, told The Daily Beast, you you got the the company's spokespeople.
Speaker 2: Involved like that. You know what's even better? Then they go like this is what was doing over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh, then they go full like Stalin pollt Bureau kind of shit, where they said Widman, who's the spokesperson, said quote.
Speaker 2: A fellow Meta employee.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, witness the match firsthand, and that the referee in question quote apologized to Mark and his coach after the match for prematurely calling the match. Wow, okay, you think you would have heard something like that. But I like how they go. According to one of the people who depends on mister Zuckerberg for their financial survivability, yeah, they said they saw the refs say that was on me.
Speaker 2: I'm bad. I'm on DRU and I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have a press conference where he's like, I apologize to my family. I need to go into rehab now because I've made some big mistakes in my life. There's something about narcissism that doesn't allow you to acknowledge.
Speaker 2: That you've been choked out. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: There's also the famous Steven Sagal choke out that he claims never happened, but legendarily he was choked out by somebody who was, you know, good at martial arts and he shit himself and he claims that didn't happen, which I understand that getting choked out and shitting yourself is It's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one. I can see, Yeah, that jiu jitsu referee.
Speaker 3: He remember when that Yankees coach Don Zimmer attacked Pedro Martinez in that bench clearing brawl and like and then Pedro like just lightly guided him to the ground and he's like, you're so like, don't fucking come at me, Bro, I'm a picture and you're an old man. And then remember his apology press conference that was like I'm sorry openly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like maybe that's where we're going to see the jiu jitsu referee happening.
Speaker 2: But don't worry, Mark, I get it. You never tapped. It's all good.
Speaker 1: There's also something about uh, like I always noticed this and in boxing when somebody's like out on their feet, completely knocked out, like everybody's like, oh my god, please save this person's legs. Yeah, the referee intervenes and the person's immediately like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I was fine?
Speaker 3: No, bro, you only you only had that because the bell went and you realize you're safe now.
Speaker 1: There's also like I wasn't asleep, which happens to me sometimes or my wife's like are you are you a sleep?
Speaker 2: No? I wasn't asleep. Where you don't think you were asleep, but you actually were asleep. Oh fully. Yeah. I was caught doing that the other day watching TV and.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I do, the aura ring, and like to track my sleep. And that is one thing that I learned is like I'm like, oh man, I was up all night. I got like two hours of sleep, and then I like look at the sleep record and it's like he slept for seven hours last night.
Speaker 2: Well what are you talking about? Wait, so it just doesn't feel RESTful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just doesn't feel RESTful. Wow, you think you're getting less sleep than you actually are. Yeah, it sounds like Mark Zuckerberg thought he got less sleep than he actually did.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's got tournament, there's.
Speaker 3: Gotta be someone with video, right, Like if I'm at a Brazilian jiu jitsu tournament and he's like he the gym that fucking Zuckerberg like fights out, it's called a Gorilla jiu jitsu team, Like yeah, yeah, but like g u e uh And I'm like this is all bad. But I feel like you would just take video because you're like, if this guy gets tapped, this is like this is money right here, this is TMZ right here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you don't think they like meta confiscated all phones the second anybody, Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Try like when Nike got rid of all those pictures of like A Rod's sort of like uh, the steroid chest when he was getting like flabby pack muscles, and then like like all of those pictures were just scrubbed clean from the internet because of Nike.
Speaker 2: A Rod is the most powerful person in media.
Speaker 1: Because there was also a picture of him going to the bathroom that somebody took through a widow that immediately got scrubbed. He's yeah, so you disappear you.
Speaker 3: Where is this a bruder film of you? Catchen Zase, sir, I want to see it all right.
Speaker 1: There's a cool story in the New York Times about Brownsville. So this is a trend that we were kind of asking for during you know, the George Floyd protests, you know, looking at communities that had put together programs where nine to one one calls would be routed to non police services, and you know, Denver was trying it out, and the New York Times did a pretty cool profile of like a program in Brownsville that was you know, it's basically like a community, a group of civilians with no arrest power, but just who are regular people who other people in the community know and respect, just step in five days every couple months. They basically take over for the police, and the police channel all nine to one one calls from that area two civilians and unless there's a major incident, you know, they just step in. And they've had incredible success. The first half of twenty twenty three, homicides fell fifty percent, shooting s felled twenty five percent. Wround larcenies of automobiles also fell, even as it rose in other neighborhoods. And it's you know, the police are cooperating, like coordinating with them.
Speaker 3: They're but it sounds like so they shadow them in case like things arrived to a level that bactual like.
Speaker 2: Armed law enforcement would need to be there.
Speaker 3: So they're but the first line of defense is that members of the community are like intervening.
Speaker 2: First of this, like talk people, to talk to people, yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, to talk to people or like I remember that, like there was a story that we talked about in Eugene, Oregon. Actually like had this for a long time, like starting in the early eighties, like a program of civilians and like it was just you know, somebody who was drunk and needed to like get out of their house because they were in a fight with their significant other, like they couldn't drive anywhere, and so these people were just like, oh, you need a ride and just gave them a ride, and it like completely like you know, helped solve the situation in a way that like if police show up with guns drawn, would have like done the opposite. And there was another story here where like somebody dropped off somebody with paranoid schizophrenia and who was like really drunk, and they just like kind of sat with them for a couple hours and like got them into a shelter.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's just like it's worth reading.
Speaker 1: We'll link off to it in the footnotes because yeah, it's just like all these kind of common sense things that would be calls to the police in other situations, like fights outside of a bodegg or something that like you know, instead some people just come through and are like acting like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they figure it out. I mean it's like they tell.
Speaker 3: Your mom kept a man from robbing a bodega people were turning into illegal guns. They stopped a pregnant woman from hitting a boyfriend who had not bought a car seat and a stroller as he had promised. That is so specific, I know, but I'm like kind of like, damn, bro, you gotta listen, man, when don't don't say you're gonna get that ship and not get that ship. The stakes are high. You need the car seat.
Speaker 2: Fam Yeah, the New York Times articles like, I mean, he kind of deserved it, but.
Speaker 3: We're gonna like, yikes, I mean, what how can he possibly defend himself to that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, as he had promised.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it feels like the next one would be like and another couple who was beginning to have a violent argument after one partner was leaving dishes in the sink to soak overnight.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Again, these are the kinds of things were intervening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They also offer services like free childcare, addiction recovery like that. So it's like there's a first line of people who are like there to kind of, you know, help with conflict resolution, and then there's a second line of people who have experience helping people with all sorts of problems that typically arise right in the lives of people. So usually just get funneled to the police.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's so it's it's it's just wild to think, right, like in any neighborhood, like any person could imagine, like in my community, we have people with all of these skills, you know, like exactly that you if it is just about investing your attention to your community, like I've played peacemaker plenty of times, Like I I feel like I have a I have a knack for talking to the youth. Uh, and it's like getting on their level, turn my hat hat, you know what I mean exactly and be like, hey, fella, let's talk for a second.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like you see, how like again, rather.
Speaker 3: Than just transferring all of these calls to people who don't have any patience or any skills and just have weapons, that yeah, it makes perfect sense that you would see all of these sort of rates of these incidents start to fall so quickly, and it just makes me feel like damn man, like we really just only gives more credence to the fact that, like your own community is the best way to take care of your own community.
Speaker 1: Yeather, than they're fun, it's not like all volunteer, they're they're funding it, right A little like a little bit, you know, not not the way that it should be.
Speaker 3: But yeah, not in the billions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Right, but like I think they give it two point three million dollars over a couple of years to like bring all these different organizations together and coordinate it with police response. But yeah, I mean it's like it builds community, It creates jobs that actually make people's lives better, which is like so rare.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It just feels like such a such a no brainer that politicians would run on if if they were smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's also that wild thing where like you know, like a city loves to save money, right, and you'd imagine, like this is probably so much cheaper than like just a fully blown out militarized police force. But then you're like caught in this rock and a hard place of like but I like spending less money because capitalism, but also the military industrial complex that is now the police.
Speaker 2: Do I turn that? Sing it off? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well I have a feeling that I don't know, I hope that more programs like this take hold one, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Put money back in into the community instead of into like defense contractors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is so wild when like you're talking like the how are they like solving crime tore like, I don't know, offering people fucking childcare?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 3: That actually helps a lot addiction recovery, you know, like essentially, like, yeah, we have a table with social safety's and that's how we keep everyone safe. Okay, let's extrapolate that to the bigger picture. Please, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back with some more top stories of the weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh and we're back.
Speaker 1: And uh we mentioned this a couple of weeks back that Apple was rumored to be preparing to drop a new reality on all of our asses. They've been working on a headset, a VR headset for seven years. It looks like ski goggles that are like opaque basically.
Speaker 2: You know what it looks like.
Speaker 3: It looks like from Fifth Element, the makeup visor that Leelu puts on her face to put like all her makeup on.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember it.
Speaker 3: There was just like this don't advisor like because it's all futuristic, and just like put it to her face and then like removed.
Speaker 2: It had a full face and makeup, full face of makeup. But it looks very similar to that. I know that's probably too.
Speaker 3: Specific of a reference. Plus, fuck Luke Bassan, go on it.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be if I had seen that movie, or I think I saw it and didn't remember.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about it a lot because recently but the can Film Festival people talking about like Johnny Depp's new movie and like how he was like it's like made by this woman like Merwin, who was Luke Passan's like child Bride was also the blue singer in Fifilm. Anyway, That's why I had that all in my mind right now.
Speaker 1: She was in the Professional which was about like you know, it was like very serious pedophile overtones and yeah, like specifics uh and then he like had a child bride actress from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he left her for Mi La Joviovic.
Speaker 2: Cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all that to say is this heads but is it actually coming out today? Because I read that something like it's possible that the drops today, but it's also possible to get their shook and they're like they might wait later. But it seems like it seems like all the momentum sounds like today.
Speaker 1: Is the day we should acknowledge that everything we've set up to this point is Paige Content from Apple was like, all right, could you bring up this uh you know headset and also connect.
Speaker 2: It somehow to Luke Bassana is they did ask for that sort history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I mean the headset is expected to cost three thousand dollars, which like the other most expensive one on the market is one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: From who from who from a quest pro Yeah, from but the unchoke outable Mark Zuckerberg's met right, just want to just want to reiterate that he cannot be choked up.
Speaker 1: I actually like my yeah, we're we're looking at the same article, and my brain just like doesn't like it just goes past meta as a word with like again yeah right, go into my brain. It's turned off off that word because I find it so boring. But yeah, that's that one's for meta. It seems people are very hopeful that this will like spur developers to create like some killer apps that will make this make sense. But as of right now, like it feels like most people are out on the metaverse right, like the VYR stuff has just been for gaming.
Speaker 3: I mean I think that they say that there could be cool augmented reality gaming stuff. It seems like it's a lot of augmented reality. Again, I'm like, this is from what I've been reading. I agree with every take I've seen from like tech journalists who are like, this is like, this is so not like an Apple thing. You know, there's nothing about it that's revolutionary. It's it's not like creating. It's not addressing like this massive need that we didn't realize it was going to fill, especially with like a three thousand dollars price.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get that.
Speaker 3: I don't doubt that it's gonna be fucking cool, you know what I mean, Sure it would be fun or whatever, like, but like to the point where I'm like, yeah, I need to spend three thousand dollars to have that. I mean, unless you have that kind of disposable income. Like I'm pretty sure most people are gonna fucking pass on it.
Speaker 2: So okay, Like hey, one of the I think when we first talked about it, we were looking.
Speaker 1: At like this heads up display, this hypothetical heads up display that was like basically Google Maps but in your vision, which seems like it assumes the future where people are walking around with these opaque visors on like down the street. It replaces that, so it's not it has like some of the stuff of like Google Glass, but instead of being see through, it like replaces that with cameras. Yeah, maybe like eyes like that could be cool. You could like zoom on, shit.
Speaker 3: You've got little cameras. I'm not you're asking I know you didn't quite literally ask this, but you're asking what is an overlay app that you could get on board with?
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking trying to think of like what like recognition is the one that would help me the most, but that violates people's privacy.
Speaker 3: Pretty every idea I have is an absolute violation of privacy because the only thing I'm it's like I want to indulge the fact that I'm not a superhuman, which is like I want to be able to read someone's mind. I'm like, oh, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Where are you from? How old are you?
Speaker 3: Like, like I want to see a tidy four line summation of a person so I can just jump to conclusions very quickly and keep moving with my day. But yeah, I don't know. I think it would be something like where, like where is this person from? What's their name? Because sometimes I like walking around LA and be like, oh, you're not from LA. Where are you from the Midwest? Where are you from the East Coast? And it's funny when you see people like like in LA, people like meet each other and ask each other like you have like such an East Coast vibe.
Speaker 2: Like it's something to hear so much in LA. I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: Getting smoking cigarettes and giving everyone the finger that exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like East Coast vibe to you.
Speaker 1: Were Anyways, We'll see, you know, maybe maybe Apple has come up with or will come up with some you know, apps that will make this way cooler than it seems.
Speaker 2: At this moment. It's just like the things that.
Speaker 1: They've created in the past have generally been Like when they dropped the iPhone, it was like obvious what was cool about it? Like you didn't know buttons, right, yeah, that was the cool thing, the.
Speaker 2: Thing that you just touched, the fucking glass part. Yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: And even like an Apple watch, you understood, like fucking the iPad, even though the beginning I remember I was like, man, this is a big ass iPhone. Fuck that to me, like holding my iPad like at night as I go to sleep. Yeah, but I just don't think with this I think thet Yeah, it's just the cost and what it promises to do just doesn't feel life changing at least for like in my day to day life. Uh, because it's not like it's like it doesn't seem like you could safely like ride a bike with those ships on.
Speaker 2: Maybe that yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like that would maybe be illegal, Like if I saw somebody driving, I would be I mean, like, I guess they're called path through cameras.
Speaker 2: They're like that.
Speaker 1: They're probably like work really well, like work.
Speaker 2: Better than the human eye. But I don't know. It still worries me.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, I think I but you know, we're going to see some assholes, Like I can't wait for that string of like viral images of people getting caught like wearing those things in the weirdest places, because you know there's like Apple fan people who are who are you know, they're going to be lining up and they're gonna be like, yeah, I do my I drive a school bus with these on.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk some shitty TikTok trends. Oh, we got tattooing, so this one, I think we can just tell people you don't You don't even have to click yeah, yeah, you don't have to like watch the video. You can just move on when you see this one. Here's it seems like they're about to tattoo a toddler, Like, yeah, here's the baby child.
Speaker 3: Here's the first line from an article on insight. It's's quote. Videos of toddlers receiving fake tattoos have gone mega viral in recent months, sparking concern from TikTok viewers who seemed convinced the ink was real and like, yeah, there's like a bunch of videos where you like it's like a tattoo gun. You hear it going off, they touch it to like a little kid's skin, and then like like you clearly see like a happy face being drawn on, and then like eighty percent of the way through the video, like a text card comes up. It's like, before you freak out, it's clear it's a marker and not a needle and it's not an actual tattoo. I just wanted you to believe it up to this point so I would get enough outrage views. And there's other ones of like other little kids like going to like a tattoo shop and like picking out a tattoo and like getting their skin all prepared and all this other shit. It's it's just so fucking wild because it's just a bummer to watch because it's all just they're doing it for outrage views, right, and like but all you're doing is like faux child abuse, so that's what you're like. It's like being like it's like be like POV, you're starving your child for the third straight week because he dropped your PS five controller, and then you're like.
Speaker 2: Before you start thinking this is real, it's not.
Speaker 3: I'm joking that I'm starving my child because because they broke up PlayStation five control.
Speaker 2: It's a joke. A movie that's the whole world is just scams. Now. It's just like we don't we don't mind anymore.
Speaker 1: Like there that did you see that like trump Bucks thing where they were like that, yeah, they so good, but like they open every video being like this is trump Bucks is not legal tender, but then of course just go on to say that it's legal tender.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: When we talked about that story, both Jack Keaes and Daniel thought, did you see the clip from when he was when Trump was supposedly on Fox News talking about trump Bucks and it was just a bad impersonator.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see it. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That was like and with these dude TRB trump Bucks, you will be rich. And I'm like, this is such a bad impersonation. And afterwards they're both like, wait, so he did that on Fox.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, no, yoah, that's the worst impression I've ever heard. Don't buy these yere fired? Yeah, what is he said?
Speaker 1: He said your maut Daniel was like, we should, we should buy those, That's what he said.
Speaker 3: For ninety nine dollars, we can get ten thousand dollars worth of trump Bucks. Yeah, that's like a that's one hundred x deal.
Speaker 1: But anyways, where we we've openly like the scam is in the the idea of scamming is just in the bloodstream.
Speaker 2: We don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: We're just like, ah, they really got my ass with this right waste of my eighty seconds watching someone draw a happy face with the marker on their kids.
Speaker 2: You got me, you got me.
Speaker 3: I watched way too long of a video of someone tattooing a toddler.
Speaker 2: Where am I engine goes.
Speaker 1: It's also unclear if the toddler knew it was not going to be real because the toddler's like, is.
Speaker 2: It gonna hurt, It's gonna hurt, right, No, yeah, it's gonna hurt. It's gonna be fine. Just don't worry about it. Don't worry about it. Jack. You know what TikTok slang?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk TikTok slang, which I knew some of this. I knew the there's some of this that is.
Speaker 2: Not TikTok slane.
Speaker 1: No, just like long term acronyms that people have been using for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's this list on what how do you say dexter toe? Yeah, dot com saying TikTok slang explain Bohmer's buckle up. But like the it's I don't know what generation this list is intended for, because there's clearly things that I'm like have existed since I was a young since I were a young person. Uh, And then like other explanations that are a little bit more like, yeah, I would say esoteric that if you're not on, if you're not fully take talk brained, you might not know. But like, yeah, I don't know. I was just like when it said, what does CEO mean? And it's like, so it's like TikTok's slaying explained. The first one is POV, which its around, but that's I get for that. That's a form, that's a format.
Speaker 2: Or style of TikTok videos. The POV one.
Speaker 1: The description doesn't explain that, like POV does not actually mean what POV means in film, Like a POV shot in film is like you are seeing from Jason Voorhees's perspective as walks up, whereas POV is like POV, you're doing something like it just seems like.
Speaker 2: It's not whose perspective is it.
Speaker 3: I remember when I first saw them, I was like, but this isn't from the POV of the person you just labeled. This looks like it's a third party watching this, right. I was like, Yeah, that's where my old man brain was like, man, the same POV. And then after a while I'm like, Okay, we're using it loosely, like how we don't know how.
Speaker 1: To say nonplused exactly. Yeah, we're just is it close enough? They also have CEO, which I was like, oh, they have a new meaning of ceo.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the definition CEO is a term that has of course of course, predated TikTok, meaning chief executive officer, but thanks to social media, the term has taken on new meaning. To be the CEO of something means that you are the best at the thing in question, and it is generally meant as a compliment.
Speaker 2: Where do you the CEO of? Would you say if you're giving yourself like a rap shit? You know? Ship? Okay? Yeah? Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm a CEO of falling asleep in a dark room.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that might go down. What I'm up? I'm up? What do you what? What? I'm awake? I'm away. I was man, I'm sorry. I was to see Spider Man.
Speaker 3: The second Nicole Kidman showed up on screen. I started going away to La La Land, just Twinkle Twinkle Land.
Speaker 1: So you you just liked, like the couple of minutes that you were conscious for well of the of the Spider Man.
Speaker 3: It was. I mean, I might as well talk about it. It was so I will say this pro tip. The way to not fall asleep in a movie is make sure you go to a movie where the main character has your name. Also, that's right because the amount of miles and I'm like, what it's like there are times I'm like fucking starting to doze off and i just hear that name over and I'm like, okay, I'm here here. All that to say, like the first two minutes, I was a little I was kind of I don't know why, sudden, like the movies starting and I'm like, what the fuck is happening to me, just because I'm sitting still in a dark room. And then dude, it's so fucking good. The animation is somehow, I think, better than the first.
Speaker 2: One, which was really cool, which is.
Speaker 3: Breath taking, but this is like the way they're like actually modeling things in three D, so like there are these camera moves within like an animated backdrop like give this really great cinematic quality to it, along with just like the sort of the comic book art that they're sort of smashing together. Because because it's like this multiverse thing, you have some characters that are like sort of drawn in other styles, like you know, Spider Punk, who's now my favorite new favorite character.
Speaker 2: Uh, not just because he's.
Speaker 3: Like a fash bashing anti capitalist like punk rock versa, but also voiced by the legend Daniel Kluia.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And you know, obviously Ardent Arsenal supporter. But yeah, I just gotta say it's I'm so like, I don't I was. I keep telling you this on like when we talk about like editorial stuff, like I gotta go to the movies, like I have to go.
Speaker 2: It's fun. I love going to the movies.
Speaker 1: I mean it, I'm always rooting for movies to do well, even if they're you know, like Air. I didn't love it, but I'm so happy it did pretty well when it came out.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, yeah, you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: Uh, there were so many it's fun actually seeing you know, like people know I'm notoriously ignorant of the MCU.
Speaker 2: So like when shit happens, I'm huh huh.
Speaker 3: Luckily with like these animated Spider Man ones, like I know, I know enough about Spider Man just in general to like keep up with these. But every now and then there's like a reference to the MCU or like the crowd erupts, and I'm like part of me was like, what the fuck are y'all going on about? And then I'm like, right, that's the magic of like being engaged or something, is like you get these little tidbits and everyone gets so excited. People were getting emotional at times.
Speaker 2: I didn't know why, but.
Speaker 3: It was it could just because I'm completely disconnected from my emotions.
Speaker 2: That could be it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, fantastic, fantastic, highly recommend.
Speaker 1: Does Spider Pig make a return, yeah, John mullenia man, but not like for.
Speaker 3: That, like, yeah, you don't get a ton of Spider Pig equips, but it's dope the amount of like other spiders people's spiders merg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they pluralize it as spiders men? No they don't that they don't.
Speaker 3: Well I wish they did, Yeah, I really wish they did, but no, there's no spiders. Man. Asa Ray's fantastic and it's just like, yeah, just great viewing.
Speaker 2: And if you don't know anything.
Speaker 3: About the MCU, it is fine because you could watch it and you know exactly how you know, you know what's going on.
Speaker 2: All right, Well you have your recommendation, which well we'll always have a recommendation for you on this weekend. Rewind rewind Oh.
Speaker 3: Also this Korean Netflix show Siren, This fucking reality show is so wild. It's like the most high stakes game of capture the Flag I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: It's like groups of like different these women that have like they're like firefighters or bodyguards or like policemen or like stunt people or whatever, and they it's it's it's it's fucking wild. Anyone who's played like high like capture, like liked playing Capture the Flag. There's no way you could watch this and like it won't that it won't resonate you if you watch resonate with you if you watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, any anything else from the TikTok slang list that was helpful to you that you had.
Speaker 2: Seen and didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Accountant so at the time, because like a lot of these were like they start off being like, yeah, we know what a fucking CEO is, and then there's like accountant, which is the first I was like, okay, this said. The term account blew up after US Rocky Petera uploaded video which he explained via a catchy song, why he prefers to tell people he's an accountant rather than saying he's a quote struggling actor. And basically it's just sort of like a you know, it's just a stand in for when you don't really want to explain your job to say, like I'm an accountant. But but particularly now for people who make like adult content or if you're like a sex work or something, you can it's like short talent shorthand saying you're an accountant.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, there we go. I was like, I didn't. I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: See I would have like you wait, all y'all are accountants, Like it's how I.
Speaker 2: Think I would have been.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, so you're all CPAs great.
Speaker 2: Do y'all do taxes too? Because I could? I could do smell And.
Speaker 3: Then a lot of it's just like aa ve right where it's just like yeah, we know, like like sma's are like like I don't, like I don't know, like other things like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize seen it as io N.
Speaker 1: To know io N was like, you know, I don't care about that. I thought it was ion like twin ion engines.
Speaker 2: From the Wars.
Speaker 3: There is there is N These means I don't. But that's what's funny when you see those like things broken down into like standard English, I own, I don't.
Speaker 1: And we've heard we've talked about the RIZ the meaning someone with yeah charisma but focus unspoken riz. Unspoken rizz refers to someone's ability to attract people without speaking to them. I got, yeah, yeah, we both have got to a crazy degree. Mostly it is helpful to see it acknowledged and people know why people are describing us that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's mostly because we we draw them in out of concern. They're concerned us them in And I'm like that Riz, They're like, no, we're oh, okay, so you're fine, Like, yeah, did you know, yeah, you fell right into my track, worried about my safety me, Riz Khalifa, There you go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take one more break, we'll come back.
Speaker 1: We'll a couple last trends and we'll be out here, and we're back. And people are saying Trump might get indicted, might just get caught in a rico potentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not think those words are going to be uttered. But it says there there's things that the Georgia Trump rope signs might be pointing to racketeering charges.
Speaker 1: Then they specifically think the Jack Smith investigation is you know, coming to some sort of conclusion, uh, some sort of a charging decision I may be imminent. So yeah, we you know, we don't know we don't keep an eye on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be like, yeah, yeah, wake me up when it's actually when it happens, Like I want to see you know what I want to see. I want to see Trump who can't do his hair and has to go to court a court appearance.
Speaker 2: Is it ever get that? That is the That is the dream.
Speaker 3: Bastly, that's the fucking heron you go straight into my veins, would be like, uh yeah, fucking prisoner Trump being like.
Speaker 2: That'd be a messy comb over. Man, you ain't got hair products. Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 3: The other thing is too We mentioned it off handily on like on Fridays now that there's like fucking tapes of him saying that he had stolen documents and like he knows that they're like he shouldn't have them and he knows he shouldn't be sharing them with people.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that accelerated things where his lawyers went to the DOJ today like hey, hey, so like.
Speaker 2: This is what do you think? What are you thinking? Day now?
Speaker 1: So it'll be interesting to see how reality bends its way to letting him get away with absolutely no consequences, right, but exactly we don't know. So there's also speaking of Trump being able to get away with everything. Chris Licked, who is the chairman CEO of CNN Worldwide. He's the guy who came in and was like, CNN's two woke, we need to like take it back, make it more like Fox News. He organized the Trump town hall where it was just like Trump Stand Up Special.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: So he had also So another good news, good decision this guy made in the past couple in the past year was that he had given the Atlantics Tim Alberta just unprecedented months long access to him, just around the clock for everything, like talk everybody, talk to him, tell them the truth.
Speaker 2: We're good here. And he just dropped a pro file that everyone's like, this might be it for this guy. I love that.
Speaker 3: Fucking the fucking hubris of these Oh yeah, man, man document everything, document everything. It's pretty sick how I live my life and like what it just all bunch like and everyone that works from hates him.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: So here are some of the revelations backstage in New Hampshire last month, he told SO. This was before the Trump Stand Up Special. He told former President Trump have fun, which Alberta is like Trump obliged. He knew in advanced the audience was what he called extra trumpy, and everybody at CNN was like, are you.
Speaker 2: Fucking kidding me with this guy? Like what is he doing?
Speaker 1: He's trying, but I mean, we learned that he was trying to make news, So he's trying to do something outrageous, which is your job as the head of a supposedly trusted news brand. People at CNN think he's projecting this persona of bulletproof badass because that's what zaslav our boy for whom a fleabag sex scene was too much wants to see. But like it's just he's losing employees, like constantly, bad judgment on big moves. Seems like he's like all his firings and big decisions have not gone well. But I like, just like these little personal details. At a holiday dinner for his DC based talent at Cafe Milano, Lick spent much of the dinner looking at his phone, including reading a critical story about him and Puck. So he's just like reading people criticizing him and just like being frownie face. And then he's obsessed with Jeff Zucker who had his job before him.
Speaker 2: So oh no, this paragraph is great.
Speaker 1: Lick, who went from two hundred and twenty six pounds to one hundred and seventy eight via a celebrity train, told Alberta why he was skipping a meal.
Speaker 2: I'm a fucking machine. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Working out at his Manhattan gym, Licked squatted down to grab a long metal pole lying flat on the ground. Zucker couldn't do this, shit, Licked said, the welenched teeth, hoisting.
Speaker 2: The pole with a grunt.
Speaker 1: And he's just lifting the pole like without the weights on it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just mean the fucking like the bart of like bench and shit, I'm like that's what I'm assuming, Like the forty five pound bar that you put the like the fucking plates. Oh I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I mean maybe maybe he's a bit guy. Maybe these are just bits that I.
Speaker 3: Continuing, like the Tom woms Gam story, like that seems like such like the dumbest feet of strength. But then like evoking your like nemesis to be like, man, he can't do.
Speaker 2: This normal thing. You're like and they took us zip from his sports beverage. Did they say that like that that's what he doesn't think. Come on, gatora gatorade. I can just see him bring a gatorade so desperately.
Speaker 3: Right after that too, Yeah, well then I feel like I got to read this and.
Speaker 1: Then finally, uh, let's talk. So NASA had a panel where they were basically just like, yeah, there's UFOs, there's there are strange metallic orbs all over the planet that we can't explain. Basically the upshot and so what I mean, we'll talk more about. Our expert interview is with an academic av lobe who is interested in, uh, you know, the search for extraterrest real life. Uh so, I mean this, this feels like a big moment for acknowledging that there are these things that we can't explain. The panel was just basically, you know, they shared some pictures of like like there was a military drone that captured a picture of a metallic orb, and they were like, this is not uncommon. We see these all over the time. The quote this is a quote. We see these all over the world, and we see these making very interesting apparent maneuvers. And then they've noted eight hundred similar cases of metallic orbs, which is.
Speaker 3: Weird, right, I mean it sounds like because like right, this panel sort of put together because NASA famously does not talk about anything to do with extraterrestrial intelligence or UFOs or UAPs or anything like that. Like they're like, we're interested in things outside of like our immediate planet. And so this was kind of like a big moment because this was what wasn't this group basically impaneled to help like NASA determine how they want to assist with like this research.
Speaker 2: Essentially that like.
Speaker 3: Now they're being like, now, we figured that this is probably worth studying, and we're going to come back with like how the best way to engage with this kind of research is going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think like it is important to do this even if they're not extraterrestrial, just so that we can like kind of clear that because there is a lot of interest in it. And you know that they have looked at a bunch of these anomalous you know, aerial phenomenon and been able to explain them away, so like they have better tools now to capture this stuff than they've ever had before, which I think is where a lot of this is coming from. And now we just have to, you know, clear out the ones that are like that. So this was actually very interesting to me. There's they talked about what one astronaut talked about. He was on a mission in an F fourteen Tomcat supersonic jet. The flight officer in the back seat thought he saw a UFO flying past it. They looped around for another look, and it turns out it was Bart Simpson, a balloon. So like, the air is just full of fucking balloons that you you know, you look fucking weird and like don't seem to be there. And he specifically said this environment we operate in is so conducive to optical illusions. And then he showed other videos of unusual objects that had ordinary explanations. Three different airplants mistaken for one glowing troika, or once again, more weather balloons. So you know, I think they're trying to be very balanced to just be like, look, we want to figure out what these orbs are that like we can't explain.
Speaker 2: Like that that.
Speaker 1: Is a like being like the there are orbs hovering over the Earth and they are maneuvering in ways that we can't explain. Is it feels like a pretty big statement, but I think they also wanted to put it in the context like maybe it's an optical illusion.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: So we will be talking a little bit more about that sort of thing on tomorrow's full app which is going to be expert Interview, and we are going to be hearing from a listener, a couple of listeners about their jobs.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's going to be a fun one.
Speaker 1: Thanks for thanks for listening to this one. Yeah, this first, this first episode of the new format, We're going to try a couple of different things out.
Speaker 2: Could be anything.
Speaker 3: Folks, got a buck never knows, we might be selling trump Bucks pretty soon. But yeah, in the meantime, Yeah, it's you know, thank you for coming on this journey as we as we break the form for the first time in almost six years or five years or yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: Episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so all right back tomorrow with a whole last episode. Kill them, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight bite h