Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the program. It's our one on this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. Minister of Humor Fritzie Dylan is in Seaton's chair. Dylan is on Uh, well, he's on a high alert here running the pole question. Just want to make sure you live up to those expectations. Reviews were mixed yesterday on your performance, but every day it's a super Bowl, so I expect you to play at a really high level today, as high as possible. Thank you. Well, maybe I shouldn't use the word high with you, my bet, but we're glad to have you in the seat Seatan will check in. Seaton is on his way to Winchester, Virginia. He'll be stopping at the Maco location in a couple hours from now, and he'll give us an updates on the road with the French Kid headed to New Orleans. Got Marvin here, PAULI the backroom guys ready to go. Nick Wright will join us coming up here about fifteen minutes from now. Are the Chiefs if they win, the greatest team of all time? Nick Wright says, so he'll join us coming up a little bit. Julian Edelman, Fox Sports, former Patriot. Great, he'll join us as well. Got a poll question, Play the day, stat of the Day, all of that coming up. Say good morning if you're watching on Peacock, Thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. Operator Tyler sitting by each seven to seven three DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. All right, so we'll talk to Nick about Kansas City. How great they are Dynasty and I do think they took the blueprint from what the Patriots did, but they've done it in a truncated version. So it took you know, New England, you had three and then there was a long drought and then they came back again. Kansas City's done it in a concentrated amount of time, which makes it far more impressive. This first hour brought to you by MAKO. Back on the Road, go to Danpatrick dot com and you can follow Seaton's road to the super Bowl. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At MAKO, we bring your car back to life. Affordable paint joms like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, Better Get Mako. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Cowboys introduced their new head coach, Jerry Jones certainly felt like that. It felt like it was Jerry Jones being introduced as the head coach instead of Brian Schottenheimer Shoddy as they like to call him. The Raiders introduced Beete Carroll, the Jags introduced Liam Cohen, and the Jets said hello to Aaron Glenn. We'll look at all four of these situations. I look at the quarterbacking situations with all for these coaches, because let's start with Aaron Glenn. He's not sure if Aaron Rodgers is going to be his quarterback. Eddie's kind of open discussions talking to Aaron. But I mean next week, maybe you make a decision. Come you know, you got to get a decision here soon. But what's your backup option there? For the Jets and Aaron Glenn. Liam Cohen goes from Baker Mayfield junior third to taking over the Jags, and Trevor Lawrence would appear to be in a pretty good position to maybe revitalize him just like he did with Baker Mayfield, the Raiders with Pete Carroll. Feels like Sam Darnold is on the front burner here. Got to get your quarterback now. As I said when Pete was inter when it was announced that he got the job, I said, what about Russell Wilson here? Because if I'm the Steelers, I'm looking at Justin Fields moving forward, not Russell Wilson. But I have no idea what Mike Tomlin and Arthur Smith they're planning on. It would help if you got a couple of weapons, no matter who the quarterback's going to be. But I might see us available for reuniting with Pete Carroll. Cowboy situation, Brian Schottenheimer, who didn't call the plays last year but is going to call the plays now as the head coach, and he's stuck with Dak Prescott in that contract. That's two hundred and thirty one million dollars for a thirty two year old quarterback who is injury prone. So he's a good quarterback. Dak is probably the best option of all of these quarterbacks. You know, maybe we see Trevor Lawrence live up to what I think everybody thought he was going to. Certainly that contract as well. But I'm looking at those situations trying to figure out who's going into a good situation. Brian Schottenheimer, I think we know the situation he's going into. Aaron Glenn wanted the job, and if you look, Aaron Glenn is a former New York Jet first round pick, so he kind of knows the landscape there. The Jags with Liam Cohen, I got to be honest, I didn't know much about him. I still don't know much about him. I'd still like to hear exactly what happened when you were entertaining this offer, going back to Tampa, telling Baker Mayfield you're coming back, and then all of a sudden you end up as the Jags head coach. I get it. I mean, I understand why you took the job. I just I don't know. The timeline's a little weird, and I guess I'm curious about that. But you know what he's saying is basically, hey, let's just move on. Here is Liam cohen on passing up and couldn't pass up this opportunity.
Speaker 3: The opportunity to coach in Tampa was a phenomenal one. To get my feet wet in the NFL as offensive coordinator, and I thank them so much for that opportunity.
Speaker 2: As you continue to do.
Speaker 3: More research and gaining more information as you go, it started to become more clear with every hour that this was an opportunity that you just can't pass up and you ultimately want to do truly what's best for you and your family.
Speaker 2: And that's what this came down to. Okay, let's do an emergency fill in the blank. After watching Liam Cohen at his press conference yesterday, you get one word to describe him, Todd, Liam Cohen is blank, corny, Dylan adorable. All right, Okay, I didn't have that on my bingo card. Marvin dorky, Oh, duval, let me hear it, duvall.
Speaker 4: It had a little bit of here's Johnny Duvo, Paulie quirky in a good way.
Speaker 2: Well, if he wins, then we forget about all of this stuff. I mean, I'm sure Jacksonville media they're glad to have him, and let's go, let's fix our quarterback and uh, you know, let's get back into the postseason. Tampa Bay still a little frosty of how that divorce happened. Divorce, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 5: Do you not want your coach to come across a little intimidating on in some way, shape or form, if you're a fan of a team that wants to move to the next level. Not that you got to be a jerk and nasty to the press, but there's got to be a middle ground.
Speaker 2: Was he too nice for you? You wanted more of the Aaron Glenn where Aaron Glenn's fiery?
Speaker 6: I think I do because I'm pissed off.
Speaker 5: I want my team to you know, this is a joke all these years, It's time I want my coach to be kind of angry and less stilly, goofy looking.
Speaker 2: All right, here's Aaron Glenn, the Jets head coach yesterday. Players, that's here.
Speaker 7: Now, put your seatbelts on and get ready for the ride. Put your seatbelt zone and get ready for the ride.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 7: There are going to be some challenges, but what challenges becomes opportunity gets opportunity. But here's what I do know. We're the freaking New York Jet. So we're billfit me.
Speaker 1: Who's with me?
Speaker 8: Let's go all right up?
Speaker 2: He's a podium pounder and that bothers me. Oh yeah, Saban did that? A little bit. I'm not a you know, hey, you're you're a podium pounder.
Speaker 9: Yes, your punctuation when you're a coach the podium that saman did that for years. I think that's uh like, I'm ready to hit someone, but I can't, so I gotta hit this piece of wood.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So, Fritzy, you like Aaron Glenn? You want to play for Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 5: I want someone that says, you know, bite mecaps, not like massage them gently.
Speaker 6: Okay, that would be how I would stay.
Speaker 2: There, all right. Dylan finds Liam Cohen adorable. I'm guessing that would be an ideal quarterback for a coach for you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I find that Gladden saying where the New York Jets were built for this? I don't think that's true.
Speaker 2: Liam Cohen, by the way, former college quarterback. I think at UMass and uh actually had a really nice career there. Brian Schottenheimer, that's just a kind of a I don't know how to describe that. Press I've seen a lot of press conferences. I've attended a lot of press conferences with some of the biggest names who've ever coached. That's as weird as I've ever witnessed a press conference where it became it was a little bit about Brian Schottenheimer. It was a whole lot about Jerry Jones, a whole lot about Jerry. Brian Schottenheimer remembering his father Marty. He starts to cry and it was like a nice moment. And then Jerry has to bring up that he too lost his dad, and then he started crying as well. He hijacked it and I'm going, did your dad just died? Jerry? No, it became like Jerry. It felt like Jerry was taken over the Cowboys as their head coach. It really did. And he kept, you know, he was talking about this. You know, I took a big risk on that, Like it felt like Brian Schottenheimer wasn't there. But one of my favorite moments was when Steve even Jones, Jerry's son, the Cowboys president, had this to say.
Speaker 11: Well, I think we uh, you know, you always have to evaluate, you know, where it didn't go right last year, and obviously we're also evaluating where it didn't go right, you know in terms of you know, this drought that people say we're in, in terms of a championship game.
Speaker 8: Or a Super Bowl, and you.
Speaker 11: Know, we just have to continue to make this roster better.
Speaker 2: He did air quotes around the word drought. You know, it's real. He made it seem like, oh, you guys have brought up this drought. It's thirty years, that's that's a real drought.
Speaker 5: Yes, Todd, what's people say we're in All you got to do is look at the records of the last thirty years. It's there, like in black and white. But that's not a theory that they actually he'd go to a couple of Super Bowls and we just all missed it. We were we were like rip van Winkle. We woke up and we missed some of the checks.
Speaker 2: It's not a rumor that you haven't been to a Super Bowl, it's it's fact. I don't need a second source on this, Steven. And the fact that when he went air quotes with a drought and I went, oh my god, are we delusional here?
Speaker 10: Yes, Dylan Uh to put into a perspective that drought is older than I am. So if that helps you visualize it a little bit, Yeah, yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 9: You use air quotes when something isn't real, Like back when I was in jail, you were in jail, dude, you actually were in jail.
Speaker 2: You sertd time. Well, you know my wife is pregnant air quotes. No, No, she either is or isn't.
Speaker 5: Yes, Chris Parley is do a skit with air quotes, like on the New sear people say I'm overweight slovenly.
Speaker 2: It was fascinating, it really was to watch that. And here's Jerry trying to convince you that he knows football. His dad taught in football. Hey, I took a risk on shoddy Here. It was as if Brian Schottenheimer wasn't there. Here is here's Jerry on his comfort zone.
Speaker 1: If you don't think I can't operate out of my comfort zone, you're so wrong. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 11: This is as big a risk as you could take, as big a risk as you could take, no head coaching experience.
Speaker 2: He's motioning with Brian Schottenheimer with his thumb like this guy. I took a risk. You didn't have to. Mike Rabel's not a risk, or Ben Johnson probably not a risk, but I took. I'm out of my comfort zone. I'm going you don't have to be hell hired Dion God I mean, I know it's too late, but that would have made more sense of what the Cowboys have become. Like, I don't know what it is, but you gotta watch it. It may be a car accident and it's not pretty, but you're gonna watch it. Then we got Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll's fired up. Somebody said, hey, every time Pete mentions Tom Brady, you got to do a shot, I would have been hammered quickly. Here is Pete Carroll, the Raiders head coach.
Speaker 10: He's been integally involved, you know, wherever where I know that the process could allow him to be in.
Speaker 8: We haven't seen him, you know, he's not been here.
Speaker 5: He's got a big job, but he has been a really exciting part of it.
Speaker 2: Pete is a fast talker, by the way. Whenever we'd interview him, I'd be like, man, just slow down a little bit, Pete. But he's ready. He's got energy, yes, yes, marm and.
Speaker 5: A lot of times he's chewing gum, which makes it even harder on stand him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's ready to go. His age is going to be mentioned just about every time they show Pete Carroll on TV. Was he the soon to be seventy four year old, the oldest coach in NFL history, I think soon to be seventy four. Got to say that it's a prerequisite when you tune into Raider games.
Speaker 5: Yes, time, whiny, enthusiastic, he runs down the starlight. We got a word he's gonna break his hip or something like that. They're gonna have interim. Come in week three.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna have a walker, Yes, PAULI.
Speaker 9: In week three. Next year he'll be seventy four years on.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, okay, we'll take a break. Nick Writ's had a lot to say, the Fox Sports One host, and he thinks Kansas City Chiefs might be the greatest team of all time. He'll explain that we'll come back after this on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Hey, Steve and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 13: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 13: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 12: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 13: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something right, So check us out.
Speaker 12: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 8: As they say, I'd.
Speaker 13: Say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 12: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich, Nick Right, host of First Things First on Fox Sports one and What's Right with Nick Wright. You can find it on YouTube wherever you get your podcast. Great to see you again. By the way, Sunday Morning, Pauli says, let's book Nick Wright win or lose. So just so you know, we wanted to have you on whether the Chiefs won or not.
Speaker 8: No, that's a lie. No one really wanted to have me on if they lost.
Speaker 2: Well, that would have been sadly for.
Speaker 8: You and Paully and more accurately, almost everyone else in the media. I get to be right again, and amazingly, I now am on a two year run of being like, Hey, the team with the best quarterback, the best coach, and one of the best defenses all take them, while everyone's like, did just see what the Lions did to the Jags? Dan Campbell really has them pulling in the right direction. Oh have you seen the Bill's point differential for five years now? The raven or one of those how do you stop the offense? Even though they lost six games this year? And I'm like, I don't know, Chiefs win every Super Bowl, so I think they'll probably win this one too.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 8: Wow, I'm I'm angry. I'm angry at how last week got hijacked. I'm angry at folks instead of just being like, I'm sorry I was wrong creating a nonsense conspiracy, I'm angry at the way we cover football. These times are we talk, who are we not talking about? I'm I'm so the the conspiracy stuff it mainstream media. Let the tail wag the dog in that the internet's talking about it. So I guess it's the story. I don't know. Man l Football and Dove Kleinman got nine thousand retweets on this still shot the photo of a potential hold, So I guess it's got to be the B block today. And then a Twitter account with twelve million followers says, relief is on the way football fans. Relief is on the way. Finish the thought. If you're gonna put it out there, finish the thought relief from what a rigged game is what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Why do you think Adam Schefter put that out there?
Speaker 8: Because everyone has had their brain rotted by an algorithm. And it's like, man, this sure gets engagement. And I get why the faceless nameless accounts to it. It's literally how they make their living. I get it, Like I don't respect it, but I understand it. I look at that honestly, no different than folks. You know that, you know running any scam that people run just to get by, so be it like that's your lot. I don't understand why someone who the eighteen hundred bucks extra month you can make off Twitter engagement means nothing to them, why they would do that. And I really don't like the hiding behind the Hey guys, I'm just presenting unbiased facts. There's a trillion facts to choose from, and they didn't given time. But if there were a conspiracy Dan on the internet that you murdered people, and then I tweeted, here's a fact, there have been seventy eight murders in Connecticut in the year Dan Patrick moved to town. I'm not saying anything. It's just a fact, just a fact. These are the murders. Here's the numbers, and.
Speaker 2: So that balatively objectively. Can you look at the chiefs, step away from them, had they got any kind of favoritism?
Speaker 8: I so the data suggests not the data suggest Now now listen, it was a really bad look. And I will admit when in the first half of the first playoff game, uh Patrick asked for a call, didn't get it, and then the ref came over to the sideline where he was sitting on the bench and seemingly apolo, oh, I'm sorry. That was Josh Allen and nobody cared. No one had ever seen that happen in sports history. It happened with Josh Allen. Nobody cares. Do I think that the NFL protects quarterbacks? Brady got his knee blown out by Bernard Pollard, They changed the rules. Aaron Rodgers got his collar bone broken, they changed the rules. Do I think these star quarterbacks they take Do I think they get a better whistle than Will Levis? Of course? Do I think that the NFL is a very tough sport to officiate? Yes? Do I think that if you are in standalone close games, there's gonna be a bunch of calls and people are gonna have issue with it. The idea that they get a more beneficial was than the other teams, there's no data to suggest it. And that's why that cherry pick data of roughing the passer penalties is so meaningless to me, because watch the clips, and then also, I'll say one other thing, then we can talk about the actual game. Watch that fourth and five, the Josh Allen in completion, and watch the reverse angle the George carloftis hit, And I think this is what the football nerds would call teach tape. Car loftis head up, shoulder down into his chest, and then before Allen's even on the ground is backing up, hands up. You know why, because they're a buttoned up, well coached team that doesn't make those types of mistakes.
Speaker 2: But why don't you just take this as a compliment. America wants a new story. They won a new story in all sports. It's not just the Chiefs, it's they're the latest, and people get tired of people winning like the Warriors. People got tired of that.
Speaker 8: No, I reject that people got People got mad at the Warriors because they thought they rigged it in a different way by getting Durant. The seventy three win Warriors were one of the most popular teams. Stuff Curry changing the game, people were not only were people not tired of Michael Jordan and the Bulls, there's a whole generation that still pines for that era.
Speaker 2: There's no social media back then, Nick, we don't like Okay, they didn't get tired. We only had eyewitness accounts. I don't know what social media would have said about the Bulls, So okay.
Speaker 8: So then I mean, if the answer is that we now in the mainstream media with a responsibility, with better access to data, with more information, that we should just be taking our cues by what's trending on Twitter. I just disagree with that, and what I where I get, where I got frustrated, and where I got really you know, angry that morning? Was this the story of the week should have been. On one hand, you have one of the most objectively talented players in league history in Josh Allen, who is staring in the face of a team that has beaten him three times in the playoffs. Going for a dynasty, it will be a defining not going for a dynasty, going to be the greatest team of all time, a defining moment in the best and the second best player in the league's career will be this football game. And instead we're talking about the flag on Mahomes in the AFC Championship game from two years ago, and we're being led down this road by mL football on Twitter. I just find it. I find it cheap and unlikable. That's it.
Speaker 2: He's a Nick Wright, host of First Things First on Fox Sports one. Why would they be the greatest team of all time if they win this Super Bowl?
Speaker 8: Well, anyway, they won three such Super.
Speaker 2: Bowls well, they're different teams.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well okay, oh.
Speaker 2: You mean, what are you talking about this? This team? Is this the greatest team?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 8: Got it? I apologize. So I think you can make an argument that if they win the twenty twenty four Chiefs of the greatest single season football team of all time, no team will ever have more wins. They would have lost one game, you know, week eighteen. I think I actually kind of like that Week eighteen doesn't count because then we can almost treat it like a sixteen game season the way it used to be. The one team that beat them, they then beat them again. They were able to win. It's not a singular force, meaning it had Patrick was not great the or six weeks of the year they won. Anyway, you can look at specific games they won because of special teams, because of defense, because of coaching, and oh yeah, by the way, they have the necessary components of being considered one of the greatest teams ever, which is generational star, another generational star, another generational star. It's three because Mahomes Kelsey and Chris Jones is a playoff performers, one of the greatest of his generation. And then I think a top two coach of all time and maybe a top two coordinator of all time and Steve Spagnola like, so you have all of that, and then you add what I think is the degree of difficulty of no team ever has been able to follow up back to back championships, not only with a third, but with even playing for the third. The eight teams to do it, three missed the playoffs, two lost in the divisional round, three loss in the conference championship game. So that would it? Would you know? It's weird. If you were to, like prior to this year, lie detector test me and say what's the greatest football team of all time? I'd probably say the seven Patriots. But it's a really hard It's like yeah, but some people would be like, no, actually, they're not one of the fifty eight greatest because fifty eight teams won a Super Bowl and they didn't. I've always thought the two most spellbinding teams of my lifetime were the ninety eight Vikings and O seven Patriots, and neither one got it done well.
Speaker 2: The O seven Patriots were like the seventy three win Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 8: Oh that's a great take, that's a that's a great take. But then Eli Manning has to be Lebron James. I don't like that at all. No, no, we gotta workshop that one. But that is otherwise we would have been right there.
Speaker 2: What how do the Eagles beat the Chiefs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: They can win?
Speaker 2: Like I know, what makes you nervous about this matchup against your team?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 8: I mean Saquon Barkley is pretty good. So here can I throw a Saquon Barkley galaxy brain take at you? If a normal football team. So let's say in the twenty eighteen draft, the Giants had drafted Josh Allen, which you know they probably wish they had, and Saquon went fifth to the Broncos. Just a normal team, does the running back position never get devalued? Because this guy is just on seven consecutive fifteen hundred to two thousand yard seasons. Is this guy did we get of one hundred ways for his first six years of his career to play out? Did we get in poker terms the nut low with the Giants? And now we're just seeing who he can be?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 6: So that he is?
Speaker 8: And I had this wrong. I thought he was a really good player. But you know, it was like the Eagles run game was awesome without him, I thought I was dead wrong. He has transformed them. So when you have that, when you have the second best pair of receivers in football.
Speaker 2: But do you think he single handedly devalued the running back or the Giants did by take? Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 8: No, what I'm saying is no, no, no, no no no. I'm glad you asked me to clarify that. What I'm saying is if Saquan was taken in the top fifth instead of second, still top five and instantly made the Broncos a year after year contender. My point was, was he good enough that if he just wasn't with a franchise they didn't know what they were doing, they would he would have been at this level every single year or close to it that they would have been a playoff team every single year. And because of that, people have been like, man, star running backs still work in this league. That's what I meant. What I did, so I wasn't taken, it was it was a shot at the Giants, not at him. So yeah, the Eagles. The Eagles have an amazing roster and they have they are great on both lines, and so yeah, they can win. I don't think they will, but they And listen, Jalen Hurts had never thrown for one hundred and sixty yards in a playoff win.
Speaker 4: And you know.
Speaker 8: This past weekend was his the best in my opinion, the best game of his career that resulted in a win. Obviously the Super Bowl, he was great. They lost, and so if they get that level of production from him, that's a dangerous team. I just think the Chiefs. I said it all year. People got mad at me. They were practicing all year, which is why you know in the first game they actually could lose. That mattered. They score a season high end points, Mahomes has a career high in rushes. They do things offensively and defensively they did not do all year. So they have more in the bag than the Eagles. Like that is not shown yet. But this will be a great super Bowl. Great super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're going to get a Super Bowl ring one day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: You mean when I retire from broadcasting and someone asked me to run a team because of my brilliant commentary.
Speaker 2: Well that could happen, But I like, are you gonna be on the float this year? Chris Berman got super Bowl ring from the Niners. So I'm gonna guess you're Wow.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that. I thought he was a Bills fan. Nobody circles the you Gotta you Gotta ring from a team.
Speaker 2: He's not even a fan of Wow, he's a fan of the Niners.
Speaker 8: Oh, okay, by the he.
Speaker 2: Had NFC a FC, so he's had himsel Yeah, yeah, but he got a Niners.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know. I mean, I'm an impartial journalist.
Speaker 2: Of course you want I just listen. Of course, here's I'm what'd you accept a Super Bowl ring?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Oh so you're not impartial?
Speaker 8: Well it would be rude to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to do that.
Speaker 8: No, I mean I do if I lost all credibility and media criticism because I accepted a watch you sent me. No, I'm not gonna not everybody knows that what that you sent me a watch?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean that, But that doesn't, you know, compromise your integrity. It's just I wanted to help you out because you had those fake bright wings, and I felt bad for you because I have great but I have great respect for you. I said that you and Evan Cohen at ESPN are two of the up and coming people that will be stars. So I wanted you to have that watch.
Speaker 8: No, I appreciate that. I wear it every day on television. Can I say so, I have a color. I don't know how much time we have, but ninety seconds, okay, because I'm you're gonna see shortly. I'm going to start alternating watches. Because, oh, here's the thing. I don't think the games are rigged, But for the people who do, I hope you have made as much money this year as I have betting on the cheese. That's the other thing. Everyone responding to these accounts and letting them dictate the narrative that are simultaneously saying this, the games are rigged. The fixes in can't wait till they lose next week. Hey, idiots, if the game's rigged, you can make a lot of money betting on this team, as I have throughout the season.
Speaker 2: So how much money have you made this year on the Chiefs?
Speaker 8: Gambling on the Chiefs? Yeah, I mean that's a that's a rude question. How about you. How about you let's price his right style it. How about say a number and I'll say over or under and you can do it three.
Speaker 2: Times, twenty grand over fifty grand.
Speaker 8: Right now under. But I've got some Super Bowl futures. So let's say they win the Super Bowl. Yeah, you can now say one more number, assuming they've won the.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl, sixty two thousand over. Oh okay, yeah good. Yeah, so you're gonna go another watch.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that's what I said. That's the Tho's the point of the stories. That's why I gonna be alternating watches. I'm gonna looked at whether they win or lose Super Bowl. I'm gonna look down on the at my wrist occasionally and I will either think of you or I'll think of this chief season, and either way it'll make me happy. And then the so, yeah, that's what's gonna happen. Yeah, so that's that. By the way, Josh Allen probably probably should get him in field goal range. I know, we're not allowed to criticize athletes anymore. It's a new, softer, gentler media.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 8: Everyone feels bad for everyone at all times.
Speaker 2: But uh, well, he almost did. If Dalton does catch that ball a lot, almost they almost did. He almost did almost us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Ravens can hang the point differential banner and the Bills can hang the almost did banner.
Speaker 2: He's Nick Right. You can you can see him on First Things First every afternoon on Fox Sports one and What's Right with Nick Right YouTube and wherever you get your podcast. Good to talk. Thank you Dan, see you see you Buck.
Speaker 1: That's Nick right.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. Our play of the day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: W app Oh my god, no play of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 6: Check this out.
Speaker 2: We need a three to get to overtime. D'll also running the line get it off to Love Love Midport.
Speaker 1: Shot is up, cut Love is hit a three.
Speaker 2: We're going overtime.
Speaker 9: Then Backport.
Speaker 2: Caleb Loom has just tied this game. Tad b Lim and Machaoe. That's court toesee a Wild Counts Radio twelve ninety am. The victory marked Arizona's first win over a top five opponent as an unranked team since nineteen seventy nine. It's your Play of the Day, brought to you by Mako. Most Cars on the Road to use a little TLC and Maco. They bring your car back to like. They have affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. I was at a restaurant last night. I was sitting at the bar and I was eating by myself, as I prefer, there's a guy next to me. Jeopardy comes on. So the guy, actually there was a seat in between us that was empty. He proceeded to answer seven questions in a row incorrectly. He just kept blurting out the answers and he said it was such confidence. So I like, I had to start laughing after the sixth one that he'll just y'all out king tout me. It'd be like Vascoda Gama or something. And I started laughing. He goes, what's so funny. I said, well, you haven't got any of them right, And he said, the game's not over yet. So I said, all right, I'm gonna stay here for a little while longer. So I got another beer. I was done with my dinner. The guy did not get one question right. I think he went over twelve.
Speaker 9: Day stand to day stand outa day stand outa day.
Speaker 2: This is the stele of the day, and so I started answering a couple of questions like he would yell out, he'd blurt out something, and then I I think I answered three questions out of I don't know seven, and uh he left and he didn't say anything when he left. But it was like, you know, we all think we know the answers when you're sitting at home, but nobody's there watching you blurt out these answers that were incorrectly be like, he just throws something out there, and I'd be like, I don't think i'd be saying it loud, Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 9: When we watch it home. There's always that category where it's like NFL quarterbacks like oh yeah, and then the next one say algebra, like.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's come up with a pole question here. Dilan in for Seaton, So, uh, that's your responsibility. What are we going with? First hour?
Speaker 10: All right, Dan, so we've got your introductory press conference as a new head coach. How would you want to come across a tough, no nonsense things are about to change guy or compassionate players coach? So far people like the no nonsense guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah about right? Todd wants to have Aaron Glenn, you want Dan Campbell, you want five, you want Mike Ditka.
Speaker 6: I do certainly as opposed to.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you want to be coached by If I was that like Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would like to play for another team.
Speaker 2: Of course you would, But you want him coaching your team. You don't want him coaching you.
Speaker 6: I could not have said it better myself.
Speaker 2: You've got me nailed, Dylan, players coach or disciplinarian.
Speaker 10: If I'm on the team, give me the players coach Mike Todd. But I like a little blend of the two as a fan.
Speaker 2: All right, John Harbot, That wasn't part of the question, Marvin, What do you want players?
Speaker 6: Coach?
Speaker 2: Paulie?
Speaker 9: When I'm watching a press conference, I want a guy who seems smart, possibly nerdy, and you're not sure whether he played football before, like Mike McDaniel. I was like he played football, Liam Cohen. He played football like the nerdy, smart guy, not the tough guy coach.
Speaker 2: Out of all the coaches who have been hired, Okay, if I say Aaron Glenn, Pete Carroll, Brian Schottenheimer, Liam Cohen, back row's gonna want Liam Cohen. I'm good, guess Marvin, who would out of those four you want shoddy, Pete Carroll, Aaron Glenn, Liam Cohen. Oh, Pete Carroll, Okay, Carol the confidence, Yeah I do too. Yeah, But I don't think he's a disciplinarian. I just think he's an energy guy, enthusiastic. So I'm I'd be fine with that. I think the Raiders did well. I mean, I look at the NFL's year to year. We like to look at, well, where are they going to be? You know he's going to be seventy seven and three year, yes, but they're bringing him in that might be, hey, come in, be a band aid coach, get us, you know, stabilized, and then maybe you put him in the front office after that, make him a consultant or whatever you want to do, make up a title. But I think Pete in your organization is a whole lot better than Pete not being in your organization. And for that team, now you got Brady, now you got Pete Carroll, you got some respect. You have the sixth pick overall, and I think that they did really well with this. You know, the key is going to be the quarterback, Uh, Steven in Florida. Hi Steve, Hey, good morning man, and your entire crew.
Speaker 14: Just wanted to revisit the tip in the football discussion that we had yesterday. I'm one of those that believe in the philosophy of keep it simple, stupid, and it's like trying to reinvent what is a catch and what is not a catch. But placing the tip in the football, let's say, middle of the scenes in the football, so it's consistent throughout, but it's you know, my philosophy with this is that when the ball crosses the goal line, it's a score. When the ball crosses through the uprights and the goal posts on a kick, it's a score. So what I'm proposing is that you eliminate any body parts that touched the ground or you know whatever as the ball placement. You use the chip and the ball in the forward progress of the ball, and you know, for inbounds out of bounds plays, but from the you know, line of play, from the line of scrimmage, that's where the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. The problem with the NFL is they never subtract from a rule. They always add. They just keep adding more verbiage and then it becomes more complicated. Just like the catch, it's either a catch or it's nodding, Hey, did you do you have the ball? That's a catch. Hour two on the Way Julian Edelman stops by