Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist. These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Yeah, so, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. Anyways, my name's Jack O'Brien AKA, and he will blame it all on wooder Ice swear it's not a bladder leak. Make you two not like it's fine and wish that he had won some depends that one's lessons here on the discord the popular hymn on Eagles Wings. But yes, I have probably heard as much as any song in the history of my life, because Wow, every Sunday man that ship was popping standard standard a standard thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: Miles Grey aka Ungroup to day hallucination. I'm working late because I'm a singer. Okay, that's it, panoramic view, Thank you for that, AKA, I just that's I asked you on the discord, asked, and I said, what is it meant to just be grock today? Hallucination, I'm working late because I'm a singer. She's like, yeah, I couldn't make the rest work.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I said, no, this is perfect because I love a simple panoramic view.
Speaker 2: Dude, Because I'm a singer, is I think my favorite like lyric in espresso, It's just like I'm working because I'm a singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 1: More musicians should just talk about how they're singers. My favorite songs are those hard rock songs that they are like so fucking hard man being on the road. Yeah, people make fun of my long hair. You don't understand the guys say, is that a hear hymn? The other day? Do you know the song I'm talking about age?
Speaker 3: I was about to say, the echoes of the amplifier ringing in my head. Yeah, yeah, yeah, smoke the day's last cigarette, wondering what she say?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, as.
Speaker 3: Covered amazingly by the one and only Metallica, and.
Speaker 2: It's a jam that Metallica then covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah dude.
Speaker 3: Oh, I actually heard it for the first time as a Metallica song, so I will never get that version out of my head.
Speaker 1: It feels like they're reaching so hard to like try and find some like hardships that they're enduring as internationally. During rock Stars, you just like are like and then all these like beautiful women are fighting over you. It's very chaotic, you know, people try and give you their drugs.
Speaker 3: I watched their documentary Some kind of Monster on a yearly basis. That's probably my favorite music documentary of all time.
Speaker 2: You think James Headfield was like, man, we need a song ab how fucking hard it is to be Metallica? Man, if you don't fucking know and you don't know Mann to move to veil, They're like, they're like, fuck it, man, did another artist write about how hard it is being a Rocks?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll just cover that. I espresso just being like Kauz, I'm a singer, Yeah exactly, I'm working late because I'm a singer. Okay, what else hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You just want to just want to hunt some elk and drive your whatever the rocket the powered card thing that is that he drives. I know way too much about that band, So we could just do a whole podcast.
Speaker 2: Who had a rocket powered car?
Speaker 3: James Hetfield. It's in Some kind of Monster. He gets pulled over by a cop and then the cop recognizes him and it's a whole thing, and he like has this moment where He's like, what do I expect? Is it like I ride this thing? And because I don't want to be noticed, it's like it's kind of amazing.
Speaker 1: It's like I think I'm a narcissist.
Speaker 3: And then they cut to Lars just like on the couch is talking about his paintings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles, that third voice one of our Feladiens an actor, voiceover artist, musician who stars in the certified fresh Hulu series Deli Boys. Also it has a good Metacritics score. We're a Metacritic podcast here. You've seen him as Ausie and the film Aftermath on Netflix. He's been nominated for an Ambi and Webby as a podcaster. He's a world renowned rock guitarist. You know his face from Mortal Kombat. Please welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: Shot Ja hon Ko.
Speaker 3: Coming to you live from the shores of Boston, Massachusetts. Alright, as planes fly overhead, yeah, shout out logan, Yeah, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: There it is there?
Speaker 2: It isn't there like a pyramid shaped hotel in Boston somewhere like on the heart is there a.
Speaker 3: Peer There's a like a wax formerly known as when Encore Casino there's a very orientalist Dodge Mahall type situation. Casino.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know that. There's a pyramid shaped hote. There's a there's an iconic harbor hotel in Boston.
Speaker 2: I think I know what you're talking about. Yeah, it's Oh, it's the Regency Boston, and it's.
Speaker 3: Got that big like the one on the one that's on Logan on the water, Yeah, Logan Campus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe any Boston people are going to probably be thinking that I don't know the hell I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I just remember what I was when I'm talking about the one with a big arch in it and then like a little taj Mahall type thing on the like a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's the casino. That's the Encore casino that I was talking about. There is also a hotel.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about this thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course it's on the fucking Childs dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, of course. Because I that it's like the.
Speaker 3: Only situation you should have You should have said the double step ladder.
Speaker 2: Sorry, pyramid, yeah, sorry, I should have said a Mesopotamian rectangular structure.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that that I would have read that ignorance and my father went to m I T right down the road from that. So I'm an embarrassment not only to my city, but my family to super Flex. My dad worked for Kodak.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Ever heard of it anymore?
Speaker 3: Because they invented the digital camera and then kind of fund themselves.
Speaker 2: They kind of yeah, they sort of skyped themselves out of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe he lost his pension.
Speaker 1: Moving on? Oh no, have you been It sounds sounds like busy.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, I've been. Uh, you know, I'm sure we'll get into how we're all really doing. Uh but yeah, Fortunately the last few years from a career standpoint, have been a dream come true in many ways. I'm doing a lot of things I always wanted to do. I'm very much still a struggling artist, and I'm yeah, I'm alive.
Speaker 1: Man. Yea, hey, there it is. That's what we need. People don't understand how hard it is to be a struggling are they really out.
Speaker 3: Here on the They should really refer to the song turn the Page by Bob Seeker slash Metallica to really understand.
Speaker 1: You're like in first class and everyone's looking at you because they're like, I know, I recognize them from somewhere, and you're like, yeah, but do they like recognize me, Like, do they actually see me? I mean scrounging for peanuts in first class? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I meant. Yeah, I'm still chewing the ice.
Speaker 3: I've never been first I have been one in the once in my entire life. My family got upgraded to business class on the trip to Pakistan back when a British Airways still flew to to Pakistan. But I have never ever flown first class.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I won't, so, I mean, if anybody wants to hook that up, like I'm down.
Speaker 2: I mean, but surely you're hiring from succession man, Yeah, he's got its first file.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that I lied and said I was a New York local and you know, packed for days of a day of work and realized that I was going to be there for a week and then basically had one pair of socks and had to like it was yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh did you have to?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Were they only casting like New York locals for that?
Speaker 1: And You're like, yeah, it was my.
Speaker 3: First job that my manager I had booked I'd done these this film after Math in twenty twenty one. Uh, and then I did this like Lifetime Murder Mystery. Those are my two things where I actually got lines and stuff. And then after that, my local Boston agent we were like, yeah, maybe we should try to get a manager. I was like, so how do I do that?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: I just like ask other actors like, hey, can I have your manager?
Speaker 1: It didn't really work.
Speaker 2: So they're like, well if you don't look like me, Yeah, that's just what happens when you ask other people like, hey, how's your manager, and like, well, they're kind of you know, we would kind of be going for the same stuff, so maybe fuck off.
Speaker 3: You know, we already got a couple of Pakistanis, so the quota has been filled. Maybe we could move.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I started.
Speaker 3: I was then connected to my awesome manager, Melissa Young, and you know, the first job we booked was this character lan on Succession, supposed to be party guest number four. You never know what these coasts and it's my first ever TV booking, you never know what these co star roles. Yeah, I literally got the email. I just jumped in my car and started driving. I was like, yeah, it's like one line, it'll be like a day or team. I got there and she was like no, no. On the way, She's like, yeah, it's a five day booking. I was like, oh, okay. And then in the email somewhere it was something about a green room and I was like, yeah, that means like we're all the background actors sit together and you know, like we just chill. And I got there first day and it was like no, no, you have your own hotel room with the cast is on the same floor as you and I Then from there just my mind has continued to be blown.
Speaker 1: Everybody was super.
Speaker 3: Cool, but I literally, dude, I packed for two days. I had two pairs of boxers, two pairs of socks. I didn't have enough clothes, so I like wore the bathrobe like in the room. I like like, why didn't you just even go to Target and like buy other stuff. I was like, you don't understand, like I was trying to save money, dude, yea. I So it was it was a wild.
Speaker 1: Oh and I put one of the dirty socks.
Speaker 3: I'm not told the story publicly, so here we go. I put one of my dirty socks, like to air it out. Like I opened the window in the room everything and then the sock fell like it was a while still there. It's probably the still you always air myself?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I always leave my shoes outside too, because I just do it.
Speaker 3: I got a foot sweat thing. It's like, yeah, thank you, jaw have clear.
Speaker 1: Like you know, I have very formative memories from you know, basketball camp when I was eleven, and just everybody on the entire dorm floor that I was staying with being like what the fuck is that smell? And then like just dirty figure it was, and you.
Speaker 3: Just tryger to memory someone before I dropped out of calls the first time. I have a trifecta of a dropout girl.
Speaker 2: I think her name was Anya.
Speaker 3: She once entered me in my poor roommate Darren's room, was.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, your guy's room always smells like dirty socks? What's up with that?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: What is that? Yeah? Are you an arm and Haammer foot powder user?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, travel size you know what I'm talking about? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, sorry, are both the same person? Like, yeah, you know either the arm Yeah, it's a very specific thing. Yeah, I know overpacked socks. So like as you were talking about like having that experience. I was like sweating panic. Who's the wrapper from Cribs? Who was like, you know what, I got famous so that I could wear a.
Speaker 3: New socks every day? Oh that I remember the episode?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I mean it feels like a very Cribs thing. Yeah, I mean Redman is the most memorable one. But I don't know, but he would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just got frozen pizzas and stuff, and he's like playing against sixty.
Speaker 2: Four on the couch, sleeping.
Speaker 1: Francesca.
Speaker 2: What's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: So I was looking at my duck Duck Go, which is what I used to search things obviously because maximum privacy, maximum quackery, and uh, I found this search history that was like from a few days ago that was just baby airplanes overhead.
Speaker 6: I was like, what the fuck was I looking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you think about like when I say those three words, what was I trying to look up?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 4: Like one of those things for a crib Like.
Speaker 1: No, no, like a mobile?
Speaker 4: Like a mobile?
Speaker 1: A mobile?
Speaker 2: Baby? Okay, you red baby airplanes overhead? So it's not a mobile airplane mobile, it's that you were looking for maybe some kind of baby accessory that could go in the overhead, yes, like a stroller.
Speaker 5: I was image searching because back in like the sixties, right, you know, airline travel was a lot calmer.
Speaker 7: It was a lot chiller.
Speaker 5: Like now, you know, climate change is ruined all the jet streams and you know, everything's crazy turbulence, say nothing of the FAA.
Speaker 7: But back in the day, they would put babies in the overhead compartment like a little sling and they could just sleep there. And look, I.
Speaker 5: Don't of course, it wasn't safe. Nothing was safe. There weren't even car seats back then. But like, it's just so I love the image of that, and I was setting it to a mom friend of mine, like, you know what happened?
Speaker 7: America used to be great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, we're chicken shit.
Speaker 5: You've seen them, right, They're just like like little baby and you can't I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh my god, so crazy.
Speaker 2: Shout out to man. Shout out to the sixties man, like, yeah, we're smoking at Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bringing back fifty still bring that back too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Beyonce, bring back babies in overhead.
Speaker 5: It's so good in the fifties. Look at that baby. See there's then there's plenty of space. Now you're just figuring out how to squeeze in a coach.
Speaker 2: God, when America used to be some we had Jim Crow laws and babies could be in the overhead exactly.
Speaker 1: Take us back, Beyonce.
Speaker 7: So funny, baby overhead.
Speaker 2: Baby, overhead shout out overhead projectors too. Did you guys have, Francisca, I know you're requisitely elder enough to remember overhead projectors for school?
Speaker 1: Oh they still do those? Oh yeah, boy, you had them too?
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, okay, so they still fuck with overhead projectors with the vis.
Speaker 1: I V pens on a transparency.
Speaker 6: I think it's it's.
Speaker 7: An easier way than.
Speaker 2: Like a whiteboard, Yeah, because you don't have to get up. You're like, yeah, let me just write on this light box. What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Or are you just using your computer these days? I love just watching the teacher's hand like erase everything they just wrote.
Speaker 2: If they were a lefty, oh yeah, yeah yeah, or they had to do that like crazy hookhand to be like I will not smear the ink that I'm rating. It's just.
Speaker 1: What is tim Something you think is overrated.
Speaker 8: Something that I think is overright, Okay, So I'm a big geek, like I love technology, and I got to tell the people from my tech ivory tower where I get a very good view of everything. You've got to stop buying flagship phones. They're so expensive and so unnecessary. Like ninety nine point nine percent of the population should be buying cheaper phones than what they're getting. And this applies for like laptops and tablets as well. We've sort of in a bunch of different devices, we've.
Speaker 2: Reached peak thing.
Speaker 8: We've reached peak phone like years ago, peak laptop years ago. So you can either pay three thousand dollars to get the best laptop on the market, or literally pay half that amount to get like ninety five percent of that. And it's the same with phones all the cameras. Now, as long as you're paying like above sort of four hundred dollars US for a phone, now, you're going to be getting like the camera will be pretty fucking similar to the one that you're paying twelve hundred dollars for.
Speaker 9: You think I want ninety five percent water in my toilet? Do you think I'm gonna have a ninety five percent is good phone? I'm American, Okay, I want a phone big enough to defend me from the mass shootings?
Speaker 1: What about this?
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 8: Save money by not buying two flagship phone, by buying one flagship phone, by two mid range phones, you can put one in each breast pocket and then no matter which way the shooter comes from, you protect it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, that's a reasonable But like having a disposable phone that you just.
Speaker 9: Fucking need one Now we need one to get back into the US.
Speaker 1: So when you're talking flagship, is that like iPhones and like Apple products essentially top of the line stuff.
Speaker 8: Just don't get like, no one really should be getting the top of the line stuff. And it's where all the companies make all their money because below that the profit margins are a lot lower.
Speaker 4: They're so expensive.
Speaker 9: But also like they require such like geekree to like know the difference between like what you're missing and what you like want for what you're doing.
Speaker 8: Fucking it's a standard symbol. It's like pure status symbol. So please invest a little bit of time in going to therapy and sorting yourself out rather than getting fifteen hundred dollars phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your dads here.
Speaker 4: Now what what what phone do?
Speaker 8: You have, I'd ask you not to out me like that. Please.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, I thought you were going to give me some insight into like ad.
Speaker 8: I'm a big nude and I got a really good deal on it. So I got one of those phones that folds.
Speaker 1: Oh I love.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's pretty extra, And I have just made myself a pretty big hypocrite, but i'd be I'd be super happy with Like, for example, if you're an Android person, there's like the same sung A has really good I feel like great, yeah, great, it's cheap.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 9: Would you if you were a person who wanted a non flagship phone, would you be alienating yourself in a group chat? Would that be an Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's the deal with I need because I've always been an Android dude? Sorry, because I'm a I'm a nerd, So what's the deal?
Speaker 3: Didn't they fix that?
Speaker 8: Didn't they fix that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 9: If you're if you're the if you don't know about the green bubble, you are the green bubble?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I know, but didn't they fix it?
Speaker 1: Didn't they get like, probably a way to get around it.
Speaker 8: They got them talking to each other.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe I don't know if I still enjoy that discrimination?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that's for that's like a flex by Apple to make sure that you.
Speaker 8: Don't people in my life who pay me out for having an Android phone. Am I like very good comedian gay friends, So that's mere.
Speaker 1: Whifferings.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no, I'm too deep.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 10: I wrote this down and I was like, people might get mad, but it just came from that because I didn't have time to like. I just like, this is from the gut. I think Sabrina Carpenter is overrated.
Speaker 6: Oh I know, and I'm already like regretting saying it, but it is my truth and I don't even like It's not that I don't like her.
Speaker 10: I just I think there's this like stardom that happens now that I think she's great, but I think the level of stardom that happens in the few years to become these megastars because of I don't know, digital consumption, it feels blown out of proportion compared to the artists we saw growing up. That like we've tracked over her career and watched them really rise and hone their talent, but specifically it Sabrina Carpenter, but she kind of represents that from me. I don't know, because I see her everywhere and she's cool, but like I I don't, I don't know. I'm just like, why is she that big? She's fine. I feel like I'm gonna I'm already saying this and I'm gonna like get backlash.
Speaker 6: But you know, I think she's overrated. I don't think she's a bad singer.
Speaker 10: I just when I hear her early stuff, I don't hear like she didn't find her voice for a while and now her whole thing has just kind of being like she's got a look and she's funny, which I think is cool. But like as a singer, I don't really know, Like I don't really know where.
Speaker 6: Her voice is.
Speaker 11: Mm hmmm. It is weird, like who gets anointed the next thing where I'm sure there's like a hundred, you know, like Cybrina Carpenter, a Cyprina Carpenter bees, you know, like like a bunch of different ones. So but I'm but I think she's great.
Speaker 1: I like her.
Speaker 10: I just she's so big, or maybe I'm maybe I'm just getting a lot of it on TikTok. But I am getting a level of Sabrina that makes it look like she's like Brittany, and I don't feel like she's our Brittany, Like I don't think she's there unless I'm being naive. But I feel like we saw, like, you know, like and before Brittany, there's a Madonna, And people compared Brittany to Madonna, and they compared her early, and I think she rose to that. So maybe Sabrina will rise to that. But I feel like she's getting that kind of exposure where I'm not seen as an artist. It feels like manufacturer, like the people around her like, let's keep making money off of this person, as opposed to.
Speaker 6: Like she's like, this is what I want to do next.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, So in Jack that Sabrina Carpenter is a pop star, who is She's.
Speaker 1: Not a Carpenter. Sorry, I was over here at Google. I'm trying to find out. I was trying to find some of her work's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she has a neo baby, she's related to Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Nick Offerman. And then I was trying to find out if this was another one of these Carpenters. I know, I don't know enough about Sabrina Carpenter to like whole day strong opinion. I know the song Espresso, and I know Miles was just talking about the fact that there's a part of that song where she goes, Kauza'm a singer, And I.
Speaker 10: Do like that those little moments she has some funny I think she's getting into like she's exploring her voice and that funny part is coming out more.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but yeah, it does feel like, you know, the eighties monoculture, where it was like Madonna and Michael Jackson and that's plenty. We have all the we have all the artists that we need, and then it's been just like a fracturing into like all the pieces of those artists just like break out into different musicians and they all become big and everybody buys all the albums, and I don't know, it seems to be working out for them, but I feel you.
Speaker 10: I do hope it's working out for them. I mean, I think it's working out for her, But it does scare me about the industry a bit, because I think it's becoming more and more the same people behind the scenes making money, and they'll just throw her away or put someone else new out there and hopefully she you know, is savvy, but it does scare me a bit the way they turn you.
Speaker 1: You typically a fan of, like is Brittany the previous version of this that you're like, this is, this is how it's done, this is and I don't.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm listing.
Speaker 10: I went to Taylor, so so I don't you know, I'm not like here toll Like I'm not saying like, oh my god, Sabrina Carpenter a girly pop like that's not really what I'm trying to say. But I think I don't know, maybe it's something Wow, this feels like therapy, maybe something more sinister. I feel about the industry, like it's like as it's falling apart and they're taking away from new independent artists.
Speaker 6: They are also like slapping, like.
Speaker 10: You know, people like Sabrina, she's gonna make a lot from it, but they're not necessarily have her best interests at her. And I feel like you see that with Chaperone, but she's more vocal about it.
Speaker 6: But it feels like there's something like crumpling in the back and that scares me.
Speaker 10: And meanwhile, everyone's just like money, money, you give me more, but no to answer.
Speaker 4: Your question.
Speaker 10: I love pop, all right. I mean I had a podcast about Ariana Grande.
Speaker 1: So that's right. Yeah, is the is the truth and Sabrina Carpenter is.
Speaker 4: Against each other.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not going to pick you a woman against you can like both.
Speaker 10: But Ariana's voice, I will say, it's very consistent from the beginning. Like you hear her voice and it's like you're like, that's why that that needs to be recorded?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear her sing and I'm like why she got to show off like that? Yeah, but she's a She's a great singer, Serena Carpenter. The only other thing I'm aware of, other than because I'm a singer, is the there seems to be a meme linking her as like the Hillary Clinton via with the substance, like if if Hillary Clinton took the substance, she would be Carpenter.
Speaker 6: I have not seen that, and that is interesting.
Speaker 1: I see that a lot.
Speaker 2: To me, I see that a lot.
Speaker 1: I see that. It's everywhere. I see it, everywhere I see it. Ever, Anyways, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about the enhanced games.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back Trump's tax bill was finally it got out of committee over the weekend. It died on Friday, and I was like, oh, look at this, Chip Roy found a backbone. I mean, he's always been a pretty big deficit hawk, but he, like him, along with I think six other Republicans tanked it on Friday, only for them to do whatever they had to do because you know, Jesus jerk off eye.
Speaker 1: Speaker of the House Mike Johnson was like, what do.
Speaker 2: You guys need for me to for for for you guys to at least let this thing get out of committee. Apparently they made I was like, that sounds like a.
Speaker 4: My pillow guy.
Speaker 1: It was disparate.
Speaker 2: Well here, well, no, I think as long as we came together with a common sort of understanding about how we're going to move forward with this.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, go on with this story.
Speaker 2: He's very but Mike Johnson is very one note like that, and it's very you know, you're the same.
Speaker 1: Look, man, I don't.
Speaker 2: Even do a good Obama, but.
Speaker 4: I guess my coolie Miles do it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm back. So anyway, this thing is now, This is now the real fucking this is the this is the time. Are they gonna ram through this reconciliation bill that basically has all of the things Donald Trump wants for his agenda right, Like he needs he needs to make sure that the Trump tax cuts don't expire. He wants to increase military and immigrant harassment spending. He needs a bigger budget for that. He needs to raise the debt ceiling, because I mean, I thought this was to attack the debt, but also we need we kind of needed some room there to have a higher deficit. And then part of all that is to power this by slashing so many social programs. It even makes Republican members of Congresses I believe they're like, I, this actually will decimate rural healthcare systems if we do this, What am I supposed to do? So this was all happening. Moody's also downgraded our credit rating. Uh just you know, sure, that's fine, it's fine. It's all just fine. But there's still just a ton of disagreement, like within the party, Like there's some that are arguing, like these cuts aren't deepened off, we need no one to have not seing is one strategy. Then other people like you know, cutting medicaid is a non starter for me, there's no way I can go to my district and be like, yeah, man, you're.
Speaker 4: Fucked terrified of the town hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, already already. And then others take an issue with like the number of clean energy projects that are being gutted. Some are saying not enough clean energy projects are being gutted.
Speaker 1: There's this.
Speaker 2: Then you have all the New York, New Jersey, California Republicans who are like, we need our salt tax cap raised or abolished completely. So everyone has like their own specific thing. How Mike Johnson makes all of this work we are yet to see. But he has pressure because he's been telling Trump, I'm going to have this on your desk by Memorial Day, baby, so we can really fucking kick this thing off.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so interesting is that, like they could just do this the way they did the first Trump tax cuts, which is be utter hypocrites about the deficit which is again kind of largely made up depending on how you look at it, and just ram them through anyway and add four trillion more dollars to the deficit like those tax cuts did and allowed fillion oh thank you, yeah, and allowed you could write off your sixty million dollar private jet. That was one of the many things in addition to your yachts. But the fact that they're trying, they want to do this big, beautiful bill. They're trying to do everything in budget reconciliation, remember, which was where also the Democrats in twenty twenty one tried to get through like a fifteen dollars minimum wage and then Kirsten Centima voted that shit down.
Speaker 7: But like, this is what's so difficult about all this is that you can't please.
Speaker 5: Every single person, and you're being totally dishonest because all this bill is about is simply a wealth transfer to the richest people.
Speaker 7: So stop talking about medicaid. Don't even make it about medicaid. Find the money somewhere else, or don't find it at all. Just live in your own hypocrisy.
Speaker 1: This is gonna help man.
Speaker 2: When all the billionaires get a tax cut, it's gonna trickle fucking in a direction.
Speaker 1: It will trickle someone understand.
Speaker 4: I want to be a richer while immigrants get poor.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 9: You want to hurt people, Okay.
Speaker 1: So this is for you, This bill is for you.
Speaker 2: Actually, we found something. There's a whole trillion dollars to terrorize immigrants in here.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is also really important. Yeah, I mean that's fucking insane. While the same time you're like, oh, sorry, we can't. So not only is a direct wealth transfer to the wealthy already wealthy, it's a wealth transfer to you're not gonna have healthcare, disabled person, poor child, new mother, you work, because we have to round up children and women and grandmothers with all of this, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three year olds immigration court that sit.
Speaker 1: Do you think.
Speaker 9: Can hunt island costs nothing? We're hunting men on the island.
Speaker 1: To them, how do we how do we populate said island?
Speaker 4: We have to set out the mines. That's expensive.
Speaker 2: There's like, you know, reporting that. Trump is definitely trying to manage all of it too, Like it sounds like the people that are sort of in battleground districts he's kind of becoming a little more sensitive to because he does not want to lose a Chamber of Congress in the midterms, Like that's a huge thing for him.
Speaker 1: So even now.
Speaker 2: He's kind of like trying to be like, what the how do I fucking have it all ways? At the same time, because he definitely doesn't want to have a bunch of Democrats and have enough power to do investigations, and he has to defend himself against you know, his own fucking actions.
Speaker 4: But then there's so he wriggled out of that.
Speaker 1: Just fine, Yeah, yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 5: They won't anyway, even with the majority. So what happened in the last four years?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, remember that when they beg you for your vote again, be like, yeah, sorry, what happened last time?
Speaker 1: And what will you do different this time?
Speaker 2: You're like, well, we aren't them at least.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're back to the same thing. You're not them.
Speaker 5: We're gonna slowly think about possibly holding Donald Trump accountable.
Speaker 7: But democracy, let's decided by the ballad box.
Speaker 9: A just give me five dollars, just for the love of God, I just need five more dollars.
Speaker 7: I'm upset as you are.
Speaker 2: Upset. There was a video of her recently. I thought was ai I was, I'm not, mostly because it.
Speaker 7: Would be the first congress person.
Speaker 1: To it was that Cadence.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's a little jilted, Like I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 7: And I was like, oh, jilt it got left at the altar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was.
Speaker 2: She was just I don't know how that came out, but.
Speaker 5: Yet, did I this being an asshole?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, I love it, and I think I do want to think of it like that she was left at the altar, you know, and that's why she talks like that.
Speaker 5: Her dentures, her dentures were like sorry.
Speaker 2: But yeah. So the other thing too, is like a lot of the shitty cuts that are being proposed, like cuts to snap or like medicaid, they're timing those so they don't hit until the end of his turn to basically make a fucking catastrophe for the next administration, which could be him.
Speaker 7: Exactly do you want to run again?
Speaker 2: But it's weird he's doing the sort of maneuvering as if he's like, man, I'm gonna be out after this, but at least we can reset the clock on making the Democrats be responsible for a financial situation we couldn't be doing.
Speaker 9: He's acting, and so he's going to be out in like another month, like with the amount of shit he's done so.
Speaker 1: Far, totally.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, that's what's crazy about this whole And it has like been only over a few whatever, like three and a half days.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just sprint, not a marathon, and we're like yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, slow your role. There's plenty of time to destroy everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pace yourself.
Speaker 2: Hello, Like, don't burn all your capital, your political capital.
Speaker 1: Like that in one go.
Speaker 2: It stretched it out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Don't do this big, beautiful building.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is what they're doing, right, because this is they could not in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 7: Cut Obamacare. That was remember the town hall's there.
Speaker 1: So they have to kill it indirectly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, But it is still a massive swing to even say the word medicaid. I mean, good on the media whatever is left of it for making that the sole issue. But some Republicans are walking into that trap of being like, oh, medicaid. You know a lot of people are lying when they're on it, and they're openly saying this. The disabled people are lying about it, and it's like m m ooh, that's not going to play well at all. So Donaldan should be fucking worried. And I think this is where the pressure points are. I don't give a shit about the other ones who are like, oh, we haven't found enough cuts, shut up. It's the people who are scared of their own constituents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who know, they're like this has this will be fall off from this, Like even Josh Holly's like, y'all don't fucking medicaid. I don't know, bro, And I'll do the thing where I sound like the I'm gonna be the first one out to try and get myself covered to act like the most sane guy in the Senate by being the first one to be like, that's political suice. I would not do that. That's immoral. And then but I won't stop it if it happened exactly, but I will be you.
Speaker 9: Need to backtrack and get back in Trump's graces later, like everybody has done it. So yeah, it's a lot easier to go out and object and then go back in.
Speaker 7: But the groceries, you know, it's such an old fashioned term.
Speaker 2: When I came up with that term, I remember the year was eighteen fifty nine.
Speaker 1: I came up with the term groceries.
Speaker 2: It was a fantastic day eat those groceries.
Speaker 7: We were right in the precipice of the Civil War.
Speaker 2: I was doing. I was doing on one of my friends, and I realized I did the best us. I didn't have a thing of saying I ate the ass light and then ah groceries.
Speaker 4: You know, I taught him Mari on those those movie.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't hitting when I said, I ate the as like my hull when I got back from the general store with salt, pork and the like included, and I needed something a little bit more concise.
Speaker 6: I also gave him the idea for ice box.
Speaker 2: So one of the things like for just just the things that are timed differently, like snap benefits, right, they wouldn't shift the cost to the states for snap benefits until fiscal year twenty twenty eight. Medicaid work requirements that Republicans are being like, this will this will be like a good three hundred billion dollars hit of savings that won't begin until twenty twenty nine. So they're doing they're trying to do as much too, with also sweeteners to be like there'll be a new Senior Victory Fund grant you can get or a baby.
Speaker 4: Reinventing the shit that we already had.
Speaker 2: They're just well, I don't like but even the thing like right, like the the cutting the taxes on tips and things like that, those aren't even while he did say that, and it's popular, like the economists that like are talking about this are saying, like it's not gonna be that big of a thing. This is quote. It says the proposed tax cuts only apply to income taxes, not payroll taxes. That means the estimated thirty seven percent of tipped workers in the country who didn't make enough money to face federal income taxes in twenty twenty two, that's when this analysis happened, would see no benefits from this proposal. Uh, this is another economistic quote. It is also going to do very little for workers even that received tips at the low to middle part of the income distribution tax relacis.
Speaker 7: We're center tips accurately if at all.
Speaker 9: Come on, Yeah, they're literally just dangling keys hoping we'll get distracted.
Speaker 2: Sure, truly truly, Like there's a lot of stuff that they want to be like, look, everything that's going to be great now, but only to throw money on. Like you know, this is different than twenty seventeen, when like interest rates weren't is high, like getting going even further into the muck with like this dumb like all this ridiculous spending is just going to keep us pretty entrenched in this situation. We're in if not worse, maybe who knows. But again, the thing that can potentially be on the side of maintaining the terrible status quo we have now is that just all the Republican infighting. But Trump is determined because again, none of his policies are popular enough to just take on a vote on its own. So it has, like to your point, Francesca, it has to happen through reconciliation. Because I've said, hey, I need a one trillion dollar let's terrorize the immigrants fund. They're gonna say get like, no, no one's gonna fucking vote.
Speaker 5: They're also gonna say, how you're gonna pay for it, right, and so that's why they have to do it by cutting Medicaid, which then yeah, but this has always been the Republican's problem when they're in the majority too, they're always infighting because you know, it's all between you know, the budget hawks and then just like the anti immigrant psychos who are like, hey, we didn't take down every single gay flag in this bill, didn't say to you know, burn them. So I'm not gonna vote for this, and everyone's got their little pet issue. But they again I can't believe again we're still like we've stopped talking about Elon a little bit, but.
Speaker 7: Like we should not. You know, I was the dozer is.
Speaker 5: Doing are still and the access to our information is still very alive.
Speaker 2: We talked about that on yesterday's episode about how like there's this article in Politico that's trying to act like Elon's gone away, and I'm like, you guys are fucking playing yourselves and their readers by being like, and he's gone.
Speaker 1: Trump doesn't even talk about him.
Speaker 2: It's like, there's again, Trump is not turning his back on the richest man in the world who got him into office and who knows what other fucking shit that he helped enable, like just with his money and influence, like to then be like and and now like none of the Republicans are talking about.
Speaker 1: It's like you're just gearing up for midterms.
Speaker 2: So people can't be like Elon Musk is doing all this stuff, but let's be real saying he's a stain on fucking everything.
Speaker 9: Yep, No, no, Elon's gone. We're fine on that. Biden was actually a good guy. And don't look at is reel it's not doing anything right now, don't wory about it don't even do anything.
Speaker 2: They're just you know, there's just a terrible sun spike in the humanitarian crisis there with the lack of any just like they're continuing to bomb hospitals.
Speaker 1: Nothing has changed.
Speaker 2: Nothing. So anyway, we'll see what happens with this endeavor that the Republicans are you know, getting ready to undertake this week. So hopefully, I don't know, hopefully fizzles out, but they're gonna they're definitely gonna do fucking everything they can to try and get as many Yes, well it's as possible.
Speaker 1: But the margins are thin, like.
Speaker 2: Walmart's profit margins, as they say, that's why they're worried about the tariffs next one. So I don't know if you saw the clip of like Bruce Springsteen just like just you know, doing like very boilerplate criticism of Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: He's like he's immoral, he's corrupt.
Speaker 4: DeNiro like de Niro's taking a stand against him. Just that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean at least he said fuck that guy made Bruce was, hey, man, this guy's bad, and I'm like, yeah, that's true. I think he was in the UK when he said that, So that was.
Speaker 7: There's some things happening, not good things in the world.
Speaker 2: Bruce, Yeah, some bad stuff, like what specifically. I'm a little too insulated to know specifically what things.
Speaker 1: But I hear it's bad and corrupt.
Speaker 9: Podcast partner Barack used to tell me some stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Barry used to tell me some wild stuff man about the the way that we can use drones now to do shit. I had no idea, had no idea.
Speaker 4: What I'm talking about. I'm talking about some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Donald Dump, that's him. He's bad. So he said this. This set off a fucking truth social storm on Monday morning at one thirty four a m. This is what Trump just, for whatever reason, starts ship posting quote how much did Kamala Harris pay Bruce Springsteen for his poor performance during her campaign for president? Why did he accept that money? If he's such, if he is such a fan of hers, isn't that a major and illegal campaign contribution? What about Beyonce? He did put the accent mark on the e B he would have died that. He doesn't He doesn't want to smoke with Hinds. He doesn't want the Hive pair, I guess, or maybe Seattle correct? And how much went to Oprah and Bono. I'm going to call for a major investigation into this matter. Candidates aren't allowed to pay for endorsements, which is what Kamala did under the guise of paying for entertainment. In addition, this was a very expensive and desperate effort to artificially build up for whatever. Bh blah blah blah. It's fucking nonsense.
Speaker 5: How much has Vanilla I scotten for performing at mar a Lago? Like the money that they have to shell out to get anyone to show up right to their shit? I mean, Snoop Snoop was at their inauguration. Carrie Underwood was at the inauguration. But that being said, I also kind of wanted investigation on how much money was spent on celebrities. A billion dollars in what was it three months that the Harris campaign spent.
Speaker 7: But it is it's just so fragile.
Speaker 2: You won You want also, motherfucker, You're out here switching up fucking Pardons to get black people to wear MAGA hats like fucking low Wayne and Kodak Black, Like, what what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: You're the most transactional motherfucker.
Speaker 4: We've ever boss got mad at me.
Speaker 9: That just shows you I don't I don't want anybody from Jersey to do.
Speaker 2: We call him the boss anyway, imagine, well he may be the boss, but I'm the commander in chief. So so fuck out of here and everything he said because he's so he loves Bruce Springsteen music. You know that's true. Like he's played it. They've told him, bro, do not play this ship. He played it at a thing in New Jersey.
Speaker 4: I think it also feels like music of or.
Speaker 2: No he said something, or maybe he was talking shit about I know at one point he liked Bruce Springsteen, but then Bruce Springsteen's like, now, fuck out of here, and then he's like, what't fuck you then forever and it's been yeah, I never liked you anyway. Yo.
Speaker 5: I it's also just really terrifying because I just saw this an hour ago. I guess the president of CBS is resigning, saying the company and I don't agree on the path forward, likely in relationship to the Trump lawsuit, because Trump again is trying to sue CBS for editing an interview right with Kamala Harris to make her sound minimally more cogent. Because of course everyone should edit those fucking interviews. It was a funny, funnily enough, an interview question about Gaza.
Speaker 7: It was long winded.
Speaker 6: They edited it.
Speaker 5: They do this all the time. Fox News edited the shit out of their like one one with Donald Trump on the campaign trail, making him look far more you know, sane and just it's just scary, right because you're like this kind of retribution or whatever he's doing all these investigations, like I mean, look, anything to take the heat off, Like I don't know, a woman selling to Molly's on the street, Like that's good. Like, but I'm also like people are capitulating, you know, like what's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, so is did the CBS the head of CBS resign because they wanted to capitulate.
Speaker 7: That's unclear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know, but that's unclear.
Speaker 7: So it could be like she was like, no, I'm I think we should pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's probably that makes more sense because then they would be like, well, I don't want smoke, I'm going to resign.
Speaker 1: And then they're be like, what do you think.
Speaker 5: I think she resigned because she doesn't want to pay. She probably wants to fight it.
Speaker 1: Oh, and then the pressure is to be like fuck it, right.
Speaker 9: Oh, we need that money to pay for more TV shows about Afghan warwitz or whatever. And they're pet Indians who are supposed to play afgamings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like because there was like, uh, I mean the ship is still going back and forth within sixty minutes to be like, man, I fuck out of here, bro, You're not gonna tell us what to fucking do. And there's yeah there and yeah and there had Oh my god, to just go cry on your big pile of money.
Speaker 4: How much I would love to cry on a big pile of money.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Do you think you'd be able to even cry? Like wait to hold the flight.
Speaker 1: I'm on a pile of money.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, like really beautiful, decent proposal, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, yeah, way through it.
Speaker 2: Gab in your eyes with your fucking one hundred dollars bills and they get a terrible eye infection because money is filthy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick.
Speaker 4: Break by healthcare.
Speaker 1: Hey you can.
Speaker 2: We'll come back to talk about the American dream, but the one you win via reality.
Speaker 1: Show after this, and we're back. We're back. And did you guys see the new Jurassic World rebirth trailer no.
Speaker 2: I actually I saw that it came out like two days ago, and I stopped myself because I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 1: That I don't want to see too.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the trailer yet.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit excited about it too because the so the one thing that's giving me hope is that Gareth Edwards is directing it. He's a guy who made like Rogue one and the Creator and like started off with an indie movie that like was somehow like a low budget indie movie that also was about giant monsters. And he also made that Godzilla movie that was like kind of divisive but a massive hit. But like he's always with Puff.
Speaker 3: Daddy and Jimmy Page.
Speaker 2: That one not that one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that one's like a universal disaster. Everybody agreed that one sucks. Shit that I think that was.
Speaker 2: That was the Ken Wattenabe one right when he when he first joined That one that's from that.
Speaker 1: Was Rolling Emeric.
Speaker 3: I think, hey man, that soundtrack was hot. I'm just saying never I remember the best raid one of the best rage songs, No Shelter, Yeah, man, that was so much good stuff. I had that sound You remember why Deeper Underground. That was the first time I heard that song.
Speaker 2: I remember I buying that soundtrack and my dad was like, why are you listening, Nick? What is this remix of Kashmir?
Speaker 1: And I'm like what.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this has come with me Puff Daddy him. I'm like, no surprise, come with me and You're like, what the fuck? What is?
Speaker 3: And then the SNL performance were Jimmy Page and Puff Daddy shirt.
Speaker 2: And then I remember my dad was like, you'd really fuck with Led Zeppelin if you think this is good, and I'm like all right, and then that's when he I remember he talked to me about John Bonham for fifteen minutes and I I got so bored. I remember, like, dude, I got a fucking oh my god, Wow, I get it. Wow. He somehow plays just behind the beat for this interesting pocket feel.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck, right, but the only used one mic his son tried to do.
Speaker 2: He didn't quite have the same chops as Bonzo.
Speaker 12: I'm like, okay, fuck, dude, can we go to Taco Bell to get this Gordiina. I'm trying to get the Z piece to spell out Godzilla to win this family a fucking billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was the least that Diddy like did not add a lot to that song. I'm going to say, And I know it's controversial to speak ill of Ditty right now.
Speaker 3: No, literally, like metrically speaking, I don't think he added much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he would just like kind of shouted over it.
Speaker 2: He's like, what if Kashmir was this other song I yelled on top of it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What if I yelled on top of cash? Would that be cool? But anyways, this director has always seemed faded to make a Jurassic Park movie. They are dropping these things fast and furious. They're just you know, they they ended the last trilogy and this must have already been in production. They were like the final Jurassic One movie. I just saw the original. I have never seen it after that. The original Jurassic Park is a perfect film. It's very good, still holds up.
Speaker 2: I love it. Every time they re release it, I go see it because I'm permanently stuck at like nine years old when from me when it came out, and I'm like, oh, totally. That's also why, for whatever reason, I think, you know, I've had a tough hear I think I need this to be my regression, to regress in the purest fucking way.
Speaker 1: Don't fuck this up for me, Gareth. They haven't. So here's the thing that they haven't tried doing since the first Jurassic Park is they haven't tried making.
Speaker 2: A good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess they try. Maybe I could help them with that. Thank you. This is you're a couple of steps ahead of me, but you caught that lot, you know. Steven Spielberg made the second one and it was like it had some amazing sequences, but overall it was pretty bad. Not one of Steven Spielberg's best movies. And they I feel like Jurassic World the reboot, like after the first three that were like based around the original movie, the reboot Jurassic World, like I kind of think of that as the point at which we were fucked as like film goers, because it is it's the perfect encapsulation of this new model where instead of like people who love movies being the head of like development in studios, they had marketing teams as the head of studios, and like they were just like, well, we got to like make a Jurassic Park movie where like the park's actually open right, and it's like, yeah, that's a that is an easy movie to make, like great trailers for and like ads around and like the premise is just like fucking surefire. And then you know the notes like apparently it was just an impossible movie to make and it was kind of a mess. It was very like me. So there there is a Durrassic Park ride that is based around rafts that is like kind of the main one I think at Universal and that one is it Like people were always like it's kind of weird because the book that the original movie is based on like the centerpiece, like the most exciting sequence and kind of the most like cinematic the first one. Like after reading the book that as a like twelve year old, I was like, well, that's gonna be an awesome movie. Scene is a raft chase, and Spielberg just didn't end up putting it in because they had plenty without it. I guess that they have put in this movie. This movie is written by the writer of the original Drastic Park screenplay, and it like the trailer is like heavily featuring this raft chase where like a t Rex is like chasing them down a river.
Speaker 2: I remember they which showed a section of it in the first one.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa, Yeah, they really kind of let you know that this is gonna They really let it breathe in this one.
Speaker 2: There's something terrifying though about like a t Rex being slowed by water and you're in a boat. Like that's even more psychologically fucked up. We're like, yeah, fuck, I'm look the slow Yeah, because at least they.
Speaker 1: Were in the jeep when they were running from the t Rex in the first one. Yeah, have you ever been like trying to run in water as fast for a mater Rex?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Rex?
Speaker 2: Yeah in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Spielberg apparently storyboarded the sequence for the original movie. They just never shot it. I think it was also like crazy expensive when you look at.
Speaker 3: Between it was probably between that and the part where the dinosaurs eat the dude in the in the bathroom stall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lawyer. They chose wisely get the loos. Yeah. When you look at the making of that original movie, it's like there's a lot of it's kind of a miracle because like so little of it is actually cgi, Like most of it's just puppets and shit like that, and then they just like mixed in moments of CGI, which is why so much CGI since then has been so fucked because everyone was like, well they did Jurassic Park with CGI.
Speaker 2: Some some some.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did some. CGI was like seventy percent amazing, like the best in class practical effects we'd seen on film up to that point, plus like some shading from the CGI. Yeah, It's like it's still fucking stan Winston's genius that made that film possible. It's like his creatures, the Stan Winston creatures are like the fucking real engine of that movie visually.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But our writer J M McNab was, he's he's been on this for a while like that first his theory is that Steven Spielberg even like made Jurassic Park in the first place because he gets a cut of Universal Studios money, and he was like, this is gonna be a sick ride. People are gonna go to this. This is gonna be like the best ride that I've ever made. And he also points out like the ride is based on that scene in the movie, So there there's always a chance that Spielberg is like kind of pulling the strings here to be like what if we did we finally made the River raft Ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because then I guess his first bite of the apple would have been the ET Adventure as a universal ride. That's probably the thing that got him the deal where they're like, hey, man, if you want to like make some rides based on your movies, like we'll give you a cut of the gate at the parks. And the ET Ride was fine. I mean, the ET did say your name at the end. If it was in a name of a database of traditional names, a computer could say some traditional yeah, because I remember I remember going with my Japanese cousin. Her name's Mesucle and I'm Miles. In the beginning, they're like say your name or you type it in, and it was like goodbye, Miles.
Speaker 1: And then my cousin.
Speaker 2: They're like, it's gonna say your name, Mescle, and it's like just it was just like they're like, yeah, yeah, but her Martha or something.
Speaker 1: Goodbye honey, good bye sweetheart, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyways that I don't know. The rebirth subtitle is actually Giving Friday the thirteenth sequel where they made a Jason Dies movie and then we're already in production on the like Jason Lives one like that they're just like cranked out. But a lot of the big action moments actually are like have dinosaurs coming out of the water, which kind of reminds me of Jaws. I feel like it's it's giving Jaws. Johansson is like shooting one of the dinosaurs with like a spear gun, just like in Jaws.
Speaker 2: So I saw that the trailer there was like that mega dinosaur that like flops out of the water next to that boat, and I was like, yeah, wow, oh wow, you said the dinosaur's name, like you're hanging out with your kids a bunch who probably you're.
Speaker 3: Clearly book for this.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a cute children's book called Papasaurus and one one of the dinosaur friends that this this kid is playing. This dinosaur kid is playing hide and seek with his dad and one of the dinosaurs he visits task if they've seen his dad is the most of saurus, and that most of the saurus is a little nicer than the one in this trailer. Oh wow, thank you.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not scary, it's not scary, watch it. I'll watch it. But yeah, and sorry, did you say muscle saurus mosa mosa Okay, I'm thinking like proteinosaurus or something. No, yeah, yeah, ripped the cred creodactyl. I think there's some dactyls in this one. That is my favorite thing about this. The later movies, I guess they didn't really have the ability to some dactyls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to get technically, dinosaurs get sucked up in the sky by a fucking pterodactyl.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's big money bro sucked off into that.
Speaker 3: That's a fatality right there, exactly fatality.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So we do want to end on some good news, and that is that, according to a new study, the universe and everything in it will decay into nothingness way sooner than anyone expected. Oh thank god.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's the ideal thing. We all go together and we don't have to feel bad, you know. So what is it like in like three weeks or what are you hey?
Speaker 8: I you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, let it dude, let's GHIBBLI meme it up. I'm a job yeah, before.
Speaker 3: Bearing on my love.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they used to think it was going to be ten to the power of one that eleven hundred years. They used to think it was going to be ten to the power of eleven hundred years, but now it's apparently going to be ten to the power of seventy eight years. So one followed by seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Zeros and that's soon.
Speaker 1: Sooner. So this is the true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by orders of magnitude, I guess seventy eight and eleven hundred.
Speaker 1: Ah well, all right, fine, Well up a little earlier this morning. Once I read this news, I was like, I got some shit to do, man.
Speaker 2: I got to grind it out, dude, add those add that one extra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get my affairs in order.
Speaker 2: You start talking like a grindset dude, You're like, nah, dude, I saw that headline about the universe.
Speaker 1: Any I woke up an hour earlier.
Speaker 2: Okay, add that up over a week, I've got a slight advantage over you. Add that up over a half a year. I definitely have. I've been doing about a three weeks more worth of work than you have. Add that over ten years. Man, I'm gone.
Speaker 1: You gone. In the morning, I'm standing over you, shredded, shirtless.
Speaker 2: And guess what, and I'm the doctor I just delivered you for birth. We started to clock over. That's how ahead of my time. I am okay counting my money, counting my big coin. That's an actual thing I saw on a YouTube short where guy's like, you got to think of this way, man, I'm waking up with those two extra hours. I don't sleep. You had that up over He like extrapolates that. He's like, within three years, I've actually done seven lifetimes worth the work that you haven't.
Speaker 1: And you're like, no, you just sound sleep like.
Speaker 2: Thirty five companies. Yeah, no, precisely. It's that kind of like just very loose logic.
Speaker 1: We're like, yeah, companies, I've I've bought way more crypto.
Speaker 2: I've lost like three teeth because I started doing ice baths.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, exactly right. But yeah, so this is because the universe will gradually decay due to Hawking radiation, first proposed by Stephen Hawking, which involves particles and quantum fluctuations and a bunch of stuff. I totally understand about black holes that I'm not going to bore you guys with right now, even though, like I said, I understand it it's boring to you. Tootuine like you, I can see how it would be boring.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty interested. So, like, what can you kind of explain that?
Speaker 1: So that's all the time we have for today, it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of a shorter episode. No you sure, or like, what do you?
Speaker 1: It all comes back to a black hole.
Speaker 2: This is how you got to understand and.
Speaker 1: Some where black hole's event horizon, the intense labitational field prevents annihilation. Obviously we all know that, right. Sure do you ever be like a physicist or a scientist to have like something named after you? You know what I mean? I mean, unless you want to be How do I get into that? Like, unless somebody like wants to name it after me? Well, you know when they're which I would recommend the O'Brien bullshit scale, the bullshometer, dude, he's the charge O'Brien scalometer.
Speaker 2: It's a three point six on the open.
Speaker 1: Basically, So the event horizon, uh process that I was just describing that we all understand over long time scales, Hoggings theory suggests, and this is just how I talk, I'm not quoting space dot com here, over long time scales, Howkings theory suggests. This process causes the black hole to slowly evaporate, eventually vanishing, and once that happens, all bets.
Speaker 2: Are off, you know, way to get I'm just like, I'm like, how, but what would the experience like? Do we all just like like go to turn to dust like some Fano slap snap. But then I'm reading about how the end of the universe would cause a big crunch where everything goes and then that would set off another big bang and we start the universe all over again. Kind of beautiful, kind of.
Speaker 1: It'll like be a big crunch and then we'll realize we were just like some particle in some other like vast thing. We're just like minuscule dust on the ass of some other thing.
Speaker 2: Fade to black, and then Bob Dylan song comes up slowly.
Speaker 1: And you said that you and your wife sing other music in Bob Dylan's voice. What's the what's the best match you found there?
Speaker 3: Oh man, oh god? Can I think of something else day to I don't know, maybe like something like Green Day, I said.
Speaker 13: Him going down Rodale with my shotgun, with my shotgun, like the tea wagon. I want the machines that are making them all right.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it. For this week's Weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show If you like the show U means the world the miles he he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to him Monday by
Speaker 3: Sing