Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 2: Thursday, You're looking live at Toastedos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is a comfortable ninety degrees.
Speaker 3: The high today is ninety four, the low tonight is seventy six. And we are going to talk some football today. We try to get excited about this Cardinals team.
Speaker 4: Kurt, how you always excited?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What was for lunch day?
Speaker 6: Kurt?
Speaker 4: I just had a salad?
Speaker 3: Salad?
Speaker 7: Nate?
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm great, man, I'm excited and just overjoyed that the Cowboys have a bye week this week?
Speaker 7: And oh my, what do you have for lunch today?
Speaker 9: A bye week special? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: So they had Arizonian food down there, did they?
Speaker 3: They try to do something from the opposing city, but.
Speaker 4: I don't know. One of the dishes with salmon. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Have that the week you play the Dolphins or.
Speaker 9: San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Great point, Nate, Could this be a trap game? Because it doesn't. I don't think anybody in the media or anybody that follows this team is even excited this week to cover football. We're three weeks in and it's just kind of like, yeah, okay, who's next.
Speaker 8: No, it's not a trap game because you know, for me and I'm going back to my old days.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: We once we got the we were more scout of than scared of Jimmy, our head coach, than you know, than.
Speaker 9: That possible trap game.
Speaker 8: Because if we didn't go out there and beat and beat this team at least win by a touchdown, the practice the following week was the trap.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you fell right into this hard too. Three days.
Speaker 8: But instead of having a Wednesday Thursday, we have Wednesday, Thursday.
Speaker 9: And Friday with pads on.
Speaker 8: So we rather just beat the beat the cow walking out of the team than to face Jimmy. So, uh, I know that can't happen, you know now, but uh is the season is still young and fresh, and you got enough young guys on this team and enough guys that are still young that are hunger and pursuing to have personal goals as well as team goals that they're pursuing.
Speaker 9: So don't worry about the truce.
Speaker 4: You're an old guy. You don't care them.
Speaker 8: You just now if you're old guy, you and you ain't starting and you're on the practice squad, you just happy to be hanging around.
Speaker 9: You got a cow bay round your neck, and they say, way old.
Speaker 3: Now you hit that Bill, Kurt, are you excited for the game?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: You know, don't do that, he's telling me, don't get you can get it caught at the trap, I mean.
Speaker 10: The first one.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not like thinking it's gonna be a train a minute. I think they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Look on the screen. Where's Jesse.
Speaker 9: I don't know. He may got called the trap game. Man, I ain't gonna show up. They let they and all them handled it. Man, Let Kurt handle it.
Speaker 3: Kurt, you to talk more today, Lord in trouble. Are you excited? Can you get excited?
Speaker 4: I'm excited just to watch the team play. I think they're gonna kill him.
Speaker 9: Well, hold on, hold on? Can we feel you need talk?
Speaker 10: Can you.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm just too excited to see what the offense does. I'm excited to see how the three yea three hundreds. You know, the defense is gonna give up less than ten points. And but as far as excited about is this gonna be a close game or is it a trap game? Nah, they'll take care.
Speaker 3: Of because I mean the first game, the first game was the first game of the season. You know, you think you're gonna be pretty good. You don't know it's the Giants. You think the Giants might have something with Daniel Jones, and then that happens, and then you can say, I was the weather and the turnover early and you know, so then you're excited for the Jets game because it's like, hey, this is a really good let's see what it's a little bit of a letdown because Aaron Rodgers wasn't here, it would have been a different story. But you want to see the defense against our offense, and then that was kind of a letdown. And now it's just kind of like who's next week.
Speaker 9: Already?
Speaker 4: Shut?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Week five?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I mean you're gonna be interested to see next week because Belichick's coming to town.
Speaker 8: And you know, the Sea Wheel takeaway on defense, and see takeaway.
Speaker 3: On He's going to isolate somebody and make sure they're a non factor on both sides of balls. So at least you got some game plan you're looking for.
Speaker 7: But I mean, this is what I was nothing on this team.
Speaker 3: James Connor.
Speaker 7: Okay, zach Ertz always shows up against the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: He is the heartbeat.
Speaker 8: Yes, if you watch the Washington game, if you watch the RESK, if you watch the New York game, I mean every run he's exciting.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: He would hit the whole hard. Uh, he would try to get a little extra, trying to keep He knows that they don't have closing talent. And what I mean by closing talent is a CD Lamb Tony Pollard. Guys that at the end of the game, you can you can bet the coach is gonna be trying to get him the ball so they can make a play. They don't have a Michael Parsons who can close the game on CD Lamb. I mean our digs that can get something out of there. You know what I'm saying, Pick something off of courage that maken make a big hit. You know, they don't have any closers We talked about that yesterday with Jesse.
Speaker 9: You know, they don't have any closers.
Speaker 8: So even with the game this last game with the Giants, the offense was I mean, they was clicking. Joshua Dodges was throwing boom, Mike Wilson the young receiver catching the ball er you know, had six catches.
Speaker 9: They moving down the field. But then in the middle of the third.
Speaker 8: Quarter, it's like the Giants players start rising up and their players started just leveling off, you know.
Speaker 4: And consider Connor a closer, is that just because he does anything around him?
Speaker 9: He need a player winning, He need another a player.
Speaker 8: And watch thre Jesse to get here repeat probably the same thing a little bit more eloquently than me.
Speaker 9: I'm just as blue collar.
Speaker 3: Definitely a little bit longer.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, So I mean we you know, you know, just as our closer.
Speaker 9: He's out beginner and I finished.
Speaker 8: But I'm excited for the fact that these guys get to add something else to that legacy. Uh, you always have a reason to play. And and I'll say this, like for our defense, can we uh close close these guys out? Can we keep them really under ten points? Will we play within the framework of our defense. Because what you have to worry about now is you start a liveit with Diggs last week. Is he's getting a little bored, you know, so he's taking chances and a lot of times, well a couple of times, not a lot of times.
Speaker 9: I did not want to put that on the kid. A couple of times he was out of place and it.
Speaker 8: Just so happened that our defensive front covered that mistake for him and had the quarterback throwing it off his back foot. So you those are the first guys to get bored, then the next guys to get bored. Even though he's a great player and he's playing great, is you hoping that Parsons stays focused challenge?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because if he stays focused, then everybody else can feed.
Speaker 9: Like last year, you heard meself a couple of times, why did he just run inside?
Speaker 8: He let the quarterback get outside a couple of times in a couple of games, and it hurt us down the stretch. But if he stays focused, and that keeps everybody else focused. And I'm hoping Layton has a voice in that room with hey, hey, fellas, this is the defense we're running. Let's stay focused and I'm hoping that guys like Jonathan Hankins can stay focused and keep these young guys focused.
Speaker 4: Parsons seeing you always hear the stories about Michael Jordan, he'd find something. Yes, motivated still does Yeah, there something to hate about that. Parson seems like that he does.
Speaker 3: But Dware, whenever I think it was my it was the we were in the playoffs, and I think I talked about it on the show. I talked to him about Michael. This is Michael's rookie year, and I was like, is he that good because he's smart. People don't realize how football smart he is, Like he's brilliant, savvy, and he was like de Ware was like, his biggest challenge is going to be He's like, he's that good. He goes, but his biggest challenge is going to be staying focused and not getting bored in meetings and because he knows so much losing that not paying attention because he's so much better.
Speaker 9: And he's so much gifted.
Speaker 8: See, what he has to fight against is his talent versus his knowledge. Because if he gets frustrated, he gonna say, in his mind, Mom's just gonna run around this dude. Well, if you run around this dude and you're supposed to stay tight, close up and set. This is for his running. You run around this dude and they run up inside you. We got to you know what I'm saying. And that's the game inside the game, Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: He's got the talent to probably get a sack on every play if you just said go yeah, but the gap assignment body laying into Ay, yes sir, and that's what he has to do.
Speaker 4: What did you do me?
Speaker 9: I had to stay in line because you know, I had to do what Step say?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 9: Step, what's to play your block? Which, like I played Step to this day.
Speaker 8: But I love Step and I hate Step because if Step would have left early in my career, I would have had to learn to play book and I would have had to learn football.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my step, not by him being that we had our little co work. Step.
Speaker 8: He'll point there like Okay, I got this guy out. He'll point here, Yeah, I got this guy.
Speaker 10: He help you.
Speaker 9: Yeah. So uh.
Speaker 8: Even even Tony Wise played along with it. The offensive line coach, he would leave out of the room. Here, give us our tests because we had to have tests for every game and Tony Wise like, oh man, I'm gonna get some coffee because he knew Step I'm one of the quickest writers in the world.
Speaker 3: What happened if you failed your test before the game?
Speaker 9: I still started because Step was gonna tell me. That's why I tail from their head. Football players are not dumb. We're lazy. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh and even to the point sometime to the detriment of yourself and the team, because we've seen guys be like, what was the defensive tackle that was here?
Speaker 7: Let's rephrase that football players are lazy some of it.
Speaker 3: They're not football dumb. I've met some.
Speaker 9: Not smart football players. The things I did off the field.
Speaker 10: You can play you.
Speaker 3: Can play football at this level and not be smart. You've got to be football genius savage level.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because some of the moves we make.
Speaker 3: I think maybe the reason we started to show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's start show, not the intro, start to show.
Speaker 3: We just let Jesse do his uht.
Speaker 6: Shannon Jesse together, we make with the boys the sports talk equivalent of brow people fee.
Speaker 9: Yeah together that we were talking about the cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were eating the cheese, just talking about.
Speaker 8: Your boy, the cheese, your boy and the cheese.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean we asked if it was a trap.
Speaker 3: We asked if it was a trap game, and then talking about how it seems like even people in the media can't really get up for this game and talking about why, and I think maybe the reason for me is the Cardinals if they've not had anything else ever on their team, They've always had one or two really good receivers.
Speaker 7: And you look at the receivers Marquise Brown, Hollywood, Rondelle Moore, and Michael Wilson.
Speaker 3: None of those guys excite me.
Speaker 7: You've had, you know, even Christian Kirk not putting him up there with these guys and Kwi Bolden fitz Gerald.
Speaker 3: You've always had something. There's no star power on their team. James Connor, we were talking about hell of a running back, but not nobody jumps off the zach Ertz always shows up for the Cowboys, but still not a not somebody that gets you like, oh, we got to watch this guy. So we're talking about being a trap game. Nate doesn't think it is. We were talking about Micah his biggest enemy is gonna be getting bored or saying I'm just gonna go freelance.
Speaker 6: No, no, I think, especially with it being this early in the season, is so much still has to be.
Speaker 9: Can you make it sound better than mine?
Speaker 10: Be quiet?
Speaker 6: With so much still at hand for the for the Cowboys, And I just think this team is just literate with so many leaders. Like a lot of times those trap games come from teams who don't have the leaders this team have. Micah dak jy Ron Curs, Tyron Smith, Zach Martin.
Speaker 8: Hold on, man, you you you you can't cheat and listen.
Speaker 10: To the show now, No, did you say the stuff?
Speaker 9: I didn't go as deep as you we knew. I won't go it is. I just use the first three players.
Speaker 6: But right, but but but then that that game that means that you actually know what you're talking about today?
Speaker 10: And I repeat it.
Speaker 6: No, But I think for a trap game being this early in the year, with so much ahead of you, understanding you know if the goal is you know, car pay Omnia, right, seize everything, take everything? Games like this don't go for granted. Games like this are.
Speaker 10: Are you know what that?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: How you pronounce it?
Speaker 10: Car pay Omnia?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Seize everything?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: And games like this these teams know, let's if we do our work early we can party later. Right, Let's let's come out. Let's be efficient offensively as well. Yeah, sach party, Yeah yeah, let's be efficient. Let's be let's be aggressive early on, do our jobs. And even in watching these two teams play, like while the organization is doing this organic tank thing, they can say whatever they want.
Speaker 10: They are organic tanking. They want Caleb Williams.
Speaker 6: But there's players like Josh Dobbs who are like, I'm not really a part of this organization, right, Like I just got here a month ago, and like my job is to do the very best that I can so that I can keep employment getting a good take. Same thing with James Connor, Like you'll see certain guys you can just tell going back to yesterday's when we broke the defense.
Speaker 10: Down, right, the names aren't there, the effort is there.
Speaker 6: They just don't have the talented names to really put a lot of threat into the game. But there's players like John Josh Dobbs wants to win the game. Like in his heart of hearts, yes, you can tell it. He wants to win the game. He wants to do the very best he absolutely can because in his mind, this is my audition for employment. Now and employment in the future.
Speaker 7: And showing the replay on the NFL network, which I'm wondering, why would they show that of all games.
Speaker 6: James Connor the same way because the Giants play night, right, Yeah, they played the Niners tonight. So I just think there's certain guys on this team who are looking to like, we're we're a part of this organization. But we have not bought into that to that way of thinking. We we we still un employment, We're still putting good fem out there.
Speaker 10: We're good players.
Speaker 4: And on the other side of the ball, there's you're saying that even if there may be guys on the team that are kind of like, eh, we got this, you know whatever, there's enough surrounding them, enough guys like Parsons be like, no, we're.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I think this team is completely locked in on on on the goals at hand. And and and even like defensively, don't think for one second those guys don't see all the stats we're put You're putting out, Bobby's putting out, other guys are putting out and they're saying, you know what, we've only given up five points a game.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it keeping going.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like, let's let's see how far we can keep it.
Speaker 6: You know, we got ten turnover was already fellas can we add how can we find ourselves being the best defense in NFL history.
Speaker 3: We have a chance to pad our stats big time this game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those things, those things, yeah, those things don't go miss that.
Speaker 10: They're there, dan Quinn, and and.
Speaker 3: Bonuses are tied to this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys in the room right listen, bro, Like, we could do something historic right now if we want to be the best. These are the games you go when you shut teams out and you put up a couple more turnovers, a couple more sacks, and now we start funding ourselves in those in those conversations with you know, notes early being one of the best defenses or teams overall in the league.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, we'll talk a little more. I don't know what we'll talk Cowboys defense tomorrow. We're not doing that today, No tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Nate edge Groupier loved your story.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 12: Fall is here. That means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games. Tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 10: Grab some today.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: See if geek has your back.
Speaker 11: No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates.
Speaker 10: Fan the Seat Gig.
Speaker 11: Not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years, Fan seat Gig has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after they Sea Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 10: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 14: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range and of course spicy casun fried corn.
Speaker 10: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 15: Hanging with the Bulls, Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: It's presented each and every day by Wingstop Play. And that's a great question.
Speaker 10: Did he did he practice yesterday?
Speaker 16: He did?
Speaker 7: Feeling good Good And the second segment each and every day is brought to you by blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Thank you blockchain dot com. Did you is there an injury report from yesterday?
Speaker 4: Practice report?
Speaker 6: I didn't see one jumping ahead jumping ahead in our in our advertising segment, I.
Speaker 10: Saw chicksaw dating vain outside. It looks pretty cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah it does.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I was like, okay, I need.
Speaker 3: To download that out?
Speaker 10: Do you want to? They do like speed dating like on the on the boulevard out here? I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: What's that suv doing?
Speaker 10: Just just here? Like no there, they're based.
Speaker 3: They're based in the Star, yes.
Speaker 11: Know that?
Speaker 14: And you no?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they're based out How do I know that?
Speaker 9: Stop?
Speaker 3: I've said two things.
Speaker 9: And you didn't hear.
Speaker 3: You didn't understand.
Speaker 4: So if you want to injury, yes, Cooks was limited to the knee Odoga limited with an elbow curse out with an illness. Martin did not practice for an ankle. Tyler Smith limited hamstring. Wilson was full with his calf.
Speaker 10: Okay, that sounds he made me back.
Speaker 4: Where's Wilson fit into all this defensive picture?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: I mean one, you Thomas and markeis Belvin playing well?
Speaker 9: Yeah? But he will.
Speaker 10: Yeah there and and they'll probab to give him a pitch count.
Speaker 6: They'll probably get don with on a pitch count early on, but he's getting back in there, Yes, sir.
Speaker 10: For sure.
Speaker 4: Thanks safeties on them.
Speaker 3: Since we're talking defense, let's do what we did yesterday.
Speaker 9: Let's run through it real quick.
Speaker 3: Tell me good or is there anybody in here that's.
Speaker 6: Man, We're gonna run through the same issue we ran into your not issue. But this football team's good, bro.
Speaker 3: Nobody here that's well, there's there's one I think that we got to see more too small of a sample size, But everybody else is.
Speaker 6: This is a good this roster from and this is this is the reason we've been able to say that, this is the reason why I get so kind of up and arms when it comes to me and you too, shennon about this thing gotta go, This thing gotta go to Vegas. Man, this has to be a Vegas trip team because this team.
Speaker 3: You don't get rosters like this.
Speaker 7: You just don't because every year it's gonna be what at least twenty five percent of your roster, right, So.
Speaker 3: This roster, I don't know if you can get better than this roster.
Speaker 6: We literally talked about the Arizona roster yesterday and just how many dudes on this roster, just about how many no names on this rock?
Speaker 10: And I mean that respectfully.
Speaker 6: I don't mean that in a disrespectful way of no names because somebody it's not proven that don't have the accolades, that there aren't household names, that guys who we don't fear, we just don't. And then we look at our roster and it's littered, littered with most of these guys on both sides of the ball. For the Cowboys, like they would start on just about at their position, they would most likely start on just about every other roster in the National Football League, and if they're not starting, it'll be an argument on if they should start or not, Like like.
Speaker 3: Your backups could start on a half the NFL team get the second string on the depth chart, like DeMarcus Larns really good, Michael Parsons unbelievably God this world, Gilmore really good, Digs really good, Curse really good, Wilson really good, Hooker really good, and then you got Doron bland Leyton, vander Esh Durrance Osa.
Speaker 6: It's good, It's gonna be it's gonna be difficult for them to find jerseys for these guys on game day. God, Like we just talked about it in the break with with Donovan Wilson coming back this week. We're like, he pulled off one of your Thomas, You're pulling off Marque's belt. You're like, dang, these them two jokers are playing really well. It's it's yeah, it's it's a difficult task, man. Jorge Lewis is coming back. What do you find when you flying snaps for Jordan Lewis? Because does he play over you know, Diggs or Gilmore, you know, find some some slot some slot reps for him. But this, this roster is one that is man and defensively is probably it's probably more stout than offense.
Speaker 10: Than offense, you have more superstar type.
Speaker 3: How how good of a year is Trayvon Heaving? Two games in?
Speaker 9: But good? Just good, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 4: Like you said, he's a couple of instances where he's benefited from that healthy pass, healthy pass rush's playing good.
Speaker 9: But well, don't ask PFF that.
Speaker 4: Yeah they got him ranked like number two, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Do they really?
Speaker 16: He's number two?
Speaker 9: Next maybe the first game was he all that, the first game of the second game was he got shaky?
Speaker 6: Well, it's I don't know all how PFF grades and sometimes their grades are all over the place with stuff.
Speaker 10: But I mean when you only give it up five points a game? Yeah, do you want to guy?
Speaker 4: Do you want a guy like him maybe taking some chances because you know he's a ball hawk and you know you've got to pass rush and your you know, safeties and all that. Do you want him to kind of?
Speaker 6: I want him to be him like whenever that whatever, and that's that's part of who he is, part of who he is is I will take chances and I'm going to be right more often than not. But he is who he is because of the gambling that he takes and he's right more often than not.
Speaker 3: Are you, as a.
Speaker 7: Player inclined to take more chances when you're playing a team that you know can't necessarily put points up quick.
Speaker 3: And isn't you don't look at as an elite type team because you're like, even if I take this chance and I rush when I'm not supposed to, or I try to jump around when I'm not supposed to, or Dak tries to throw a fifty to fifty ball when he probably shouldn't, are you, in your mind a little more inclined to take more chances because you know you can recover from a team that's not great. Well, you know what's the mentality the these.
Speaker 9: And Jesse You can tell me wrong what I'm hearing.
Speaker 8: They got some speed, and I think if if you jump around and it's a double move, it's just shall across that you gotta be careful with speed, with speed because that those mistakes can hurt, you know, if you got these guys that you know, possession guys, you know. And then Mike Wilson third around picker this year. He ain't no small guy and I saw him get deep a couple of times. He averaged about fifteen yards to catch. Now, I ain't saying that he gonna beat Diggs or he gonna beat gilmore than they that good, But I just like to be careful early in the game with speed.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 6: I think sometimes you lock in, you hone in a little bit more. When there isn't much like the predictability from quarterbacks, like you don't know what you're gonna get with Josh Dobbs, like there is like, yeah, well he's been around this league of very very long time. There isn't enough solid tape where you can go this is a guy who's gonna do this, This is a guy like you knew what you were gonna get.
Speaker 10: With Tom Brady ing to Aaron Rodgers. There's certain quarterbacks you just know what you're now.
Speaker 6: Stopping it is one thing, but you know that this guy is not gonna be Aaron Rodgers is gonna do this, and Tom Brady's gonna do that, and Patrick Mahomes is gonna do this, and you try to kind of work off that and there is But when you have a quarterback like Josh Dobbs, and I think this is where the focus comes in on the defensive side of it all, is there is it a lot of film because everywhere he goes it's like, oh, two games here, three games here, five games here, six games.
Speaker 10: Here, Like he's pieced together stuff.
Speaker 6: So you're trying to figure out, well, what is he as a quarterback? And I think that makes you lock it a little bit more. And to your question, those type of things may happen once game is in hand, Like when we're sitting back watching the game in the third quarter and the Cowboys are up twenty four seven. You know, it's one of those deals where you may see guys take chances because you have that you have enough cushion now that even if you're wrong, you're you know you're you're not in danger of losing the game. I do think earlier on this game, this team will be extremely focused on what they do. I think the offensively, I think the new way that Dak is running things, that Kellen not Kellen Moore, that Dak, that Mike McCarthy, that Brian Schottenhammer is running things. The ability not anything could happen right A guy can slip in and my boy that doesn't dance right here, he can might come off the edge and do a strip Dennis, yeah, Dennis, or the ball and golf, somebody's fingertips whatever and be intercepted. Those things are you can't know. You never know what things are going to happen. But I think Dak is in such a locked in zone that his his thing now is and it's not it's not robotic, it's not playing, Timid is not playing. It's just like, here's the office that we're running, and I'm going to be so efficient in it that nothing's going to move me from like I'm not. I'm not chasing this whole thing about I have to throw a fifty yard bomb. I have to throw a sixty yard pass. No, I'm just gonna keep taking profit, keep taking profit. And when the when the opportunity presents itself and it's there for us to do it, we'll do it. In in line of what the the the offense sets you were.
Speaker 4: Talking about Dobbs earlier. How's he rate compared to last week's Zach Wilson? Is he better, worse? Different?
Speaker 9: I think he's a little better. I think he's a little better. I think.
Speaker 8: Everything around him is a little bit better because they probably don't have a bigger offense and more you know, they probably not you know, a lot in the packages, and they keeping it simple because what he's two months in the money, he'll money in so they may add more and more, but they're keeping it pretty simple.
Speaker 9: And he's elusive. And as long as you don't have to.
Speaker 8: Run all over the field, you can just move around the pocket, you can get some passes off. He he had a nice game, like I said, up until the third quarter. Now all of a sudden like this speaking just right up, you know, so.
Speaker 4: He worries you a little bit more than more than Wilson.
Speaker 9: No, No, because it wasn't you know, I say, do you take Tiger or the rest of the field. You're taking his defense?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm taking I'm taking like last week or this week is in a quarterback that I'm going to be worried about night before the game.
Speaker 3: So do you do you think if this game was.
Speaker 7: Midway through the season and you're you have one loss or two losses, would this be a trap game?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 3: Because you said right now it's too early on, I'm just trying to no, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 6: Know when this game becomes this game reminds you of the Washington game at the end of the season, right where that could snap it. Can you know you kind of wore down. You know, everybody's not healthy, Guys are tired. Doesn't mean a lot, doesn't quite mean a lot. You're you're a little bit peeking towards the playoff a little bit, and and they sneak up on you.
Speaker 10: Right, one or two mistakes we.
Speaker 9: Try not to make We tried to make this a trap.
Speaker 10: Is there any chance they could lose this game?
Speaker 3: And any way we can.
Speaker 8: Ask A couple of turnovers in the wrong time and the wrong places, mixed.
Speaker 6: The wrong exit, Yes, doesn't get to the stadium and they gotta play like we gotta we got like I don't know, I don't, I don't I don't see. I just don't see where this team. I don't see where they get victories at. I just I find it very very hard to look at and go where.
Speaker 3: Could they get a or even this is a good matchup.
Speaker 10: It's not that it's just one of those deals.
Speaker 3: This is not a good zach Ertz is that it's not even a good matchup.
Speaker 6: Jay Ron Kurse eliminates Titans, like literally eliminates Titans.
Speaker 4: Seemed like we were saying this last year when we were going to Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: But no, I don't know if we said that. I don't know if we have to run a take back because I don't. I think there was a little healthy respect for Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: I don't think I was listening to that show.
Speaker 6: There was some healthy respect for Trevor Lawrence in that offense. But this, this, this isn't one of those games where a lot has to go wrong, a lot has to be self inflicted. Like, there's nothing I believe the Cardinals can do. Just they can't bully us. I don't think their coaching staff can out scheme us.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 9: They do not.
Speaker 10: They do not have the roster to just man from man whoop us.
Speaker 6: They just don't. They just don't offensively or defensively. It has to be one of those Friday the thirteenth weird things happen. You know, ball just slips out of Dak's hands and you know, a guy slips in falls and Hollywood Brown is behind them. For like, it has to be one of those when we look back at it and go. But that was some That was some scripted stuff.
Speaker 1: That was some.
Speaker 6: That's when we take a call from computer and we go, you know what, computer, you might be right about that script bro.
Speaker 3: This is in Arizona, right, it's in Arizona.
Speaker 7: Maybe the field accidentally goes into motion while they're playing something else.
Speaker 6: The grass is super slippery, Like it has to be a wild, wild set of scenarios, circumstances, scenarios.
Speaker 10: For to look at this team and go.
Speaker 9: And I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want to be disrespectful to NFL players, but they just their team is made up of fifty three.
Speaker 9: Hard working individuals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good way to put it. They blue collar guys, Yeah, blue collar guys. But it reminds me of the of the of the New York Knicks. What happens when someone else plays and the Giants started playing really hard in the second half. When you watch that game, yeah, and things changed twenty one points, Like things just changed. It's like, oh, okay, if we play hard, well, wow, we actually have more talent than them, and things begin to the cream rules to the top.
Speaker 3: We can get on the bus at halftime. Yeah, not that where you take your pads off. It's been like a preseason day. Come out and hang out on the sideline. Eats a popcorn. All right, we'll take our last break when we come back. Get to know your co hosts on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 16: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: And they snapped the press down. Who looks white, It's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a perch down.
Speaker 5: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 16: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 10: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 16: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: How's wing stout set up?
Speaker 14: Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed in those eleven soul satisfying flavors, paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough? Get your flavor delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Seet geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got him next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan the seat geeg not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered. Download the sea geek after day seed Geek, You're a ticket they're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 17: James right here, you're twenty two two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice.
Speaker 9: Up the game.
Speaker 17: That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 9: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys. On this beautiful Thursday. I'm just glad to be here with my coworkers and the air condition.
Speaker 9: And it's it hot out there.
Speaker 3: It's not as hot as it's been, but it's ninety I mean it's not bad. It's actually quite enjoyable outside. It feels good after oh my god, anything would feel good after one hundred and seven. For a month straight, our final segment each and every day is brought to you by As Jesse mentioned earlier, Jig Saw the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: We can come here to the Star.
Speaker 9: No, you can come here to the Jigsaw.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they would.
Speaker 6: Probably they were parked when they shouldn't have been parked. That's why apart, I couldn't find a parking spot.
Speaker 4: Oh they hadn't they show your spot?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they were parked in the one hour.
Speaker 9: Parking one get one page the Cowboys. It don't get paid.
Speaker 10: Who's going to win.
Speaker 9: Every time? All right?
Speaker 3: Since there's nothing really else to talk about the game, we'll take calls tomorrow eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. I thought we would get to know each other a little bit better since we're all back together, you know, and on the same podcast, and.
Speaker 9: We got five minutes.
Speaker 10: I'm out on this.
Speaker 15: We're all in.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: No, this is no, this is a conversation. This is just I'm gonna throw out a question.
Speaker 7: And you guys just answer it and then maybe it sparks more conversation. Okay, hey, you're a big movie guy, right, it was man, I'm old school.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite sequel to any movie? What movie had the best sequel.
Speaker 9: Oh, man, that's the Godfather. Man, it was the Godfather. When his dad kept going over the plans.
Speaker 8: Of how they was gonna do things because his brother Sonny had got killed and it was in the vineyard and he looked at his daddy.
Speaker 9: Dad, I got this, I got this, said, yeah, named my old age. I'm just I want to just make sure things is raising, pop, I got it, just relaxed.
Speaker 3: Was that the Godfather to your Father one?
Speaker 9: One? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm saying, which what movie had the best sequel?
Speaker 9: What part two? Part two is? And then Father Too? Yeah? Oh yeah, wow, Father Too. I'm sorry, god Trilogy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, No, Gore was trash trash, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: So Godfather Too?
Speaker 9: Is your favorite sequel? Yeah?
Speaker 10: What about you, Kurt?
Speaker 9: Yeah that I'm Nate as Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know gets you.
Speaker 4: Star Wars series. You know, when I was a kid and all that, so.
Speaker 10: I never get the Star Wars Star Wars? Was it Star Wars Star Wars?
Speaker 9: And then Empire Strikes Back?
Speaker 16: And what's the other one?
Speaker 9: Star Trek.
Speaker 7: I never I've never been I can't get into Star Trek Star Wars. But now they got so much going on like they got a new spin off of one of the Jedis.
Speaker 3: Now I can't keep up anymore. Do you have a favorite sequel.
Speaker 6: To a movie?
Speaker 10: I'm the worst one that comes to movies.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 3: You don't watch a lot of movies.
Speaker 9: Not, not really?
Speaker 10: Really, John Wick, I haven't seen any of this. You've never seen Wicks.
Speaker 8: They're great, Oh you got this the only man that can kill eight million people and you're still watching and kill another.
Speaker 5: You you like?
Speaker 10: You like John Wick?
Speaker 11: Like you?
Speaker 10: You like you like the different guns that are in it, the action that's in it, like it's you. I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big action movie.
Speaker 10: Really, that's surprising.
Speaker 3: I like big I like epic movies like Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven and like just big, big scale.
Speaker 9: Trauma, trauma based movies.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know rom Com.
Speaker 3: Not really, No, I'm not a huge movie guy.
Speaker 10: You like your Ron.
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 3: You go hey? I mean when you got five kids, watch a lot of oncoms.
Speaker 10: They watched him, you don't. They'll never finish watching him.
Speaker 6: It's always are you still watching your back?
Speaker 10: You have your back to the movie street, the movie thing pops up? Are you still watching?
Speaker 3: You feel that little wiggle, A little wiggle, we're not watching.
Speaker 9: Not before you come in here. Mom and Dad were rassmid.
Speaker 10: Fight, get off me, off me Now.
Speaker 3: I like the Lord of the Ring stuff.
Speaker 7: But probably my favorite sequel ever probably the Latest Top Gun Maverick. I thought just the way it was written and the way it tied into the original story and it.
Speaker 9: Was so long between Benjamin got to meet her.
Speaker 10: Dude I had.
Speaker 3: I had the biggest crush on Jennifer Connley when I was young. That was my that was my one?
Speaker 9: Who is your one?
Speaker 10: Growing up? I was ready to say Who's who? Was like your movie from a movie.
Speaker 3: So my first ever, first time I ever felt a wiggle was watching Greece Oliving Newton John and those leather pants, and I was like, wait, what is this feeling?
Speaker 10: What am I feeling right now?
Speaker 3: Because when I look at this woman, I feel I've never felt this before.
Speaker 10: And I was young.
Speaker 3: When did Grease come out? Look that up?
Speaker 7: Kurt seventy eight probably, so I was probably six years old and I.
Speaker 10: Was just like a little freaky frog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just couldn't figure out what was going on. Yeah, that was my first probably female crush. And then she came out with the video Xanadu, and I was just like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, I love her physical album, the Fish Killing, Fish Killer.
Speaker 9: How about you?
Speaker 3: Who was who was your celebrity?
Speaker 10: Oh one Vanity?
Speaker 9: Oh that's.
Speaker 10: In Last Dragon.
Speaker 3: Yeah she was nice, wouldn't she one of Prince's girlfriends?
Speaker 10: I assume, so yeah, he kind of discovered her. Yeah, but in Last Dragon she was like the love interests of Leroy. Oh yeah, and boy that.
Speaker 9: Rock figure, that boy rock cannot Can you teach me some moods?
Speaker 10: I was a little young boy.
Speaker 18: I was like, I found the place down the place for me, and you can go to the tap on the elevator, pressed up for seven. That's all you got to do to get the seventh heaven.
Speaker 10: Oh no, you don't.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 16: That?
Speaker 14: Right there?
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 14: That was that was it?
Speaker 9: Right there?
Speaker 3: That was it. Teach me some moods?
Speaker 10: That was my living about you? Nate didn't know.
Speaker 9: I didn't really didn't know because mine was singers mine. But who was the singers?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 17: It was?
Speaker 9: Anita Baker? Really Baker? Yeah, man, I thought she was your girl.
Speaker 8: Yeah, her, And and then I was kind of likely glad this night. But that's long old school. Yeah, it is old school.
Speaker 14: I like it.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 6: Kurt Baker's coming here at constantly December. I'm going I'm not asking you to come pick me up or anything like that. I'm going by She was going, I Needa Baker, we're at I think it might be the American. Yeah, that sounds about you, Kurt.
Speaker 4: I remember going to a garage show and there it was the Fara Foster person.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't hit that dollar or whatever.
Speaker 3: Got some material real quick?
Speaker 9: Where you come?
Speaker 4: Oh, it was probably late seventies.
Speaker 3: About times.
Speaker 10: Seven years old.
Speaker 9: It was like who was your favorite bands? Fellas bands? Bands?
Speaker 7: Who did you like all timer like growing up, like growing first start discovering. Yeah, mine was, uh, def Leopard the Pyromania album I think was my first tape that I bought. And then like Guns and Roses when I was a little bit older, I was in the I was in the rock in Country Hak Junior back when I was really young.
Speaker 8: Man Hadden's Man, Who Manhattan's Man? Yeah, soul group Man, look them up, they got some music, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How about you?
Speaker 6: Just Jodasy, Oh boy, you hit the hammer many a night on that. Jodyicy is my my my favorite group of all time.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, Man Kirk's.
Speaker 4: Probably Van Halen first group I really started.
Speaker 3: That was big at the skating rink when I went Jump was out, and then Panama came out right after that, and I like them.
Speaker 6: You know, you've heard the saying of like you never want to meet like your movin Gage. So so Jodasy is all time favorite group. This had to be about man maybe eight years ago. I'm in an airport. It's it's uh, it's Memorial Day weekend. I'm going to Atlanta. And the reason, the really reason I'm going to Atlanta. There's a tattoo artist at that time in Atlanta that I was going to get. I have a tattoo on my chest. I was going to get him all the At that time, all the NBA players were going, and you had to schedule out like months in advance.
Speaker 10: Marvin Williams was playing for the Hawks.
Speaker 9: Got me in.
Speaker 10: He's like, but you gotta come this weekend. I said, I'm on the way, but.
Speaker 6: Flights got kept getting delayed, delayed, delayed, delayed. So I'm stuck in the airport in Charlotte. And you have like when you go if you've been delayed enough, you begin to make friends with the people you keep jumping gate the gate the game with because everybody's like a yeah, like you know, he watched my back. I got a little back from him, going, you know, we've been there six hours now. And so it was the young ladies that I had met there. One of the girl's name, her name was Coffee. She was coming from Ohio, and so we're getting to talking whatever, and we just became cool. And she was an attractive lady. But it wasn't it wasn't on that. We just we just became cool. So we're stuck in Charlotte and incomes Casey and Jojo.
Speaker 10: So I'm like, oh, snop, like this is.
Speaker 6: But now they're trying to figure out who this young lady is because they're like, we all headed to Atlanta and they're trying to get her on their Atlanta team trip. The girl you're talking to the girl that yeahah, but I have no interest in Coffee. We just been stuck together for seven hours, right, So she now has no interest in Casey and Jojo. But they're sitting if I'm sitting here, they're sitting behind me, and she's sitting over here and now they're whispering to her and she's like, she comes by, she goes. Casey and Jojo are kicking your back in right now. I'm like, what did I do to them? And they're like, you know, hey, you don't want to hang with that broke boy, like they called me a broke boy, and they call all types.
Speaker 10: Then they're like, you want to comparty with us? We get you to all the.
Speaker 6: Parties, all the clubs. We got shows going on backstage and all that kind of stuff. And she was going to wholesome stuff while she was there, and I was just like, dang man, I love joe y'all kicking my backing over a girl calling me your broke boy.
Speaker 10: I was like, that's ruined it for you.
Speaker 6: I still listen to that music, yeah, but I was just like, I'll never listen to it in the same way againting like, I know that you kicked my back and over a girl that I didn't even want.
Speaker 9: Place. That's how you do it, Hey, fellas, she don't live in a trailer dog, don't.
Speaker 10: Worry classy for me. She at the airport. My type of women take the r.
Speaker 6: V Greyhound baby baby all like Nate we're gonna drive our way there.
Speaker 9: Y'all get.
Speaker 3: Fan fun Friday A A eight eight, five five two two nine seven. We'll get your thoughts on the game and the season so far, Mike, talk a little football on the way. Thanks for hanging out, Chris, Thanks for keeping us on the air. We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place. Got hanging with a Boy's been.
Speaker 1: A production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 10: How was your jouble here