Speaker 1: This is the most dramatic podcast ever and iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison and Lauren Zema coming to you from the Smoking Red Hot office in Austin, Texas. It is July in Texas. We are feeling it.
Speaker 2: I tried to escape it. But do I regret that I went on a trip to Sun Valley, Idaho without you? I'm so sorry. It was so sad. I said to Chris, hey, Okay, I have this idea for Sun Valley, and he goes, yes, sorry, we go. Then he said it's a girl's trip.
Speaker 1: Can we say who you went with?
Speaker 2: Yes? Well, actually it's so. I think it's very pertinent for today's podcast because I went.
Speaker 1: Because we're talking about divorce and relationships and should people get remarried.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. When he told me what this topic was, I'll tell you. I've come in from this trip hot, just like it is here in Austin. My flight was so delayed. I was supposed to get home at eight pm. I got home at three am, so I'm exhausted. But when he told I'm like half delirious. And Chris is telling me yesterday the topic is just divorced and like whether marriages can last I said, are you trying to tell me something?
Speaker 1: First of all, you got home at about two thirty in the morning last night and crawled into the room from this late flight. I think people should take to social media anytime they have a flight that works, because look, everybody, ninety eight percent of the travelers today, I think everything just goes wrong. So now I think the anomaly is my flight was on time.
Speaker 2: I like that, and I like that because it's positive. I you know what, I did not like take to my phone as this was going on, because.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it that I was looking for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I just don't see the point, right, Like, I'm very We've talked about this before. When travel isn't going well, what can you do? I posted when we were way delayed for the Kentucky Derby because it was fun because we were drinking and people were getting to know each other. It was positive. I don't want to just get on my phone and rant about a late flight.
Speaker 1: Everybody's dealing with it, right, So anyway, but yeah, you came in and.
Speaker 2: So here's who I visited, which is why it's relevant today. I'm still very close with I'm once divorced and I'm still very close with my former mother in law and my former sister in law and a few friends like from that time in my life, so we all stay very close, and it's really funny when we all explain how we know each other. I'm like, well, I used to be married to her son, no longer am, but she's still family. I'm just a big believer. And it was a little interesting for us because we didn't have kids, so it wasn't that, you know, we had this necessary thing keeping us together. But I wish him all the best. We ended on good terms, and what was the thing for me was that I had loved his family like my own, and they loved me, and that was a painful thing. I didn't want to have to lose that family and that love. So I believe in keeping the relation. If you can build bridges, don't burn them and take a girl's trip to see your former mother in law.
Speaker 1: I appreciated the fact that you said that from the get go in our relationship, you told me about these people in your life, quickly introduced me to them. I have since really fallen in love with them too, and appreciate the fact that they are value ads in your life and now mine, and so why would you cut somebody out who is just an ad and a total positive in your life? And I have We had the same thinking. I still keep in touch with sister in law and god kids that were on my ex wife's side of the family. I still love these people. They still meant a lot to me. It was twenty years of my life. Why would you just cut that out now? Sometimes things get toxic and you can't. Luckily we've been able to. And I appreciated that about you. But the main thing was bring them into my life, don't just keep them to yourself.
Speaker 2: Right And look, babe, again, this was a girl's trip. You would have been welcomed.
Speaker 1: If you need. I don't know if this is a job or how this is going to work, but this will be a new app if you need to hire me for girls weekends. I'm great at girls' weekends, driving, discussion, making drinks. I love to cook, I love to clean. I'm just a good soldier to have around.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, why aren't we doing this? Baby? You do cameo. You do videos on cameo for people. You'll say hi and happy birthday and happy anniversary and help with proposals. We should add a little thing on your cameo available for girls.
Speaker 1: I could do bachelorette parties. I mean, I could just see myself holding someone's hair at three in the morning while she's puking. It's okay, honey, you're so pretty.
Speaker 2: Then your dad's skills would kick in. So that's great. All right, Well, yeah, you know what, and let's do this as a moneymaker to get some money for the wedding. If we're still getting married, are we? Is it gonna be a question after today's podcast episode.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's a go. So let's see if we circle back to this in about twenty or thirty minutes and we still say it's a go.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if I have this right what we wanted to get into today, and I get it. There's been so many celebrity divorces in the news lately, just kind of feels like a rush of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some people kind of rehashing their divorces, like Kelly Clarkson was talking about her kids and Brad Pitt and Angelina I'm still fighting, still fighting it out now drama new drama on them. So there's some new breakups, but then there's some old ones that are just won't go away, and so it just seemed like we were inundated with this and instead of just talking about bad news, I kind of looked at these and thought, Okay, what can we take from these? What what can we relate to? What can everybody relate to in all of these?
Speaker 2: Yes? And how can you make it positive? Yeah? So what do you want to start with?
Speaker 1: Well, I think because Kelly Clarkson obviously has been divorced for a while, a couple of years now. Yeah, it's from from Brandon, her husband, and so she has two kids seven and nine years old, Remy and River, and she said it has made her kids question love and it's something she's had to deal with with. And I felt so relatable to this because my kids were about the same age as her kids when we got divorced, and that was a.
Speaker 2: Really different young like seven nine.
Speaker 1: I think my kids were a couple of years older, like nine and eleven maybe, but still that innocence of believing in Santa Claus and believing in mom and dad and everything's just going to be okay, And now you are telling them and it's hard to explain that to a seven and nine year old or eleven year old, Mommy and daddy are getting divorced. We still love each other, we respect each other, we just don't want and so it's really impossible for a young kid to really comprehend and make sense of all that. I know it happened for my kids. It was a very difficult conversation.
Speaker 2: You've told that story that when you first said it to them, basically you said the word got you two said the word divorce, and they instantly started.
Speaker 1: Well, Joshua, my son, understood it. He as well as he could. He was a little bit older, two years older than his sister. Taylor did not understand. And so when Joshua got upset, she just saw her brother and realized this is I don't know what this means. This is bad news, and she started crying. And that is a low point as a human being. I mean, I think as a dad, as a parent, as a person, it's the only thing your conditioned to do in this life is not hurt your kids, to protect them and help them. In that moment, you are blowing up their life, whether it's for the better or not, and you realize it is later. It's just a tough moment, you've got to suck it up and do it.
Speaker 2: How did you make sure maybe what Kelly's dealing with now, because the kids have relationships and I think you know they it's not like they certainly believe in a lot of Taylor and Josh do. How did you get them to a healthy place with relationships and thinking that a good relationship was possible?
Speaker 1: It is time, you know, you know how they say time, he'll all wounds. The same goes here. Look that moment and that speech to them, whatever age they're going to be at the time, it's not good and it's going to be bad news for them because as kids, especially Kelly's kids seven and nine years old, here's what they're thinking. I'm losing a mommy, I'm losing a daddy, I'm losing my home, I'm losing my friends. Like their mind just.
Speaker 2: Starts racing yas their stability all are.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean this in a bad way. Children are selfish. The world revolves around them. That's the way it's supposed to be, and that's okay. That is a child. When you are childlike, you're concerned with your own world, and so their concern is oh my gosh, Christmas is gone. Everything's gone, and so you quickly need to just show them, no, no, no, Mom and Dad are still in your life. Mom and Dad still love you. You. Actually, instead of one home, have two, and instead of one Christmas, you have too. However, it gets to them you start showing them that your world that you thought was blown up is no.
Speaker 2: But even though you're just saying I mean, you said time, but I think you're selling yourself and you know, and their mom may be a little short here, I want you to get into it more because I know other people who have had divorced parents and they are not as healthy about relationships as Josh and Taylor are. I know people whose parents got divorced and they're in their thirties and they still quote don't believe in marriage. And then when I hear Josh and Taylor talk, they talk about getting married one day. So how did you get them to that place?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm thankful, and I have to give some credit to my ex who we had the discussion that no matter what we are going through, they didn't sign up for this. The kids had nothing to do with this. They didn't sign up for this crap, it's on us. Let's deal with everything ourselves. Do not use the kids, do not bring the kids into it. And for the most part, we were able to do that. And that is a godsend because when kids get involved, you're using them as ponds, whether it's for money or for whatever. Power that that's when things get bad and your kids know, they know.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's helped. I mean, she's remarried, we're engaged. Do you think it helped? Because I think a lot of divorce parents are afraid to date again and what it will show their kids. But like, if you stay alone, then in the long run, I would think that certainly reinforces love isn't possible. So do you think it helped that you guys dated again and are with other people?
Speaker 1: For sure? And I think they hear everything you say, it's here everything, and they watch you. So if you are in a bad situation. I find that many divorce parents, it's not one way or the other. Moms and dads they start talking to their kids like their friends, like they're a confidant. And these kids who you're opening up to have their own world and their own feelings going on. And so when you start treating your daughter or your son like your best friend, and you start talking about daddy or mommy, or you start talking about love or trying to date and how you love sucks and your heart broken. Yeah, that's going to affect them. So don't treat your kids like your friend immediately after a divorce.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard because adults, these parents are going through so much. They're getting divorced, they're going through loss, they're trying to raise kids, and it's a hard, heavy time. But that separation is so important.
Speaker 1: You start needing stuff back from your kids, which is not the way it goes. You give everything to your kids, you don't get back, and I think people start to try to get something back from them, like hey, I need you as a sounding board, I need you to show me how I'm not crazy. Or you know, your dad is the bad guy or your mom's the bad woman. So that is a toxic, terrible thing to do to your kids, and that inevitably will lead them down the road to have their own relationship problems. I think it was very important that we quickly said we believe in love and we still love each other. There's love in our hearts. We are still family, et cetera, exact.
Speaker 2: What you just said. And maybe because it's been a year since you had this conversation, but I do remember you telling me that you said right away, we still love each other, and that love changes, but we still love each other. It's still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mommy and Daddy aren't going to live together because again, they're you can't get too much in the weeds on this. They are, you know Kelly Clarkson's we're seven and nine. Mine were probably nine and eleven somewhere around there. How deep in the weeds can you get into it with an eleven year old? They don't have the comprehension of love and commitment.
Speaker 2: And so I don't know if you remember, but as the kids got older, maybe they're teenagers, they're starting to date. Did they ever ask you do you plan to get married again? Dad? Do you think you'd get married again? And if they did, what was your answer to them? Or what do you imagine it would have been?
Speaker 1: I ended up broaching the subject eventually. It was after I went on a blind date. I went on a date one night and we were talking about we knew it wasn't going to work between us, but we had a great conversation and I said, you know, when do you introduce people to your kids? And I had never introduced anybody to my kids. She said, you know what, ask them have that conversation. At this point, they were a few years older, and I approached the subject to say, hey, guys, you know mommy and daddy. You know we've been divorced for a while, and mommy's dating. You know you've met him, and what do you think of me dating? And they said, great, we don't want to meet everybody. The kids still saw that I believed in love and I wanted that in my life and I still hold that deer and important, and I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I think you can get a divorce and you can believe in love. That's what I wanted the kids to know that I can do something that I think is best for me and for your mom. But I also want this in my life. I still believe in it. I did the first time. I do now I really do. Now done dun dun so. Speaking of doing things the right way, another divorce that well, actually, sorry, it's not going to be a divorce. That's kind of the beauty of this. The former mayor of New York, build A Blasio and his wife. They are separating. They are not going to get divorced. They have announced that they are going to live separately. They're going to go their separate ways. They're going to share their real estate that they love, and share their houses and all that good stuff. But they're not going to be together. They're going to date other people.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's what I was trying to figure out though. Are they still living together?
Speaker 1: Well, no, they are separating. They are not planning divorce. They said they will date other people. There're going to continue to share the park How I took that as share it as in they probably have other residences.
Speaker 2: I took they will continue to share the park Slope townhouse where they raise their two children, now in their twenties, that they might both still live there.
Speaker 1: That I don't know. So I don't know, but I do like the fact that I understand this is getting more and more common of people separating but not getting divorced. I was just in Scottsdale playing golf and this guy I was playing golf with. I said, you know you married. He says yeah, But I said but he's like, but I have a girlfriend. I said, wow. Explain He says, well, my wife and I don't want to get divorced. It's just too big of a deal. There's too much to separate. If this is economically doesn't make sense. It makes much more sense for us just to stay married. We both understand. We live separately. We got her a house, I have a house. We date. We're very open with the people were dating. My concern and my thought was if I had done this and I came to you and we fell in love like we did at some point, don't you want me to be more serious about getting out of that last relationship and committing to you. I would want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think that it's well, first of all, I think it's maybe an age thing and a life place thing, like I remember meeting. I think it was that's an aesthetian I met one time and she was just telling me about her life, and she said, I think it was a massage therapist. And she said her and her ex were split up but not divorced, and they still live together. And she said they had a nine year old son, so it was to kind of keep things stable for their son, and it was an economics thing, like she's like, we can't really afford to have two households, and I think that's a very growing problem for people now. So I understand that, and it's great for their kid. But she also said, well, the only problem is it's been a couple years of this. It's been okay. But she said, now I do want to date again, and I do think that's going to be an issue. I think for Mayor Deblasio and his wife, maybe they've just been married so long and kind of have slowly grown apart for so older. The kids are in their twenties, I think they can handle dating other people and be a bit more at peace with that. But I think if the relationships a newer breakup and you're younger and your kids are younger, it might not be so easy. I definitely huh.
Speaker 1: I found it healthy, but I found it problematic just in my own again, relating it to my own life and dating and maybe if you're in your upper sixties seventies, you just know you're not going to get married again, but you can't rule that out. You can't rule out falling in love, finding that special someone, and look, you can jump off that bridge when you get there and deal with it. But I could just imagine sitting down and you having that conversation with me of Okay, we're really serious about this. I've said I love you, and you're like, okay. So here's the thing. My husband and I aren't getting a divorce economically, so that becomes problematic. It puts a wall up at some point, we can only go so far. We have a glass ceiling in our relationship.
Speaker 2: Now I agree with you. I think there's you're going to reach a certain point where it's okay, well, like am I your emergency contact right? And you start to feel a little weird. It starts to feel a little painful. You don't want your new partner to feel hurt by it, And I do think it would get to that point. I mean, actually now I'm remembering, and I kind of forgot. I didn't. I wasn't when I was getting a divorce. We just like weren't too stressed about the paperwork. So there were a couple months there, I mean several months we were completely fully separated, but we just hadn't like signed the documents. Yeah, And it was nothing other than just we were totally peacefully separated and broken up. But I don't know. It's a document. That is what's a little silly about marriage. At the end of the day. Sometimes the vows matter to me, the commitment matters to me, But then there's that piece of paper where it's like which is the same as you know, you probably sign more to buy a house than you do to get married. It's way more.
Speaker 1: But when you get unmarried divorced, that's when you got to then go back and try and unwint everything. You brought up something interesting with the Deblasia thing about sharing a house, and this is something I found when.
Speaker 2: This was interesting to me. If they're living together still in data, that's it.
Speaker 1: When I was going through my divorce figuring out what I was going to do with the kids, it was brought up to me by I think a therapist had mentioned, well, are you going to have the kids go back and forth? Or are you guys going back and forth? I said, I don't understand. She said, well, what a lot of parents are doing is the mom and the dad will have another place to live, but they the kids will stay at the central home, the home that you've had the parents come in and out.
Speaker 2: So you got to have three places of residence amongst the two or three, you had to have three in that case, or the mom and dad switch places and they go to their other apartment or house or wait and they alternate sharing the same house. So you would go back seat of two houses, one where the kids there or three, yes, and then mom and dad would take turns being in the second house if they're only there, so the.
Speaker 1: Kids keep their bedroom, they stay. Everything's normal. I think that is. And look if it's working for you, and I know there's people doing that, and maybe look reach out to us and our messages and comments below. If you are doing this, I would find it fascinating to talk to somebody of how this works.
Speaker 2: If you have an money to do three residents is I think that sounds great. The kids can stay stable, they don't have to pack their bags every week. But if you only have the money to have too, let's think about this. The kids are at one house and then mom and dad take turns in the other house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're going because you really are taking turns back and you're like, do they wash the sheet? Different bedrooms? We need at least a two bedroom in the other.
Speaker 2: House help in the drawer. There their toothpaste. That's a little dark.
Speaker 1: It would be dark, but it happens. And it was something that was brought up to me, and we didn't do that. We did the shared fifty to fifty. But I just found it how healthy you need that relationship to be to pull that off, and so to blase you at the end of the day was an example of how divorce is being done right.
Speaker 2: And I love that it's evolving. I do think we as a society are evolving more and judging less and being more open to Like, to me, the health of the family and everybody being in a happy place is what's most important, right, So how do you get there? And again, build bridges, don't burn them. It doesn't have to be a messy split. I do think the dating if you were still living with your ex would be hard, And as I sit here thinking about it now, I'm really thinking, like, say, when you and I had started dating, you were still married, I think that would have actually, as progressive as I'm trying to sound, I think it would have been like a little bit of a red flag to me in the beginning, actually, because you'd been married so long, like, maybe tell me if I'm Wrongry.
Speaker 1: Are you that line? Are you still? Who is really over?
Speaker 2: That's what I would have to wonder, because I think if someone had only been married a couple of years and they were like, we split up, it didn't work out. But if it was this long marriage and there were still kids involved, I would wonder, Okay, but but why haven't you got divorced? Are there still feelings there? And that would scare me.
Speaker 1: Divorces are evolving, some are dissolving, some just will not move forward. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, they have been getting divorced for over seven years now.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you I'm judging them at this point because the latest is a filing that's come to light. Where was it? Her side called him a petulant child.
Speaker 1: It's about Chateau Mervol the vas by the way, and so they bought this together in two thousand and eight, and her people are saying that he has been engaged in a vindictive campaign to dominate and loot the wine business that the couple had built and owned together. And as Lauren just said, Pitt, this is her side speaking. Pitt has acted like a petulant child, refusing to treat Nouvelle, which is Jolie's camp, as an equal partner in the business. So this is just a you know what, measuring contest between the two of them.
Speaker 2: This is a he said, She said, mud slinging. I don't even as someone who you know. And it's hard for celebrities because we're hearing about all this news in the public and then you know, people will say, are you team Brad or team Angelina? And eventually you become team No. One because so much he said, she said, and I don't know what the truth is.
Speaker 1: I get it over over for you.
Speaker 2: Imagine the millions.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing. I was thinking the same thing on lawyers. I wrote down here legal fees. What are the legal fees? And how I wonder how in touch Angelina and Brad are. I know they have so many people in their camp, if they have any idea how much they've spent or at this point are they so bitter? Which is so funny because it's so anti mister and missus Smith. When they hooked up in the first place, which was just this raw.
Speaker 2: Chemistry. Watch that man, which by the way, I remember he was with Jennit No if if.
Speaker 1: You're Jennifer Aniston, I still can't watch that film because you just I mean it is.
Speaker 2: And I still feel bad for her because her life since they split has been like very much defined through no choice of her by this split. But regardless, we can't get into all this but.
Speaker 1: The legal fees, and I just how toxic this has to be.
Speaker 2: Knowing some of the look in Hollywood. It's a very small group of attorneys who do major divorces, Like you know the names that are thrown around. Laura Wasser's a big one. They represent you know the Kardashians or Jennifer Garner, you know Angelina Juliet's. There's just a few attorneys. I know how much those attorneys cost. You do too, Yeah, Yes, I knew someone who went through a divorce, a split situation that was only like two years, and I think something like five million dollars or more in legal fees were spent. There is so much money and one piece of advice I think you and I both give to anybody who's getting divorced, whether their kids are involved or not. But I was just telling this to a friend of mine the other day who's getting divorced. If you can avoid using attorneys, avoid it because all you are doing is spending money that could be going to your life or more importantly to your kids one day.
Speaker 1: Try and do it yourself if you can, before you go into mediation. Go to mediation to legally. You can do that without lawyers. You could each have a lawyer on the side, but if you can do it without, it is a very inexpensive way. And the thing is how many people know the economics in their house and know the accounting of what's actually there. That's where it gets sticky. But this Brad and Angelina thing, please please let it go. Another divorce. That's actually it's very peaceful, very amicable, but it brought something else. And look, we believe in marriage for all. Here at the most dramatic podcast ever, Billy Porter and Adam Smith divorces for everybody as well. After six years they have gotten a divorce.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what you liked about the headline was the spin which the headline was after more than half a decade together, so we were like six years six years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really made it seem like they've been together for quite some time. But I don't know Billy Porter. I don't know Adam Smith, but what I took from it was this, And when I was reading about them, I didn't know anything about their relationship. They met No. Nine, they dated for a year, they broke up. Five years later they ran it back again. Oh interesting, Then they got married, like six months later, they got engaged and then got married. So what struck me in this whole thing was running it back.
Speaker 2: There, the unicorn relationship that you always say is almost impossible to find that they got back together and it worked.
Speaker 1: Did it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's that's that was my point of Look, six years is a very successful run, I guess, and this has been very very clean in the press and amicable and all that stuff. I just took it as very interesting of does it ever work when you go back and you know they met, they obviously had some chemistry, but then they parted ways for a reason.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're really you're actually proving your point.
Speaker 1: They parted ways for a reason, then they got back together. Was that because it was comfortable, It's something they knew. And then they got married, and then you realize there was a reason we weren't together in the first world.
Speaker 2: Oh, gosh, you've proven it yourself right again. I can't argue with that.
Speaker 1: Billy Porter proved it for us.
Speaker 2: I have interviewed him on carpets many times, and he has always got that one of the most charismatic theatrical interviews I've ever done. Like he delivers in an interview, he is interesting things to say. He makes it fun. I just always looked forward to interviewing him so much interesting we now that I think about it, I don't think I ever interviewed him with his husband. He was usually solo on carpet.
Speaker 1: They did appear, you know, they appeared on several carpets together and did some appearances. They weren't crazy out in the public eye, but they were from time to time.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, now that we've brought up some headlines and almost given different examples for our hypotheses here in this research paper of a podcast on whether we will still be getting married, I want to go to a couple of the questions that our wonderful producer Kendall posed for us. She sent us a down of the headlines to go over, and at the top she kind of posed some questions, Kendall, I think you might be playing therapist here. One of them that she gave us was, well, c H and LZ, you have both gone through a divorce. Why is it important to the two of you to get married again? Okay, I'll tell I'll go first, because actually, something you said on the podcast, on another podcast episode very much affected me and really made me think about it. Well, I think I I just felt like it was so natural for us like to get married. It really wasn't a question. I think we both knew for a couple of years this is the person and that was great. But that being said, what's the difference between just naturally progressing versus really finding marriage meaningful? And actually, it was an episode of the podcast where you said, well, I wanted to make those vows to you and it is religious to me on some level. That totally stuck with me and changed my mind and I realized, oh, kind of for the first time, I really want to I don't care where we get married, when, how whatever, but the most important thing, and it's part of me maturing is making those vows. And it really hit me. So you made that difference for me.
Speaker 1: I love to kind of add on and piggyback on what you're saying. What I loved about our relationship is that it was completely organic and it did just grow on its own, and it got to places where we met at the same time with the same thought of let's be public about our relationship, let's tell everybody we're dating, and then we kind of got to this point in our relationship, at least I did, where I don't want to just call her my girlfriend or my partner. I'm not cool enough for life partner, so it just felt like I wanted to take that next step. So what I loved is that I felt like our love grew not out of necessity, because it wasn't about having kids, it wasn't about anything financial. It was just love and it was just this amazing friendship and this love affair that grew. And that's what I've enjoyed the most is that you kind of no strings attached. I guess, for lack of a more romantic term of we only do things. I have only done things because I want to.
Speaker 2: Like, it didn't feel like, oh, I should be getting married now because I'm in a page, or oh it's time to have kids.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty one, now I should get married, you know, I did that, and I had had children, and you know we both have been down that aisle before, so it just it allowed us to breathe and allowed our relationship to just find its way. And then yeah, when it becomes important to me to take that step, and you mentioned all the way back to the kids of I want them to see. I want our love to be a shining example. It doesn't mean it's perfect, it doesn't even guarantee that it works, but it means that much to us now.
Speaker 2: Kendall also asked, well, do you think a marriage can last? Can it last thirty or more years?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, no, I think of course. And that is an important positive thing to note here. As much as celebrity breakups make headlines because people love drama, we all do, but I look at the people in our life, our friends, for example. We know so many couples who've been together for decades, and one of my favorite things to see with our friends is that there's still affection there. We know couples who've been together so long and they still hold hands, or we see them kiss each other and do sweet things for each other and still are dating and still are affectionate and obsessed with each other in that way, and I think it's important for your relationship to surround yourself with couples who set that example to.
Speaker 1: You were the same the people around you. I totally believe in that.
Speaker 2: And they're celebrity couples. We still believe in. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, still going strong, still speaking highly of each other, Oprah and Stedman, Nicole and Nicole and keithy Oh, they're so cute together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are on a red carpet. They are. They have that chemistry in that matter.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, there have been some Bachelor couple divorces, but like gosh, Sean and Catherine, I mean, still the gold standard out there, Adam.
Speaker 1: And Raven and Tristan Ryan, and there are many many Bachelor what Ari and Lauren, Ashley and Jared. Yeah, Ashley, I mean talk about the great comeback story of all time, someone who manifested love.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, did they run it back? No, they just took forever to find it and.
Speaker 1: She was running the whole time. It just she was running it down. I think. By the way, I still I have not booked this yet, but Ashley and Jared are going to be on the show soon, if not at least Ashley, I really want to sit down and talk to her. I adore her, having spent just much more time with her lately. But yes, I'm still ninety nine point nine percent sure we're getting married.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Yeah, I'm like ninety nine point one.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. I'll take it. That's good enough. And look, the reason we wanted to do this was not a show about divorce. It's really a show about love. This show is always about love, and it's not It wasn't about trying to dig up some old, you know, tabloid stories. It was how can we gain some perspective and relate to all these because we all do you know these? It happened to me. You end up on a magazine with a rip down the page, you know, the proverbial rip between you and your partner. I say, you haven't lived in Hollywood until you have the breakup photo on one of the magazines. And that's what people know you for. It's what they see, and it's just these are real human beings going through real stuff, and it's Kelly Clarkson trying to make sure her kids still feel loved and learn about love and it's doing things the right way if you can. And so hopefully you've taken a little something away from today and I appreciate you being here. As always. All the love in the world to each and every one of you, especially my beautiful fiance Elzi, who I really want to marry more than ever. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 2: Don't make me cry, I'm emotional, I'm.
Speaker 1: Tired because we have a lot more to talk about. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.