Speaker 1: It's some stuff that I would like to talk about it. I want to talk about that Eight may not necessarily want to get involved in. And I can understand that because Eight is want of them down the middle type of guys, you know what I mean. That's cool. Yeah, that's who that's who is. That's who he is. So I like to excuse him and don't make him involved, you know, get some respect. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a gangster chronically politically correct diplomatic, so he liked like I am on the peace treaty side of the game. You know, you want to just be cool, you know what I'm saying. I don't want to make no more enemies than I already made in the past.
Speaker 1: So that's that's where brother can come in. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I'm one of them type of dudes that don't give a damn about none of these people. So I'm come to say anyway, and if they don't like it, that's just too bad. You know. If they want to have a rebuttal they don't want to workom to come home or go on whoever platform and talk about it. But what I want do I'll never direspect my buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just truth. Like you know, I'm saying, I don't care about feelings. I care about the dudes and the females. But if I'm telling the truth, then they got a problem with the truth, then I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just tell the truth. I'm out of down the middle guy because I think with it Els Campson sound got older. Man, I just don't have too many more fucks to give. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, you know when we was little and we used to look up to the little forty and fifty year old grandfathers and all of that or even older, like they didn't have no filter no more. They was close to meeting the lords. So they ain't want nothing down. They just they just shoot from the hip, real raw. So that's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real. If I don't like something, I'm speak on it. Man. If I don't like somebody, I may not speak on you know. If it's something that's real personal to me, I may not speak man. But if you put your stuff out there for public assumption, yeah, or opening yourself up to somebody's opinion, somebody having an opinion about me, I don't give a fuck. But they may have an opinion about me, and they free to exercise of opinion. But speaking of opinions, man I saw some other day, man, fact Joe really oldes black black's in this country in the policy right now, Man, I definitely agree.
Speaker 2: He probably won't because he may feel like that. That type of language. You know, he been using it all his life. But times change. Just like you know, all these sayings now, whether it's the LGBT community, all that stuff used to be fair game.
Speaker 1: We used to be able to say this f the F word.
Speaker 2: We used to Eddie Murphy used to make whole routine bits this in the F word and all that, but now you can't say it. So since we're getting restricted about that, then you know, everybody gonna have to get restricted. You know, we're gonna have to redistribute this whole pain game. So if we get censored, you get censored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know what the thing is, I gotta put this disclaim rock there first and foremost. I'm messing fact Joe's music. You know, we got me and you both got mutually, you know, mutiful aquaintances. You know, talk to Homie Mugs, you know, mac one O and all them people that you know they love we cracked Fat Joe, but he was on Math Horford Show man. I guess he had an issue with the homie to riding the sheet in his platform. You know, the whole FBA thing, which I won't get into, is that right, there's a whole other level of just.
Speaker 2: I get into it though. That's what you got here a lot. You know, we could talk about a little bit, but you know, he went on there. Man.
Speaker 1: Was one of the things that I didn't like, man, was the whole just whenever you get to call on people radicals and all that other stuff. Man, those are like dog whistles for the alphabet boys. Man. Yeah, racist if you're saying the extremists or racist. Yeah. And you know when you get to talking that way about a group instead of choosing the use of the language, it can get kind of ugly.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, we saw that, and Man, you could start, you know, getting people took.
Speaker 2: Out in every level, like you said, economically, socially, politically, or physically.
Speaker 1: It can lead to all of that. It can lead to all of that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And since that Joe might have had some you know, kind of frustration, you could tell you had a lot of frustration built up. One of the things that I didn't like because it didn't have to go that far. If math haff Facilly ass w were have said something, maybe they could have diverted. All you got to do is switch it to another subject. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still think because of the climate that we're living in, and it's this this hyper sensitivity like everything is a hate word or something, that.
Speaker 1: He still would have caught. He still would have caught the same flag.
Speaker 2: Even if math Hoffer would have tried to hurry up and go to something else, unless he edited that part out, he was still gonna catch the same heat.
Speaker 1: Would have edited out. Man. Yeah, I would have too. Yeah, I would have too. I would have deleted that part because it's a whole lot of stuff on this show man that people neverw if had we've had gifts on to see things that could either incriminate them or get somebody else some trouble. That I made a decision like, you know what, man, it is going to cut that little five ten minutes off. You know, even though it might have got a lot of attention, that just some all attention.
Speaker 2: Ain't good, bro, Nah, all attention ain't good All money ain't good money. And that's what we're dealing with right now. This is the proof of it. And this is the proof of it, man. And like I said, this ain't no personal attack against Joe, but he needs to apologize.
Speaker 1: Bro. He might not do it, you know, but he needs to. He should. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And apparently he took a personal attack against Tarik and Lord Jamar, so he making it personal.
Speaker 1: I think they was.
Speaker 2: Just speaking up on trying to defend the originators or the creators of hip hop.
Speaker 1: And since so what that's for all this is coming from, Yeah, it's from all of this. It was from them saying that Puerto Ricans had no involvement in the emphasy states hip hop.
Speaker 2: Well not the EMPHASI saying, but the origination. They definitely had a part and contributed and the emfasy and the growth of it. But they're saying who originated it? So originated it of course as the black descendants of slaves. But I guess so much pride and ego and some prior claims that KRS Won and Buster Rhymes and Fat Joe and some people from like New York City. I don't know if it's New York City Breakers, Crazy Legs and some other people that was claiming that it was the fifty to fifty Cold Originator Equal Creators or something like that. So Tariq Nashi made a documentary and brought all kind of receipts and all kinds of eyewitnesses that was there and debunked that claim. And so I guess that made Fat Joe feel stupid or made him look bad in the public. So he you know, he's clapping back. Personally, he definitely went to your personal and said some personal stuff. So in his personal rant against one or two people, or or he just just f bomb the whole FBA organization or whatever that is. So that's where he let his emotions get him in high water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the emotions could be a motherfucker sometimes. Yeah, emotions, you know, I think, man, what he should have done, man, is is you see what Tarik is doing. Man, Trek is kind of taking the whole player, right about the whole thing, just like whatever. Yeah, and he can do that.
Speaker 2: Tarik is smarter or wiser. I should say he's wiser, you know what I'm saying, He's slicker. You know, he got that detailed pimp game that p game that you know, he know how to run on your on your mind and and put some bait out there and see if you're gonna buy it at it. So dude and a couple of other dude bit at it. So now he can clown them. But I don't agree with the childish roasting and all of that, And that's what really is stirring up some unnecessary beats between the communities.
Speaker 1: But specially when you sit up there, man and get the call and people broke and all that. I used always looked at that man as somebody being in a list lazy anyway, when they just oh, well you broke. Yeah, some people choose to be brown, you feel what I'm saying. And then especially when you don't know what Tarik's financial status is, right, And I think, but he didn't just say t is.
Speaker 2: But he didn't just say He didn't just say to Rek, So I'm saying he didn't even mention Tik's. Now he was more mad at Lord Jamar, so he I think he was taking a shot at Lord Jamar when he was saying broke fba, you know what I'm saying, Because he didn't even he didn't even he chose not to say Treik who is supposed to be the leader of that term, even though they're trying to say that he's not the but he's the leader of that term. Whoever thought of that term is the leader by default. Because I heard Shoe says, I don't want to mix the dude's name. I'm gonna tell you, man to read the sheet has a pretty substantial fellow. Absolutely, Man, he's a leader, even though he even though he say he don't want to be a leader, he ain't a leaders as bs.
Speaker 1: He is a leader. You're a leader of the prayer. I would almost man be remiss to say that. You know, while he's not a celebrity like Shoe to Wreak, the shee might have as many people writing for him as Joe do, probably more. I think you tommobilize more people than show if he wanted to right now, are you he can mobilize the people pleasure too, Yeah, because of the cause.
Speaker 2: If Toak, even though he in entertainment or he's doing documentaries, but his documentary is an entertainment that's still representing the accomplishments of the general Black mass is a the descendants of slaves. So Yeah, he could organize, and he has as far as I know, he organized a few like little marches or something like that. So yeah, he definitely could move some people. But I don't. I don't like how to with the inspiration or the motivation of the movement is against It's not against the slave master. It's just it's against a fellow brother.
Speaker 1: Tribe of.
Speaker 2: Indigenous people that's also victims of the same snake that bid us.
Speaker 1: So I don't that's the part I don't. I don't like. I don't like that. And that's the thing I would because, like I said, Tarika has been on our show before. Men was cool. You know, me and Jerik talk every once in a while. We don't talk every day, but me and him text back and forth sometimes. And that's one of the things I would like to sit down and talk to him about Man one day. Is that was one of the things when you know, when I was checking out, I thought it was dupe. You know, the whole foundation look like I like that, you know what I mean? It gives us all right, din you so to speak right, But the whole thing is when you get this separating all it because I'm gonna tell you this cam. This is the thing. Man, if you took an FB a foundational Black American that you're making un let's say a brother from Nigeria, right, and he put him in a room in front of a klansman. If you ask that klansman what he sees, he's not gonna say, I'll see a foundational Black American, a Jamaican and American. He's gonna say, I see three niggas, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Yeah, I don't think that's the argument. The argument ain't about current what the current uh what uh the colonizer currently sees. The argument is about what has happened to the specific people already and what we're old, like reparations. You know what I'm saying, Based on what we're old, what does this the people that's supposed to be paying our reparation see, he's gonna see it the same way, like we don't want them to see uh Jamaican and the Nigeria or whatever the same way. If it's about what we're old. So Tarika is a thousand percent correct on that, but it's still about, like I said, the comedic or the roasting and the bagging and all that. Like you can't mix that with this subject and older Kim.
Speaker 1: I want to clear it up too. I'm not here to defate none of this, you know, stuff wrong with the RIK got going on because I'm just not getting verse and all that. And I don't want to make it like I'm attacking them. It's just certain questions that I asked, you know what I mean. Yeah, this is no attack. I agree. People don't like listening nowadays. Bro, they take some stuff you see, and they go back. Oh man, Cam and Steele was on there talking about the fka't makes things. You know, they don't our head.
Speaker 2: I ain't worried about nobody be on my head, like I said, Oh, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm here for all the smoke. But I'm just saying not no one necessary stuff, especially not against snow fighters out. I feel like Tika now she has, you know, got a good thing going.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessarily a bad man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's raising the consciousness in a new modern way. But you know, like I said, certain certain the spirit behind it, a certain tactics, certain ways of him retaliating against uh trolls or against c I A coin tail pro people that's gonna that's gonna attack him a certain way.
Speaker 1: And they might call.
Speaker 2: Themselves Jamaican or Nigerian or Puerto Rican, they might be straight troll Feds, CIA, cointail pro whatever. But he they baited him into retaliating against the whole people in a certain type of disrespectful or childish kind of way, which now he bit out of bait that somebody wiser than him might have set him up to respond the wrong way to where now every you know, the whole Puerto Rican or whole non non descendative slave blacks is, you know, looking at us a certain kind of That's the thing, bro.
Speaker 1: I'm all with people having dialogue, right, we all ain't agree on everything, but I think when you get to being lazy man and you know, start trying to you know, hole, oh y'all, broke, y'all, you know what, then I'm gonna tell you this. And I'm not a hypocrite.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I used the N word way more than I should, especially in that you know, me knowing the history behind the ugly ass word.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was kind of looking at fact Joe like he's really comfortable saying that.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, that's our fault. Because we made uncomfortable saying that. So if we're not out raised at us saying that against each other, it ain't nowhere in hell and sane reality that we should be out raised at him exactly.
Speaker 1: And that's why I said, I don't like being a hypocrite. You feel what I'm saying. Hypocrite. That's clearly a hypocrite, and that don't work in real life.
Speaker 2: You can have all kinds of insane, unreasonable ieological rules that work in your own household, among other traumatized the sentences of slaves, that makes sense, and you just trying to respect your mom or your daddy because hey, mom and daddy, but that shit don't work when you step outside into the real world, they gonna judge you by real laws of hypocrisy and real laws of justice. So you taught we taught them it was okay to call us nigga because we call each other nigga.
Speaker 1: So and I'm sure man being raised in the Bronx, Yeah, they grew up with that. That's not no strange word. It's just he used it.
Speaker 2: He got baited in, just like I think Tarit got baited in by trolls from the Jamaican community or whoever that's probably saying some foul stuff to him, but he gotta, he gotta, he got a name, so when he responds, he gonna catch more heat than anybody else exactly.
Speaker 1: And see, that's my thing right there. I have heard, I've had, you know, knowing making people that feel like they don't have nothing to do with us, and and I've met that. But I've met other Jamaican people that's like, you know, were black, you feel. I've met people from Africa, d I don't have anything to do with uniquers, Yeah, and but I've met other African people. So I'm not quick to generalize everybody and looked everybody into the same. Everybody ain't in bed together, you feel what I mean? Everybody had they own and everybody have their own opinions based on their own experiences. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, with the experience to see it is. I just learned man a long time ago out I really don't like generalizing people. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Tigain, you know, he real intelligent and you know when whenever I listened to him, he able to defend his argument.
Speaker 1: But it's just once you start going into the name calling and the memes and.
Speaker 2: The unnecessary insulting because somebody insulting you, then.
Speaker 1: It goes downhill. Now you just.
Speaker 2: Invalidated your whole argument. You got a righteous cause or righteous movement or whatever. But you are the leader of it. You can't say you not the leader of it. You are the leader of it. People come to us say, okay, where did you Why did you say f DA and not NBA like doctor Claude Anderson, are not uh d fs like the honor boy Lodje Muhammad. So you are the leader of that term, and you the leader of the definition of it.
Speaker 1: You the leader of the popularization of it. So you got to you gotta take all of that, you know that come with it.
Speaker 2: You have to be more mature than you are when it comes to your ops or your critics.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well you know what though, can you ain't never talked? Have you ever met him? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't meet him in person, but I hollered that he met UH by way of glasses. Glasses got me him and me, me and Tarik on the phone about some issue that happened a couple of years ago, or something about UH. Something was going on at power or they were trying to do a march or protest at Power one oh six or something like that. So we talked about an issue similar to this before so and was it was real respectful?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It was real, real mutual love respect.
Speaker 2: He is a cool brother. Tarika's school as hell man. Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm a fan of him. I'm a fan of his personality. I'm a fan of him clown and like I love how he rose and he clown and he But when it's about a subject like this where it's representing us like this, like it's black in black versus black, I ain't with that. Like, you got to be more responsible than that. And I'm gonna tell you this, man, he came up with a brilliant movie. You know, he's the most all the movies and documentary. I'm a fan of all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, he's he's very dope, man. And when you're doing something man that's going to uplift the culture, man, especially when you talk about Black Americans, right, just you know, tain the history that we've had in this country. Man, whenever we do something that's excellent, we should all be out there applaud you feel what I'm saying. So I think this is a very ambitious undertaking man. He has to take a very seriou you're saying to me, he should have brothers like yourself, you know, brothers that got the right mindset for that type of stuff to maybe come in to help, you know, mold that man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, I'm always open for that, and I'm always opening and I'm a team player. It's just I'm a g I don't know how old Tariq is. You know, I'm fifty five, so I don't know if we're the.
Speaker 1: Same age, but I know he has had a like.
Speaker 2: Resa Risa Islam, which is, you know, twenty maybe thirty years younger than me, twenty years young like, So it's a youth. You know, youth moves the revolution. So I understand him going at the youth. But wise men in generals and you know, geez and all that is supposed to be for counsel, you don't you know, you don't really supposed to run out there and represent this without necessarily having the blessings of the counsel of people that already shed blood or you know, blood and sweat and cried and died and did whatever for this. So I'm not saying that's what he did. But you know, once you once it's black against black, then that's a that's a different that's a different animal, right there.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. That's a different cause that's not entertainment no more. Yeah, I agree, man, I agree a hundred percent. And I think you know what, And I'm not gonna steal on you. I told you when we first started. I want to go steal on this fact Joe thing don't warrant says to have no whole hour long conversation, right. I just hope that Joe swallows his pride and does the right thing. Yeah, And I don't I don't, you know, I don't think that it had to be that bad. But we make it.
Speaker 2: That bad when we when we avoid getting in front of it, and we we go too long without addressing it.
Speaker 1: And then us, especially our people, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we we love to let our imaginations and feelings run away with us, and then we're gonna start making something bigger and worser than it really was, and we're gonna force a person hand and then they gonna respond more emotionally and it's gonna be a big crash out. You know, it's just an unnecessary thing. I know, the ignorance of my people. I know how my people.
Speaker 1: Sure didn't had to handle lead as visceral as he did. You feel what I'm saying, it was kind of light.
Speaker 2: So this la let me give you this example. Still, it's like it's like Kobe. You know, it's like Kobe rest in peace. He on the court and you know, people is mad or whatever because you know, he Kobe, so they want to teach him a lesson or something. So when the ref ain't looking, they throwing elbows, they actually.
Speaker 1: Hit him or whatever. You know, they doing a few times and the ref ain't never looking. So he mad.
Speaker 2: Now Kobe mad at the ops saying he mad at the ref you know what I'm saying, because they letting him. So once he finally take off, the ref is looking, he get the tech. Now, Now Kobe is the villain, But really he been responding to something all along, but nobody else took paid attention or seen it.
Speaker 1: So I think fact Joe might be suffering from that.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it was cool for him to break the rules and get the technical nigga, you did what you wasn't supposed to do. But I don't think it was just out of a vacuum because he just racist, because that's why he was even calling FBA racist because he's understanding.
Speaker 1: Never call effect your racists or accused him of being racist, because that's not what it is. I think he's probably look culturally ignorant to some stuff, but I don't think he racist. But he said he said FBA was racist. See. You know what, though, man, the whole previous of black people being racist, that's a whole nother that's a whole nother conversation. Man. In order to be a racist, in order to do we have to be able to ask some power. But we do got power, he said.
Speaker 2: He's saying that in a sense, he's saying that Tarik is rallying together our real power, which is unity in not allowing Puerto Ricans to take credit for hip hop.
Speaker 1: So that's how should we allowed him to take credit for You know what, man, I'm gonna tell you something about this country. Right, everything that we've ever done them it has been stolen from us, rock and roll, rock and roll, stolen jazz. They you know they stole there. Everything we've done is kind of been pilfer from us and homoginized and made into some other stuff that's more palatable for the masses, right and they doing the same thing that hip hop right now, they're doing the same thing the rap right now. You feel what I'm saying, Everything we've ever had has been kind of like stole from us, and then we just get written out the whole history of it. Well, yeah, it ain't. It ain't.
Speaker 2: It ain't just never as far as I know, it's never really been stolen from a brother tribe. It's we know, it's always stolen from the by the Europeans. For but for you know, this being the case of Puerto Ricans, which is mixed.
Speaker 1: With black it's black Puerto Ricans, you know what I'm saying. So for for that to be to beef like it's.
Speaker 2: Being stolen or attempting to be stolen by Puerto Ricans, and then this particular Puerto Rican say, y'all broke ass you know FBA's y'all broken inines? Okay, Well that's where you that's where you're digging in hole for yourself, fat Joe, because that's exactly why we banging on you, because we're broke, because people like you been robbing us of our inventions and our creations and taking the credit and getting paid for it, and we died broke.
Speaker 1: So you just.
Speaker 2: Validated Tarikan and FBA's whole argument by saying that shit.
Speaker 1: Per You know what, I'm very interested to see what comes to this man over the next few weeks. Maybe maybe Fat Joe just be quiet. I hope it go away, you know what I'm saying, But I don't think this go go away no time. Nah, It's not gonna go away.
Speaker 2: And he was fresh off Fat George, fresh off the Super Bowl, I mean not the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: The World Series. He fresh off of hosting a BT Awards.
Speaker 2: He fresh off of rocking with Kamalin Harris, you know what I'm saying. So he seemed like he was way recent, just so way ingrained in the system, you know, in the in the in these people's system, that it's not gonna go away. It can't go away because as we waking up, were looking to take down the system and all of the gatekeepers and all of the people that was in the way. So he's in and he's in the wrong place at the wrong time of history right now exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, we see what's gonna happen. You know, while we're talking about hip hop and all the other stuff, kind of want to talk about one of my favorite rappers. He just released the new album, Red Man, just dropped Muddy walk on too, you know, Muddy waters Per two. I know you ain't heard of.
Speaker 2: Cam Yeah, no, so the red Man, Red Man is my my die.
Speaker 1: You know, it's one of the most Dailium seasonal You know, Redley was known as the Spinner Man. I heard his new album, Man, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: That's that's how I think about I think the sign about the Missionary album on the ice Cube album, the Man Down and the Missionary dressed the same way. I think about that. But what what reason don't you like the red Man album?
Speaker 1: You know what? Like I said, Red Man is one of my favorite artists. Man, so I'm gonna always hold him in a different regard. Now. See, I don't want to get on here misquotes stuff, man, But I'm really big on lyrics, Cammon depth of lyrics right, yeah, me too. You sound like you're being lazy. I'm gonna definitely call you the right are you're up to? Go on genius real quick man, and see if I ca the lyrics for this song. Man, But it was something like similar thumb dumb, dumb, what do he say? Some want to bust bubble guts like And it was just like it was really lazy, and I was just like, hum, I say, read men, cool this over catts, you know dad this white Man. Then they had another song on there man called uh light it Up that was like a throwback to the Posse cuts, you know that they used to have you light it up? Light it up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: It was cool if that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But man, this shit sounded like some nineteen ninety like like just some unless that's what he was doing. Bro, it just sound old and outdated.
Speaker 2: Man, Man talk about it, and he wasn't really busting like he should be.
Speaker 1: My thing is this man, we just had l to put out an album. Hell was for the fuck getting busy? Though I ain't heard, I ain't heard nothing.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't even follow I don't even follow rapping hip hop really not my generation.
Speaker 1: I know you're doing this, ain't me. I am not dissing red man. This is not personal, but Muddy Waters was one of his best albums, right, that's like his You know that's just a magnum opus. You feel what I'm saying, so to speak, You know, one of his best albums. Right. If you go do a sequel or something, man, you better make sure you come correct. I don't like the beats on the man. Some of them beat sound like some old reject ass house party beats. The sea ship like that, man, and it was just a whack ass album. Man.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, you got the right straight, but that ship was trash. So you're saying it was trash man, Man, that's what you said. What you say, what you feel.
Speaker 1: I don't mean red Man is trash. You mean you're just saying it this project and maybe I'm taking it so personal, man, from what I think about red Man as an MC red Man is that dude?
Speaker 2: Man? Yeah, Now, you just disappointed in this effort. It ain't it on that he's trash. I'm very disappointed. And you know what, I think, trash is a disrespectful word for it. I'm not gonna call my.
Speaker 1: Brother's art trash man, but it just wasn't good. I'm sorry, Red Man. And if this means I never get that Red Man interview. It's what it was, man. But I'm real. I wish I could have talked to him before he put this shit out and told him, don't put it out. I'd have told him, listen to try to fix it, man, let's try to get it. I just think, man, I just think, man, I didn't like it, man, because I don't know. Maybe y'all was the only Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way. Just wasn't that good man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I me personally, man, Like I made a few I made a whole album that I still never put out with battle Cat, and I let like three or four singles, you know, hit hit the internet for free, and I knew there was quality. But my I'm not trying to prove nothing. You know, some of it, some of us or most of us. Like I said, the Cube album, you know, I didn't even listen to. I just heard one or two songs. That first video just turned me all the way off that ego it's my ego or something like that.
Speaker 1: But the Snoop and Dre, I listened to that whole album and it really, you know, the energy or the the.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to call it. It seemed like they was trying to prove something to each other.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even like they was really trying to give the people what felt good to them.
Speaker 1: You can tell if you it's a choice. Seemed like a chore. That a chore.
Speaker 2: That that Snoop was trying to impress Dre. And I don't know exactly who Dre was trying to impress with the beat selections or whatever, but it didn't seem like they really had the fans in mind. It seemed like they was on their own thing, trying to impress each other or something, and we just didn't understand it. It didn't it didn't resonate with us at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think, man, with our oh, with our boys, man, I ain't good. I can't call them O Jesus because I'm damn near the same age, if not the same age. Most of them say temporaries you feel what I'm saying, or pears. I don't buy that whole thing where they aged they aged, don't know, because there's plenty of veteran them sees to be busting you, be buzzing, Cam Trady, be getting busy Trady does this, still is maintained his sound. You feel what I'm saying, do stuff? You know, Snoop Dogg for the most part doing stuff. Snoop Dogg still a formidable rapper.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like you know, Snoop always been able to bust. Snoop is Snoop, So Snoop ain't rappers is like Cube is Q. Cube is a businessman, an actor, or professional sports owner. So they not I don't think. I don't think they really tripping on the rap thing like that. Dre is a billionaire on other ventures like Beats by Dre or whatever, you know, So I don't think they really tripping like that about the money. But they are still trying to be relevant or still trying to show that they got us.
Speaker 1: It reminds me like of Mike Tyson and Jake Paul, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: At some point, you know, you're not supposed to be kind of trying to compete or against the youth.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to stay.
Speaker 2: In your own generation lane. You got it, you go, as long as you live, you're gonna have your your fan base of people that's our age, and you know, and it's cool to have a young feature here and there, this and that. But uh, that's what I think. I think that we ain't maturing. We ain't rapping about our age group. Like the raps that I put out is about maturity. I'm not talking about the same stuff quarters too.
Speaker 1: I'm expecting here. Red Man always came with it though. Yeah, but what what did you look for from red Man? Punchlines? And you look for controversy? Did you look with it? I looked for him just I wanted to get that funk on their dog. You know he can't. We wanted, you know, New Jersey came. That's fun. You. I was expect just some of that good old fashioned head banger boot y'all. I was expecting yourself. M hm, and there's some busting you feel what I'm saying. I don't want to hear red Man over the little House tracks dog with some the other samples. I don't know what that was. I don't want to hear him doing that.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Maybe this just dog, but but this wasn't it baby, This definitely wasn't it man.
Speaker 2: Well about the lyrics lyrically, did you did you want him to talk about something a fifty year old will talk.
Speaker 1: About or did you just are you? He was still doing this thing. He was still you know, he was still talking about smoking his weed. I'm a trump trying to find the lyrics. Man, to read some of the lyrics. Man, I had a problem with lyrics though. I had a problem. I had a problem with the lyrics though. I ain't go I'm not gonna. I'm gonna tell you who got busy on the album because he had this song, I told you to light it upbreakord with all New Jersey had to be got busy on there? Who was that? Oh yeah, he got busy on there. It beat there some other some other cats cause you know, New Jersey got some spinners. Oh yeah, it was my favorite rappers come from New Jersey. Yeah. New Jersey definitely got the spinners. And that's why I hold red Man to a very high regard. He can't do no average stuff, man, he not allowed to. I'd rather him not if he go do adverts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, I like, I like, you know, just like when he was with red Man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I like stuff where they don't care.
Speaker 2: Like meaning they pushing the envelope and they coming with new metaphors or new punchlines, like something that you can that you there's some degree of difficulty that you put some clever thought behind.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, some genius thought punch lines.
Speaker 2: So I'm not really into hearing the same thing like me personally, Like I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: About the same thing I heard about in the two Facts. My crew a little liddy. That's why we all to grab titties in the inner city. Whoa whoa, whoa hey, we get here, look around, we cook nigga. Whoa whoa, whoa hey, we calls heaving. No time for a shook nigga. You got bread? Where that your pub money? Nigga, I'm wearing that. I'm blessed. Hung little Bernie, May I mean cookies right now? We're burner at gun license. Keep it on the waist, someting looking Puerto Rican in the face. Invest everything, keep nothing in is safe. I'm mad at the meal, so you can leave it on the plate. Game time. I'm hot, sauce. One of your over women, my balls. You wear Gucci nigga knockoffs. Your girl a rap they give him top off. It's just too many ABC stuff. Man, you might have matured you might be looking for higher quality content, man, I'm just looking for him to deliver me. So you know what I think it is, man, y'all rappers man has been doing the same thing for thirty years. Don't switch up, man. Rappers is the only people I know, man, that have a successful form of going a be selling the best ribs on the block, and go switch the sauce up after a while. You know what, I'm changed the sauce up. I think you supposed to.
Speaker 2: I think that's the skill or art that we that we been failing at.
Speaker 1: I think every rapper.
Speaker 2: Is supposed to grow and suppose supposed to add today today menu.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can still keep that sauce, but you're supposed to create new sauces that's just as good or better according to the Times.
Speaker 1: And I don't think we do that.
Speaker 2: I think we get stuck trying to do the same thing, like you said, and we age out.
Speaker 1: We age it. I'm gonna take you go do it perfectly, bro, Jush does it perfectly? Man, I've been banging too short since I was sixteen. Right, He's a fall and you can tell he's a fall with the Times but he's still gonna give you the same stuff. He's still too short. Well what, in my opinion, what he's evolving with is the production. He's staying.
Speaker 2: He's saying the same stuff, But the production is what people dance to.
Speaker 1: You don't production. Me thinking about a dog red men always had flow. His flow just on somen is aggressive with me. Even he would say some crazy stuff back then, like with the boom thung dump the thune dam Den and still still flap like the hair on don King. He just the different that just way more convincing back than even though that wasn't no ultrue metaphysical, you know, lyrical miracle stuff. He still had the swag when in the and the beat was just binging with them keys bu bump a bump bone. They said that they just had a lot of figure in the man. I don't know, listen, man, I could be wrong though, I don't know. I didn't I didn't hear.
Speaker 2: But I just know the nature of us, and I know the time that we're living in and our people are craving war war lord like like controversial, like be controversial in your style, still still popular ship, you know what I'm saying. But push the envelope and say some new stuff with that same style that you that you didn't say before.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what we was attracted to.
Speaker 2: You said some wild ship, you know what I'm saying, in a fly away that matched your personality. So they gotta, I think they gotta find more different subjects to talk wild shit that's up to date.
Speaker 1: Now, this is what I'm talking about. Hey, Hey, what's the deal? Bro? Cannabis five? All of my lingo troub limo, my nine out the window. Reggie came, I still got it. Gilla House, Nino Brown Hall pushed product in the trench. My money don't need a rents. I'll survived. Fourth quarter, I plead the fifth. Hey, I rock chains, a hustle hard, my chest stout like I'm in the yard. I'm looking like, who the fuck are y'all see? I'm gonna count these half ass bars in here for you? All right? White say, Hey, hey, what's the deal, bro cannabis five? All of my lingual I accept that right from let them over, nine off the window, bla blah blah. Reggie came, I still got it. Guilla House, Nino Brown how pushed product and in the trench. My money don't need a rents. How I survived fourth quarter? I plead the fifth, that's okay. How I rocked? You change a hustle hard, my chest out like I'm in the yard. I'm looking like, who the fuck are y'all my crew got juice? Marlly ma ah um, I shouldn't let me see you want to slide bro and meckle up? I shipped on the track of bubble Guts. I'm not gonna say no more some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So in my right hand, some of that stuff I know, I'm I'm I'm gonna because I don't that ain't that ain't the stuff that I listen to either way, like I would.
Speaker 1: I would have to hear the beat and the hook.
Speaker 2: To me, the beating the hook is going determine whether whether I would even listen to that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because that's just not learning that I be on. You want to slide bro lethel look ship in the track bubble Guts man, that's he said, lauck are y'all my crew got juice? Marley Marrow. Oh, that's just such a big old man. That was a metaphor and a half right there. You know what, This ain't no knock on him, man, I just wish man.
Speaker 2: You just holding and you want to hold him to a higher standard that you used to going to a higher standard.
Speaker 1: Man, I hold him really to a high regard. I'm gonna tell you where I wouldn't disappointed that the track that he got with metha man is actually that's that's cool, That's that's dope. Okay, So he got with methic man is all right, they go good together. They like peanut butter and jelly, you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm just saying, like, you know, really and I really hate man. I almost didn't do this, man. But one thing I said in twenty twenty five is I'm gonna start really saying how I feel man. Coming off the conversations I have off here, I'm not I'm gonna tell you this. I'm not gonna be no phony ass nigga no more. And I'm not saying that in a bad way. But I have been kind of fake because I talked one way off the camera. Then I get over here and I'll be trying to be too political correct. I'm not doing that shit. Yeah, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 1: So if people, if I lose friendships, if I lose people that don't want to fuck with me, no more, that's too bad. At least you will know you can get in the honest opinion out of me. Dog.
Speaker 2: But if you're a real friend, then you gonna respect that I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with my friends. My friends don't agree with me. That's what.
Speaker 2: That's why they my friends because we fight or gets it there, And that's.
Speaker 1: Just me keeping the real man because I feel less a character flow, right, I feel something. We don't say stuff, and I feel we be trying to protect the feelings of dudes that don't get a damn about us.
Speaker 2: Right, and I get accused of that so much for the last three decades. Why you, Why are you trying to tear another black man down?
Speaker 1: Like damn?
Speaker 2: So when you when you check somebody on, they on, they bull they bs, that's tearing them down just because I got the heart to check them that. You're scared because you know I got some you know my word, hohold weight. I don't got money, but you know I got something else. I got an army in a brotherhood that that you can't play with so you can't just write me off like I'm broke or bitter or irrelevant. So you say you got to say, you got to accuse me of hate or something like I'm tearing another black man down, Like if he really that solid, if these dudes is really that big and they yo idol, I can't tear him down.
Speaker 1: Why you worried about it? If I can tear him down or not, I'm not. My thing is this, dog. I don't do stuff to get attention. I'm not. I don't pull the publicity stunts do all right. I'm not gonna go out and try to find a whole bunch of people's paperwork and start trying to do all this and that. I'm not doing all that. Dog, I am just going to tell the truth. And I think I know something about Gradman or so the Gang of Records. Man, he has every story career. I'm just telling his brothers. Man. When it comes time, man to throw your stuff, take a little bit more time into a man. I really ask for people's honest opinions, Dude, I trust yourself for ask honest opinions. Man, go over your stuff. But I know if I'm writing something for somebody though I go over a fine tooth come and I actually call people who out respect and say, listen this to me, you really think about it. I don't want to mess with no, Yes man, Dog, Yes man, it gets you in trouble.
Speaker 2: Dog, Well, what about what about under the influence, Like if we at a certain age, it could be that after years and years of smoking and smoking, maybe you know, maybe the brain cells ain't really holding holding.
Speaker 1: Or maybe and I hate seeing this man, maybe even maybe trying to bring a few more pins in the room.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, yeah, as long as you ain't trying to brag about being a you know, the best, the best rapper, because all these people that's claiming the best rappers ain't ain't right now on rhyme.
Speaker 1: So we all it's a whole bunch of people. I'm gonna tell you right now, Man, Dray can't the only dude in town that's getting help with his U. They got the mother pinions floating around the room. Dog, it's a whole bunch. It's some of the most classic albums we don't never heard. Dog don't have people that you never would hear of Dog writing the raps in ants.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, man, I know a dude from LA right now. I tell you I ain't gonna say his name just because I ain't trying to listen to no controversy. It's a dude in LA writing now, Dog, that got heat one of the most he rap his he can get it. He couldn't get his own career cracking, but he gonna some top nine hits for some big artist, dog man. I mean, sh look at and it was so frustrating for him with the game though he don't even rap no more.
Speaker 2: I understand it. That's just like Michael Jackson. That's not what happened to Michael Jackson. But Michael Jackson is the king of pop, king of so RB since he was ten years old. But he wasn't writing none of them songs. He wasn't writing them hits. So he's a he's the king of performing, he not the king of writing. Can't nobody beat him, you know, performing, but writing, he wasn't the writer, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you know what, though, Dog, the thing is, he's a pop artist, right, He's a singer, right, dip prop should be different, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that's what we buy about it, If that's what he bragging about, because that's supposed to be our story. If we rapping, we ain't got to worry about holding and know of playing no instruments. So we gotta be one thousand percent mastery of our own story. We supposed to be the masters of ceremony of our own story.
Speaker 1: Nobody else is really supposed to be telling our story but us or white whiten our story but us. Now, I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna see something. Man, you can never call a whoror your X animal niggas should be walking on all fours. I used to get past us, but they vacated giving folks being done like I'm cash traded. See, I ain't gonna be lazy with it work. But these niggas too high to fight. It's more than likely your favorite rapper, a side of mic clowns. Don't bother the game full of lame mass niggas and did beat fathers from since the eighties and all the flatial Yeah, I'm on my own stick. It form antver more when I'm act the smashing, these little bastards trying to pull me out the pastor means I don't man, I keep my blade sharp, and I'm a podcaster now, dog, I don't call myself no rapper, but I keep my blade sharp just in case. Bro Well, I you know, I you know, we need to we need to do something together.
Speaker 2: Then I need to I need to test my blade out too, because the biggest records be the ones that you don't care. I don't care. I'm not even trying to do nothing. I'm just trying to be you know, I'm trying to be uncomfortable. I'm trying to make people uncomfortable. That's that. That's what rapping, hip hop and battle and used to be. Say some controversial shiit, say some ship that like you said the something about the side of my head or something like that. Them in the bars I love. I like every bar. I gotta have something like that in it. And I want to add fun because Kim, what what percentage you say of these rappers? Man's down a little due.
Speaker 1: Rappers. If you big, if you a big name rapper.
Speaker 2: That I would say ninety is down low.
Speaker 1: All of these dudes have done something, Man, A large force of these rappers are dead beat fathers. How many rappers do we know? Who the ninth children? Oh that that might be one hundred percent. That's what I'm saying. You know, It's like, man, my thing is this. If you go out and approcreating, you deny something, bro, just because you messed up that you're trying to keep your not trying to get up, no money whatever. You're a pathetic man, you were saying. Man, Now I'm gonna tell you what I'm not mad at. I'm not mad at the dude decided Okay, before I determine, you know, we need to go determine that this is my child because you might be a woman that don't got around no defect to get a test. Once that child has proved to be yours, bro, once that child has proven to be yours, Bro, you should do the right thing. You just can't. How the hell you're gonna hide a whole human being through that don't even make sense to me.
Speaker 2: I may hide them from the public or hide them from yourself.
Speaker 1: You know what I think, Bro, I think these guys have lies at home, right, Like they may have a wife or a significant other, someone that they got a relationship with, right, and I think they go do stuff that ain't necessarily morally correct, and they go up in somebody wrong. Get somebody pregnant the girl I'm pregnant. Oh man, let's get a test. They found the baby is theirs? Right? Hide from the woman that just don't acknowledge it, or pay them off or do whatever you know, just to sign. But my thing is this, how can you hide a whole human being? Bro?
Speaker 2: You made a decision. Take be accountable for your actions. Dog, Yeah, it depends on what you mean by hiding them. So like I said, I got I got six offspring. I hide them, but you know I claim them like you don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not young about that game was. I don't need people to know who my kids heal is either, like you know, especially when they look right. But what I'm seeing me is if you co if you're doing something man, and you that says a lot about your character. Me. Where if you out running with somebody who you think is suspect raw, you just seeing your seat with anybody so on your seat everywhere? You irresponsible? Right? These catchers have kids, dog, and the kids get older, right, they gonna start eventually looking and research and stuff and finding out like, hey, now I heard dude is my father? He ain't shit? It's so many dudes and they figured that's the right thing to do. Dog. They're not helping the kids financially, they're not there for them emotionally. Dog, they just don't support them. I'm serious, man, I would never have nothing in as mind dog out they just living any kind of way, I would have to take accountability for what I did. Yeah, that's why we're different.
Speaker 2: That's what separates the man from the boys, and the week from the tears, and the sheep from the goat. So you can't out finest the laws of nature, the laws of divine justice.
Speaker 1: What you think you getting away is you're not getting away with And.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna be those offspring that's that's gonna take you up out of here.
Speaker 1: They're gonna either cause you the.
Speaker 2: Biggest public humiliation or they gonna take you up out of here. So your own enemy, your own conqueror, your own biggest op.
Speaker 1: A lot of times come out your own testicles. Man, I'm gonna tell you this, A man's child is his legacy. Though me its supposed to be supposed to be. You know, I think you have to take that very seriously. Girl, I think you're gonna beave the curse existence. I don't care how much money you got until you do break. But kid, everything you do go, They was done in the dark coming to light. Man, And I take that very serious.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: If you while you're having kids, dog, I told both of my sons, I said, you you ever have the son, you ain't taking care of your son. You ain't no more thanks yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got some wise words from you know, some of my soldiers way back in the days. And and I t todd all my sons and like you know, don't don't smash nobody that if you got them pregnant, you will be sick. You feel you'll feel sick that you that you got they got them pregnant. So in other words, whoever you smash, and you should be able to see yourself have a child with them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Not run, not run the planned parenthood, but you should be able to see yourself a funny even if I don't marry or you know what I'm saying, I'm not sick. I don't have no problem with with claiming them and being their form over that thing.
Speaker 1: And that's my thing. Bro. If you can go out and have if you up there have unprotected relations with a woman, she'd butter be somebody that she will be down and marry. If if if, if she said she was pregnant. Oh, you know what, Let's do the right thing. I'm feeling you in a way. Let's go, let's go get married. That's that's how it should be together. We need to go form a union together so we could do the best for them that we can. Because, contrary to popular belief, when you have a kid, your wife and your hopes and your dreams is over with. It's all about that baby's hopes and dreams and ambitions now. So you need to be there to support them in any way that you can. And I want to be reached with you. I'll stop listening to caest music as I find out they did be fathers and to me, that's the most disappointing thing ever. Man, he don't take care of his kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means you can't. When it comes down to us, You're gonna leave me for dead.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. You can't be if you get I'm gonna tell you like this, anybody, if you get with a girl and you see her disrespecting her mom and her father, run away from it because if she can't respect their mother and father, she damn sure not gonna respect you. But at the same time, you a man. The nature of a man ain't to rely on a woman. So I'm not depending on you to respect me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put you through certain tests and based on how you score and how you rank, that's gonna determine how close you're gonna be allowed in my in my my life, or in my life at all. So yeah, we don't look at women for the same thing women looked at us for.
Speaker 1: I just think man like, really, I made a conscious decision that I was gonna be responsible, and when I did have kids, it was gonna be I was gonna have you know, stuff happened, right, stuff happen. You may have relationships do that don't work out as long as you can't carry your kids, right. I've always said, ding I really put efforting of that to me saying, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep all my kids in the same household. That's it's possible. And you know, and I got lucky. I had one wife and all my kids are with the same woman.
Speaker 1: See that is that's rare. That's a needle in a Haystadt. You know what, though I was selected with what I did, I knew, like I just told you, if you gonna lay up with somebody, especially, you're not protecting yourself, did Bud. It be somebody that you gets like, man, they're a good person, or somebody that you don't mind being stuck with, because I'm to tell you there are odds, even if you don't want to, Milly you, there are odds that y'all can have a child together. Y'all can get a child together, even though y'all may say, you know what, we're not comfatible as a couple, but we are gonna have to co parent this human and make him or her a productive, mental, healthy member of society. So we're gonna have to work together. That may means she may start getting involved in the relationship. You may establish a relationship. That means you need to be honest with some other people and say, look, I got a son, I got a daughter. You know you and a mom don't got nothing going on together, but we cool, we do co parents, so you are go see her. If you can't deal with that, let me know.
Speaker 2: Now, be honest with people, absolutely, and that's what that's what. That's what dude's biggest problem is, is they cow or they liars.
Speaker 1: We're liars.
Speaker 2: Most of us are liars, and we will really get way more cooperation from the female that we think we'll be scaring off if we told them the truth.
Speaker 1: If we taught them the truth and told to.
Speaker 2: Them straight up up front, and you told it to them bold, and he told them to it, you know, of course respectfully, then she might initially be like, nine, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: But then she gonna go.
Speaker 2: Home and think maybe days, weeks go by, whatever, and then she's gonna be like, I respect him because he told me the truth up front. Because in the meantime, she's gonna be calculating the niggas that that had babies and extra baby mamas that didn't tell her up front, and she'd already dedicated too.
Speaker 1: Much time and energy to them niggas, and then she gonna have just baby mama number three. Want to see that if she would have got the right information at the beginning, she made what said, you know what, I'm not missed one of him. This dude already got three baby mamas. I'm gonna be baby mama number four. Does he obviously not'm gona mayor you nobody. He obviously just want to just go out and do his thing. Guys, y'all need to be honest with them girls when you're all out there.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, just be honest and when And we already you know, a shortage of real dudes. If you a black dude, they are Black women already outnumber you. So they gonna they you know, they gonna play a certain kind of role, but they gonna get along and be like, Okay, I'd rather share, you know, fifty percent of a solid real man than one hundred percent of no man or ten percent or you know what I'm saying, or ninety percent.
Speaker 1: Of a week dude or something like that.
Speaker 2: So if you're telling the truth, that's going that's gonna rank higher than a than a fake or weak dude that's lying that she got she got all to herself, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's their logic. And this is the thing, bro right, And I stand on that. If you are a man and you decide, you know what, I am going to sleep with this woman, bury back. And I don't think people understand when you have sex with somebody, man, that's a spiritual thing. Even just think of the physical act and the immediate gratification from it. Man, But you actually giving them people, you actually giving each other a piece of y'all soul in y'all spirit. Yeah, you feel what I'm saying. You ain't get somebody, that's that's that's what it is. That's why you know weird man. You know the creator. I think they created us a certain way for a reason. You feel what I mean, that's just a little bit. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And and whether you so called protected or not, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Protection don't stop the.
Speaker 2: Spirit that when he opening, when you opening your body, open yourself up, male and female, I don't got nothing to do with no protection. You you're doing that spiritual act. So it's still the science exactly. So so you sharing the spirit with somebody.
Speaker 1: And I remember, man, one thing I saw when I was a kid that always had an impression on me. You remember how we would go to the high school, the junior high. We would go to the nurse's office to get something to get it cut, and you get it, you know, a banded you know, if you abandoning whatever they got the little posters on the wall. I never will forget looking at this poster that had these two people standing with each other, right, and see it every time you sleep with somebody that you're sleeping with, whoever they slept with. And it was a thing about herbes, right, you know, on the wall of herbes. It showed the girl thing had a whole line of people like buying her, and we had a whole line of people. And I was just like, damn, that's deep, man. So you're taking in all the mother people's spirit too. Now, you know, it's a whole spiritual component to that. Man, what y'all want to get into right now? Cam, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I know I'm asking people pissed off at me after this episode, but y'all get used to it because I am going to start telling stuff like the deals. I'm not pulling little punches no more.
Speaker 2: Dog. Hey man, you know we at the end, at the end of the world, the end of the podcast. You know what I'm saying, the end of grace to end the patience. So man, let it fly and rawn up.
Speaker 1: I think they just gold on. This might be the last episode of Fun twenty twenty four. Let me see, Man, let me see. You know what, man, this this is the last episode of twenty twenty four. Man, Man, you know what, Man, I never thought. Man, it's funny. Man. I never thought, dog, that I would be podcasting for as long as I had been. Dog, I've been doing this and started off with Glasses in twenty sixteen on this stuff. You know what I'm saying. Hold On said, if I get glasses On here, right, make it official. Yeah, I I wanna talk to him about gold On. I'm gonna see if I give them damn breaking news DJ Academics. They're squabbling over at TD Scissor Fire punches her manager. I had to talk to the homie Punch and see what's going on. Man. You know what, Man, that's the thing Man getting artists is rough man. Punch puts in the game. He discovered her dog. If Punch probably wouldn't have found her doll and talked to her, she probably wouldn't be here.
Speaker 2: Man. That's something that we can talk about next time, uh or the next episode.
Speaker 1: But I want to see it for him. I don't want to see if she can come on real quickly. This is last episode to the other year. This is last episode of the year Dog. This is crazy, man, and in this show itself, man or been through so many changes, Man, why ain't you go going to Yeah? Yeah, he ain't got a ground to that.
Speaker 2: But you know, everything evolved, like we said earlier, even about like rap and and our favorite rappers or whatever. You know, we're supposed to evolve, were supposed to change. So it ain't it ain't It ain't necessarily wrong to change. It's just like we want to make sure the change is improvement and not the other way a line.
Speaker 1: You know what, Man, I would want to do that. Man, eight is a really good podcast partner. Man. I enjoy having your man as a host because eight is just cool. Man. He don't he don't cause no waves. Man, He's just a good dude. You feel what I'm saying. He comes on, he does this thing. Man, No, he didn't into the stuff like I am. You know, A he gonna keep stuff right, He's gonna keep stuff neutral. You feel what I'm saying. Yeah, he stuff neutral and that's cool. I'm not gonna do that, dude. That's why we're gonna probably work out even more perfect.
Speaker 2: You know about to say, are you I might be a little deeper into stuff than you are, you think, so yeah, I know it's all yeah, So we're gonna we're gonna figure that out as we go with what your envelope is versus what my envelope is, because you know I push my envelope away.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a level. It's a level that you go camp. I can't go with you down them always, man. Yeah, you know some of us out of state, you know, slide.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, So so say less.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I got you you m U m C eight to me, to me, to me, to me you m C eight.
Speaker 2: Like how you say m C eight is neutral to you? Like you know what I'm saying to to me?
Speaker 1: You you like m C eight. You know it's level. I will go to, man, it is the left luck we will go too, but it's certain stuff I might fight. I ain't gonna make disrespect nobody. And you know what, I never disrespect nobody. No, you don't. But you you go, you go to a you take it to a certain place, don't, right, you take it to a certain place.
Speaker 2: So you you you my you, my governor? You the reason why I don't go there? Well, man, I just try to keep it just, you know, looking. Sometimes you gotta let people know what it is do.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard Q's album yet, Man, I ain't heard the whole album.
Speaker 1: I heard two or three songs.
Speaker 2: But uh, like I said, based on the first album, and I know the science of a first single. In the first video, I was like, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. I did a reaction. You know, I was on here when it first came out. I did a reaction, and you know, on Digital soap Box, so I said my feelings.
Speaker 1: You know, people be hearing this stuff too many. They be at these spots watching this stuff and getting mad as hell.
Speaker 2: Well, I welcome anybody that gets mad and esteemed to come on a campaign podcast right here on Digital Soapbox Network. Still might not give you a shine or give you a time to speak up, but I welcome that.
Speaker 1: I welcome all the critics, the critiques, the detractors, the all of that, the ops. I welcome that.
Speaker 2: As long as you ain't disrespectful and offensive, then I love to hear you know, you know, your critique of me, and compare me to whoever I'm criticized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is as to this album is called man Down exactly, Man Down, It's my Ego. The album features be Real Corrupt Exhibit, Mike Epps, Killer, Mike Bust, The Rhymes, the three other members of Mount West. One first single is my Ego. I heard the single it's my ego and shouts out to d because that's my that's my bro. I was gonna say, I kind I like that track. I haven't really wanted to invept on that song. I've heard it. I like to beat.
Speaker 2: I thought the beat, yeah, any exit, like I said, any anytime you know you hear a beat like I know.
Speaker 1: EHK is a hit maker. He makes hits. He's a smash hit maker when it comes to beats.
Speaker 2: But you gotta know how to do justice to his beat them.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read the lyrics West Coast. It's just the doses. I can't overdose on the whole shit minutes to this pimp shit. I've been a minister since an infant. I was Kendrick before Kendrick rock and roll all the famer like Hendrix. So you can vomit on that bull ish or you can choke on your own spit when your boys in the pool pit. Try to rob my church. I'm gonna rob you first. I'm gonna do the funeral and drive your hers. I'm gonna hug your mama for I steal a purse. I'm gonna hunt your beasts because because I'm the curse shaping my verse and reverse. He's passed out. Go get a nurse. She passing out from vast months of ash to month. I'm cashing out. It's is that Red Man? Yeah, Cube a little bit more potent than Red Man, though, you know what some of his stuff, you know what, man, see, I ain't. I haven't listened to that song hard enough man to give it no, to give it no real eva, to give it no real eva. But I ain't made it that I got to hear right? You flow it though? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well that that's the that's the determining factor, because the flow is uh.
Speaker 1: The flow is is is uh waste management.
Speaker 2: The flow is is Thursday morning or Friday morning on the curve tricks ash. You said it's boo boo boo boo on a stick. Oh man, I want to know. I wanted to bring the honey glasses in here.
Speaker 1: Last night. I was talking man, you know this is the last episode of the year.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. It's pretty good. Yeah, we were just talking the old bunch of shit. So you're gonna get depleted the fifth because you wasn't around earlier. Boy, this was the torture. Shame bring early we were told some ship torture.
Speaker 1: Chamber man saying, that's about thing twenty twenty five. How I talk off the off camera, I'm talking like that on the podcast. I'm telling the truth. I'm not holding nobody's feelings. I'm not holding nobody's feelings. I don't give a damn about no feelings. It's gonna be all with what them niggas say. I ain't even gonna say it, but I like, this is the facts of a feeling. Shit, it's gonna be my opinion over feelings, over your feelings. Whereas it is your hands is help. Your hands is on point. Man, Hey, it's gonna have to deal with the beat. If my hands ain't that point, my trigger finger is. I worry, Well, wasn't for killing none of these people? Still? You know what, man, I'm telling the truth in it. The truth hurts set me free. Need to tell the truth, don't you give you opinions long as you're in disrespect nobody. Sometimes the truth could be disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Hey man, And you know what I ain't. I ain't gonna go back into that. Have you a Red Man's new album? No, you heard a Cube new album?
Speaker 1: Some of it? Why ain'tna listen to the whole thing? I've really been off gn X that's the next album, So good man.
Speaker 2: That's the great answer. What about what about Dolf? What about Snoop? What about Snoop and d I ran it through, I ran it through once or twice. But what's your thoughts? Which one sound the best? Missionary or man, damn, I gotta finish.
Speaker 1: Listen to q Botbum. I like Missionary a little bit more of first listen, what is it that you like?
Speaker 2: You like like the flow, you like snoop rhymes, or you like the beat selection production?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean so there's a there's a nostalgic fill of Snoop and dre to automatically come when they rap with each other.
Speaker 1: I think not to cut you off?
Speaker 2: Which one do you think retain the standard that we used to? Did you think any either one of them fell off on on like did did? Did Snoop live up to his his standard of lyrics or maybe exceeded it, And did Drace live up to his standard of production that we that were expect from him or exceeded.
Speaker 1: So Snoop to me, is still culturally where he's supposed to be. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's saying, I think Dre is going somewhere differently musically, but I heard the Marsham Bros. Album, so I expected to be kind of a little different. What's dope about where he's at?
Speaker 1: To me? What I appreciate.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously I grew up on the same Doctor Dre everybody my age did, so it was I got more culture from the music versus now where I'm listening to him actually really make music. Like I've always said, hip hop wasn't about music. Still kind of gets mad at me, but hip hop is about culture first and music second. And I think with this these records, specifically when it comes to Drake part of the production, it's music first, culture second. So it's interesting to see. I think they made a really bodywork that's indicative wh where they at right now. Like some guys that just did the Super Bowl, oh and some guys that just you know, was on the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's where they should be since you saying they was in a really big, massive on worldwide environments, they were supposed to go all and make a bunch of pop music.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that's the next change, you know. I mean, I think same thing for Aerosmith. Aerosmith was big in the seventies. You know, by the time they got to the late nineties, two thousands, they's making power ballots like the song that was a theme song for Armageddon. You know, uh, you know what I'm talking about. That I could spend my life just to hear you you know, that big power ballot they did on Armageddon. So I think to watch them try to transition hip hop into the pop iconic status like rock bands hard to do, you know, before them, is interesting to say the least.
Speaker 2: What about say, like we clearly hear that Dre is taking his expression of hip hop his productions somewhere else. Do it seem like Snoop was taking his somewhere else? Or you see them like so right, Snoop is right there? So do it does Did that work? Does that work for you? Does it work for for Snoop to be giving us what we want from Snoop, but Dre not giving us what we want from Dre on a Snoop Dre record, Snoop Dre album.
Speaker 1: I mean, as a producer, writer, the show, Jill, it's like his his his journey to take it where it needs to go.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think that's the that's a great that's a great point.
Speaker 1: But I think, you know, trying to get