Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio.
Speaker 2: News, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to you some stocks on the move, Alex. You're looking at the gainer, so right, certainly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One sector that is having a really strong start to twenty twenty six is the furniture stocks, and that is, of course, after the White House House paused its tariffs on furniture. Our Age is up about eight percent today and then Wayfair up six percent. This is after President Trump on Wednesday said that he would keep that twenty five percent tariff on furniture that he issued back in September. He was supposed to raise it to thirty percent at the end at the start of twenty twenty six rather, but he said that discussions around trade are going well, so he's not going to do that. And I just want to talk about the performance of some of these companies last year. Wayfair sort one hundred and twenty five percent. This was as consumers went bargain hunting opted for some cheaper options. On the other hands, the fancier companies like our h didn't do so well, our h down more than fifty percent on the year. And you guys remember that earnings call in April when the CEO actually was watching his stock tank.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not going to repeat it.
Speaker 3: That a good thing to do, all right, Norah, you've got to decline it for us. Walk us through Vivian.
Speaker 4: Yes, So we saw shares of Rivian closing lower by about one point six percent on the day. This is after the company reported fourth quarter deliveries that fell short of the average analyst estimate. They did have production that came in line. Of course, all eyes are going to be on its earnings report. It's fourth quarter twenty twenty five earnings report comes out next month, so we'll really be parsing through that. But I mean, this is a company that finished up by about forty eight percent on the year for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do Tesla.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, let's might as well skip to it. That's another peer that we're looking at. We see shares of Tesla that ended lower by about two zero point six percent. This is actually as seven straight day of losses as we look at that continued streak. But we did see shares of Tesla that we're up about eleven percent on the day. But we do know that Tesla has essentially given up its title as the world's top seller of EV cars to China's BYD. We were talking about this a bit earlier. Maybe people may not be as familiar with the car buid in the US, but it's certainly very popular.
Speaker 3: Build idea, that's what it stands for, dreams.
Speaker 4: The more you know, it's definitely really I love it.
Speaker 3: I know he is right. Yeah, all right, so Tesla not so great. But BYD let's go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, BYD closed up a five percent. That's US listed shares. We love a big winners and loser stories. Tesla was the loser clearly, and BYD the winner. It actually increased its battery electric vehicle sales for both the quarter and the full year, unlike those dismal numbers from Tesla, and some of the reasons that it's been outperforming and doing so is because it actually offers cheaper models, they're more accessible, it has strong overseas sales, and Tesla, on the other hand, has been shifting its focus away from those evs more to autonomous vehicles. And AI ambitions.
Speaker 3: Bletch, can't I am here in the US exactly?
Speaker 2: You at least the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.