Speaker 1: Let's start off with Wicked because it's on our minds. Donalds and I both loved it very much.
Speaker 2: Joel, did you very much?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: Zach text me and he was like, so, when are you seeing Wicked? And I said, have tickets for the singalong on Christmas? And he said that's too far away. And so then I called my dad and I was like, how did you like Gladiator? He's like, I took your mom to see Wicked instead, and I was like, how.
Speaker 3: Did you like it? He's like, Joelle, I loved it.
Speaker 4: And my dad doesn't get he's a really medium guy, so he says, loved it. I was like, let me strap it. So I bought some tickets, said.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it was so good.
Speaker 2: It's literally the Citizen Kane of musical adaptations. It is the Citizen.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think the closest. I mean, there's, of course, there's several movies that have come before that are are really sound of music. Greece, Chicauiz, The Wizard of Oz, Chicago. I mean, I'm not sold on that one as much as I'm sold on we don't need to but let's I'm gonna tell you something right now. Wicked is you know La La Lands was still my favorite musical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not an adaptations, not an adaptation.
Speaker 2: As far as adaptation goes, this is damn near perfect. I'm trying to find flaws.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of notes. I had a couple notes. I'm not love to hear them. Well. Before I get to my couple notes, I will also say I loved it. I thought John Chu did a fantastic job. Myron Kirstine, who edited the movie, has cut three of my four movies, so I'm very proud and happy for him. I thought it was brilliantly edited. Everything, every department, every crafts person who worked on those sets, enormous sets, and the choreography and the costumes, and I mean it was just epic. I was saying to my nephew, who loves Marvel movies, I'm like, I don't get to see money spent like this for my interests, and this, I felt like, was like getting to see two hundred million dollars or whatever it was spent on something that I would enjoy, And it was so fun to watch all of that unfold.
Speaker 2: But it's of the level of Marvel movies though. That's the thing that's so great about it. It's like, if you are a Marvel fan, or if you are a fan of fantasy and wizards and dragons or whatever it is, this movie also is for you, believe it or not. This is one of those things where it's just undeniable. I love the story that John Chuo talks about, tells where George Lucas called him up right after leaving the movie theater and he's like, listen, I don't know if you know this. I'm a filmmaker myself. And John's like, okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see this video. That's funny, said that to me, and.
Speaker 2: He's like, you get it. You did it right. You understood, you understood the assignment, and you went out there and you executed it. I'm really excited to see part two spoiler.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Out of wait a year, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: But this is the longest instrument intermission ever.
Speaker 1: And it's done by the way it's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's locked already.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know that to be a fact, but bring I don't. I don't know that to be a fact, but I don't. I don't think and I could be wrong that they were always planning on breaking into two movies. I could be totally wrong, but that made me think that I suppose when they decided to make it two movies, they were like, all right, put that to the side, let's risk work on this. We have a year, and then obviously let's not buried lead. I thought that both the well, all the whole cast, but the two ladies were just absolutely perfect.
Speaker 2: Arrivo and Grande. Yeah, yes, Citia Arrivo and Ariana Grande. I mean, I'm gonna say I think Ariana Grande deserves an Oscar. That's just me personally.
Speaker 1: She's definitely nominated.
Speaker 2: I think she stole the movie. I think I think it was meant for her to steal the first act.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joel, they look at you. Well's reaction to that, Joelle did a head twist.
Speaker 2: I think the second act is all a revo if I remember correctly. But Arianna's first. You know, they don't unleash Cynthia until the dance, and that's pretty much the end of the movie.
Speaker 4: At that are you see the Wizard of the Wizard and I and my whole audience broke out into it was our first applause break of four. I think the Wizard and I, which is Cynthia's first song where she goes, oh my god, Bret taking on the plane and giving you all of the sound of music, kind of feels sure.
Speaker 2: But it's early on in the movie, and at that point you're looking for you're looking for I'm just saying it, in the earlier parts of the movie, you're looking for the comedy, the pace, and all of that stuff to be introduced. By the time they get to the ballroom and she walks in with the hat, that's when it becomes a remote from that.
Speaker 1: I think you just, well, who knows, but I think you're reacting to the fact that Arianna has almost every li in the movie except for Bowen Yang, who was very funny. So funny, yeah, so, but you know Ariana's comic timing. Of course, her choice I mean crush her voice is ridiculous, but also her comic timing was incredible. I mean, in the popular number, all the little little things she's doing.
Speaker 4: When she's switching around on the floor, I was dying, dying, And to Donald's point about being marvel, I was just gonna say, really quick, like the flight sequence, breathtaking. And we've seen a lot of flight in a lot of films, and I thought to be able to bring a level of originality and still like an ad inspiring element this late in the flight on film game is really impressive.
Speaker 1: I agree. First of all, the sets were clearly practical. I mean, yeah, so the sets just looked so. I mean, I can't the amount of money they spent on those sets, It's hard to imagine. And then so then the CGI stuff didn't look bad at all. It all looked great. I thought, yeah, do you know they like that tulip field is real?
Speaker 3: They played like millions of bulbs.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Poppies, the poppies, Poppies amazing, John Chu, I mean it's all him, man. I mean it's obviously everyone, all those thousands of people that worked on the movie, but I mean he led quite a team to that scale of that movie is enormous.
Speaker 2: That not only the scale, the pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to deliver, Yeah, for all of.
Speaker 2: These people, for Arianna, for Cynthia. The pressure to deliver was definitely on them and they did it. And they it's like they it was like they were able to. I don't know how, but you know, you you see the interviews and they're crying, and you're like, I understand.
Speaker 1: Speaking with Joelle. Can you playing to me what this holding space thing is because I need you, my favorite queer person, to break it down, because I don't know what is happening is what is happening in that interview, So.
Speaker 4: One I would just say that the original interview. I think it's a misappropriation of the words, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: To hold space for something is not to consider the lyrics or find inspiration with. It's really usually sitting oftentimes with something uncomfortable and making room and space for when they're Usually as a society, we would not, So I don't think it's an accurate use of the term. However, I do think a lot of queer people love Alphaba and identify with her. We saw Arianna and Cynthia on a press tour, so you know, Alpha was probably a little gay, just probably a little queer maybe, And so I think what they were talking about was like in this defying gravity, which if you don't know, the musical sort of Alphaba, the which are the west like power anthem, and it's this moment when she turns her back, I want society expects her to do and really embraces herself, and a lot of queer people can identify with that, and I think that's what she was trying to suggest.
Speaker 1: Right, So what she was trying to say was like a lot of queer people identify with the lyrics of defying gravity. It was a funny meme, though I.
Speaker 2: Didn't understand it.
Speaker 4: I've been using alling space inappropriately all over the place.
Speaker 2: I can I just say one last thing about this and then we can move on.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that they made defying Gravity not this vindictive like in the play. At the when it gets to the act break, she's wicked because she's so pissed off at everything. Oh fuck everybody, I'm gonna fucking get out of here, and fucking you don't like me. I don't like you either. I'm wicked. And in this they made it seem like there was hope at the end. This woman's gonna save Oz. She's gonna be the one that freaking brings everything back to the way it needs to be. And I really want to commend the director in doing that because it's so easy to go to way of she's going dark, She's going dark side she just went to the dark side. She doesn't go to the dark side in this and this she becomes. She does become the martyr, she does become the hero, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And so I was, I was, I was that blew me away by the ending.
Speaker 1: Was I'm getting goosebumps talk thinking about it. But I cried multiple times and I was with Amanda and Elvis, so I was I was in a safe space to cry in the movies. I love crying in the movies anyway, but without without spoilers obviously, that dance moment at the at the you know, when they danced together, I just thought that was so incredibly moving about just finally someone having the courage to be by your side. That was just And then at the end, I just sobbed. I was like, not only was I crying for the movie, but I was thinking about my father who's no longer alive and he loved musicals, and I just thought I was crying. They were happy tears because but I was thinking like, oh gosh, my father would have loved this so much. And Amanda knew my dad, so it was nice to just had that moment of like, Wow, this art moved me so much, and I'm so happy for all of these people. And also, I don't know if I've told this story, but you know, we had a little memorial in my vegetable garden on my property for Nick when he died. And Nick loved Cynthia Revo. I don't know if they ever met, or if maybe they were DM friends from Broadway or what have you. I don't know that they had much relationship, but he loved her. And when Nick was sick, Cynthia Eva reached out to Amanda and said, like, I'm here for you if you ever need anything. And when Nick was in a coma, Amanda would would call, would text Cynthia, and she would say, he's not in a great space. If you have a moment, would you sing for him? And Cynthia, without fail, would say absolutely, and she'd Facetimer and she would sing multiple songs, including Amazing Grace to Nick while he was in a coma.
Speaker 3: Oh that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And I just heard this recently from Amanda. And then when Nick passed, Amanda reached out to her and said, hey, you know, one of Nick's favorite moments in all of Broadway was your big number in a color Purple on Broadway? Would you consider coming singing it? And I don't know if Cynthia thought like this was a big memorial like in a church or something, but she said absolutely, And there was like fifteen of us in my garden and she came and sang Nick's favorite song.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So that's a Cynthia rev story.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's the kind of person she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I met her one time. Also, we did Anthony Anderson's show to Tell the Truth, and we had a little bit of downtime to just sit and shoot the shit, and I just remember her turn to me, Donald, what are your dreams dreams? And I was like what. She's like, what are your dreams? Tell me what is it that you dream of. I was like, well, I want to be in Star Wars. I want to know. I just unleashed and I was like, what about you? What are your dreams? She said, you know, they're starting to come true. They started to happen.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so happy for everybody involved. And the National Water Review chose it as their best picture already, so it'll definitely be in the competition.
Speaker 2: It deserves it. It's it's if you are a fan of action adventure, if you love romance, if you love SI, if you love fantasy, if you look right, if you're a fan of cinema period.
Speaker 1: I want to go see it again. Actually I've seen.
Speaker 2: It twice already. That's the crazy thing. It's not me. It was my kids. We saw it the first time when we got back from Vegas. We saw it, and then the second time, it was two days later. My son goes, you know what, let's go see Wicked again.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what, I'm surprised it was your son and not your daughter.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Rock likes certain things, you know what I mean, his whole thing is and it's gonna sound horrible and I'm not raising him to be this way. But he said to me, dang Arianna got a gat.
Speaker 1: What I certainly didn't. I didn't notice are having a yah?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? When she's swinging on that thing, That yat is nice and walking around in them dresses, that yat is nice. That's what That's what my son was.
Speaker 1: Your son wanted to go see the gyat.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think he's I think things are starting to change on him. He's starting to have starting he's starting to have a little odor under the arms and stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, well, speaking of that, since we're on movies and deodorant. I finally am late to the party, but I watched Inside Out too.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh gosh, that was beautiful too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which did you like better? One or two?
Speaker 1: I think I don't. I think I don't know. I think too. But I thought it was so moving and I was just so blown away by the screenplay. I'm sitting there going, whoever wrote this is so fucking genius, Like, what a screenplay.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing about that movie is they brought in teenage girls to tell them if they were getting the script right. Like multiple times they would come in the girls like we wouldn't talk this way or we would never leave a friend in that way. And I was like, you can really feel the presence of young minded people throughout the script. And yeah, it's surprising all the ways you sort of think they're going to lean into bullying, they don't, and it's really this kid against her poor self. And oh yeah, it's a beautiful story. I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought like screenplay was excellent. I mean, I was so.
Speaker 2: Smart I really did like that movie. Also, a Nora.
Speaker 1: Have we talked about a Nora?
Speaker 2: No, but everybody that girl all the rave.
Speaker 1: Joel, have you seen a Nora.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen a Noura yet. It's on the list, so well, I know I gotta get that.
Speaker 1: Oh don't you get screeners.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I guess some screeners not all they you know, the Disney's, the Marvels, the sci fi is really hit me up.
Speaker 3: I got a fight for the smaller indies.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I highly recommend Nora to everybody. It's uh, it's I think one of the best movies I've seen this year. And what's so exciting about it is it's nobody in the cast is famous. It's just it's just an incredible screenplay with incredible actors, really well done. That young lady could win an Oscar.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what they're saying. They're saying, she's what's.
Speaker 1: Her name is, Ajeel Mikey Madsen, Mia Madsen. She was on Better Things, the TV show as a teenage girl. Now she's in this movie and I thought I assumed from her performance that she was like an East Coast like really talk like this character that she plays, and then I saw an interview with her and she's nothing like that, and so it just means that, like it was like double whammy of how talented she is. She gives, she gives, she gives one of the best performances of the year for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm I you know, I haven't seen it, but I will see it. There's you know, I all, there's actually Star Wars actually has a good show.
Speaker 1: Again, Guys, why can't we just avoid Star Wars.
Speaker 2: Because it's called Skeleton Crew Skeleton It's called Skeleton Crew, and it's fucking really good. Dude, the first two episodes, the first two episodes. And I'm not saying this because I'm a Star Wars fan either. I'm saying this because this ship is actually really good. Like this reminds me of my youth, the movies I watched as a kid, Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, Explorers, Like this movie hits all a poltergeist, everything that Stranger Things tries to do. This one does it in a Star Wars universe, which is kind of unheard of. Like people want their Star Wars a certain way, but this, dude found I'm begetting the creator of the shows. And I know it's Boloney and Favro, but the guy who is the showrunner for the show, what an amazing he did Spider Man, he did John something right.
Speaker 3: John Watson, Christopher Ford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing, well done, like way to bring it. And what's great is that Star Wars fans are now happy and.
Speaker 3: This is looking united out there.
Speaker 2: Hasn't the last time that this has happened? Is I don't even think Return of the Jedi had, you know what I mean? There are people that are like fucking walks, are you kidding me? And a lot of Star Wars to.
Speaker 3: Watch Star Wars show.
Speaker 4: It was saved because it was critically acclaimed, and Disney was like, yeah, we love a statue, like do another season.
Speaker 1: Oh but I love this, I guess because I'm not in the core audience. I love dan Or. I thought it was the.
Speaker 3: Best, as you should it is.
Speaker 4: To me, it's the best one, but it's not universally beloved. I will say about Skeleton Crew. I've seen the first three episodes. They're fabulous. I'm excited for episode four because the Daniels are directing it, which should be really interesting. And then Bryce Dallas has the Christmas episode, which I bet will be spectacular.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's really funy.
Speaker 4: Usually I'm not into the whole kids show, but I really feel like there's an element of this that makes me feel like I'm ten years old. It makes me want to share it with my cousins, Like it's very easy to fall in love with these kids, and they feel like they're in real danger, which doesn't usually happen in a Disney property. But I'm like, these kids should not be on the ship or on the planet they're going to how do they get home? It's so scary and oh and the best part is they built in a real mystery where you're like, what the hell is happening here?
Speaker 3: Like where do they come from? What is this planet there?
Speaker 4: And usually the last couple of mysteries we've been set up on in Star Wars have been flopped, so it's nice to see them really nail that.
Speaker 2: I went into it thinking I wasn't expecting a lot, and by the end of the first episode, I was like, next, please, next episode now. And I watched the second episode and as soon as that shit ended, I was like, damn, I can't wait till Monday.
Speaker 3: Is Rocco liking it.
Speaker 2: He hasn't watched it yet. I have to I have to say they haven't watched it yet. I can't. I can't wait to show them though.
Speaker 5: Here's some stories about show we made about a bunch of talks and nurses.
Speaker 2: Sah.
Speaker 5: He said, he's a story nextlas No so yander around you here, up, yander round here expect show is no.
Speaker 1: Donald. I want to welcome to the podcast for the first time, my foster puppy, Penny.
Speaker 2: Hello, Penny.
Speaker 3: Penny's trying to take a nap, petty Please.
Speaker 1: Isn't she cute?
Speaker 3: She's the cutest.
Speaker 1: I'm in love with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are.
Speaker 1: They already called someone. They already called me today saying someone wants to adopt her. I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, everybody calm down.
Speaker 2: Penny likes it here.
Speaker 1: I am fostering. Oh look at her. I am fostering. She was living in the worst conditions in this shelter. And she spent two months in this like cement cell with no bed even not even a blanket.
Speaker 2: WHOA off the couch?
Speaker 1: She just like dreamed off the couch.
Speaker 2: Just fell off the couch.
Speaker 1: You're right baby. Anyway, she's uh, she's fun, she's really sweet, she's sweet.
Speaker 2: Love it, I love it. I love that you found one too.
Speaker 1: Well we are. I wasn't planning on being asked if I wanted to keep her this quickly. But the woman who I'm fostering for was like, we have a lot of interest from Penny, and I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: Everybody down, Well, you made the mistake of showing your dog on your Instagram. That was the mistake.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to help her. I wanted to help her get adopted to an amazing home. In the intervening days we have become quite close Penny and I.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: She's a big, eighty pound pit and but she's a sweetheart. And she looks like she she's got very you know, it looks like she was used to breed because she's got you know, big teats. She's a she's but I don't know. Someone wrote that poor thing was used to make babies, and I'm so happy you're babying her, and that really hit my heart. Anyway, we have so many topics, which one do you one? You want to go next to? Donald I got, Uh we should talk about we have Here's what I wrote down. You tell me which one you want to do next?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh? Vegas.
Speaker 2: Well that's what this podcast is about today, right, our Vegas experience.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be about anything. Do you want to go to Vegas? Do you want to go to merch? Do you want to go to you giving up weed? Do you want to go to school?
Speaker 2: Let's go to be giving up weed. Let's go to me giving up weed.
Speaker 1: All right, So audience, you might think, oh God, roll your eyes. Donald's talking about giving up weed, but when we went to Vegas, he decided to use that as a launching point.
Speaker 2: Right, quit cold turkey, Yes, which is.
Speaker 1: Very hard for those of you who don't know for someone who smokes every day all day, tell everyone how it went or how it's going, because you're now.
Speaker 2: It's it's yeah, it's miserable.
Speaker 1: But oh I thought you were doing better.
Speaker 2: No, I am doing better now. But the it's you know now, the the craving is back, you know what I mean? Like I was having a conversation with my brother on FaceTime and he's sitting there blowing weed into the camera and shit like that, and it was like he wasn't doing it on purpose. He doesn't know that I've quit, you know what I mean. And he's blowing it into the camera and as he's doing it, I'm trying to catch the vapors on the side. The motherfucker. Yeah, through through, right through FaceTime. It's very difficult. And I'm not gonna sit here and bullshit anybody and say And I don't want to be the guy that says you need to quit too. I don't want to be a preacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about your experience.
Speaker 2: I had night sweats for about a week and a half. Every time I tried to fall asleep. I lost twenty pounds and almost two weeks, like because I couldn't eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for real, I saw him at dinner. We went to dinner and his face you probably can't see it because it's all pixelate right now, but he lost so much weight in just his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's waterweight obviously from the sweating and the not eating and stuff.
Speaker 1: I should get into sonning, dude, get rid of all more of it.
Speaker 2: I'm into losing weight the healthy way right now. But as far as as far as quitting goes, it's been very difficult, but I ain't going back. Man.
Speaker 1: This has he been irritable to your wife? Absolutely, Casey said at dinner, she goes, next time you do this, you need to go away for a while.
Speaker 2: Well, the prospector has spoken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sick and tired of your irre ability, irritability.
Speaker 2: But you know it's it's The crazy thing is is that you know, the phlim is just starting to clear up in my lungs and stuff like that, and I'm not and I don't feel like I have bronchitis anymore. And I was smoking a lot of weed and this is this was definitely a good idea for me. I'm not saying everybody else needs to do it right, but I'm not going to smoke weed again.
Speaker 1: I think, well, by the way, what's funny is last night he's like, we should get dinner again on Monday. And I'm all I'm thinking is like, the dude is off weed for two weeks and all of a sudden he's making plans.
Speaker 2: I was, I don't want to stay home anymore.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like swiping tears from my eyes.
Speaker 2: I don't want to stay home anymore. This house reminds me of marijuana.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, you definitely lived up to one of the sweeping stereotypes of a full time stoner is not wanting to leave the house. And I know that's not true for all of you out there who do that, but this particular stoner, Donald Faison, was was a homebody, and I like the idea that you might leave your house more.
Speaker 2: Well. I go to the gym now almost every day.
Speaker 1: My trainer was asking about you, by the way, why he just likes you, And he was like, how's Donald doing? How's how's the weed? Is he? Is he working out at all? And I was like, he actually just quit? And I was and he was like, oh, good, good? Is he what's he doing? Is he boxing? Is he working out? And I didn't know what the answer was.
Speaker 2: I am working out, I am boxing, I am I'm back into the MMA again, you know what I mean? Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got you like that form of exercise I do.
Speaker 2: I like lifting weights too, but I like striking a lot. I like kicking, I like wrestling.
Speaker 1: You should get fit, bro, you should get fucking fit. Fit.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a reason to nowadays too, you know what I mean, Like, we have a super duper it looks like we're gonna have another shot at this thing called Scrubs.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh, do you want to go into Scrubs reboot?
Speaker 2: I mean I think that's a good set.
Speaker 1: Is that's your segue into Scrubs reboot from from what I've written down as giving up Weed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a good segue. I gave up Weed to do Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a funny time to talk about this audience, because I'm not sure when this airs will decide, but uh, today it broke on both Deadline and Variety that uh there.
Speaker 2: In uh, Bill's deal is done.
Speaker 1: Bill has Bill has closed the deal to do a Scrubs reboot.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, did you know that?
Speaker 1: Joelle? That's amazing, Joell Dane. I'm not here to tell you to talk into your microphone.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited for you guys.
Speaker 1: You know we uh this has been in the works for a long time, and obviously this doesn't mean it's one hundred percent, it's just it's in development. But uh, it's this is the first time they've made any sort of announcement about it, so that's sort of exciting. The idea that we could do some new incarnation of the show that we're all you know here for.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to see what it is because literally we don't we Zach, myself and the rest of the cast have zero idea what Bill has planned.
Speaker 1: I don't think Bill knows what he has planned.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, no, I mean I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does. I think it's like, okay, let's figure out I do. I think we can say that it's not it's not going to be like they're doing with the Office, like a whole new cast. The idea is to get us all about together and uh and and figure out what that story is, which is which is really exciting. But I don't think it's been cracked yet. What the what, what the angle is.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to find out what it is. I'm excited to find out what our characters are up to and what they will be and or what what version of the characters will be playing this time around. There's a lot that's changed since Scrubs was on television twenty something years ago.
Speaker 1: We can't be as goofy.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, because now we're in now we're in our late forties. We can't be like young twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty years old.
Speaker 2: I can kick, I can straight, But like, I, what is it? What what you know? Like Ted Lasso shrinking bad Monk, bad monkey, these guys all have a different you know, Bill Lawrence stamp to it or you know, and his new stamp is really interesting and it's it's it's it's adult, but yet it still has very comedic and heart and felt undertone.
Speaker 1: So it's, yeah, well I think it'll still be Scrubs, but it'll be you know, with the things that everyone loves about Scrubs. But we're certainly so much older now, so it's like, what, how are our lives different? And how are we different? You know? I think about ourselves in real life, you and I and we there's so many ways where we're as silly as we were when we were when we were you know, in twenty in the year twenty twenty four years ago, and there's other ways we're a lot more mature. And I think the characters would, I imagine, would reflect that too.
Speaker 2: I hope. So, like I want to go to Vegas again with Bill so he can just study. Yes, let's go to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just really showing off your transitions today, and is your is this your hot fucking segue? I am holding space for this segue.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break. You know, my brain is a little bit clearer.
Speaker 1: I can see you, be honest, I can see that, Joelle. Do you notice this motherfucker is two weeks off weed and now he's fucking like elegantly threading transitions.
Speaker 4: I don't want to support someone's softing lead because how but also I'm just so proud of that.
Speaker 1: I've never seen you do that before.
Speaker 2: Donald, that was elegant, but I think we need to do that again to be I'm just gonna be honest with you. The last two times you and I have been in Vegas have been pretty epic, amazing, more epic than it's ever been other than wearing him Tiger is at O it did, and wear them Tiger is at This is.
Speaker 1: Wear them Tigers at. You have to give people context. That's when we were very young. We went and Donald was wasted and he's walking through the MGM greens when they still had the Tigers show, and he's like that, I want to see somebody get bit.
Speaker 2: And then it happened and then it happened.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to explained it because I thought he was referencing the Hangover, and I was no.
Speaker 1: Donald Donald picture Donald strutting like like George Jefferson through the MGM, being like, Wandham Tiger? Is that I want to somebody to get.
Speaker 2: A bit.
Speaker 1: Donald?
Speaker 2: But then it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then that's how long ago it was. The tigers aren't I don't know if that are the tigers still there? I know there's no show. No, there's no show. Obviously there's no show, but I don't know if they still have like an exhibit. Can you look that off? I'm curious.
Speaker 2: It was because of it was because of Tracy Morgan's Brian.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's what it was you were doing, Brian Fellows.
Speaker 2: Wadham Tiger?
Speaker 1: Is that wha tigers?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: For all that money, somebody better get bit That's.
Speaker 1: What he said, You go, you go. All I know is for all to have money, somebody better get bit bit.
Speaker 2: I'm Brian Fellows.
Speaker 1: Brian Fellows. I love Brian Fellows. I don't know why it was so funny, but it.
Speaker 2: Was because he would be mad.
Speaker 1: It made no sense.
Speaker 2: He would get sassy with the he got sassy with a parrot. The parrot would I'm Brian Fellows. No you not.
Speaker 1: I just can I just I could just watch Tracy Morgan do anything. And I start to giggle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a very funny man.
Speaker 1: Joelle, are there tigers still? Mgm?
Speaker 4: No, So there used to be lions in the habitats, but Peter was like, no, yeah, and so now that the habitats are still there, but the lions.
Speaker 3: Are no longer.
Speaker 1: What's in the habitat?
Speaker 3: Habitat itself? Just lions used to be here, I guess.
Speaker 1: Oh so people walk by and go, look an empty habitat pretty much. Well, Donald and I we have to give a shout out to T Mobile because they brought us out to the F one Race for the second year in a row, and it was so much fun.
Speaker 2: It was epic. It was Listen, the first time we went, we had fun. We were we weren't we We hadn't yet experienced success in Vegas yet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like, we've gone to Vegas before several times and have yet to win money.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yet to yet to you know, Like, but we only.
Speaker 1: Really won money. The Bill Lawrence time when he was rolling for a half hour on craps.
Speaker 2: Yes, but every time before that we had not experienced it.
Speaker 1: We only paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vegas was kind of depressing to us because every time we went, the only time we would see money was when atm spit it out for us, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We just got crushed at blackcheck always. And then we started to discover craps this last couple of times thanks to Andrew. Yeah, Andrew Watt and then Bill rolling for a half hour really got me educated into the ins and outs of crap.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so we went back the time because Mobile was like, you guys want to come come up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we came. It was so fun.
Speaker 2: It was not only was it fun, it was really cool, like Snoop was there. Yeah, we got to. We got to. You know, this is the first time where we're going there as Vets of the T Mobile family, you know what I mean, where you know, we're a staple in that in the in their family. And it was really cool.
Speaker 3: And this is for the F one race that happens in Vegas every year.
Speaker 1: Yes, T Mobiles. T Mobile is the sponsor of the F one Race in Vegas. And for those of you who don't know, they they shut down the streets of Vegas and the F one race is through the streets of Vegas at night. It's the same if you can imagine the amount of logistics involved, and they do such a cool job. And then they have these suites over you know where where you know where all the pit stops are for the cars, and uh so we're hanging out the suite with all these amazing people, all the T Mobile execs.
Speaker 2: Well all of the execs that we that we know. Uh. And then also just like the people that were coming in from Snoop to mister Beast, to Ryan Bradley Cooper, Ryan Tedder, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well tell him the story about what met mister Beast did for your kids. That was so sweet.
Speaker 2: He was like, yo, I was like, because I'm very new to mister Beast, like within the last two months, I just, you know, uh learned about him, and my kids have known about him for a while. I remember my son was like, my son was like, well, mister Bee says, I said, boy, I don't give a shit about mister Beest. And my son looked at me and he said, well you should, because he's so much richer than you are. Dad. I was like, they are, they don't no censor. But then I meet him and you know, I'm just going to give him props because I'm like that with everybody. If you ask Zach, when I meet celebrities, I get a little you know. He has to calm me down sometimes, like, dude, don't get too fucking crazy. You're going to meet such and such. Just don't don't. Don't don't ask for a self.
Speaker 1: Don't take ask for a selfie with Brad Pitt please.
Speaker 2: I walk into the thing and I see Beast and I'm like, yo, oh shit, dude, you have no idea. My kids freaking love you. I'm a new fan of yours, but they've been a fan of yours for a long time. He's like, oh really, let's call him. I'm like what. He's like, yeah, let's FaceTime them. Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: No, first, you made a video first.
Speaker 2: So then he goes, no, he tries to call, they don't pick up. So he's like, let's make a video. Boom. He makes the video. Then he says, then I take the phone away and I go and I send the video to my wife and then now I FaceTime my wife and she picks up. She's like, are you fucking kidding me with this? And I'm like hold on, and I go back and I turn and I'm like, can you talk to my kids again? He's like yeah, sure, He grabs the phone. Wilder is like, oh, hello, mister beast. How's it going? All cool and shit, you know, trying to be she's more like her mom. Her mom's been around a lot filds together, they show it to Rocco. Rocco goes and he said, he's like, oh my god, and he can't move and he's like frozen in time. Oh, it's mister right. And he said to all of his friends on the snapchat not they have a group chat, and he was like, guys, I gotta go. Mister Beast is uh calling my house right now. And they're like, bullshit, Rocco, you don't know, mister Beasts, You're full of crap. And so my wife sends him the video that mister Beasts said earlier. He drops it into the chat. Mike drop.
Speaker 1: He was really nice and really interesting. And his whole squad he has all his you know, his whole group that do all his videos with him. They were all such nice people and really and really like we like because everyone has questions like how the hell did you guys do what you did? And they're all so nice about answering questions and explaining it all. And yeah, I thought they're really cool.
Speaker 2: And and and you know, he has a connection to a world that a lot of people don't understand yet. And it's really starting to blossom as far as taking over in the entertainment industry. So like, whereas you and I go to the movies, and a lot of people go to the movies, most kids watch TikTok or YouTube, you know what I mean, where we watch Scrubs or where we watch you know, Arrested Development. What. They've never heard of these shows because they're strictly watching Kai or Beast or Speed on YouTube.
Speaker 1: By the way, he said he'd come on the podcast he did. I think he'd be a great guest.
Speaker 2: It would be interesting to talk to him about this wave that's that's hitting well.
Speaker 1: Also, just like his story is incredible. I mean, the fact that he has reached the level of success and he's such a he feels like a guy who's so into everything. The algorithms, like how to crack it all. Like he's so knowledgeable, he's like a scientist.
Speaker 2: It would be good for us also just as a podcast and how to promote our podcast and ways and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That's well, his buddy who's in charge of Instagram was telling you all the stuff I didn't know about Instagram. It was so interesting. I mean, they're they're like, they're like data scientists. It's really interesting. We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 3: But then I was going to ask you about the race. I'm curious about the race, and so did guy? Did you guys not watch the.
Speaker 1: Race? Is awesome? You know, keep in mind, you only see it when it comes by you, and it comes by you like and then you and then you watch it on TV. That's what's so funny about F one, is like you only get a glimpse of it when they race by it. And because we were above the the the pit stop areas, we were lucky enough to be able to look down and see the when they pull in and change the tires and fuel up and do whatever they do. That was really cool.
Speaker 2: In less than six seconds. In less than six seconds.
Speaker 1: Not even that it's like stop n take off. It was incredible.
Speaker 2: And if you and if you and if you're if you're on a turn, you might see it a little bit longer, but straightaways they just fly through straightaways.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it's a weird fun thing because you're there and you're being social and you're and you're like, you know, at basically a cocktail party if you're in one of these suites. But then you're like, wait here they come. And then you watch on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah and shout out to uh McLaren, I mean, what's the Uh. They were very nice to us.
Speaker 1: And well you you took a tour of the McLaren pit, right.
Speaker 2: What yes?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me, Bradley make it their beast and uh uh we were the three that actually made it inside then with your buddy, and then I ran into Aaron Taylor Johnson who kick ass too, with yeah, man.
Speaker 3: I just bought my tickets to Craven, very excited.
Speaker 2: I'm listen man, this brother. I haven't seen him in over ten years. And it was like, oh man, there's pictures of us. Smile, the smile on my face, the smile on his face. We kicked at hardcore back in London and in Toronto when we made that movie, and like we were, we were buds. You know what I mean. I named my daughter after his I thought I named my daughter after his daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. You know that story. He's wild.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, and you know, I it's it's it was. It was just great to see him. I hadn't seen him in a long time, and it was really good to see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was super fun. And then we just they just just threw a really amazing event. I mean, when you think of the scale of the logistics of doing that, it was just it's crazy to watch it all happened.
Speaker 2: T Mobile.
Speaker 1: The mobile came through. Thank you for inviting us. We had a blast. And then we went back. Now here's the funny story. We go back to the to the casino.
Speaker 2: Now the story are we going to tell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell a really crazy story that happened. That's so embarrassing. I am willing to tell this story that I think. I think, Wait, you don't, don't cut to that part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start, all right, So we go to the club Joelle, Okay, all right, we're all fam We.
Speaker 1: Decided we're going to go to the club because you know, we're in Vegas. When in Rome and it's packed, I mean, f one fucking weekend at when this club is called what's it called Excess Excess, the letters Excess. Yeah, So we go there. Our friend Scott Sartiano, who's a famous restaurant tour is like guiding us through the mayhem with a bunch of friends, and we're like trying to hold on staying, you know, connected to each other because he's fucking packed, and he's leading us to a booth. But all of a sudden we finally get to the booth, it's so packed. Music's blaring. I think it's the Chainsmokers, right, Donald.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chaine Smokers.
Speaker 1: And then and then it's four.
Speaker 2: O'clock in the hold one. It's four o'clock, three o'clock in the morning or something like that too. It's it's it's and I've already said to Zach, dude, I want to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well I'm too old for this too by this point. But anyway, Donald really wanted to go, but I was just like, you know, come on, went in Rome, let's go. Let's go for like a half hour of the club. Since everyone was going, so we go. By the time I get to the table, the booth, which was packed, but we were just standing there. I lost Donald and I'm with and I'm like, oh, I'm like, there's no way. This dude just french exited like that. That would have been too late, like he did like a peel off. And he's gone. And so the whole group I'm with we're like, yo, he lost Donald. I'm looking out for him. I can't see him. I'm texting him like, dude, there's no way, you just fucking left. And then I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Text him back. I go no. And then the booth.
Speaker 1: Then I look up Joelle. I'm at this fucking in front of thousands and thousands of people. This dude's in the DJ boots.
Speaker 3: Bas you love a DJ booth, Donald, I.
Speaker 2: Can't something special about the DJ booth, something.
Speaker 1: The regular at the wind DJ booth.
Speaker 2: So I get to the booth and I'm the creator of Yellowstones there, Jeffrey Rights there and Michael Fastbender and you know, Jeffrey's like, you want to do shots, bro, And I'm like yeah, So we do a couple of shots and ship and so now I'm lit, and in my mind, I'm like, Zach has to be here. Zach's fucking one of the best directors I know. If I can get him over here, maybe he could make a deal happen with these motherfuckers. And he's directing the New Yellowstone starring Jeffrey Wright and Michael Fastpender. That's where my mind's going, right, we gotta we gotta make this happen. So now I'm trying to weigh if this motherfucker down.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we finally have eye contact, and it's for these scrubs mega fans. It's a bit like when when uh when Donald When Turk and Carla get back from their honeymoon and it's like Turk, so we finally have eye contact, and he's like trying to gesture how I'm supposed to mind the way there's so many people. I'm like, how the fuck am I without without a without a guard, who knows how the hell am I going to get up in that DJ booth?
Speaker 2: And I'm pointing to the security guy. He's gonna take you. You go with.
Speaker 1: Him, So now I make this is all gestures. Then I make eye contact with the security guard that like gives me the thumbs up, like, yo, I'll hook you up. Come to me. So I come to this guard and he weaves me through this maze and I get up into the DJ booth and the most incredible thing happens.
Speaker 2: I go. I go to Bassbender and to uh These and to Jeffrey and I'm like, yo, guys, meet my buddy Zach and they all go, ah, fast spender, fast Spender.
Speaker 1: So Jeffrey Wright was so sweet. He like, you know, did the cheers thing across and then Fastbender. Oh. I think we can safely say had a few yes, as jumps up as one does in Vegas. Yes he was not parched.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, he was.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He was he was, he was he was well served.
Speaker 1: Yes, no one else, no one had turned him down for service. But he came and he gave me. He came up to me like and he's like, I love you, I love your work. You're incredible.
Speaker 2: Oh, nobody can do what you.
Speaker 1: Nobody can do what you do. And in my heart I'm thinking like, oh my god, like this is amazing. What a moment in my life that this guy is one of the best best actors in the world. And he's like I love you, and I'm like, thank you, brother. That means so much. When he goes I love Chips.
Speaker 3: Uh, who does he think you are.
Speaker 1: Dak Chapper. No, he loves chips, damn you, Deck che He loves Chips, Joel, more than you love any movie in the world. That's more than you loves Chips.
Speaker 2: More than you love Wicked, more than we.
Speaker 1: More than you love Star Wars. This dude love more than.
Speaker 2: I love Star Wars. He's like, listen, nobody can do what you do. You are so good at what you do. And I'm like, Mike Sikes. So now I'm trying to Now I'm trying to be like.
Speaker 1: So my just Sikes because I thought I pictured a future where we're making movies together, where we're like and and I and I thought he was talking about my my work as a filmmaker, and I was just like having like the best moment, and he was talking about chips.
Speaker 2: And so I go, Mike, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, Mike, no, Mike.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: We he's a He's this is Zach Braff, not Dax Shephard. And so he puts his head down and begins to walk away.
Speaker 1: He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to do him.
Speaker 2: He did don't you fucking walk away? Michael. You turn around and you face us. You face this situation, buddy, You face this situation with class and grace.
Speaker 1: But doald It was so cringe like no one knew what to say because where you go from there?
Speaker 2: So he grabs us in a big embrace. He grabs us tight, and he's like, it's real hard to do what we do, isn't it?
Speaker 1: And I'm trying. He was trying to pivot the conversation.
Speaker 2: The conversation, but now he's he's embarrassed and he won't let us go. And I go to grab his arm, like, motherfucker, get off of me, and I can't because he's so fucking jacked. It's ridiculous, Like he's like got this bear hug on us, and me and zactly looking at each other like how the fuck do we get way from Michael fast.
Speaker 1: Then we then we had to then we had to escape the Fastbender grip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the vice grip that is magneto, that.
Speaker 3: Is so cozy in there. Oh man?
Speaker 1: Sure well? Then I text I text Dax Shepherd, I go, it is important for you to know how much Michael Fastbender loves chips. I need to convey this to you, and then I go I unfortunately found out the hard way. But you need to know this man is your number one fan.
Speaker 3: Did you guys decide to go home after that?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That set it off. Listen, was like, this is the best night ever. Now Donald gets Donald loves the DJ booths, he gets a he finds a whole new wind once he's in the DJ booth.
Speaker 2: So the next night is so that was qualifying night. This, This is how epic.
Speaker 3: This This was not even race night.
Speaker 2: This is qualified.
Speaker 3: I've rushed you through the story.
Speaker 2: Donald, this was qualifying night because the next night we went to the after party at the other club. Oh yeah, that was it, Delilah, Yeah, Adam Devine like it was. It was.
Speaker 1: Oh and also we should mention we were hanging out with Keegan Michael Key that night.
Speaker 2: To Keegan Michael Key, okay, uh he was. He's such a nice guy, that dude, wonder him and his wife wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be one of your personal assistants. You guys can take me to cool places.
Speaker 1: Let's listen, we have some pretty funny adventures. We have some pretty funny adventures in my heart. I can't tell you, Joelle, how my heart sank when I learned that it wasn't a good person he was talking about. It was Chips.
Speaker 2: Well that's really brutal.
Speaker 4: I can't how you rallied is It's amazing to me. Uh wow, Michael Fassbender owes you something.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is yet, but you know what a funny story.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I told you this part. I think I did tell you this part. Donald is that Florence's assistant on A Good Person's name was Chip and uh and he's a great guy. Chip worked on He also works for Jason Senakis on On On Lasso. He did a bunch of things on a movie. Awesome guy. If you for those of you who know a good person, he plays him. He doesn't play himself, but he plays a character in the opening uh party scene where someone's like, if you're going to sleep with Chip or eleven condoms? And he's like what what? He just He's a really sweet, funny guy. He's an actor too anyway. So when he first I first heard mumblings of the word Chip, I went, oh, obviously he knows Chip. A lot of people who are you know a list actors know Chip. He he's a he's you know, people know him. So I thought, oh me, he Chip works for him too. So my brain first was my brain was still rolling with he means me because the because Chip had some resonance for me. But then he clarified like this, Joelle hands on heart, I love Chips.
Speaker 3: Oh God.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I know I'm not Eric Estrada, right, I know I'm not the other dude, John John, I'm not Payna. I'm obviously he thought I was.
Speaker 2: I'm not. Wait a second, could I could?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But that was fun. That was a blast.
Speaker 2: What was really cool, though, was watching Ryan Tedder and Snoop Dogg do a rendition of Gin and Juice. Yeah, Ryan Tedder's just playing the chords and Snoop Dogg's wrapping it slowly in front of all of these t mobile the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Do you know how big Ryan Tedder is? Like Ryan Tedder, he just follow him on Instagram. He posted, you know, you know how this is the week everyone's putting their Spotify things out. And I guess if you're a songwriter you can put how many you can literally put in like how many streams do all of my songs have for the year, And Ryan Tedder posted his it was seven point seven billion. I was like, I think that's good. I think he has so many hot bops. So he does this like medley for like everyone at the piano and the guitar where he just like he like sings a couple of his songs, of his one Republic songs. But then he goes and like it's like, oh, and you probably didn't know, and he tells like a little anecdote. He's like, so I wrote this for Beyonce, and then he like fucking goes into a song and then I wrote this for Rihanna, and then it's like a medley of like giant pop hits that you had no idea he wrote.
Speaker 2: He's written quite a few halo Oh my god. Well all right, he says. Now his story with the Beyonce song is he yeah, he wrote the song for her and then she changed it up and changed Halo up.
Speaker 1: Juell just read, just just put in Ryan ted uh biggest hits. You'll be blown away.
Speaker 3: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: It's a very good song. Well, we've always known he's a good songwriter. Though everybody's known this. I mean, he's the one republic is him and a couple of musicians getting together. And that was also the dopest part I forgot. So he has a guy in the band that plays the fiddle and they getting Snoop gets to the end of the song and he's like, now play that fiddle, and the dude was just there bopp into the whole thing the whole time, like listening to you know, Ryan and Snoop do this rendition. He's like, wait, I gotta put for.
Speaker 1: It was impromptu. They hadn't planned it. Ryan literally came up and said, I practiced these chords right before you know, I turned the mic on. So I'm gonna do my best and see if maybe I can convince a certain sum wanted to come up here. So he starts playing what is it Donald the chords.
Speaker 2: Rolling down the street, smoking.
Speaker 1: Sipping juice, Yes, and then just just playing the simple chords on the piano. So then Snoop's like, all right, well, I can't just sit here if you're gonna play that. So Snoop, by the way, and this is in front of like twenty people, and then and then so Snoop starts rapping the song, leaning on the piano. He goes, I've always wanted to do this, and he was like, leaning on the piano, rapping the song with so.
Speaker 2: Funny much drama in the LBC. It's kind of hard being snoop de o double G but I in some way.
Speaker 1: And then the guy, the guy who was playing the fiddle or the violin whatever, it.
Speaker 2: Was like, but let me just say one thing. He gets to the point he goes, we got freaks in the living room getting it on and they ain't leaving, and nobody said anything but me. I yell out six, So what you want to do? Right? And he goes here and he gets a but for what and nobody said anything. Here I come again. We don't love them house?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Everyone else was like in awe and like or had their phone outs and ship Donald was like the backup singer.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It was such a great night.
Speaker 1: But then so there's a guy who was playing violin or fiddle with with Ryan for his songs and he was just he was like, because this was impromptu, he wasn't like prepared to play along. He's just sitting there bopping his head like everybody else and then Snoop turns to him and he's like, it's your turn for a solo in so many words, and the dude was like, what what you and he didn't know? He was like he didn't. He panicked, He panicked. He like he couldn't step up to the moment.
Speaker 2: He did step up to the moment.
Speaker 1: He did a little bit. So he did a little moment, but he panicked a bit.
Speaker 2: Donald He said he was scared at first. I was like, dude, you had none to be scared of. What you did was dope.
Speaker 1: What did Snoop say? Put a little goes, put some fiddle in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put a put a little fiddle in the middle.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: D O Double came to play that night. I'm telling you he came to play. Like that's always good too, because you know, people get paid to do their songs, you know what I mean, Like, you get paid a lot of money to do I'm sure Snoop gets paid a lot of money to Dojen and Juice. And for him to go up there and just do that shit for us.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, let's keep it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: He has t mobile ads too. He was making the executives happy. But it was awesome, but it was.
Speaker 2: Still still man, you can always decline when somebody says, come sing your song.
Speaker 1: I think when they start playing your chords and it's twenty people, you're like, I'll sing a little bit. I know I will.
Speaker 2: I'm shooting me too. Let's take a break. I like, we've we've hung out with Scott. We've hung out with Scott a bit in New York when when he was building this wonderful club slash dinner spot then Zero Bomb.
Speaker 1: Actually I forgot you were there with me when we toured before.
Speaker 2: It was made, Before it was made, You and I and were.
Speaker 1: It was before Covid and Scott was like zero Bond. For those of you who know is like is a is a really high end private dinner club, social club in Manhattan and Scott created it. But years and it's and it's very successful. But years before COVID, we knew Scott and he was like, I want to show you a tour of this like basically skeleton of a building. I'm gonna I'm gonna build a club here. And we took a tour and I don't know what you were thinking, Donald, but I was like, this is never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: This is I thought it was amazing, but I was like, this is a house, so you're gonna turn this into a house. What are you gonna this? What is it's going to be. He was like, it's gonna be a it's going to be a dinner slash.
Speaker 1: Club, social social club.
Speaker 2: And I was like, wow, this is okay. I it was a big It literally was this big abandoned loft in the middle huge street.
Speaker 1: Huge, huge. But we're walking around him. He's just nothing but the walls, like brick walls.
Speaker 2: And brick walls and brick pillars.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I was thinking like wow, I mean, I know you're successful, but good luck. And then and then COVID happened and obviously its slowed him down. But now now it's this, you know, really popular place. But anyway, he's all has another place in Vegas called Delilah and that's where we were.
Speaker 2: And uh, once again there's kind of like a DJ booth, Like I got to go to the FIRS.
Speaker 1: Guy in Vegas is mingling all over the place.
Speaker 2: I got to get to that DJ. Well, I'm sober. Also, you know, I have drinks in me, but I'm not freaking smoking weeds, so I'm not trying to Yeah, I'm not just trying to sit in a chair and blend in right, you know what I mean. I'm not trying to camoufy. So now I'm like, I got to go to the DJ club. I mean, it's a DJ booth, and I see my buddy, Evan Ross, who is a family member of Bill Lawrence and Krista Miller because Christa's brother is married to Evan's sister. Okay, and so there's this So I see Evan, but I've known Evan for a while since he was a kid. But anyway, so I see him and I'm like, yo, what's and his boys and I'm just I'm content standing on the outside watching close up. I'm close enough now to see the stuff. And they grabbed me. Him and his boys grabbed me and pulled me in. I'm like, oh shit. And when they pull me in, I've getting yanked right in next to Flavor Flav who is a favorite of month, you know what I mean, I'm like, oh shit, Flame. He goes d and we hugging all of that shit, and then we look up to the stage where Selo's performing and he looks down. He goes, oh shit, Donald Faizon in front of the hole clop he says, this shit. I was like, oh right, and I look over it and damn son idresses in the corner. Wow, do you know what I mean. I'm like, I really do like this kid. You know, he's to me, he's he's up, and he's up and coming. I really enjoyed this boy, this brother, and so I'm like, wow, man, I just got the dope a shout out. Ever, he comes off stage, gives me a hug and everything like that. Flave wraps a mic and now Flaves singing and the mic and stuff, and I'm like, this, this can't be happening. If I knew that quitting Weed would do this.
Speaker 1: A long time ago, I gotta say, dude, I didn't know. It's funny now that you're talking about it, but you were way more social and and uh you were. He was working the room. He came back and he's like with Flaves podcast, he was like networking and Jeff Beacher.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get Jeff Beacher on the podcast. We're trying to get We're trying to get Beast on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Dame podcast was a networking. We got to get Fastbender on the podcast now to talk.
Speaker 2: Would be great on the podcast, just to talk about his life.
Speaker 1: I think Fassbender should come on and we can have dax On too, and he can talk to Dax about how much.
Speaker 3: Great double feature.
Speaker 2: But all of this is because of T Mobile. Man, like we're That's when when we got home and after I finally got my voice back and everything like that, it was like for them to still believe in us. It just felt so good. It felt like, you know, this marriage is the best marriage and for for us.
Speaker 1: And for a while, rerun our Love actually commercial from last year for Christmas.
Speaker 2: To yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: It's just it's lough. Casey's fake voice got caught Donald I heard, Oh.
Speaker 2: That's too bad. I like, is that Zach again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess it's too close to love actually, so they weren't allowed to do it. I guess in love actually does someone go is that blah blah blah again?
Speaker 2: No, the carollers and she goes and he goes, Uh well, tell them to go away.
Speaker 1: Rememb For some reason, they cut fake Casey going because in the in the rough draft you heard someone going is that Zach again.
Speaker 2: But that was in the original commercial too, though I don't know.
Speaker 1: I asked Klugman about it and he said for some legal and then cut it and I was like, oh, it was fake Casey. Anyway, we should talk about merch because Joel wants to talk about merch for Christmas. You guys, there's lots of Christmas stuff for if you like this podcast, or if you like Scrubs, or if you like me riding Donald. There's a an eagle ornament for goodness sake.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've got some of the T shirts.
Speaker 1: We got t shirts. Did you say there was socks, Joel?
Speaker 4: All these socks, so coffee, so cute. Where's Zack Donald's faces all over your legs? It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need some of those, Joell. Can you send me some of those because I need And there's a medical badge thing that what do you call it? The retractable badge thing that nurses and doctors always have to wear for the nurse and doctor in your life with our faces on it. Badge holder. There's towels. There's a few onesies. If you happen to be a small and a medium, is that correct you?
Speaker 3: That is correct. I feel less if you're a.
Speaker 1: Small person or a medium person. There's some onesies left.
Speaker 4: And you guys should get it now because this is the last time we're going to stock these items. We're looking at stocking new stuff in the new year. Some Valentine's Day stuff circle in, maybe some summer things we've been talking about, like cool posters and stuff for a long time.
Speaker 3: So there's going to be new stuff in the shop.
Speaker 4: So if you like what's in there, I highly encourage you to get it now while it's available.
Speaker 1: Anyone who likes the show and puts up a Christmas tree, you should have us eagling on your treeolutely important for your loved ones.
Speaker 2: I don't think it says Christmas unless you have that on your tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not I got a Donald. Do you have the ornament for your tree?
Speaker 2: I do? All right?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: So you can go to Cottonbureau dots Oh sorry, yeah, Cott.
Speaker 1: So what you do is you go to Cottonbureau dot com and then then you just search fake doctors and it'll come up. Well, I what else, Donald? Is there anything else we didn't talk about?
Speaker 2: I mean we hit pretty much everything. Joelle, Is there anything that you want to share. How are you we? I mean, you've heard about our Thanksgivings, weekends and stuff. Are F one weekends and stuff? How are you?
Speaker 4: Your F one weekend sounded magnificent. I'm extremely jealous. I love the F one Drive to Survive on Netflix. It's like my obsession. I think Louis Hamilton is the goat, So.
Speaker 3: Very jealous that you guys have been twice. All I want to do is see Louis Hamilton race.
Speaker 2: What a great comeback from him when that race though, he went from tenth to second.
Speaker 3: He's no good at his job.
Speaker 2: I love him so wow.
Speaker 1: He's so handsome. It's funny. They're all handsome, crazy hot.
Speaker 2: Why is that a prerequisite to be a freaking.
Speaker 4: When you are more handsome slash more beautiful, people have more confidence in you to do your job. And so you see theset like a lot of pilots are extremely attractive. Like why are all the pilots just very hot? Something about an attraction level and confidence within a person.
Speaker 3: I think it's connected.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I don't know about that, but I do know that it's bizarre when they show all these guys on the screen. They're all very good looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, slash, they're yeah, they're all mister Steele, your boyfriend slash girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to lose Hamilton coming near your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Now, he's got a cute dog to boot stop it. It's over so full round as.
Speaker 1: Cute as my foster Joelle, not as I mean.
Speaker 2: It's love.
Speaker 3: I love me a little English bulldog. They're so cute.
Speaker 4: But who could deny Penny's gorgeousness. She's very beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Adobe tonight to see you know, s Faratu, which I'm very excited about.
Speaker 1: I got invited to the Bob Dylan movie. Uh, oh, well, I'm not going to go. I don't really like going to other people's premieres. It's weird.
Speaker 4: Premieres are difficult once you've been to a couple like the shiny excitement of it. No, they're really it's a lot of standing around and then it's awkward socializing.
Speaker 1: And it's not like if you have no relationship to anyone involved in the movie. I don't go to them anymore because it's like, why would it would be so much more fun to see this on your own with a friend than go to like the giant, splashy premiere. Obviously if it's your if it's your friend or it's yours, it's a different story totally.
Speaker 2: I stopped going to premieres after, you know, I had one really disappointing premiere. I'm not going to mention the name.
Speaker 1: Is it when you told Kathy what's her name? From Star Wars Twins?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the last time.
Speaker 2: I don't like going to That was the last time I was like, your name Kathy, Kathleen Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Kathleen Kennedy's twin. I think it's not fair for her to be at a premiere and look exactly like her. She needs to change her hairstyle because because she Donald Michael fassbendered her twin and said how much she loves her work.
Speaker 2: Right. No, it wasn't a force awakened. It was one which No, it was the second of the sequel, Last Jedi, which I did not like at all.
Speaker 1: He didn't know it was with with the Rage, the Rage character.
Speaker 2: I remember, she yeah, and I remember, and I was I was trying to kiss somebody's ass and I was kissing her twins ass.
Speaker 1: But they're identical, and like I just I think it's I think Donald listen, I guess this is very this all wraps up. This is how good you are off Weed. You've now bookended us back to the Fastbender situation. I I don't I'm not. I know Daxon I look alike, but but Kathleen Kennedy's twin sister, identical twins, could have done a little more to look different, you know, for for other for people to for people's sake.
Speaker 3: Something name.
Speaker 1: I am not Kathleen Kennedy.
Speaker 2: And that's what well, that's what she wound up saying to me. She was like, well, you know, I'm not Kathleen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they are literally identicy.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't think you should feel embarrassed about that. I don't think that should be the thing that sucks.
Speaker 2: I wasn't embarrassed. I wasn't embarrassed by it.
Speaker 1: But that you said, that's why you stopped going to know.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't like the movie, is what happened.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I see.
Speaker 2: And I was, and I was, and I was I was ass kissing because I love Star Wars and I was trying to find a way in and already.
Speaker 1: The twin will help you, maybe maybe the twin will make a Star Wars movie.
Speaker 2: And I went to Kathy afterwards. I was like, yo, I just spent five minutes talking to your sister about how much I loved this movie. And she started laughing. She's like, oh my god, and she turned to her husband. Just spent five minutes talking to whatever her name is, and I was like, well, it's time to go.
Speaker 1: She was probably surprised. You like the movie.
Speaker 3: Last Jedi is a great film outare you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: It's not. No, it is no, it is not.
Speaker 3: The best film of the new trilogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I will I will disagree with that. I will say this though, I don't think they should have ever wretconned what he did.
Speaker 3: Mistake.
Speaker 2: That was the big Listen, if you're gonna go that route, let's go that route and and keep it going. That was the That was the mistake. It could have still been like, I don't like the sequel trilogy anymore.
Speaker 1: We're not going down a rabbit. We're not going down I'm not doing that. Okay, oh Tank forever, I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. It's like you two are like you two are ridiculous. If I don't like tug on the leash a little bit. Y'all are like back on the Star Wars train.
Speaker 4: Also, Okay, Christmas is our time.
Speaker 2: It's our time down here, Joelle, our time.
Speaker 1: By the way, now that you're saying Gooney's coade, I was thinking of when when the when the foster woman told me that someone will already wanted to adopt Henny. I was thinking of what Chunk says at.
Speaker 2: The end, You're gonna come live with me now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking and live with me now because I love you. Yeah, Yeah, that's what happened, Chunk, That's what happened. That's what happened. I was like, Penny, You're gonna live with me now because I love you. And she was like, oh, by the way, poor Chunk's family like, no offense to sloth, but they're like, dude, we gotta live with sloth.
Speaker 2: Now with us?
Speaker 1: Wait? When when did we say that you that sloth could live with us? Right? We just got you back, We just got you back. There's a lot to talk about. We don't have room for slough.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, this giant man.
Speaker 1: He clearly has special needs that none of us know how to handle handle. We need to be educated We can't just say we're taking Sloth home with us.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's he's, he's, he's.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a conversation, right, But I feel like we should have a family meeting.
Speaker 2: He is related to the Fortelli's. They are murderers. I don't know if that has rubbed off on.
Speaker 1: We don't have enough baby Ruth money.
Speaker 2: Right. Wait, you said you found him chained in a basement.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're not.
Speaker 3: Going to do that.
Speaker 1: We're not going to do that, obviously, But does he need to be like restrained? Great, mom, you've done bad?
Speaker 2: Hey you god.
Speaker 1: Chunks. I love to see the scene after Chunk said to Sloth that you can live with us now, parents like, hold up one second, I'm sorry, Sloth. Why are you getting in our car? Sloth? You're you're mistaken. This is our family car. Chunk said, I'm living with you. We'll give you a call. Sloth, Why don't we what's your cell? Why don't you do your thing? And we'll give you a call after we have a family meeting.
Speaker 2: But Chunk said slow, Chunk said, not live we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Chunk, Sloth, Chunk is a child, and Chunk does not make the rules.
Speaker 2: Oh, poor, poor poor That wasn't That was an adoption moment right there, that full circle.
Speaker 1: And that's gonna happen to Penny, I think. All right on that note, count of.
Speaker 2: South five, six, seven, eight stories about Shure we made about a bunch of docs and nurses.
Speaker 5: Sanaj he said, he's the stories nets. No so YadA ra Here, Yeah, ra Here is