Speaker 1: Second date update. Everybody has a different romantic strategy when they're out and they see somebody they're attracted to. Oh okay, like jose will name drop himself before breaking down the diet and migration patterns of Pacific. Soft Shell claims, Oh my gosh, we can't.
Speaker 2: Because it turns.
Speaker 3: Not the worst part.
Speaker 1: But I know a lot about fish.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got Jeff, Why did you do that?
Speaker 1: Alexis will shake her empty white cloth can in your direction, hoping you'll buy her a new one. Do you like.
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 1: And Brooke, well, she's married, is not interested whatsoever? Wink win And she is definitely not going to leave her hotel room unlocked doing three oh seven wink wink wink. Why does even the doorstop like the open? So again, guys, don't dm us Brook is not available. Who is available is actually one of our listeners, Josie. And apparently she has a different strategy when it comes to meeting a guy. Josie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Are you winking right now? Josie?
Speaker 4: Am I winking? No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. Secret codes only leads to trouble.
Speaker 1: Brook would know, so tell us about the guy. Apparently you met someone when you were out recently. Who is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So his name is Benjamin, and I actually believe it or not met him on the train.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting, like a long trip train or just like in town subway situation.
Speaker 4: In town subway situation, that's how I get to it from work?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Oh god, got it?
Speaker 1: So did you pulled the Brook move of leaving the hotel room card like a dot on the chair?
Speaker 2: She's going to work?
Speaker 1: Just stop, get out, you said? He said that you have a strategy. I'm wondering what it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, so not quite that. But here's what I have learned. All I've noticed that the way that I can gauge if someone's like attracted to me is if I get as close as possible to them without actually interacting with them.
Speaker 2: I'm really hoping that the train that you're on is crowded.
Speaker 1: Zy woman, just in there's like forty empty seats and you're standing right next to it.
Speaker 4: I think I'm subtle enough. I hope I'm subtle. I don't know. We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So look, how does that work?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I've been on the train with him a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: So so you've noticed him before? Interesting?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, So the first time I decided to use my strategy, I got close to him enough but not enough where he and I can make eye contact, right, and ignored him.
Speaker 2: Okay, ignore him closer like you're in the same now but not. Yeah, and why don't you say anything?
Speaker 1: Desperate people open their mouths and actually speak like hi, Yeah, Okay, you gotta let the target come to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, exactly. I feel it's all about the visibility.
Speaker 2: Right, How many rides until you got close?
Speaker 4: So okay, the second rides got a little bit closer than the third ride. I sat right next to.
Speaker 7: Him, charm.
Speaker 1: It's like those cat videos where they like, pay away for a second and you pan back your cap a little bit closer, a little bit closer on his back.
Speaker 2: Were you sitting at his lap by this time?
Speaker 4: Not quite, but I'm sitting right next to him.
Speaker 1: Did he notice you?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 4: He noticed my jacket?
Speaker 2: Oh? How do you know?
Speaker 4: He complimented me on my jacket. He said, hey, nice jacket, I like that jacket.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you say?
Speaker 4: I said, thank you? And continue to ignore.
Speaker 5: It and continue to ignore, ignore, Wait, he's gonna think you don't like him, like that was your opening?
Speaker 4: You have headphones?
Speaker 2: Are you just sitting there in silence facing forward?
Speaker 4: At this point I knew that there was interest. So then when I saw him the next time, he asked me if I wanted to get coffee?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Whoa? So he had spoken one sentence to you prior.
Speaker 4: Well, then he said a little bit like, okay, it's you again, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like a little I mean, this is going to help people in real life. This is how you meet people in the real world. Get hard to get Like, what happens next? At this point? Do you give in?
Speaker 4: At this point I just prefaced by letting him know how incredibly busy I am. But I could maybe squeez him man after work?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you don't want to know that you've been slowly like stalking him, getting closer and closer to him.
Speaker 5: On the train, and that your heart's about to explode because the guy you can crush it on finally.
Speaker 1: Asked you out plain cool?
Speaker 2: Right, okay, so did you go after work?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: So we met at the train station and yeah, it was a it was a quick fifteen minute situation.
Speaker 2: Why so quick?
Speaker 1: Probably because the train was coming, So I noticed.
Speaker 4: That, like he is kind of I guess inexperienced, it seems.
Speaker 2: Why do you say that.
Speaker 4: Because he was he seemed a little uncomfortable, you know, like he didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Well.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was confusing for him in its own right because he was so used to you being cold then before. But I'm assuming that you guys exchanged numbers after that and have stayed in touch. So what's the latest.
Speaker 4: So we did exchange numbers, but now whenever I see him, he's acting strength. He's acting like like it never happened.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh interesting, And you're okay with the inexperienced part. It sounds like I kind.
Speaker 4: Of thought it was cute, you know, like she just doesn't look like he's been on a ton of dates, which you know is actually a good thing because like a lot of the guys on the app seem like may's been on three a day day.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was just really really nervous on that first date and had been looking forward to it just as much as you were. Yeah, so maybe he's been waiting and trying to figure out the right way to contact you. We're just gonna jump in and do it for him, though, We're gonna call him and try and get you your second date update right after this. Appreciate it, hold on second date update. They say sometimes silence speaks louder than words. Yeah, never understood that, But yeah, Josie, it's not just a quote. That's her entire seduction strategy. I believe this where get physically close to a guy and then just completely ignore him until he falls in love with you. And now I understand why whenever I try to ignore brook at work, she just wants to talk to me more and more and more, flagging me down, asking me all sorts of questions.
Speaker 2: To you, I only said, how is your weekend?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 1: All up in my business all over again. And that's how one of our listeners, Josie, met a guy named Benjamin on the train not too long ago. Over the course of several trips, she got closer and closer and closer to him till she was basically in his lap on a coffee date right before their next train. And I can feel Brooks staring at me this entire time, wanting to say something, What is it? What do you want?
Speaker 2: I'm just listening to what I'm not twisted. Okay, talk so much. Just get to the point.
Speaker 1: Okay, my point has been made that he's not calling her back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the bad point.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now what would you like to say?
Speaker 2: I don't know. How are you feeling, Josie? No, obviously she's not back.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want to talk to if she wants to listen, she's ignoring you.
Speaker 5: Now I want to know, like, is she nervous or does she think like they only spent fifteen minutes together.
Speaker 2: I don't know what can go so wrong in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Don't downplay her amazing date. Bro, that's really really.
Speaker 2: I'm just done with you. You can talk.
Speaker 4: Call the guy, Yes, call the guy.
Speaker 2: Call the guy. How does that feel?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I like to, you know, have meaningful conversations and dive into people's feel All right, now, we'll just get right to business and called Benjamin. I'm gonna dial his number. We'll see if he answers. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Benjamin? This is a not just one person, a whole radio show on the phone to talk to.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Good morning, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, we're doing something called a second date. Update because one of our listeners has been trying to get a hold of you, and apparently she wants to see you again on a real date.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know the right way to say this.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, like they only went you only went to coffee for fifteen minutes with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't sure if you would consider this a date or not. There's a girl from the train named Josie.
Speaker 6: You said it's a date. I know, go from the train named Josie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't want to label it a date. But apparently you guys have hung out seen each other a few times and had coffee together. That's the date we're referring.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we ride the same train line and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Okay, why didn't you consider the coffee.
Speaker 2: Meet up a date?
Speaker 6: Well, I guess, like technically, like we made an appointment or like a time to see each other.
Speaker 1: A lot of people would see that as two people meeting up and having a drink or whatever together. That's considered a date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But I mean like normally there's sort of like, I guess date vibes if you will, Oh.
Speaker 2: You didn't get anything vibes friendly.
Speaker 6: Well, I just didn't even know they were supposed to be chemistry there. So the deal is, my mom's birthday is coming up, and I know this is it's like a weird intro. But he this girl has like, I don't know how to describe it other than like a very similar style to my mom.
Speaker 5: What did you just say, Josie has a similar style to your mom?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 2: I cannot think.
Speaker 1: I mean, hold on, let's hear him out.
Speaker 6: Maybe not like in a g Like just I noticed she was wearing this jacket that my mom has the exact same one of Oh not the jacket.
Speaker 2: Ross is just insulting. Yeah, Gross's not into her, It's just okay.
Speaker 1: Josie mentioned us that you brought up her jacket looking really nice when you guys are on the train together. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: No? Yeah, so I noticed her on the train a couple of times, and I swear they must shop at the same place. And so I'm like, no, I don't know where to get a gift for my mom. And so I was just going to pick her brain on like where she shopped.
Speaker 1: This was an information site.
Speaker 2: Like where's the talbots?
Speaker 6: Oh, that might be a good place to go.
Speaker 1: Did you tell Josie during the coffee experience that you were looking to buy a gift for your mother or are you just information gathering?
Speaker 6: I don't know if i'd mentioned specifically that we talked about, like where she shopped and like, I mean it was brief, like okay, that's why I like when you said date. I don't really think of it as a date.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Somebody who may have seen it as a little bit more than that is Josie, who unfortunately has been listening to this entire conversation Benji, and she's on the other line.
Speaker 6: I mean, hello, you never seem interested.
Speaker 1: Hello, that's Josie.
Speaker 4: J Hia to get that's like so offensive. And my mom's cool?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, your mom is cool.
Speaker 1: It's possible maybe his mom is some sort of model.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you just ask me where I got the jacket when you complimented me on it and.
Speaker 6: Has that jacket.
Speaker 2: Jacket?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's kind of funny. He was probably taking your feelings into consideration by not bringing that up.
Speaker 5: I bet his mom was really like maybe a teenager when she had him, so she's very young.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's product of a teenage pregnancy.
Speaker 6: I know that's not true. Okay, it's like bohemian style. I don't know what you would call it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay, that's true. At no point that people, you.
Speaker 1: Know, what Josie probably wants to hear from you, Benjamin, is an apology of some sort.
Speaker 6: Why am I What did I do?
Speaker 1: Well? You said that she has the style of your mom?
Speaker 6: Would you rather my mom has your style?
Speaker 7: I don't know, nobody, Okay, can we get off the whole I dressed like his mom, saying okay, I think that's been established.
Speaker 4: I was genuinely like interested. You seemed like a really nice guy, and you just seemed like you were a little bit experienced, inexperience rather so now I just feel like an idiot.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he is inexperienced. I mean gifts for his mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think I'm an experienced blake. You didn't give off any signs of like, hey, let's go have a date.
Speaker 4: Why do you think I wanted to have coffee with you?
Speaker 1: She was playing hard to get with you.
Speaker 6: She didn't even want to have coffee with me. Point, She's like maybe I can fit you in. I was just like, well perfect, I don't need like.
Speaker 1: Between the lines that means she likes you.
Speaker 4: Telling you that I'm gonna make time for you should be indicative of interest.
Speaker 2: You need to be real.
Speaker 6: Clear, I don't have that, dakoder Rig. I thought you were just like literally busy.
Speaker 5: I mean she obviously you know now that she likes you, right, Like, it's very clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so put all the mom stuff aside. Do you see her like as a potential romantic interest for you?
Speaker 6: I haven't really even thought about it. Like, all I can do is like picture my mom's clothes.
Speaker 1: That could be sexy in something.
Speaker 6: Could be No, it's not like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm doing more damage than I am helping.
Speaker 2: Did you like, donate the jacket and then maybe get something.
Speaker 4: I'm not changing my wardrobe because of him.
Speaker 6: No, you shouldn't change it. I mean, you look amazing at I was serious when I complimented you.
Speaker 2: She's never going to be able to wear that jacket again.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, she'll find something out even hotter to wear on your first official day that we we're going to send you on it and pay for the day if you want to do this, Benjamin, what do you think can we?
Speaker 4: If not, don't even ask him?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're right, we should probably ask his mom for permission first, to make sure it's okay before he's allowed to go out with you.
Speaker 2: I think she's going to go home.
Speaker 1: You're done with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if there's coming back from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 6: Hey, Josie, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I really didn't see it as what you were shooting for. So I apologize, And like, they just don't allow it to be awkward when we see each other on the train again, So I really am sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it won't be. I'm probably gonna start taking the bus.
Speaker 1: Oh but that's like ignoring him. And when she ignores someone, it means that she likes I.
Speaker 4: Think throwing that. From now on, I'm never using that again.
Speaker 1: Rook Jeffrey in the Morning. This second date update was powered by Talbots. Stop it somethings to embrace your inner mom. Put on that floral button up blouse under a handstitch sweater vest, and then embrace the sexy. Yeah, why is that terrible?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: You mean no one wants to be compared to their mother.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I would like to ask that we destigmatize the idea that moms aren't sexy. Okay, I don't like this narrative that you guys are painting that moms can't be hot.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, you cannot be attracted to someone who looks like your own mother.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if your own mother is heid clue.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's your opinions.
Speaker 2: If you're a hot mom text in the seventy five nine, are you trying to get hot moms attetion? That is not what this is about.
Speaker 1: Solidarity in numbers. And if we can't agree on that, at least we can agree on this, we'll help you with your dating life.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No't matter who your mom is, no matter what they look like.
Speaker 2: All right, heiy Klum's daughter, give us a call.
Speaker 1: That's right, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Broken Jeffrey