Speaker 1: Guess where I am right now? Where I I don't know. I'm trying to guess myself what is happening. I'm in the GTA, which I just learned about another term. It's called the Greater Toronto Area. Of course, people outside Toronto don't know what people in Toronto are talking about when they say GTA, but it was like used on me the other day. They're just like, you know, I'm in the GGA, you know, like the TMZ. I'm like what, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's really cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cute. Right, you're your.
Speaker 2: Good tour guide. Hey, everybody, welcome to Zalta.
Speaker 4: I'm Michellebyte and please please welcome my what do you call me? A co from Go Jordan's my CO from Go Jordan.
Speaker 1: Well it rhymes with you, my co from Go Mischelle Buteux. Oh you love little brain games.
Speaker 5: Like this, so go ahead do it.
Speaker 4: No, I was gonna say Jordan Conchita al Roker, Missala, Gonzalese Gonzalez, Edward Jones, Jordan Carlos and associates.
Speaker 2: I just was on the phone with my bank.
Speaker 3: Oh how are they?
Speaker 4: There's nothing more embarrassing than your card not working, like just anywhere, but mainly the diner, especially when people are like, oh my god, I'm such a.
Speaker 2: Fan, and then your card's declined.
Speaker 3: The money is in there, the money's been there, get it out.
Speaker 2: I don't really have cash like that anymore.
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't have like gold, I don't know enough money.
Speaker 2: Is this an awkward question?
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to borrow money from you.
Speaker 2: It's almost like I just asked you something personal.
Speaker 4: You're like, uh, I don't really talk about it in public like that.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: But what did your dad's wallet look like growing up?
Speaker 3: Like a Castanza wallet, like a brick? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Did your dad have handkerchiefs?
Speaker 1: My dad did not have handkerchiefs, because that's gross.
Speaker 3: It was a clean nex situation.
Speaker 4: My dad had handkerchiefs and it's not engraved. What's it called when like your initials are on it?
Speaker 2: Embroidered?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not emboss embroidered. Okay, yeah, oh my god, embalmed.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: I said, boss, My dad always had a handkerchief and he needed it. He has allergies. But yeah, man, that while it was tick.
Speaker 1: It was tick because it was the eighties in the nineties and you didn't have like access, like you could just like check on your mortgage on the phone, you know what I'm saying, just like on a screen. That's right. You had cash in your mattress. Yeah, yeah, cash rules. So I keep two American dollars here in Canadia.
Speaker 3: Which is super helpful.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I flashed those two dollars and people are like, jump back Aloney and atuney.
Speaker 4: I used to wear cowboy boots. There was a summer y'all. I hope you're sitting and you're cowing.
Speaker 2: Okay, bitch.
Speaker 4: There was this someone that I did go through like this floral dress, cowboy boot face.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good fase. Do you remember me when I kind of remember this?
Speaker 4: Do you remember me when this is when Old Navy really came out with the plus size dresses, suff said, all, I about to live my best life, felt like a big titty Puerto Rican Drew Barrymore in every movie like, oh so floral. I didn't even like fuck with persons anymore. I just would keep everything in my boot What.
Speaker 3: Do you mean you keep it in your boots?
Speaker 2: I would keep my.
Speaker 4: Debit card, my BlackBerry, my cash. It just be all up in my socks, disgusting.
Speaker 3: What if you did a cartwheel, you were screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know me, cartwheel bete over here?
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: By the way, don't try to do a cartwheel when you're an adult, because your ankles do not got that bounce.
Speaker 2: Like they used to.
Speaker 3: I pulled off a cartwheel.
Speaker 2: I knew you were gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I received no congratulations for even though I heard every joint in my spine pop and I was like, huh, I still got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the perfect quote.
Speaker 4: If anybody wants to know what it's like being friends with the middle child, that quote sums it up, motherfucking perfectly.
Speaker 2: I did a car wheel. No one congratulated me.
Speaker 1: That's why I gotta stop doing them. I guess. Oh, yeah, it's it's sad.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not sad. You got kids. Find your joy, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I see these parents at the playground like who's it, and I'm like, not me, bitch. My kids are really cute, but they're always like, Mama, let's play hide and seek. I'm like, have you seen any horror movie. No, not yet, you're four. But I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm exactly who you're talking about. I know you're speaking in generalities but speaking specifically to me.
Speaker 3: But I'm always playing with them.
Speaker 1: I'm that a whole parent that like climbs the giant toy with them.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, still got it. God, I'm still agile. I take my own makeup freees.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm punchable while my wife sits down, you know, on a bench moros looking up like in a black and white film. I don't want them at the end of the day, when they're on the therapists couch, to be like Dad never played with me, you.
Speaker 2: Know, one hundred.
Speaker 4: We want to be the change we want to see, right, And that's why I make eye contact with them. I don't like to be on my phone around them. Sometimes I have to be. We're beholding to our phones. It's got everything India.
Speaker 1: It's fun to be wild and free. When I do get back to my phone, Yeah, I realize maybe.
Speaker 3: I'm not as popular as I thought.
Speaker 1: It was not as many notifications as I thought, you know, mostly just Joe Biden asking me for thirty bucks and things like that.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And on that note, while America figures her shit out, please enjoy this episode with good gosh.
Speaker 2: Should we call him a comedy godfather? What'll we call him?
Speaker 1: He's a bit of a comedy godfather, a bit of a comedy jack of all trades, you know, hard to really define this mess.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's unfindable, which is what I love about him. He Yeah, if there's a box, he's on the side of it making his own.
Speaker 2: Box, which I really do appreciate.
Speaker 4: And him and his wife are just you know, when you think about these couples who create a community, you know, within a community, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: You guys, enough enough.
Speaker 3: Please enjoy Scott Ackerman, how was that?
Speaker 5: Farkling's good jars? Make some motherfucking noise? Want for motherfucking time?
Speaker 4: Please come on, okay, creaky, you did that.
Speaker 5: Good to see. Hello.
Speaker 4: Look she got a mask on. You must have a nice paying job. Yes, hi, everybody, thank you for coming to insulting.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna shove you toe. This is Jordan Carlos.
Speaker 5: How's it going, y'all?
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 4: We turned down the house lights a little bit. It's a little bright. I want to see who we're fucking with.
Speaker 1: It seems like a nice collection of people. They look like looks like a bank commercial.
Speaker 5: Very nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, is it giving Chase?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, these guys, these guys were extras in my show Survival the Thickets putting it on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Yes, I called tod a.
Speaker 4: Low budget Natasha Lely Young because she's got that wave.
Speaker 1: A low budget wait stand up so everybody can see how Yeah, I see it.
Speaker 5: I see your true.
Speaker 4: Shine and through.
Speaker 5: That's a compliment. That's a compliment. Oh my god, look at look at this. You guys look good.
Speaker 4: Where are you going?
Speaker 2: You want to come here?
Speaker 4: It's your birthday, bitch, Yes, you got a birthday outfit on stand up? How old?
Speaker 2: Am titty?
Speaker 5: Stand up girls?
Speaker 4: Show everybody your birthday outphant, bitch, give me some apple by this Vega's birthday turn around?
Speaker 5: Turn around.
Speaker 2: She's y'all, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, she looks very fetching.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's all you got.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not.
Speaker 2: It isn't Bridgardton. She's fetching.
Speaker 1: Oh she's quite stunning, you know, like she's Oh my god. Well I'm not gonna say anything any come on, I mean respect, Did you ever have a birth Did you ever buy a birthday gift for your person that went bus?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so glad you asked.
Speaker 4: What a great follow up, Steve Harvey, Thank you, thank you do what I can.
Speaker 5: What the fuck?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: I had a college boyfriend and he was a little out of shape, but I wasn't here to body shame.
Speaker 2: I was just here to help.
Speaker 4: And and so I got him like one of those you know, those little all in one workouts you put in your your garage and it's like you can do.
Speaker 5: This and this and this and this on it.
Speaker 4: And so I got it for him and he was angry, but I was like, I got a little cute workout outfit with him. I was like, we could just do this together. I got legwarmers. I'm like, come on, let's do it. And he was like, no, this is trash and he went to go return it and got a DVD player instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jokes on him. We don't even use DVDs anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like a haircut, though, thank.
Speaker 5: You very much.
Speaker 1: I tried to get my son to get his haircut, and this is what happened.
Speaker 5: I got my haircut.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to get his haircut.
Speaker 1: He's very persuasive. He's just like, I don't want to get a hip cut, and I was like, you have to get two lightning bolts that you like. He likes to Patrick Mahomes haircut because my son looks like Patrick Mahomes is a football player, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, who's that shut?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did he win British bakeuff? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like to show I like to show him like, you know, light right, because he's inter racial, so I show him like people like Mahomes or like Steph Curry and I'm like.
Speaker 5: You too can be you know. And so he has a litt role.
Speaker 1: Models, the Derek Jeters of the world. So anyway, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Derek Jeters of the world.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: He just pulled the switch th ru and I got the haircut. But it's all good. But but well, we'll get it done. He's just like that. He's like that, he's like what he's just like he just Jedi mind shit that he does to me where I was like, I'm gonna cut your hair, and then I'm like, what the fuck happened?
Speaker 5: You know, like that's nice, my hair got cat.
Speaker 2: But he's growing into his personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a little play date and that went not well. And yeah, yeah, you think you think it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Go great, A play date's gonna go great. You gotta all worked out. I want to play date.
Speaker 4: Go listen. I love the shit out of my kids. It's a lot of work with them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I have to watch your kids and feed them.
Speaker 2: And they asked me where the batteries are for this shit? It's broken?
Speaker 5: Move on?
Speaker 2: Why are you asking me?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 4: What do you even mean? This isn't apple juice? I have go home, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Why are we doing this?
Speaker 4: And especially if they're potty trading the toilet seat, and then like sometimes the parents drop them. I'm off, it's just like are you leaving? They're like yeah, I'll be right back. I'm like, okay. Sometimes the parents stay and I'm like, not gonna feed you too, Like, what the fuck? None of it is good?
Speaker 5: Do you want to do a play date next week with our kids?
Speaker 3: Don't want to do.
Speaker 5: A play day?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I actually do like your kids because they have manners and they're a little older than my kids, and so they get along well.
Speaker 5: This kid did not have manners.
Speaker 1: This kid came over and just the first thing they did was like you got stairs, cool and went up the stairs. Oh.
Speaker 4: I will say a lot of kids that come over that live in apartments, they're like, what's up there? Like who's up there? And I'm like the killer. I hope they're cleaning out. I don't give a fuck. I'm gonna I don't give a fuck. Stay here.
Speaker 2: This is what you get.
Speaker 5: I hate this shit ground floor.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: When they start getting into the fruit that's not theirs, I'm like, you better put the avocado back, bitch. That is my healthy fat for the fucking week.
Speaker 5: I really can't that's it. I really fucking can't go on.
Speaker 3: This is true.
Speaker 1: That's the next thing the kid did was once they were they're like, they're like, okay, cool downstairs, and they go into the kitchen. Into the kitchen, right, they've never been there. What I don't I don't know. They just opened up my refrigerator. It's like, what do you gotta eat? What do you got to eat? That's what the kids said, exactly right.
Speaker 5: It was insane. Yeah, they just they ate me out of house and home. I had to. They're like, they're like, you got ice?
Speaker 3: Cream.
Speaker 5: I was like, no, we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't have we have postacles, Like, can you go get some ice cream? What?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, So I was like, I guess I'm gonna go get ice cream.
Speaker 5: No I did, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I guess I filled out I didn't know I had. I had filled out a W two because I worked for this person.
Speaker 5: So there is this thing.
Speaker 4: It's one of two things, right, and you know, I have dogs now And that was like a very big game changer for me because then I started meeting like dog people and either like the things they take care of the dogs of the kids right, Either they just have stars in their eyes for them, they're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Aren't they so cute?
Speaker 4: And like no, they're literally shitting in this plant right now, handle it. That's not cute. Or they're also assholes. So therefore the little the offspring assholes too.
Speaker 5: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, this person, this child is sciopath guys, and no, no, no, because the parents are so sweet, they're so nice, they can't say no, you see what I'm saying. And then here's the honey hush, the honey hush. When the kid had left, there was a giant red stain on our couch? What was it on our couch?
Speaker 3: Which?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: Sharpie?
Speaker 1: It was red sharpie, red sharpie. I said, where did they get a shark? We don't have sharpies? Brought the sharpie they brought? Oh my god, do you understand they're the goddamn devil?
Speaker 4: Okay, which is but for toddlers?
Speaker 3: Like what?
Speaker 1: And it just like it was just bleeding onto the couch and I thought like someone had suffered a head wound and it was I don't know, I didn't know what's happening. So then my wife and I are like convulsing, were like the couch charge.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a wild color to see when you don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the why.
Speaker 4: It's like it's when you have beats and you forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think you have cancer? You think you have cancer. You're pretty sure you have cancer.
Speaker 2: I kind of remember when you eat the beets.
Speaker 5: Give me a meat, fresh beets. No, So she that's a conniption. I have a conniption.
Speaker 1: My son is the only one left. He's six years old. You can't get mad at a six year old, Like, do you understand what it takes to get yes you can, well, yes you can.
Speaker 5: He doesn't understand.
Speaker 2: Yes he does.
Speaker 5: No, he doesn't get it. He does not get it. He does He's like kids, watch.
Speaker 4: Enough cartoons and ship where it's this like bad person, good person, that's a bad person, pick another one that's good.
Speaker 1: Right, But we don't we don't teach good and bad people in our house.
Speaker 2: Well, then you're gonna get fucking stands on your couch.
Speaker 5: You're ready for more ship?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Yes, oh god, I know it's sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all need to do like more edibles. You guys, I'm very excited about the show. We have a lot of amazing talent here for you tonight, and I just can't fucking wait. Plus my kids are at home.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 1: So our first guest tonight hilarious, hilarious. You might know him from the show Comedy Bang Bang. What comedy legend he is? Please give it up for Scott occer Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this guy?
Speaker 4: Look at this guy?
Speaker 5: Quick on that.
Speaker 4: What in that Dancing with the Stars is going on?
Speaker 5: I love that you're making such a met all of your intro. It's beautiful.
Speaker 6: Hello, hello, hello, Hello.
Speaker 4: I like to call our audience a bra They just uplift and support. So many questions. Where are you from? Where are you from there?
Speaker 6: Where? Why?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm from California. Yes, I grew up in the shadow of Disneyland, where I worked for a little bit as well. I was several characters. I was Goofy.
Speaker 5: What are you ready for the Goofy?
Speaker 6: I was the tall characters.
Speaker 8: Okay, so there were There were I believe four different height costumes. So from I'm so Pluto. So I was never Pluto because that was one below me is a little bit shorter.
Speaker 2: Pluto just gives tall energy.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was.
Speaker 8: He has reel bde big dog energy.
Speaker 5: It sure does, all right.
Speaker 8: So Captain hook Bear Bear Bear Bear, yes, all of the races.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, how hot was it up in that costume?
Speaker 8: This was the eighties, So it was hot. Now I say that like that means something, you know, how hot the eighties were?
Speaker 6: No, it was.
Speaker 8: I hear that it's actually much better now that they have air conditioning in the suits, but they did not back then. So and I worked during the summer and it was it was really tough. You were only supposed to be out in the park for they had kind of like a ten minutes on, ten minutes off. Occasionally it would get up to a half hour, so it would be like a half hour on, half hour off. And then every once in a while there were these things that you had to do they called walkabouts, which was you would enter the park on like Main Street and then walk through the park and go backstage at like New Orleans Square, and you were only supposed to take a half hour doing it.
Speaker 6: And then one day in the middle of the summer.
Speaker 8: I got lost for two and a half hours in the park and just wandering around the park, like waving at kids and like, where am I trying to find a backstage?
Speaker 5: Like a nightmare.
Speaker 8: It was night And then you know, at one point, I'm like taking pictures with kids, and someone just gently took my hand and said.
Speaker 6: There you are, beraar bear.
Speaker 8: We've been looking for you. I just love that gently led me backstage.
Speaker 2: No, did you cry? Were you crying under that mask?
Speaker 6: I was?
Speaker 8: It was one time though, when I was Captain Hook, we don't if.
Speaker 2: I had a zala every time.
Speaker 8: First of all, I had these gloves that were no I was the big bad wolf, that's right. I had gloves that were only four fingers right, a thumb and three fingers right, because you're a cartoon. Yeah, and so I and kids were just assholes.
Speaker 5: They still are, are they really?
Speaker 8: They haven't changed?
Speaker 5: Well yeah so yeaheah.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about how there's a kid at my house that destroyed a four thousand dollars catch. Yeah, I want to go home now.
Speaker 8: Is that a lot of money to you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, me ouch kidding likes to scratch.
Speaker 8: Just do a guest spot on a sitcom like One Beach.
Speaker 5: Right, you're right, do it go.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 5: This is coming from bear Bear.
Speaker 8: We still four five cents an hour.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're bragging.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 8: But I had four fingers, and I was able to figure out that I could flip kids off and it would just look like I was pointing at him and one the one kid, the one kid I really wanted to know, he could figure out. He goes, I see what you're doing right now?
Speaker 5: Oh shit?
Speaker 3: Gotah.
Speaker 4: You know I went to Disneyland and Disney World I think two times in my childhood, and I cried and asked my mom to leave because it felt like everybody was unhappy. It's sort of like when you go to SNL. You're like, it's supposed to be happy, but everyone is either coked out or afraid they might get fired.
Speaker 2: That's the vibe.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Sanna's not really either, bitches.
Speaker 2: That's the vibe. And I was like, you know, I didn't have the vocabulary.
Speaker 4: I was like six or seven, but I'm like, like Pluto's getting beat up.
Speaker 6: We were coked out. Yeah, this was the eighties and.
Speaker 5: That's why I was still hot because of the cocaine.
Speaker 1: What was it like, are there tunnels that connect you to different parts of the park things like that?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, No, there there are not, although I did get to see several of the secret kind of places, like the underground basketball court that's like underneath a matterhorn.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: What's I meant?
Speaker 6: You're asking me what a basketball court was?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean why was that put there? That's amazing.
Speaker 8: I just like employees shooting, you know, threes from downtown.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 4: When you applied for the job, were you like, oh, I hope I get it.
Speaker 5: Were you like nervous?
Speaker 8: You have to audition. It was a three day audition process.
Speaker 5: So this ISNL okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah it was so I had to I had to do a choreographed dance I had.
Speaker 5: To do remember it this? Do we want to see him do the choreograph dance? So we got a little just a little bit of it. Give this man a job.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was like the final thing of flashdowns.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean usually people would be throwing dollar bills, but everyone's got bitcoined. So oh yeah, yeah, that's crazy, that's insane.
Speaker 5: Three days, that's too many days. Three days.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And you were you were auditioning to either be a character or to be in the parade, and everyone wanted to be in the parade. Sure, And there was a real class distinction between people in the parade look down on us so much because we either weren't good looking enough or in my case, wasn't a good enough answer to be, you know, in the actual parade.
Speaker 3: But did you.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 5: No, that was given parade dance?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: See you.
Speaker 8: I wish you were the auditioner too.
Speaker 1: Do you ever go back and like, have you ever gone back to Disneyland and been like, god, like, does it haunt you sometimes? Like?
Speaker 8: No, No, I actually love it there weirdly enough, and I loved like getting to see all the little weird stuff backstage and just because I grew up next to it and I would go every year and you know, bug my parents to go. So it was really cool for me to As terrible as the job was and absolutely the worst job I've ever had, it was, I have fond memories of it.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, that's so nice.
Speaker 4: What about people who are obsessed with it like it's their nationality and get tattoos?
Speaker 6: Oh they're fucking weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I'm not going to talk about Mariah Carey Nick Cannon, but I'm just like, really, that's where you want to go and renew your rowls? I'm sorry? Are you friends with Mariah Carey?
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: Check it.
Speaker 4: You're at a warehouse in Brooklyn with one working bar, and you guys are gonna come for me because Vario Carey, for noter, vows multiple times on distey Land.
Speaker 8: Are your babies with Nick Cannon? I'm worried mine is?
Speaker 2: Do I have babies?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I've never seen him in like, I haven't seen him in a while, So no, if I hugged him, i'd probably be able to like, But no, I.
Speaker 8: Think that's how it happens.
Speaker 2: You know, this is an interesting.
Speaker 5: Topic. Babies.
Speaker 2: No, I mean what is that about?
Speaker 4: Like are we oh, like you know that song I See your face in every Flower. You know that's that old song. Like men just want to see their face even like even like DMX, I'm just like, what is it? You know you're fertile, These women know you're fertile, Like, why are we doing this?
Speaker 8: It's like my my theory is the fucking feels good? Okay, yeah, that's as far as I've gotten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fair, Yes, I want. I wanted to ask your dad now.
Speaker 6: Yes, I just had a baby. Yeah, thank you, thank you so much. I had a baby.
Speaker 1: You had a baby, yeah, a little a little bang thing.
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly. A podcast neo baby podcast, royalty.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: And we were talking about like backstage, about infertility and stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you cool to share?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So we both had our children via surrogate, which is amazing because I do find these women to be like walking angels on earth.
Speaker 2: The minute you get married or even find someone you like.
Speaker 4: As we learn from the most recent Love is Blind reunion, people want to.
Speaker 2: Know I didn't start up, but okay.
Speaker 4: People want to know when you're going to have the baby and like because like, thank god, I do stand up because I'm just like, when you pay for it, move on, bitch.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So I can think of something, but a lot of people can't.
Speaker 4: So when you are struggling to have a child and people ask you all the time, it's like, did you guys figure out how to have that conversation or what to say to people?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: Weirdly, in California, no one ever asks that. I think that, like they just everything in California is just more like what are you working on now? You know, like that's the only conversation you really have? So but we I don't know. We were relatively I mean my wife especially was relatively honest about what was going on over the over the years.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: So I don't know, but it is one of those weird questions people don't quite know how to approach, you know, of like what actually is happening because we were talking about a backstage there's so much drama leading up to it. So we just kind of kept everything private until the week she was here and then we were like, ah, we had a baby.
Speaker 4: Everyone surprised, but same same because you're still processing your shit, so you don't know how to fully talk about it, and so I did pick like a handful of friends like Jordan and his wife, like, you know, people who understood what a struggle was like, especially the struggle I was going through. And then people who just really loved me and have my back, because what I didn't realize is that some friends and family members like to see me struggle.
Speaker 2: Interesting They thought, like, I not.
Speaker 3: An I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like it anymore.
Speaker 3: I lost it.
Speaker 4: I like, why is she so happy? Why is she working so hard? Why do I see her face everywhere? So they like actually enjoyed that. And I have seen it and heard of it, but never actually experienced it. And I was like, oh, thank you for telling me that. I don't ever have to fucking call you anymore. Yeah, when you really find out who your people are when something good has happened to you, it's really hard to describe. But what was it like finally bringing baby home after years and years?
Speaker 8: I mean it was there was so much, like I say, drama leading up to it, of so much like you know, heart break for ten years. You know that it was, which was another reason why we never wanted to mention it before. It actually like came true, you know what I mean. So, but it was Yeah, I mean I felt a little bit removed from it because I was not allowed in the delivery room because say.
Speaker 5: With my husband, Oh really, yeah.
Speaker 8: Because I'm not allowed to be around children within fifty yards.
Speaker 2: They saw the Pluto tape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a very interesting experience for both of us because it always felt like I had to knock on the door and say, am I allowed in? Even though they're my children. But I also respected her privacy greatly because this is also her body, and so it really has shaped me as a mom where my children, even though they're fo I'm like, this is your body. If you don't feel comfortable with me hugging you right now, it's fine, Like we have to choose what's right for you. And it also made me feel like everybody that I love really is a village. Whether it's friends that I know, were just somebody nice on an airplane, I'm like, y'all are part of the village.
Speaker 5: Come help a bit, shout.
Speaker 8: Thank you, thank you for gesturing to me when you said friends, you know the way I felt included.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I'm sorry, no you did.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean.
Speaker 6: Okay, that makes more sense. That makes more sense. Nice, got it.
Speaker 1: That's a good noise. Uh, the toast is ready. I have no idea somebody's making ice machine.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: It's the ice machine?
Speaker 4: Miked aggressive question from the audience. They like to ask us stuff, all right, and we'd like to answer it.
Speaker 1: Where's the best place to buy sex toys in store? Okay, so that's that's the question. What Babeland? You think Babeland? Yeah, I think CBS. I feel like CBS has got all the products. Possibly the problem is being even locked up. You know what I'm saying With all the de.
Speaker 8: Technically anything can be a sex toy if you inserted the right way.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's amazing. Yeah, Davis and Toyland is probably the best. Yeah, I would say, I don't you know what.
Speaker 4: It doesn't gonna sound bushi as fucked, but I get my sex toye for freak because I write them.
Speaker 5: Wow, thank you, thank you, so good luck?
Speaker 4: All right, Scott, what's the question?
Speaker 8: You got suggestions phrases other than walking away for white co workers who won't mind their business?
Speaker 1: Scott, go ahead, I didn't see that, Scott, take it.
Speaker 5: How do you deal how do you deal with the white Scott?
Speaker 7: I just got that question, but I honestly didn't read it.
Speaker 8: Well, maybe you could try some out on me and see if I get offended?
Speaker 1: Okay, what I'm uh? Yeah, what do I say?
Speaker 6: Be careful?
Speaker 5: I know, my god, I'm not into I'm not into Jack Johnson like that. I'm not into.
Speaker 8: I don't care about banana pancakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've never been to. OHI is that good?
Speaker 2: What's what's the question?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 4: I was and I was shocked and I forgot what was the question?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 8: How do you deal with a white coworker who won't mind their business?
Speaker 4: What you don't say is like, hey, white, you know what, here's something if you want tis ship. It's sort of like when a woman calls to say she got her period, she got cramps. No one's gonna follow up with that ship, you know what I mean, even if she just want to day off of something. So if you're white co or like really wants to know, letone.
Speaker 8: Is there an equivalent of oh, I have menstrual cramps? For like, we're talking about stuff that we don't want to include you in. In other words, like a code that you could say like, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm in my forties, so right now, I'm just like, this ain't for you, you know what I mean, Like, this isn't your time. I'll call you when it's your time. Straight up, it's not for you. You can go, but with a smile, thank you.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Like in my thirties, I'm just like, well, and I'm like, why am I aging myself well, like trying to make them feel comfortable. So I'm just like I need a moment, you know, that's all. Yeah, who wrote this question?
Speaker 5: How old are you? They're not going to say, because they're here with the white co workers.
Speaker 6: Follow them.
Speaker 2: Okay, last questions.
Speaker 4: I have feelings for my friend and we recently started sleeping together.
Speaker 2: Somebody goes juicy widole.
Speaker 5: Are reacting tonight. People are like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It does one yoga class.
Speaker 1: Okay, he teaches it, now, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah he told me it's never going to be more than something casual. Hell yeah, do I still keep sleeping with him even though, yeah, even though my feelings were hurt.
Speaker 5: People, it's so easy to say that. It's so easy to say that and he's on.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a deep cut, bitch. Thank you're having a basic cable. I love that ship. That's VH one. Listen. It is very hard, especially like when you're digmatized, because if he can make you come in.
Speaker 2: A certain way, you're just like.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that's a lab or you haven't asked. I got some clariton of my purse.
Speaker 8: When you get digmatized, does he have to wave it in front.
Speaker 6: Of your face back and forth?
Speaker 4: He doesn't, ye truly when it sucks when you sit and spin on something and you're like, we are so connected here, but why are we not connected there? Right? What I will say is, you know, and I'm really bad at examples, so give me a fucking minute. When you eat something and it's delicious and the serotonin's like, oh my god, and then you go to the doctor and he's like you're cholesterol, You're like, okay, he's not good for me. It's telling me it's not good for me, but it feels good. It tastes good. That's my terrible example of being digmatized. So in the long run, you're doing yourself a disservice, okay, because you could be having really good sex with someone who's not gonna hurt your feelings, and y'all keep it casual all the way. If you have the feelings and you're fucking him, that's crazy because you're the one getting poked.
Speaker 1: But sometimes it does feel good to dip something in blue ranch, you know what I'm saying, like or blue cheese.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, one more question and we got.
Speaker 5: To move on.
Speaker 8: I like your idea though a blue ranch. I like like a combination of the two. Yeah, that sounds delicious.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Any tips? I'm balancing a demanding job and a relationship. Angie, your favorite publicist, Jesus Christ. I turned my last time, Angie, where the fuck are you saying?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Okay, last time Angie was here, her phone went off and I was like, your phone went off at like nine pm?
Speaker 2: Do you have to take your birth control? She's like yes. So you want to balance work in a relationship.
Speaker 8: She's asking, how do you balance work in family?
Speaker 4: Like the way the way you are at your job, be that with your relationship.
Speaker 2: Period plan overplan and check in. How we doing? How's my performance? Is what you could do? This is what I feel like we could do. Together.
Speaker 4: That's how you fucking move on. That's just me though, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think you said it all right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I mean it seems like you you have you have a career. She's a big time public time publicist. I mean sometimes people say it's not balance, its choice, so like you have to choose sometimes it can't be equal. And you know, when you make that choice, have confidence in the choice and say that what you chose was worth it.
Speaker 5: People are just Yeah, I was happy. I was.
Speaker 8: I think, choose that job. A job is so much better than a family. Like the family, It's like anyone can have one of those. But you have an amazing job as a publicist. You're amazing. Choose that all right?
Speaker 1: You heard?
Speaker 4: Does everybody giving up for Scott?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: I just took my kids to like a Paw Patrol live show, and I was looking at the dancers who like had to pretend to be dogs and pretend to like it, and I was like, I feel for you, Like a shock of Cotton song, I think I love you you for Scott, just to like go in on what the experience is like in a costume in the eighties with no ac making people happy.
Speaker 2: But still the love.
Speaker 4: You know, the beaming joy he has for the Disney Institution is infectious, right, And so I'm like, Okay, there is hope for everybody that has to like tap dance as a dog in a very hot costume. And you know what, he is the first guest that we forgot to ask the question what's the most adult thing that you want to do for yourself that you haven't?
Speaker 2: But I feel like, goddamn, he's done it, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, He's doing all the things.
Speaker 1: And you know, sometimes that question can really stunt people because they're like, damn, aren't I doing enough?
Speaker 3: You know, I know, you know.
Speaker 1: So I feel like that question would be asked an answer by all the things that he relayed he was doing already. Yeah. I was also interested in the fact that he's actually from California and in show business, because sometimes that like repels people and they're like, I want to get as far away from that as humanly possible.
Speaker 3: But he just completely embraced it.
Speaker 2: I love that too.
Speaker 4: I mean, god, I'm just thinking about everybody from California.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: My mind goes Jordan, it goes who are you seeing? Tell me whose face you see when you think of California?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm also thinking about New York and people like in Broadway shows, the people that do, like the thankless jobs, the.
Speaker 1: People in the course, yeah, the tech yes folk, Yeah, absolutely yeah, night after night giving it to you, the people in the pit playing the music, making a sta yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. End episode The Great White Way.
Speaker 2: No wait, thank you guys for listening. I hope you didn't laugh too much.
Speaker 4: I hope you enjoyed the air horns and learned a little something about yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't know your journey, bitch.
Speaker 3: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is g Howley.
Speaker 3: Our associate producer is Alex Chief.
Speaker 2: This episode was mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 3: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: Additional production support from Hannah Kyle Crichton.
Speaker 1: Theme song and live show djang is by Don will Our Live.
Speaker 2: Show producer is Marion Ways.
Speaker 3: Artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 2: Photography by Gis vander Most.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Karen Kilgera, Georgia Hartstark and Daniel Kramer.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram at adulting the Pod.
Speaker 1: Email your questions to adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: MMMM