Speaker 1: What's up the service. I'm Angela Yee, I'm J. J.
Speaker 2: Maguire, I'm Jeordie.
Speaker 3: Jor, I'm Zuri Prior Graves, and.
Speaker 2: I'm your girl, even morself.
Speaker 4: And this show didn't even start, and I feel like we already did have that.
Speaker 2: Because happening.
Speaker 4: But let's just make sure we're all familiar with who everybody is here, because Zuri Pia Graves, you are an intimacy coordinator I am, and a mental health expert.
Speaker 3: I am clinician.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, like run it down because I don't want to miss anything you.
Speaker 3: I mean, those are those are the two main things.
Speaker 5: But I'm a sexuality educator and I used to be a sexuality a sex.
Speaker 2: Therapist, sexuality educator.
Speaker 5: Well when I was doing it, I used to write curriculum for sex education in schools. And it was also at a time where HR policies didn't include language around transidentities and all these sur revising corporate pr policies to make sure that they're inclusive.
Speaker 4: Of well, they're about to throw all that out, girl, because the way times are looking. Sheeshuh and Eva, before we even started this, we were talking about eats, lay love and of course you know, we are excited for all the Kings men to all.
Speaker 1: The queens Men, sorry, all the Queen's Men coming back on November.
Speaker 6: There's so many kings in there, though, I get it. Listen, the Kings came there.
Speaker 4: We actually yesterday yesterday, me, Jordan and Gigi were at my house and we were watching like binging Everything Eats Lay Love, but also catching up on season three so then we could get ready for season.
Speaker 2: Four of All the Queens.
Speaker 1: Thank you and listen.
Speaker 4: When when we were looking at like the preview of what happened on the previous season, we were like, well, no, let's run that back again because we need to catch back up because I don't even remember this, you know how.
Speaker 1: It is just so much happening.
Speaker 6: There's so much happening. And that's what I love about doing TV and film. I always thought say that entertainment, especially actors and TV and film, we satisfy two things. We there make it relatable, which is why reality TV became such a big thing. Or watching yourself. When you're watching your favorite TV shows like Living Single. Back in the day, it was relatable, right, like that's your aunt, that's your mom, that's you, And then the other thing we look for is an escape from like whatever our life is, the election, breakups, just whatever.
Speaker 2: You just need an escape from reality.
Speaker 6: And so that's what I feel like TV does, and that's what I enjoy doing as an entertainer, is bringing all of those things to the forefront.
Speaker 1: Thank you, madam. Do you guys have an intimacy coordinator on set?
Speaker 2: Is groceries? Okay?
Speaker 6: You have to show when I found out that you were bringing an intimacy coordinator. You have no idea how excited I was, because it is the one question a lot of actors are asked when they do work that is not PG and the show like mine, has every letter it's like PG, M.
Speaker 2: A, t Z exactly right.
Speaker 6: So it's like we come out Thanksgiving Day, get ready to get stuffed. We have two episodes for you, whether or not for your kids, And in that there is text. There's a lot of what intimacy looks like in different versions, and so people are often asked.
Speaker 2: I'm often asked, you know, like how you don't scene like did he really like?
Speaker 6: And I try to explain it the best way I can I know. On All the Queen's Men Season two, A white Coastar and I had a love scene on a jet and some things, and.
Speaker 1: Then you gave back that diamond necklace.
Speaker 2: Because Angelou wee can buy our own diamonds.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying like, it's okay.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's okay.
Speaker 2: But in that scene people often ask like what was what?
Speaker 6: So you're the person that I am used to leaning on at work that it's like, I know you're having sex, like do you want.
Speaker 2: To keep it wrong? Do you want like a one piece?
Speaker 6: Like do you want a body double? Do you want a body double? That's often a very big thing. I'm like, oh, that bottom half wasn't me. You saw me with the d string like my trailer.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: So not, but the amount of comfort that actors are provided with intimacy coordinators. I mean I can look back at my sex scenes and I choreographed it to a te so I have it video tape five six times and jogging pants prior to so there was no question of like, do ain't no tongue slipping here? Like I was supposed to move my head that way to you know, And so it's but it's you that taught me that or the intimacy of coordinators.
Speaker 2: So I applaud you and I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us a little bit about what you do.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, So, I mean that was such a good run down, especially including body suits and different things. But the main thing I feel like is that people are not actually having sex. So a lot of actors get questions all the time like that, No, but what we do is we do our best to try to make it look.
Speaker 3: Like they are while keeping them safe.
Speaker 5: So coming to even being like, hey, what are you comfortable with in this scene in terms of what are you wearing? You know, what are the movements that we can work out and developing really repeatable and really specific actions that are associated with those sex scenes. And that's what we do with our actors, and we do a lot of other things like behind the cameras to make sure legally that these actors are protected and that the production is protected.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about protection time because they literally like ladies. You heard of commandos, Yes, okay, I'm like a big underwear kind of girl, So I don't wear those in my personal life. But there's not a sex scene you do without like like everything's coming.
Speaker 2: That's like it's like the little thin panty. It takes over everything, like so you can't see it.
Speaker 6: So if you want to wear those cute dresses or the sides are cut out.
Speaker 4: The regular I know where you could buy. I thought it was something special.
Speaker 2: One of those breathe right nose strips.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like they covered it like completely, but this is the gag.
Speaker 2: The men wear them too, Yes, the men. They put their stuff in it. They pushing back there. No, seriously, like.
Speaker 6: They put their stuff in a pouch like and they tie it on there and then and then they push it.
Speaker 2: Around so there is like no space.
Speaker 6: Like so if you hear someone like, oh I got a rouser this happened, it's with a take down, it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, fifty people in the room.
Speaker 4: And yeah, people say that it's kind of awkward with everybody watching you, And I'm sure do you also coordinate that, Like I don't want as many people on set because that can be uncomfortable too.
Speaker 3: And that's called a close.
Speaker 2: I was gonna saying, I've always had a clothes set. TP.
Speaker 6: Shout out to TP, but he is very sincere about like Karen Man only and the necessary actors like that's it, right, So it's very it makes it makes it very comfortable, and then intimacy coordinaries.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like now as a model because I feel like models tend to be more comfortable with their bodies.
Speaker 6: And there for sure, but something between your legs and your body is very different. So like if we have the change as girls in here right now, like I would need to go into the room, I'd take my shirt off, another shirt on. Y'all got boobs, you know what I'm saying, Like we all know areola's. But if I'm supposed to have like a man in between my legs right now doing something, put his.
Speaker 4: Head right here a lot on the on all the queens, it was, I wasn't running for it. But what's good about you is that you always get to shut everybody down. Like I know you've had your your sex scenes, but they're not as like it's not like you're having sex with a bunch of people, because I feel like if it was a man running a strip.
Speaker 2: Club, he would be fucking everything.
Speaker 6: Well, let's talk about that, because if you flip this whole show upside down and may like the valley, we're the women are the objects and the men are more of the leadership position. It's a whole other show, which is what makes all the Queen's men so dope because I see Angela, I see you, I see you, I see you because we are bosses women in our own rights. So I get to play a role where I take from all of these boss women everything I know, the savvy, the cunniness, attacked, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And how you kill people, you know, women to do.
Speaker 4: You know, we had an idea to watching the show. We were like, now, have you been to a male reviews show in real life?
Speaker 2: Because these ladies have.
Speaker 1: So yes, yes, okay, I've hosted them before that to one one. How long ago is that?
Speaker 3: And it was in d C. No.
Speaker 4: So my idea was, and I was telling Giz while we were I said, for this new season, at some point, we should have the guys come and really do a male review show at medics, like a fun one with industry people. Yeah, and all women like inside the club trying to get in, like let's know you are you because.
Speaker 2: We'll get to know where's that who's splitting up the money.
Speaker 1: This is a good promotional thing though.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful because imagine, like how many women have never been to a male review show, just talking to them about it because I've been before, because I posted and it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Canny Birds Dungeon part Yeah, no one ever was that. No, it was as my Girl, it was, and Michael bau Wire was a part of it.
Speaker 1: Who's in our show?
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's what that's the stage heard about.
Speaker 6: She's like, okay, Tyler Perry, but no, bo, what I think is dope about him And the reason why I call him bow Wie because the first day we started working, Kim Phils was directing us and we were just rehearsing, and I pulled him to the side because I know how it is to be prejudged. I know how it is the people to have some kind of expectation of me or idea of me, and it really sucks because I'm just me and nine times out of ten, you've got a better version of me today than yesterday. And please don't let the man yesterday tell you my story. So when it comes to bow Wire, when I met him, I asked him, said, what do you want to be called? Like, how do you want me to address you? And he said, my name is Michael. Okay, I said, so, how would you what do you want to call you? Michael Bolois call me Michael. So at work, I'm so used to him being called Michael, You're like, who yeah, or I'll call him bow Wire And that's where bo I guess Bolow came from. But he's the consummate professional. He's an absolute dallface, and he is one that had no actings experience, but what he did have is the authenticity of the life of what really happens like.
Speaker 2: And he knows it.
Speaker 6: So there was no script to tell him how to poffy him, right, you know what I mean? And Tyler did a really good job at bringing in both season actors and then season dancers and making us learn what that marriage looked like to make a create a great show.
Speaker 4: Yeah now there you also work on Reasonable Doubt, Right, I love that show. And it's back, coming back for season but three.
Speaker 1: Now I hope you think, yeah, oh yes, yes, yes, a couple of days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just announced it's coming back. Wait is this season four?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: This is the one with more chestnuts?
Speaker 1: Is that the one person?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: But okay, so, and there's definitely some steamy scenes absolutely, okay, all right, perfect.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for that new season to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an amazing show to work on.
Speaker 4: When did they start having these intimacy coordinators on set? Like, because I feel like this wasn't something that was a thing prior to this a few years ago.
Speaker 5: It was so twenty seventeen was me too. Twenty eighteen people started to get together to try to figure out what this was going to be. I think by twenty nineteen is when people were implementing intimacy coordinators on sets.
Speaker 3: So that's like Pee Valley Season one.
Speaker 5: Was twenty nineteen and they had an intimacy coordinator and a lot of things were picking up at Tyler Perry Studios, a lot of films and TV picked up.
Speaker 3: On it in Atlanta, which was really good.
Speaker 4: And then it so forward with these sets they really are and thinks to Taller Perry, I feel like because he'd be going it.
Speaker 6: Well, Tip just looks out for his people in every single way, like in every way from food to transportation to the into no question, but a lot of people figure like I'll get the check, but so if they don't have my food, like it's okay if my trailer is not you know, right, it's like make sure every everything across the board. And even if the scene is written like as an intimacy coordinator, you know, written where it's supposed to be a little bit more provocative or like I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: For all love boob in there.
Speaker 6: If I'm not a love boom filling it this today, then that parts out right.
Speaker 2: The show goes on. Everyone's fine, like it's.
Speaker 4: Not a it's not a big He's not trying to convince you I was thinking of it.
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 4: Do you everybody here see Fame? Remember that play where she's sitting in front of the camera. That that is such a powerful scene where he's like telling her to take off her shirt and she's crying because she doesn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: You got to see the movie Fame.
Speaker 4: But that scene right there is Irene Karat and it's like really and she doesn't want to do it. Because sometimes people will tell you they get convinced to do things that they're not completely comfortable.
Speaker 3: Call me too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was the whole me too movement, like the idea of discomfort but still having to do it because you want your job and you want to do you want all the rest of your job. You just don't want to do that, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and then people would be like, well, you agree to it, why didn't you say something at the time, because I hear people say stuff like that, and I can think of so many times that we all did something and didn't say anything at the time, but we were not comfortable, and then it's like damn. You feel like it is an intimidating thing, and sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Feel a little powerless in that moment.
Speaker 3: And that's part of.
Speaker 5: Our job is to try to dismantle the hierarchy of things. And especially in Atlanta where there are so many projects that are indie films or smaller projects where they're inviting all these young black actors, they don't a lot of times you know what to ask for. They signed contracts, and the contracts have these really really broad nudity.
Speaker 3: Clauses and things like that, and then they get on set.
Speaker 5: They might be they've already flown in, they're put up and everything, and then they get all.
Speaker 1: Their scripts right and they're like, wait, I agree to do that. You're like, ooh, I don't know about So that happens.
Speaker 6: You get every single scene, even if it's not my scene. You know, every scene of intimacy that's gone and on, you know where it's scheduled in the day, Like my attorney had to sign off Max husband. My attorney signs off on every single I mean, even if it's just a kiss, if it's a pat on the butts, there's no way to mint any of this.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that how most projects are or is that just you know, we'll see.
Speaker 4: Do you think that Tyler Perry is way more intentional than the average, Well, I.
Speaker 6: Know Tyler is way more intentional than I mean, I worked around COVID and Tyler was in a bubble and we got tested three times a day and couldn't start work for two weeks quarantine just to ensure like his level of protection.
Speaker 2: All the way around. But I think it has I mean.
Speaker 6: He protects everything he does very well and protects the actors. That's why when you hear an actor talk about like working with Tea, it's like there is absolutely no comparison.
Speaker 4: I saw when I interviewed Debbie Morgan, I saw you left an She was talking about getting her salary and how he gave her more money after like.
Speaker 6: They I was at Disney World through my three kids one year maybe yash year a year before last, and he calls me and he's like, what do you make Here's a race and the and I already had a guaranteed raise in there. It was way more than the guarantee, just like off the strength, like you've been working, Like when I tell you Tyler's heart and his generosity, what he does versus what he has to do in comparison, because I did Young and the Restless, I was on Smallville, I done. Everybody hates Chris like I've ran the gamut of television shows. There is nothing, no comparison that compares to working that's amazing.
Speaker 2: There really is it.
Speaker 4: And that's why I saw people in the comments, like y'all be wanting to slam Tyler Perry on social media. I can't nobody tell me anything bad about Tyler Perry.
Speaker 6: You can't tell me anything at all because Tyler. If you work after Tyler.
Speaker 2: Is because you want to, not because you have to. That's real, that.
Speaker 6: Like real talk, like you keep working because you love the art. But as far as him taking care of you, you're good. Your ability to tolerate other sets, I'm like, why are we still here did.
Speaker 1: You get the role in the first place? As madam?
Speaker 2: I got a phone call. Tyler called me and said, I have a script.
Speaker 6: It's different, very different, very different, but I know you can hold it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send it to you. Read it, let me know what you think and what was your first reaction? Damn.
Speaker 6: My first reaction was like, Yo, this is a boss and the clothes be top ten. I have to shout out if you've seen your body on a fashion My next fting is.
Speaker 2: You can't wait because she is a beast.
Speaker 6: But Rihanda Verene has worked with TP for quite some time and as you see him elevate his production, he does it in every department. And Rihanda, Oh she kills it. She kills she knows black women's body, she knows women, she knows close you know, just period, that's all Randall.
Speaker 4: She's doing an amazing Everything looks so nice on you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, it's fire.
Speaker 2: I like both.
Speaker 1: But I like your style there, but I also like to.
Speaker 2: See like on my regular me.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could do both, get you that could do?
Speaker 2: That's a character.
Speaker 4: I play a character and it still looks amazing. I mean, yeah, it's aspirational.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there are a lot of women that are like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at who was just on the bill for nominee for president. I mean there are black women that are out here bossing up and are power suits every single day trying to change the world.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Those power suits were different, though, those different.
Speaker 2: She's demure, very.
Speaker 1: Very not with no shirt under her suit. I let them out, now, let them out. Now there.
Speaker 4: You also do therapy for families, for couples, right, individual therapy, you do all of it. I don't even know how you have time to do all of that, right, busy, busy. But how important do you think that couple's therapy is for people who say are getting married or who are married.
Speaker 5: I think it's really important, especially even new relationships. I tell people, don't wait until there's a problem to have a support system, even if it's like a once a month check in. Establishing someone that you can talk to that's outside of your marriage, that isn't your friend or your family member or something like that can really help sustain a marriage or any relationship.
Speaker 1: It's hard to find the right therapist too.
Speaker 4: I tried to get absolutely I had to get my boyfriend to do therapy. Yeah, he went, well, not when it was like on zoom one time and he was not feeling it.
Speaker 1: He was like, well tried it did Was it a man or woman? It was a woman, was it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: She started telling him her problems.
Speaker 6: She was right, that doesn't want But for couples therapy, I find having been married, having done therapy before getting married, doing personal therapy for myself a black woman works for me, right, because a black woman relates to me, she understands. So for personal therapy, but for couple's therapy, I literally just had this conversation with my best friend saying, is there a world where you use more than just one therapist?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, where you would use a man and a woman, not necessarily at the same time, just to create a sense of balance and equity when it comes to the male perspective or the female perspective. So it's like having a doctor or gynecologist, like, I don't mind if my PCP is a man, but my obg yn is the woman. It needs to be a woman. I don't care how much you've learned about feminine anatomy.
Speaker 2: You don't get it because you don't get it. Yea, and no, more than I can truly understand a man.
Speaker 6: I raised boys, I was raised with boys, I got daddy like all that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I like true interesting.
Speaker 3: I know that a.
Speaker 5: Lot of times people go into couple's therapy and they already have a therapist and then they're like, I want to they're discussing issues within the relationship, and then they're like, I want to bring my partner in to me. That is unethical. I don't think that that's I mean, I feel like there's a maybe us session, but at some point you need to make sure that it is a safe space for both people, and I think that that's when you outsource. Could that other original party be a part of that conversation. I think that would be pretty interesting. Outside of like maybe an initial session where you're telling, hey, this is what we've been talking about, this is why I'm you know, transferring care to this person. I think it would be really interesting to continue that and also with the consideration of both of those energies in the space.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean like three months with you and then maybe your practice. You have a male that works with you, you have made him privy of all of our issues where we started where our growth is all of that, and then now have him for the next three months. You see what I'm saying, and just go back and forth. And I just while I'm considering some more therapy, wondering if that is something that is just Walt Disney of me, like no one can see it yet, or is that something that's done or doable.
Speaker 5: I've never seen that done. I could see it in the way that they're both in the room at the same time, Okay, but I feel like the issue would be the disconnect. So you'd have you know, you said three months, you'd have three months of development and like we'll progress. Therapy is not linear, but you'd have all these things that come up, and there's an ethical boundary of like how much should I share? How do I share that information? Is that other therapists going and listening to all of those, you know, re recording these sessions. I don't know what that relationship would look like to make sure that the therapy felt cohesive.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, But I can see I'm ever seen I've seen like couples be like, hey, you know, they're a husband and wife and they're not therapists, but they do count we don't want them right. But that's the only time I've ever seen two people.
Speaker 2: In the room.
Speaker 4: How was it difficult to get your ex husband to do therapy with you when you guys were getting married and before that?
Speaker 6: Mental health therapy I think is a beautifully new idea for the black community. It's something that has not been normalized growing up and black men, especially so black it is it's so difficult, so I can say there was a struggle, but truth to be told, the first therapy we ever went to was his advice, which was marriage counseling, like before getting married.
Speaker 2: Like, let's sit down on my past. He's not gonna marry even you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: But I just think it's a traditional thing. And I love the black men that have sought therapy or the couples that do that are bold enough to tell their story because I think it's extremely encouraging. And you don't realize how important and necessary therapy is until you jump the hurdle of ego okay.
Speaker 2: And actually start doing it. Yes, when you do, who you're like to it is so good.
Speaker 1: Like how did you find the right therapist?
Speaker 6: It took a while and I actually heard her speak, and I heard her speak about the ideals of what relationships are and how we came up with these ideas, and she use an example of the Disney idea. She said, we are taught literally since children. I know, you know it that woman meets men or boy boy meets girl, they fall in love. There's some kind of struggle you have to fight through. Then you jump over that hurdle. Now we're at the top of the mountain and everything's happening ever after. So you grew up as an adult trying to figure out, like, how.
Speaker 2: Do I get that in my relationship?
Speaker 6: And then social media plays a part in your girlfriend, whose relationship looks amazing, plays a.
Speaker 2: Part of your comparison to your man.
Speaker 6: You like, well, I don't get no flowers, you know, and she got American, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So there's all of that that I think that comes into it. But when the way I saw her breakdown how we have been programmed to look at relationships showed me a lot of her brain. And I am a very independent thinker, so it just felt right for me. It took me about a year and change before I finally reached out.
Speaker 2: So do not be discouraged.
Speaker 6: If this conversation is merely a seed and someone else waters it later and then you sprout up in a year. But after finally I was just at my low and I was like, look girl, I need somebody to talk to that does not know me. And life is tap dancing all over my ass.
Speaker 2: I feel like the devil has me on his number one hit list.
Speaker 6: He wake up early for me, he go to sleep late looking for I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: And so does work help you? Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, seriously, because sometimes when things happen, some people are throwing themselves into work, and some people are like, can't work you know what? Some people are like, I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want leave the house. I don't feel like doing anything. But some people are like, okay, I don't even want to have to think about this. Let me it's just work, non sty and.
Speaker 1: Keep it moving.
Speaker 3: That's disassociative behavior. Talk about it, don't we don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: Or you know where you can make that separation and you throw yourself into your work and you live there, and those people take that work home with them and they live there too, and that depending on what role you're playing, Like we have Keith Ledger, you know who passed, Yes, you know in these different people who who can't ever undo those characters. Uh so I have seen that. I've also seen people use their work for shadow work.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean?
Speaker 5: It down like, say they're playing someone who is a victim of sexual violence and they are a victim of sexual violence.
Speaker 1: Oh so they're shadowing their real life.
Speaker 5: Yes, and they use it as an opportunity to heal because if it's scripted.
Speaker 6: You mean at your work as an actor? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, absolutely every day girl.
Speaker 3: Yes, and sometimes it could work.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it absolutely can work.
Speaker 3: It can be really scary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a question, And actually I think you could speak to this a lot too. I have a background in modeling, but I have a background in reality TV. And I felt like when we stopped filming, we should have had like a post production therapist. Yes, not even so much, because of like any traumatic thing that happened.
Speaker 2: It was almost even like a.
Speaker 7: Paranoia experienced where I'm like, oh, I'm in my I'm in the bathroom, Oh shit is my mic on? Or things like that, or they were in here is somebody listening? To me, are they looking at my text messages? And I know even for my show, I never dealt with this per se, but you know, people were intimate and that was their real life that was out there for everybody to say, summerhouse, Martha's vineyard. Yeah, so that was interesting to witness and to see how it's like, okay, see you when we have green screen and there was no.
Speaker 2: Bridge in there.
Speaker 7: And then you also do have the what are they going to show? And what are people going to say about me?
Speaker 2: Right? So that's called being a reality star. I can speak to both of these.
Speaker 1: But even as an actor, do you guys have posts?
Speaker 2: So started Real started in reality.
Speaker 6: I started one of the first reality shows before we even knew the genre was called. I mean, we had Survivor, and then I think the year after we had Real World, and the year after or during mine was American Idol. So we didn't even really it wasn't even a genre there, let alone as you know laws and structure that was covered.
Speaker 2: Union why it's still not Union.
Speaker 6: But what I have experienced working with NBC Universal and with working with Housewives, we don't start a show without knowing who the show's therapist is the show's therapy pist has a practice, so if you're not comfortable with that person, you can choose someone else. And at any point in filming if you're like, look, I need a moment, they are bound by ethical rules they can't say anything. But there has always been provided a therapist and so if for me the best option to cope in this situation is to tap out and walk out, that's what I do.
Speaker 4: So you had that in America's Next Top Model now on Top Modelport Time Model.
Speaker 6: But for Housewives, and I think you were talking about later on as life changed, the business change and TV change and we went from regular to streaming and all this up. That's one thing I've definitely had on Housewives. It was very doctor such and such and she she's there, that you have someone to call so that you don't feel that way, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? And there is now I just know that.
Speaker 6: For NBC Universal, there is a It's required in contract and even after the fact, if there's remnants and you just still feel away, you do not have to useual on insurance girl or your own money.
Speaker 2: You can call them. They are obligated to.
Speaker 1: So that did they not have that for Summer House.
Speaker 7: Our second season that they started like we always had to get a psych evail before we showed up anywhere, but we didn't actually have that knowledge until the third season.
Speaker 2: That fact.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like I've I've also done reality, but I did like a game show, and I did I'm not an actress, and I did an Escape of Survival for Survival, which was an Amazon Prime body show, and we did the psychoval ahead of time, and even still in that process, we knew that there was a person because we met that person. That person wasn't on the ground. We actually had someone who did have some psychological issues and they had to be escorted off the episode. And being able like being a therapist myself going to production and being like what support, Like did you didn't do enough communication with us to know what we could do in these situations and asking for it and advocating for it. And then I did the game show and the similar thing. We had one hundred people and one of those people ended up having a manic episode and there was no one And that's just because the price, like the it just is is not for every network is not taking that into consideration unfortunately. So that's actually one of the things that I after doing those experiences back to back this year, that is the thing that I am most past shit about. I'm actually back in school getting my pH d because it does you do have to get have a doctorate, uh in order to do that. And there are only like twenty psychiatrists who are qualified and who have done what they need to do in order to support these reality TV situations and in scripted TV. There are no regulations. You get usually like the universal thing is, regardless of your crew actor, whatever you get, like I think it's like four to six free sessions. But just like you said, nobody knows a lot of times.
Speaker 6: Well, look into your insurance because your insurance covers it all the way, especially if you're sag after.
Speaker 2: It covers all of that down to acupuncture and massages.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, but.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 6: And so the second part of that is watch what you ask for from God, from yourself, and watch the rooms you walk into because you can't walk into a fire and expect not to get burned.
Speaker 2: You can't walk.
Speaker 6: Into the unknown wanting a sense of knowing, you know what I'm saying. There's a lover of surrendering. So even as an actor I've studied my lines. I'm prepared. I appreciate yours prepared everyone. I just work here. But there's also a space where you never know what can happen also, and that's why you do have a union. But there's certain spaces where you how do you lay the blame?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: So if I've gotten my physical, I've gotten my psyche val, I went to work, everything's good, and then I break out crazy at work today, or have a manic moment or display a different representation than people are used to.
Speaker 2: What is everyone's supposed to do?
Speaker 3: I think there should be systems in place.
Speaker 2: What system is that?
Speaker 6: Because I'm in the middle of shooting the scene getting paid a whole lot of money with one hundred and fifty people that signed up for this very rigorous system.
Speaker 5: I think just having somebody who is, like you said on Your Real Housewives, you have something that a lot of other shows don't have, being introduced to that person ahead of time, so you know, if something happens, you can go to that person. And also the production who is not equipped to handle a situation like that, knowing that they have someone who they can direct any of those situations too. It's just unfortunate that that isn't the standard in the Norman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so for the ones that I did have, they were never in real time, so there was a zoom prior to psyche Val. You get the phone call, you talk to somebody, you have the number.
Speaker 2: Then you shoot your show.
Speaker 6: While shooting your show, you find that you need to talk to somebody.
Speaker 2: You have someone to call.
Speaker 6: They can fly to Marrakesh where you're shooting right now, you know what I mean, So you talk to them, but you really need it for me after the fact, and that paranoia in your bathroom later on, is the camera on my phone? Do I need to turn it off?
Speaker 2: Like that? It's kind of after that fact. Was in the moment, you're literally in the you never you don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 7: Well, I think for me, my experience is only a little bit different because we were it's more similar to your newer show, a newer reality show, because we were there filming the whole time. So for three weeks, we're not home. You know, there's no breaks, there's no anything three months, so you know.
Speaker 2: That part, and it's just.
Speaker 7: I had a mental breakdown on I think on every show I was on, just because I'm a very anxious person and I was going through a lot at the time, and I didn't know what.
Speaker 1: To expect, and I have a therapist.
Speaker 7: I had therapy when I was on the show, but because there was no like, Okay, you know, you have your idea of what reality TV is when you go and do it for the first time, and even the second time, even third time, people start switching up and you're not necessarily prepared for that.
Speaker 1: And production sometimes loves that, and then still it's that check for it.
Speaker 7: There is still a piece of yourself that you're like, yeah, okay, that was a lot, and you keep going and you do it again and it's fine, but.
Speaker 6: There is so why do we keep going if it was a lot and if it was so hoof? Because people asked me off and like will you go back to housewives? Like and you never hear me play down play housewives. But I also have had my moment where I've excited that that is not not for your face.
Speaker 2: And so it's very.
Speaker 6: Hard to see someone go back into a place where you know it's toxic and then expected not to be toxic.
Speaker 4: Because you also realized that you didn't have the control you thought you had. I remember you said that about each lay Love, that this whole time you thought you were in control of your life, and.
Speaker 1: Reality TV is something that you really do not have.
Speaker 4: You do have control over down to edit, like yeah, going to do you know where you're filming? Even where you're filming, like they could tell you come here, you don't even know what's about to happen.
Speaker 6: Who's going to walk in any of those things? So I think part of that, too is when you sign up for reality TV, you sign up for the unknown, and there is a level of strength that you have to have as a person, a sense of self that you have to have as a person, in ability to control your controllables and your ability to say that does not serve me. And so someone forty who started at nineteen, I can tell you that now I have had many pop offs.
Speaker 2: On eving God.
Speaker 6: It was my truth though, and I can't blame anyone else for my feelings. I can only take accountability, and I'm only to be charged with my attitude and my behavior.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I will say watching Eat Slay Love, you're very nice too.
Speaker 1: Nice know, honestly, like that breakfast scene with.
Speaker 6: Tea, because so you watched the show three times and you saw the young lady London, and when I see a black woman in a grocery store, I'm like, hey, girl like you.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 6: And so I just I have been misunderstood a lot. So I just felt like she was very misunderstood. I felt like I misunderstood her along with the rest of.
Speaker 8: Them, which is why I watched it so many times, because after the first time watching it, and then we were saying with got that at.
Speaker 7: First, and then when it kept coming back up, we were like, wait, we don't get anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and there were it was just it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was very difficult.
Speaker 6: However, the woman and me doesn't want to leave that unresolved. It goes back to who like Madam is and all the Queen's men like the desire to find some kind of a resolution. And so I didn't know how I was going to play out. I didn't know she was gonna leave it. I know she's gonna walk away. I mean, my little outfit, you know what I mean. But it's also what I signed up for, right you.
Speaker 8: I saw you and Tammy both triumph try to get to resolved, and she just literally walked away.
Speaker 4: Tammy did not have the patience for that, though, I will say Tammy was like, all right, I'm listening, and I can't fo her for that because some people do not have I say, I'm not mad at her because some people are gonna be that way and some people will be more patient. Everybody does not. And also I think she felt personally attacked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was personally because that was very.
Speaker 8: From the very beginning with the whole Oh my god, I feel so sorry for you.
Speaker 2: But I feel that she weaponized her her truth.
Speaker 6: And Tammy had enough audacity and and and and God to tell her truth, which is very difficult. A lot of people do not have the balls to tell their truth, you know what I mean. And she did, and I felt like she was a little what she was. She used that to weaponize her and to try to bait her and to try to get her.
Speaker 4: So there is a point where she said, she said, you have body dysmorphia.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm very clear of what size my waist is.
Speaker 4: I like, get it right, I understand that, but I was I didn't know if they edited out your reaction because I was like, even.
Speaker 6: No, I okay, I'm at a point in life where I do not put energy in things that don't serve me. So even if you say something that is so wrong and so disrespectful, unless you are my child and I need to correct you, unless we are in a space where we have to work together and there needs to be harmony created, it is very easy for me to create a non existent reality of.
Speaker 2: You, like I will expire you right across from me.
Speaker 1: It is very easy.
Speaker 2: I will bring you in this.
Speaker 6: I'm a scorpio, so I love you hard or you don't exist in my world. And so for London, I wanted to love on her. I wanted London to see that women can get together, that you can be extremely different than me, but there is so much more that makes us similar, then it'll ever make us different.
Speaker 8: And we're stronger in numbers. Let's stick together, right? Why do this when we can do this?
Speaker 2: And honestly, you don't even gotta want to do all of this? Why you want to fight? Like even if.
Speaker 1: You don't want it, it was very unnecessary. I was saying, where did that just come from?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: Like, okay, first of all, I thought you looked amazing. Like I told you, I loved the sweatsuits. I wear baggy clothes all the time.
Speaker 1: So that's the.
Speaker 6: Reason why I'm like Angela. I was trying to figure out what to wear. I was like, go, since is regularly her, so she's gonna wear her.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Wearing a bagga sweatsuit everywhere.
Speaker 6: You know, you can get on a tight dress and y come up if you want to, but that's your comfort.
Speaker 1: I don't think they look good right now.
Speaker 2: I think that a lot of people beg to differ.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so I was. I just personally was like, why would she? I personally, when I saw that thought that was like, damn you very claws out.
Speaker 6: But I went through body shaming on social media for the longest. If I gained five pounds, what's going on? I lose five pounds of what's going on? I stept on this scene at one hundred and thirteen pounds at nineteen. I'm sitting here at a nice one twenty. It ain't been much for three kids in between.
Speaker 2: I should get a pet or not, you know what I mean. I don't need I don't need I don't need this.
Speaker 6: I don't need the pat I just want to be left alone to live my little life. And so when she said a body dysmorphia, I was like, okay, since got.
Speaker 2: Me completely messed up.
Speaker 6: But it's giving projection. She was took word mind because she said she had. She said she had later on it came out, but had I popped then and the younger me, right, if I would have popped then they've been like, you know, we would have never got to the root of it.
Speaker 2: And I think it's one thing to be doing to do the show.
Speaker 6: It's an everything to look back at the show, to watch yourself, to be honest with yourself with what you watched, because some of it you like, some of it you don't.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, represented yourself very well. I thought that show was nicely put together.
Speaker 2: Shout out to that doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love this show. And for them, they go on this girls ship.
Speaker 4: Together, but maybe they're not all like best friends. It's not like a best friend's girls ship. It's you know, you know, you knew Niviya and you knew Tammy Sammy and you just went London that trip, but it's best friends. But it is like you guys had all gone through a divorce, a public divorce, which is not an easy thing to do. So it's like going on this trip to kind of like go to someplace we never would think to go to, but.
Speaker 2: We all went through.
Speaker 6: We've all been married, we've all been divorced, we all have children, we've all been in the light for at least fifteen years, and we all have public divorces, and we're all in our late early thirties forties, and so it was an opportunity for us to get away from the world to The show was called something Else. I said, I want to Eat Pray Love journey. That is why I'm here.
Speaker 2: When we were to Eat Pray Love, it was another show. It was another nay. When I went that interview, I think it's called Eat Slay Love. They made me so excited because it was.
Speaker 6: The truth of the show. It was very honest. It was so honest. It was where we were. There were no thrillers, there were no deals. And I think that London watched American reality TV or.
Speaker 2: See it just thought that she was supposed.
Speaker 6: To be away versus showing up and as her authentic self right. And I think a lot of people could learn from that the idea of the imposter syndrome, Like, you know what I mean, I'm not like them, so let me try to figure out how to be like them versus just you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I think that a lot of people haven't gotten to that place in life. Obviously she was trying to find that place. And I wish you would have stayed.
Speaker 2: I wish you would have stayed too, because to be.
Speaker 6: Thirty five years old with no kids, no man, with no man, with nobody to go home to cook for you, any flight at any time, and what'd you do was run comedy for a living baby. I wanted to know so much about her life, like I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to know.
Speaker 2: I wanted to know where about her too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's a comedian and I can know anything about.
Speaker 8: Her before she moved to the United States, during her dream during COVID, and yeah, we just didn't get enough from London, London.
Speaker 6: She's a black woman from London. So I was ignorant enough to think name like London.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was ignorant.
Speaker 6: Enough to think that, Like, you know what, we all we get it, you all black women, we all got our issues.
Speaker 2: Let's go here she was on each other, and she was like, no, I'm not the same black.
Speaker 8: But was crazy from the very beginning, right in the very beginning, and when she was kind of like explaining who she was and what her mission was, she literally was like, and.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to meet new friends. No, you're not. Your actions are saying otherwise, ma'am.
Speaker 6: But I went by her words first ill I had and then at the end when she when she said that she was leaving and she's like, I love.
Speaker 2: You all girls.
Speaker 1: Stop lying.
Speaker 2: You don't even like us, That's okay.
Speaker 6: I think that we all, as you know, as this is what you do for eleven, we all have spaces that we can grow in. And I think that it takes time, and you are blessed when you and your younger or earlier years learn how to start living instead of letting life live you. And I think that Tammy and Nibby and I were in a place where we're not on this hamster wheel. It's not a rat race. I do what I do because I love it. I say no more than I say yes. Two things. You know what I'm saying, And so the power of no, I gives you a big money yes but that that difference and I think, you know, not just being able to go and be free.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think that that's where she is in her growth and having not always been there and having a whole lot more growing to do until the Good Lord brings me home. I was able to recognize that in her and to just really, I don't have.
Speaker 2: Any sisters, so I was like, I'm a little sister.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like a lot of comedians.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the comedy comes from a space of pain, absolutely, you know, and comedy is like their way of working through that.
Speaker 1: That's that I'm comedians who.
Speaker 6: I know Kevin Hart laugh at my pain like He's like, instead of walking around bitter and I'm said, at all the things that I didn't have and what didn't happen, and who said what, let's laugh at it and move on.
Speaker 2: Look at me now I'm getting paper.
Speaker 6: Jay Z said, you never seen the ugly billionaire?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Say what you want?
Speaker 2: So would you go back to Vietnam? I mean, because guess it seems so beautiful made me want to go there. That was your first time.
Speaker 4: I never thought about all of you guys, so good girls.
Speaker 2: Born to glory, because y'all born to glory down and.
Speaker 6: I couldn't and I was trying to tell I was like, baby, these are the greens to the ten thousand power. It's like that summer mixed greens with a turn up and the mustards and a college baby with Garland Morning, where every everywhere we went it is so good. Now we'll run through you like a freight track.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, personally, but on the show's comfort with.
Speaker 2: Her bows are absolutely she.
Speaker 8: Was like, listen, y'all, I got the I gotta go, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: I was in the gym today, but made a lot of want to go to Vietnam because that was a very like who would have thought, well, and it's safe space for black women.
Speaker 1: That's always what I think when I'm on vacation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's such a space, and not just black women, but like to see the way the women bost the city.
Speaker 2: I think Manna might.
Speaker 1: Be from Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Run her way to.
Speaker 6: To Atlanta because the women run everything. They run the household, they got.
Speaker 2: The family.
Speaker 1: Putting up the food.
Speaker 6: The woman like in college, like I own my own.
Speaker 2: The bikes, he's my mechanic.
Speaker 6: Like they run everything the rice fields. You go through the rice fields, you think somebody lay downside.
Speaker 2: No they didn't.
Speaker 6: They took a blade of rice and put it in the mud. This acres and acres of rice field are nothing but women down there with mud to their boots doing it by there. Twice a year it's harvest season. That's the rice for the entire year.
Speaker 1: My goodness.
Speaker 4: See you look the education of it, like when you would never have even known.
Speaker 6: Women there where they didn't King Kong, and they filmed it. They we went through the the off the water, through the forests and through the coves and caves. Two thousand boats. Who's still who owned the boat company?
Speaker 2: All women? I love that when I tell you Vietnam one's it gave me.
Speaker 6: I came back home like you can't tell me.
Speaker 1: How do you think that trip did help you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Because I know when you went on it initially you were going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, broken hearted. I went on that trip. I was newly div and I married the love of my life. So it's not like med a good guy, Now.
Speaker 2: Let's get married.
Speaker 6: Like I met the only person that makes my heart do what it does.
Speaker 2: And so to figure out life after it was like I'm sorry. I you want me to see what Blinder's on? Who does that? How? And I just I did not understand up. I couldn't see up.
Speaker 6: And thank God for a friend, my best friend Robert and a good friend that snatched me off the bed and was like, you're going to get up.
Speaker 2: You have to get up.
Speaker 6: And then Will Packer's Company called and say, you know, we have this idea, but we want it to be about your personal journey, like we don't want drama, we want your life and what you're going through. And I was like, I don't know if I'm ready to talk about that. And God was like, since you need to talk about that, Like that's exactly what I'm going to need you to do. And it helped, and it was so cathartic. It was so helpful to have, like you say, the therapist, the people you don't know, like you know that they really don't know.
Speaker 2: So to be able to lean on someone and.
Speaker 6: Just cry without saying remember this and don't forget he did that, or don't forget when you felt like this, you know, just to love on you.
Speaker 2: It helped me so much.
Speaker 6: It helped me understand where my heart truly was I was off of social media. I got back on didn't realized I had a disease I didn't even have because the world was just talking about me, Oh my gosh, like it was crazy. But it also helped me decide like people try to figure out, like work life balance, and help me decide what of this and entertainment is real and what am I really going to deal with and what's not real? I don't entertain And what's real is how I get paid as an entertainer. And that's it, you know what I'm saying. I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I'll walk in every room with kindness, with love. I hope that when I leave a room it's brighter than it was when I came in there, even if it's dark today, Like that is that's all I got. I still believe in love. You know, people ask will you get married again? I hope I'm married the same man again. Let alone get married again. Like I don't think that love is lost. It hasn't bittered me, and I think the trust of the trip did The trip helped me actualize like girl, life is short, you live in it and do not let it live you and live it to its fullest with no regrets.
Speaker 8: I feel like the three of you all had like an awakening of some sort at the end, and I felt like it made you guys closer as as sisters.
Speaker 2: Now we're from friends to sister.
Speaker 1: Hang out now on the corner of my house.
Speaker 8: To imagine tattoos, but it got tattooed together, which you know, that's a well for some people, it's a permanent.
Speaker 2: It's a thing.
Speaker 6: When it bombeded us and we got tattoos that represented whatever metamorphosis we were going forward in life. And so for me, it was coming out of the shell and just being free. And my whole thing has been surrendering.
Speaker 2: I have let go. I have like God what he decides if my flight is delayed, I guess I wasn't supposed to go there, You.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: That is anxiety that you were talking about, because I used to say I suffered from anxiety.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: You have a natural propensity to be more anxious, but you don't suffer from saying anxiety. And so when you give your give anxiety that kind of a you know that certain things anxious, right, so you mitigate that.
Speaker 2: You find the tools.
Speaker 6: From Zuri, it's gonna say Zeri Eva.
Speaker 1: I have to go back to what you said, though you hope you married the same man again.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I was on a show and they asked, and I pivoted because I'm promoting my television shows.
Speaker 2: I'm not really here to talk about my love life.
Speaker 6: But so I pivoted and they asked, you know, will you there are very chance?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, okay, that wasn't right that question, why did show you watch my show? And went on. But if I really asked myself the question, there's definitely not a no. Like I would.
Speaker 6: I never wanted to get divorced, like I never wanted to not be with my husband. You know what I'm saying, you saw on the show. I cannot call to me and my husband my.
Speaker 2: Exit, you know what I mean. There's no world.
Speaker 6: I mean, my ring is in my jury box here in New York. It's gonna always be Wow. Okay, so we'll stay tuned.
Speaker 8: For you.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what we pray for, whatever it is best for you and whatever it is meant to be. Yes, I want to ask you for all the Queen's men, Madam, what are some of those things that you take with you from that show, Like what has Madame taught you to utilize in your real life?
Speaker 2: Madam has taught me so much.
Speaker 6: Loyalty is everything, and Madam reminds me a lot of me myself, where she doesn't have a lot of people and a lot of people, she can't trust a lot of people. I've met her under the reputation of Madam.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. No one really knows.
Speaker 6: Marilyn except for my Blue Blue grew up with me like I've known her. She taught me how to shoot, you know what I mean, Like that's my sister. But everyone else it's difficult because.
Speaker 2: They need you the exactly.
Speaker 6: So it's the feeling of are you in my world because you rock with me? And if I didn't have this, I give you this. If I didn't provide this, would you still be here?
Speaker 4: But you also have a clear line between what's work and what's like, you know, because I also feel like there's times when you snap it back, like let people know you work for me, get out.
Speaker 1: There, do what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: All that, and so it is a transactional Do you think you could be friends with people who work for you. I want to ask Dary this question, because sometimes those lines get very really blurry and fuzzy.
Speaker 3: I think it's I put it on my actors.
Speaker 5: It's up to them because a lot of times we're in such vulnerable situations that they I mean, I walk onto sets all the time, and I can see them see me, and I see their demeanor change because they don't want to necessarily do the intimacy. Intimacy is a high ask for a lot of actors, I find, and if I'm the only association with me is that, you know, if I'm coming in for a movie and I'm working one day or two days or what have you. I try to keep those lines very professional, but I'm also open. You know, I'm a human and I like to make connections. I like to really because I feel like I know these actors so intimately sometimes, and I think that that's also kind of vulnerable for them, because like I know them for five minutes and all of a sudden, you never know the layers that you have been disclosed to.
Speaker 2: Me literally, and that can be very vulnerable for people.
Speaker 3: So I try to let them kind of navigate that.
Speaker 8: I have a question for you a personal question, well, due to my personal situation. So in the upcoming Magic City documentary that is now five episodes, in I three, I.
Speaker 2: Narrated, I narrated, I got a little producer credit.
Speaker 1: So what's it called.
Speaker 2: It's it's Magic City's documentary. I used to work there.
Speaker 6: Oh, I did my bachelor rap party. I bought Magic out. I love Magic City.
Speaker 2: I got my little jacket on.
Speaker 8: But so in the upcoming documentary, my breasts are exposed documentaries, yes, docries. My sis are out in the first episode. And when it wasn't like it's a documentary, so of course there wasn't a script. And when they bought the idea to me, they were like, do you think that maybe possibly?
Speaker 2: You know, how would you feel if And I'm like, what y'all want my titties?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 8: And I was very like, no big deal for me right in the moment. Now, in hindsight, I do have a little bit of worry of even though I think my tits are fabulous, I do have a little bit of worry of the not really backlash, but like what's to come?
Speaker 2: When did you sign?
Speaker 6: You didn't you didn't nuy way, no, no, I don't want to take it back.
Speaker 2: No, but you could though you still a place they can blur it.
Speaker 8: No, no, in hindsight, because I know you prepare for what's happening in real life. But in hindsight, I do have and I was an anxiety entertainer for a lot of years.
Speaker 2: You know, same thing with you.
Speaker 8: I would not have a problem stripping down and change it, not just my tests but everything right now if I have to, even with people in the other room, I'm so used to being naked in front of strangers. But this is now the world, this is now on TV, this is now document if.
Speaker 1: That part.
Speaker 2: So my question is I.
Speaker 8: Don't have any fear of like any say anything bad, because again I think my tips are fabulous. But my my one I want to say issue is I'm single.
Speaker 2: So do you think that how how do I navigate this in upcoming relationships?
Speaker 6: Talk to me on that one, okay, because I've been doing this my whole because that's kind of the one thing I'm worried about, Like, yeah, I'm not a dancers the dancer, and okay, if he.
Speaker 2: Can't handle it, he's not the one.
Speaker 8: And that's how I felt, and that was actually being a dancer, So I should have that same What do you think that I should have that same sentiment?
Speaker 3: I mean I think so.
Speaker 5: I think that that's your own like, that's your body autonomy. But I also feel like having proactive conversations about things and it's not are you okay with this? It's this is me, this is what I've done. I want you to be aware of it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I work with a lot of like BMF is always inviting names and things, people who are not actors, but people who have you know, large social media presences and you know, comedian.
Speaker 3: Music artists and all.
Speaker 5: So when I'm navigating intimacy with them, I go about it in a little bit of a different way.
Speaker 3: Because they know.
Speaker 5: That as soon as this releases, you know, they might and they might only be there for a sex scene, which is unfortunate, like to be that character. So just working proactively with them and talking about in the event that you do this in this way, it lives forever.
Speaker 3: What are you comfortable?
Speaker 5: So not only what are you comfortable with and doing with your body in this particular situation, but what are you comfortable with the world taking with you?
Speaker 8: Because that's something that I didn't think of and what made me think about it, not just sitting here, but the reaction that a guy that I don't even date anymore, but we had like a thing happening, and I didn't He went to the We did a south By Southwest premiere, and he went with me to the premiere, and I purposely didn't tell him that my tids were in the episode, because I knew he was gonna be mad. So I'm like, if you're going to be mad, then just be mad.
Speaker 2: Capital pause in there.
Speaker 3: Don't yet because I.
Speaker 2: Didn't tell him.
Speaker 8: You know that I didn't tell him, and somebody else told him before he got a chance to see it.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Control your own narrative the best you can.
Speaker 8: I thought I was by not telling him because the element of the surprise.
Speaker 2: Because I don't think it's such a bad thing, Like I'm not text.
Speaker 6: That's what you tell him. You let him know, like she said, like it's very mean. Yeah, I was comfortable with it. And only this comfort I honestly have right now is if you're uncomfortable, it's already done.
Speaker 2: I'm yours. You know what it is.
Speaker 6: And if he can't find his comfort and the person that you are and are comfortable with being and that does not hurt you, then he's not your guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like then if a guy also is not comfortable with that and that's not what he wants, right, that doesn't make him a bad person, absolutely not. It just means this is not not for him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't like my man and great sweatpon. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make me a bad person. It just makes me a reference. I would prefer you not to walk outside.
Speaker 2: Would great job?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What you mean, it's a challenging Somebody else told him.
Speaker 8: It's like literally right before we sat down at our seats and he didn't sit with me.
Speaker 1: Why would somebody tell him right then?
Speaker 6: I don't know, but somebody in your orbit, small in your circle.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Because if he sees this, when he sees this, I hope he.
Speaker 6: Sees this very soon so he can understand what Gigi does, what I do, what you do. It's not as vogue. It's not what you think it is. We are actors, we are professionals. We have signed up for a job and literally I just work.
Speaker 4: Here right, And in the UK they be naked on TV all the time.
Speaker 1: London will tell.
Speaker 4: You that you're a girl in London because that is true, Like I will say that. I feel like in America we have a different view on nudity. On nudity for sure, and.
Speaker 6: The rhymes when when she had that little intimate scene and Bridger chi and everyone was like, oh my god, but dress, and.
Speaker 2: That was it. I don't want to hear what you have to say to Oh.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say because you said I'm very comfortable with it and all that you and still it's being brought to this space. So it may not be that you're uncomfortable with the act and like having your breast out there, but there is a level of discomfort around something otherwise I don't think it would come up in this.
Speaker 8: Discomfort is I just don't feel like having to have the conversation of somebody else being mad at something that I'm not mad at.
Speaker 1: You don't want to explain it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have to explain it.
Speaker 7: I've never I've never told anybody first that I oppose nude. Yeah, I've never did conversation and I'm ever actually thought to have that until just now. I feel like the only time it's ever come up is if they're a fan low key or they googled you. I found out on some sneaky and then they really be telling anybody's like, you know, I'm dating the plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've gotten, but I've never gotten the like shame.
Speaker 2: I mean, my whole entime.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about insire from beginning to end and entertain her career. I was always in relationships, and I was dealing with guys who either liked it or didn't it.
Speaker 2: They didn't you deal with them. I always had.
Speaker 8: I've always been in a relationship, and I was in a relationship with said person when I was an answer.
Speaker 2: So for him to get so upset, it's just like, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: You knew he was gonna I guess like.
Speaker 6: That's what I He was gonna get upset because I'm retired now and you know he wants me to leave that life. There was an agreement that you had with said man that you are no longer doing what you did, but you did do it, and it's fine doing it. You knew he was gonna be mad at it, and now he's mad at it, and you don't understand why he's mad.
Speaker 1: That was a good breakdown exactly.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, exactly. Now he's no longer he's no longer back there. But I'm just because he reacted that way and just kind of sitting here at this post.
Speaker 4: In my mind like damn, not saying anything, because if you would have been, like, by the way before we go to this, my titties out, he might, you know, but it made it a bigger deal when he heard about it right before, when he's there with you, you purposely didn't tell him because you knew he was gonna was so moving on from him, is it something My question is this it's something that you think I should worry about having to deal with moving forward with a potential Yeah.
Speaker 5: It goes back to what Eva said, if you know and in starting that relationship that this is something that is going.
Speaker 3: To be a point of contention.
Speaker 2: That he's not my guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like in Eden, right, people were not allowed to take videos under and so Magic City people.
Speaker 2: Weren't allowed to do that.
Speaker 4: It's different because now this is going to be something that's on start.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter because you're trying to qualify everything that you know you are totally fine with, So you're qualified for.
Speaker 2: The man he named man no more.
Speaker 3: No, he never was.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 8: Well he was at one point, but he wasn't during this whole Okay, you're.
Speaker 2: You're qualifying it for yourself.
Speaker 6: You're trying to validate it for yourself, and that doesn't need to happen if you're what you're okay with is okay, and it's okay to not be okay.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow with what you were okay with you doing today.
Speaker 6: Like so if you you know what's Cy's like, you can change.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy. The Geminium me.
Speaker 8: I'm so psyched that I'm actually looking forward to it. So he's definitely not your guy. No, I said, absolutely not your guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said that.
Speaker 1: See, if you feel like you got to hide some things, that ain't it anytime?
Speaker 2: You know what it was.
Speaker 8: I just didn't want to make it an argument prior to and when I did it, we are not together.
Speaker 6: We were not postponing the argument that you knew was inevitable, So you decided you wanted to have it on the night of your premiere.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't think somebody was going to sell.
Speaker 8: My vision was that he would see it and with it was going to be the reaction, Like he wasn't going to react because we were going to see it with everybody in the theater.
Speaker 1: So unrealistic.
Speaker 8: I didn't have a moment for that to happen because somebody right before we walked into sat down. I was like, yeah, you know this is in and he got mad.
Speaker 2: Your non friend is a hater. My hands away.
Speaker 8: I can't wait for the cameras go so I can tell you who said it. You'll know this person.
Speaker 4: Well listen, I hate that we have to end this, but I am excited for the new season of All the Queens.
Speaker 6: Many well ask two episodes, two episodes one and I'm home Thanksgiving. I'm home to say siven night, stuup your face, see your family, kiss your loved one.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: And then sit with your good judies or whoever you watch you with. We are dropping two episodes, thank and then after that every Thursday you get a brand new episode of all these.
Speaker 2: You have a lot to watch and you have appointment.
Speaker 6: You have something to do at appointment on Thursday, man want to watch football or your non man, maybe new potential man.
Speaker 2: I don't one either. We can go hang out, okay, and then there's thirties out.
Speaker 1: On the show just my eyes, so I had a body double. I was like, you think even really did that was? And what looking good?
Speaker 2: Listen, that's all mine?
Speaker 4: So you should tell the guy, look even did it?
Speaker 2: No problem? And more over, you should tell you.
Speaker 8: That was my like my response, my rebuttal was like when the actress is titties out on TV, nobody cares.
Speaker 2: Why do you care?
Speaker 8: And he's like, you just want to be a health faver and I'm like, all right, oh, we are definitely going to.
Speaker 1: Forget.
Speaker 3: Sorry that.
Speaker 4: I'll busting them in his But just as it recap, you know, when y'all start watching this new season, we get to see what's going to happen with your father on the show.
Speaker 6: Yes, this season it's all about vengeance.
Speaker 2: Madam believes in God.
Speaker 6: But vengeance's mind said, the Lord is for Madam. She is the lord in this situation. And when it comes to my dad and him being kidnapped, I might not care about a lot and these boys dancing, this is what you signed up for, but when it comes to my daddy, and that blood games. I play nowhere near games even on Christmas when it comes to Cadillacs. So this season of All the Queen's Men, you see Madam in a space you've never seen her before because she does not have the control.
Speaker 2: She choose to have it.
Speaker 6: Imagine going home and you click your lights on it, they don't come on. Turn the water on, and the water's not on. You're like, oh no, with the bill not like what's going on? Like the control that Madam is used to having no longer she doesn't have. And the one thing that drives her is her daddy.
Speaker 4: So new season, it's food episodes. We inside est plus is going down.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't wait to get to know you all.
Speaker 4: I think Zarry prior grades that people know where they can find you.
Speaker 5: Yes, more about what you do intimacy with z everywhere, And yeah, more about what I do in terms of intimacy coordinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying they can find you and everything about what you do intimacy with.
Speaker 5: Yes, they can find me any of my therapy stuff, any of my intimacy coordinating. I'm also I'm writing a book about intimacy coordinating and developing my own modesty stuff, so we have more things.
Speaker 6: Good good because that everything fits. Everything said, I can't put everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah right right, we're gonna fix it. The color.
Speaker 1: Please receive the Squirez Pockets m