Speaker 1: LinkedIn News.
Speaker 2: Not even like five minutes into this conversation with him, I start just pulling my eyes out, like full meant to be, Like I was not okay. I was really just overwhelmed and it all had come to a breaking point. And I realized through the tears that I was just overworked. I was saying yes to everything. I really wanted to prove myself and I had too much on my plate that I was gonna let things slip. And it happened. From LinkedIn News and iHeart podcasts. This is Let's Talk Offline, a show about what it takes to thrive in the early years of your career without sacrificing your values, sanity or sleep. I'm Gianna Prudenti.
Speaker 1: And I'm Jamaie Jackson Gadston. You guys know a word people do not like to hear, but it is extremely important. No. It's really hard for a lot of us to say no, because whether you are just starting out in your or you've been in your job for a while but you're trying to get promoted, we all have struggled with saying no. Trust me, I have certainly been there. You really want to make a great impression and most importantly, you want people to know that they can rely on you. But honestly, saying yes to everything can be super detrimental and at what cost.
Speaker 2: Boundaries are something all of us have, whether that's the number of tasks we're willing to take on at work or the conversations we're willing to participate in. You know, got to protect that social battery. But where a lot of us trip up is actually enforcing those boundaries. It's not easy putting your foot down, especially to the boss, but we're going to show you that there's so much power in saying no.
Speaker 1: So today, you guys, gian and I are going to talk about workplace boundaries, what stops us from making them, and how to communicate them with your coworkers. Gianna, boundaries are super important because they just have so many benefits. First of all, they help with our overall wellbeing. They helped protect our mental health, maybe even our physical, emotional, spiritual health, all the healths is. It also increases our productivity and contributes to our own personal growth. So I'm super excited to talk about this because I have a lot to say. But Jianna, let's start with you. Have you struggled to set boundaries for yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much time do we have? One of my earliest memories of corporate America, this beautiful world where we work, was a mistake that I made, my first ever mistake, which still gives me anxiety to think about. And that was a result of not enforcing any boundaries. So basically what happened was when I started my job at LinkedIn, I desperately wanted to prove myself and I wanted to build a reputation as somebody who could do multiple things, like I could wear multiple hats, and I thought that's how you would be rewarded, right as somebody who can do a bunch of things. So I thought the more I took on, the more I would be seen as a high performer, and really got caught up in the quantity of my work rather than the quality. And also at the time, I was on a contract trying to go full time, so I really was like, I will do anything to get that offer and make that transition. So naturally I said yes to every single task that came my way, and of course the quality of my work suffered, so that all came to a head when this one day I made a decision, a very rash decision, and it was a little bit of a cutting corner to be totally transparent. I was like, I have so much on my plate, so like I'm just going to do this really quickly and move on. And I thought, you know, this decision was going to be fine. Yeah it was not. It was not.
Speaker 1: It was not fine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all of a sudden, like slacks were going off, like I had made this big mistake. All these like higher ups were getting involved. My manager wasn't even online at the time, like it was like too earlier today, like it was the start of the day. So I was hyperventilating, started immediately freaking out and quickly tried to resolve, you know, the issue at hand. But I realized like, okay, I had made this really rash decision and this was a kind of mistake where like they have a post mortem about it.
Speaker 1: You really.
Speaker 2: Really bad.
Speaker 1: Can just imagine like Gianna's face on a poster guy and a meeting in a boardroom in and I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even in the most mortal like I was really scared. But anyway, a post mortem is like when something goes wrong, you have a meeting to discuss what happened and how you can you know, do better next time that I didn't even know those existed. All of a sudden I saw that get thrown on the calendar for other people. I was like, oh shoot, what did I do? So I literally called my mom. I was like, I'm getting fired. This is the end. But anyway, so that happened, and then I had a conversation with my manager. I messaged him and I was like, here's what just happened. Here's how I helped resolve it, but obviously we need to talk. So not even like five minutes into this conversation with him, I start just pulling my eyes out, like full meant to be, Like I was not okay. I was really just overwhelmed and it all had come to a breaking point. And in that conversation with him, I realized through the tears that I was just overworked. I was saying yes to everything. I really wanted to prove myself and I had too much on my plate that I was gonna let things slip. And it happened, right, So, yeah, that was my first lesson in the importance of having boundaries. But let me just say it has not gotten easier saying no. It's something that I think most people struggle with, especially when you're early in your career. But that was my first time realizing like, Okay, I not only have the power to say no, but I need to write I can't be saying yes to everything.
Speaker 1: HM question, though, why do you think it has not gotten easier?
Speaker 2: I feel like when you're starting out, there's still that pressure to prove yourself, especially in certain workplaces, like I'm very fortunate that nobody's like, oh, Gianna's like the young person and she doesn't know how it is, and she's, you know, she has to work her way up and build her reputation. Everyone's very open to ideas here, which I think is really refreshing. But I think in general, we feel like, Okay, we're coming in. We don't have experience, right, we need to show that we're able to do the job, so that means like not turning things down. It almost feels like you don't have permission to say no. And I think once you start doing it, you feel more comfortable with it. But in the beginning it feels like it's not even possible, and then yes, you start doing it and you get more comfortable but it's still nerve wracking being like, hey, I'm not able to take this on because you think like they're gonna be like, oh, she can't handle it, right, Like, oh, Gianna, she's so stressed, she's so overwork, she can't handle it. Where really, you're just protecting your mental health.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, everything you said makes a lot of sense. And I think that when I think about my life, a lot of the things that you said are reflected in that. First of all, the idea that you can't even say no. So when I was thinking about setting boundaries for myself, I often go back to the first memory of what my life in corporate America was gonna look like, and that was me being a young child and my mother telling me, you are black, you are a woman, and you might be curvy when you grow up. Okay. I was a little skinny girl when I was younger because I was playing athletics. But baby, I got hips now, Okay. She was like, you are going to show up in the world and just by the natural order of who you are, you will have to work two, three, four times harder than other counterparts of yours. And that stuck with me because I think from that moment on every time I got into a work situation, whether it was creative, whether it was me touring with the dance companies, or coming to college, or even the jobs I took after school, I always knew Jamay does not get the privilege of doing the bare minimum. And it's a sad reality that unfortunately, a lot of professionals of color in particular or marginalized communities have to face. But I went into every situation knowing, you work as hard as you have to because you have to prove to people that you deserve to be here, because unfortunately, there are just gonna be people who look at you and don't believe that you belong here. I mean, heck, I've been doing this now for however many years, and I still get certain side eyes when people find out that I work in tech, because what a girl with blonde hair and big lashes and long nails can't be here, you know what I mean? There is still a stigma around people who look like me, So it kind of becomes a thing where I have to show up not just because of me, but because the next little black girl who you want to hire as your intern, You're gonna be like oh, if I had a bad experience with Ja May, I don't want to do it. It's sad that we have to have these conversations, but it's true. And the reason why I'm laying all of this out there is because I know that there is someone listening who is like, yeah, I have to sometimes feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, even though that is not fair. The reason why that's important for us to discuss is because I had no work boundaries. As a result, I can't say no to the boss because if I say no, like you said, she or here is gonna think, oh, she can't do it, or see this is why we shouldn't have hired her, or see this is why we can't promote her. You saying no feels so scary because you think what is on the other side of that no. And throughout my career I always worked multiple jobs where I just did not have a work life boundary. There was no such things as a work life balance. Like balance was not in my curriculum of knowledge throughout my twenties, and so it wasn't until I got older, and I would say older, like into like my late twenties, where all of the long nights in the early mornings had started to take a toll on me physically. I got really, really sick my senior year in college. That put me on a lot of medications that, honestly, even ten plus years later, where you are still solving for with doctors. And I say that because stress will do so much to your body. And I often think had I established stronger work boundaries earlier in my career, how much would I have saved myself the heartache of the stress later. So this is why this conversation is really important to me, because now is the time for you to set the boundary and to hold yourself to it, but more importantly, hold others to it. Because one thing I have learned is that people will test that boundary. They will dip their toe in that pool to see if it is a kiddie pool or if it is a deep tank for a shark. And the thing is the only person who can purn c meate that boundary is you. So if other people are violating that boundary, it's because you're not enforcing it enough.
Speaker 2: So we know boundaries at work are important, But what kind of boundaries can we set and how do we go about doing that.
Speaker 1: That's next.
Speaker 2: After the break, we're back and talking even more about boundaries, which can be so hard to set, especially when you're just starting out, whether you're a new grad or you're changing jobs. Early on, you feel this need just to prove yourself to everyone, so you take on more and more responsibilities and sometimes it just comes to a head, like it did in my situation. But setting boundaries at work, it's not even important. It is absolutely crucial, it.
Speaker 1: Is super crucial. It is the most crucialists of the crucialsts. So I want us to bring in our listener question for the week. This is Dear Work Bestie, where we answer the questions that you all send us. This week's question comes from Carly in New Jersey, who asks.
Speaker 3: So, I've been at my new job a little over a year, and when I left my old job, I made a goal for myself that when I started this new position, I was going to start setting more boundaries for myself to create a better work life balance. But I'm still struggling with saying no when I don't have the bandwidth and I don't have the capacity to take on any more deliverables. How do you decide when something is worth saying no to, and how do you professionally communicate that.
Speaker 2: I love that Carly started this new job with the goal of setting better boundaries, because I think the first step is recognizing that's something you need to address. And she mentions deliverables, which I just want to clarify in case you're not familiar with the term. A deliverable is something that you're handing in or providing, maybe to your manager or team. So a deliverable could be like a slide deck, which is basically a fancy term for like a power point presentation.
Speaker 1: A report, right presentation, Yeah, just something that you actually have to turn in, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's so important is first understanding what can I even set a boundary around. And I think it's also really important to understand the effects of taking on too much, which in Carly's situation, she's saying, you know, I don't have the bandwidth and capacity to take on more deliverables. And you know, I remember this conversation I once had with an organizational psychologist for a newsletter article I was writing, and she was sharing the negative effects of overworking, which I think so many of us experience and don't even recognize while it's happening, And she said, you know, it's trouble concentrating, poor quality of sleep, You're more irritable, you have less patience, you have headaches, and all these symptoms then impact our performance. And I totally relate to this because at one point where I was really stressed at work, I had a lot on my plate. I remember I would I talk to my mom every day. I love you, Mom, and she would call me and I would be so irritable on the phone and I would always have to text her after and be like, hey, I'm so sorry, like it was just a busy day, and I really like probably shouldn't have taken the phone call because I was just like so mentally tapped out. So it actually impacts your personal life. Oh absolutely, That's the reason why these boundaries are so important. I'm wondering, from your own experience, what kind of boundaries have you sat? Like, what's even possible?
Speaker 3: Ooh?
Speaker 1: I love this because everyone's situation is so different, right, So I like to think of boundaries well, one as expectations, Right, what are people's expectations of how you're going to show up? So I really want everyone to first of all, remember that there are different types of boundaries that you can enforce. So I like to break this down into two different big buckets. The first one is physical, and yes I am actually speaking both physically, like back up, get why are you so close to me? Like you are? Okay? To enforce that hand holding, touching, you know, high fiving, hugging. You know, some people like to greet people in the morning with a hug. Some people don't want to be touched and maybe you don't want to be touched hers. Just so I know, it really depends on the day. You'll see it in my eyes what I'm feeling. But like you know, there's the physical. But also when I say physical, I mean other technical things of the job. So for instance, sometimes you can determine what your hours are working, right, maybe you are a nine to five corporate baddy, maybe you might be a ten to six. Maybe you might you know, be taking a class in the middle of the day so you make up those hours later on. Those are conversations that you would want to have with your manager. Another thing that I think is really important are things like calendars. Right, I am a girl, it has to be on the calendar, A minimum of twenty four hours in advance. If you throw something on my unless it's like an emergency, please do not do same day things on my calendar, because by then I have already mapped out my day and I already know how my day is gonna flow, and throwing on a fifteen twenty thirty minute out of nowhere, first of all, can be varying anxiety inducing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So you also can control your calendar and enforcing how people work with that, keeping it up to date, and making sure that people put it on the calendar. Another thing that I think is really important, especially now that a lot of people are working remotely, is camera on and off. Baby, Like if there there might be a day of the week you just don't want to have your camera on, you know, or maybe after a certain time or before a certain time. So those are a couple of examples of physical boundaries, right, But then you also have mental boundaries, and I think these are the ones that people really think about when we talk about enforcing them. These are different things like choosing not to be part of certain discussions. Right. It can be as lighthearted as not wanting to gossip about fellow people in the office and you don't want to be involved in that all the way to the most hearty conversations that talk about race. You know, I will never forget when I was working in media a couple of years ago when George Floyd was murdered and a lot of people wanted to have a lot of discussions on email and slack and make it and bring what was happening in our personal lives to work, and I said, there has to be an escape for me because I feel this very very deeply. So no, I do not want to be added to the slack thread. No, I am not about to educate other people on what books they need to read to learn more about the black experience. I had a right then to step away from that discussion, and you have the right to to step away from certain discussions that trigger you that you don't feel comfortable with. And here's the thing that I want to emphasize. It does not matter why you say no to that. You do not have to justify nor explain to people. It could just be something that you just really don't want to be a part of it. I don't want to be part of this mess, you know, So you are okay to say no other things, is like understanding what your own capabilities are. There are sometimes, Gianna, where the anxiety wins for me and Sam, the anxiety wins, And those are the days I have to have a real heart tart conversation with my manager or with my team or with the people who I'm working on projects with, and I'm just being like, look, guys, I'm not operating at one hundred today. This is what I can give. How can we pivot and navigate? And those are conversations that you have to have, right And so I definitely think that when we think about boundaries, think about the physical boundaries that you would want to enforce, but really take a step and think about those mental boundaries.
Speaker 2: But then, of course it comes to communicating it. And you mentioned this before, when it comes to having that conversation with your manager. And when I was speaking to this organizational psychologist, she said to me, Jianna, no is a complete sentence, and I was like, You're so right about that. But in the workplace where there are power dynamics, especially when you're early in your career, I think giving context can be really helpful and I think it makes you feel more comfortable saying no. Ultimately, though, and she mentioned this, it comes down to the psychological safety you feel with your colleagues or your manager. So do you feel comfortable sharing with your new manager that you're overloaded? Let's say you did that was my experience, you know, when I made that early mistake at work.
Speaker 1: You can say.
Speaker 2: Something like, Hey, I'm trying to maintain the quality of my work. Here's what I've done to already organize myself. Together, can we decide the best way to handle my workload? If this new task you're giving me is a top priority, you are able to then prioritize your tasks and come together to make a plan moving forward. The reality is, though everyone might not feel comfortable with their manager or might think, you know, I can't say no to this person. So I think it can be helpful in those situations to find allies. Right, So you and I are working on a podcast right now together. Let's say I'm totally work with something outside of this, and we have a task, we have a deadline for the podcast. Maybe I come to you and I'm like, hey, Jamay, can I pass this off to you? I know I said I would do it, but I'm just totally overworked right now, and you're like, oh, gee, totally got you. I'll take it. So then I could go to my manager and be like, hey, for that project I'm working on with Jamay, she mentioned she has the bandwidth to actually take on that task, so I'm going to pass, you know, some of those duties off to her so I can prioritize what you're now giving me. Right, So you're coming in already with an action plan and being like they can say you know, okay, that sounds great, or you can end that with like, what do you think about this? Right, so they could be like, oh, that sounds great, or you know, maybe we could do X, Y and Z. But it opens that conversation with somebody who you might not feel comfortable having that conversation with in the first place. But ultimately, it's about, you know, identifying what is the must have work I need to get done and what is the nice to have stuff that I can maybe move further down my to do list. And this is literally why I started using Google doc with my to do list, so I could physically move around my tasks into later in the week. Because my physical planner, like I love to write down I have like a thousand notebooks was getting so messy for me scribbling out things I didn't get to But now because it's digital, I get to just move things around and it's so beautiful and organized.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need a copy yea with template with.
Speaker 2: Little like checkboxes that cross it out. Oh, it's so satisfying. But you have to build a boundary system that has some flex in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I really love the verbiage that you provided that people can use, mostly because I think for a lot of people, when we say no, we're terrified about the assumption that we just cannot physically do it, like that there's something incompetent about us that is the reason why we are not able to achieve whatever. And that can be very terrifying when you're trying to talk to a manager because you don't want them to get that as the perception of you. So I like the verbage you use because it's actually saying, invite your manager to be a partner with you in this. And then lastly, I think it's really important here for you to be compassionate towards yourself. Right, you got to give yourself grease because you are going to beat yourself up trying to live up to this unrealistic standard of work excellence that you have in your mind. And I get it. You are starting out in your career. You are just starting out. You really want to prove yourself. But baby, I promise you, in five ten years, you will not care that one extra assignment that you stayed up all night working on is not gonna get you the promotion more than likely not. And I guarantee you when you are in your late twenties early thirties, you were gonna look back. You're not even gonna remember all the stuff that you did. So I always like to say, like, is this going to matter in a year from now? The reality is most things don't. So set the boundary. Stand for a minute and be compassionate towards yourself.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take a short break. We've still got a lot more to say about boundaries. And also we're gonna talk about why you should maybe think twice about wearing white shorts in the office. That's next. Okay, guys, So you guys have heard us talk to Carly about her situation. But hopefully you all are walking away with actionable, tangible feelings about how to enforce your boundaries. A couple of things that I am taking away from this conversation is that as hard as boundaries are, they are absolutely necessary. And the beautiful thing about a boundary is that you can determine today what your boundary is, and it can shift and pivot and move, and it's flexible and you always have the right to change that boundary. Another thing that I think is really important is that it's okay to start small, right Like your work boundary doesn't have to be this big ginormous thing, like I'm only gonna work here and I need a trailer and a diva, and like you don't have to do all that. You can start even something as small as just like when you're gonna respond to emails or navigating when deadlines are going to hit, or what you need to do during your day. And the beautiful thing about a boundaries that it doesn't just apply to your work life. You can do it with family, you can do it with friends. I encourage you to do it with them and practice with people who you love. Gianna, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that you mentioned small boundaries to start. I think that's so important. A few things I'm taking away are from what you said, which is the more upfront you are about your boundaries and the earlier on you set them, the better off you'll be in the long run, because your career is long. It's a long time, so you will truly burn out multiple times if you don't set those boundaries. I think what I'm still learning, which I'm hoping to improve, is when you set a boundary, you gotta stick to it for yourself. Like I have a lot of flex in my own boundaries now, and you were saying, you know, when you set them, enforce them and communicate them. So I think that's something I'm taking away is that you have the power one to say no, but also to enforce those boundaries after the fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hate to be that person, but I'm gonna be honest with you all besties, people will try to play you, and it's just human nature, but people will try to play you. So if you have a boundary, Let's say your boundary is I don't respond to emails after five pm. Someone is gonna send you that six pm email and if you respond, you have just showed them. Oh I will actually respond, So now your boundary is not enforceable. So the day that you really need it to be five, nobody is gonna respect you. You gotta have respect in these streets, stand up, talk, straightening it back. That's me, Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 2: But I'm working on it, I promise. Okay, jam I think it's time we switch it up. Oh, we are going to move into our next segment, which is called miss Understood the assignment. This is where we talk about some of our biggest work fails, through all of them, from those embarrassing cringe moments to our most humbling moments at work, and what we've learned from those experiences. Jamay, I think you've got a story for us this week.
Speaker 1: Oh, I absolutely do. I'm ready, and honestly, the story is top of mind because it is warm right now, and it's hot. It is hot, hot, hot, and I have been outside and I've been seeing a lot of people and really nice summer outfits, and it reminded me of the trauma that I faced. So let me tell you, Giana of the time, Jamay war White.
Speaker 2: Short no office.
Speaker 1: So years ago I started working on a fashion magazine, which makes it all the worse. Right like this, is like a high profile women's lifestyle magazine still in its very print and digital era. I was working in the fashion department and so I remember wearing this outfit to work. I was probably like on my it was like week one and a half, right, so like long enough that the girls knew who I was, but not long enough that they knew I was to that girl, you know what I mean. So I wore this blue and white striped shirt and these white linen shorts. I thought I was the cutest thing since slice bread Baby. Okay, the waist he probably were okay, yeah, the booty was sitting like everything was good. Okay. So we were at lunch and essentially there was like a outdoor area because it sat over the what is the Hudson that you can see across and look to Jersey. I don't know you're a Jersey in Yeah, yeah, because the Hudson.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So I went and got my lunch and then I went and sat outside, and outside seating was like wood. So I sat down and I immediately felt something wet underneath me. So I stood up and I looked, and I didn't see anything. So I was like, okay, that's kind of weird. Maybe you know, I just imagined it in my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Go Throughout the rest of the day, I'm walking the hallways, I'm switching. I'm feeling like fraying fine up in here, okay, And people are like looking at me, and I'm like, yeah, because I'm that girl. I'm that girl. I'm that girl. Sleigh slay Sleigh like vote vote vote, Gianna. It was the end of the day. Oh, it was like after six pm, and I was like, okay, I gotta go to the bathroom. For whatever reason that day, I just, oh my God, to use the bathroom. I don't know, I don't know what was going on. I went to the bathroom and I did like last looks. As I was leaving out, I turned around and on the back of these white linen shorts was a reddish brown liquid stain that made it look like period blood. I don't know what I sat on in the wood. I don't know if it was the water in the wood combined and made like a wood baby, cor, I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: How did you not see that when he stood up, there's nothing on the bend. There was nothing on the pen they played you. I was traumatized and guys, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I'm emotional, guys, because it was summertime, so I don't have a jacket or a sweater or anything to put around me. I am just here in my white shorts at a fashion magazine with what looks like period blood. And oh god, I was so trying to have a question.
Speaker 2: Have you ever worn white shorts?
Speaker 1: Never? Never? And anyone who wears them, I look at you with contempt in my heart. I am so sorry. I can't wear white anything anymore. I just like white shirts, white pants, the only thing white sneakers, that is it? Anything else? I am too traumatized by it. It Oh my gosh. But okay, I think what hurt me the worst, because obviously I want to give you guys a lesson here in my lesson can't be don't wear white shirts. I can't be that petty. But what hurt me the worst was that there were a lot of women right on the floor working there, whether it was the fashion director or the interns or the editors, and not a single person just pulled me aside and said, hey, check your shorts. And I have been in situations where I've looked out for other women because you know, it's naturally, you know, it's natural, you know, and they're always.
Speaker 2: So grateful, and no one's like, why are you looking at me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: No one's being like, oh well, no, let me rock, Like no, that way right, you know, a fashion statement like no please, Like I was so hurt that nobody looked out for me. And then naturally I had to do the walk of shame home because I had to ride the train home because I was going back to Brooklyn. And here I am in these pants that I am just terrified that everyone in the world is seeing. So a couple of lessons here, like in truth once now that my blood is kind of cooling down, a couple of lessons here is, First of all, if you were the person who sees something say something, you don't know what's going on. And I know, sometimes like we have bystander mentality, which is a really scary thing, right where we see things and we don't say things, but you really don't know how. Maybe someone just doesn't have the awareness or in a situation like mine, it was just a genuine accident, just an evil fate of the gods that just did this to me. But like, either way, sorry, getting off my eyes twitching again, like just say something right, because you really will help someone out. Also, a lesson that I learned then is to always carry something with you, whether either that or be within close proximity to a store that you can go out and run out and buy something. I mean, at that time, I didn't have the funds to do it, so I would definitely say carrying a blazer or a jacket, a card again, something that you can wrap around your waist in case you have an accident down there. I know people are gonna think this is controversial, but I really do believe in also bringing extra undergarments and storing them somewhere because you just never know, Like we never know what's going to happen, but you always want to have something in case you have to pivot or navigate. Imagine if I had to report to the CEO that day I had to do a presentation.
Speaker 2: Gianna, No, I can't. If you haven't been there already, it probably will happen at some point. I was there a few weeks ago, running out on my lunch hour to the nearest store to buy something, like its naturally happens, it's it's it's.
Speaker 1: Natural and it happens. And I mean, obviously I felt a lot of shame in that moment, which you know I should not have. But I mean, naturally, it's it's normal to feel guilty. But what I will say is that if you all plan in advance, don't be like you may. If you want to wear white or any other color in the office, just make sure you always have a backup outfit. Okay, I certainly misunderstood the assignment.
Speaker 2: Thank you for reliving that trauma. I know that was hard.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk to my therapist now.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, that's all from us to speak. Thanks so much. Thank for listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you. And look, you guys are listening to us, which clearly means that you like me and Gianna. So we might as well make this thing official. Okay, make sure that you give us a five star rating and review wherever you are listening to this podcast, but also don't forget to follow the podcast so that you don't miss a future episode.
Speaker 2: And don't forget we also have a newsletter that you can subscribe to for even more content, all those exclusive behind the scenes cuts. You can find the link to that in the show description and on my LinkedIn profile. It's called you Guessed it, Let's Talk Offline.
Speaker 1: And while you're on LinkedIn, you might as well go on and get connected with me and g and send us your question. We want to hear them, the burning, the itchy, the weird stream I mean, oh goay, my itch depending on. But we'll see information on how you can do that is in the show description. Listen to me. It is in the show description. Because y'all gonna be like, we couldn't find you. Look in the show description.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see you back here next week. Remember we have always got your back, so if something comes up in the meantime, Let's Talk offline. I'm Gianna Prudenti.
Speaker 1: And I'm Jamaie Jackson Gadsden, Stay driving.
Speaker 2: Let's Talk Offline is a production of LinkedIn News and iHeart Podcasts. The show is produced by Western Sound. Our producer is Sabrina Fang. The show is edited by Savannah Wright. Our associate producer is Sarah Dilley. Alex mckinness is our engineer, and Ben Adair is the executive producer.
Speaker 1: Executive producers at iHeart Podcasts are Katrina Norvel and Nikki Etore We got support from LinkedIn's Jesse Humple, Sarah Storm, and Ayana Angel. Maya Pope Chappelle is director of Content, Dave Pond is head of news Production, Courtney Cook is Head of Original Programming, and Dan Roth is the editor in chief of LinkedIn.