Speaker 1: Second date update. How do we feel about people bringing gifts for the first date? Is there an inside joke or are you talking about just ji?
Speaker 2: I have friends who love it.
Speaker 1: I actually went out with the dentist ones who tried to gift me a BMW on the first date. I told you, but I said, you.
Speaker 2: Wait talking about cars.
Speaker 1: It was only a three series though, and the leather seats weren't even in the right color. Oh so, Mamma didn't raise no fool, I know my worst okay, and I dismissed them.
Speaker 2: Are you driving a Kia like I am right.
Speaker 1: Now, that's just one of the cars that I'm driving. To choose which car on which day? Same but from the email we received, I heard gifts were exchanged on this first date, which is a little bit unique. And so let's talk to the guy, Enrique. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's happening? Guys? Thanks for having me thinking about.
Speaker 2: Rique going I wasn't actually, I was just thinking about this guy.
Speaker 1: And Henrique, this is your first time on the show. It's kind of like our first date. Do we get a gift? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Sure? I love you do?
Speaker 4: Is that like that's your thing? Is you're the gift guy to love language.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if it's anything less than a three series, then we're not interested. I'm talking. You just bought a new car.
Speaker 4: So did you warn the person you were going out with the gifts were going to be on the table? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean you know, we met online, so that's okay, okay, And what's her name?
Speaker 3: Josie?
Speaker 1: I like how you say it all right, you're talking to Josie online.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All language just came up and we found out that cars and gifts are number one loved language.
Speaker 2: The gift givers.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we decided to bring Schather a gift on our first date.
Speaker 3: Nothing too crazy.
Speaker 1: Both of you were going to bring gifts, so this was not a surprise.
Speaker 2: Okay. Did you set a price limit?
Speaker 3: No, we just said something very simple. Okay, Okay, sometimes to be reminded later on, you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it makes it better.
Speaker 1: It's good. Take us to the date. How did it go, what happened?
Speaker 4: And what you bring?
Speaker 3: But tell you something before that, we lived kind of far away, like I drove like two hours to get to her.
Speaker 4: So she brought you gas money.
Speaker 3: Not so much.
Speaker 5: But anyway, we met at this Mexican restaurant for dinner and sat down.
Speaker 3: And so she gives me her gifts first. Okay, so since we had some conversations. I'm a big Spider Man fan.
Speaker 1: She got you some spiders. That's cool, dude, right.
Speaker 3: No, No, but she gave me some little Spider Man action figure.
Speaker 4: Awesome, she's paying attention, she's remembering.
Speaker 1: Put it on a shelf. You'll always know, like, yeah, we give her a check mark for her gift? What did you get her?
Speaker 3: So it might sound a little crazy, Okay, but let me flink. What it's called a long distance love lamp?
Speaker 2: A long long distance love?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: That's a little bit what is a little overwhelmed? Already explain tell Jeffrey what it is.
Speaker 3: I know what they are, something like you know, work far away? Right?
Speaker 5: If I touched mine, hers will glow, you see, like, oh you know?
Speaker 1: Okay. It's a way of touching each other and turning each other on.
Speaker 2: I'm faking, not exactly. It doesn't have to be like couples. I get it. It's like family.
Speaker 4: Feel doesn't say love lamp on the box when you hand it to it, because that I think is gonna be key.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no. If I had the lamp out of the box, you know, I had to like, you know.
Speaker 2: Up good, Okay, So it's just the lamp that she.
Speaker 1: Gets, So you're just handing her a lamp.
Speaker 2: What was her reaction at first?
Speaker 3: She was like a little confused, you know.
Speaker 2: She didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, he gave me a lamp.
Speaker 1: It's not a typical first day gift gift.
Speaker 5: I like lamp, okay, right right right, So then I had to explain to her the same thing I just told you guys right now too.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know she was like, oh wow, that's so sweet, and she's like, nobody never gave me a lamp before.
Speaker 2: Oh she liked it.
Speaker 1: Alexis if a guy gave you a love lamp on your first meet up? I see, I didn't get to finish asking the question, order shouted, I.
Speaker 2: Don't really not a pan. It's just what if you have another guy over when it's going off, Like that's my fear. Like she's like, you can't even think about that. You have to be exclusive, Like I don't want a guy over.
Speaker 4: And this lamp was flashing in the corner and he's.
Speaker 5: Like you had a lot of long conversations, like I'm getting so open, you know, it's like I'm not seeing nobody else.
Speaker 3: I really really dig this girl. I mean she was Oh my gosh, she's so hot, you know.
Speaker 1: And you're putting all your cards on the table with this well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, And you know I give her a lamp.
Speaker 1: You're putting all those lamps on the table. Whatever you're doing the rest of the date.
Speaker 3: All right, So the day was awesome. Okay, we talked for hours and even we kept having some drinks and I went to her house.
Speaker 2: Her house, it into the lamp, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I make sure the lamp was on.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, have you used the lamp since your last date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, every single day, especially night time.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you gotten the light back or is it just you lighting her up?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing. At first, mine was glowing all the time.
Speaker 5: Now it's not really lighting up that much anymore.
Speaker 2: The lights have gone out on love Jess.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then I text her and she doesn't really respond.
Speaker 1: Or to ask about the texting because the lamps aside, you're not texting. That's a big.
Speaker 2: Lampless and loveless.
Speaker 1: It's tough doing a long distance relationship thing. Your date does sound pretty lit to me. But we're gonna come back and we'll call it Josie for you and try and get you a second date update. Get that light glowing again right after this.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, thanks guys, all right, man, hold on second date update.
Speaker 1: Brooks said something pretty profound in the first part of the second date call. Kind of hit it right on the nose when she said, and now their love.
Speaker 6: Light has gone dark, sinking deep into the abyss of eternal loneliness, like the lost ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean that's lost all power, and as the crew is jumping overboard into the icy waters, the boat takes on more water and all hope and have is lost forever and always.
Speaker 1: I'm just paraphrasing what she said. It was something along along those lines.
Speaker 4: I'm actually hopeful that this love story doesn't end as tragically as the one you're talking about.
Speaker 1: But yeah, your love story that you painted in the first part, I'm just trying to paraphrase. Because Enrique and his date Josie agreed to exchange gifts when they had their first meet up, and she got him a spider Man toy because he's into Spider Man. He got her a long distance love lamp, which is where if you touch yours, their lamp lights up on their end to show that you're thinking of them.
Speaker 4: And apparently they were using it back and forth for a little while.
Speaker 1: At least in the first few days, it was going off like a strobe light at a Tiesto concert. Lately, not only is the lamp dimming, so are in Rique's hopes for a second date. Enrique, any thoughts that you'd like to share over some sad depressing music. Now's your chance.
Speaker 3: It's a little sad right now where you're playing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, but that's it's just the image that Broke paints with her words.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: It's always me.
Speaker 1: I'm just bringing them to light. Yeah, okay, the light that's happening in your Yes. So again, I'm just or I'll here for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were together, man.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm hole just like those sailors were when they left the dog dial Josie for you right now here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Josie. Hey, Josie. I don't know if you know us. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Josie, Hey, Hi, we.
Speaker 1: Got a lot that we'd like to talk to you about. One of our listeners says that he went on a date with you not too long ago and had an amazing time.
Speaker 3: Okay, am I on the radio right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: You're the star of the hour, and your co star, hopefully is the guy that you were with named Enrique.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know Enrique.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well we know a little bit about Enrique and your guys' date because he told us some details from it. It sounded pretty good on our end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounded flirty, fun. You guys had maybe.
Speaker 4: A lot of margarita's, which is always a positive.
Speaker 1: That we thought. It was interesting that you guys decided to exchange gifts before you even met each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 1: Actually, Okay, how'd you feel about the lamp that he gave you?
Speaker 3: I I actually loved the lamp gift. I thought it was so thoughtful. I thought it was a really sweet gesture from him.
Speaker 2: Wow, you didn't think it was.
Speaker 1: People were thinking it may have been too much, too soon.
Speaker 3: Well, we are kind of long distance, so it meant more.
Speaker 4: Wait, still, you still consider yourself currently long distance with him.
Speaker 3: No, not currently, but we were long dist him.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you were still thinking it.
Speaker 1: So but you said that you liked the lamp gift, and we heard that you guys were using it at least for a little while after the date. Yeah, we're not sure what's changed since then.
Speaker 3: Well, I I think he's a cheater.
Speaker 2: What a cheater? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Why do you think he's a cheater?
Speaker 3: Oh? I know he's a cheater. Well, we share locations on our phone, so we can see where each other are already.
Speaker 2: You guys are a relationship.
Speaker 1: That's very close with each other.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's kind strong and like we knew like when to call each other and all that stuff. And then a few times my lamp will light up and I will look at his location, and he was out somewhere.
Speaker 4: Else, not at his house the lamp exactly.
Speaker 2: I would side piece touch a lamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that was true, he would be out with the side piece most likely not leaving her at his place to touch and mess around and cluster lamp exactly.
Speaker 3: That's why I think he's either married.
Speaker 2: Or have a living girlfriend there.
Speaker 1: And you're the side piece in that.
Speaker 2: Case he bought himself.
Speaker 4: I think you're misreading something here, because he wouldn't call a radio show and ask us to publicly ask you out again. If he was cheating, that would be I mean, unless he's really dumb, that.
Speaker 1: Would be real. It's really really big to jump to conclusions like that. And look, the love lamp that he gave us for our studio is lighting up, which I think means that he wants to talk to you right now, because he's actually on the other line listening.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we don't really have a love lamp. I made that up, but he is on the other line.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to talk to a cheater.
Speaker 1: What, well, just give him a chance. Hear him out. There might be some misunderstanding.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Josie, Josie, I'm not cheating on you, Okay, I swear I'm on you.
Speaker 3: No, No, dude, I'm not buying it.
Speaker 2: God, it's so hard.
Speaker 4: It's so hard to stay your case when someone says you're a cheater, because when you say you're not a cheater, it sounds more like yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm innocent. That's what's going on with your lamp?
Speaker 3: Dude, And I don't hear any excuses like, oh, your dog is touching the lamp, or it's all by mistake, it's faulty, or whatever it is, because I'm not going to buy it.
Speaker 1: It is a dog, oh girl joking?
Speaker 3: I am the one touching the lamp. I am the one. I take it with me everywhere I go. If I go to a cafe.
Speaker 1: Wa, go to a bar? Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: I'm going to guys, I like this girl so much that I carry this lamp with me everywhere I go.
Speaker 1: Wait, you go to a wait, hold on, you go to a shop and plug the lamp in just to touch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same level somehow.
Speaker 1: Brook, How are you feeling right now accusing him such horrible things? Early?
Speaker 4: All with me?
Speaker 2: Just the visual of him walking down the street with.
Speaker 1: A lamp, Imrika, you don't have to take that from her.
Speaker 2: It's really cute, Rikae. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, well all right, but wait, wait, you guys know how you want to go with your phone here trying to plug your phone somewhere?
Speaker 1: Right's the thing at the airport with a big old lamp. You asked the bartender if you can unplug the jukebox for just a second so I can touch my girlfriend two hours away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Josie, what do you think.
Speaker 5: I'm not behind this dude.
Speaker 4: No man would ever say something that embarrassing unless it was true.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And we're giving him a really hard time, and he's doing a great job like defending himself. I'm actually kind of believing him on this Listen.
Speaker 3: I swear my grandmother's grave. I take that lamp everywhere I go. I wanted to show this girl that how much I like her, and I want to take her.
Speaker 1: There is a love lamp in his grandmother's grave too, so that he can show some love to his dead. It's going off. She's right, it's going on. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: But Josie, it feels like you two are like meant for each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, you would just trust him.
Speaker 3: Oh you guys really think I should believe him? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, and we get if you carry the lamp with you everywhere? Do you have it with you right now? Could you turn it on?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I could just go in the trunk of my car and get her right now, and I can plug it.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have time for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know my highlander has a plugin for.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brook will drive her Highlander over to where you are and you can plug in.
Speaker 2: Your lamp car like that.
Speaker 1: The lamp on. While this was a terrible idea, I'm just saying I believe him, Josie. I think the whole room believes him. That he carries this lamp around to prove that he's that into you.
Speaker 2: And he's not a cheater. He wouldn't call in and do this over the radio.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I do disagree with Brook on that point, but everything else that we said, I think it's true. And we'd like to sends you two out on another date that we would pay for if you're up.
Speaker 4: For a Josie, what if he took you to his house to prove that he doesn't live with anybody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, come over to my house and you could see the lamp and I'll definitely have the light on again, you know, with your lamp and everything.
Speaker 3: We'll make something fun out of this.
Speaker 1: Come on, Josie, Philip winning you over a little bit here, Josie, one more chance. Come on?
Speaker 3: Now, that's actually pretty sweet. I have to say, he's just you are quite the charmer, Enrique. I have to wow with that. Yeah. Well, oh my god, he's busting out the Spanish. Now okay, so is.
Speaker 1: That a yes, Josie, Yes, that's my leg.
Speaker 2: What do you do freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Uh spoiler alert, not to ruin the surprise, but Jose just bought all of us love lamps for Christmas. Yeah, you're welcome, because gift giving is my love language.
Speaker 2: I'll tap for you, broken Alexis.
Speaker 1: If you guys decide to go on vacation in Europe again, make sure you have the right adapters so that you could plug that baby and get some Papa Bear love across the scene. I think As already has like seven love lambs.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're in a room. I think they're in the garbage again.
Speaker 1: I know there's a lot of judgment about the love lambs, but it was actually perfect for this couple. I'm really happy for that. They seem like they might actually be a good bit.
Speaker 2: This is the type of thing. It gives you hope that there's someone for everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Serious, No matter if you're the guy walking down the street holding a lamb, you found love.
Speaker 1: And that could be you. If you want to email the show, we'll call that person not calling you back. Make sure to listen to all our second date updates on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey wherever you get your podcast and Jeffrey in the morning