Speaker 1: The Nicky Glaiser podcastser Hello here, I am welcome to the show. It's the Nikki Glazer Podcast. We are in a special studio in Los Angeles, California, which is where I am because I did the roast of Tom Brady last night. And I'm joined by obviously Brian Frangie. What's up, Brian? Yo?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Noah gave birth already and so yes, but I'm not gonna say any detailed Why did I not send you any pictures or anything?
Speaker 2: I had no pictures.
Speaker 1: Oh, Noah's given birth. She's been a mom for a week.
Speaker 2: Wow, congratulations Noah.
Speaker 1: I guess I could say that. Noah, is that okay? I guess you were hearing this and you can't stop it if it's not okay because it's already out.
Speaker 3: Why can't you give details?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like that's like up to the mom to give like name and age, sex, location.
Speaker 2: What's the date of birth?
Speaker 3: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it was a week. It was a week and a day ago or something. So and joined with us. Also is my boyfriend. By popular demand back on the show. People have been wondering when are you coming back. I'm back the answer is now, Chris Gonvi everyone, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You won the pole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are you guys? What's going on?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on with us?
Speaker 2: What a dumb question? I mean last night.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if I was just like guys, well, I guess some people do do that as the host and say I'm I'm the talk of the town.
Speaker 2: You're the talk.
Speaker 1: Let's start with me.
Speaker 4: You're the bell of the ball, toast of America, the toast of America. And last night's single handedly saved comedy is pretty much the Seriously, that's pretty much the general consensus of the Internet is that last night saved comedy because we've you know, we've had a lot of uh, lackluster comedy over the last five years. This wasn't lacking fun, I think, and last night was so fun.
Speaker 1: For the roast of Tom Brady, Yeah feeling Yeah, I'm tired. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Because you did the roast. Nikki did the roast last night at five, right, and then it was a three hour show ended at eight, Yes, and then Nikki had to be back up for hair and makeup at three thirty.
Speaker 1: I woke up and I took a shower for ten minutes, and then I was get having people put.
Speaker 2: Actually like the longest showery.
Speaker 3: So she went on the so on the biggest television show of the year, probably in the last decade really, and then she went on Howard Stern the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like on the was the season finale of mash and then the The War of the World's broadcast. Yes, those are essentially what those two were within within five hours of each other. And you know it did end at eight o'clock. Yeah, but then we went to an after party, so we really got out at about ten thirty. Home by eleven uh in bed by midnight, a sleep by one thirty, awake by thirty two hours of sleep. But you know, I'm going on adrenaline. I'm not like actively tired. I feel like, do you ever like stay up all night, like or you get one hour seat or something. And the sun's so much brighter, yeah than it would be if it.
Speaker 2: Was just normal pupils are dilated a metaphor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that might be.
Speaker 2: Actually the sun is brighter and there's less clouds in the sky.
Speaker 3: And people want self these with me.
Speaker 1: I have one point one million followers, right see I told you I got that point one. Bitches waiting for that one.
Speaker 3: Brian thought last night he was going to get one million.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what I meant, that's what That's not what I said too.
Speaker 4: I just I said, just remember these two letters and numbers two M. And I didn't mean that you're gonna get one million followers within twenty minutes of the roast ending. But I do think that this is going to.
Speaker 1: Start monitor throughout the show.
Speaker 4: It's going to start your propulsion towards two am. Why would you not have two am?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I thought was on the roast had to have more than two Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it is a steady at one point. I mean, I've been at this is not something I pay attention to. But when you are at a million followers, it's like a big deal. When you make that leap from nine to nine eight to nine nine nine, and then you kind of look at it and you're like, I really don't play attention to likes and numbers and look stuff like that. I don't, And I know I brag about that's the all the time. But I am bragging about because it's very hard not to pay attention to that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I am brag a imagine it goes down to nine nine nine disaster.
Speaker 1: It did like when you go over to one, it like goes back and forth a little bit because you're dropp you're losing, especially because I like bragged, not bragged about it, but I was just like one million or whatever or other people noticed. Yeah, and so then people deliberately unfollowed to get you down below to fuck with you.
Speaker 2: They pull up Benedict, Yeah, what was that everyone? Benedict?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, wait why because who cares about any of this.
Speaker 1: Because this is interesting? No, no, no, So when you're at a million followers, you see it. And then so I thought, okay, once you read a million, it's it's like the point one's down the barrel, it's coming. I was, I've been at a million for over a year. That's a weird place to just It's not like I've been craving that point one, but for some reason, it's You're like, in the past couple of weeks, I've been like, what's this point?
Speaker 3: When's this point?
Speaker 4: You were like the Nelson Mandela of Instagram just waiting, yeah, of one.
Speaker 1: Million, Yeah, the Mandela fact, did he did he die?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, one Mandela, I am you're going to be to Mandela with the God.
Speaker 3: You're going to add Winn Mandela my God to.
Speaker 1: Double my followers. That would be amazing. But yeah, so what point up? Point one? Last night from the Roast, which so many people watched. Yes, they don't release their numbers, but I've never done anything.
Speaker 4: They're going to release them. They're going to be so proud of this. They're going to release them. I guarantee.
Speaker 2: They said.
Speaker 3: They said it was a bigger audience than even the Chris Rock thing, and the Chris Rock thing is what propelled them to be like, we're in on live. This live thing is important. Yeah, so that was the inspire for this. It was the biggest show. I mean, I think it's one of the biggest shows of the decade.
Speaker 1: Everyone I know watched it. I looked at my phone after I got done with the Roast, and I probably waited a half hour before I looked at my phone because the camera's on you. I didn't want it to cut to me and then have it at me looking at my phone. But at that point it was like they were doing something in the audience, and I was like, let me just look at it to see in my text messages were eighty one, which I and I'm not someone who just like piles them up.
Speaker 3: It's like that's eighty one freshies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freshies.
Speaker 3: And this is the tip of the iceberg because apparently only ten percent of the audience watches live. Now this show is probably more than that, right, which means there's a ton more people that are about to watch the total number.
Speaker 1: Only ten percent of that number watch live, and then the ninety percent watch later.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And the Internet's going crazy right now. You are the consensus number one pick of the draft of the roast. Everyone's saying you were the best, You're the goat, and you went trending number one worldwide on Twitter. You're going viral on TikTok. Your entire set is on TikTok right now going viral.
Speaker 1: Can I ask, like, I'm not trying to be like like I'm not why why is that happening? I mean, I understand I had like amazing jokes. It was so yeah Jesus Christ, right table, what do you factor that made it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Because I've never done anything where it's like this emphatically like, oh my god. I you know, I listened to clips again today on Stern where I did it, and I was like, oh, I see a lot of flaws here.
Speaker 3: Of course, well you you got you have a like this thing where you see flaws first, your flaws first kind of gas. Yes, but can Brian and I set the table just a little bit. Yeah, So you know, Jeff went up and it was Kevin and Jeff and they were both great. Jeff got a standing ovation just for just for getting announced, right, so people, oh, yeah, Jeff's great. And then you know, he finished and he was amazing, and the drew Bledsoe went up and he was amazing, and then Nikki went up. Didn't get a standing ovation when you walked up, but you were the only person that got a full room standing ovation when you were finished the whole show. And I was waiting the whole time, I was like, is anybody else going to get this? Nobody else got it but you.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was extraordinary. It was electric in the building.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it was incredible watching it was incredible. I felt like I was on coke. I wanted to go fight someone. After I was I was running, I was.
Speaker 3: Like Brian and I were sitting next to each other and I was I felt like in his leg and.
Speaker 2: It felt like it felt like two things.
Speaker 4: One, it felt like I was on like a sports team and I was like on the sidelines watching someone like hit the game winning three and we just won.
Speaker 2: It felt like we won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it felt like we were like we were like on the team, but we were like on the bench.
Speaker 2: I was holding the clipboard and I was just like.
Speaker 3: We felt like we were on the team and our team just won the Super Bowl and you were the MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: WHOA.
Speaker 4: And then the second thing it felt like, which is even more apropos is that that picture he posted on the key pod uh Instagram. That felt like, for the first time of my life, I felt like Jared McGuire at the end of jeremcguire. You know when Jerre McGuire hugs Cuba Gooding Junior after he gets catches that touchdown and then gets knocked unconscious and you're like, oh my god, and everything was on the line, and this that that was I can't I've never.
Speaker 1: Me show me the money.
Speaker 2: Well, that's top Well, that's yes.
Speaker 3: From that for speed yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, uh yeah yeah. These are all great phrases from the movie. But no, it felt like that I was human.
Speaker 3: Head weighs eight pounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you had. Wow. Yeah that's another one.
Speaker 1: You're right, there was so many catchphrases. That was one of my favorite movies ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk about that.
Speaker 1: I am overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed right now, help you well, there are so many good moments from that movie.
Speaker 2: Who's coming with Me?
Speaker 1: Was shaking the bag and that I still worry about that fish to this day. Uh huh, I'm overwhelmed. Like I like, let me just say, like from I've never been on I've had a lot of big moments in my life where I felt like the center of attention and like wow, I did like I'm this is all about me, you know, taping specials and and other roasts where I've had like really good showings. But I've never felt like Taylor Swift until last night, like I really felt in this morning too, Like it's just like I feel like she must feel after some and it's it's not even after she releases an album. It's like after she Emmy's announces, like like wins a thing. Or or even like comes out as dating someone like I feel und just like I feel like I I'm just like I don't well, I don't want all this. I didn't ask for that, Like, I don't know that I wanted this.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the good news. It's not gonna last. That everyone's talking about you right now. You're the talk of the town.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm so down, because I don't I know no, because this is I can't do it, dude. I was just talking to my parents about this because we're having issues with my niece and nephew about how they can't handle birthdays because we have to buy all the kids presents on their birthdays and they become so obsessed with the presence that there's nothing before, like the presence need to be open right away, and if they're not open that we can't talk about anything else because they want this dopamine of this present. And when I was a kid, I used to not want to open presents ever because I knew the crash that happens after you open a present, and that I like the build, I like edging, I like the goon and and to me, this is like I was gooning being able to be like I'm doing the roast. I mean, I didn't even goon that much because I wasn't like bragging about it or posting about it. Really, I talked about it a little bit when I could. But now that it's I know that this is the this is the biggest moment anyone could ever ask for in their career, Like it doesn't get big. It literally won't ever be this big for me. That even if I host senl was telling Chris this, like even like my dreams come true, I host ess. Now it's not like no one is. And I don't even like that it's competitive like this or someone saying like you want it you had the best one, because I honestly think it's there were it was many factors contributing to me being the best that if someone else had been in my slot, that was a very perfect time opportunity to do it, and all.
Speaker 3: These other things. You had a great slot.
Speaker 1: I do, and I did, and I will always and you've said it before, never again, say it every night, But I do feel that I'm scared when I'm not scared when it goes away, but it'll be fine when it goes away because I'm not letting it in too much, but it is really I don't think so much because I would be never for us.
Speaker 3: You very rarely celebrate your wins. She's a flaws first gal.
Speaker 2: Wait, Anya Graham, what number three? Three?
Speaker 1: Yes, it means I'm always striving for achievement and I can't well. I had so much help on this roast. I feel like like everyone does that does a roast that you you know, work with other people and you pour over it. I mean Chris and Brian and a slew of other people were coming out with me to every show and we were doing notes afterwards, and it felt like a collaborative thing. So it feels really nice, but it's like I just feel like it's and it's a lot of pressure too, because it's I know, even what it's like to be someone who's nosed for roasting, not on even this level, but before this was known for roasting, and what people expect of you when you go do things and like, all right, come come out with us, give us the jokes, roast us, and it's like I can't perform at that level, Like people don't understand that took weeks to come up with that, Like even my friend who knows very much about the industry, was like, this just comes so naturally to you. Yeah, he was like, it feels like you could just do this in your sleep, and I'm like, no, I do this without sleep. It took weeks of no sleep to do this, not in my sleep at all. This was an extreme effort.
Speaker 3: But that's like, I feel like that's even more of a reason to celebrate because you work so hard for this that you do deserve it. It's not like it was an accident. It was not like something that just happened by chance that you got lucky. Like you put in you knew what you had to do because you've done the rose before. Yeah, you put in the work and you smash it. What you did, what you did and what Tony did were like, oh, this is the pinnacle of what this art form is, right, you know, like you reached that pinnacle and it was I mean it was magnificent to watch. It was as magnificent to watch as like a beautiful play in football or like an alley loup, Like it's one of these things that's just like there was magic in that last night. Thank you, and a lot of people were.
Speaker 1: There you're going to say it was like it was like watching a beautiful play, like like The Nutcracker or like.
Speaker 3: No, there's a lot of grace in those Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, it was like theatrical like it was like a Broadway show performance. No, that means so much to me. I mean obviously like being in the in a realm of being on stage with other athletes, like it felt like an athletic endeavor. It felt like a just because of the competitive nature of it as well, felt felt like yeah winning.
Speaker 4: It's one of those rare instances where comedy is competitive. It's like, uh, if you're on Last Comic Standing, which you also did, Yes, roasts are always you're always going to be compared to the other people, Whereas if it was just like a comedy showcase. Yeah, there's like people in their heads make like, oh that was my favorite, but it's not like that was the winner.
Speaker 2: And in a roast, even if you're not a.
Speaker 4: Roast battle, even just a roast, people are saying, there's on Twitter, it's just rankings, yes, and Nicky's.
Speaker 2: Always on top.
Speaker 1: Well, that's really nice.
Speaker 2: Ninety nine point nine percent of the time, that's nice. Sometimes it wople, say Bill Belicher.
Speaker 1: But I got to say that even that point, I'm I'm I'm I didn't realize. I mean, I know that I'm highly competitive, There's no question about like it just based on what I've heard from other people telling me when we play games or when we just that I'm competitive, I don't. It's it's a quality about myself I didn't know I had, but I absolutely am because of the nature like I could not have. I would not be okay with being not like if someone else was being talked about the way I'm talking being talked about. That's why I was just like, I don't want to talk about me being the best because I am thinking about everyone else on the thing, and I'm like, I would not be able to handle not being considered being the best or being in that conversation. And I think it's I don't really even believe when people are saying it to me, But I am like haunted by if I was not considered like I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.
Speaker 4: And the pressure was on you know you were Anyone who knows Nicki Glazer knows that you were expected to be one of the leading candidates to win this. And so I think one of the best things that you did was two months ago you recognized this event, I think is a big deal, which is not easy to recognize sometimes you go into things like this, and I mean, I think there's a couple of people who didn't realize that, like, oh my god, this is at the.
Speaker 2: World watch the world's watching entire world.
Speaker 4: I imagine if you didn't realize that, and like and you showed up having done like maybe a week of prep or something, and you were like, wait a second, I think I fucked up. Because it really takes in order to craft a set that's that tight, that's that perfectly, that's to be able to execute it like that, it requires and we worked that.
Speaker 1: Much effort fucking wire. We worked down to the very last second there was and.
Speaker 2: We cut some jokes we cut that needed to be cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, And yeah, in the end, like the craftsmanship of this is so intricate. I would never have even assumed it myself. When it comes to just considering, Okay, how hard how hard is everyone? First of all, how hard is everyone going to go? We have no clue? We literally have no clue, because no one's telling me.
Speaker 3: Anything about siloed. So when they do these roasts, they don't tell each other any of the jokes.
Speaker 4: You don't get to unless you get like a spy that's seeing someone run their set, and then you get some information. And sometimes the information is wrong, and we got.
Speaker 1: Unlike the Patriots. I do not like to spy. I don't like to cheat.
Speaker 2: But we did get false information too.
Speaker 3: No, I think it wasn't false. I think it was just he was running, people were running.
Speaker 1: We have to go to break, So we'll cover that in a second. But I do like to say, like I said this before, like I don't when I was talking about when I'm learning about the Patriots and like spygate and to flat gate and all these things that they got kind of caught doing some shifty stuff, I'm like, how can Why would you want to win knowing that you cheated?
Speaker 2: How would you?
Speaker 1: Why would that? Because but then Chris told me, because they want to win and they'll do anything to win, not.
Speaker 2: Really cheating, And it's like remember the same wait, show me the.
Speaker 1: Money when win at any cost. If you ain't cheating, you don't want to win.
Speaker 3: If you ain't cheating, you're not winning, do you know it?
Speaker 2: You have me at hello.
Speaker 3: If you ain't cheating, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think that is such bullshit. But that is oh my goodness. We're going to go to break and figure out what's going on. That's Michael. We'll come back and we'll talk more about the roses when we get back. All right, we're back. If you're watching video, We're in this beautiful studio in Los Angeles and my makeup is perfect because I had it done at three thirty in the morning for Howard Stern.
Speaker 3: It's extraordinary.
Speaker 1: It really is well done. It's like, thank you so much to Veronica for nailing it and I we were talking about winning.
Speaker 4: So I want to give some shout outs to people who gave you shout outs at the roast because I think that was nice to see. Also, first thing was Kevin Hart hosted the roast. He was incredible. I can't believe. I can't imagine a better person to host this thing. It was like he had heartfelt moments. He made Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft bury the hatchet, which was incredible.
Speaker 2: Who else could pull that off?
Speaker 1: At that point in the show, I was like so tired, and I was like, do we have to do this? Now? We have to find alcohol to put in these shots because there's none. Like I was just like, oh, I don't want to do this, and then I was like, wait a second, this is insane that this is happening, and they kind of both don't want to do it. But it's like a major moment. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: There were so many moments, and this was really must see TV. Netflix has just asserted its dominance over media with this event. I can't imagine being one of the other streamers and looking at this and being like, what the fuck do we do now? Because this was absolutely a colossal success. Anyway, Kevin Hart, after your set, he had a great set, and after your set, it's all on film. We all got it, he says. I don't know if you're watching this live. I don't know if you're seeing this, but that is a standing ovation and that's what you got. And you didn't get a standing ovation when you came out like other people did.
Speaker 2: You earned their love.
Speaker 3: You earned it.
Speaker 1: It's never happened to me before in my life. I mean, there's been shows where I've done really well, and some people have stood and others just stood to kind of like be polite because they have to go to the bathroom or something, they eventually have to stand.
Speaker 3: Did you feel it in the moment. Did you see it? No?
Speaker 1: I it was so embarrassed. It's just I know this sounds like I'm trying to be like humble, like sweet, but I just when things go too well, I just want to go crawl in a hole. And so after it happened, I was like, I was embarrassed because I kind of knew it was I nailed it, and I just wanted to like go be I just wanted to sit, and I wanted the show to move on, and I wanted to process it and look. And then I didn't want to look at the crowd because I thought I don't ever like to like try to get something out of people. And I thought if I looked at the crowd, they're gonna think I want it or something. So I just didn't want to look. And then when they stood, when he said it was the only reason I knew what was happening, and then I was just like, oh my god. And then I felt like him saying it maybe they're doing it now, because he said that they're doing it, like I was, just like, we couldn't.
Speaker 3: Help it being a generous host.
Speaker 2: That was so cool, love show.
Speaker 1: Awesome of him. He did not need to do that to me. It's what I was saying. It's what I've been saying forever about YouTube comments. It tells you how to feel about something, so you can like some thing that you watch on YouTube, but if something underneath has two thousand likes or it's it's you know, a reputable like someone well known writes under like goat status or like best thing I've ever seen you like someone you respect, you suddenly like the video more. You can't help it. It's subliminal. And that is what he did. Like even if you don't like Kevin Art, someone saying that was I just want you to know that's the art form of roasting whatever he said, like, that's the that what she just did was like it.
Speaker 3: It was correct.
Speaker 1: And so afterwards I went up to him and was like, I know exactly what you did for me tonight, and you didn't have to do that, And I go, people are gonna say I had the roast. The set of the roast and they're going, they don't know why they're saying that, but a big part of why they're saying is that because you said it without saying it, and you doubled down, and he said to me, he whispered in my ear. He like pulled over, you know the guy, the Robbie from Netflix who booked me on the show. And then he pulled over Ted Sarando's the president of Netflix, and he's like.
Speaker 3: Those are the two guys that are most responsible for this festival and comedy on Netflix, and.
Speaker 1: And he like had us all together and he's like, I don't need you know, I'm I forget whether he said this to me or to them, but he said because he was whispering in my ear for a minute, and I was just like it was the same feeling, Like it was just like crazy to have Kevin Hart's like I'm like, Kevin Hart's the most famous person arb ever and I only get to hear that no one else will ever hear. What I'm hearing right now is just for me. Like even if we're talking conversation, other people could get involved, Like this is just private between us.
Speaker 3: It was like the d m of uh talking famous im.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a private snaptot and one of those disappearing snaptats of talking. But he said to me, and now I'm I'm I'm you know, ruining it by telling everyone, but not even no. He told me that he's famous enough. He's like, I'm I'm not going to get any bigger. I have to use this to now lift uplift others. So he knew what he was doing, and he did it throughout the show, commenting on other people's making sure they had their moment, like celebrating after the fact, man, that and that joke you just told, repeating people's jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was so good.
Speaker 1: He was so good. He was just so in the moment and really made it his own. And he's just so like easy to watch, you know, he's just in control, Like you know, there's nothing can go wrong when Kevin. Nothing's gonna get if it gets awkward, Kevin will get us out of it.
Speaker 3: He's flawed.
Speaker 1: He's writing this plane in in any kind of wet storm. He's the guy you want at the helm.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so funny. I can't.
Speaker 1: And then he built in fuck you, Tom Brady. Perfect thing to go back to when anything anything tanks or like anything doesn't go the way he wants to fuck you Tom.
Speaker 2: And then Tom Brady calls it back.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: I think that was intent, you know, it's part of his intent, like to give other people. Really he is absolutely should.
Speaker 1: Feel I feel like he deserves the Market Award for Comedy Excellence, which is what Chris Convey My Boyfriend produced, which is going to be airing May eleventh on Netflix, which is what you should watch after you watch my special May eleventh on HBO. Someday You'll Die. It's this Saturday, everyone, I hope you tune in Someday You'll Die live on HBO this Saturday.
Speaker 2: Sorry, So that's on HBO.
Speaker 1: Saturday on HBO on May eleventh.
Speaker 3: It's so good. I can't wait for the best sies to see the special. I think, yeah, so good. You're You're so funny, You're so dynamic, you look incredible. It's like, I'm so I'm so proud of it for you, Thank you well. It again.
Speaker 1: It was like a group effort. It's so fun to work on these things with my best friends.
Speaker 3: But everything is a group effort. That's one thing that Nikki, like Taylor Swift works with that guy jack Antonov. I know that helped make incredible things.
Speaker 1: That's why she brings him on stage of the Grammys and like shouts them out.
Speaker 2: So like Tim Robinson works with Zach Cannon.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, was Zach Cannon. And you kind of look like.
Speaker 2: I look like Cannon boy.
Speaker 3: I hope that's a burned a cannon.
Speaker 2: Jerry seinfelt words with David.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: People say I sometimes act like Larry David you yes a lot.
Speaker 3: When I see you do stand up, I'm just like, this is a young Larry David. And it's not It's not an imitation by any means, no, no, thoroughly yourself, but it's I love your stand up, your stand up.
Speaker 4: But I want to hear what happened in a circle with Ted Sarandos and Kevin. Was it just the whisper that you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 1: There were other things said, but I feel like that is something I don't want to It was just it's just more bragging more like well, just all the nice things that could be said or said to me last night by literally everyone. I mean, I just went to lunch, I went to breakfast with my parents. What did Dave Chappelle say to you again, Nikki, what did that person?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What did Caroline Wrie text to you? What did what did Bethany Frankle just text you? What did Chelsea Handler send to you? What did Sarah Silverman send you? I mean, like literally, Chelsea Handler dammed me, Sarah Schulman meat, And like every time I refresh my DMS, it's like fourteen blue check marks of people I've never even who's I didn't even know, who knew me, are writing like paragraphs to me about amazing. It's there's nothing like this. It's it's I feel like I'm gonna I really feel like I'm in like I've died. I'm not even joking. It's like it's because I've done the roast before, but then they take like a month to air, and like even the Alec Baldwin Rose that would really change my life because it just it started going viral on Twitter during COVID or maybe like right before COVID, but it aired like it aired probably three months before it caught wind, like it was a big deal when it aired, and people, I got a lot of you know, uh accolades for it.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of like whispers, I.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of I've got on Instagram, yes, but I didn't. But then I remember Rob mclaney from Always Sonny, from Welcome to Wrexham exactly, and it's Always Sonny and Wrexham the.
Speaker 4: Premiering May second on Hulu.
Speaker 1: He like retweeted it and then I think it it just caught fire and then it was like all of a sudden, I had some point once happening and I go, what's going on? And then I realized I wasn't on Twitter at the time a lot, and I'm still not. But but this is like that time's a thousand.
Speaker 3: How many roasts have you done? That was my fourth? And so and so? Who have you done?
Speaker 1: Rob Low, Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: And do you remember the first time that you that they asked you to do the first roast? Were you like shocked? Were you like, oh, I was hoping this would come.
Speaker 1: I think it was like during Not Safe, So when I had the show on Comedy Central with you guys, and and I think at that point I had Jeff Ross had to show the burn that was on and I think it was not on anymore at that time, but I had done that show and Gary Mann at Comedy Central who was a fan of mine from seeing me at a festival like this is how things happen. He was at a festival where I opened for Schumer I killed. He was like became a huge fan of mine, started kind of following and being like, I really like you. He was the one that was like, you know, working at Comedy Central when I was when the Burn was on, and booked me on that and then I had a really good showing on that. It was Ralphie May and al Madrigal, and I was like, I had some joke about al Madrigal. I oh, I al Madrigal. I wanted to smoke some weed with him once and so I asked for his papers and he sprinted off. It was something about asking for it was some joke about that. I remember there's some joke about Ralphie not being able to watch the middle of his back, you know, just classic fat jokes and yes, rested peace Ralphie May and I I remember being like having a little bit of uh. People go oh, that was like a really good showing for just that show. And then I think after that, I think it was just the right timing where it was like Whitney was not wanting to do them anymore, Amy was not wanting to do them anymore. There was Sarah was probably not too much. It was like there was a space for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that.
Speaker 1: But I remember the first the first one I did, I was you know, I knew I was like maybe a consideration, but it was about who who's gonna say no? And then we'll ask her and then this was And it always kind of felt that way with Comedy Central because it was always like I would know about a roast happening, I would hear other people getting booked on it, and I would be bugging my manager, when when are we gonna get the yes? When's it gonna happen? And then would finally come through. I think the Alec bald One one maybe was a little bit earlier asque than usual, and it felt like, okay, this is my third is of course they're going to have me. Oh Natasha la Jera of course also so someone who would.
Speaker 3: Like she's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: She's one of the best gotcha ever ever. I watched so like I watched all of hers to get ready for the so I watched a lot of people's to get ready for this. That's what really got me in the really inspired. Yeah, but this one came about I got the call. I got the text when I was with my mom and my kitchen. You were oft of town, Chris, and because I remember when I told you we were when you got at the call, I.
Speaker 2: Was in my apartment. I think I was no.
Speaker 1: I think I was, Oh, I know what we were doing. I was. I think it was we were working on this special something. It was I was on something with you, and I was I think you were on a.
Speaker 3: Zoom with me.
Speaker 1: And I think I told you on the zoom.
Speaker 3: Maybe I just got asked. Yeah, it was maybe later in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I saw you before I saw Chris because I wanted to tell Chris in person, But I think I might have told you. I forget how it happened, but I remember it was with my mom, and it was so in advanced that I got in advance compared to the other ones. It was before we even went to Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I knew, I knew when when they when when you said you got I was like, this is Tom Brady. I mean it's I think it's the biggest star that's ever been well. I, yeah, I found out he was.
Speaker 1: I think it was announced he was doing a roast in maybe November or December, like it was like a while ago, and I instantly wrote and I was saying, like, I don't want to do a roast again. I don't want to get called old. I don't want to get called ugly. I don't want to like, I'm not going to do it again to myself because it just really killed me the last couple of times, not just about that stuff, but about just the work it took, and feeling so anxious and like crying the nights before and feeling like I was my life was falling apart, and just really too much anxiety, too much pressure. Couldn't didn't want to do it again, really saying that to myself when they didn't ask, so that I wouldn't feel bad, right right or so so. But then when it was announced, I instantly wrote Robbie at Netflix and I said I would like to or I wrote to my agent or manager and said I want to do this roast and he said, we're on it. We're already on it. And then I wrote personally to Robbie. I think Robbie wrote me about something else and I was like, hey, I want this roast of Tom Brady and he was like I think he said, I'm you know, we're we're in talks with Tom and I told him, I said, I don't know. I was just in a mood that day. You know, like how you can just like one day just have Marlon.
Speaker 2: Brando, what's that you can just like you're just unstoppable.
Speaker 1: I just like had the right amount of caffeine, sleep, sunshine, Vitamin D like whatever going on. Yep, spray tan was like just popping off that day. My car wasn't smelling weird.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was like the right breeze, the right exact time of moment. And I got that text on Robbie and I said, tell Tom Brady. He was because he was like, you know, I'm going to talk to him about and he's choosing essentially, And I said, tell him that I'm the Tom Brady of roasting, and that a Tom Brady roast would not be a Tom Brady roast without the Tom Brady of roasting. Oh, he would love that, And I said I will because what I knew about him at that moment in that time was that he works hard and he's the greatest and and I honestly don't didn't believe this about myself. I think really like, I think there's other people that are better roasters than me in the history of roasting. But at the time I was thinking, I just got to get this.
Speaker 3: Well, the cool thing about you doing that is that the story of Tom meeting Richard Kraft, the owner of the Patriots, for the first time, the first time he ever met Richard Craft. He says, I'm the best decision this franchise has ever made.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: Yes, And so he would love something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like he would. And you're appealing to his like to him even last night after I after the roast, I ran into him in the hallway because I didn't meet him before the roast. I only literally interacted him when.
Speaker 2: I ran into him, and they immediately slid.
Speaker 3: You were dying to get that.
Speaker 1: But on the way like he was, he didn't go to the after party, and he was on his way out like he had his like he was packed up and ready to go walking out, And I walked by him and I was just like Tom, and I wasn't going to say anything because it was enough just to like hug him afterwards, and he said, great job, thank you.
Speaker 2: Funny film that I was right there when it happened to.
Speaker 1: Someone has footage of it on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Oh great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, you're talking about that moment I was talking about right after I hugged him on the day. That's why I was joking.
Speaker 3: It's funny because.
Speaker 1: No, my girls chat is popping off to day because Carlisle was the audience. She's like, why didn't I take more pictures? Why didn't I take more footage? I'm like, it's it's all documented. But it was very sweet.
Speaker 4: It was like that Luis k joke when he's like when you see the flashes of all the cameras and the Super Bowl and it's like, yeah, like your camera lights on your phone little is illuminating the stadium.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So backstage, when I walked by him, I just said, uh, thank you so much, and he was like, you did a great job. You did a great job. He said good lie luck to you, which made me feel like we'll never meet again.
Speaker 3: And wow, maybe because the last your last statement was yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like essentially yeah, yeah, and it was good luck with trying to pursue that. But I said, and obviously I said, and you were amazing you, Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: The ship out of that.
Speaker 1: I like, I literally used it as a like. I was like, you just completely Tom Brady, that of course you did. And uh but I but that is what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he did.
Speaker 3: He was great and I knew he would. As you were walking down the hallway, I overheard him being like, she was so funny to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my right behind me were my parents when this interaction happened, and my mom had a couple too many and had the balls to go, I'm Nicky's mom and shook his hand. My dad, I'm Nicky's dad, and that that was unnecessary, but you know what, why not. He did give them a nice and said she did very well. Speaking of your mom, I mean, I can't believe my parents met Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is ridiculous. They don't. They don't deserve that. And you did such a great job that they were like bragging to him about you. They weren't in awe of him. They were like, that's.
Speaker 1: Mine totally, because they're not even they don't even understand stand what he is, you know, like they get it, but they don't really get it. So to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was hanging with your mom and dad at the after party for a little while. Dude, your mom was a little loose, but go ahead, she was just she was loose and spouting off exclusively about how proud she was of you. Yes, it was exclusively. I'm so proud of my daughter. Can you believe I'm her mom? Like it was just so wonderful, that's so cute. Everyone was saying how cute she was yet bailed out of a.
Speaker 3: What could have been a rough moment. I loved the Chappelle moment.
Speaker 2: What happened there.
Speaker 3: It was so funny. So, you know, obviously missus Glazer was having the time of her life, like bragging about Nikki to anybody she tried to cut her off, and like having fun and just like having this great time.
Speaker 1: I'm just like mom, Yeah, she know, she had a couple two She got a little overserved because she was nervous for me. And then when my mom gets overserved, she gets like she has no filter and has to comment on everything and kind of is one of those people that sometimes you can feel like, I mean, maybe I'm projecting because I used to be this kind of person, but I felt like you trap people in a conversation and they kind of are like okay, and not like I just was very concerned with who she was talking to and what she was saying to them, because she can sometimes be insulting because she so the things she like most of us. Like let's say i'm talking to you were on the roast, Chris, and I'm Nikki's mom. I would just say, A sober person would go, you were amazing last night, thinking in my head, my daughter did better than you, but I'm not going to say that, but you were. I'm going to focus on all the things you did well. But because my mom's drunk mind is saying, don't say that my daughter was better, and it's and I don't think that Nikki was that better. Everyone's saying Nikki's better than you. You were amazing too. She has to say the thing that share her said. Her mind is telling her not to say. And so there was a lot of that happening last night where it was just like I had to just tap her around different people of like, let's calm down with the and I heard this person say you were the best, and I'm like, but there another person that's on the roast is right next to us, Like I was just so aware of that because if I were another person, I mean, other people aren't like me and they can handle not being the best and they're fine with it. I can't imagine that, even though I'm often not the best, and it's that's why my life's so hard. I can't handle it. So last night we get back from the grid.
Speaker 4: I've almost been exclusively in that other person's position, where someone next to me is being told they're the best, and so I can relate to those guys.
Speaker 1: I can relate to them too, And that's why I don't. When I go to the bathroom after a show, I go no, no, no no, and I close my ears because I don't want to hear anyone complimenting anyone else, Like I protect myself from any kind of I mute people on Instagram that are killing it like I can't. I know it's pathetic. I can't really handle even though I know I'm not the best, even when I am the best, I can't admit I am, so I'm never winning in my life ever ever, So it's pathetic. I'm sorry to admit it. And I know people are gonna judge me and say, like, that's really pathetic of her. I don't know why my mind is that way. I can't help, but don't get mad at me.
Speaker 3: Even that is like people are gonna say, I'm pathetic, but.
Speaker 1: They will then well, like why does she always have to be the best? Nikki always thinks like even when she is the best, it's not good enough, and then she wants to be the best, and she can't even celebrate other people. She has to mute other people because she's so desperate for attention, and lif like.
Speaker 3: Celebrate other people. You do great celebrating other people.
Speaker 1: I do, but it's really hard for it. It would have been really hard for me to be not considered the best last night and and but generally the other rows I've done there haven't been like these like you are the like there are one these there are moments of that.
Speaker 4: And what I said came true. What I said the night before outside the laugh Factory after your last set, And it wasn't the night before, yes, it was the night before, after the laugh Factor. I said this is going to solidify you as the best roaster that is alive, and there there will not It will not.
Speaker 3: Be peace nor McDonald and gregs are in the future.
Speaker 4: In the future, there cannot be a roast without Nicky Glazer. If your Nicky's not there, then it's not even a roast.
Speaker 1: That's so nice. That's what I really wanted, was just like I just want to invite to the next one, and I think I have one.
Speaker 2: If you're not there, it's not a roast.
Speaker 1: It's like how they can forget by the next time. You you don't understand, like tould, they can convince they can forget by the next time five years. It was five years since the last one and where I killed And it was not a it was not a non negotiable that.
Speaker 3: Would be You made a really good point earlier. This was this was live, so you used to do the roast and they would they would happen and everybody'd be like that was great.
Speaker 1: And it would be public. There was a lot people talking about it. The next day, there's a lot of publications about it, like rumors about what's it going to be like this?
Speaker 2: Who was there?
Speaker 3: And then and then they go into an edit and they make everybody look as good as possible, you know they. I know the guy who edits it. He's a brilliant man and he does things that make everybody look like they just crush. Yes, And this was really interesting because not only were the people who are you know, like the people who choose these things, were in the room and experience it live, the reaction was happening live as well.
Speaker 4: Another brilliant stroke by Netflix. Yeah, to make this live.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what.
Speaker 1: Who had the best joke about it? Jeff had said that it was God. I fucking love Jeff Ross's set. I really like I thought he he got back to the couch and I said, I think that's I'm gonna I'm I'm nicky. If you're listening to this in the future and you're preparing for roast, go watch Jeff Ross's roast set from the Tom Brady Roast. Don't forget that you said, watch that again, because that was fucking masterful. It was. There were so many and you there was so much show that happened after him that he's getting eclipsed and being talked. I have to say, but he he really had insane But he had this joke about saying it was like this is a Boston night. He was like something about it being like a night like this classic Boston. There, it's gonna be a marathon and someone's gonna bomb was.
Speaker 3: He also has a mastery of the space and the room. The way he's playing with all the people on stage in the entire room.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's so fun.
Speaker 4: He's I mean, tom Brady had that nine to eleven joke. I mean that was also shocking. Okay, how edgy tom Brady was. Just seeing Tom Brady say fuck you Jets then give the crowd the middle finger.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 1: There was some wild moments last night that I was even like, I can't believe people went there. We're gonna talk about it when we get back from break, and we're also going to talk about why we are so glad my mom went to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: At one point in the evening. When we get back and we're back, let's quickly, let's just close the loop. Let's close the loop on.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I met the party and my mom and Chappelle comes up. Chappelle's just there. I didn't even see that.
Speaker 4: He's at every single cool event that exists in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: He's always there.
Speaker 3: He's so cool. I mean, he's let's be honest, he's the key, is the goat.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's the Goat, and he's the king of Hollywood. He is the coolest person.
Speaker 1: Alive and he absolutely is and so kind. And I've you know, I've run into him over the years. In fact, I did. We you know, I remember every moment I've ever even crossed paths with him. But we had like he was really nice to me at this brunch at the Comedy Seller one day when he didn't need to be and was just listening to me and asking me follow up questions and just I just felt like, man, that was special. That's all I've ever needed from him. And then I did the Tonight Show on Zoom in twenty twenty one, Wow, And I was the second guest. He was the first guest, and he wasn't He didn't need to stay. When you get off of Zoom, Like when you're on a show, even when you're there in person, a lot of times, the first guest literally leaves. This isn't like the Graham Norton show. Everyone stays on the couch, and certainly when it's on zoom. He stayed on the zoom through for the for the second for the rest of the show and watched my set. That's amazing and told someone to tell me what a great job I did, and like, watched my interview. It's not like I did, it's comedy, said, he just watched my interview and so I've always loved him since then. And then last night, I oh, And then no, we were at Ted Sarandos's house at a brunch on Saturday, two days before the roast, just two days ago. Even though a week we're at Ted Sarandos's house with literally comedy, with all of comedy, every single person in comedy.
Speaker 3: It was extraordinary.
Speaker 1: You were supposed to go, Brian, because you were going to be Tim Dillanon's post one, but Tim Dillon had to go to New York last minute and so wasn't able to go. And and because Tim Dillon pulled out of the event and Brian had been already approved to be a plus one, Brian got an email from who.
Speaker 4: From an assistant of somebody that said you are no longer attending period of.
Speaker 1: Email, and Chris and I were dissecting that, being like, why would they meet.
Speaker 3: Why why is all the wood?
Speaker 1: So I mean, but we get it because there are people that would still go in this business and would like try to find a way in. But I was a plus one and like sneak in somehow. Of course you're not take their risks, so we would have loved it. But we go to this event and every literally everyone in comedy is there. We take a group picture at one point with like a hundred comedians and we're all lined up in ten Surranders is like you know indoor pool area, like you know, like when all the buildings like a.
Speaker 2: Courtyard, classic courtyard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we all lined up and they have risers for us like high school. And I made the joke to my section of people, like because there were some people that are being really loud in the front and like we need the attention, and they were like laying across everyone and joking. And then there were people and then there were people like me and others that were just like on the side kind of like I don't I don't need to billy be in this and I'll just have like the side of my head. I don't even know. They'll be fine if they can see a little tuft of hair. I don't care. And I've said, if you just snapped your fingers and put us all in high school, we would be in the exact same spots, all of us, because it's like we they felt so high school. Yeah, and then Mosha, I guess in his section. I heard about it later from other peoples. Botha cash or made the joke that if they mowed us all down, they were like. He was like, maybe they brought us here to just murder us all and they're just gonna do a reset on comedy. They need to just like press, you know, press them when the computer's not working anymore.
Speaker 3: Just shut it.
Speaker 1: I'll hold it down, cause a harsh restart. So then when I was walking away from that, we've took the photos and we were walking out, then Chappelle came up to me and was like the brunch, Yes, I watched what you do. I've watched you the year's big fan of what you do. Things like that. I mean I really blacked it out because I couldn't function with him talking. Yeah, And I was getting ready to talk to Bo Burnham. I was getting ready to like I love you, you know, like because there was a little bit of like, but I felt like Bo was like giving me an inn because we've never met before, but obviously we're aware of each other. We should know each other, and I'm obviously huge Bo Burnham fan. So I was about to go like, hey, Bo, and then Chappelle was like, all of a sudden, he was just there. I didn't even know he was at the thing.
Speaker 3: Yet that gives everybody an idea of what this party was, Like, NICKI was going to talk to Bo and.
Speaker 1: Chappelle was right there, yes, and then yeah, and I was like John Stewart, hold my purse, and so it was just everyone was there. But Chappelle stopped and said some stuff, and I just was like, I just said that means more to me than anything that's ever meant things to me. Like I just said some but I was just like, think you just like a.
Speaker 2: Bow Taylor Swift lyrics.
Speaker 1: I mean I was I'm trying to think of what would be the perfect one. I love her. I sang lover to him, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll go where you go, Ohio.
Speaker 1: And then last night I had that moment and he came up to me again at the party last night and said I'd said it to you yesterday. I want to say it again. Great job tonight. I watch every I watch what you do. I've been watching you, and I go, I love you. Can I come to Ohio? Can I come to your farm sometime? I've been watching it from Afar? I want to go.
Speaker 3: You know. I was like, I feel I go.
Speaker 1: I know you don't need any more friends, but I feel like i'd be a good we'd be good friends. And he was like, I would love it. I would love it. And then he's like, you know, he's very emphatic about it. He's like, yes, why haven't you been there? Why you want to go?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: And then he said I'll have my people reach out to you. He'll make it happen. And then I just wanted to collapse. I was just the happiest I could ever be. That's the picture I posted. Was at the party. And then we went after the party to my green room.
Speaker 3: The female green.
Speaker 1: Yes it was it said female on the door because it was you know, it just said females, just female.
Speaker 3: I think they stole a sign.
Speaker 1: From a bathroom.
Speaker 2: It is unreal.
Speaker 1: It's just a female. Everyone else had their names on doors, yeah, but ours just said female it was me and Sam Jay.
Speaker 3: But it's so weird, it's insane.
Speaker 1: It was I don't I don't know. It was like chat GBT made the signs or so like I don't know how that.
Speaker 2: Got Yeah, okay, male, Yeah, respect there.
Speaker 1: Weren't And it wasn't like there were tampons in the rooms. There was nothing about the room that was like.
Speaker 4: This is you and Sam Jay well in the in their defense, just to try to figure this out, maybe they were like, we need to show a little bit more deference to this room because there's females in here who might be changing.
Speaker 3: It wasn't anymore. No, I think it was more about like anonymity so people wouldn't bother and.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh there was like Gronk on the other things it said Gronkowski and Edelman and Moss.
Speaker 3: But then some people's doors had initials.
Speaker 2: Let's tell you could figure that out.
Speaker 4: I guess people could figure out the female too, Yeah there's a female.
Speaker 3: That bit of anonymity. Yeah, okay, maybe we're in the female room.
Speaker 1: We're in the female room, and we're just hanging out afterwards, like kind of chilling before we went left the whole premises because the after party was inside the Forum. We went back to my groom room to collect myself to go home.
Speaker 3: The Forum Club, which by the way, was it's like a famous place at the Forum where like the Lakers used to party after games. Yeah, like Playboy bunnies, you all, these are such a cool party, too cool.
Speaker 1: It was good music and good food, good food and cookies with Tom's face on him.
Speaker 2: I like took so many of those cookies.
Speaker 3: I took so many too, dope.
Speaker 1: I took a bunch of kid and I was like, oh, my mom's gonna love these cookies to like have to bring back home and we'll, you know, she'll save them and stuff. And so I gathered a bunch and then I went to she's, you know, kind of half in the bag, and so I went in her bag to she's talking to me being like, Nikki, I love you, you know. I opened her bag to put her cookies in and there's like six cookies already, and I was like, oh, this bitch't beat me to it.
Speaker 3: She's honest, cookies for three hours?
Speaker 1: My mom, will my mom going, are these free? You could just take these?
Speaker 3: Nikki?
Speaker 1: Look what I got? Okay, she showed me those cookies. So many times I go, I know you have them. I already yes. But so we're hanging out in that room. Bert Kryscher comes by with his wife, Tom Sugura pops in. Everyone's kind of like making their way out. Gronkowski you know, was walking, you know, we were all and your mom's jawn back and forth with all that. Oh she's and I'm having to kind of put my hand on her and go, mom, no more like she kind of knows. Like she kind of starts telling a story, and I just go, we're good. We're going on that, and she's hilarious. And I felt bad doing that, but she was she kind of knows. I just kept reminding her, like, you're my guest, Like I if I'm gonna have another drink, I want another drink. I think I flew you here. I think I'm paying for everything. And I never liked to wave that I'm paying flag, but I certainly did last night when it was about the drinking.
Speaker 2: And but so.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you know, every time someone comes in, I'm just like please, like just like, don't engage my mom, Like it's just going to go on longer than you want. And it's not her best, showing like she's just one drink over the limit where someone's like fun and my mom is the I just want to caveat this. She's the greatest person. I am, the reason I am because of my mom and I love her so much. But then my mom goes final thought. My mom goes to the bathroom at one point, into the female bathroom, and we kind of forget she's in there even And then at that moment, Chris decides to take off his shirt because he's changing back from into his T shirt from his button up shirt, and the doors kind of open a jar, and all I hear is is this guy trying to steal Bert Kreischer's act. It's Dave Chappelle walks in, sees Chris comes into the room, says hello again to me, yep, talking to all of us, my dad that's talking about Ohio with him, He is, what else were they talking?
Speaker 3: I mean, I was just like, I couldn't have a stupid great He was just amazing. The best compliment you can give somebody, I think, is to say that person seems happy, and Dave seems happy. He was just so jovial and kind to you. So happy, so cool, and then.
Speaker 1: He left and wasn't like I'm Dave Schappelle. Like he's obviously aware of what he is and what he means to people, because as I was saying, like I love you so much, and you know, there's like a graciousness, like he's just a he just reminds me of like a Gandhi type figure, like a religious figure. Is how I feel when he talks as well. Yeah, I feel like there's gospel and.
Speaker 2: His comedy has evolved to preaching in a way.
Speaker 1: And just the way he holds himself like he's a tall, like formative figure of a man. But the way he just he's he's he just he.
Speaker 3: He just seems like the Dali Lama of comedy.
Speaker 4: I mean, he really is like the a representative diplomat of comedy. Is he is the representative embodied of comedy. He is I can't think of the word.
Speaker 1: There's so much kindness exuding from him. It's like I just feel like there's so many people in this business that just get rotten and become and and act like they're like really nice people or just aren't who they are, And I just think he is who he is and then he leaves and he stays for probably three minutes, four minutes.
Speaker 3: A decent amount of time, A big amount of time, yeah, a substantial enough amount of time that when at one.
Speaker 1: Point while he's there, I go, where did my mom go? Like I can feel that she's not here because this is all going so well and so, but there's a moment where I go, where is my I don't even know that she's gone in the bathroom. I didn't know she went in there. And then Dashabelle walks out, says good night, we al say good night, and the second he walks out, my mom goes while that bathroom's amazing, Nick, did you see it in there?
Speaker 3: And soap in there?
Speaker 1: Did you see those napkins on take? And we just are We all look at each other like we just died such a bullet. I was just like, oh my god. And my mom's just kind of like what And I'm like, we'll tell you later, Like I don't even want it, because I knew she would be like where is he? She would probably like run back down the hallway, So we didn't even tell her till we were in the car and she goes when was Stave Chappelle there freaking out. My dad goes, I told you he was right there, and I go, no, we didn't, dad, We all missed Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 3: She was, so when did he?
Speaker 1: And I go, you were in the bathroom, and I go, I don't know what you were doing in there, because she was in there for a while. But she was like, I did not go number two in that bathroom. I don't know, And I go, I don't know what you were doing then, but I love that your pants were complicated or whatever the fuck was happening. So yeah, in two you know, tomorrow's podcast, which we were recording in two days, but we recorded this one on Monday, just so you could know. Listener, we will get into more joke specific stuff and just more things of the night.
Speaker 3: But I mean, boy was fine. There's so many funny things to talk about.
Speaker 1: I've changed today. I woke up a different human being point one point one. Let's just check it, see if anything nobody can believe it. I'm still at one point one, hasn't dropped. Let's see if anyone interesting new has DMed me. Let's see, Uh, Aaron Foster, I don't know, she's someone who's Uh, I've always wanted to think I was cool.
Speaker 3: You know what, Let's get Jack Robbins on board here. Who's Jack Robins, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon's son. He's done some funny videos that I've liked recently. Okay, right, I want Jack Robbins.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, this controversial figure Dave Portnoy on Twitter. Yes, that you were the number one, number one set of the night.
Speaker 3: He's the barstool barstool sports guy.
Speaker 1: That's I will say. The funniest thing that God said to me a lot night Andrew Schultz, who had an amazing set and who.
Speaker 2: Like incredibly gracious.
Speaker 1: Yeah really and through me of a compliment in the middle of his set. Thank you so much, Andrew, and and and I talked to him afterwards, and we both talked about how, you know, we both worked really hard on this, and I could tell he worked hard as well. He had some fucking amazing.
Speaker 3: Jokes, and he just if.
Speaker 1: He would have had my spot, we might be having a different conversation today like it was he went later on in the show, which is a much harder spot to be in.
Speaker 3: And I will always give him that audiences can't handle over two and a half and he was. He was on after the two hour mark. Yeah, he was after the two hour mark. Yeah, and yeah he was. But yeah, he was great. I was trying to find him after the show.
Speaker 1: He was awesome. But he said to me he believes what did he say? Hold on, I have to get it right. He believes, he said. The fact that anyone know, he said, the fact that anyone is saying that we both had the sets of the night makes me believe in sexism because you clearly did and they're not giving you the credit that you deserve.
Speaker 3: And that really made me laugh.
Speaker 1: He was like, like, for a guy who's like kind of known for like having a podcast that is maybe geared towards men who are not as uh, you know, comfortable admitting that there's you know, inherent sexism in the world, but for him to say finally I'm on board, which he was obviously joking, He's like bored because like I am, I know there's sexism, now for the idea that anyone thinks we are equal and waiting for me to have So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard a lot about it, but I haven't seen it. I'll talk to you Andrew about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I just I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I got to go to another podcast. I'm going to do Tiger Belly.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I gotta bring it.
Speaker 1: I love it so much. I'm just going to giggle the whole time. Yeah, it was so much fun. Thank you guys, Thank you Brian, thank you Chris, thank you so much for everything leading up to this. Of course, could not literally could not have done it without perfectual.
Speaker 3: More roast chat on the next podcast, right, because there's so much funny stuff that we stuff to cover. Yes, there's so much, and I hope I remember to get to it. Thank you guys for listening.
Speaker 1: What I don't know, what's happening. I do. We're ending the show. Thank you guys for listening. Dobika and I'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye,