Speaker 1: Hey, they're folks. It is Thursday, July seventeenth, and the lead prosecutor who brought the case against Sean Ditty Combs has been fired. Forget this. Nobody thinks it has anything to do with the fact that she essentially lost that case. Welcome everybody to this episode of Amy and TJ. Robes have been We followed that case so closely, the Ditty trial. We wake up, see the headlines Marine Komi has been fired, so we automatically obviously she's been top of mind for three months now with this case. But it has nothing to do with Ditty.
Speaker 2: They're arguing, right, Well, it's funny because obviously that's where we've heard her name most recently, most often. And yes, Diddy was acquitted of the most serious charges. So my mind, fresh on top of my mind, was that she must have been fired because of that. But when you look at the headlines every single news outlet, they don't even mention Didty. In the headlines they mentioned her father, who I actually, I'm going to admit I did not know. But now it makes a lot of sense that the former FBI director James Comy is her father. Yes, that same former FBI director who Trump cannot stand and who cannot stand Trump. Do you think, well, maybe just you know, a few writings in the sand might have just illustrated perhaps we can get into that there beef that has continued, and now he's actually being investigated, So we digress. But yes, the Epstein, the Epstein case. She was a lead prosecutor in the Jeffrey Epstein case and the Gallaine Maxwell case.
Speaker 1: And she won the Glaine Maxwell case. We don't know what would have happened with Epstein. Of course, he died in prison by suicide, but the did He trial?
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 2: Though? Did he?
Speaker 1: I'm kidding, don't you start that stuff now?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was just turning the pot. Sturn the pot.
Speaker 1: They said he died by suicide. Okay, but the did He trial? This was a stinging defeat for that office, and office that doesn't lose a lot. This was a very high profile loss for them. Loss meaning he got off on the most serious charges. But you look at that and they, I mean they had egg on their face. They looked bad. So when you think, like wow, it almost made sense. Take away the Glain Maxwell, excuse me, take away the Epstein and the Komi stuff. But her Dad, is that it's not supposed to be a fireable offense to lose a case.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I mean, if you're a prosecutor and you have to fear losing your job each and every time you lose a case, that would be an untenable position to hold because you'd be in constant worry and under constant threat that you were going to be fired.
Speaker 3: So that can't be the case.
Speaker 2: Also, of note, which was confusing when we first heard this this morning that she had been fired. There's still a lot of work to be done in the prosecutor's office.
Speaker 3: This case is not over.
Speaker 2: Sentencing still has to take place, and then of course there is going to be an appeal. So why not have your prosecutor, you're one of your lead prosecutors, who knows the case backwards and forwards, continue to see it through, at least through SENI and seeing, but also with the appeals that are absolutely.
Speaker 3: Sure to come.
Speaker 1: We know as recently as a couple I mean, who knows how many days it's been, as of a couple of weeks, she was talking to the judge and submitting paperwork having to do with ditty. She was very much active in seeing this thing through. She's out of there. Now what that does to that case, I don't know what impact that could have. But for us to have watched her and to have kept up with her and kept up with that trial, our miles kind of dropped that the person who has been leading this charge and still a lot of fighting, fighting and back and forth between Diddy's lawyers and the prosecutors still to be done, and the person leading the charge is out of there. But all of that said, so, I don't see anywhere where anybody is suggesting that her firing has anything to do with Sean Diecombs.
Speaker 2: No. In fact, I haven't seen one or heard one mention of it. They've just thrown out there oh yes, and by the way, it was almost, oh, we forgot to mention she was also the lead prosecutor in the recent Ditty trial.
Speaker 3: It was not at the top.
Speaker 2: Of anyone's minds in terms of why she possibly could have been fired, and it hasn't been stated directly. No one has said why she has been fired, although it has been interesting reading so many of these articles about why she was fired, and they did talk about a memo that was accompanying her firing, and it was referring to a power of the president, so it did certainly imply so there was a memo, according to sources, that she was being dismissed pursuant to Article two of the US Constitution. Article two of the US Constitution is the portion of the Constitution that lays out the president's powers. So one could infer people have been inferring that perhaps this goes all the way up to President Trump.
Speaker 1: And look, the President has been on a firing spree at the Justice Department since he came back into office because so many the folks there was named Jack Smith, had investigations, a couple of investigations into President Trump before he became president again, and I mean dozens of folks at the Justice Department have been let go, including prosecutors, people who worked on those investigations. So it's not odd to see that the president has fired somebody from the Justice Department. However, who this woman is, Maureen Comy. Yes, you maybe only got to know her because of the Diddy trial, But folks, we assure you this woman is a stud in that office. She is a top prosecutor. You don't get plucked and selected to try Diddy to try Epstein and to try Gallaine Maxwell. If you don't know what you're doing. She got those rolls. Those she knows what she's doing, and they have a stellar record, they say, winning record at the Southern District where she works.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for ten years she's been working there. Harvard Law graduate, obviously knows what she's doing. Comes from a family who is very well entrenched in politics and big stories and certainly big cases. This is nothing that she would have ever shied away from, and was seemingly not just fit for the job, but very qualified for the job.
Speaker 1: This is a capable lady. Yes, this is a very capable woman. And reminder at the trial, at least the highlights frobes. You just reminded me a moment ago before we started recording. She handled a lot of the questioning of Jane. Who didn't Jane spend the most time on the stand.
Speaker 2: She was up there longer than Cassi, even Toura fine was she was up there longer than me. I was, so yes, Jane I believe was the witness who testified the longest, and it did he trial.
Speaker 1: So she handled some of that questioning and Rose is not I mean, I don't want to say they put all they weighed too much with this. But the last voice that the jury heard before they went for deliberation deliberations Maureen Comy, because she handled the closing rebuttal. She was the last person to make an art argument to the jury, and.
Speaker 2: She actually took on a little bit of the snark that we saw from the defense team, because yes, Mark Agnifhillo, Yes, nailed his name finally after weeks and weeks of saying it.
Speaker 1: Who's the guy that plays with Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: Thunder Shae.
Speaker 2: Shae something with gorgeous Shay.
Speaker 1: I can't sorry for the folks, but if you've kept up with us, Robes has been working all season on Shay Gildos Alexander Alexander.
Speaker 2: I just won the tongue yet, No, I got Shay right because I was calling him shy first, So Shae gilgis Alexander. But yes, we digress talking about Mark agn So anyway, Mark Agnifillo in his closing arguments, if you remember, was very theatrical, very animated, very sarcastic, uh cracking jokes and poking fun at the prosecution's case against Ditty, and it resonated with her and I'm sure the prosecuted prosecutor's office, who had a fairly dry closing argument.
Speaker 3: She came up.
Speaker 2: Marine Komi comes up then for the rebuttal, and she starts getting animated, and she starts kind of mirroring a little bit of what we saw from Mark Agnaphillo.
Speaker 3: So she knew what to do and she brought it home.
Speaker 2: They always say you save your best for last right, so she yes, she was the final voice of the prosecution for the ditty trial.
Speaker 1: And here we are. I don't think anyone was calling for her to be fired. There wasn't some huge somebody going off out there, some huge public outcry about she should lose her job because she didn't get the convictions for dating. Nobody was saying that. However, people have Rob's been calling for her to be fired for a different reason, and that is because she handled the Jeffrey Epstein case. She just happens to be tied up now in what Trump's tied up in, which is a Mago revolt that I'm sure you all and seeing the President has gone off on some of his supporters, even calling them past supporters who are following for this Maga hoax excuse me this Epstein hoax from the Democrat, so she now robes out. I think a lot of people are speculating that she was just so closely tied to that, and because she was, and because the president is dealing what he's dealing with with his supporters, that he's trying to I don't know, not necessarily scapegoaterer, but kind of wiping the slate clean to a certain degree of peak, just getting people out. So they're saying her connection to Epstein is one of the main reasons she's out of them.
Speaker 2: So earlier this week, Politico actually referenced her in their article about all of this, about the MAGA uproar folks just not believing that there isn't an Epstein client list. They believe there's a cover up. They believe that he was murdered in prison. They believe he did not die by suicide. But Maureen Comy had argued and has argued against the disclosure of these investigative records that are in the court but are sealed documents. Of course, the MAGA folks want all of that unsealed. But it makes sense why Maureene Comy would want these records sealed, because they believe there's a lot of information in there, and of course there is a lot of information in there that should be private. We're talking about sexual assault victims, we're talking about minors. These are sensitive cases victims of sexual violence. So that is standard operating procedure. It's not about some cover up to make sure the public never finds out what's inside these cases. They're actually trying to protect victims. And so they also said also of note, and why she another reason why she might not want any of these records being released is because Galainne Maxwell is likely and is going it actually isn't likely, has already appealed her conviction, so this stuff is going to come back up during the appeals process that she doesn't want made public.
Speaker 1: Everything you said makes sense from a prosecutor standpoint, that's going to impact my case. If I release all these documents unseal them. That actually makes sense. Nobody's going to buy that. No, No, okay, I say conspiracy theorists. They call themselves truth seekers, fine, and nobody is ever going to believe. I really do think you could open the Epstein room with all the files and let the whole public go in, and nobody is still going to believe anything other than what they believe, which is that he was murdered. And there is a long list of influential people out there that just exists.
Speaker 2: Look, and the truth is, I think most people know or a lot of people have heard about my hot mic moment. And I had been frustrated at my former network for not being able to put out these stories about Jeffrey Epstein before this all came to light with one of the victims, Virginia.
Speaker 3: And you know, every one of these victims have very.
Speaker 2: Different experiences, and they told their truth to police, they told their truth to the courts, and a lot of these documents were sealed. So there has been a lot there has been a major problem with transparency in the years leading up to Epstein even being arrest and then put behind bars. But there there's a fair amount of skepticism, and I would say that it's a fair thing for a lot of folks to be skeptical about what information has gotten out because there were a lot of powerful people implicated or names were brought up, and so then to just say, oh, nope, there's no list, there's no indication of any powerful person being on Epstein's computer or on the payroll or being a part of any on his planes. Like there's just it's hard to imagine that there isn't some sort of Maybe there isn't a formal list, but it's hard to imagine there isn't some sort of information that does have names on it.
Speaker 1: I get, I don't know. I mean, at this point, nobody out trust and who do you believe? Who has seen it? Who knows does it? Is it really just? I mean the President called it a hoax that by call me her dad rather changed comy, and President Obama.
Speaker 3: A hoax too, and Biden too to create.
Speaker 1: Some just mindset put out there that it's some list and people you dangle it in front of them like a rabbit in front of great hand, and they're just gonna chaste and they're not gonna stop. And it's working actually if that's the case. But you talk about skepticism, at what point do skepticism become go from healthy skepticism to unhealthy?
Speaker 3: That's that's a fair point.
Speaker 1: At what point do you have to believe something or stop something or I don't know that answer.
Speaker 2: Nothing pisses people off more though, I think in this country and probably around the world to think that powerful people with a lot of money can protect themselves no matter what, and you're never gonna find out because they have enough money and have enough power to protect not just themselves, but they're other rich, powerful friends and it's in us versus them situation. And this is how conspiracy theories begin. And they might begin with truth, but then they do sometimes balloon and become something larger than they ever were meant to be. It's just it's tough to find out where the truth is, you know. I have skepticism about all of this. I don't know where you stand, but certainly I do with the interviews that I had done and the research I had done for several years, I have skepticism.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: So they might be truthful when they say there isn't a client list, but it's hard for me to imagine that there aren't documents, there isn't something, There wasn't something they found they raided his homes that didn't have some sort of connection to people who don't want their names getting out.
Speaker 1: The idea there is that somebody is being protected and in some way, some powerful person is being protected in some way, Maureen Comy might have had a hand in some of that. Even if she isn't conspiring with people to do it, she's at least saying, we don't want these documents to get out, and she has her reasons for it, and so maybe she got caught up in all that. Now that was one reason they're talking about. The other reason her daddy.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everyone to this edition of Amy and TJ, where we are talking about more Comy. She has been fired from her job as a lead prosecutor in the Southern District of New York. She's been with the office for ten years. She's the daughter of James Comy. She was also a lead prosecutor in the Epstein case, in the Glene Maxwell case, and of course in the Sean Diddy Comb's case. And a lot of people are just trying to figure out why why she was suddenly let go on Wednesday after having all of that experience and having had a stellar reputation. It's unclear right now, but a lot of folks are pointing to her father, James Comy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have to say that as of this recording, at least, there has been no official word from anybody explaining why but it sucks when your last name is Comy. Yeah, and you work in the Justice Department, which is under the Trump administration of a president who absolutely hates your dad. Correct, what is she supposed to do? James has been one of the top five public nemesis for sure Trump.
Speaker 2: And it only got worse back in May when her father, James Comy, decided to post something on social media on vacation.
Speaker 3: He was at the beach.
Speaker 2: He should just be enjoying his time off.
Speaker 1: That tells you a lot about this relationship. He's on the beach on vacation.
Speaker 2: Still he Trump, and he's arranging seashells. And he didn't find them that way as he tried to say, he just happened upon seashells.
Speaker 1: Did he say that he found him the way he said?
Speaker 2: He just he was just saying, I want look what I found on the beach. I mean, he was probably saying it with his tongue, tongue.
Speaker 3: In his cheek.
Speaker 2: But still, I mean, we all know he put those shells in the formation of eight six four seven, eighty six forty seven.
Speaker 3: You can figure out it's not too hard.
Speaker 2: The eighty six something is to kill something and forty seven, the number of Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: He's the forty seventh.
Speaker 2: The president states, he's saying, oh, I didn't mean that, I wasn't trying to incite violence, and look they went. I do believe that he probably was saying get rid of forty seven, which also seems a little childish for the former FBI director to be saying get rid of Donald Trump with seashells that you know, so you can say it is silly, stupid mistake. But he actually is being investigated for a call to violence against like an assassination attempt against President Trump. That's how seriously the Justice Department and the FBI said they were taking it.
Speaker 3: So, yes, he is currently under investigation by the Trump administration for inciting violence against the president of the United States.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Now his daughter just got fired.
Speaker 1: He said it was mad, that was med. So that was a couple of months ago. This goes back to friaking twenty seventeen. Trump first term came into office. Call me Me was the FBI director who had been appointed by President Obama. Before that, he was in the Justice Department serving under George W.
Speaker 2: Bush.
Speaker 1: So the guy has been around and has some experience. Trump asked him for his loyalty. The way Comy tells this story, they were at some event and Trump he was Trump, and his people asked him they wanted him to be loyal. He was so disturbed by that interaction that he went and made like a record of it. And then over the years he has been slowly putting out stuff and exposing some of the things from behind the scenes. He's been highly critical of the President, and the President eventually fired him. But that history goes back and forth. We're talking almost that's eight plus years that these two have been going at it publicly in some way. Comy wrote a book in where she called the president ego driven at some point. So these two just don't like each other. And now the Justice Department, the FBI questioned him about the Shales thing. But there's another investigation they've confirmed is going on, having to possibly do with Russia.
Speaker 2: That goes back to twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: What are we These two don't like each Other's what I'm saying. So if Maureen Comy is working for a guy who hates her dad, and now the Epstein thing comes up and Trump is taking all kinds of heat for that, I got this woman here in the Justice debarment who was tied to Epstein. I already don't like her, daddy, and here we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a win win for him.
Speaker 2: He solved two problems by firing Maureen Kmy And that's just the truth of it.
Speaker 1: And we all know he's not funny. I'm sorry, I know I laugh at the way you put that.
Speaker 3: Cor Obviously, this is awful.
Speaker 1: A woman lost her job. I'm pretty sure she was passionate about the work she did and she worked really really hard at it. And so to have it in this way based on what not your performance, not something you did, not your record, not your you didn't even make a misstep and say something stupid. This woman ain't out there on TV every day.
Speaker 3: She's not saying she kept her.
Speaker 2: Head down to the whole thing. She was not seeking publicity. You have to say that about her. You think about the Diddy trial, all the publicity seekers there were who had different roles in there, even if they were like just satellite roles. She you never heard her ever do anything. So and look, the two of us, no more than anyone, what it's like to lose a job from a pr perspective, and that's exactly what's happening here, and it's you know, it made me very sad to see that someone who was qualified and a hard worker and had a stellar record losing her job because of politics and pr and perception and maybe even just because of one man.
Speaker 1: And nothing she actually did. It's I don't know this woman at all now, don't know anything about her background, nothing else. All I know is that she did her job and today she's out of that job. Look, she's gonna be fine. I'm sure she's gonna who knows what this is going to mean for her down the road. It's just it sucks that this is where we are and this is what we do and a woman who I don't know ropes prosecutors. I mean, we have to support them, applaud them. What do we I mean? I still, as much as we talk about the justice system, there are plenty of people out there in prosecutor's offices doing good work.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we.
Speaker 1: Need them to actually get bad people off the street.
Speaker 2: Yes. It's just a shame to think that this actually sends a message to prosecutors everywhere. We've talked a lot about Trump's influence on the media and what maybe now mainstream media networks are afraid to cover or are tailoring what they cover out of fear of lawsuits or retribution or access or denied access. Same thing with the prosecutor's office. That's also deeply concerning. If you're afraid you're going to lose your job if you do something the executive branch doesn't like. That's a scary, scary thing. And this is actually a little frightening when you take it in a macro view. It's a little concerning about what this means about the different arms of government and its influence on media and on the justice side and all that.
Speaker 1: We still have to wonder what it means for the ditty case. Yes, look, there is a battle going on in argument over how much time this man should have been in prison. Does it make an impact and not have her a part of that.
Speaker 3: It has to have an impact. It has to have an impact.
Speaker 2: She had to know that case backwards and forwards as one of the lead prosecutors, one of the lead solicitors in this.
Speaker 3: So you know, we shall see.
Speaker 2: I'll be curious to see if the defense, if anyone else has a comment about this firing and what it may mean for the ditty trial going forward, but we will of course continue to cover all the ins and outs leading up to sentencing and beyond, So thank you for listening to us. As always, I'm Amy roboch On, behalf of my partner t J. Holmes.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, everybody,