Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I was a casting director for film and TV and commercials for over thirty years. I transitioned to a celebrity acting coach after I cast a film New Jersey Drive with executive producers Spike Lee and director Nick Domez. I auditioned every rapper from biggiees Balls to Tupac, and I realized that rappers and musical artists they needed help transitioning to acting. My clients consist of musical artists from Buster Rhymes to Eve, Missy Elliott, Angela Yee from The Breakfast Club, and Vanessa Simmons, to name a few. I also coach sports stars and host as well. I feel I have the best of both worlds. As a casting director, I know exactly what they're looking for, and as an acting coach, I can coach you to be remembered in that room.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know. I know actors want to get the job. I get that, but being remembered by a casting director that is powerful. Meditation of the day. What you ought to do, you should do, and what you should do you ought to do. Oprah Winfrey one of my biggest fears was that I would be sixty something years old sitting in a rocking chair saying.
Speaker 3: I should have, would have, could have.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not afraid of that anymore because I challenge myself in my life. I don't limit myself to what I think I can do. I try to do it all. Everyone should stretch themselves and discover the different heights that you can reach. Life is meant to live, so explore it because you never know. I will open my mind to new experiences.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Spirited Active Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I am delighted. Are you delighted today? I am so delighted to introduce you. And I know many of our listeners know who this woman is. She is one of truly one of my favorite actresses and people. Just you'll you'll hear her spirit, you'll fall in love with her. In twenty eight minutes, guaranteed, ladies and gentlemen, I want to bring to you actress extraordinary Alicia Joy How.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for being on the show.
Speaker 1: I couldn't wait to have you on you You are a very important guest to me because all of my guests, I don't want.
Speaker 4: To negate anybody.
Speaker 2: But you.
Speaker 3: Have such a beautiful spirit like people.
Speaker 1: I have seen people attached to you your spirit, and I.
Speaker 3: Remember my first introduction.
Speaker 1: I did not even know you, but I felt like I had known you for centuries. You are a fabulous actress. I want to jump right into it. Let's talk about the beginnings Oflicia. How did this start for you?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it started before it started. My dad was an actor before me. I just lost him in the beginning of this month.
Speaker 3: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 5: You thank you so much, but yeah, I grew up watching my dad. The funny part is is that I became my daddy's writing buddy because a child molester was stalking me when I was in the sixth grade and picking in my windows.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was crazy. And so it took like three nights for me to scream and let my daddy know somebody was in my window with a flashlight, and he chased the man down and the police caught him and everything, and come to find out, he had just gotten out of jail for molesting kids and they were around my age, and I didn't.
Speaker 4: Realize that this man had been following me for a month.
Speaker 5: And I grew up in Altadna, California, and it was very very free.
Speaker 4: We didn't we didn't lock our doors or nothing like that.
Speaker 5: So I he would he would come to my elementary school and then we had a pool, but we would go swim at the park pool, you know, to be with all our friends. I remembered him there. I remember him at the store, like, I remember him like all around the city like you know, and I was like, oh my god, that man was following me for like three months.
Speaker 4: But it was crazy.
Speaker 5: So after that, I think my dad felt like he needed to be attached to me a.
Speaker 4: Little bit more and kept me under his wing.
Speaker 5: And so that's when I would like go everywhere to the studio, you know, when he was shooting or you know he was doing a play, uh in the theater or even cast parties. Nice. Yeah, that's where I started. I started falling in love. And then I started writing.
Speaker 6: And making upscripts and stuff and then putting on putting them on at my school.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, so you fell in love and with the craft.
Speaker 3: But in creating that young yeah, I did.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 5: It was funny. I played Dorothy. I think I sang like eight songs. I don't think nobody else name.
Speaker 1: Wow, not only did you create, but you created your old work for yourself. Yes, we had we had the pleasure of interviewing Bill to class week amazing, and Bill said that this is the perfect opportunity for us to no longer wait on anybody else to give us an opportunity we can create for ourselves.
Speaker 3: And so that was such.
Speaker 1: A strong takeaway because you know, he didn't grow up and work in a time where people look like him, and he had those opportunities, but he continued to persevere and now you know legendary he'll do.
Speaker 4: I'm a story.
Speaker 3: Oh kay, tell us a he'll do story.
Speaker 4: The only time I fanned out, I was like, okay, So in La.
Speaker 5: I pulled up to the bank to chase and I was going to go to the ATM.
Speaker 6: And Bill was walking to the ATM, and I was like, I want.
Speaker 4: To go say hi to him.
Speaker 5: So bad, but I want to think I'm robbing him at the at it's real.
Speaker 4: Easy like and I was like, hey, I don't want.
Speaker 6: Your money, I just want to see Like he's such a he's such a kind spirit.
Speaker 3: He must have embraced you.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of amazing people, you have a plethora of work, and I always tell my actors to go to IMDb dot com for all of our guests to see their work. What was your journey like in terms of the roles in which you know you were auditioning for or the opportunities that were out there because you know today you are one of our favorite working actresses.
Speaker 3: How did you create that for yourself? It took a while.
Speaker 5: What I always tried to do was stay close to my representation. I would ask for what in LA, you can do this? If you do this in New York, might get arrested. Okay, wow, soup, that's.
Speaker 4: A different LA. At New York. LA, you have a meeting with your agent, you show up at your agents. I was in New York. You will get arrested. Okay. They do not play that. They was like, why you showed up here? I was like, I'm your client.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we don't do that. Why you show up here? I'm your clients Okay.
Speaker 4: I had to figure out the difference between LA and New York. Came from LA.
Speaker 5: But what I used to do is I used to have meetings once a year to like strategize like.
Speaker 4: Who you know, who I know? These are the people I want to work with.
Speaker 5: I would do my research because back then Hollywood Reporter had the product of the production charts and you can see who the mover and shakers were in the industry. Now it's a little bit harder, but you know, you really have to do your homework.
Speaker 4: Now you could.
Speaker 6: See like who's the writer, who's the director, who's the producer.
Speaker 5: You start seeing a link that certain people were getting.
Speaker 4: So today is like Michael B.
Speaker 5: Jordan and her people like that, A is like you know movers and shakers, you like IMDb and baby he got stuff in pre Yeah. So but that's what I used to do to try and get into some of the doors.
Speaker 3: And then that's very smart, very smart.
Speaker 4: But I did start out.
Speaker 5: And Bobby's Shaw Chance's studio, the baddest white chick I know in LA and she really makes stars. And on Thursday nights she used to have a showcase and everybody who's anybody in Hollywood would come through there to see what the.
Speaker 4: Town looked like. And I was there.
Speaker 6: We had a group of strong black actors that was bringing us in.
Speaker 4: You know, Skinner, Alan Maldonado.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was people like that and we were but J T.
Speaker 5: Jackson, there was some of us that was just doing it and so I got kind of known from that. People started coming in and it was like, you know, I want to see Alicia, you know. Because of my comedic timing, it wasn't until recently that I was able to mold my career in the way that I wanted to. As much as I love comedy, it's very off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: I love driving, you know this.
Speaker 5: I love Yeah, I love the work, and I don't usually get to exercise those muscles because I'm a cute, big black girl.
Speaker 4: You know, usually I want.
Speaker 5: To you know, they put me on the funnier side of things, you know, but I can make you crazy because.
Speaker 3: I've clean the dramatic muscle in you.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing I think that are some of our best actors are the comedic actors, because you don't get a chance to work the hustle, and then when you do, what happens is that you.
Speaker 3: Tend to really put your.
Speaker 4: Tonail in it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You go for the opportunities that much, and it's a blessing when you do. I belonged to the Black TV and Film Collective and so through there I was able to do a short that was incredibly dark. The character was likened to Carrie's mom, you.
Speaker 4: Know and Carrie, and they had Carrie like the blood.
Speaker 5: This character was like that, very super religious and super dark. And my son killed itself in the house. He shot herself in the house and I witnessed it. But I also had a six year old daughter at the time who witnessed it, and she ended up growing up wanting to be a lesbian, and so that turmoil that happened, and it was really really dark.
Speaker 4: So I invited my manager to the screening.
Speaker 5: I had no idea, Like some of my friends were like, whose voice is that?
Speaker 4: Like who is that? Wow? I've known, Like some of my girls was like, what the hell? Who is that?
Speaker 5: And because of that, I got my manager got me an audition for the Fred Hampton projects. Ryan Couger is one of the executive producers. Daniel Kolua is the lead. He plays Fred. I got to vote in and one of the biggest joys is I looked up everybody on the set was crying, even the cameraman.
Speaker 4: I ain't never seen nothing like that. I looked up and his white man was like, yeah, he was beat with with stuff down his face in the camera, and I'm like, oh you okay.
Speaker 1: He's like yeah, right, Well, when you afect the crew like that, because you know, most crew people are totally when you deal with you know, grips and gaffers, they're totally detached. Yeah, able to pull something that says a lot about your performance.
Speaker 5: I was just so grateful to be a part of that project. And then one thing that really moved me is I had researched the character because I'm trying to figure out is this fictional or this person?
Speaker 4: Because you know, it's Fred Hampton's story.
Speaker 5: Fred Hampton is a black panther that got kicked in the seventies in Chicago the police, got assassinated by the police, and so I played the mother of one of his henchmen, one of his followers.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: I found out.
Speaker 5: A day before I shot that he was a real person. I found this article that said everything about him.
Speaker 4: Man. I felt like I took.
Speaker 5: All the mothers that you know ever been through that, you know this time. You know, it was so funny because the day before we shot no. I think it was the day we shot the boy.
Speaker 4: That got shot by the police officer in his house.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, the female police officer, the yeah, she was.
Speaker 5: I think the verdict came in that day that I was shooting. Not only that, but what I did to kind of prepare, I would tell everybody about my son. I talked to the director and I said, can I tell you about my son?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: And that just put me in such a space, you know, and it felt like the atmosphere had changed.
Speaker 4: It felt like the atmosphere had.
Speaker 5: Changed, and the execs were on set and I stayed through.
Speaker 4: My whole shoot.
Speaker 5: Daniel Klure like never left my side, you know, never left after that first take.
Speaker 4: It was like, let me go get my cheer, I'm gonna sitting here with you, and like never left us.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a wonderful experience.
Speaker 1: It really was so and and just to know like what your process was for that, like you know that note right there, to go and talk to everybody about your son, that's you know, that's really great. Connecting and staying present, you know, that's what really amplifies that moment.
Speaker 4: It really helped, it made it made it very real for me.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to make it real for my audience and let them know some of your credits. I'm throwing out some credits here. She's been on the Shield, the TV series NYPD Blue, we have Scrubs, Desperate Housewives. Oh my god, I really want you guys to do your due diligence on Alicia Joy how and read her credits. This woman works Cain and abel I. Remember we reconnected. Everybody hates Chris. We reconnected. On Channel four it was the Mysteries of Laura right, and oh my god, there was a promo Ladies and gentlemen. I don't know if you saw the promo. I thought it was the fiercest promo that I had ever seen in primetime TV. Right, So Alicia, I will let you give us a setup because she was. It was And when I saw the first time I saw it.
Speaker 4: I was like, is that a week, sir? It's a whole That show is a whole story. That's a whole story. I would have promo had a lot of traction on it. It did, and I've been really really blessed. Like when I just hit her, I was I mean, I didn't have.
Speaker 5: A big role in a sitter but on the hill just I guess he just loved me, and he was taking my clips and promoting all over the place. And Samarrio Wiley who was on Oranges and New Black, I love her really, she was really above me.
Speaker 4: And Jonah took me on.
Speaker 5: The Wendy Williams Show and allowed me to be on the couch with him to promote the movie. And I was like, yeah, so like I've been really blessed in some of those things like that. But misters, the lad was a whole thing. I was with an agent I wasn't really happy with. I love her, but she she's just work it for me. But I went in for two words. I went in for two words, and me and Jesus went in there and said we're gonna work this thing. So when I when I went in, I did this whole rant. And so then they called me in and when I got to set, the director said. The director said, listen, I loved your audition tape.
Speaker 4: So I said, is that what we're doing? Because one more than two words what we're doing. He said, that is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, let's do this.
Speaker 4: When I looked up the extras, the guy that was on the monitor.
Speaker 5: Everybody was like cracking up and they were going crazy over They were like who are And then Debora Messing was like who are you?
Speaker 4: Where did you come from? Like what is going on right now?
Speaker 5: So fast forward, my agent gets this email. We want Alicia, but we don't know where to place her. And I said, please tell them that the boys need a nanny because on the bridge.
Speaker 4: I made him on the bridge and they're pining on each other.
Speaker 1: Right Hey, he was inta the Podesta Fountain in Central Park.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's so good, yes it was.
Speaker 5: So they was like, we want her, but we don't know where the place are. And I said, I told my agent tell him the kids don't have a nanny.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't do it. I said, are you kidding me right now? Are you? Well? No, let them kind of figure.
Speaker 5: It out and we'll just wait on them to get back to us. I said, oh no, oh no, no, no, no, it's time to take you know, my hands. I looked up mac g. Mac g was the director. Uh huh, oh my god, he's amazing.
Speaker 4: So I looked him up and I want him and I d m Tim the boy don't have a nanny.
Speaker 5: That's all I did. Next thing, you know, I got called in for wardrobe. I went to the studio and was in wardrobe. I've been in wardrobe for like an hour. All of a sudden, a group of people come, you got to.
Speaker 4: Come with us, hurry up, you got to come with us, come out, hurry up. And I'm like, well, what's going on? What's going on? So they take me to the room next door. I sit down. It's a table reading. I sit down. I didn't even know what was going on.
Speaker 5: I sit down to the script and I sit down to my name one the script and I came in right when she comes in, and I just I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: My agent didn't even tell me. They named her after me.
Speaker 5: Wow, Nanny Alicia, And I was like, look at Jesus, Look at Jesus. I mean, you know, that was one of those moments where I stepped out all the way and then I had to fire my agent.
Speaker 1: Bless her heart, but you know, agents and managers, unfortunately, there's a big turnaround in this industry.
Speaker 3: But I liked the fact that you.
Speaker 1: Took your own control of your career and you didn't allow fear to or any of that, or even your agents taught to stop you from doing what was instinctually in you. Because I watched the show because of you. You were the comic relief to me. You you that chromo And if you guys get a chance to go in the archives, they're on the bridge in Central Park. It's Vodesta Fountain and these two kids that they're urinating.
Speaker 3: And when I tell you, Alicia, is that Mandy no nonsense.
Speaker 1: It was more of what she did as opposed to what she said that was just hilarious and just from that problem. I just remember at that time people were talking to me about you and I was like, that's Alicia. I know, Alicia, but you know, it just felt like that gave you so much much more movement to soar even more, you know, because after that, I was like, you know, she's in la She's like you were all over the place as you are currently. So I know that we are in this isolation quarantine. We don't know what our next move is. How has it been for you in terms of you know, getting scripts or you know, how is your agent manager moving during this time for you?
Speaker 4: That's the scary part.
Speaker 5: But I have really been, you know, going to work during this time. I also want one thing is a pet project of mine. I'm also a doula.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, I was a nervous ask that.
Speaker 3: So I'm good okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And Nola and duel and a living hell.
Speaker 5: I was a nurse for twenty five years, so as long as I've been in the industry, I was an LPN and has some real interesting stories about that. But when I got Mysteries of Laura, I had to make a decision, and so I was trying to do things the right way and like go part time or whatever. And my super The thing is that acting has always been my number one job. Yes, and whenever I worked, they understood that, Look, this is.
Speaker 4: My number one job. But I'm here.
Speaker 5: While I'm here, I will do I was super nurse when I was working, right. I still have clients, some of my patients that still keep in touch with me. But I told my supervisor, listen, I got this show. I would like to go part time, but this is what it is. She told me I was never gonna be nothing, that this wasn't gonna pan out.
Speaker 3: I was stupid.
Speaker 5: She gave me a job, and now I'm choosing this over that. It's frivolous, I said, baby, I got to go. M Especially after that, Okay, I got so you go, you know, manage your feelings. But I got to go, you know, And that's when I had to make a decision. It was the first time in my in my career, in my life that I had to make a decision between the two, and I had to choose my first my first love.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So during this time, what I've.
Speaker 5: Been doing is I became a duela because of Judge Hatchet's story with her her Judge Hatchet, her daughter in law died in childbirth being neglected at one of the best hospitals in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: They left by herself to bleed out for eight hours.
Speaker 5: She and the attending doctor snuck out the back door and had residents.
Speaker 4: Go tell the family that she was no longer here. And because of that, I wanted.
Speaker 5: To get back into mommy's and babies because that's where I spent most of our time at obig I M So I found about doulas and I became a due. I was just a posed part of Dulah because I love babies. And then recently during this Corona time, right my birth, my birthday certificate. I just am going through my lactation certification. I take the test on Thursday for that, and I built a studio in my second bedroom so I can do voiceovers and podcasts because.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be acting somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes you are, Yes you are, and we feel we feel blessed to even have you on the show because I feel like, you know, once this is over, I don't know if I'll be able to catch up with you. There's going to be so much work available. Yes, we're going to have to make adjustments, but there is still going to be work out there. As Bruce said, this twenty minute, twenty eight minutes is gonna fly by, and it is flown.
Speaker 3: It's so sad.
Speaker 1: Oh No, listen, you will have enough because you are a great storyteller and they need to hear your stories. I do before we leave, which is so painful. I want you to bless us. I always ask my guests to leave us with some diamonds, jewels, whatever pearls you want to drop on these actors, whatever you feel like they need to know right now, let them know, because you've got nothing but wisdom coming out of you this moment.
Speaker 5: Right here the testament to how valuable relationships are in this business.
Speaker 4: People negate relationships.
Speaker 5: And it's so funny because most of the time that I been on a set, I have not been real close to other actors, but I've been really, really close to show runners. One of my favorite people right now is Child's Ki. I am in love man.
Speaker 3: I mean, he always up since he was at William Morris.
Speaker 4: He's the best that Hollywood has to offer. Y he does genuinely. He loves his family, is a great family man. But Nat dude, you know, just ate dude, great energy. My relationship with you that we've built, and no matter when we see each.
Speaker 3: Other, it's love. Stop loging her love.
Speaker 4: I just reconnected with a good friend of mine.
Speaker 5: I mean we always see each other, but we don't have time, and we're gonna be collaborating on some fashion stuff together. See Kelly, Who's an amazing actress. She is the amazing stage actress. But I have been surrounded by some amazing people who have loved me through this process. And I tell you, when I look on Facebook and somebody that I started out this whole ride with twenty five years ago is saying we are watching you.
Speaker 3: We are proud of you.
Speaker 4: You know what you're doing. We are watching you.
Speaker 5: Know. Relationships are everything, and please hold dear to them because you will meet these people over and over again.
Speaker 4: Some will champion you.
Speaker 5: Someoneill be praying for you, someone just be showing you love, and some just be beaming at home because of your progress.
Speaker 3: So you are a joy.
Speaker 9: Yes she is.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to put your hands together for miss Alicia joy Pal. She is a genuine one's spirit of brilliant actress and just such a giving spirit, just such a giving spirit. So we're going to have you back, Alicia, because we need to laugh some more too, and you are a bundle of literally joy.
Speaker 3: Her name, she is her name.
Speaker 4: So I love you. I adore you.
Speaker 3: You know that I love you too.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: You are my you are my favorite. We're going to work together and I can't wait. That's my dream and I'm going to manifest that. So we are still blessed to have Alicia is going to hang out with us for class in session. I just want to thank her for being on the show and we are going to extend another invitation so we can laugh some more with her. All right, so, and we'll be back on the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore with class in session. Welcome back to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracey More. And we're still blessed to have miss Alicia joy How with us and I'm very excited to have her here. So, yes, we have our spirit actor.
Speaker 3: Loumni lean A Moato.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alisa Capril, I'm.
Speaker 3: Doo walker hello, and I better put Junior on that too.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, So Alicia, we are going to read a scene called The Jokes On You, written by miss Leanna Motto, and these actors are going to put their toenail in it. No no pressure' all, no pressure, sorry. And then Alicia is going to be so gracious and give you guys some constructive feedback or whatever she feels that she needs to let you all know. Okay, all right, so you guys ready, yes, all right, The Joke's On You by leaenn Almado Interior, Brooklyn apartment evening. Seated around their living room, Orlando called for a meeting with his roommates Ivy and Jackie.
Speaker 2: Oh Lando, this better not be about your family coming again.
Speaker 3: Because sun last No, no, this is serious the girls wait for it. Wow, say it?
Speaker 10: So I.
Speaker 4: Mess on one Orlando.
Speaker 3: Now we know you didn't meant nobody.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't just make me cancel a whole free mail.
Speaker 3: To see and sing the ship.
Speaker 4: Guys, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Remember remember the time you swear a girl from Jamaicans?
Speaker 5: I like you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, no, no, how about what? He started to catch feelings for Fabion, the cleaning lady.
Speaker 4: Wait, the worst.
Speaker 3: The worst was when that girl didn't show up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, nothing where his mom's came.
Speaker 4: And say all you want. But she's on her way here, and I really want to make a good impression, so please help me.
Speaker 3: Would you like us to put on in tex He's upset. Jackie notices, all right, sorry, Oland, we hear you and we'll do what you need.
Speaker 1: Thank you, The girls quickly tiding him up. Jackie tucks in his shirt while Ivy sprays fresh mint in his mouth.
Speaker 9: I'm really nervous about her, but she's different.
Speaker 4: Ding doom. Oh shit, I ain't ready.
Speaker 3: You got this, champ.
Speaker 1: Ivy smacks him on the asses. Jackie sprays him back with coloone. The girls lost to each other in anticipation as he opens the door, and my god, in comes a five eleven voluptious fat from straight out of magazine.
Speaker 3: The girls faces are stunned. Well damn because winning now and see, Okay, you're.
Speaker 1: An active love guys, A cute seen Okay, miss Alicia, so on you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So can Delisa tell me what's your relationship? What is between you guys?
Speaker 2: So I've known him for a long time. We went to school together, and I know.
Speaker 3: Ivy.
Speaker 10: We grew up in the same neighborhood. So I've known them for a while, and we're all roommates.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: And then this whole time that I've been in, this whole time that I've known him, it's always been something when it comes to a girl that's around.
Speaker 2: And so that's why, like we never believed it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So you guys didn't take him seriously at all. Okay, Just so you guys could just have like a different level, if you and Leamana, if you guys can have like a you guys were like on.
Speaker 4: The same level. If somebody can take like a different just to give a little level, give a little balance. I'll let you guys make that choice. I don't want to make that choice.
Speaker 5: For you, but try not to come in at the exact same attitude because I couldn't tell what the relationship was about how you guys really felt about it, only because you guys were like at the same level.
Speaker 1: Ok great, note, is that clear you guys exactly? M hm, that's clear, Lisa, Yeah, okay, you see then when you do sit right in, it's like a bigger reaction.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Comedy is her expertise, one of them. Okay, so I'm not going to read any of the acts, and you guys can just go with the lines.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do the.
Speaker 1: Trace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, excus.
Speaker 3: Okay, and action.
Speaker 10: Orlando just better not be about your family coming again, because son, that was some point.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, this this is serious.
Speaker 4: Well say something, so.
Speaker 3: I mess someone, Orlando. Now we know you didn't mean nobody.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't make me cancel a whole female of the city and say the ship.
Speaker 4: Yeo, guys, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not gonna tell me you swort a girl from a Jamaica spout like you.
Speaker 8: Oh wait, hold on, how about when he started to catch feelings for Fabiola the cleaning lady.
Speaker 3: The worst is when that girl did to show up.
Speaker 4: My gosh, his face was so sad.
Speaker 10: Nothing beats when his moms came and she was all right, say all you want, she on her way.
Speaker 9: So when I'm really trying to make a good impression, so can y'all please just help me.
Speaker 3: We can put our name tags or you know, whatever you need.
Speaker 2: Okay, all bad Orlando, We hear you and we'll do what you need.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'm really nervous about her, y'all.
Speaker 3: She's a little different, ding dumb.
Speaker 1: I ain't ready yet.
Speaker 3: Got this chair h m hm ivy and see wow, much better. See you're note was great.
Speaker 10: That was a lot younger.
Speaker 4: And then you guys started tag tingment a little bit more.
Speaker 5: It's like the chemistry kind of came out a little bit more. You guys are fabulous actors. Y'all need a whole lot for me.
Speaker 3: But oh we listen.
Speaker 1: We are so grateful when we have guests on. And I love the fact that you know, LeAnn and Alfonso are just meeting you. But for you to give them that type of feedback that means the world, like it really does mean the world for them. I'm not going to speak for you guys, but if you have something quickly, you guys want to say you can go ahead and jump in.
Speaker 5: No, it does.
Speaker 10: That's great, and like to think about the chemistry and things like that and like the balance and the juxtaposition like so that that was amazing feedback because it was like, yes, you have to think of the different energy levels that we have in life, that we have in scene work that we're supposed to be able to have.
Speaker 4: That ride and art and it's not just like this one level planes.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like double team and me, oh sorry Leanne, no, no, go ahead. I felt like you're both were like double team me after a while, like y'all to do this when I'm not there, like remember that time he had her or he did this and he did that and it's like all right, guys, I'm still in the room still, Yeah, okay, I exist.
Speaker 3: So definitely I felt that yeah good, yeah, And.
Speaker 8: I was just going to add that like when I wrote it, I wrote it with like like two peas in a pod, like that was my mindset.
Speaker 4: But when I think about like any sitcom, like no character is the theme.
Speaker 8: So that was a really good note as an actor and like to be able to react off each other and and not be the same, like not mirroring each other.
Speaker 4: And then also like as a writer that like every character, every character stands on their own. So it was great all around. Thank you. You have like twins.
Speaker 5: If you notice twins usually on a show, they're addressed alike, but they're nothing alike. Usually different, you know, that different take on them. You know, one's really nice when one is kind of you know, mischievous always even if they are mirrored like that, you know, and it it gives them more interest because we have to both watch you guys, and both of you guys are like at the same level, then it's not interesting.
Speaker 4: But it just popped as soon as you guys got it, it popped.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did. That was a great note And that was great to watch the transition from all of you guys. So giving up you guys from miss Alicia Joy.
Speaker 1: Oh you were wonderful and I'm so glad that I was able to share you with everybody else because she is a true joy And I'm not playing on words on her name.
Speaker 3: Her parents knew what.
Speaker 7: They were doing, they knew what they were doing with their name, so all right, ladies and gentlemen, we had a wonderful time in classes session and we just want to thank you again, Alicia for being with us and sharing with us.
Speaker 3: You are amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me and trusting me with your precious ones. I know you, I know you so well.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, and we'll be back on the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. We are giving love and now it's time forgive love. Don't take anything personal. One of my favorite books is the Four Agreements by Don Ruez. One of the agreements is don't take anything personal. For instance, actors, when your family members or your significant other or your loved one is saying to you you should get a real job, don't take it personal. They are trying to encourage you.
Speaker 4: In their way.
Speaker 1: That's them knowing their love and protection because they may not believe that this is the career for you. Regardless, don't take it personal. Understand where they're coming from and stay true to where you're going. Stay true to your craft, stay true to your passion and your belief, and never ever take anything personal in this business. Thank you for joining us on the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I look forward to our next Spirited podcast. Thank you,