Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part one behind a scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody, Welcome to the Best Bits. I hope you're having a great weekend. I'm joined this weekend by Amy.
Speaker 4: Amy. How are you hi?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 3: We are doing this a little bit earlier because we have so much CMA best stuff going on, but that means it is a little bit different. I'm not gonna describe the Best Bits. You're just gonna have to go check out part two and catch up on the Bobby Bone Show that way.
Speaker 4: So that means Amy, you and I are.
Speaker 6: Just diveing ride in Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that cool?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: We need a little live update. What's been going on with you lately? Anything you want to share.
Speaker 5: My niece just moved in with me for the next eight weeks.
Speaker 6: She arrived this week.
Speaker 5: So she's going to be a junior at CU Boulder and she has to have an internship for her business degree, and so she just is living with me for eight weeks as my intern.
Speaker 6: Which is weird because she was so sweet.
Speaker 5: She sent me a tech asking and we recorded a little podcast actually, so it's my four Things episode this week she's going to do four different episodes with me, so for there's four Thursdays in the month of June, so she's gonna be my co host oh for them, and she's practicing just coming up with ideas and the one she came up.
Speaker 1: But this week is.
Speaker 5: About how she grew up in like the hangout house, okay, like her parents just always made it welcome for her friends. Yeah, and that's the kind of house I want to be. But I'm a little bit more just not how my sister and I grew up. So that my sister and her husband, they cultivated this environment for kids, and I am now now that I have teenagers, I'm taking notes like wait, what do I need to do? And why am I so rigid about this or uptight? And my sister can be that way too, just wanting order because we just feel better when our mom was that way. She felt better when she was vacuuming and there was lines, or for me, it's like when the laundry is folded and when the countertops are clean and some of that you just have to release and surrender no matter what anything looks like, and be okay with mess.
Speaker 6: But you're making connection over that sort of stuff, and so she just talked about.
Speaker 5: Being a teenager and now that she's twenty one, she was like, I don't know that I appreciated it fully at the time. And it wasn't complicated, like they didn't overthink it. It just was easy. My mom just always made sure that if we were all outside doing something that she'd walk outside with a tray full of cheese toasts. So again nothing crazy. Is a piece of bread with cheese on top that she would throw in the oven at three fifty for a few minutes and let the cheese bubble up. So and the kids thought, well that was great. There was just always food.
Speaker 6: There was.
Speaker 5: If they would get in the hot tab, shoot my mom or my mom my sister, her mom would just walk out with towels right away and say like get in, like come, And then extra stools in the kitchen and are in the dining room so that anybody could pull a seat up to the table because they're a family of six and their table literally fits six, so you have to put a tiny stool up to the table. But they've squeezed you know, fifteen or more around and they did that often. So anyway, it's just something I've been thinking about as I move into a new house. That's another life update. I'm going to be moving and it's like, Okay, what do I want the energy of this house to be? And while I want it to be a no shoes house.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's okay. You give mean no shoes and still be the house.
Speaker 1: That was how our house was.
Speaker 5: So I tried that in my home that I'm currently in, and it just it was difficult to implement, and that is on me. I just wasn't disciplined enough. I do feel when you go into a new space, it's a new opportunity and mentally that's a good thing for me to just be like, Okay, new space, new behavior, and my new behaviors for this new space are yeah, I would prefer it to be a no shoe house. And also, but you know, kids everywhere and friends everywhere, and people everywhere and some people that don't have kids. Adeline and I touch on that too, and just talk about that your friends are always welcome.
Speaker 6: I currently have a pool where I live.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 5: I won't at my new house. But I love that some of my girlfriends. I come home on a Saturday after doing something and they're my backyard laying.
Speaker 4: Out because they they know how to get it.
Speaker 5: They just go make themselves at home, and I love coming home to that. I won't have that sort of vibe with my girlfriends at my new house, but one of my friends that uses it often, she's like, it's okay, I'm just gonna put a kiddy pool in your backyard. I'll be over because she just likes being in a home. She lives in an apartment and wants more of like a homie vibe when she needs a little break from her space. And so I guess I want to create that. And Adeline said for some of her friends that didn't have a good family life, they were always it was always welcome. They could spend the night three, four or five nights in a row. And I just thought my sister would be a little more rigid than that, like even on school nights and stuff. But it was more connection over anything else. And we talk about, you know, some other stories I had with my teenage daughter recently where I could have been more uptight, but I decided to just chill out and it did. It created more space for connection with her and her friends, and I now feel like a safe space instead of a super strict mom. And then there's rules and boundaries.
Speaker 6: But so that's a two big life updates.
Speaker 5: My niece is living with me for a week's doing more than just the podcast stuff. But I just thought that would be a fun thing for her to work on in addition to some other stuff that she's going to be putting together or helping me with.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I don't really know what to do it in in turn, but we can come up with stuff and sure get you credit because it's not artificial iHeart thing, it's you know, other stuff that I have going on on the side, even though the podcast is parted by heart, but you know what I mean. And then moving that's the other update. So loaded question.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I started off very hard, coming very well.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I feel comfortable with those two updates. I'm not.
Speaker 6: I feel like they're there. They were ones that feel really good to me.
Speaker 5: I'm very happy about both of those things.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 5: I don't have any you know, want want updates for you.
Speaker 4: No, those are good updates. They're fun updates.
Speaker 3: A lot happening and a lot of movement happening. Around a house in particular.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what was your house like as a kid.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we were definitely the hosting household. Now it was more of my parents, just we. We also had a pool. I think a pool is a gathering spot and that helps a lot. But we just always hung out at my house or we'd be running back and forth between The cool thing when we were growing up is a lot of us lived by each other, so we'd be running around the neighborhood and we'd just pop into everybody's different house.
Speaker 4: So it was like back and forth, and the parents were like wherethy at now?
Speaker 3: But it was one of the three or four houses in the neighborhood, so they knew they could locate us somewhere if they were needed to.
Speaker 4: But I loved that.
Speaker 3: I loved being able to just go into each and it felt like everybody was family. So it was a similar vibe of the hosting house, but we had multiple of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, I that's I interview your parents and see how they, you know.
Speaker 4: Created that they're dead to rigid too.
Speaker 5: Okay, so for them, they're rigid, but it also probably so it took some intention from them of like, hey, we'd rather have them here than who knows where, and.
Speaker 3: They always said that they would always be like, hey, we want to make sure you're safe and we want to make sure that you are comfortable, but definitely we have rules. Like I was doing my dad the next morning he's like, we are cleaning this house and I'm like okay, And that was like hard at the time. Now I understand. I'm the same way. I'm like, I always want my house clean. So they had their moments where it'd be like, go have fun, and then the next morning, okay, time to clean, So there was the balance between the two.
Speaker 5: Adeline shared an expectation her parents have and she's like, my friends, no, She's like, especially my best best friends.
Speaker 6: That were there a lot.
Speaker 5: You'll if you go listen to the podcast it's four Things where they meet Brown, you can hear more about it because there's a lot of little nuggets that I never really thought about. But it's serving both sides of the table. So my sister and her husband, they will serve the kids, but they're not going to do it to a point of exhaustion and that you're not contributing, because some parents will do that if they just want their friends everybody to have a good time, and they wear themselves out. And that's not what my sister does either. She keeps it simple. She loves having everybody, but serving both sides of the table is a requirement of entry, which means, you know, she may set up a taco bar or something like something easy like throw chicken in the crockpot and shredded chicken with some tortillas and make it easy for a lot of kids to eat, and everybody gather around the table, and you're required like, let's gather around the table and really be together, even if it's just for ten minutes, and then you'll go back outside. But once you're done, you pick up and you go into the kitchen and everybody pitches in cleaning up, and it happens that moment. It's not weighted or excuse me, is wait, it's not weighted. I don't know why I said it that way. It's not something they delay until later. They just go ahead and do it, and it's an act of service. Full circle, and that she said that has helped a lot. And she goes, we'll make it fun, like we'll set a timer and everybody does their quick pu we turn on music, we have dance party in the kitchen. But really, I mean, their house is just always full of kids, so you have to have some structure in order to the chaos, and so serving both sides of the table was a way that they do that, And I thought, gosh, I my brain would be like, oh, I just want them to have fun, so we'll leave the kitchen a mess and figure it out later. And now I'm going to just have a different way of thinking with that, which I think will serve them well too, and how they grow up and how they interact and what they do instead of me trying to please, please, please, which then makes me more tired and then more rigid, and then it's a domino effect and then I'm like, oh, never mind, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want these kids in my home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta allow them to help you out, And I think that's an important part of that for sure. Well, I don't have any massive, feel like life updates, but I did just get back from passion Palm Springs.
Speaker 5: I feel like you have some life updates, but you sure what you want?
Speaker 6: Well, you're like a little all over the place.
Speaker 4: Oh, my goodness, travel bog lately, my life feels super chaotic.
Speaker 3: But I did just plan an entire bacherette trip for my sister in Palm Springs, and I had so much fun. I loved Palm Springs. I don't know what I was expecting going out there. It's definitely a desert, but Palm Springs, the little town sits at the bottom of a mountain, and it's just beautiful views all the time, and it feels amazing. Some moments are really spicy, very hot because you're in the desert, but we have the best time. I drove a ten passenger van for the first time. Can you imagine me just sitting there in this huge, giant white van. No, and I drove all of us around in Joshua Tree National Park.
Speaker 1: So you're you rented that all about yourself.
Speaker 3: I rented it, went picked it up from the airport while everybody was getting ready, got it back, and I got us all the Joshua Tree and everybody was safe. It was great and we had so much fun in like the actual Joshua Tree, which.
Speaker 4: Feels very otherworldly, which I did not know.
Speaker 3: Joshua trees are called the Tree of Life, which is super cool.
Speaker 4: They look like.
Speaker 3: Doctor Seus's trees something you'd see in a doctor Seus's book, very spyly worldly.
Speaker 4: So it's cool the seal of those.
Speaker 3: But we did get in Joshua Tree National Park. So bees, bumblebees are apparently very dehydrated in places like the desert, so they're kind of, uh, super chaotic and looking for water. Well, we parked in one of this area where there was all these giant cactuses everywhere, and as soon as we parked, we didn't know this going in. We were supposed to like sit in the cart for ten minutes and let the air conditioner like dry out. Well, we got out immediately and there were bees swarm everywhere everywhere like chaotically wanted the perspiration off of us. They wanted the air like the basically the dripping hydration that came out of the air condition of the van.
Speaker 4: They were everywhere. You would have thought that, like these bees were swarming over.
Speaker 3: Like a dead body somewhere. That's what the chaoticness of what it felt like. And so we were in this it was called the Cholla Cactus Garden for maybe ten minutes because everybody kept screaming. One of the girls got stung by a bee like p are chaos, and then my mom couldn't get she had actually hit like the emergency part break on the van and she couldn't get it to back out. While I'm just like frolicking in the cactus garden and then I hear all these screams, so I like come out and there's like just pure chaos of bees everywhere.
Speaker 5: Know that about bees, you would think they would just migrate to where they could get water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're like make migration is different. Then you know how birds can fly forever. If bees can only go a certain oh yeah about.
Speaker 5: I think they have lived an about but I mean they could take a little plane, a road trip, take take on a minute.
Speaker 1: But a few miles of the tower from.
Speaker 5: The cac Die is cac Die, I believe it is. Yeah, so then they get it from there. But that makes sense. I feel like I run around chaotic, dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you need water, like I get it. They want to support their beehive.
Speaker 4: And sometimes when that's happening, you're a little kaotic.
Speaker 3: So that was our b experience in Joshua Tree and then me driving the passenger van.
Speaker 4: So it was It was really fun though, like, besides.
Speaker 3: Besides that moment and the beasting and everything, we had so much fun and palm springs.
Speaker 4: I did karaoke at a bar. I did karaoke in an uber.
Speaker 1: Oh they had that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never done that. I've just seen it, like people post about it or on TV.
Speaker 6: There's that show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a guy and he didn't speak much English, and I think his way of connecting with people was through music, which I thought was a really cool idea. And he he was like, I don't he basically he could say I don't speak English, and he just pointed to the microphone. And I was in the front seat.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, yes, we're doing karaoke and the tuber.
Speaker 3: Today, So I didn't man, I feel like a woman by Schneich pain and he got a great show.
Speaker 1: That's fun during it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was fun. That feels like my big life update right now.
Speaker 5: So being at a bachelorette party and planning for your sister's wedding does it make you want to get married?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I think it kind of does the opposite.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to get married one day, but I don't know that I want the full thing. Like I would totally be okay with running off getting married on the mountain and saying, hey, guess what, I'm married and not doing all the planning and stuff. There's so much that goes into it, and so much money and so much time, and like, I want to be celebrated by everybody that I love, and I think that part is really cool, But gosh, the stress that I've just seen. I'm in three weddings this year, and I've just watched people be so stressed out and spent so much money on weddings and bringing everybody together, which I think is super cool.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm leaning towards now watching this whole experience of being like, you know, whoever wants to come, we're going to be on this now and at this time. Come if you want to, don't, It's cool. We'll be back and we'll be married, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was just talking to another friend actually that is in a pretty serious relationship now, and.
Speaker 6: It got serious fast. It's sort of like you.
Speaker 5: And they met on hinge or bumble or whatever, and she's had a pretty rocky dating relationship.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy to.
Speaker 5: Think that this one day it's now changed everything for her. I mean, they are definitely planning on getting married, and she doesn't want a wedding similar to you, or she could take it or leave it sort of. She just doesn't want to deal with that. But he really wants the full shebang. Okay, yeah, which is which is interesting because you think could be flipped.
Speaker 3: But well, I think so much of the planning traditionally would go on the women. I think men are becoming more involved, which is really cool to see.
Speaker 4: My sister, my sister's fiance is very involved.
Speaker 3: He wants to be a part of all the planning and everything, which has been cool to watch.
Speaker 4: But it is it's a lot of pressure, a lot of time.
Speaker 3: It's like a second job trying to plan a whole event like that. So I do get it, and I have the same I have a friend they got married or they got they met each other in October of last year, got engaged like a month and a half ago, and they're getting married this September. Insane turn around, like of time, but they're just like madly in love and ready to be married.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, here we go. But one year in a wedding, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: So that's what's going on, a lot of wedding stuff for everybody else, not me. I'm not getting married this year. I'm just participating in a lot of them.
Speaker 6: And we're only halfway through the year.
Speaker 4: All right, we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: What is something you've done? After seeing it on the internet, and the reason I asked this, I can kind of give you what happened to me.
Speaker 3: I had seen a psychologist on TikTok about if you dress up during your errand running, more people will respect you, you might get better interactions, and things will just naturally go better for you because you're presenting yourself in this pretty respectful manner rather than being in your yoga pants and sweatpants and your hair thrown about. I was like, okay, well, I really love my comfy clothes and I run errands because you're running all over the place you don't want to be in like slacks and heels.
Speaker 4: I was like, let me test out this theory just to see how it goes.
Speaker 3: So I did my grocery shopping and I ran like three other errands and I was in. I wasn't in like dress slex, but I was in my work clothes and I had like a cute blouse on and jeans and some booties.
Speaker 4: Amy.
Speaker 3: I got approached five different times in the grocery store by employees asking if I needed anything or help looking for stuff, And then when I brought it to the cashier, they not only unloaded my groceries from the car onto the conveyor belt, but then bagged them for me and was like, do you want me to take them to the car for you? And I was like, what is happening? This has never happened to me. I've never had that experience before.
Speaker 5: Do you think maybe you need like a to build more of a case study. You try it a few more times to see if that happens. And it wasn't just like a fluke day, but also it could actually be if they're saying, if the psychologist is saying it, there's clearly researched behind it. But for you, I'm just wondering, huh. That is pretty fascinating that that the one time you try it, that there's all this whatever it is inside of our brains that makes us be like, oh we need to make sure that this person is taken care of exactly.
Speaker 3: So yes, I am going to tempt it more. This is just my first run at it to see how it worked. But I was kind of like, take it aback, Yeah, no, that VIP style.
Speaker 5: And that's interesting because I run around in no yoga clothes and I don't really want to test it out. So that's why I'm saying, if you'll test it out more, that'd be great.
Speaker 4: I got you, and then well I did at the end of it, ass like dang, my fee hurt.
Speaker 3: I don't want to keep walking around on these shoes. I want to be in my sneakers, and you know I don't. I just when I'm running errands. I don't necessarily care. It was just more that I wanted to see if this psychologist, you know, you hear and read about a lot of things, and I'm like, okay, is it actually true if I put this to use in real life?
Speaker 4: Is this actually true?
Speaker 3: And that was my attempt at doing it, and I was like, dang, So I'm going to give it at least like three more gos. It just might take me until the rest of the year to fully accomplish that.
Speaker 4: Case study.
Speaker 5: Well, the House of Color. Hannah is her name. She lives here and now she's I mean, she was just on is the Hannah Alabama Hannah from oh Hannah Brown, Hannah Brown. So she was just on her podcast. Just I've seen a lot of people having this song, like the Today Show did it. She was on my podcast a couple of months ago, or maybe it was February. By now this year is flying. But she will do your colors, and so I went over to her office and she picked my color palette. Yeah, and this is in a similar vein of what you're talking about. But she said, if you start to wear your colors consistently and the ones that really do brighten you up, and you would You're looking in the mirror and you're the same you have the same hair, same pacup.
Speaker 1: You're not moving.
Speaker 5: She's just putting different color swatches on your chest to see how your eyes, skin, how everything, your hair, everything looks with it. And certain colors would just pop.
Speaker 6: It was crazy.
Speaker 5: And then she would take it away and put another one on and I kind of looked like, you know, a little sick yell, and then she would put the other one and I look, you know, happier and healthier, and so we determined, I guess I'm a summer, A cool summer. Is my color palette?
Speaker 4: Which what are your main colors that you should be wearing?
Speaker 6: Navy?
Speaker 5: She said that black is not my friend, and that.
Speaker 4: Which is really black because everybody's friend, yes, and.
Speaker 1: You know that may be the case.
Speaker 5: It doesn't mean that I went and got rid of all my black. But she said, if you have a business meeting or an important thing, where navy like a rich deep I think in her color wheel it was called like French navy. And she gives you this little color palette thing that you can take around with you when you go shopping, and you can put.
Speaker 6: Clothes up to it and be like, is this my color? Is this my color?
Speaker 5: Is this my color? Which seems a little ridiculous to walk around, But Navy's on there. Mushroom is another one that is my color, not white white, but.
Speaker 6: A soft white.
Speaker 5: Okay, this blue I have on and it's it's allowed me to branch out when it comes to my shopping my wardrobe because I was so black and white, because to me, that was less thinking. I just okay, if I know I get this in black and white. I can wear it with a lot of different things and it'll be easy and I don't want to think about it. Well, now I have more color. I guess this is just like a blue button down that I ordered on Amazon. After speaking of seeing things online, I saw somebody posted and they added their Amazon link.
Speaker 6: So I was like, oh, that's cute.
Speaker 1: Get that.
Speaker 5: And I don't think I normally would have ordered the blue. I would have maybe gone to the link and then ordered the black or the white. Yeah, but I decided to just order the blue because this is a blue that's on my color. Pellette denim is another good color for summer cool summer palettes, and so I guess she goes win in doubt, just put on dinum if you're having one of those days.
Speaker 6: And luckily that's easy.
Speaker 1: Since I was gonna say, at least you now have.
Speaker 3: An easy thing from going from like black being your easy thing, at least you have dinnim, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It could have been like just wear red and you're like, well, it's a pretty bright color.
Speaker 4: Were all the time?
Speaker 5: Well, and there's different shades of red, so there's some reds that would work for my skin tone, so it's your underlying skin tone. So the first question I asked her is, well, what if I am getting a spray tan, that's.
Speaker 1: A fair question.
Speaker 4: Makes you feel really good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean if let's just admit, if you're having a bad day or you're feeling blah and then you get a spray tan and you're like, oh, okay, I'm cool, Like.
Speaker 1: Nothing's wrong with me.
Speaker 5: I just needed a little color because I have really pale, irish skin and I don't do well in the sun. I do still try to get in the sun and get some vitamin D. I don't run from it, but I can't be out there too long and get pink. We had a lunch the other day here at work, and we went out and we had to sit outside because the inside was full, and I had on a tank top and my shoulders and arms because I didn't plan on being outside and I had no sunscreen on are pink just from that lunch.
Speaker 1: And you know, meanwhile, you.
Speaker 5: Have other skin tones, like well, Eddie's Hispanics. That might not be a fair representation, but he wouldn't, that wouldn't happen to him. But I have some other friends there they're underlying skin tone. They would sit out there and they would still turn brown, they would turn pink. So it's your underlying skin tone. Even with a spray tan, everything is the same. You still stick to the because it's underlying. It's taking in a lot of different factors and like the hair color and the eyes and whatnot. But I really enjoyed it, and I didn't know how I felt about it at first, like having to redo my closet. But she said it takes most clients about three years to build your closet with your color palette. So don't put that stress of now I can't wear this, or I got to wear that. Of course, I still wear black because I have things that I really like, but I also now will entertain. Oh, I should get this navy blazer. I was at Ritzia a couple weeks ago with my daughter and they had this awesome blazer and they had it in black and navy. I would have typically gone for the black, but now I bought the navy blazer and I'm saving it for a meeting.
Speaker 1: I like an important meeting.
Speaker 5: Just Oh, so back to what you were saying about the the grocery store and how people treat you. She did say, once you start to consistently wear your colors, you'll notice you're treated differently because something about you is also exuding more confidence.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you two even.
Speaker 5: Dressed up at the grocery store there is It's not just that they're looking at what you're wearing. It's probably an energy you're giving off too, because you're feeling more confident.
Speaker 4: Maybe true, though, because you know when you go out. I don't know about you, but when I go out.
Speaker 3: In public and I'm dressed kind of like am I eye just woke up from a nap and hear my sweats and my head's on my hair, I don't make a lot of eye contact.
Speaker 1: With people your hairs on your head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, let me just get through. I gotta get what I get and like keep.
Speaker 3: My head down and I keep to myself and right, get it and I get out. So maybe there is a level of that where I'm just open to the world than open to people talking to me because I'm more presonable.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure it has something to do with that. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said, it's fascinating to watch and you'll see it, So I see what you tested out, and then I don't know that I've been wearing it all consistently enough to where I noticed that people are treating me differently.
Speaker 6: But I do have on my color palette today, so I'll keep you posting.
Speaker 4: Deal, you got to start doing it. It's just like the red nail theory when I did that.
Speaker 3: When you start going on dates, you gotta change up. You gotta do red nails.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Mel Robbins.
Speaker 5: Had someone on our podcast recently and I was telling Bobby about it on the show because he loves red and I can't remember if you as a neurologist, some sort of doctor, and he was talking about the power of the color red, not just red nails, but wearing red and what it can do for you and team like sports teams wearing red and if there's a red team versus blue team, sure the blue team will win, but red team has more wins. It's just the way, and it's equal playing feels like both really talented teams, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's funny how color and energy is so important in our day to day lives.
Speaker 5: I will yeah, and I will say this about the red and what Hannah taught me is because there's different shades of red. So she I saw some girls posting on Instagram that had gotten their color done.
Speaker 1: Are you seeing this.
Speaker 5: On like Instagram and talk talk because it's very popular right now, right Okay? So because to me it felt crazy, I was like, what, this can't be real. But when I see people posting them like oh, and they would do side by side of their nails, like of the red just with their hands, their skin color on their hands, You're not seeing their face and the red they would normally get on one hand and then the red that fit their color palette on the other, and it was different shades of red and their hand looked better with it, and you didn't know, like I'm not looking and knowing for sure which color is there is, I'm looking at it an image and I'm like, okay, that is the better hand, and then I go read the caption and sure enough, that's the hand that's the appropriate color palette. So it's like, like, my veins are really blue green, like there's something about the right red that will compliment that better than the wrong red. Over so even down to your nail color.
Speaker 4: You keep telling me I need to go get that done and I really I.
Speaker 5: Really need Oh did I talk about this last time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: You and I talked about it at lunch okay time, and I was like, I need to go and do this, and I just I haven't even been home enough to do it, but I need to go and do it, especially before she's all booked up.
Speaker 4: What she probably already is sounds like she's been on a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but I can text her and sull. I mean, yeah, and I was a paying customer. I'm not you know's she's fabulous. Like I went as a paying customer first, and then it liked it so much that I was asked her to come on my podcast and talk about it.
Speaker 3: So okay, well, I'm going to go. I need to go make an appointment and that needs to happen. We're gonna take one more quick break. We'll be right back, all right. Tiny moment, but big proud. When's the last like really tiny moment that happened, but you.
Speaker 4: Were majorly proud of yourself. It doesn't have to be anything significant, or it could be.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, for me, this isn't even okay. Here's how it becomes tiny is during my marriage. We were married seventeen years and lived in North Carolina, Austin, and Nashville. So we've owned five houses together. We've bought and sold five homes and been always handled all of it. So for one, I didn't appreciate a lot all that went into that, And I'm now handling that myself for the first time. So I'm forty three, and so it feels little because it's like, Okay, we've done this before, I should know how to do it. But then it feels huge because I'm doing it myself.
Speaker 4: I like it. That's it.
Speaker 3: That is tidy moment, big proud. Yeah, that's what I'm calling cunting moments, big proud. And maybe if I talk about these, you'll you'll have something too, What about yours?
Speaker 4: Mine has been was planning my sister's bachelrette.
Speaker 3: Anytime I go on a trip and somebody's like, this is, you know, so cool, He's planned such an awesome itinery I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, that makes you feel really good. I don't know why. I don't know that I'll ever be like a travel advisor or.
Speaker 3: Anything, but I love planning trips for people and them coming away having the best time ever.
Speaker 4: That makes you feel so good. And then also.
Speaker 3: I was I went on I'm on social media all the time because of my job, but I was watching and Chris Stapleton posted that he was at Forgo mcgogle, which is the liquor store in Nashville, and he had signed his whiskey. And I had literally just passed this store and I was like, you know, let me turn around, and what do you know, there was something still there and I grabbed one, and now I have a signed bottle of Chris Stapleton whiskey, just because I happened to look on social media at the right time, and it was a very random reason to be proud of myself. And I was like, you know, I just like life works out funny and funny ways, and I just happened to be here in this moment to get this signed bottle of whiskey to have and maybe it will sit on my bar Kart for twenty years, maybe it'll be a really cool gift one day, maybe it'll who knows what could happen with this little bottle of whiskey.
Speaker 4: But it was like a right place, right time, and it was a tiny moment, big proud, little moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. So those are some of mine.
Speaker 5: I think it's good to acknowledge this and celebrate them, don't let them pass by.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta like acknowledge you when it just little things make you happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good one to have with everyone around the table. You know, just circle back we were talking about at the beginning. If you're having your kids sitting down, you know, we.
Speaker 6: Do high low, we do what are you grateful for?
Speaker 5: Just around the table, those conversation starters, and that's a cute one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tiny moment, big proud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's your latest tiny moment big proud?
Speaker 4: Yes, any others that come to mind for you? While I was talking about those, because they're so they're so small, and they're just they seem inchesing. Ye say that word this morning.
Speaker 3: Insignificant maybe to other people, but in that moment, they made you feel big proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We were just talking about how we paint our own nails and I used to get my nails done a lot.
Speaker 6: You're years ago.
Speaker 5: It's been a minute. But I have one friend where she will never give that up.
Speaker 6: That is her thing. She loves it.
Speaker 5: She loves doing that for herself and will never stop. She'll get she'll get a second job before she has to change that part of that's fair routine. And uh, for me, I never really enjoyed it. Of course I enjoyed like getting the gel and it would last a long time. And for me, I just wasn't my thing. And now I paint my own nails. And so I was just as you were talking and looking during the last little break, we were talking about how my nails just chipped, and I'm like, dang it, but I have just painted them myself and they did look really good right before that chip. And that's a tiny moment like beg proud of I can still do things that make me feel good. I mean, getting having my nails done makes me feel good. But I didn't necessarily love going to get it done. But sometimes that's just what I would end up doing. And it's like, oh, let me back it up and I can paint my own nails and save that time. There's a lot of time. It is a lot to save that money. And also the gel wasn't healthy for my fingers at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you do them over time too, especially, they are not good for you.
Speaker 6: Definitely not.
Speaker 5: So I get that that's a little silly, But I was looking down at my nails. I'm like, I'm kind of proud of myself for realizing I'm spending money on something that I don't even really enjoy that much, and I'm just gonna paint them myself. And I actually have gotten pretty good at it, even my non dominant hand, even though I'm technically ambidextrous.
Speaker 3: Technically see tiny moments, big proud, And maybe this will make you think of something going on in your life, to make you smile.
Speaker 4: If it's been a hard time lightly, whatever is going on for you.
Speaker 5: So And I think the more our brains recognize those moments, it helps you see them more and more, like even stuff you wouldn't think about, like my nail polish, like who really cares?
Speaker 1: But also it is.
Speaker 5: Truly something where I'm looking down and I'm like, and now I'm motivated to get home and fix this little chip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you want to and you start to add stuff like that into your routine so you can have more tiny moments.
Speaker 4: Big proud.
Speaker 5: My I wish I knew the name of this color. It might be called like Best Friend green or BF green. It's olive, in June. Yeah, that's my favorite nail polish. They have it at Walgreens, Target, or you can order it online. But their brushes, now that I'm an expert at painting.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 5: It's they have a brush that'll spread out wide, so like when you're doing it, it does don't take as many strokes to cover the entire nail, which I can appreciate. And this emerald green color that I have on is part of my color palette.
Speaker 3: Like it, we gotta go it and.
Speaker 6: It's fun for summer.
Speaker 5: I was inspired with the green by McKenzie Porter because she came on my four Things podcast. She came up here and we did an interview and she had on green. Hers was not necessarily emerald. Here's more of a green green.
Speaker 6: But that's not part of my color palet.
Speaker 1: But it looked really to me.
Speaker 5: It looked so cute and fun for summer and kind of edgy, and I'm the opposite of edgy. So this green on my nails is like my edge.
Speaker 4: Hey, at least you have an edge. Look at that your color palette has inspired an edge and need to paint your own nails.
Speaker 5: And McKinsey Porter, she was a new mom, and I think I was fascinated that as a new mom she was coming in. Her nails were done, She looked cute. Obviously she was there to promote something. She has an album coming out, so she has to pull herself together. But I was thinking, there's no way if I was the mother of a six week old that my nails would be done. But I'm sure she did that for herself, so that was probably her A tiny moment, big plan, big proud, big tiny moment, big proud.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I hope you have some this weekend. We are gonna jump out of here. But Amy, thank you for being on and hanging out with me for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Can you tell the people where they can find you? Hear you? All that good stuff? Yes?
Speaker 5: On Socials at Radio Amy and then yeah, podcast is Four Things with Amy Brown, and everything loads up there. I have another podcast that released on Saturday called out Way, but we now add that to the Four Things feed, so if you're subscribed, it'll just show up if you are navigating any body dysmorphia, any disordered eating stuff like that. It's just a once a week little nugget where we have different experts on offering encouragement.
Speaker 4: Oh so good. Make sure to check those out. All right, we will see you guys later. Go follow the Bobby Bone Show at Bobby Bone Show and I am at web Girl Morgan. See y'all later.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby.
Speaker 6: Bomb Show and follow ed Webgirl Morgan.
Speaker 2: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode,