Speaker 1: Have you been do you play? Did you play? Do you play? Skate More a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, I was more ashamedly. I was more of a Tony Hawk guy because I know that Skate is like the more physically accurate version.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, you need that celebrity appeal. But did you see have you seen the gameplay from the skate?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is it crazy? Dude?
Speaker 3: It's like not even like you're just like jumping off, like you're dropping in off like skyscrapers, and then you could just like fucking body glide through the air, deploy a parachute, drop into a roof top pool trains.
Speaker 1: What's that is for the new one? Which was the new one? Yeah, but it's free to play. It's just like so crazy.
Speaker 2: Really, so it's it's almost starting to get into Tony Hawk terractory then, because I was thinking about Tony Hawk was just so fucking insane.
Speaker 1: No, but this is truly like, oh, we're flying.
Speaker 4: We're saying insane and like you're you're describing the stuff. It's you're you're saying it's bad because that sounds scary to he has a.
Speaker 3: It's just more like you just hear it, like like just look at this clip just like just to have an idea of like because it's not really rooted in reality. I mean neither was Tony Hawk really, but this is just going like another level.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Tony Hawk wasn't rooted in reality for you.
Speaker 4: This is this is unrealistic to you.
Speaker 1: You gotta see the shred Man.
Speaker 2: It's very funny.
Speaker 4: And I also do get faster when I skateboard over arrows. My I pick up kinetic energy somehow it's for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they put them at all tho skate parks. But I think it's also interesting that they brought you from like normal Earth physics over time to making you fly, because that probably feels crazier that just to be like here you could do triple backflips, but to start as like a ledge skater and then to be able to fly off of skyscrapers.
Speaker 4: Right, because like Mad in another like sport video game has gotten more realistic as it's gone where it's like now you have to like really coordinated to throw a football just like in real life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then this of the chosen receiver like in ninety two when I was playing Madden, when I run ad When I was a wee boy, Madden was just like you just hit the fucking spin button and broke tackles, and like that's always happens.
Speaker 3: It's like the same way when like two K's changed their like free throw mechanics system, people like I can't do this shit anymore, man, I don't fucking really be this coordinated.
Speaker 1: I need a fantasy game.
Speaker 4: Is there skating game that is like hyper realistic where you have to like practice for eight hours a day to just like be able to like do an ali Well, skate was more like that. That was that was the original version. And then but there was a game you twisted an ankle?
Speaker 1: Yeah are you old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your dad's distant and weird leave the house.
Speaker 1: You nut tapped yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh, hello the Internet, and welcome to season four oh nine, Episode three of Dirt Daily.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, it's.
Speaker 4: A production of iHeartRadio as a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness. And it's Wednesday, October eighth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Ten eight.
Speaker 3: Good buddy, I'm going to keep doing that, keep doing I have had past years where every ten something I did that, and I think it was great.
Speaker 1: I think I think we should keep it at last. Long may that tradition last in this house.
Speaker 3: We believe every day in October is a ten Good budd It'd be like ten thirty good buddy, thirty one. It's not even the Halloween ten thirty one good budd. I'm just going to keep adding. It will be November first, Happy ten thirty two to you, my man. But anyway, it's American.
Speaker 1: Touch Tag Day.
Speaker 3: That's clearly written from an outside perspective because we just call.
Speaker 1: That shit tag here. Okay, touch, So yeah, not national this.
Speaker 3: It was like a New England thing, the fluffer nutter that wasn't really a West Coast thing, or at least the thing.
Speaker 4: We had a lot that was pretty common in the Midwest as well. Yeah, East coast Midwest makes sense. Peanut butter sandwich with with marshmallow spread.
Speaker 3: YEA National Hero Day. No, we're not talking about sandwich. We're talking about people like firefighters, you know, real heroes. National Curves Day, National take your Parents to Lunch Day, Take your parents to lunch, National bring your teddy bear to work or school Day, National Stop Bullying Day, National Emergency Nurses Day, shot everybody in the er we.
Speaker 4: Need Curves Day made me gave me the who are we talking? Who made National Curves Day? And is it the types of guys who do the the hour glass figure with their hands?
Speaker 1: It's a creative director of some brand. Okay, cool, Yeah, but it's just about.
Speaker 3: Being like, hey, man shot all the plus sized people out there, keeping this sexy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just like curves.
Speaker 4: I think it was No, I don't, I don't know. Just like I people to it as curves.
Speaker 3: That's a very I mean out here, Jack, we call them curved baby, Okay, curved like.
Speaker 1: Curves like a cola bottle.
Speaker 3: You got curves like a mountain road, you know, curves like a like a like a damn protractor went crazy or a compass.
Speaker 4: Rather, what's the one that was a good one? You use that one a lot. Yeah, curves like a dang protractor color.
Speaker 1: What's the one? What's the one that does the circles?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Where you go? Where you going?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: My name's Jack O'Brien, ak potatoes O'Brien. I got curves like a potato, just kind of lumpy and like seemingly haphazard.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm looking at him.
Speaker 4: Like in random directions you know, like routed body, the most haphazardly shaped vegetable. And I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 3: Grass, the showgun within Nogun, the Lord of lankersh just again in the nation's capital, taking it all in and it's wonderful. The weather's great. I gotta say, I wish it was colder at night, being on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: My my hope was for a little bit of cold, but it's yeah, this is what you same as weather, So what do you know for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been hearing that from from everywhere. It's a it's a warm October.
Speaker 1: Something about the earth or something being fucked or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stopped listening right after this.
Speaker 1: It's warm.
Speaker 4: Miles were thrilled to be joined by a very funny comedian, actor, writer, improviser you know from Mythic Quest and Drunk History, the co host of the very funny podcast rebrand His special Spiritually Filthy is very funny.
Speaker 1: You ought to go check it out.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the show, our skateboarding correspondent.
Speaker 2: What's up, my dude. It's good to see you get something man. Thanks for having me bros.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course, of course it's good to have you. Good to have shred shred and some gnar. No, that's not right. I think I don't think different some culture. Yeah not that did my best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could tell it wasn't great because it felt weird when you said it.
Speaker 1: That's how I yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like swallowing it as it was escaping my mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got confidence is key with any skate slang. I don't think I could just pull up to a skate park and say that and then like immediately start running and be accepted as one of them. I'm picturing you doing that in full pads and you fall.
Speaker 1: Down quick wrist race.
Speaker 3: You've got to go pro chest rig on, full gym, teacher bike shorts for some reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, full red red bull logo uh one for some reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, exactly, full fully kitted out. Have you do you ever? Do kids like to skate? Are they're on Are they on bikes?
Speaker 2: Jack? What are they?
Speaker 1: What kind of mobility are they gonna do? They are?
Speaker 4: My seven year old is into skating. He did, He does go to the occasional skate park and it's mainly a lessons based activity because he has a bad dad when it comes to skateboarding, as as you might have noticed from me, should be his dad.
Speaker 2: I for sure thought you're gonna say instructor not dad.
Speaker 3: No, Jack identified the problem. So we're gonna let's nip this thing in the butt. So Mark, you can be.
Speaker 4: At the Russell Wilson to my future, playing catch with my kids while I'm a text a text fuck boyshit to my ex. Yeah yeah, uh more. We're thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment.
Speaker 1: First, we're gonna tell.
Speaker 4: The listeners a couple of things that we're talking about. We're gonna start off talking about another radical dude teenage and and your garbles. He's I don't know, just the more he becomes the face of this movement, I think the better off we all are.
Speaker 1: Not a charismatic leader. You're not a charismatic exactly off the poting toad man. That's right.
Speaker 2: It looks like he smells weird.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah yeah with his new because he's like going like he's bicking his bald head. Now it looks like frogs.
Speaker 3: It looks like amphibious skin, like the sheen to it where it's like, oh, this is always kind of moist.
Speaker 4: Huh right, So that we're going to talk about that because they're just like, I don't know, they they don't quite know how to use him on Fox News. So they're like, here and let's get your live reaction just like riff one out about this thing where AOC like talks shit about you.
Speaker 1: Let's see, let's see what you can can come back with that one. Huh Yeah, it's not great.
Speaker 4: He's not like simmering rage mixed with like weird misdirected energy happening in all sorts of improving.
Speaker 3: AOC's point, because he was just basically saying, it's like, you know, the first thing I do is like make fun of these thin skinned, insecure, like this spragile masculinity that dominates this party, like really product that as part of the sort of menu of options we have.
Speaker 4: Is the only thing that happens to him is like mouth gets really wet. It all just like we starts twitching.
Speaker 2: There. We were there was superiorally hitting on something. We were like just call them weird because they're weird, and the thing is is that there's nothing wrong with being weird, but they're all convinced they can't possibly be weird. Yeah, it's like the ultimate insult to them, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, because they aren't self actualized enough to own. It's like when you get past weird being a negative, it's because you've you're like, yeah, this is who I am nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, Like that's what you say because it's different.
Speaker 3: To you, Whereas these people are still caught in like the group think of like who's in the majority, who's weird, who's not weird?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, just go on the internet and find other adult men who are like horny for Gi Joe's and you could be something so angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not alone.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that. We'll talk about the Supreme Court case on conversion therapy, whether algorithms are ruining hip hop. There's gonna be the closest we've ever gotten to. We're really courting the old head vote in this one.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about I had really checked in with the Free Press, which, to you know, as we talked about earlier this week, just got purchased for one hundred and fifty million dollars and Barry White like took over as the head of CBS News, and I just wanted to check out like a story. And we've also been talking about Tilly Norwood, the fake actress who's like getting fake from Hollywood, has Hollywood a buzz, and they had a story about that that I just want to I just want to read you the headline in the subhead just one sentence, because yeah, I don't want to go into it now, but like just it is one of the wildest things that I've seen in airtime covering the show.
Speaker 1: So just a little bit of a tease there for you.
Speaker 4: All of that plenty more. But first, mort Burke, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: The last thing I googled was a synonym for masterpiece to describe the new stand up special that I'm putting out. And that's because I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I think you have. It's not easy out here for us artists, and it's time for us to start tooting our own our horns. You should just ask GBT to come up with a synonym for masterpiece? Is that the move almost I can find was master work. I'm gonna ask, I'm gonna ask what's her name? Tilly?
Speaker 3: I would ask, Yeah, ask chat gpt to give you a masterpiece stand up set that you can just regurgitate on stage.
Speaker 4: Has anyone done the version of like remember a soul Man where a white guy does blackface to like get into college? I think is that the premise of that. Has anyone done that where like somebody pretends to be Ai to like get the interest of Hollywood, like a movie where it's.
Speaker 3: Like you're you're thinking of like that's an a twenty four comedy. Think that's yeah, that's ahead of it, that ideas ahead of its time. Yeah, I can say you should do that because like that really like what if Tilly Norwood was just like a nineteen year old actress like that?
Speaker 1: Nobody would know the difference, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feels like Carmen Christopher and Paul Rudder going to be in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying more, maybe you put this out as like an all Ai special.
Speaker 3: I mean it's the same version as like white people changing their names to be ethnic to try and get interest too, like fur their away and they'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, well, you know, I got this. Maybe things aren't working when I was this white person, but how about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe if I'm an AI actress, that'll get me some work.
Speaker 2: That movie plot is very That is such an eighties movie where like the entire ze Zeitgeist was all about like it was all eighties person pretended to be a different person. Yeah, I mean like the white actor that you had put on brown face for short circuit.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, Like inside the movie, I thin, what's what's the guy's name?
Speaker 3: I forget he's got that fun name that's like so eighties. Uh yeah, damn it, Johnny five guy, you'd bitch come on now.
Speaker 1: Uh it's almost there. Fisher Stevens. Fisher Stevens, Yeah yeah, Fisher Stevens. Yeah that was.
Speaker 3: I remember being shook when I was like, this guy isn't Indian or just like South Asian?
Speaker 1: Like what? But how was I thought Benja Betuya was a real guy.
Speaker 2: It was when I found out Damon Wayne's wasn't.
Speaker 3: Kay Waite Edwards and Anton Merriweather aren't real.
Speaker 4: But anyways, just a pitch you put put yourself out as Ai, which people were actually doing like they were like, look at what look at this h Ai version of a Carlin stand up special. And it was clearly just like written by people, because it was way better than anything Ai has done since then.
Speaker 1: And it sucked.
Speaker 4: I will say it's sucked, but not not as bad as hey I does more. Sorry, what tell us about your special? Hearing is a master stroke, a magnum opus.
Speaker 2: It's a master work. Yeah, I'm just working on it. I recorded at the lyric I Pieri and I'm gonna put it out in a couple of months. I'm very excited about it. I also want to be I want to be the first person to actively stock Tilly Norwood.
Speaker 1: Uh you mad? You are actually late. As we're going to get to later in this story. Alright, later in this episode, come up with something original. Man, there's already a ton of t r Yeah, all right, fair real quick. More Top three jokes from your special.
Speaker 2: Go Number one, I've never farted. That's a twenty minute bit.
Speaker 1: I just like that as a joke. I never farted twenty minute bit? Else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, number two, what's up with chicks these days? They're different than guys. That's a huh. That's like a twelve minute piece.
Speaker 1: Have you ever noticed that they really are different? Yeah? I find them to be different in many in many compelling ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of this way. Yeah, they go about it this way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe that they replaced straws with paper straws. So that's a that's another like fifteen deal.
Speaker 1: What is it to deal with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, these things stink.
Speaker 2: I came up with this word. I invented this word. Uh, this word woke.
Speaker 1: That's sort of what I'm oh, great original usage. Yeah, sounds fucking good man. Yeah, that's part of your terry Shaivo block us Christ. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? I'm going RuPaul's drag Race, and I'll say that so my the starts with my wife is really trying to make me buy and it's working, and I've never been happier. It started with the it started with the bidet obviously, which was so great. And now, so first of all, RuPaul's drag Race, you're basically doing anti fascism work work just watching this thing. Now with the way the country is, I treat it like a Falcons game where I'm like what do you mean miss Vangie's didn't win that lipstick? Get your eyes checked, my sel visage like.
Speaker 1: Shit like that.
Speaker 2: It's it's so great.
Speaker 1: You shat you Sashet away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah.
Speaker 1: Fuck gotta here, Sachet you stay bullshit?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I was a meaty tuck.
Speaker 1: Media tuck.
Speaker 2: That's other than it has their I've watched well, first of all, big surprise, I've watched ten seasons of ten seasons, still attracted to women. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 3: I get?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's I guess they might be wrong about how they're trying to make us all be gay.
Speaker 3: See, that's how you're not gonna end up on Jesse Waters show. See he wanted somebody going back and it.
Speaker 1: Messed me up. Jesse, I don't even know, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there the culture of the thing, there's, first of all, it's so funny. It's like the socioeconomics of it all is all over the app So there's like really like what would you say, there's really there's a lot of like poverty, and then there's a lot of queens who come from like more privileged backgrounds. So the jokes are all like, there's so many jokes about sex work it's unbelievable. Like the amount of times they just talk about hooking and shit is so it's so funny and there the culture is insane. There's and there's like RuPaul's kind of old, right, so she's like a little corny, but she's still making fisting jokes and stuff. So it's, yeah, I've never seen anything.
Speaker 3: Just because she's a land owning oligarch now doesn't mean she lost her you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. There's a clear hierarchy to which is uh, you know, it just goes to show everybody's gonna end up adopting the Western hierarchical shit no matter who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: The movie Shawshank Redemption, Oh oh oh.
Speaker 3: Tax like bringing up all kinds of supporting documents. I think, okay, what's your opening gambit here?
Speaker 1: Ask?
Speaker 2: First of all, I like any any bit that is twenty years old, twenty years too late. I think that's a powerful move. But I look, man, Okay, it's a well made film, sure, And also, of course it does kind of feed into the white male oppression fantasy that's so popular these days. But what's hilarious about it to me is there that there's that scene with Morgan Freeman where he Andy Dufran goes and he wants to get the Rita Hayworth poster and it's in the cinema, you know, and it's supposed to be this like very heartwarming exchange between two old friends. But clearly Morgan Freeman has to think that Tim Robbins character is going to jack off to that poster.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what need to doing? They didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't show that part right, But the parts where Andy Dufran is like walking out and disposing of dirt through his pant leg like that dirt is also accompanied by a great deal of come.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so the voiceover should be like and may new Fray will love to master bit. He couldn't get enough after ten years he needed a new poster. And he came to me that was our m guys just constantly jacking on.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Uh well, fu Shawshank Redemption. I'm fully sold on that. Are you a Green Mile fan by any chance?
Speaker 1: I started?
Speaker 2: I've never seen it. I started to watch it me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do like I do like Shashank, And I was like, I don't know this. I've only seen the scenes where Tom Hanks has a hard time taking a piss.
Speaker 1: That's no Jack. That's for a broader thesis that you have a looping video clip that you watched for two hours.
Speaker 4: I say, I'm watching Green Mile. There's so many reasons. One, I like shash Redemption.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 4: Green Mile is the climax of Tom Hanks's arc throughout his career of like having to pee, like peeing being a key part of his character work, and then that whole movie. His entire character's point is that he has hard time, a hard time being and then gets his penis cleared by the hands of Jesus, the healing hands of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: JC, That's the only cult I would join, the one that teaches it's funny though too.
Speaker 3: Gos like you were saying more like this, they're like Shawshanks kind of like for like white guys. Because I remember the first time I saw was I get a Kid's sleepover When.
Speaker 1: They're like you never so associate redemption.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, oh no, bro, And then I was like, okay, fine, But then I know so many people who like they they ride for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, everyone has a movie that speaks to them. I just didn't. I didn't realize how.
Speaker 2: Much aspects of it where they like learn the you know, they kind of learn empathy and that's nice. But then there's a there is an overarching theme that feels like a couple of things, which is, hey, you know that like boring mediocre white guy that you know, he's actually the greatest hero that's ever existed. And then also like the one time a white guy went to jail for a crime he didn't commit becomes this like.
Speaker 1: Big tale.
Speaker 2: To imagine this like white businessman who are supposed to be like is this holy innocent? But it's still it's watchable either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, we are going to take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back and talking about eminently watchable Stephen Miller, Jesus Christ. Guy holds the fucking camera in the palm of his capable hand.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's got like doctor evil vibes.
Speaker 3: Now, oh, he's got like kind of a doctor no lies sort of like I could feel like he would have like a like a scar running down his face and.
Speaker 1: You to die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like any Everything he says is like less natural coming out of his mouth than no, I expect you to die, Like that's one should be coming out of it, Like every time he's I didn't identify it until this moment when I realized that's the uncanny feeling I have when he talks is wait, why is he not telling me that he expects me to die? Before before explaining his scheme and walking off.
Speaker 2: He looks like he has a chronic illness that makes you sleepy and grumpy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's something. It's I think it'd just be general unhappiness. But either way, he is just really he's he's in the public eye so much, whether it was his.
Speaker 1: You're not hardcore, we're hardcore. They're just everything.
Speaker 3: Every day we have to hear from him more and more him trying to describe the state of the country, like there's this left wing terrorist network that must be dismantled by the state and we have to use every power available. But again, I mean, I think this is because he's so visible. A lot of people are like.
Speaker 1: Is he actually running this administration day to day?
Speaker 3: Like what he seems to know the most about everything going on and then gets in front of the microphones like he does. But he is one of the most reviled people in the country and it clearly doesn't bother him. I'm sure his own family's been publishing stuff over the years about him, and recently his cousin did, which a lot of people were like, Oh, let's see what his own family thinks about him, which brought a post from a few years ago up from his uncle on his mother's side, who's like a neurologist or neuro psychologist, some fancy brain shit, and he like one way he described quote, there is a deep vein of hypocrisy running through the Trump administration, and my odious nephew Stephen Miller is the purest example of it. So okay, he can probably I think he maybe he got through that one.
Speaker 1: Sounds like someone else was googling some synonyms. Dude, O, dude, who is fucked up? Like if my uncle said my odious nephew, I would be angry. Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: Seems like a word a villain and a Pixar movie would use.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly and O differous.
Speaker 3: But look his cousin this week on his mom's side also chimed in with this whole thing about just saying like I knew him as like this sensitive, like goofy middle child who was just like really nice to the younger kids. Goes on to say, quote, I'm living with deep pain, with the deep pain of watching someone I once loved become the face of evil. I grieve what you've become, Stephen. I will never knowingly let evil into my life, no matter who's blood it carries, including my own.
Speaker 1: And then she goes on she you know how obsessed this family is with blood?
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's blood it carries running through its veins, securiorly.
Speaker 2: Picturing a woman who looks like Steven Miller with a wig on.
Speaker 3: But she goes on to talk about, you know, Stephen Miller's Jewish, and she talks about how at family gatherings they're fa families were told stories about their ancestors surviving pogrims and ghettos and the Holocaust, and something like as a family culture, we're like this will we will not repeat this. We will protect this, you know, each other people from this ever happening again. She goes to say, quote, we celebrated holidays each year with the reminder to stand up and say never again. But what you were doing breaks that sacred promise. It breaks everything we were taught. How can you do to others what has been done to us? How can you wake up each day and repeat the cruelty that our people barely escaped from?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: And I guess with Trump like he would just be like, that's loser, shit, you're a loser, get out of here. And but with Steven Miller, his eyes starts twitching and his mouth gets wet, And.
Speaker 1: How dare you speak to me like this?
Speaker 4: You know, like that's what I'm picturing happening behind the scenes, just like spit flecking out of his mouth.
Speaker 3: Did you ever see that clip where Jesse Waters had his wife on't I didn't talk about it because it's Stephen Miller's wife. Yeah, and she she talks about his They talk about how he isn't bed.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I missed this one.
Speaker 5: You are married to Stephen Miller, so you are the envy of all women?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Wait? Does that he? This is? Is that? It is that I believe his wife the envy of all women.
Speaker 4: So he's just like nagging her husband.
Speaker 3: I should be having that like, this is okay, this is again one more time because he laughs, He's like, yo, I'm taking shots at your men right now.
Speaker 5: You are married to Stephen Miller, So you are the envy of all women.
Speaker 2: What is that like? A sexual matador?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: What is it like.
Speaker 4: Being married to such a sexual matador?
Speaker 3: He is an incredibly inspiring And then she goes on to just say some stupid boilerplate ship, but what.
Speaker 4: Weird sexual she It sounds like she was referencing something that somebody had said before.
Speaker 1: That definitely sounds like an inside joke.
Speaker 2: I think the ball is the female orgasm and.
Speaker 4: Just continually pulls the ring carpt away.
Speaker 3: You're never, never, never getting a satisfying touch out of Yeah. But anyway, I just I always think of the sexual never getting.
Speaker 1: Gourd no, yeah no.
Speaker 4: That would probably be cool to have your wife go on national TV, have the person who's interviewing her be like, yeah, so uh that that must be really cool. Everybody thinks he's hot and cool like you sarcastic, and then they make an inside sexual joke about you yea.
Speaker 1: To each other. I can't imagine what that would be like to a to a person.
Speaker 3: Also, this is Stephen Miller just like in the most loveless marriage where his like there's just all this extra barrital ship going.
Speaker 1: Like Jesse Waters too, honey, you know you're not she the one who went and worked for Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like there and they came back and everyone's like, oh, you left with Elon and everyone.
Speaker 4: Was like during thegulation, like at the height of the rift between Trump and the Trump administration and Elon Musk, she went and worked.
Speaker 3: For for Elon Musk and then came home. I don't know, there's this is this is there's a lot of weird. There's a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got she's got a type, which is an undiagnosed neurotypical fashionst.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, they the face that launched a thousand dipshits. So Stephen Miller was recently on Laura Ingram Show and I don't know again, like you were saying at the top, Jack, this guy's not good talking unless he's even when he's screaming, you're just like, oh my god, dude, calm down.
Speaker 4: Like Lemony's borrowing from like a historic Nazi speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly literally the words of Gerbels, but just slightly updated for today's audiences. This was him when he went on Laura Ingram show and she brings up that Alexandria Casio Cortes posted this video of him being like, dude, this guy is a loser, and the lor Ingram's like, hey, let's watch this together, and so we get the we get the wonderful benefit of seeing Steven Miller's face as like a side by side as as AOC is just poking fun, I will.
Speaker 4: Say, just up top, like we need better insult writers for the I agree that this isn't the best tact to go after him for being a short king apparently, but it's just it is interesting to watch his response to.
Speaker 3: Look, you know, democrats, like elected officials, say, for maybe a Jasmine Crockett, are good at just firing from the hip and just having a great burn.
Speaker 1: But again, the comedy writers, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, this is what they're fucking paying all these podcasters get a fucking writer's room together, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He gets we have some fire tweets.
Speaker 3: Anyway, here is Laura Ingram making Stephen Miller watch himself be made fun of.
Speaker 7: See is your your her favorite target? Apparently on Instagram check us out.
Speaker 6: He looks like he is angry about the fact that he's for ten, and he looks like he is so mad that he is for ten that he's taking that anger out at any other population possible.
Speaker 1: Like laugh at them, laugh at.
Speaker 7: Them, like laugh at them, laugh at them. I wish I had a hoodie on. I mean, we're trying to play sorority sister?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 7: I was at absorty over over the weekend over in Texas. I feel like I was back at the sorority house, except.
Speaker 3: The good clapback to what do or do you with a hood on it?
Speaker 1: Laura, don't do it to him like that?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Are you vaguely comfortable in your.
Speaker 5: Quick response, Well, we knew, we knew that her brain didn't work. Now we know their eyes don't work.
Speaker 1: So the.
Speaker 5: I mean she should she is?
Speaker 2: What a train wreck?
Speaker 1: What a drink?
Speaker 7: I think you should get You should just wear a hoodie from now on and respond to her.
Speaker 1: You should wear go ahead.
Speaker 5: I think the point is that every time she's on TV, Republican approval ratings go up, Democratic proper ratings go Damn.
Speaker 1: That lady is a walking.
Speaker 7: Nightmare and you're and you're you're about I know you for twenty years, you're about five fine eleven, about five ten.
Speaker 1: Red faced, last five ten, five ten again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just oh wow, what and now our eyes do what?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 4: We've known that their brains don't work, like the lady on the word work is like every poor kid who like goes viral for being like, oh, I'm gonna finally tell you what I bro, I think.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what's what? Just say he can't fuck? Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean? Like that's so above his mental pay grade, Like dude, he can't even fuck. Dude, look at you and they're like, well, uh I.
Speaker 3: Because like in this one he can respond with I'm five ten, I'm not four to ten, I'm five ten.
Speaker 1: Is this your wife on Jesse show? She's eating joke between them, that's what they call you when they're having sex, dude, and they.
Speaker 3: Laugh and they laugh sexual matador scause it's like such a inside joke.
Speaker 1: About how you fuck between your wife and Jesse Water.
Speaker 3: It is wild though, too, because if you think every time she's on and he comes up, she's always revealing some weird shit about him, Like you only like he loves mayonnaise. It was like that last thing when she had her podcast and she's like, oh, yeah, he likes mayonnaise. He's a mannaise guy's wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This may have been when you were out someone they were talking about, like, oh, what is he like? There was something about a condiment. I think it was jd Vance was talking about the kind of condiments that he likes, like jd Vance preferred, and she's like, oh, my husband, he's a mayo guy. Like he would just eat mayo if like he could eat mayo.
Speaker 1: With a spoon.
Speaker 3: So really, really turn on the sex appeal as you drink, as you eat a whole one gallon tub of Best Foods mayonnaise with a wooden ladle, and be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to kiss the night babe. It is an accurate snapshot of you know, he's a white supremacist and at least he's like steering into that, you know, and like, yeah, mayo is actually our national food.
Speaker 2: It's so like it's so immature, this like political back and for shit. Now, I can't wait till he has to have a press conference where he's like, my penis is totally normal, right, Yeah, completely normal, perfectly average. They report, just have to ask questions about it.
Speaker 1: What is average, sir? According to you? What I'm what I'm Is it good?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Good is? It's really good? Strong?
Speaker 1: Well, now we know your eyes don't work. I am five ten.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, sure, sure, but I mean there is something to say that he is being. He is more and more visible and sort of he kind of gets away with saying the really fucking out there shit too. I mean, obviously none of them are being held to account, but he's the one that really kind of pushes the envelope further and further and further. Although it's funny when he's pressed, like on CNN about being like, you guys are just profiling people racially, he hasn't quite crossed the rubicon into yeah, we are. He's like, that's that's absurd. That's absurd. So there's still this like protect like this fake.
Speaker 1: Sense of decency that he still tries to engage in despite on his face being Ninja Corples. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Moving on to the Supreme Court, where they're currently hearing arguments challenging a Colorado law banning the barbaric practice of conversion therapy. The case began with Christian licensed counselor Kayleie Childs, who's arguing Christian licensed Christian. Yeah, she's been licensed by Christianity to counsel people and arguing that her First Amendment rights are being violated. And she's like doing it as a it's it's not that you're regulating my speech, You're you're regulating professional conduct, Okay, and that is one thing we can't abide because like that, that's the way in is that. Sorry, steins don't have rights, but businesses do in this country, and.
Speaker 1: We can't allow that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so she'd all because they're saying, yeah, you can't torture people into into making them change who they are.
Speaker 1: That's that's really what we're talking about here. But again, sure, it's it's my First Amendment right to yes, counseled these children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And she's backed by the Alliance Defending Freedom, which is a depocketed right wing legal advocacy organization that known in some quarters as a hate group, by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and yeah, the American Psychological Association calls conversion therapy a huge danger, has compared it to torture and says that it could cause depression, suicidal ideation, self blind guilt, and loss of hope. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court appears to be like ready to side with them.
Speaker 1: With not the not the doctors.
Speaker 3: No, no, I mean the last few dumb ass the cases that the ADF has brought to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: You know they've ended up winning, Like you know where the woman's.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't design websites, but I was asked to design a website for a gay couple who is getting married, and and I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't say no. I have to be able to say no.
Speaker 3: There's all like this is what their whole sort of strategically he as a non website designer, just like this, this idea that you can change a person through psychological torture is so fucking backwards and I think speaks to what how many just conservatives just look at things. It's like, well, there's got to be a cure for that thing of who you are as a person. Maybe if I use covenant eyes, I won't be looking at weird porn because I have this app on my phone. Or maybe if I torture my child into denying who they are, they can conform more to what I think I need them to be et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But yeah, then my husband won't be addicted to grinder for all those terrible, despicable blowjobs all the time.
Speaker 1: He's exactly. There's demonic, demonic fallacio things that he Oh god.
Speaker 2: It's also like have these people only met eleven people in their lives? Like how do you not befriend gay people? You know what I mean? Like, how do you not have somebody come across your path and a person who is like kind and open hearted and also is gay.
Speaker 4: Very carefully but very carefully charting your course and just shutting out any fucking relationships. It's so bizarre.
Speaker 2: And also just the question of like, okay, if it's a choice, yeah, and what's your problem? Like that means that you could choose to be gay. That's so interesting because I don't feel like I can't, but your.
Speaker 4: Small amount of electrostruck therapy, I can just force myself to stop having those damned thoughts.
Speaker 3: Because this is again like I'm pretty sure with this, this isn't a case where like the there is an actual victim, like where they can be like, oh, these are under pro pro LGBTQ laws. Or something like, this is the thing they did. Like even with the there was like a football coach. They were pretend like they made up to be like this guy was told he couldn't pray, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like for the for the and set.
Speaker 3: Well they just I mean again, it's like always these hypothetical things to sort of get ahead of it just to be able to bring something in front of the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: Right, which again shows white people's incredible ability to victimize themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, they're so good at that. In mayonnaise, we fucking oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't get enough. Yeah, self pity and it's just a slappy mayo samiyah to go.
Speaker 3: I mean this is like a thing too, Like we're even like one of the heads of one of like the largest sort of quote unquote conversion therapy groups, Like they cut ties with the president and the founder because the guy was like, yeah, not one person has ever become straight because of this, right, So it's.
Speaker 4: Not the best batting average, so not we're we're working with a not one person average, yeah, which I think is a zero, which is a little bit below the Mendoza ligne. But we're into harming people, so that's kind of like what I mean we're here for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this is all just part of the campaign, you know, of to create just these out groups, and again, when it's legal to psychologically torture a gay person, then yeah, then we just have like this de facto discrimination against LGBTQ people. And now, like with all the anti trains shit going on, this is just like this is part of the fucking movement to be like yeah it's and that's okay, and that's normal, and shit, way too many states already have like it's legal, and way too many states as it is now.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. RuPaul's Dragrace. Man, it's so beaut like like every third episode they really tell a story about one of the queens and it's so beautiful and like heart wrenching. I was just, Okay, this will make sense in a second. Rip Jane Goodall, I was just listening to this interview with her and she was talking how she.
Speaker 1: She did this.
Speaker 2: She went and basically stopped scientists from practicing research on monkeys, and the way she did it because she would go there and see these apes who she loved in cages. She would go there and tell them stories about monkeys and show them footage of monkeys playing and like in the you know, in the Amazon and like lasing around and enjoying each other's company. And she was like, the way you change people is by telling them stories. It's not about being like bullied into changing your mind or you need to change change, right. Yeah, projecting your bullshit hate onto somebody who else is just absurd and says so much more about these people than the people that are trying to convert, who are fine, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: You harm people who represent something in your mind that you are trying to fight with shame, and then you use shame on them to make them feel the pain you're feeling.
Speaker 1: Flame.
Speaker 3: But all these like you know, right wing conservatives always talk about it is like there's like there isn't an like the ability to shame people back into the closet or whatever isn't as potent as it used to be, and like that has to come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and look at Barry Weiss's blog. And somebody who seems to feel like too too little shame, I would say, in some respect, she.
Speaker 1: Will be right back.
Speaker 4: And we're back, We're back. And so Barry Weiss is the free Press?
Speaker 3: Berry, are you doing that to fuck the like the disrespect, but fuck you Barry Weiss.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not like Barry Pepper, Bari Weiss's free Press, which is like the blog she started after she left the New York Times because they like were too woke for her allegedly, and it's it's got.
Speaker 1: Some I don't know, I haven't like paid that much attention. Like every once in a while people be like, look at the wild ship that they're saying over there.
Speaker 4: But the guys at Choppo just pulled out an article from this in relation to that Tillie Norwood story that we've been talking about.
Speaker 1: This is an.
Speaker 4: AI actor, like a fake AI actress, and they've created a fake story around it where there's like fake interest from Hollywood in her and like they're like she's gonna get signed by a talent agency and this is all being like perpetuated by somebody who is starting a talent agency for AI talent. So anyways, the article, this is an article where I guess it's an op edge from somebody.
Speaker 9: Named Taylor cow Taylor Cowen, Yeah, and it's it's a very standard form of like conservative op ed piece where he's lamenting the state of film and how we don't make movies like Barry.
Speaker 4: Linden anymore, a movie that is a movie that's mainly known for having been shot on only candlelight. So like it's specifically like a thing about a artist's vision that they were like, I'm going to do something very challenging. I've only lit this using candle light, like to lit it only using like the things that were available to the people at the time he puts heat. So in that context, he somehow gets excited about the technology of AI actresses because and I'm just gonna read the subpet, all right, So the title is my favorite actress is not human.
Speaker 3: That's already such a red flag. This is already your favorite actress.
Speaker 1: Because she's only been in like two minutes worth of clips and just to he doesn't know anything, as we pointed out.
Speaker 4: Like Tillie, nor would if you haven't seen her, like some one of the first tweets to somebody that I saw as nobody make about her that was like, of course, like the first AI actress they make as a teen girl, because it's like then you can control her and make you do, make her do whatever you want. Anyways, the subhead Tillie Norwood doesn't need a hairstylist, has no regrettable posts. And if you wish to see a virgin on screen, this is one of your better chances.
Speaker 3: That's because she's AI at FBI tag.
Speaker 1: Fuck what you wish to see a virgin on screen? Who is watching.
Speaker 4: Movies with the like evaluating the performance of an actor based on like what.
Speaker 1: They like, whether they've had sex?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love how much these dudes hate it when women have sex.
Speaker 3: Oh my, I remember when there used to be virgins on screen, Like what when I'd watch Mickey mouse Club or.
Speaker 1: Something like what are you saying? Dude?
Speaker 2: They never at six? So anybody they've never been touched?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 1: Did you subscribe to the Free Press to read the rest?
Speaker 4: So I couldn't read the rest of the article because I will not be giving them their mind. I looked on the way back Machine to try and find like a cash version, but they even the way back machine, like couldn't find a cash like. I don't think anybody want to watch the list?
Speaker 1: They're like, you want to read this for real? What it truly feels like a.
Speaker 4: Confession to a crime, and it's just treated by this and apparently incredibly valuable media outlet as like just normal media criticism.
Speaker 3: But it's I mean, it's wild that she got one hundred and fifty million dollars payout basically from Larry Ellison, Like just that grift, isn't It's just fucking next level. It's like you're like, the New York Times is too woke for my backwards ask like the New York Times really okay, go on New York Times and they're like, I'm starting this whole new thing and a university to teach people. And then you end up with one hundred and fifty million dollars and now you're running CBS News, so you can probably maybe give this guy more airtime hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then maybe they will make all that you requirement for being a successful actor will be be being a virgin, which should be great because then it'll just be like clumsy, awkward, sweaty goofballs read.
Speaker 4: Lines right right right, just goes back to Yeah, it's all like thirty something men who are like just awkward and like with with wigs.
Speaker 1: On and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it's not like there you know, if this dude was a sexual great, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is he talking about it?
Speaker 4: I think we all know that we've longed to see an actor on screen who's a virgin, right, Like.
Speaker 1: That's that's something like it just opens, like it opens it starts from there. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is by the way that like the picture of him, he looks to be what mid sixties.
Speaker 3: This guy mid mid sixteen hundreds probably like he looks like shit and he looks like he I mean, this is the thing with the Tilly Norwood stuff when it first came out, like the people who were so into it was this idea like it became this like.
Speaker 8: Oh, I love virtual girl puppet for my pleasure and I make it do what as I please, and it's perfect and it's in my vision. And for whatever reason, this Tyler Cowan guy is.
Speaker 3: Like and it's a virgin, and you're like Jesus fucking Christ, like there's something this is so much deeper than fucking AI. People with this idea of like, well, if I can't control women physically and in real life, in physical space, then the next best thing are these like sort of algorithmic creations that still activate my senses as if.
Speaker 1: It's a woman and I control it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's totally. It's totally being afraid of women, which I you know, I get women are scary, they're they're beautiful and they can hurt you.
Speaker 1: Do that bit from you that do that section from your stand up special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've never farted. I've never play.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no, never farted. All right, should we talk about hip hop miles?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Should we get into some old head ship here.
Speaker 3: Look, I know this sounds old, like some old head shit, but the data is backing up this old head take sure, which I need, Okay, because I also need that None of my beliefs are being reinforced in reality right now for some reason, none of my values. But yeah, eleven years ago, like fifty on Snoops, like you know YouTube live show where he just like they just gets incredibly high and then just like ramble about shit, where at the time they were both like, man, nothing sounds like different. Back when I was coming up, everyone had their own style, there was their own sound, and now everything sounds the same, which again felt at that time especially just felt like an old head comment about the sort of new state of rap. But a new study like analyze some of the top songs over like a ten year period, and the data does show like a creative homogenization that has like occurred. And I don't think it's because of because rap is just like like lost its way. It's because fucking algorithms are incentivizing this sort of creative conformity as a way to access audiences. So this was I believe these French researchers shout out the French, you know, for taking the art seriously. They were looking at so like there's a playlist on Spotify called rap Caviar, yeah, which is like where all the new shit drops. And if you're like an up and coming artist, like your mission in life is to get on rap Caviar because that's how you begin to sort of enter the mainstream. And so they looked at like just sort of the hits on rap Caviar over like a course of ten years and just analyzed it. And so they said, contemporary hip hop songs are sixty percent more similar in their word usage than tracks from two decades ago. Nearly ninety percent used the same drum kit, meaning the eight to zho eight drum kit, which you know it was like originally like a trap thing and then now just became like the standard is everything's eight h eight drums Now specifically, forty three of fifty songs follow one of two nearly identical drum patterns, like down to the rhythms, Like it's like forty three of fifty are doing one of two drum patterns. And song duration has also changed, so again, like it's this is all kind of talking about, like the samp. The art of sampling's gone too, Like that was a thing in the golden era of hip hop, Like you needed people like DJ Premier, who's like a jazz freak genius fan of jazz, to pull all these samples to give you all these iconic instrumentals because it came from somebody who's like interacting with older work. Now they're saying, rather than doing samples, producers are doing interpolations to pay like sort of less money than directly sampling, and that has that has increased like exponentially over the years, and now it's even changed the business of like publishing, where people are just trying to buy up whole catalogs to try and get like that sampling or interpolation money that's out there, but again pointing out all these different artists who are using just interpolations of existing songs or even hip hop songs from ten years ago to sort of get on the charts. And they say this is all because of Spotify's use of playlists, and that's affecting things like run time for songs, Like their songs are like a minute and ten seconds shorter than they used.
Speaker 1: To be like twelve years ago.
Speaker 3: And because Spotify doesn't count a song as like a listen until you've listened to thirty seconds, it also incentivizes producers to put like the hook earlier to get like the catchy part going to sort of be like okay, we need them to get that thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Like it's all just being sort of gamified in this.
Speaker 4: Is rap caviar a like a editorially like selected choice of songs or is it based on like plays and like how popular something.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: I mean, they have editors at Spotify who are like gonna put stuff in there, but they're also looking at data too, and so it's like a combination of too. Because I feel like in La for like the last couple of years, like all I hear is gonna on the radio, right, and like and I in working in radio. I remember at the time when I worked at Power one those six I was like what the fuck because I remember just being there and asking someone like, how come we're only playing the same fucking ten songs right, because like, you know, the musical directors like a DJ, so like you know, we both like music.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but how come you can't play like other shit?
Speaker 3: He's like, man, it's just because the way the ratings work, if someone has like a PPM, like a personal like listening meter device that the use for like Nielsen ratings, they they need to count on it being something that a person's gonna stay on the radio, So they keep playing the hits just to keep someone there because they need it for the ratings. It's not even for the quality of the listen for the other people. It's in case someone has one of these personal listening meters on and that counts for them as someone tuning into the radio station.
Speaker 1: So it's based on it just sounds.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get sense of, like how this winnowing down is being done, right, It sounds like there are people who are doing analysis with the algorithms to like kind of put a certain set of songs in front of people that are then further winnowed down by like people's preferences and and then the algorithms interaction with people's preferences. Yeah, so it's just it homogenizes things, like because it's just going through all these levels of like anticipation based on previous artwork of what people are going to like, as opposed to like, movies are still this art form where like there's a lot of bullshit out there, but at least like you still sometimes get a thing that is like, well that is like an idea, a vision for something that was inside someone's head and then it like came out.
Speaker 2: But there's still there's still plenty of in this keeping that analogy with movies, There's still plenty of good hip hop and there always has been.
Speaker 1: Right, It's just like what is the hits? Is the question?
Speaker 2: And dude, Young Young Thudd just had those phone calls released where he admitted to paying fifty grand to get bodies for the Gun album, Right, so it's like all that stuff starting to get exposed. Is the payola issue that it is well.
Speaker 3: And I think the other part too, is like it's Spotify's model, right, Like they want they want binge ability so they have more people using it. So then like if you're if you're like on the ad supported version, they can show advertisers like this is how many people still engage with our platform. But they want it to keep basically keep people from skipping songs. So like the same thing with discovery. It's easy to passively discover a thing if you're using like smart shuffle, which is going to suggest things to you, like, well, I don't want to listen to the same album, but I am listening to this one track and now let me put smart Shuffle on. And now you're saying, algorithm feed me and need.
Speaker 1: Me things that are structurally similar to this exactly, yeah, and then decentivizes experimentation.
Speaker 3: And I think that that that's why, like I think a lot of the artists that do really well now like are somewhat different and they don't get lost in the sea of like eight oh eights and auto tunes and like I like that shit too, but knowing too, I know other people who are musicians and also talk about they're like, bro, I have to get on this Spotify list, Like it's just yeah, the shit is so fucking different now.
Speaker 1: It's like, that's the way I'm gonna get even discovered.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm doing a song that even sounds like this. This is a quote from someone who was of like an Inner Scope and an M Records basically compared quote the Power to New York's Hot ninety seven radio station in the nineties. Quote, a song goes in rap caviar and everyone pays attention. But landing a spot on rap caviar requires conforming to certain sonic standards. Songs must blend seamlessly into hours long listening sessions. So again there's this incentive to be like, well, if you can kind of be vibrationally with what's going on here, that's how you're going to get it now, old heads, old heads.
Speaker 1: You know, we're still taking through cricks, you know what I mean. I'm still trying to unearth new gems. But I totally get though too.
Speaker 3: How when I listen to like a curated or algorithmic like you might like this track based on what or this playlist based on the song you're playing, it's sort of it's not always like what I'm looking for, and it also ends up like They also in their analysis said that the content lyrically is also changing, like there's less storytelling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, empirically lyrically miraclely less miraclely, Yes, sir, I do have to. I keep telling you that those crazy treading through are just old milk bottles.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, They're terrible. They smell.
Speaker 2: It's just Steely Dan records.
Speaker 1: But I love it.
Speaker 2: No, but it's it's I don't know, man. I grew up love loving hip hop. I still do. And uh, it really is a fascinating thing to watch it. Everything go from like day Lessel Pete, Rock Steale, smooth Public Enemy nw A to you know what I mean to now what it's become, to the separation between like overground and underground that is so distinct. And that's why Kendrick Lamar is so fascinating because he's he so brilliantly walks that line. And I love the heat the way he uses like mystery. He's not like chasing the algorithm. He just like yeah, yeah exactly, and then watch the party die seems to predict what's happened, what has happened and is happening in Atlanta. Like it's a really fat he's like John Henry to me or something, you know what I mean, Like he's and and dude, the new JID record is really great. Yeah, I mean, like that's the thing. Like there's a lot of good young rappers.
Speaker 1: There's so many good rappers. But I think that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think the harm is that we've totally we've seated our ability to discover new music to an algorithm, and we're become passive and and like you know, like his radio isn't gonna You're not You're not always going to hear some shit they're like, oh wait, what was that that?
Speaker 2: Because again and that that is so magical, Like the first time I had heard they reminisce over you on the radio is like a cosmic trip. Like there's nothing like hearing something brand new that's also beautiful, you know. So that's like a loss. That's kind of a lot. And two, of course, it's separating everything into like the one percent and everything else, like that's what capitalism ultimately is designed to do.
Speaker 3: Other thing, just as like a music nerd, that was really jarring to me in this analysis was that like basically everything is being quantized now like nothing. And quantization is how like when if you're making a beat, if you play slightly off the beat or something, and you quantize it, it snaps it onto a rigid like rhythmic grid, so there is no feel. Yeah, dude, I love it, Like you know, J Dilla one of my favorite producers. Yeah right, that's the And if you listen to Q tip too come from the similar production philosophy.
Speaker 1: They didn't quantize their beats. That's why, like tribe beats have a fucking human feel to them because it's not on this like rigid quantized grid. And now quantization has been like just completely the norm now, so you don't even get the nuances of just a little bit of drift rhythmically that give make it feel like a person's making it again.
Speaker 2: Which is like kind of interesting in small amounts. That's kind of interesting. Like there's like when new wave shit happened, everything became electronic in the sort of interesting way. But I think that's that's that kind of like, uh, it just needs to be not the only existing thing on the radio, Like we need to have both, do you know what I'm saying like they're yeah, I really I really believe that.
Speaker 4: I mean, talk about the only existing thing on the radio, like the music used to be the only option, and now you've got a little little couple guys named Jack.
Speaker 1: And Miles for people to uh.
Speaker 3: And so I'm not going to take all the blame for this, but I'm not gonna say music industry fucking desperate.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're like a couple of we're hemorrhaging listeners to the terrible job at chasing the algorithm, And we are in no way desperate.
Speaker 4: And yes, we do have those little moments where when we sense that the show's lagging, we insert a thing where we go wha wait, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, no, no, no wait, don't you do what? Don't switch to the radio. The radio sucks everybody. I guess I should just quit.
Speaker 3: And if this is news to you as a listener, that means you haven't been listening all the way through to the episodes where we beg with tears in our eyes for you to stick around for the.
Speaker 1: Man mort Burke.
Speaker 4: What a pleasure haveing you as always on the daily like gust, Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Follow you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Yes, at Burke on Instagram. I'm posting sketches that I just this is interesting what we were talking about. I just had a meeting with the social media teacher the other day to try to help me figure out how to make my ship more palatable.
Speaker 1: So I like palatable, like I'm it's caustic and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, first is I'm gonna get leg implants and a bunch of really a bunch of your implants and there gues.
Speaker 1: We're doing number one on the list.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we're posting sketches on there every week, so check it out. I'm really proud of them. And the fiftieth episode of Rebrand comes out this Wednesday. Which episode will be out when this is out?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Which come for episode fifty we talk about all the different things we rebranded and things that we thought we made up that aren't made up. Actually things that we thought didn't exist but do exist, like a Penny Farthing motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff like that. But go listen to the old episodes too. We got episodes with Ron Funches, River Butcher, Bug Williamson, James Williams, all these really fun people.
Speaker 1: Sounds great.
Speaker 2: Is there a work Amedia that you've been enjoying. You know what, guys, is the skateboard Liaison. I want to briefly talk about the somewhat polarizing new ACEIX skate video. I like it. Directed by Jacob Harris, who you either like his style of your don't. It's a little dreamy, a little Lynchiana, a little bit, yeah, a little bit. It's a weird skate video that some people hate, some people love. But I like it because everybody's not wearing a Monster Energy hat. I always think footage looks cooler when you're not all and God bless the dudes who got against but you know what I mean, make the money for sure, nothing against.
Speaker 1: Those das A six had a skate team, now that's.
Speaker 2: What's kind of interesting about it. And they're yeah, so it's corporate shoe wear, which isn't great for the independent shoe companies, but they they're hiring some good, good people on the team. Yeah. This dude of Quasi is so good. Man, so sick check it out.
Speaker 4: Amazing miles Where can people find you? Is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, find me everywhere At Miles of Gray. You can find me talking about ninety day on four to twenty day fiance with Sofia Alexandra. Just a thing that made me feel old, but just a fact weight where to go. Well, it doesn't matter because this is just a factoid that I read. But it was just a fact about how Vladimir Vladimir's Guerrero Junior and Senior are the only father son duo to hip post season Grand Slams. And I was like, wow, that brought it to here to my because I remember when he came on the scene with no batting gloves.
Speaker 1: I was like, who, this guy's a fucking lost but hands full of splinters, just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just tough Dominican hands beating the ship.
Speaker 1: Out of the ball.
Speaker 3: I love you, vlad Guerrero Senior and June shout out to the fucking Blue Jays man because they are They beat the ship out of the Yankees the other day.
Speaker 1: And part of me.
Speaker 3: Is wonders if, like he's like, I wonder like, is the that the hatred of how America has become so backwards as your southern neighbor, Well that power like the Blue Jays to a World Series.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wouldn't mind I wouldn't mind. I mean, I mean Dodgers over the Dodgers man too.
Speaker 3: You know, we spent way too much money to fuck this up, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Of my money.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter, Jack undersquorel Brian blue Sky at Jack ob the number one uh working media I've been enjoying. Helen at Helen on Twitter's said, let's be clear, the best invention in the last five years is not chat GPT, it's NERD's gummy clusters. Oh fuck yeah, that is Corrista.
Speaker 1: That's just following them. Helen at h l e n oh Helen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hell yeah the best.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Twitter and blue Sky at Daily Zeikeeist. Where at the Daily Zeikeeist on Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and there at the bottom you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information.
Speaker 1: That we talked about in today's episode.
Speaker 4: We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Our algorithm tells us that you might enjoy this song. Miles, is there a song that you think that people ask.
Speaker 3: Man rough Squad, okay, so rough Squad is like a grime crew from the UK in it from back in the day. But like I've just been I've heard some of the beats from the Rough Squad come out in like different mixes, and I've just been diving back in. There's one track, one of their most famous tracks, called Together. It's got like this messaging a bottle like guitar sample in it, but it's also got like this timbling style rhythm going with it.
Speaker 1: It's just dope.
Speaker 3: It's just it feels nostalgic and for the old heads, you know what I mean, Let's fucking feel like like when we were in our heyday, you know when I used to wear two head bands at the same time on my head. But this is Together by Rough Squad are u F F s q W A D squad.
Speaker 4: Interesting. They even have like kind of old funky spelling.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, funky cold idea funky.
Speaker 4: Cold medina right right behind funky cold funky in spelling as an ignore me.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well off, turn this off. Weren't you so scared? All right? The Daily's Eyegeich is the production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio, w AP, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 1: Bye. The Daily Zeite guys as Executive produced by Catherine Long.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wag.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j m mcnapp, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,