Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Y. I am Jaselle Bryant. Up, what's up. I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. Yes, Jesus loves me. Do you know that that's what the Bible says. Yes, yeah, the Bible tells me. By the Bible tells me. So thank you. Whitney Houston, we love you. Whitney's gone, Prince is gone, Michael Jackson is gone. Quincy Jones is Quincy Jones. Yes, I'm so sad about Quincy Well. I'm I'm actually okay, let me say that. Put it in perspective. He lived a huge life exactly like he did his big one. Yes, every day. But I just thought he would live forever. I know.
Speaker 1: And I just think when you think about like music itself, and like all of the legends that we've lost, and not just I think about like like who's going to carry that legacy on, it's.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of people. I think he was one of one. I don't think anybody there's there's no because you have to keep in mind he was studying and learning about music when he was like eight or something crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then yeah, and he lived through the times of like segregation and you know, just having to just kind of fight through all of the challenges being a black man in the music industry and his artists and so yeah, it's just.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's another one gone, another one gone. But his music, guess what lives on for it sure does. But I do think, like Whitney Houston, like who who is next? Who who we don't really have, like yeah, after like Mariah Carrey, Like who has like a voice like that? Well, Adele, Adele has a boy. We have Adele Jennifer Hudson. But they just don't see to have I don't know, they're not like Whitney impact. Yes, Whitney was everything, but like do you know Quincy like wrote everything, composed everything, like they when when he passed, like they were like talking about all the all the music that we didn't know that he did. He did it all. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was a big factor behind a lot of people's career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, So I saw there was an interview him talking about Michael Jackson and so remember that song. You know what I'm talking about I don't know the name of that one. Yeah. Yeah, so they did it, and Quincy, I mean, and Michael Jackson called him and was like kill the violence in the beginning where it's like and he was Quinsy was like no. So Michael was like, I love it, but like kill the violence. Like it was this big violent conversation, and Quincy was like, first of all, you're not gonna tell me what to do on the song that I created, right, You just hear singing and without the violins, the song is stupid. Yeah. Yeah, and the violins made the song. Yes, So Michael Jackson, you were wrong exact Quincy, you were right exactly. Yes, Okay, moving on. Do you have a shady moment?
Speaker 1: I do, so this is not really my shady moment, but like Corey's shady moment.
Speaker 2: Oh hey Corey.
Speaker 1: Yes, so Corey is he's working on getting his driver's license. Yeah, he just has one more session in the car with the person driving around.
Speaker 2: Love it? What company? Well, can you say the company? Y'all use it? Because mine was like real ghetto but it was great. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah the ghetto one. Is it Habershaft Happer. No, this is called CBS. Okay, but I'm about to tell you about the ghetto ness. Okay, driving school, Yeah, drib school. This said mine was funny but great. So uh, first of all, he's like in these cars that are like super teeny tiny or like, oh my gosh, I'm drive for two hours, I'm I'm in pain whatever, blah blah blah. But he tells me that while he was driving, Yeah, his instructor was passed out asleep. Okay, the girls would tell me that theirs was on the phone. Really like add down on the phone, you're not even looking. Yes, this woman was passed out on the street. I'm on the slumped over. He was like she was snoring and ever and then she would like wake up randomly and he would have like one hand on the wheel and she'd be like, oh you got one hand on the wheel. Stop. And so then he would like, you know, get back to are we gonna say the name? We're not going to say the name. I think I did just say the name. But it's fun. I was like, Okay, that's comedy crazy. Like what if he was a horrible driver, Like what if he really needed you to instruct him on how to drive? Well? Let me, let me give it to you a step further. Grace doesn't know how to park. Oh and she's had her license for years now. So I was just in Florida with her. She wanted to drive the in a car, which, by the way, you shouldn't do because, like she she's too young. Yeah, you gotta be like twenty five and up right. Oh really did drive run a car? I think, so, okay, enterprise, don't kill me. But she Grace was driving to run the car because she wanted to like be in control of like showing me everything. Right. So we get to Target because you know we're gonna we're gonna do a target run. And it is a full parking lot at Target, and there was like two cars and then there was an empty spot in the middle of the two cars. She couldn't pull it. She could not pull in. She just I said, so you can't park, right. And so she was like, well, you know, I have a little car, because you know, there is really little I said, this car, the car that we were driving, it wasn't an suv or anything. It was little. She was like, I said, so the people didn't teach you how to park? Oh my god. She was like, well, my they was like always on their phone and stuff, and I was like, oh, you know how to park? Does not not know how to park? I said, get out. I told her to get out the car. I will park, right.
Speaker 1: I believe that because Corey has struggle parking. I think that's just like, of course a great driver. But when it comes to parking, he's like, oh so they haven't gotten to the parking lesson.
Speaker 2: Well that's important because that's a part of the driving test.
Speaker 1: Right to pass the test, but can we speak on the driving test like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know everywhere else? Actually, well they did add a road driving on the road, on the road portion.
Speaker 1: I know when I got my test, it was like, okay, driving this, you know this little course, right, just drive around and as long as you could parallel park and stop at the stop sign, you got your license.
Speaker 2: Like now it's a little more, well you do have to drive on the street. Yeah, so now you do have to drive on this. But when she parked Grace in particular for her driving test, she was like it was it was horrible, okay, but then she looked at the guy and she was like, was it good? So because she was cute, he was passed to let her go and she had to. So can she parallel park? No? None of my children can parallel park, none of them. But I think that's a DC thing, to be honest with you, because, oh, I'm sorry. When I got so when I originally got my license, I got it in DC. Parallel park was part of the test. Yeah, you had to parallel park, and a lot of people fail. Parallel parking is you know, it's a little bit of a skill set. Yeah, my kids don't know how to do it, okay, and they say that you don't really need it. This is my kids say, unless you're in DC. But that's not true. That's not true at all. But Grace, she can't even that's not she's in but that's downtown. But that's the that's true, right, that's that's not true. So anyway, and now, and.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, God forbid, they don't have a camera in the car.
Speaker 2: Right to look? Yeah, yeah, yeah, this car had a camera and she still couldn't park. I was like, this is horrible. Yeah that's funny. Yeah, So tell Corey, well you got to teach Corey how to park. Yeah, yeah, we'll definitely, we'll definitely spend more time. He's getting better.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the the lady was passed out sleep and then when she was awake, she was cussing people out.
Speaker 2: Yes, Auntie out here cussing people out. Okay. So my shady moment is it deals with like, and I'm not going to say the name of the company, but there's a company that if I and it seven twice, if I buy one thing, they all of a sudden put me on a subscription plan. Oh yeah, Oh so you and I talked before and you were like, which is you probably checked something, so the second time I bought it, so the first time or.
Speaker 1: It was automatically checked and you didn't realize it was automatically.
Speaker 2: And so you have to uncheck. So the first time I happened, I called them and they're like, oh, just keep the stuff up. Nope, no, So I sent it back okay. So I ordered something again, okay, and I just recently got a whole other case of stuff that I did not order. Okay. So it's causing me now to never order anything from them ever, because this is what y'all do. This is the scheme, right, Yeah, that's how they get people. That's how they get people because then I have to go out my way to return it and all that. So that for me is like it's not even shady. It's like it should be illegal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it shouldn't. They should not be allowed to make that the selection first, Like you should have have to choose the subscription. You shouldn't have to unchoose the subscription totally. That's like in my house, one kept getting these damn packs of Rise mushroom coffee at first of Macha macha macha, notchroom.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's both. It's Macha mushroom coffee. So okay, where'd that come from? Right?
Speaker 1: Because number one he doesn't even drink coffee, but he he's if I could tell you.
Speaker 2: All the stuff he buys off a room.
Speaker 1: He's a sucker for Instagram shit, right, hence my six hundred and ninety nine dollars juicer.
Speaker 2: Yes that I love. Do you use? Do use? I do use it every day? You should use it every day? Not every day? Okay, I mean try to like it's so crazy. So now we're on a tangent.
Speaker 1: I'll try to like make a enough juice that I can like put in a picture and they can drink from it.
Speaker 2: They it's like the juice is so good it is. They crush it like the same day that I make. But you have to buy like a million I know, yeah, like apples.
Speaker 1: I know, so BJ's and Costcos that's where we gotta go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I hate that place. So the rise.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how he ordered this ship, right, So I look in the like he just kept getting these packets. He never opened them, like he buys stuff and then never opens the package, never uses it. So finally, after like the fifth one came, I'm like, let me taste this ship. That ship was the nastiest ship I've ever Oh.
Speaker 2: So it's like already done coffee. It's like powder.
Speaker 1: It's like it comes in like a pack, a bagpack or whatever, and it's like, you know, as a scooper in it.
Speaker 2: It's a powder.
Speaker 1: Just put it in some almond milk or whatever and you drink it.
Speaker 2: It is the most It was the most sing thing I ever tasted. And I'm like, no, like, pull up this freaking website and unsubscribe. Okay, but could you simply unsubscribe or did you have to go through jumpson who.
Speaker 1: He had to go through jumpson who he had to like email them and call them and.
Speaker 2: All that type of So you know that they're trying to stop that, right Okay, Oh yeah, I did see that.
Speaker 1: That was something that I think Biden or you know, the administration was trying to do, like to make the subscription stuff regulated or something, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's a man in Ohio that canceled his credit card to escape an uncancellable gym membership. Yes, I do. You know what's crazy? You and so I've been there before, me too.
Speaker 1: You can't just say give me a new card with a new number like they still somehow are able to charge it.
Speaker 2: I have ship I have Oh you mean talking about the gym?
Speaker 1: Who like, whoever has this, whoever has your card on a recurring charge? Okay, So it's not enough to say I want I want a new card, like close.
Speaker 2: This card and give me a new number and give me a new number. Yeah, because it's still the same account, Like you have to fully close the account and open a fully new card. So because I have stuff that's to I have a PlayStation charge on my card sixty five ninety five every month, and I ask everyone in my house who is this for? Who is using this? And none of them know who it belongs to.
Speaker 1: So I call and I say, you.
Speaker 2: All are charging me every month? How do like? Can you stop? And they're like, well, what's the account number? I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No one in my house knows who this belongs to, so I can't even tell you the account number.
Speaker 2: I said, just stop it. I'm like, can I give you my card number and you can look it up and stop? And they're like, no, we can't do that.
Speaker 1: Like they cannot stop charging my card, but if I have gotten a new card with a new number.
Speaker 2: They find a way they still charge my card. Now that's crazy and you should not that should not be happen. I don't want to fully close my credit card account for five hours and nine nine cents, yes, and then open a new one and like you know, have a I have a different interest rate, have a different credit limit, all of that. No, I cannot cancel. But they're saying that there's now like new laws saying that you can get out of like gym memberships and all this kind of stuff. Let's hope. Yeah, unless somebody changes it. Yeah you should, I mean like, yeah, it's somebody like with orange hair. Okay, so do we think because I think this is genius, genius, genius, Okay, seven up in the flavor of a Shirley Temple? Yeah, like should they make one? Yes? No, it's in the works. Yes. Isn't that genius? That is genius? Yes? Because I love Shirley just like finally, right, like why didn't we think about this a little ago?
Speaker 1: I wonder though, how good it will taste, because I feel.
Speaker 2: Like the best part is like that. Yes. Yeah, so it's got to be heavy grenadine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be like good. Yeah, the grenadine has to be good and.
Speaker 2: Throw that cherry well you're not gonna be.
Speaker 1: But but no, I mean that's simple as a sprite with or seven up with grenadine in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious to see how that turns out. But I do think that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a great idea. I don't know why they haven't thought of it. I should have thought of it. Yeah, okay, So also I wanted to share with you, Wait a minute, one more thing. Okay, did we talk about the people in Japan who park far? We talked about that right. So in Japan, because they're more civilized than Americans, I'm convinced those who arrive early to work part further away from the workplace to allow those who arrived late to make it on time. Underst standing, do you see this parking lot? Damn, So there's a parking lot that could have the picture that I'm looking at. There's a parking lot that could I don't know, maybe a thousand cars in this parking lot. They are the furthest from the building and they are around. How nice is that?
Speaker 1: That is so courteous and kind. I thank you people of Japan.
Speaker 2: But is this for petuating the Robin Dixons of the world. Is this perpetuating late people because we're giving you the best spots? Yeah, I mean it's definitely. It's allowing Robin to say, you know what, I'm going to definitely have a space when I get to work because all of my fellow co workers are nicer and kind for me and have looked out for you and get up on time.
Speaker 1: So you would be like, hell, no, I don't know them.
Speaker 2: I feel like me getting there early. The reward that I get is that park in the front. I see that I agree with that. And if and if I allow you to park in the front thing, you're gonna come late all the time, right, I agree with that. Yes, yes, if I know that, Okay, I can just pull right in. Yes, yeah, right, you're gonna you're gonna do it. Also, unless I get more on my paycheck for a parking lok. Right, you get a bonus. If there's a bonus at the end of the year, that I'll bark as far as you get a bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that is kind of like handicapping the people who are.
Speaker 2: Late late because they get But the question is do people in Japan have a problem with lateness. Probably not, probably not. Yeah, so they are probably no Robin Dixon's.
Speaker 1: It's probably more so like they just get there super early and they're just making room for the people who get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah on time, right, totally yeah. Yeah. Yeah, So that's interesting. That is very interesting. Also interesting was Dwayne Wade's statue. Oh, yes, we didn't talk about it. We did not talk about his statue. So d Wade got a statue unveiled at in Miami, Yes, in front of I don't know the name of there. Is it still American Airlines arena. It's just something I know it was at some point. Okay, So and it was like a whole big to do. Yes, this whole family was there, right Yeah. I mean if you get a statue put outside of an arena, that's big deal. Off your team, like you, you made a huge impact and they want to honor you. Ye. It was a huge honor, huge honor. So they unlift the curtain. They unlifted the curtains, unlifted what's the word failed, unveiled the curtain or smoke was going everywhere. It was a whole production. Yes, they got Steven Spielberg to like produce it. Just kidding, okay, so big production. And then we look at the statue and we're like, who is that? Who is this? And we were all thinking it was Laurence Fishbird. We were like, we're thinking this is not We're in the major. Yes, we're in the matrix. We're in the matrix shop at d Wade swallowed the blue pill. Oh my gosh. That was weird, but obviously a great a great honor for d West. It's a great honor. But they got to take that thing down animated not an he made an animated face and then they made a brode that made an ugly statue. That's what it would look like. That thing's awful. It's not awful. That was weird, so you know what. He had no reaction, by the way, Yeah, he kind of had like a he had like a smile. It was like a herd. I felt. Didn't tell if it was like, oh, you know, oh, this is amazing. They gave made a statue. He was like, what the But what's crazy is did you know this? He actually like saw the statue while it was being made made. Oh and he never said that doesn't look like me. I guess not.
Speaker 1: But I think what happens is there's something that gets a little lost in translation when it goes from like the beginning part of the statue, when the molding bronze it, Ah, right, okay, but I was curious even even if I didn't like the pose, like.
Speaker 2: No, the pose was whack. Yeah, it was weird. It's like his.
Speaker 1: Mouth his mouth is open, and I didn't I didn't understand who chose that actual Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well he doesn't. I don't feel like Dwane Wade has like a signature pose like yeah, Jordan has like the job man, I felt like Kobe had you know it's Kobe. Yeah, this is is actually disturbing. Yeah yeah, this and they gave him a beard. He didn't have a beard while he was playing. I don't think or if it was like the I think the statue has a beard. It looks like it has a bear. Actually the statue looks like your uncle at the barbecue, like it looks like anybody, yeah, anybody and everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird because I was just like there before I saw that, he actually like saw it prior to I was like, okay, they got to have somebody checking in with this sculptor and saying like how I was going, can.
Speaker 2: We see the prototype? Can we see your in your vision?
Speaker 1: And I was just like where did they come up with this this pose, this face, this and how did we get here? But I think something just gets messed up when they bronze it.
Speaker 2: Lost in translations, somebody wrote, with all the technology, they still managed to come up short. Who the hell is this? And the sculptor, you know, he defended his work, so did he he did? Okay? Everybody said looked like Laurence Fishburn And to Kimbe Matumbo rest in peace. I don't know. Do you think they'll change it?
Speaker 1: Because they did change Oh is it changed? The soccer player Ronaldo that he had some like ahead a bust of himself somewhere I don't know where it is, and it was he looked like a cartoon character like his bust, and they changed it.
Speaker 2: They did, they fixed it. Yeah, so he probably had to pay for that though, But he has beyond gobbles gobbles of do you know, have you ever seen his girlfriends? They have a Netflix she does. I've never watched it. I've watched it. I absolutely love her. Oh good. Yeah, her name is Georgina, and I feel like we've talked about that. We talked about Georgina a little bit, but her I think so because there's a place that they went. They traveled in Saudi arabi Yeah, because we talked about Sadi Arabia. Right, I don't know, I don't I don't know. You know, my brain is crazy. So there's a place that they traveled vacation in Saudi Arabia. That's next on my list to go to. Okay, So I was asking people, was it okay for Americans to go to Saudi Arabia? Yeah? I think it is, it is, it's safe. I don't know. I think so, I believe. Listen, I want to tell the Saudi Arabian people I'm coming because it is beautiful. Really okay, the beautiful. I'm gonna have to say all my coins. Yes, I can imagine, I could imagine. But she's she's amazing, Okay, yeah, okay, Yeah, she does a lot for she has a lot of philanthropy, she has a lot of stuff. She's absolutely beautiful. Nice. Yeah. I don't know why he hasn't married her, But that's a whole nother story, my business on that she's only giving him four kids. But okay, okay, no marriage, he was married. I think he was scorned. Oh really, Yeah, because they raise that son, the son from that relationship. Okay, yeah, who, by the way, is following his father's footsteps. Okay, he is junior. Oh and pressure, huge pressure, So good luck with that pressure. Yeah, he's gonna play. He's gonna do a Bronni. He gonna play by the let's talk about Bronni. I don't I don't know that I want to talk about I do because you know what I liked what I like the fact that Barkley Shaquille they bring honest. Yeah, they kept it real. They kept it so real, and they're like, he don't belong in the league. They're right, of course, they're right. Yes, no shade to Bronnie. Yeah, but shade to lebron Yes, and the shade. And as a parent, I would say, do not put that kind of Why did you put that kind of pressure on your child?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, so you know it's funny. Okay, there's like people debate this and they're like, well, like, I see both ways.
Speaker 2: I see, I see both sides.
Speaker 1: So one is like, okay, if you have the ability to influence a team to draft your son and you can make history, you can do something that has never been has never been done, probably will never happen again. You can play on an NBA team with your son like you would do it like you know, you just like wow, that's just something that's amazing.
Speaker 2: And but but why why is that? On the flip side, well, why, I mean, it's just why it's it's it's all ego. It is ego. It's right, it's ego driven.
Speaker 1: I think you know, maybe some people who are you know, professional athletes understand it more so than others or whatever, like you know, you're just like, oh my gosh, like that's that's just like a father, like I know, how much one how much pridey has in watching our son's play O. He's like, you know, super involved, and it's like, you know, it's almost like they're like they live through their children.
Speaker 2: They're not playing anymore.
Speaker 1: So so like I get that, But on the flip side, because and then people were like, oh, you know, any player that would have had the ability to do that would do it, right. They're like, oh, you know, every player if you could, if you could put put your son on the team with you, you would do it. I said, I don't believe that, right, I said, no, I believe Let's take Michael Jordan for example. Yes, Michael Jordan's children weren't they played basketball, but they weren't like super talented. I believe that Michael Jordan has the perspective on life like, no, you need to earn this. Like I don't think Michael Jordan would have ever done that.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: I think he would have made his son earn every single thing that he got total. So you know, so there are a lot of people that saying, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Would do it if you could, like right, just kidding. I don't know what after that, after that public photo and Marc you're inherented z. Yeah, but anyway, Yes, but I like that's what.
Speaker 1: I don't believe Michael Jordan would go for that. I don't believe I would just give his son a handle. I think he would be the harshest critic on his son and say, no, you're not ready. Now if his I do think in a situation like, okay, if if your son is super talented and you think that he can play in the NBA, you know that he can play in the NBA. Yeah, okay, maybe I'll try to influence my team to draft my son, maybe so we could be on the same team.
Speaker 2: But not if my son is not ready. He not ready. He's not I think nowhere near ready. I think he just scored his first point. Yeah, I think. Yeah, like that was like eight games in or something. Crazy. Yeah, outside of that.
Speaker 1: The fact that not even the fact that he even gets in the game is crazy.
Speaker 2: That part, there's that part, okay, and no, and like listen, Savannah girl, we love you. Yeah, and it's no shade to it. How y'all have raised y'all Chad right, however, and I get because the boy was sick and all that. Yeah, he had what open heart surgery, So I get the whole you know, we just we're just trying to significance of it. Get I get it as a family. But sometimes you do more damage when you give somebody something that they're not ready for. Then you then you understand in the moment right.
Speaker 1: Now, they're exposing him to like all types of scrutiny. Yes, okay, so now you're going to have players who are just going to be coming for his.
Speaker 2: Next Okay that part. So you have players that are on the team, you're taking their spot. Yes, So I'm mad if it's if you're taking my spot and I actually worked my ass off my entire life to get this spot. Legitimately, I'm mad. Not only am I mad at Bronni, I'm mad at his dad. Yeah there's that, but.
Speaker 1: Not just his dad, but all the people who allow his dad to influence.
Speaker 2: The team like this, all of it, all of it. Yes, there's that. I would be like, no, get me out of here. I want to be Yes, when Lebron you should have left with your hairline, like your hairlines re seated, it's time to retire. Yes, I just feel like, you know, when we help our children, when they help themselves, and Brownnie it was handed to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not like, you know, I'm sure Brownie works hard. I'm sure here, I'm sure he wants it. So it's not that we don't know how much work he's putting in.
Speaker 2: But to play in the.
Speaker 1: NBA, you have to be an extra special talent. Yes, it's not easy, and it's not even it's just on the very few make it to the NBA. And so to hand that out to someone like that over people who actually deserve it and more so.
Speaker 2: Who are more challenged, who who really had to work for it came out the Mud. And it's not just about what's on a court. You're first of all, and now you're traveling with your child, right, so now the entire team has to kind of govern themselves accordingly because we got a child in the room. So it's like, come on, this is it becomes all of it becomes something else. Yeah, yeah, I don't like it, but I don't like it at all. Get him off the team and the words Charles Barkley go to the G League.
Speaker 1: But even he's even the G League is he's not even ready for the league.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: Trust me, if he goes to the G League, those guys in the G League are going to eat him for dinner, like they're going to tear him up, and they're going to be going for his neck. They're going like it's that's even worse. And the thing is from when wet we spend a lot of time with Brianni, but like you know, when I watch him, I'm like, he doesn't really know the game. It's not even just his skills, he doesn't really know the game to play at that level. And so you're really doing him a disservice also putting him in.
Speaker 2: That also that bron can say, I play with my son, who gives them You're hurting your son, You're not helping him. We're done, We're done, And I get the whole. I guess, well, you know, the white people, they have nepotism all the time, and nobody can playing when they have nepotism and beat me me And this has actually never been done by anybody. And I don't I don't im it were Larry Bird. Yeah, Larry would be like, son, you ain't ready right.
Speaker 1: Because they're being it's like you can publicly see, you can, They're being exposed on a level that you can't see. Like, okay, if a businessman hires his son to be the intern, like, no, we're not. The public's not on the receiving end of that where we.
Speaker 2: Can see it. But like we can see he doesn't belong there, No, he doesn't. Okay, we'll get in to rena letter. I do you want to ask you? Okay, yes, ask me and ask the people, yes, the people. Have you ever had Texas Roadhouse? The rolls from Texas Roadhouse? So, Texas Roadhouse is a restaurant. Yes, it's a restaurant. Where would this be?
Speaker 1: So there's one here near my house in Columbia, Maryland. They're like not everywhere, Okay, I don't even know where the next closest one is. Never step with me, never had it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. So for the people who are listening, and I want to tell you this, I might have to get some of these for you. Okay. They have these rolls, Okay, warm rolls. You know I love a warm role Oh my gosh. And they serve it with this.
Speaker 1: Cinnamon butter oh my god, like it was. Why, yes, so I have to get I'm gonna get some for you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, so Carter is my FOODI my greedy foody in the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, we love Carter. So yes, we will.
Speaker 1: Go to he will ask me to take him the Texas Roadhouse so we can buy two dozen of rolls.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: We will buy two dozen of rolls and they're gone the next day.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you can buy him to go? Yes, yes, but are they have they are they have they already been made or is it just dough? No? No, no, they're made. They're made, They're warm, they're made, I mean. And Carter instead of eating like the meal, the food, he's gonna eat them rolls.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have a plate in like six rolls.
Speaker 2: And yes, so Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: I'm telling y'all, y'all listening, if you ever have seen, if you are near Texas Roadhouse, yeah, getting you've never been in, please stop and get you some from Texas Roadhouse with the butter Ooh I'm a butter. Yeah, next time you come, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: Some for you. Okay, there's a lot that you I mean a lot. Oh, I'm gonna make you some grumble cookies. Oh, juice, some crumble cookie. Yes, I'm gonna have some rolls. Yes, I love it. Yes, Okay, can't wait. I'll be a fat girl. I like being slim, thick, fat, I mean slim, thick, fat, all the things. Okay, that's me. Anyway, this is a letter. Okay, that's Alexandria wrote to us Oh about tumor awareness. Giselle. I want to thank you for bringing awareness to the cause. In December twenty nineteen, we discovered my grandmother had a brain tumor at seventy eight, and she was never sick quote sick before, and it came out out of the blue on New Year's Eve. She thankfully had surged me to remove the tumor, which gave us more time to spend with her until she passed away in February of twenty twenty, so I guess she just lasted a month. Hearing you had only twelve days with your father once he was diagnosed breaks my heart. It didn't seem like a lot of time, but having those few weeks with my grandmother meant the world. So again, thank you for bringing awareness, because everyone deserves the best care and to have as much time with their loved ones. Alexandria, So thank you for writing, Alexandre. I appreciate it. So I am. I'm still working with the National Brain Tumor Society. I'm having in May. They have a run that they do. I think it's a five k every year, and I'm going to have a team this year. Okay, Robin, welcome to my team. You're on it whether you like it or not. And I am so super happy that because people are all ask me all the time. I did Kelly Clarkson last week and she was like, asking me or not? Last week a couple weeks ago and she was asking why did I decide to join with their? And I'm like, I feel when I work with the National Brain too much. It allows me still a com feel close to my dad, and I feel like I have to write like there's nothing. I feel like for me to do nothing would be weird, right, So I love working with them. I love bringing awareness. I did my live show twenty one Shady Questions in Chicago. Thanks for coming out, you guys who did come out. It was a great night. Have I talked about it? You have not yet? There were some letters in here. Let's see, it was a super great night. You guys showed me so much love, and I did talk about it that night as well, because awareness and MRI awareness. Yeah, you know, the more we talk about it, hopefully something can change. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I mean I think that it definitely something needs to be changed, because it does seem to be like it can be a very aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're totally fine, yeah, and then you're not. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if there's a way to make it much less aggressive, that would be great.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing. And so what you're doing I think is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's definitely to honor your father, but I think it's also to help others who will be in this situation and hopefully make a long term difference. Yes, someone hold, I'm trying to find this.
Speaker 2: Somebody came to twenty one shape because there is time a letter and they gave their feedback on the show. They do.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, Well, first of all, if you remember Fasska, who we gave yes a free ticket to, Yeah, she just wrote in to say she went to give a huge thank you for the tickets to Jaselle's live show. The energy in the room was electric and we loved every minute of it.
Speaker 2: A time was had. Oh thank you, Fasika. Yeah you should have. You should have wrote this let up a seca because you got a free ticket and you brought your friend which there and they were so cute by the way, So nice to meet you, and I am. I do have to tell you, guys that come next here top up. Next year twenty twenty five, Gesselle will be going on a full bloc tour twenty one Shady Questions. It's coming to a town near you. Exciting. I can't find other letter, Okay, it's fine, so yeah it's going down all right, let's get back to the drama. Yeah we have drama. Yes, so we have a letter. They've asked us to keep them anonymous. Okay, it's just because everyone in the world listens to reasonably shady. Yesay, they don't their friends and family to know that we're talking about them, all right, So this anonymous. Hello, my favorite housewives ever. I've been watching Archope since a premiere back in twenty sixteen. I was eighteen at the time. Boy times goes fast, yes it does. But Robin and.
Speaker 1: First lady missus Brya, you were always my Favorites season nine is not the same without you, Robin, You was a real one anty way. I would like to know if I'm being reasonable or shady actually maybe even petty. Oh, I love the petty all right, she says. My husband and I have been together for six years, married for one We had our own apartment, but the day we moved in, his father suffered multiple strokes, affecting him cognitively. His mom also has some illnesses and does not work. While we lived at our apartment apartment, my husband and I did the one hour commute two and from our home to them for doctor appointments, grocery shopping, and eventually we moved in as rent went shot up sky high and they needed the help. We work full time and on the weekends I take his mother to run her errands, pick her up from doctor appointments, after I get off from work, etc. Loki, I feel like the errand girl. Mind you, she has three other children who clearly don't give up or care. She abbreviated that, but I had to say it or care to ask if their basic needs are met. None of them offered to do the errands or anything my husband has offered to my husband has offered to fix and pay off the home, since we currently pay all bills and expenses except the mortgage, and we already funded some repairs. To put it in perspect if both bathrooms have been repaired, have not been repaired to upgrade it since the home was built.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the long story, but.
Speaker 1: To make it short, my husband and I work and pay for everything from the milk and the fridge to the toilet paper, only to be told from his siblings that I need to remember that I only married into the family and it's not fair for my husband to inherit the house. Would it be petty or shady to stop their bills and move out and let the other three kids figure it out?
Speaker 2: Or am I being reasonable?
Speaker 1: I just would feel bad leaving two people who are sweet and kind in a tough situation. Again, I love you both, my green and eyed be and it Aunti's okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So what's they want? The other siblings want hurt and the husband to move out.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like, yes, they do everything to take care of the parents that are ill and aging, and the houses you know, needs a bunch of help and repairs, and but these siblings don't think that the husband that they should inherit the house like once, I'm sure like the you know, they're thinking of long term staff and when the parents pass on.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: So the siblings, yeah, they don't think the husband should inherit the house. And so I guess the siblings, the other three siblings probably wants them to like just sell the house and split the proceeds. So, like, what what is reasonable for them? Okay, because they've been taking care of the parents, They've been moved, they moved in, they helped them with the bills, all of that. Should should they have the right to the house.
Speaker 2: Okay? So first of all, what's her name? Oh, we don't know her name. She shady because she is complaining about what she signed up for. You signed up to marry this man's and you agreed as a wife to go and live with the with the in laws and help them. Okay, now that you're doing it, you can't complain about it. You're signed up for it.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's complaining, don Okay, Okay, Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Now that they're elderly and it's looking like they might kick the but okay, so we need to figure out the state planning. Who's going to own the house. It should go to all the siblings. Okay, and girl, no, you should not be able to touch that money. You are in law. So whatever whatever a sibling told you, you just in law. So you need to play your position, stay out of it. Is correct. Okay, you should not get a dime. Yes, they should sell the house and split it three ways or however anyways four sounds like split it four ways, here's three other that's and that's that's all the way? Reasonable and law? How about that?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think she's complaining that they have to do all this, you know. I think if the fact is, like the other three children are not contributing or helping with but.
Speaker 2: We don't know, we don't have backstory on their lives. We don't know what's going on in their lives. Right, they might not be able to robbing over here, busting up her mic drop. They might not be able to don't get mad at me because I got to do other stuff for my family, right.
Speaker 1: But I do think that is common where you do see some families where one one child carries the burden and the other ones don't like I'm not. I'm gonna take it as if there's no reason for these other children to now be able to contribute, right, Okay, So do I think who do I think it's?
Speaker 2: What? Do I think?
Speaker 1: I think it's unfortunate that they've been if they have been spending their money on repairing the house, then I almost feel like maybe there's a way for them to say, okay, when you know, when the parents pass, is there way for them to maybe recoup the money they spent repairing the house and then split it the four ways?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair. I think that's.
Speaker 1: Maybe the way they should go about it, because it's going to be messy if they refuse to split the house with the other siblings.
Speaker 2: But they need to get that handled now while the parents are alive. So let the parents weigh in and in writing and notarizing.
Speaker 1: So let the husband work this out with his siblings. I think the husbands just say, look, I spent however much at ten thousand dollars repairing the bathrooms, so when we do sell the house, I would like to get off the top my ten thousand dollars, Yes, off the top, and then we split the sale of the house that's fair.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair, and why people stay out of it and say nine a bit.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean you could talk to your husband about it, because that you know, essentially he's using y'all, your y'all's money to upgrade his parents' house. But you can't have the conversation with the sibling. You can't be in the conversation with the siblings now, So talk to your husband, say I think this is fair. I think you recoup the money that we put into the house and then we split it and we go about our way.
Speaker 2: Yes, sperri it end of story. Moving on to that too.
Speaker 1: That's that aries advice you say, if you took the virgo advice, y'all be.
Speaker 2: Fighting for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, the aries, the sensible aries, just gave you some good advice.
Speaker 2: Okay. So Priscilla, I just want you to know. Priscilla sent a little picture and I'm gonna show youyall a picture right here and it and she said, just caught up on my podcast and had to seek this out there. It was on Facebook. Loved the podcast. Fine, and this is from Pricilla. Okay. So Robin discussed back in the several weeks ago that she was on in a Sean P. Diddy combs. Uh what do you call those things video? Yes? They make those anymore? A music video? What was the song bad Boy for life? We ain't go win nowhere? We ain't going nowhere? Uhuse something? We bad boy? Because right? So this proves that Robin ain't going nowhere. She is in the video. Forever she will go nowhere. She will always be in a bad Boy video. Always. She ain't go when nowhere. She's in the video. Yes, thank you for Silla, because I forgot about this and I had I mean, it is it is a still shot and that's Robin Dixon, y'all. She's in the video. How much did she said to pictures? Because the second one was like it's like me and then like Diddy is like right there and I'm like looking at him. But so, did you get you get residuals for that? No? I got paid seven hundred dollars to be in that video. Seven hundred Yeah? Is that like the going rate? I don't, I don't know. I thought that was good though, Like at that time, I'm like, okay, okay, yeah, one hundred dollars. Okay, did they find you coach, your first class, probably a coach. Okay, but it was fine. I mean it was yeah. Okay, this is our last one. So hey, ladies, me again, your girl Gigi. Who's gg she's from She's overseas. Where is she from? Again?
Speaker 1: She's overseas? She wrote into us. She writes into us a lot. Okay?
Speaker 2: Is she in France? I don't remember where? Okay, even if you don't, do not read this on the podcast. I appreciate an answer because it does drive me crazy when watching our hop. Oh, this is the r HOP question. Okay, So I don't know if I can listen, I mean, answer this, but I will try. You know how many people who did not grow up on Tiya and Tamara Marii on their TV show can't tell them apart? Okay, how do we tell Miss Angel and Miss Adore apart? Because every time I've watched them on RGP, I've always had to guess who's who, and I'm always wrong. I can tell you there has to be a physical differentiation between the two the young ladies, so please do tell Okay, by the way, they are such smart and gorgeous young ladies. Congratulations, she's out. So how do you tell.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I wish I had realized this a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, before you tell, I do want to say that there have been twice when they have been on the show, and you know, the names are wrong. The names are wrong, oh the third half or third lower half whatever, anyway when they say their names that Bravo writes, yeah, they're wrong, they're wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, So this is how I tell them apart Angel has a rounder face and a scar on her forehead.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's how I tell them. Part Oh and so that if it's not round and no scar, it's a door. It's a door. Okay, yes, all right, Well.
Speaker 1: So I wish so I wish I had learn that sooner. I wish I could spend more time with them so that I didn't need to like look for the round their face, you know what I mean. Like I want to get to the point where like I can just like see one and I just know off the bat.
Speaker 2: Like that's a door, door, you know, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: I do have Like so my son has some twins that are like his buddies, and they played football since they were like five years old, and I like, you know, I can I see them and I know exactly who's who. I don't have to like pause and huh what, like you know, it's just like instant. So I wish I could be at the point with them where I'm like, hey girl, but I have to like pause and look.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, every everyone when they were growing up, like their classmates, they would tell them apart because the Angel had the scar. But then it got to a point where because I would ask their friends, I'm like, so, you know, how do y'all tell them apart? And they're like they their friends would say, they don't look alike. They just see the difference, right, and so you have to get to that part. Yeah that's what Yeah, Like, that's what I wish I have have. I wish I've been able to spend more time around them so I could see the like, don't look like they don't. Yeah, and they clearly they do look alike. I mean they do, but like to me, they don't look alike at all, right, but yes to the rest of us. And it's funny because Angel went to go visit a door. Okay, a door goes to Hampton. So in their respective schools, they're not known as twins. So for two of them to be walking around campus, everybody was like what gosh, like people didn't know they had a twin. That's cute. So yeah, that was very cute. I told them. I was like, y'all should dress alike and then it'd be real confused. So do one of those like switch bait and switch things, yes or something, And they didn't, but everybody was like freaked out totally. Yeah, that's cute. Yeah, it's very cute. All right, we're out of here. All right, we got it, we got to go, We got things. Said dude, we love y'all so much. Yes, thank y'all so much for listening, and don't never forget to live your life. Either reasonable or shady or both. They get your Texas roadhouse row. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady