Speaker 1: This is the OTP pregame presented by Farm Bureau Health Plans. When it's game day for your health coverage, trust Farm Bureau Health Plans to drop the winning play. They've been backing Tennesseeans for nearly eighty years with Amy Wells. I'm Mike Keith and this is Titans Senior writer editor Jim Wyatt of Tennessee Titans dot Com at j White Sports on like every social platform? Now are you on every social platform?
Speaker 2: I'm not on TikTok. I haven't made the leap there on Instagram, on Twitter, X use Facebook still to post stories, but I'm not on TikTok. I'm on Snapchat, but just to my wife, my daughter, and my son. I've got a twenty three hundred day street going with my daughter, which is so I ought to send her snap maybe from in here, but you should should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, let's do it here.
Speaker 2: That's one every day. So I've done it for twenty three hundred days in a row of sent her a snap.
Speaker 1: So so you take a picture, take a picture.
Speaker 2: I'll take a picture of all us in here, and then I just send that to her and then she'll send me what she's doing during the course of her day. It's just uh, I talk to her as well. I just don't snap. But apparently young people they don't. I ask her, well, if you talk so and so. Now I haven't talked to him about my snapper every day, so I guess young people just communicate by snapping.
Speaker 1: Nobody talks on the phone. Yeah, the streak is my mother. Yes, I will talk on the phone for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, don't answer my like my phone ring on my phone rings, you know, fifteen times a day from tellmarkers and uh spam calls my dad. I try to help my dad on different things, and sometimes I'll tell them, Dad, if somebody's got a question, you just tell them to call me. Don't don't. Don't deal with these people anymore. They're trying to sell himself with the phone. So he apparently gave somebody with Medicare my phone number, and I get about fifteen calls from Medicare. And if people want to know if I need any kind of devices as I get older, they think i'm him. So I get all his Medicare calls about fifteen a day.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, thanks Dad.
Speaker 1: Your parents just keep on giving all the way through all right, So this is OTP pre game. Jim Wyatt is sitting in the Snickers hot seat, which he likes because he's a huge Snickers fan.
Speaker 2: Sure do you like Snickers?
Speaker 1: Yes? So we have five topics that we're going to bring up till are you and you're not prepared for these five topics? Obviously just about candy.
Speaker 3: He's Jim. He's always prepared.
Speaker 1: He's always prepared.
Speaker 2: Ask if I needed my Packers depth chart here?
Speaker 1: You know. I mean, we're going to hit some Packers stuff, but I think you'll be okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Topic one on the OTP pre game. What do you remember about Thursday November seventeenth, twenty twenty two when the Titans won at Green Bay on Thursday night football? Oh? Man, you remember the final score?
Speaker 2: M What was the final score of that game? Don't remember the final score?
Speaker 1: I remember my.
Speaker 2: Niece was at the game. Okay, didn't get this, didn't get to see her.
Speaker 1: What was the final score that twenty seven to seventeen Titans won?
Speaker 3: Yep, I was cheating.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven seventeen. It was a Ryan Tannehill had a decent game.
Speaker 1: And Ran Tannehill had a very good game. Actually, he threw for over three hundred yards three hundred and thirty three yards and a couple of touchdowns, completed twenty two of twenty seven passes, one twenty seven point three passer rating.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember him having a great game, and I remember leaving there feeling like the team had a lot of momentum.
Speaker 1: Titans were seven and three leaving there.
Speaker 2: And then I remember it not going so well after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought on that day that the Titans were never going to lose another game, like this is it. This is where the streak just takes on.
Speaker 1: Seven and three at that point, Traylon Burke's best game is Titan Yes, seven catches for one hundred eleven yards, including a fifty one yard catch. Derek Henry threw a touchdown pass to jeff Swain, Jeffrey Simmons had a sack, sure, and they kind of did to Aaron Ers. Aaron Rodgers had basically the exact same game that night for the Packers that he did last Sunday for the Jets. Two touchdown passes, ninety four point seven quarterback rating, nothing great but just very efficient. But boy, what all has changed since that night in Green Bay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the start of an end of a rough season and kind of got us to where we are today with a new coach and kind of starting over with a new team. But feel like we're all the right path. Just need to win a couple of games here and get some momentum.
Speaker 1: The Packers have a lot of familiar names that are still with the team. They've obviously added players over the course of the last two seasons, but they are just such a consistently built organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they don't do it by spending a lot of money in free agency or being real aggressive when it comes to player acquisition. They draft, they try to retain their own guys. They've got an approach that they believe in and they stick to it. And you know, I was impressed by what they did this past week, winning and winning against the Colts without Jordan Love. And that is in large part because of the system that they have in place and the guys they have leading the way.
Speaker 1: Better on defense than what people know. They have a good offensive line. But the other thing too, that they do with receivers that's so impressive is they find their receivers largely at the Senior Bowl. Yeah, Yeah, it's really fascinating. So Christian Watson, Romeo Dobbs, right, and they find and you go back to the Jordie Nelsons and the Randall Cobbs and all of these other guys. So they find fits that are perfect. Jayden Reid, their slot receiver, was a guy that really impressed us at the Senior Bowl and the Senior and he was drafted in the second round. So they find system fits. And because the system is so well established, they can have a second or third or fourth round receiver become a star. They don't have to draft the guy in the top ten. They can find a defensive lineman that would become a star for them because like the Steelers, like the raven and they have that system in place. They have the scouting staff in place, they keep the general managers in place, the head coach, I mean, their head coach has been there now for six years, which is hard to believe that it really is. It really is.
Speaker 2: And I think you know you're starting to see the team here do that a little bit as far as I think you know that. Look at the number of players here that were in the Senior Bowl last year and in some of the Senior Bowls in the past and you want to get as system in place and stick with it.
Speaker 1: No, that's what you know. Chad Brinker, ran.
Speaker 2: Carthon, you know, Brian Callahan, all want to do and that's just a matter of getting consistency and just cycling guys in.
Speaker 1: And where does Chad Brinker come from?
Speaker 3: Green Bay the epitome of old school NFL.
Speaker 1: You know, they now have the NFL record for wins, They have overtaken the Bears, and they just last Sunday won their eight hundredth game in the.
Speaker 3: National Football Do you get a cake or something for that eight hundred games as a franchise win.
Speaker 1: I would say to you, not meaning to be facetious. Normally in that situation you would probably give the owner a cake. But they have no single owner.
Speaker 3: So everybody gets cake. The community.
Speaker 1: The community, the community in essence owns the Green Bay Packers, which.
Speaker 3: Is so cool.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, the owners don't just love it in the league because since the Packers are public, you can you know, you can buy the share of stock and all that. And then you go to the shareholders meeting, which they have every year, they tell everyone what they got from the league dispersal. They tell everyone all of these things. So the owners are not phenomenally crazy about that. When that information gets out from the Packers shareholders meeting, it's official, Yeah, because they've told their shareholders what it is. The the the NFL is not a publicly traded company. They don't really want to share that information, and yet the Packers, yes, have to share it with the group.
Speaker 3: Interesting the things you never think about.
Speaker 1: Well, I think about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure a lot of people think a lot of people in Green Bay probably think about it too, But I never have.
Speaker 1: Do you know someone who owns the sheriff stock in the Packers? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have. I have a sister that lives uh in Milwaukee and her husband to who's Packers family. I don't think they own a share of the Packers.
Speaker 1: I know a couple of people who come.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a silly question, Sure, do you get like a like a check in the mail? I don't think Or does it just kind of go back into the park collect I don't think there's a there's not like a buyout.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's a public dispersal.
Speaker 3: Interesting, so it just kind of goes back into the pot. But they are kind of in the know of like financially what's that?
Speaker 1: And you get to go you get to go here the president, who's I think getting ready to cycle out Mark Murphy. They have the annual gathering and they I think they do it at Lambeau. I think they do it become the stadium.
Speaker 3: It's like the State of the Union.
Speaker 1: Whi's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's very cool. Yes, it's just different. I like different, all right.
Speaker 1: Topic number two on the OTP pre game every Thursday. It posts at eight o'clock Central time. Jim whittt pass catcher that needs a breakout game to help Will levis Aby. You can answer this too if you'd like.
Speaker 3: I shall you know?
Speaker 2: I think you know? Does Sunday kind is a breakout game for Kylin Ridley. I mean, I guess it does. I think it touchdowns? So because I think he's just scratching the surface on what that's going to be. I mean, I think more is coming from him, So I think i'd say DeAndre Hopkins. I mean it just because he has been pretty much invisible the first couple of weeks. Part of that's because he's not hasn't been completely healthy. Another part of us because they just haven't worked him in from a snap standpoint. You know, Brian Callahan talked earlier this week just about wanting to make him the primary receiver on some plays, which is going to lead to him getting the ball more. I think if you can start taking advantage of Hopkins and him winning one on ones, that opens things up for other people. So I mean, so far it's been quiet for Hopkins, has been quiet for Boyd, has been quiet really for everybody except for Ridley's you know, big catch on Sunday. So I'll go Hopkins here. I think. I think he needs to kind of get into a groove and turn into a threat that other teams have to worry about.
Speaker 3: I say, Traylon Burkes, I think it is. I think for his his own personal career, it's time for him to show what we've all seen him do in practice. It's time for that to translate into a game and for him to have a really big game. I think it's obvious in watching them work together that Will Levis has a good rapport with Traylon Burg'd be dire, right, and so I think that that is a well that he is going to go to every Sunday. If given the opportunity because I think that there's a familiarity there. Now it's on Trailan to complete the play, to finish the job, and so I think that if he can have a breakout game on Sunday, I think that if those two can get some traction under their wheels a little bit and really start to make something happen, I think that can be a really good thing for all people involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think Traylan needs some good things to happen to him to build confidence. I mean, they've talked him up so much during the course of this offseason. I don't care whether it's a quarterback or the coordinator, or the head coach or the they've all set bragged on him. But there comes a time where he has to start making some plays, I think, to generate some confidence for himself. He'd love to see him come down with a ball on Sunday. I thought he had a better chance to catch it than the Jets defender, but he didn't come down with him. If he can make a play like that, but.
Speaker 1: What could that have been for him though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Instead, it's a momentum play going the other way, and he has to take advantage of his opportunities when they come.
Speaker 1: All Right, topic, number three Packers player you are most worried about from a Titans perspective.
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on who the quarterback is. I mean, if it's Jordan Love, that's who I worry about, just because he'll give them a lot more on offense. And I think what Malik Willis would be able to and uh, you know, Malik proved on Sunday that he can win a game. They did it by running the football and while protecting him and him protecting the ball and him picking the spots. But if Love's back in there, that opens up the offense even more and he'd be the guy I think would be a more much more considerable threat.
Speaker 3: Do you have one that was mine? I think I think that anything else you can game plan for the wildcard of who's going to be back there is going to change up what they do schematically enough that there are reasons to worry about each individual quarterback being back there. So I think that is the that's the ticket either way.
Speaker 1: Mine's Rashaun Gary.
Speaker 3: Really, Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: He is a you know, he doesn't have double digit sacks in a season yet, and this is year six out of Michigan. But he's a really good pass rusher. He's nearly two hundred and eighty pounds, and so he's one of those outside linebacker defensive end guys who's less linebacker and more defensive lineman. He's really good against the run, and he's he's a he's a good power pass rusher as well. I mean he's due a double digit sack year. I mean that's gonna hap. I mean, he's a really good player and so that's going to happen for him at some point even and he has won right now through the first two games. But yeah, you know, the the edge guys for the Titans, Latham was was much better. Petit Frere did not have a good game. This kind of player is a tough player to go against, both against the run in the past because he's heavy. I know the Titans liked him coming out of Michigan. Yeah, nobody was. Those players are really hard to project because they they're not as twitchy as the six five two forty five, two fifty guys. And sometimes you're saying, okay, does that guy eat his way further into the defensive line yeah, does he become just a guy out there or does he morph into this player who does both well? And you're like, yeah, we're really glad we drafted him. That's what happened with him. So that's mine.
Speaker 3: That was a good one, Mike, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: And I know we didn't name Josh Jacobs, but he that's that's a good one to a reason I didn't. I just I think the Titans defense is gonna be stout. I mean, especially the way Ernest Jones play. I don't care who the running back is. I think they're gonna be good defensively stopping the run all year. And uh, I don't think they have the same success they try to take that approach against this defense as they did against the Coles.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Hey, Titans fans, celebrate each Titans win and enjoy the sweet taste of victory with a free donut at Proger the very next day. Just download your digital coupon to score your free donut at any Kroger store. It's our way of saying thanks.
Speaker 3: Now, Let's be clear, it's one free donut per transaction while supplies last. Kroger Fresh for Everyone and official grosser of the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: Tight Nut home is at the forefront of all that we do. It's why we're so committed to caring for the places and spaces in which we work and live. Ashley the official furniture provider of the Tennessee Titans. The OTP pregame continues presented by Farm Bureau Health Plans. Jim Wyatt, Senior Writer, Editor, Director, producer, filmmaker. You need to keep going when you say senior writer, editor, senior editor, Yeah, Tennessee Titans dot Com. It feels like he needs more. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like when people have a lot of letters after remember FDI, c DS, element O P.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I'm doing all that other stuff, I need a razor. I didn't realize I was doing a lot on the side.
Speaker 1: Okay. Topic number four for Jim Wyatt is this Titans defensive player who has been the most pleasant surprise to you through two games. And that doesn't mean he's come out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, And I just I wish I would have just said his name because Ernest Jones watching him play on Sunday and I'm watching him from a far against uh, you know, for the Rams. I knew he was a good player, but coming to here and just seeing the attitude he plays, with the way he runs the football, how physical he is. Knowing that was just a second game and he's playing every single snap, I think he qualifies as the most as the the biggest eye opener to me, Landry has been very impactful. Three sacks so far, and I think the corners have done a mostly solid job. But I'm giving it to Jones just because I think of what's coming next, and we've always seen him one full game.
Speaker 3: Mine was Harold Landry. I knew that he would be back and he would be good, and he was coming off of a great end to twenty three, and so we were expecting good and consistent from him. He has been great, and I think that he exceeded even my expectations because he's usually a guy that really peeks towards the mid end of the season, like he typically finishes strong given that he's healthy. So I was kind of expecting that again and he I mean, he has come out guns of blazon early in the season. So what does that mean for the remainder of the year. Who knows? Is he just getting fired up? Who knows? But I'm excited about him. I'm excited watching him play, and I've been pleasantly surprised about how consistent and how impactful he has been so early in the season.
Speaker 1: It's a great point. And you know, he stayed hot for the end of last year. He was hot at the end of the season. Seemed like he was getting a sack every game in November, December, in the first part of January. And when you have those players get on those streaks, I mean you love to see it. And he's just kept going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hasn't stopped it. I mean, we spend a lot of time talking about the big guys, and rightly so, I mean, we have some great defensive linemen and a lot of guys to talk about, but Harold Landry always kind of gets oh yeah, and Harold's there and he's good too. But I mean, Harold Landry is having a remarkable first couple of games.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean he's on pace for I mean, he's got three sacks through two games. I mean, you keep that pace going, you start talking about crazy stuff.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I'm saying. I mean, and he could do crazy stuff, that's right, because he gets he typically gets better as the season goes on.
Speaker 1: That's very fair.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, topic number five for Jim Wide. Who's in the Snickers hot seat on this edition of the OTP pre Game in our new studio here at Ascension Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Speaker 3: Isn't it, Coke?
Speaker 1: It really is? Don't you like this?
Speaker 2: It is very nice in the fireplace in here?
Speaker 1: Getting one?
Speaker 2: Are you getting a fireplace?
Speaker 3: Well? You know I'm buying one now, all right.
Speaker 1: Former Titan that has a bigger impact on Sunday's game or I guess should say the biggest impact Malik willis Brandon Nervusen, Andre Dillard. That's a great question. I'll repeat it. That former Titan who has the biggest impact on Sunday's game Malik willis Brandon Harvison, Andre Dillard.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess, I mean it depends on what the Milik plays. Obviously, if Malik's starting quarterback, that's an easy ame.
Speaker 1: What's your gifts?
Speaker 2: My guess is he's gonna play.
Speaker 1: I think so too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they're gonna play this game, you know, and you know all the way until Adam After or Tom Pellasero or Ian Rappaport tweets something out Saturday night at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Well, and the Thursday tweet from Chefter is already out, and he's saying that his sources are saying it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think, as you know, eleven pm, those things seem to roll out eleven pm on Saturday night, right after midnight Eastern, we'll probably get a more definitive word. But they're gonna play this game all the way through. That's why I answered. You know, I watched the videos of love and practice yesterday and he did some movement. You know, it was obviously just individual and and it wasn't it wasn't team portion of practice. You know, if he plays, he's obviously gonna make gonna make a big impact of this game. I just can't see it. I don't know why you would risk putting love out there for the you know, for week three, and risk potentially having something happen to him. It would impact the season. So I my gut tells me it's going to be Maleik. And uh so, Malik is gonna have the biggest impact, whether that's good or bad. I mean, the Titans know him, he knows the Titans. I think the Titans have a plan for him, but obviously Matt Lafleur knows what he's doing as well. He's gonna have a plan to take advantage of Malik's strengths, and they did that very well against the Colts.
Speaker 1: All Right, So, Amy, I'm gonna ask you the same question. Okay, former Titan that has a bigger impact on Sunday's game, Malik Willis, Brandon Arvis and Andre Dillard.
Speaker 3: Assuming Malik Willis, assuming just answer the question. Well, I don't want to pick the same thing as Jim again, So I'm gonna say Brandon Narvison, Okay, because I think.
Speaker 1: That now we're assuming he's still the game. We're assuming he's still the kicker on Sunday, which if we feel like he will be. Although Matt Lafleur did not give him the greatest vote of confidence.
Speaker 3: This is exhausting.
Speaker 1: This is an exhausting game, isn't it wonderful?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I think that assuming he is the kicker and he comes into town and play, I think that he will probably be the person scoring a lot of points for this team. I think that the Titans defense's whole plan is to force them to be kicking at field goals as opposed to scoring touchdowns given the option. So I mean he'll probably be a big part of that.
Speaker 1: I think it's Narves and too because I think Maleik starts. I think the real question is can Jordan Love be the backup? Because if Jordan Love is able to be the backup, then they don't have to elevate Sewn Clifford. They could, they would have the ability to elevate another player, and the Packers do have more guys banged up at this point than the Titans. Do you know? They even threw in the caveat the source and the Adam Schefter piece through in the caveat that they would feel more optimistic towards Jordan Love being ready to play against Minnesota week from Sunday against the Titans.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if it is Malik, Malik has shown they can that he can move the football, no problem with that at all. But they probably do kick at more field goals.
Speaker 3: Yep, that is my guess.
Speaker 1: And if that is the case. Nrvisson is six of eight on field goals at this point. He's missed a forty six yarder and a forty five yarder. You know that could prove to be a key in this because we know what his range is. We know he's talented.
Speaker 3: We saw him in the preseason absolutely, and.
Speaker 1: I mean he's a good kicker, but he's also a rookie. Yeah, but and so does you know I said bigger impact, Well, for him, the bigger impact could be making.
Speaker 3: The kicks or missing them or.
Speaker 1: Missing the kicks. And you know this is going to draw two the side by side comparison between he and Nick Folk. Mmm, yeah, did you you know? So you're gonna I mean, all of that's going to come up because I think this is going to be a game where you're gonna see some kicks. That's just me.
Speaker 2: Not long after the Titans part of ways with Brayden, he ended up being the Packers kicker. I've got a lot of people questioning, well, why would you not stick with him? You know why? You know he's got He's a young guy, you can develop shook. Kickers are no sure thing. We all know that, and this team has had, you know, after such a great run of having dependable kickers. That ended a lot of way in a lot of ways. After Ryan's suck up left his team's been through a lot of kickers, and so I've certainly thought it was the right decision to go with Folk for.
Speaker 1: Of a sure thing.
Speaker 2: And he's been good and hopefully Norviston has a great career. I really like him as a nice kid. It's one of those guys that would you go out of his way to say hello to you. But he was twenty one to twenty eight camp he uh yeah. He hit the long field goal in the preseason.
Speaker 1: We also missed some made the game winning kicks in the Seattle game, tess yep.
Speaker 2: So he's uh, he's a tough minded kid. But I think Folk is what this team needs. Don't need it, don't need another issue to be raising its nickle point.
Speaker 1: It's thirty one of thirty two since he got here. Yeah, I mean after kicker Palooza in twoenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: That makes it sound like it was fun. It was not fun.
Speaker 1: It was kicker palooser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, kicker hell.
Speaker 1: I mean we saw Cairo Santos in Week one and he has righted his career, yes, but he was four of nine when he was here, and he was out of football for the rest of twenty nineteen before the Bears brought him in in twenty twenty, and he reach, I mean, there were some good kickers who were part of the roster and got here and just, oh god, I mean, Stephen Goskowski's going to call the game on national radio with Larry kah Here on Sunday. His twenty twenty was, you know, kind of all over the road.
Speaker 3: It was just seating pads so many Yeah, fully smokes, I've never seen anything like it. I'm scarved.
Speaker 1: But Kicker Palooza in twenty nineteen was that was crazy, dude.
Speaker 3: Kicker Palooza sounds like fun, sounds like there's rides and rises there were. I mean it was kicker.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: An emotional roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah was. I mean the Titans were eight of eighteen on field goals. Virtually every high school in Middle Tennessee is better than forty four percent on field goals.
Speaker 3: I mean it was just it was crazy, right, awful, is what it was.
Speaker 1: So you got you got a guy who's made thirty one out of thirty two.
Speaker 3: Go with that guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you're talking about analytics, Yeah, I mean you're yeah, I mean, Nick folks probably not gonna kick a sixty yard field goal. And at this point, ye, well, I know, but you're That's what I'm saying. You're gonna try a lot more forty forty one yarders than you are sixty yarders. I think Narvis might have been on the practice squad had he I think so. I think so, had he cleared waivers. I agree with.
Speaker 2: That, And if he ever becomes available at some point again, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back here.
Speaker 1: Right because you'd like to have a young guy that you're working with all the time, who's working with your snapper and you're holder and your position coach and things of that sort. So I don't think that's a bad strategy at all. Some teams do the free agency thing. Some teams draft a guy and then say, you know, we're going to ride with this guy. Of course, you know, the San Francisco forty nine ers, young kicker who's very talented, had an extra point blocked in the Super Bowl that tried not to be a key place.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But here's the other thing that's wild with kickers. Kickers through the first two weeks of NFL play are thirty five of thirty nine on kicks of fifty or over. Wow, they're making ninety percent of kicks fifty or over, and of the four missus, Justin Tucker has two of them.
Speaker 2: That's because he is pretty much autumn for many works. Yes, yeah, that's the quad of stat.
Speaker 1: I mean they're talking about him very legitimately as a potential Hall of Famer at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, how ironic is that.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it with a twinkling I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: It with a twinkle in mind. I'm just saying that is really surprising.
Speaker 3: It is very surprising.
Speaker 2: But yeah, these guys are putting in They're putting them in the net. They're putting them in the net from fifty five yards.
Speaker 1: Jim, you remember if a guy was making sixty seven to seventy five percent of forty yards, yes, he was considered good. And now, I mean they send those guys out there, they expect him to make seventy five, eighty percent, in this case, ninety percent of fifty plus, just like you and I can remember when a forty two yard punt was good. And the Titans have a guy right now whose career average is fifty three plus.
Speaker 3: But think about how different the training for kickers is now, I mean kids start when they're eight in like serious regimented kicking program.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest difference is soccer. And I think soccer the prevalence of the training and then how many kids are involved in soccer. I think has you know, as soccer has boomed in this country, that's where it's really come from.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like the Titans punter has been practicing punting his whole life, and some of that is family.
Speaker 1: And he's one of only like five guys who punt in the NFL who are not from Australia. Yeah that's yeah, that's the other part of this that's so int I mean the Bears punter in Week one was a twenty seven year old rookie from Australia. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And there's more and more coming all the time.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Hey, Titans fans.
Speaker 4: Seat geek makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 3: Whether you're buying or selling football tickets, seat geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek is the official primary ticketing partner of the Tennessee Titan.
Speaker 4: The most disruptive idea in ticketing.
Speaker 1: Ticket that works. Expect the expected. See geek set keek made a rookie mistake this football season, Maybe you should have had Snickers because now.
Speaker 3: You can enter for the chance to turn those rookie mistakes into prises, including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 4: Visit snickers dot com slash Rookie Mistakes for details.
Speaker 1: It's time now for the key and radients of the game, delivered by Little Caesars. All right, Jim, hang on, you have to hold the okay, here he goes pizza pizzas. All right, so I have to do this in under a minute.
Speaker 2: Oh look at this, that's the technique.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Jack kind of like doing it like the Shoney's Big Boy.
Speaker 2: I can't do it, big boy. Yeah, well I can't do I can't do it flat against the box. They got plates in my wrists. I've got to do it. This is my technique. Here, nobody take a.
Speaker 1: Picture of that. Whoever plays quarterback for the Packers on Sunday at Nissan Stadium, they will be handing the ball to Josh Jacobs. Jacobs carried thirty two times for one hundred and fifty one yards and the Packers went over Indianapolis last weekend. They would love for him to get thirty plus touches again this week. Key number one pretty obvious, slow down, Josh Jacobs. Key number two pretty straightforward as well. Take care of the ball. Titans are minus four in turnover ratio. Packers are plus four in the same department. Titans need to flip that script and win the turnover battle. The third key is also about the Tennessee offense. They must stay on the field. In their first two games, far too many three and outs. Titans offense needs to move the chains, extend drives, slip the field, and most obviously score points. Less three and outs are a key.
Speaker 3: That was definitely under a minute. Good job, Mike Keith, Thank you. Little Caesars is the official pizza partner of your Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 1: Look good, Jim.
Speaker 3: Jim's doing the most right now. Download the Little Caesars app at download the Little Caesars app excuse me, and get your favorites delivered today Delivery feels Appli.
Speaker 1: Look right here, pizza, pizza.
Speaker 3: Good job Mike.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jimmy Jim, we have to conclude. Let's have the pizza. Thank you here.
Speaker 3: Here's your next Okay, hold it high. Okay, do you want me to do today's mayotivation? I gotta read this, Okay, do it.
Speaker 1: A Mayo toivation from Hellman's.
Speaker 3: Mayo Titans Cheers, Be loud, and your buffalo dip, deviled eggs or potato salad, make your mama and your entire family proud. Helman's the official mayo of the Tennessee Titans. Mayo game Day, Be delicious. Jim, You're doing so well done. I'm so proud of you. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: Jim has places to be great. Vanna, you can follow it. He really is. Vana is still going to.
Speaker 3: Yeah she is, and so is Jim.
Speaker 1: Wye ataway, Vana, yep, still love you.
Speaker 3: Get a girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say now. I never thought I would mention Vanna on the otp pregame, but I did.
Speaker 3: Here we are the first time for everything.
Speaker 1: We're big fans for Jim Wyatt of Tennessee Titans dot Com Senior writer editor, and for Amy Wells. I'm Mike Keith, thanking you for joining us for this edition of the O t