Speaker 1: So what do you think counts as a first step for a baby?
Speaker 2: First step?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it?
Speaker 3: Like you know, because right now the guy's child, he's like at this phase or he like he can hold he holds himself up, he stands without like grabbing stuff.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count. That ain't okay.
Speaker 3: But then my mom was here and he was like holding on to something and she say, come here, and he did like a drunk stumble towards her. It wasn't let me fucking saunter, but he was like and like ellender arms. Now I don't know if that fully counts because also her Mes, he wasn't here to witness that.
Speaker 1: And I don't want it to feel like we saw something that might not have been.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was like like it maybe feels like the first iteration of like the Right Brothers aircraft or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like how drunk was he though? Like was he was?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just a couple of drinks, I mean, like what like a hip flask of elamore.
Speaker 2: Do Hello the Internet and go home to this week trend edition of the production of iHeart Radio. And It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America. Share consciousness. This is the one that happens on Monday morning, before we've done anything else. We like to come in tell you what is trending, what was trending over the weekend, what we're up to. Personally, gave you a little little cold open top, little free record, you know, peak behind the curtain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, exactly, you know, just letting people know that we have equally boring things going on before we record after. I don't even know what part Brian the editor used, but I know we were talking.
Speaker 2: About we're just going to scoopy a little thirty seconds up top, give you a see if you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we'll do skits. I don't know, this feels like it could evolve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we'll always start. We'll try starting to try some ship which we know you guys love you. We know you guys like different us trying different and new stuff.
Speaker 3: Just disrupting the steady flow of content that you're normally you're used to with now, Like why the fuck.
Speaker 1: Are they blabbering at the top of the cow because.
Speaker 3: I have cool things to say that sometimes I can't shoehorn in organically into the show.
Speaker 1: But anyway, here we are.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Miles, we're going to talk about Christy Nome, We're going to talk about the White House Correspondence dinner.
Speaker 1: This is new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But before we get to all stuff that is trending, we do like to let people know a little bit about you and me, a little bit about what we got going on. And we start off with saying something we think is underrated. We're overrated. I don't really, I don't give a shit. But which would you prefer?
Speaker 1: I'm fine with either one. I mean, let's go underrated baby, Okay, But which one should I do?
Speaker 2: Yeaht it?
Speaker 3: I honestly, I just think the thing I realized I was having really interesting.
Speaker 1: Cock cock cossacks, cockax.
Speaker 2: Pain, tailbone pain, okay, cockpint yeah, yeah, sorry, cockpain terrible.
Speaker 1: Woke up with terrible throbbing cockpain. And I was.
Speaker 3: Just like trying to figure out what was going on. Like, I was just trying to figure out what was going on because it felt like I had to take like, oh sorry, and look, listeners were gonna go blue here. For a second, I thought I'd take a terrible poo pooh okay, And I was like like I was like, oh, yeah, I guess that is brown, and but this is what brown can do for you.
Speaker 1: It can help you understand your body a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I sat on the toilet for like thirty five minutes and like nothing was happening, and the pain.
Speaker 1: Was still there. So then I looked it up. I'm getting to the underrated part, don't worry.
Speaker 3: I look up like tailbone pain and then like just then it sort of got me down this like rabbit hole about how like I think the cock ex pain is like cock Like you know, there's just like these like Latin suffixes that they use. Were just like yeah, cockax pain like cocka concidia or something like that, or like sure, algaia is also like a medical suffix for pain.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta tell you the truth. When I see those Latin terms, brand turns off so dark like a light like a light.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just like I come to after a string of Latin words and I'm like, I don't know what the fuck you just said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I what the thing that I thought I was experiencing was cosidinia and it's just like tailbone pain. But I was like thinking about how like when you go to a doctor like the diagnosis will just be like my ass hurts, and they're like, yeah, you got ass algia, Like yeah, I know it hurts.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah yeah, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like just how like the sort of medical interaction it's sort of like the diagnosis is so I think it's just really underrated. How like we're taking in what doctors say when half the time they're just confirming what we're saying back to you.
Speaker 1: But just like with.
Speaker 2: Medical tilting Latin, which.
Speaker 3: Is great because sometimes they like, oh you have this, probably this is what you do. Other times I've had it like like some like like sternhum pain from like my posture, and I'm like, oh, so what do you do?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Mandy's just change a posture something, take my riberprofen. Oh. I'm like, oh okay, cool.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I love shout out to the medical terminology because we're wowed when they just go back, oh yeah, that's casidonia.
Speaker 2: Did you did you talk to an actual doctor? You want WebMD on No.
Speaker 1: I went WebMD and I convinced myself I had numerous illness. Yeah, but then I realized I see a stretch.
Speaker 3: I think it was just like opening up my hips a little bit more like relieved all this pressure. And I was like, and that's how you know, I'm a podcaster that sits down way too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I built myself like a standing desk at the end of last week because I was just feeling too sedentary. So I just like had forty you can see, like I have like ten books behind me that were Yeah, I just put my computer on top of that for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh you truly, you just bootlegged.
Speaker 2: It, bootlegged it. Yeah, but my back is fucked up, so not sure. Yeah, my underrated miles beyond just having a back that doesn't hurt. I did go camp and took my kids camping with a bunch of other families over the weekend. My underrated is like bugs and birds and sticks and not having cell phone reception. Yeah, I was. I was worried my kids were going to complain that there was nothing to do, because there literally wasn't. I brought like a few books that they've read before, like a chessboard, a deck of cards, and these little like magnifying glass cup things for like bug collection.
Speaker 1: Put over the bug so you can just kind of like you can like.
Speaker 2: Put them in and then like kind of watch them through the thing and then you know, release, catch and release. But they didn't complain about being bored at all. They just like usually there's always a long negotiation happening that always ends with like what what can I do? Can I like something with media? Like we don't even let our kids watch TV or like do any screens during the week, but they're still throughout the week constantly negotiating for that ship. Well, yeah, just like something about being out there. They just like played with sticks and like made up games and like looked at They were really into fucking Beatles. It was like Beatlemania out there, and it was for me. It was good. Like we none of none of the grown ups had access to like cell phone reception, so we were all just in like a media Schroedegger's cat where like all hell could have been breaking loose. Yeah, but we were all just like out of range for twenty four hours beautiful, except except the people with T mobile. They probably would have They probably would the.
Speaker 1: Damn that could have been an ad I mean, look that No, you know, I'm not even lying. I've been with you know, I've been with T.
Speaker 3: Mobilesin is the two thousand and two, my first side camp, and I did not know how to start a cell phone plan, but T Mobile was willing to take a chance on a kid with no money at all. How many they could collections at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were actually kind of a high draft pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, oh, he doesn't know what the Fu's going on.
Speaker 2: Get this kid five tool mobile phone using exactly exactly. Yeah, I mean being a kid out there, especially when you grow up in the city, it's just another fucking planet. And like, I remember growing up being so disconnected from nature that in my mind I would fantasize about like what I would like the person I would be in nature. I'm like, I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like fucking swinging from the trees. I'll be collecting fucking flood to start fires. I'll whindle and ship. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm glad that the kids they still maintain their their human connection to the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Beetles are fucking cool. They're just like, oh, yeah, I hadn't i'd really observed a beetle under a magnifying glass. That's not what I'd do with my normal day to day. But they look like fucking armored vehicles. They're just like crazy little Yeah, I don't know. It feels like a thing that if you just came to Earth for the first time, you'd be like, what the fuck have you seen it?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: You should get In Japan, beatles are fucking big business. Yeah, they're called kabi so machine means but helmet, so like the you know, think of like a big ass samurai helmet. Ye. The ships, what they look like, that's what they refer to, like these Japanese beetles, and people spend fucking a lot of money on these things, and like sometimes that you can get them to battle, like who's gonna flip the other beetle?
Speaker 1: And you do little beetle battles and ship. It's a whole it's a whole other world.
Speaker 3: And like it even set off like a whole like Power Ranger type show where like the robots were beatles, like real beetle borgs out here. Actually I think they brought it out here. Things think the ship was called Beetleborgs.
Speaker 2: They were robot beetles, be beetles. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like they're all their characters were based on like the look of these and here this is what they look like like you see like all these characters had like these kind of how the Beatles' heads are. Oh yeah, but they're kind of like in that with beetle helmets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, beetles heavy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm birds are dinosaurs who seem to understand how cool it is that they can fly. But like I've been I've been talking about birds for for a while. Beatles though, man, just just clomping around down there.
Speaker 1: I'm asa side.
Speaker 3: You some beetle tapes, man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you got some.
Speaker 1: Beetle beetle tapes? Yeah, like like and one mixtapes back in the day. I got I got a couple of beetle tapes here the World above.
Speaker 2: Then we got home. I was just like wrecked, so I just like passed out on the couch. But we watched a nature documentary about this like caterpillar that tricks ant colonies in defeating it. Like it's just this like elaborate fucking deception. Like it first it makes you think that it's like a baby ant, but then like it starts releasing sense that make people think that it's the queen, and they just feed it like it's the queen. For two years and then like it comes out as like a full ass like bright blue butterfly. Like there's footage in this documentary where the answer just like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like I told you.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest mind fucks I've ever seen it in nature.
Speaker 3: I told you you, stunt queen, I've come out and become some big s butterfly.
Speaker 1: Scammers, scammer as amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, what is What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Tottenham Hotspur Football Club? They're overrated.
Speaker 3: I think they just need to realize that staking your entire existence on trying to be this other club, Arsenal Football Club is just a losing, losing strategy. The North London Darby happened yesterday on Sunday. We went up three to nil very quickly, they scraped two goals back.
Speaker 1: It ended three to two.
Speaker 3: Maybe a bit tense for Tottenham viewers, but for me, a lifelong goooner, I just bassed in the defensive structure and how sound our back line was, and I just knew we were gonna come away with three points. And we're top of the league right now, and we are we are, We have three games left to play, and there is the potential that Arsenal Football Club could lift the Premiership for the first time in twenty years. When our three to zero four team went invincible, they did not lose a single match, as never happened in the Premier League.
Speaker 1: That's why we sing ours's goal. Do you have a gold trophy? No you don't. We do.
Speaker 3: But also we're up against a massive sports washing entity in Manchester City where you know, the like Dubai is basically being like, We're going to just make a team that will people will forget about what Dubai is. Uh, and they they potentially could win too. They have another game in hand, so things could change anyway. So I'm just buzzing off of that. You know, people know I'm an Arsenal fan. It's a big win because we have to keep winning. And basically the way Tottenham fans are looking at it is if we can even get a draw, if they drop points, if they don't get the full three points from winning, it could totally derail our ability to win the league. And they obviously don't want that. But hey, you tried and you failed.
Speaker 1: But here we are. It's great to be here.
Speaker 3: Saint Tottering's Day Sat Totteringham's day has come and.
Speaker 1: It's it's another great one.
Speaker 3: So I just want to say to all the people out there, I know there's Zeigang that are Tottenham supporters.
Speaker 1: You guys used to come into my mentions.
Speaker 2: There was Zei Gang that was Tottenham supporters.
Speaker 3: There was you know, also the Homie James. The homie James. Yeah, big James, also big Tottenham supporter. I mean we would text every now and then. He'd be like, hey, you want to put five on it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, just give me the five now, bro, just do that.
Speaker 3: But anyway, love to all, but yes to all my gooners, a great Monday.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. It's been so fantastic.
Speaker 2: That was That was the closest I've seen your Arsenal fandom coming to your Laker fandom like I saw the Laker fan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah still, because look they're both teams. It's like you got you got these other people who are like, we're as good as you. It's like, yeah, I settled up, man, once you win something, all right.
Speaker 2: My overrated is snobbery toward cheesecake factory.
Speaker 5: Ming you.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's fine dining. I do think it's worth taking the time to appreciate that chain restaurants, I think are the main thing our place to our location in space and time in culture will be known for if not chain restaurants, just like that overall, like I don't know, mix of everything, thousand page cheesecake factory menu, pop culture shit that. Like I think if someone came from the future to this place in a time machine, I suspect that the first thing they'd ask to experience would be like cheesecake factory, right like just like like, I'm sure they will have great restaurants like with like very like wells selected curated cuisine from like a great artist of a chef, Like I think that's always been how food has worked and will continue to work. But like to live in this massive appropriation engine of capitalism that I feel like it's what's remarkable about our place in time and space. And I'm not saying we should like it, but I don't think we should just dismiss it. Like I think there's like a built in sort of shame around it that causes us to not view it as it accurately is, which is like this remarkable thing that doesn't make sense, but is does exist act and Yeah, from an objective perspective, I think it's bad and evil and also like remarkable and I think.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, like moths to a flame. Basically, we're drawn to the cheesecake. I was at the mall on the weekend. Yeah, and I guess it's like I gain it must be it's like prom season. I guess there was bro there were so many kids dressed to the fucking nine waiting to get into cheesecake factory.
Speaker 2: And that's where I went from. Or Yeah, some traditions.
Speaker 1: They live on forever, you.
Speaker 2: Know, tradition unlike any other. But it's going to the cheesecake.
Speaker 3: Factory, right, But don't be like me, who would literally eat everything that he ordered at cheesecake factory and then go and try and be a kid who is secretly drinking during a dance. It's just not just a fucking does that. It didn't like end with anything. I just felt fucking awful, like I was just not in a good place, Like when you eat like a fucking like home depot bucket full of fetccini alfredo. It's it's not good for the soul.
Speaker 2: No, not good for the I I feel like I would need to take a nap on the dance floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, that sounds terrible.
Speaker 3: I just had to fight through it, be like no, I'm good, dude, Like you're switting a lot and everyone else you're really cold, good dude, just ask the fucking DJ to play girls all pause, walk and see walk.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some stories that we're trending over the weekend or this morning. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and Christine Noman is a front runner, the front runner to be not anymore Trump's VP pick or was heading into the weekend.
Speaker 1: I guess not over this shit.
Speaker 2: That's the story.
Speaker 1: Drop the biscuit. Yeah yeah, oh not over this shit. Shot my dog cricket. I'm trying to do the eminem Ryan.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: So the talk was like Christine, no, man, she might because everyone was also saying she's been posturing to try and be like Maga queen and like maybe this is a good running maide. She's you know, traditionally good looking, which that's all Trump needs to run with.
Speaker 1: Obviously. Mike Penn's traditionally good looking too, but yeah, her a little bit.
Speaker 2: More stable than Marjorie Taylor Green right, oh, political entity, so like she's like super prior to this, I'm heading heading into this story right right, like a little bit more stable. Like it turns out stable in the Mitt Romney way where it's like, oh no, no humanity under the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite Buddha's hot dog.
Speaker 3: My favorite meat is hot dog, and my favorite pastime is shot dog. So she's got a book coming out, because that's how you know you're serious in an election here, you gotta have your fucking biography or some memoir come out. The Guardian got a copy and in the review they're like, whatever, it's a bunch of bullshit. But the thing that has stuck out for so many people is she there's a long fucking passage apparently about her fourteen month old wire hair pointer dog named Cricket.
Speaker 2: Oh cute, this is going to be such a cute, humanizing one.
Speaker 3: She was like, oh this this this pupps getting all kinds of stuff. It wasn't behaving during our pheasant hunts. What is this fucking Victorian England? Yeah, going out, going out of quote, going out of her mind with excitement chasing all those birds and having the time of her life.
Speaker 1: So like again, we're describing a puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh so a puppy.
Speaker 3: But the thing is the dog wouldn't behave as much as Christy tried to control this wild animal. You know, she tried an electric shock collar, it didn't work. And then on the way home from a failed hunt, she stops by a friend's house that had chickens. The dog, the puppy, went fucking wild and started chasing and attacking these chickens, and apparently, you know there, shit just went left. The owner was really sad about the dog attacking the chickens, and no one wrote them a check to be.
Speaker 1: Like, hey man, sorry about this.
Speaker 3: And instead of figuring out or just accepting that this is a puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah I knew, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Content warning trigger warning violence against animals. Literally, Gnome took the dog out.
Speaker 1: Oh let me just read this.
Speaker 3: Cricket was a picture of pure joy, but I hated that dog. Gnome rights, and the dog had proved herself untrainable, dangerous to anyone she came in contact with, and less than worthless as a hunting dog.
Speaker 1: At that moment, I realized I had to put her down Jesus.
Speaker 3: So she led the dog to a fucking gravel pit and dispatched it. What yeah, fuck, They're like what the Everyone's like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What is this? Well?
Speaker 2: Why is this in the book? I? Yeah, it's incredible. So the pheasant hunt like it's a puppy. So the fact that it's not like immediately perfectly trained, she just hasn't given it a chance. And then, on the way home from a trip where the dog has proven unable to resist chasing birds like every bird that it sees, she brings it to her house with chickens, like she is setting this dog up for failure. It's like there's a part of her that was just had an itchy trigger finger and exactly, you little fucker. Oh yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: Seen enough people's court to know that the owner is in the wrong hair, not the dog. Yeah, if you know this about the dog, then I mean I don't even know. I'm not even gonna I'm not gonna finish it. You fucking know better. So anyway, then apparently a fucking construction crew was like watching this all unfold, and during that after like the dog, she put the dog down. She also decided to take out quote her family's nasty and mean goat, which quote loved to chase her children, took it out to the same gravel bit that same.
Speaker 1: Day and dispatched it.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Then again, there's apparently a construction crew that was like nearby, just mouths a gape, like being like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: Like where is this going?
Speaker 3: So she loaded her shotgun and dispatched them too, and put him in the same gravel pit, every single member of that every single one, but like no, And then so then her her daughter comes home from school is like, hey, where's Cricket, And she just like kind of stays dead.
Speaker 1: Cricket is dead.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we do now know why the story is in the book, because there was a construction crew. She did the thing, you know, both animals, and then turned around to see a like a bunch of construction workers with their mouths open looking at her, and she was like, all right, I'm either going to have to put this in my book or kill these people.
Speaker 1: Don't don't give them the jump on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but truly, like they just can't be like the Republicans can't be like this was. This was their answer to Marjorie Taylor Green being too weird. She's like, oh yeah, I will straight murk a puppy. Yeah, like a puppy for being having too much joy in its heart.
Speaker 3: Seems to be like being too puppy, I think, But also like there are certainly other options, how it's the picture of pure joy. There's certainly more options, like of what you can do with the dog before you arrive to DJIBOUTI shooty in a gravel pit.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's so anyway, she's like come out now and like kind of doubled down and being like, look, man, it's just what life's like out on the farm. And I get that that may be different. And I think that's probably why she even thought this was okay, because she's like, well, a lot of people can connect to like maybe this like rural agrarian thing, but I don't think most people are like, yeah, man, every person who lives out in the rural America knows you just got to shoot a puppy because it's too wild for behaving like a puppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was like, look, we love animals. Tough decisions happen. We just had to put down three horses a few weeks ago that had been with our family for twenty five years. Yeah. Yeah, that's putting an animal out of its misery, that is suffering. Like I'm sure that like an older are times that that is absolutely justified. A fourteen month old puppy being too rambunctious for your pheasant hunting excursion is just.
Speaker 3: There's a difference between euthanasia and inconvenience massacre, right, you know, we're just like I don't know that. Oh you know what, while I'm mad at who get that fucking goat real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the fact that she had her like vengeance up. I mean, it's a it's.
Speaker 3: A weird thing because I'm trying I'm wondering that this is trying to signal to the bass that it's like, Yo, dude, I'm down to put a fucking puppy like in the ground.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Think of me at the right hand of Trump and what kind of shit I'll get into if I have no fucking sympathy for a fucking puppy baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine what we can fucking do. Or she just thought like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how in any reality, like you're running for president and this is a country where people like care about dogs more than fucking fellow Americans. Yeah, to be quite honest, that they're gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that's arkle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now you can kill people in a movie, you cannot kill dogs in a movie without losing the audience.
Speaker 3: Like that's yeah exactly, Like john Wick is built off of the concept of the kill dog. Right, Well, now you're gonna have to top everybody that you see right between the eyes.
Speaker 2: If she had taken out the construction crew, you know, because.
Speaker 1: Just like just thinking about it, Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Definitely like that crossed her mind for sure. Right, turns around and just sees like with her political fortunes, like a she has a line to the White House at least in her own mind, you know, and then turns around there's a construction crew just watching her.
Speaker 1: She just or she just puts the gun to her head and she's like, don't make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and then under her head and then a shinger over the lips.
Speaker 1: So yeah, anyway, good luck, good luck?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, all right, the White House correspondents dinner having this weekend. Uh, it's the dinner that celebrates journalists in this case, just just not the ones who've been killed in Gaza. In fact, so it was Colin jo just given some gentle barbs at Biden, mostly about his old age, which we know that a very sensitive about. This all happened well, a crowd of anti war protesters were chanting just outside the venue, condemning not just the White House but also the under coverage of the war by Western news outlets, and you know, right on cue, the topic of Gaza barely came up during the dinner, neither Biden nor just mentioned it. And like, so here's here's a type of what one of the jokes from jos the Republican candidate for president, owes half a billion in fines for bank fraud and is currently spending his days farting himself awake during a porn star hush money trial, and the race is tied.
Speaker 1: Oh, brilliant writing.
Speaker 2: But it's like, also the answer to that question is the people chanting outside totally. So it's like you're you're gonna you made the decision to ignore it, but then you have like a joke where the that like literally begs the question of like, how's this thing tied? It's like nothing right at all.
Speaker 3: Also, first of all, Colin, I don't know who wrote this, but you're okay, fine, bank fraud.
Speaker 1: I'm not pro bank farting. I'm pro farting. I'm pro sex work. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Farting yourself awake is one of the most human things an old man can do.
Speaker 1: And dogs too, and then get scared and but yeah, it would be.
Speaker 3: That's what's so fun, Like it just shows that joke is written from the perspective of these people with such cognitive dissonance that they're like, I got a fucking memory hole. This real horrible thing that's happening to be like oh my gosh, Like to this guy, Joe's doing nothing, like literally he's doing nothing.
Speaker 1: And that's probably that's that that sort of is the problem right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like just there there's so many any horrifying statistics, like the staggering number of journalists who've been killed in Gaza would be it should be like one of the main stories that's happening right now, but like it only.
Speaker 1: Got brought us from other journalists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a dinner about honoring journalists and like their bravery, like they, I guess didn't feel like they could mention it because the mainstream media does is trying to memory hold the whole thing. NBC's Kelly O'Donnell during the coverage noted since October, about one hundred journalists have been killed, most of those deaths in Gaza. Reportedly, at least ninety seven journalists have been killed in Gaza.
Speaker 3: So that you could say nearly all, yeah, most, yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 2: The Committee to Protect Journalists have also noted that of all the journalists who were killed in twenty twenty three, nearly seventy five percent of them were Palestinian. And they've also that journalists and their family members are being targeted. And this is again the Committee to Protect Journalists is saying, this pattern of journalists in Gaza reporting, receiving threats, and subsequently their family members are being killed.
Speaker 1: So this is a wild I mean, this is.
Speaker 3: For where we're at in the race, and how much now Gaza and Israel is featuring front and center for people like they, I don't they're really fucking up so bad, Like even you have like dude, big d democrat types you know what I mean, like just who are now being like, yeah, I'm kind of going to town hall meetings and like it's not just like students and people of color who are like what are you guys doing about this? Like it's terrible what's happening to the Palestinian people?
Speaker 1: And when you have that, I mean, like.
Speaker 3: You know, there's this guy, Mark Pokan who's a Wisconsin Democrat. He's you know, he's a little more progressive, but like he he was he took video like his town hall meeting because like this elderly woman was like, I'm like really freaked out by like what's happening, And so are my friends, Like can you tell the president that? They're like yeah, that's why I'm videotaping this so they know that. It's also like older like white ladies who are also equally shocked and horrified by our inaction, or rather our encouragement and armament of this whole thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's I mean, it.
Speaker 3: Has to be something now they have to really be trying to figure out because now, like you know, you look at the last like the latest polls, Biden is behind six points, and you see all these student protests popping up.
Speaker 1: And it's not just because of the TikTok.
Speaker 2: Or whatever the new No, it's actually because of the COVID Actually now, yeah, yeah, we actually figured out the reason for this. So the New York Posts has a theory. So just to recap, over the weekend, two hundred anti war protesters at American colleges were arrested on Saturday alone, as cops used brute force, including tasers and tear gas on peaceful protesters. Funly, something like this had happened before in US history to give people an idea of like who's on the right side of this one. But as the protests continue, the media coverage has just been trying to make sense of how to cover this without grappling with the complaints of the protesters. Yeah, and they have settled on pathologizing it as COVID lockdowns are the reason behind it. The New York Post had a forensic psychiatrist, Karl Lieberman, who said that this gives them an opportunity to identify with oppressed against oppressors. The communal aspect of the demonstration may also give demonstrators denied socialization at a key point in their lives comfort So what a cool opportunity these kids have been given to identify with the oppressed and get pummeled by armed police.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who'd have thought that the kids whose financial outlook looks bleak and have watched billionaires steal their future straight from their faces, that they're upset about stuff they think they're they think like they got stuff to complain about. That's one thing you see is like what do these college kids have to complain about? And I'm like, are you. Like I've said before, when I was graduating in college, I didn't realize that everything was being stolen right before my eyes. But yeah, enough time has pastor we're like, oh, yeah, that's what happened. And now you have kids that firmly understand what is happening, like not just Gaza aside, just like the world that they're living in, the entry that they're living in. And I mean, yeah, I get that COVID definitely affects people, But to say that that's the reason why, like they're no, no one is actually saying that there is empathy here, right, That's not it's not because it's a fuck, it's fucking cool.
Speaker 1: It's the new fucking Stanley Cruiser.
Speaker 3: Mug or whatever, the new fucking protest or mug, and Ione's like, yeah, I gotta have that. There's there're definitely people who are looking at what's happening, are so disgusted, and they're trying to figure out how to do something about it, and in this context, how they can get their universities to not profit from it or be financially incentivized by doing business with Israel, or and also just drawing attention to the fact that these kids want the federal government to do something different.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's like, how long are they going to keep doing this shit?
Speaker 6: Like it's it's covid man, it's the TikTok, it's the uh, it's the fuck what's next the it's the white clause man, it's all the fucking white claw.
Speaker 1: These kids drink made them into radicals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yikes, I think yeah, I think they're they're asking that question, like, how how long are they going to keep doing this? Like that? That's literally the question. Are only growing.
Speaker 1: It's only growing, It's only growing, And.
Speaker 2: They are so gonna We got over the we got over the war protest stuff.
Speaker 5: Come on, we went on to be what is this two thousand and three going on. Man, yeah, and that's the thing you don't even have. You don't even have the thing that you can transition the hippies to the yuppies like they did in the in the eighties and really give people being like yeah, well you know, I got I got this ship now, so that's kind of cool, right, But yeah, man, this is it's it's it's just it's really it's upsetting. It's worrying, and like seeing increasingly more people like try and paint like Michigan as like this place, like well they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna throw They're gonna basically hand the election to Trump. These people want Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you are being such a add faith assessment about what's happening, and you do that because the second you even get near objectivity, you have to grapple with the fact that these people are saying, like when they say i'm I'm I don't want to genocide continue, and then you have visort of support to say like, well, I don't want a genocide to continue either, I don't want I don't want to was like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then do do we acknowledge that that's what's happening? No, that's not what's happening? Yeah, what the fuck are we talking about? How about zoom out?
Speaker 3: Do we not like to see a government just unilaterally displace and kill people? Does that work? Is that a statement we can agree on? But yeah, there's just anything but actually talking about it and like, yeah, but this is where we are and this is the mess that the Democrats are having, Like this is such a headache now politically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then just a weird, weird weekend to be honoring the mainstream media of America. Yeah, I've kind of been asleep at the wheel on this one.
Speaker 3: It's like wild too, because you see, like articles are like, what can the Biden administration do to get people to realize the economy is doing great?
Speaker 1: What can you do?
Speaker 3: Well, guess what this problem has an actual It's such an easy fucking answer. How can the how can the Biden administration short support from college students, from Muslims.
Speaker 1: Arab Americans, other people who are there? What can you do?
Speaker 3: It's easy fucking draw a line in the sand and just say this isn't gonna happen anymore. Figure it out, and use the full weight of the government to actually try and create a positive outcome for these Palestinian people. It's but hey, yeah, we can keep with Yeah, well the fuck it, it's it's white.
Speaker 1: Claw and COVID and fucking TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: And there's this thing, uh that happened over like Trump and DeSantis had breakfast together on Sunday and he.
Speaker 1: Spent the night. What's that he spent the night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly now, but I don't know that. People are like it's an attempt to thaw their relationship after the Republican primary. And but then the alternate read is like it's also Trump is begging for money, which seems like that's just the mode he's in right now. Oh yeah, So he wanted to discuss the possibility of tapping DeSantis's donor network, which includes deep pocketed hedge fund billionaires and members of the National Finance Board, which I don't know. It seems like the premise of that scenario of the meeting is that this is like Trump is looking for the sales leads, like in Glengarry Glen Rode. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, right, Like hey, man, like doesn't he feel like you would already have access to or like know who donated huge amounts of money to the number one anybody but Trump candidate? Ye, but yeah so yeah and.
Speaker 3: Then not like it's just a handful of donors that were bankrolling DeSantis. I think that's why comes like holy shit, man, can I get like tap me in?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: But also come, I mean, I don't know this is this is a weird one because I mean, while on one hand, it's like thought like Trump has no interest in ever thawing any kind of relationship, like once he turns his back or gets you know, antagonistic, like that's it. He's never gonna be like hey, I was like I was kind of around there. I should have thought, yeah, you my number one guy, Bob, and yeah, this is definitely money bag city. And to your point, it's like these are all the people who like hate you, So I don't know what you think is gonna come of it. That's where I think if these billionaires are smart, which i'd imagine you don't become a billionaire without being like really machiavellian, transactional and shrewd in you're thinking that you're like, watch, dude, this guy's gonna have to come fucking on his.
Speaker 1: Hands and knees to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we can fucking extract whatever backdoor bullshit we want right from that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably the standard political bullshit happening where it's like, yeah, they these people donated a shitload of money to Ron DeSantis because they thought anybody but Trump candidate could win, and you know, preferred that for whatever reason. But I mean, they're still trying to purchase access, So I guess it does make sense.
Speaker 3: That they're they're still after like the same fucking weird project of what America should be like, you know, especially from their perspective. So it then they're like, all right, well, then I guess it's not like they're gonna be I don't know, I'd be surprised if these donors are like, no, we're actually gonna sit this one out right, rather than like, yeah, man, you're gonna have to wear my company is Ago on the back of every blazer you wear.
Speaker 1: You want that? You like that? Yeah? You like that?
Speaker 2: What do you like about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you like that? You little pay pig?
Speaker 2: All right, and you have to say you like it? Pinkink dead if you or I guess they could.
Speaker 3: Be the pay pigs in this instance, but anyway, yeah, it's uh I yeah, well well we'll see what happens there, because I mean, this is to the point where I don't think we actually mentioned it on the show, but like Trump's like charging down ballot candidates in the Republican Party like a five percent fee, Like really if they're using his likeness and shit or like trying to align so it's like you're extort whatever. Dude, Yeah, this is this is all very sustainable. That's wild, Like they got to kick up to him. Now, it's straight mob shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the sort of thing that at the outset of his involvement in politics, he seemed to he was like, yeah, they like all these un countries should pay us a protection fee, and everybody laughed and wanted like with the that's not how anything works. But it turns out because you know, when he has absolute power over an entity, in this case, the Republican Party, like he just he can he can do that, he will remake it in the style of the mob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's just basically what he did is sent a letter basically being like, real, nice digital ad.
Speaker 1: Agency, you have here. Yeah, that's a quote.
Speaker 3: Beginning tomorrow, we asked that all candidates and committees who choose to use President Trump's name, image, and likeness split a minimum of five percent of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's uh whatever, man, it's look if the way things are going, it looks like Trump doesn't even have to might not even have to raise money, which is so fucking frightening, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so we'll see. Man, Hey, November, take your time, take your time.
Speaker 2: We're good here. We're six chilling, chilling, chill and chilling, chilling.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: And then people probably saw that Jerry Seinfeld was ranting about the extreme left. This has been a thing that's been going on for a while with him, like ever since twenty fifteen, when he got mad that people didn't laugh enough at his bad joke. Hey, but like, I don't know, it seems seems like it's getting more ideological. So he appeared on The New Yorker's podcast the other day to promote his new pop tarts movie Uh and blast the extreme left for killing comedy. He specifically suggested that in the good old days you could watch sitcoms like Cheers and Mash, but that's all gone thanks to the left's PC crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, PC crap is called holding a mirror.
Speaker 2: Up to me right that it's just it like it's kind of it's kind of too stupid to dignify with the response. But the changes he's describing are mostly technological, like he's pining for a day of like monoculture, where like everybody's watching the same shit on TV, right, and sitcoms are still big now, but nobody's going to invest in like all the guests and check it takes to find the hit sitcoms when they can still exploit older sitcoms such as Friends the Office and I don't know Seinfeld, which he just got paid a shit little money to have on Netflix and I don't know. He just seems like they mad that there's more of a plurality of diverse voices that have platforms today, and it's it really like a lot of it seems to come back to this idea, like he had this joke that he did so he came out in twenty fifteen, was like I can't do colleges anymore. Everybody's way too woke for me. So again, college kids are a problem, especially according to old, powerful people. He said he had to stop doing it because around this time he did this joke about how we scroll through our phones like a gay French king, like did like these big broad gestures, which I have seen people use big gestures to scroll through their phone. I think, yeah, he was really playing it up, like he's playing it up way too much. He also like it doesn't the joke doesn't make sense, Like you could make that joke and say it's a French king because like the thing you're talking about is like being high falutin and you know, trying to.
Speaker 3: You missed us with the modifier gay, right, but yeah, because both because it like it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: And then he like you know, dug in on it and like, I mean it's a weird joke. Like that's why people responded without laughter, because it's the weird joke that doesn't weird and.
Speaker 3: Also just like not funnier, Like all right, dude, is this like your airplane food bit now, Like we're talking about like how we scroll on phones? Like okay, thanks twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, like this whenever people say like woke has ruined comedy, it means someone's called me out on how my joke isn't funny and explained it in a way that really unsettled me and made me second, guess if I know what's funny anymore? And then I have to do the principal skinner. No, it's not me. It's the children that are wrong, right, the children that are wrong, not me, because like, yeah, like this whole idea of because the other thing too. There was another oh like when people pointed out the lack of like black people on, Seinfeld.
Speaker 4: Was, oh my god, really right, Like this is so dumb and has to do this thing where he doesn't even want to have a moment where he could like analyze what happened unless he was overtly a decision, in which case that's another thing for him to.
Speaker 1: Have to deal with.
Speaker 3: But it's like it follows this pattern of people be like, dude, what's going on with that?
Speaker 1: Like or what happened with this? It was a past Okay, he's fuck off the fucking woke left, extreme left ruined comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just don't fucking make me have to answer for any decisions I made and whatever. Do what you want, Jerry, Like, have fun and just leave us alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just weird coming from him, a comedian who's edgiest bits used to involve like inedible airline food and who's literally promoting a Netflix movie about fucking breakfast pastry right that he's like, Ah, I'm just too edgy for most people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right guy.
Speaker 2: I mean it was it was super edgy when he was, you know, in his thirties and you know, used his comedy to pick up a high school girl in Central Park. But yeah, that doesn't feel like what do you.
Speaker 1: Want to talk about that, Larry or not Larry Jerry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean it is like, think about I do wonder because like, the person who can get away with, you know, saying edgy shit and in a comedic place and like pushing people's buttons is Larry David on Curb And I just wonder how much of this is him just realizing he's not Larry. Yeah, he's not Larry. And like a lot of the credit that he initially got for Seinfeld now in retrospect, people are like, oh this this guy can make the kind of observations and like get away with the shit like he's a lot of the genius those behind the original show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, because there's a delivery.
Speaker 3: There's a delivery aspect to it too, that Seinfeld just doesn't have that Larry David does. Like Larry David, like he comes from a place of like, you know, like when he's assured on his bad takes, Like he does it in a way where you can tell like it's he's still opening himself up for critique. Yeah, where it's like sign was like, I am right and I'm infallible.
Speaker 1: End of story. Shut the fuck up, fuck you woke left. Oh okay, but anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyways, all right, thanks Jerry, Thanks Jerry. Can't wait to hear his takes on the protests on college campuses.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that was factoring in this head too, because he caught a bunch of criticism for visiting Israel like in the end of the year and like posing with guns and shit, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what the fuck kind of weird macho maniac shit is this? Yeah, and he's like the woke claf the woke lap.
Speaker 2: All right, Uh, that whole story I just wanted to cover to get a little little taste of.
Speaker 1: Just let it go, Let it go Black People on New Show with the Black People, New Show.
Speaker 3: Wait, that guy's black, Okay, well I thought he was Filipino.
Speaker 1: Good by Bay.
Speaker 3: That would be a fucking bit on Seinfeld, where like there's like some biracial person and yeah.
Speaker 1: Like you keep calling me Filipino, Jerry, That's what I thought you were, Philippine.
Speaker 2: What's the problem? But you are all right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, April twenty ninth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,