Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trend syncs back all right, who which, of course not an in sync song? That's Backstreet Back all right, that's fine though. That is what was happening in my brain when I saw in sync was back. I was like, Oh, just like that song that's by a different band, by them, by kind of them. Backstreet was first and then in Sync. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm Jack Beth Miles. This is elderly people. As you hear elderly man, you hear his final synapses firing off.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, welcome. You got a front row seat, y'all to this one, your.
Speaker 1: Jackson Show sundown Ing with Jack O'Brien. All Right, n Sync reunited and it feels so good, so good for some of us, as long as you don't look at the people on the ends of the picture of them reuniting.
Speaker 2: They they got back together.
Speaker 3: We first saw this at the empty whatever MTV Awards show just happened that I had zero interest in.
Speaker 1: Had record low ratings. The VMAs did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We're we already hit peak VM Like when the when the Jamiroquai dude hit the fucking conveyor belt on stage.
Speaker 2: That was peak VMAs, Like it was all downhill from there.
Speaker 1: That was a moment where I realized that my values had changed, Like overnight is all summer. I was like, Chris Rock was hosting the VMAs. I was like, Chris Rock's hosting the VMA's is gonna be cool. And then I got to college and like found out that the VMAs had happened like three months ago, and I was like, wow, that was not a thing. Yeah even registered, Like I just totally forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I was just so focused on my studies and you know, completely less track.
Speaker 2: I didn't even seem do Virtual Insanity lives exactly. But yeah, they were back there there.
Speaker 3: Apparently they got like a single coming out from the New Troll soundtrack, but off Mike. We were trying to determine what the impetus was for them getting back together, because they have not been seen together since twenty eighteen, like when they were they got like a Walk of Fame star and then they've all been doing their own thing.
Speaker 2: But now they're all back together.
Speaker 3: And I just went through here and I was trying to figure out who needs money and why and why we all need It's still hard to know. Do you want to make more money?
Speaker 1: Sure we all do. Do you remember that infomercial whos Oh, do you want to make more money? Sure we all do? It was like that late eighties, early nineties. Anyway. Yeah, yeah, So Joey Fetone looks like he has age day generation, like has lapped them by a generation. He looks like he is their dad. Now. He dresses like he is their dad. Now. He dresses like he was styled by the person who styled Lebron James for his NBA Draft night and went into a coma and then came out and immediately was asked to style Joey Fatone.
Speaker 2: But Jack correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm no stylist here. Does he still have the sleeve tag on his brand new suit?
Speaker 1: He does? He does smiles or I don't know, unless that's like a thing like a little he would say that embellished and.
Speaker 3: Sticker on your Yeah, but that looks like baby, I mean that suit?
Speaker 1: Is he really? He looks like a He doesn't just look like a cop. He looks like a retired cop, a disgrace. Yeah, he looks like a disgraced police captain.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, like like the most corrupt like precinct in the NYPD. Yeah, was like under his command, he was the watch commander. Shout out Lance Bass, who looks the best out of all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lance Bass looks better.
Speaker 2: J C.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not younger, but just like better. He looks like he's like just more fully himself than is having a great time. Good for him. J C.
Speaker 2: Chase looks like like j C.
Speaker 3: George young, Like he's like like the main character from Blow.
Speaker 1: He's got he's the Oh.
Speaker 3: J C.
Speaker 1: Chase is the one next to Justin Timberlake in this picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the Deviators.
Speaker 1: Yeah he has. Yeah, he's gone full blow. He saw the movie Blow and it changed his whole ass personality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like me El Machico from now on.
Speaker 2: You're like, what the fuck is that? Have you seen Blow?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In my country they called me Aho.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I was a monologue I used to say really annoyingly when I was twenty years old and Chris Kirkpatrick, I'm the techno. Dreadlocks are gone.
Speaker 1: The chip still the chin beard, still intact, full intact, Like has he stuck with that continuously?
Speaker 2: He may have, I don't have.
Speaker 1: That is impressive. Of all the bad styles that they were rocking, that we all were rocking, but they in particular were rocking a lot of bad ship in the early nineties, like that was maybe the worst, the least advisable to stick with. And he's just still still got it. I wonder that's what he said when he saw them for the first time, pointing to his chin and said, still got it.
Speaker 3: See you boys, I'm here, read them. I never left, never left. It's like it's like we're back in ninety seven boys. Yeah, but also credits. I mean, how does how is nobody bald?
Speaker 1: No? I mean I think I think, uh, there's a lot going on with the uh hair plug technology from what I understand.
Speaker 3: You think or do you think they genetically test these people like before they enter the band to be like we'll be all right fifteen years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to needed that.
Speaker 1: Whoever that creepy like manager was like Lou Pearlman. I wanted to say, Ron Pearlman, that's.
Speaker 3: Non pro casts versions on the Yeah, hell boy, Like I wonder if they're like, yeah, kit can sing and dance.
Speaker 1: Let me see a picture of your mom's father real quick.
Speaker 3: At around forty Okay, yeah, they're in. They're in, They're in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the question like, are they coming back together because somebody needs money? Are they coming back together because Justin Timberlake needed a win. But my guess is it's because Justin Timberlake needed a win because he's like, you know, we all we didn't find anything out new about him necessarily. We just had a reevaluation, reevaluation of this man's role with Janet Jackson, with Britney Spears, and we're like, maybe not yeah, in fact, maybe not.
Speaker 2: At his like woodsman phase. Yeah, you forget about that.
Speaker 1: Shit either Man of the Woods. Yeah. Yeah, there's just like black and white pictures of him, like wading through a pond in all denim. Yeah, no thing.
Speaker 2: We don't need that. We don't need that. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure part of it too is they're probably how much is this fucking guy make it for.
Speaker 2: A Trolls movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they're probably like, hold on, bro, cut us back into this shit, please, like you help out.
Speaker 1: I believe the plot of the latest troll movie is that Justin Timberlake's character in the Trolls movie, Uh, is revealed to have been like part of a boy band in the past, and so wait, are you for real? I think so? Or that could have been the plot of the last Trolls movie or every Trolls movie, but that's what I and I think. The song that they performed at the VMA's was oh yeah, a troll a Trolls song, like a song for the movie Trolls. I'm just wondering if yeah.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: Poppy discovers that branch At his four brothers were once part of our favorite boy boy band.
Speaker 2: Fast nine times or just one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so many times I said it Fast nine times throughout the early nineties. But that is interesting because that means that the impetus and the energy, the money behind this reunion was in fact coming from Justin Timberlake. Wait, you know, all these other dudes are making money like they're probably you know, they have full time jobs like flipping houses or whatever you do as a former member of InSync, like being a club promoter, and we're probably like, yeah, all right, man, yeah, okay, Justin needs us.
Speaker 3: I guess I feel like part of them are nostalgic enough that I don't think it was probably hard to make it happen. Naude, there's you hear that?
Speaker 2: Hear that beeping?
Speaker 3: Bro, that's a Brinks truck backing up into your fucking driveway to drop off cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, justin Timberlake's call to them, probably doesn't even reach a full ring before they pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, dude, I'll do it. I'll do it.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say, Dude, remember my uncle that you really liked?
Speaker 2: He passed away. You want to know? Oh, okay, okay, well but you had any business opportunity.
Speaker 1: I don't remember him. Oh really, I thought I thought you said you liked that one time. Anyways, named his dog after you. Uh, Hunter Biden, who looks like he could be a former member of incinc. Yeah, pretty handsome guy. He's been indicted on firearms charges, folks, he's in trouble.
Speaker 3: Indicted, double LP world excited or maybe just Fox the Fox News set.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because what he was just he was lying to get a gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's buying a gun while high on drugs, and and uh, just everything about what he does is so cool. Sorry, that's not that's not true. It's not cool. Guns aren't cool. Drugs lead bad places, but it does just all sound like shit from a like behind the music or you know, like like all of the stories about him are like out of a touring documentary about the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, it's like Keith got really messed up that night, went out and bought a cult Cobra revolver, lied on the application just so he could shoot a beer can out of the air.
Speaker 1: But anyways, yeah, so he like they got him on a technicality that like they're you know, legal to buy gun while high on drugs, and he like lied about that on a form and so he's probably he could go to jail for ten years.
Speaker 3: And what a fucking world this guy, Like what please look into the I know they got to be looking into Jared Kushner. They have to be the amount of money this guy was siphoning off like during like the administration, I whatever, Like anyway.
Speaker 2: Cool cool, cool, cool cool cool. But hey, you know, Hunter, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Like I remember he had his like plea deal fall apart two, so who knows, who knows what went on there, but I'm sure they're going to really seize on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a drug bust on Donald Trump Junior like that that would be bad for the world, right if there was just if it seemed like there was like a tit for tat thing happening. But like you could probably get him for cocaine, right, He seems like he's you know, I like glazed and barely open on cocaine most of the time.
Speaker 3: Now, I bet like a TikTok prankster could fucking entrap this dude.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna d O J or.
Speaker 3: The FEDS sucking anybody.
Speaker 2: I'm just low its low hanging fucking fruit.
Speaker 1: Just a this is for a YouTube break show. We just asked this guy if he wanted to buy drugs, gave us you want to.
Speaker 3: Buy a little coke, and he gave me his money and then I gave him a miniature coke bottle and he that's like, that's.
Speaker 2: What I do on my channel. Yeah, he really went for it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And as we talked about weeks ago, the Trump campaign immediately turned his mugshot into a fundraising opportunity cash cow, plastering the jpeg onto like every piece of shitty merchandise, imaginable T shirts, posters, beer, koozies. There's even a version where it's like an like they photo shopped his mugshot to resemble Obama's hope poster. But it just looks like shit, Like it doesn't. Yeah, it's not recognizable as the mugshot necessarily it does it like it you need a very specific image of a person for that to scan as like hopeful, and so he just looks like it's a villain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because no one understood.
Speaker 3: Like, I guess they're doing their version of what they think Shepherd Fairy was doing with that Obama portrait, and they're like, you just got to do like fucking wild ass highlights in red, white and blue all over.
Speaker 2: The face, even if it completely obscures that fucking shape.
Speaker 1: Of the face. Yeah. According to the campaign, the strategy worked. They raised more than seven million dollars in the wake of the mugshot merch push. Oliver Netsky also will soon become a bobblehead.
Speaker 3: It don't like the mug shot, just like the like a mug shot bobblehead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess they're gonna that one. I'm kind of intrigued to see what do you look like.
Speaker 3: Because that like never surrenders Shepherd fairy ripoff like it makes Donald Trump look like an Ultimate Warrior toy that was microwaved for fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really. He looks like he's melting.
Speaker 3: He looked like but like with that specific face paint design that Ultimate Warrior had back in the WWF days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like a melted cran sculpture of the Ultimate Warrior. Bad job, bad jobs all around. Yeah, particularly because that ship's illegal.
Speaker 2: Oh they wait, oh sorry, what was that part?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't own that. Like I guess there's like fair use arguments, but that fair you does not count when you're raising money explicitly off of it.
Speaker 3: He says, you can't claim fairy use, like what, I took the image directly and I put it on a consumer good.
Speaker 2: I'm now selling and keeping all the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Legal. It seemed to back up a claim made by the Fulton County Sheriff's Office that the county owns that they say the rights to the image likely belonged to the Sheriff's office or the state.
Speaker 3: Sow uh oh, I mean, will they do something about it?
Speaker 1: But it's just like that real standard, because so I guess if this had been a federal booking photo, then it would have been free to use. But it's like that Trump version of legal understanding, where it's just well, what what like, it's just like what he heard from a lawyer he golfs with, you know, right, that drives his understanding what's legal?
Speaker 2: I just who owns it?
Speaker 3: It feels like that scene in Boogie Nights when they're trying to get the tapes from their hit song they recorded, yeah, when he's like you, yeah, sure. Granted the tapes themselves are like you own them. But the magic that is on those tapes, that fucking heart and soul that we've put in the.
Speaker 1: That's ours and you don't know that. That's the logic. That's logic exactly. Also the Ultra Right beer guy, Yeah yeah, so that's still somehow a thing. Uh, And he announced a new limited edition beer with Trump's smugshot on the can. Naturally, this was announced in a video in which that guy, the CEO, wigs into a swimming pool while wearing a suit like somebody who has lost their actual mind set to the two Dido's Thank You was.
Speaker 2: The Dido thank You video?
Speaker 1: Really? Like? Is that a reference to that? Is that what happened, like.
Speaker 3: In my mind that could be the only I mean, without me knowing anything, because I'm looking at this picture and it's confusing to see a guy just gonna half like waist high in a pool and like you want to buy a beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very strange, a real tonal shift from where he was just like this cockture guy coming out of restrooms where he was drinking beer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, enjoying a beer in my in the men's rooms, having a beer.
Speaker 1: In the men's room. Yeah, at a public park anyways.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad it's at a competitive price.
Speaker 1: Sixty yeah, six pack for forty bucks. Supposedly a portion of the proceeds from the beer wapping ten percent will be going to GOP legal defense funds in Georgia to quote fight the communists running the Fulton District Attorney's office. Yeah, yep, yeah, real communists.
Speaker 2: What the fuck man words mean nothing anymore.
Speaker 3: And it's like I was reading a little bit more about how like the sort of parallel conservative economy that's starting to emerge of like people being like, why don't target no more? So I'll use like some weird website where I buy like overpriced crap. I don't know they tried every couple of years, but man, a forty dollars six pack. Good luck to those who have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and finally we have a bit of news, Miles. What number iPhone do you have?
Speaker 2: Twelve?
Speaker 1: Me as well, got my head three years.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got mine right before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Hasn't been far from me the entire three years that I've had it, because you know, a modern Western do you keep.
Speaker 2: It on a neck lanyard?
Speaker 1: Keep it when I'm showering? Yeah, like a like soap on a rope, keep an iPhone on a rope. Anyways, Apple has been ordered to stop selling the iPhone twelve, in particular in France, due to tests that reveal that it emits electromagnetic radiation levels that are above EU standards for disposure. Apple disputed the findings, but I don't know how well you know our rule about how like you should always kind of look to the EU for stuff that is not legal there to be wary because they are you know, governments that still seem to be run by human beings as opposed to corporations. So this is bad news for my thighs.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh wait, do I even have a twelve? Wait?
Speaker 3: This phone came out in twenty twenty. Oh, then maybe I don't have Maybe I have eleven. I'm good, bro, I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Good for you, man, damn Jack?
Speaker 2: Wow ful? Oh yeah, I got an eleven.
Speaker 3: Whooh see your boy likes to he moved slow with the upgrades.
Speaker 2: I missed the rate active one.
Speaker 1: Wait are you checking girls? I'm checking on now.
Speaker 2: Wow, We're fucking wild.
Speaker 3: You find it, go to you, go to your settings General.
Speaker 1: iPhone twelve pro macs.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, hey, it's even bigger prayers up for you, Jack.
Speaker 1: Radiation delivered it directly to your upper legs and reproductive area.
Speaker 3: I like how they said when the phone the phone passed the test when kept in a jacket or bag, but not when held in hand or carried in a pocket.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I've never carried it in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Or held it in my hand.
Speaker 3: Good the two places. I've never put my phone in my hand or my pocket. Luckily, though, it's they say that amount of radiation isn't necessarily going to cause damage to a person, But it's just they set those levels for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they set those levels for a reason. You know, maybe not tomorrow, but right, bad news, long run for uh you know, but it's not in it. Like you can always have that part of your body cut off, like your upper leg and like the the joint, you know, your hip joint. That's easy stuff to just trim off.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah, very easy part of the body that when you're elderly and something happens to your hip, very very simple thing to solve.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, because you can just like by the time we're older, I'll probably just be able to like be a kranng and like be in some other larger like being's body that I control with my brain.
Speaker 3: So what's uh yeah, or what was what was the dude called in total recaquato?
Speaker 2: Yeah, quatto? You can quadow it up.
Speaker 1: How we're gonna have anybody know.
Speaker 2: You might have a quatto from this phone.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and then I quatto onto something bigger.
Speaker 1: Once I can't use my hips any more.
Speaker 2: I'm sweating. Uh yeah, the fixure that reference miles. But I think by that time we'll probably just be in wally type chair situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But it's wild that they said that they could probably fix it in an update.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's the thing that kind of bothers me, because I was like, well, wait, why hasn't this been an issue to this point, And it sounds like it is based on updates, which like makes me kind of fucks me up even more. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where it's almost like, so, then could you, like, I mean, if I'm being cynical, update a phone to put out more electromagnetic radiation.
Speaker 1: They say that particular model appears to throw off higher radiation, but it maybe I do love the casual it's just tossing off additional high radiation, but it may be associated with the initial stage of connection, when the phone is looking for a transmit received signal. Mm hmmm cool. So I'll just be be sure to look out for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, you know how, you know how that goes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a sense of I'm very in touch with my phone and it's uh what it's looking for at any given moment. Anyways, Uh, that that's gonna do it for this Thursday. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Heck yeah, until then, kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,