Speaker 1: Betting on sports can be hard, but hiring Morgan and Morgan is easy. Morgan and Morgan is America's largest injury law firm. They have over one hundred offices nationwide and more than one thousand lawyers. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to fourth people dot com slash best Bets or dial pound law pound five to two nine from your cell phone. That's f o R thepeople dot com slash best Bets. This is a paid advertisement. Come check it out. Man Thursday morning, October twenty fourth, twenty twenty four, beating the book podcast megapod for week number eight in the National Football League. Week number eight Skill Alexander Staples of the show, before we introduce our guest, the aforementioned Will Hill, proudly wearing his Lakers hootie.
Speaker 2: Heyo, Gilly, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Should have bet more podcasts? The host of how Many Episodes Week.
Speaker 2: Three times a week Monday, Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Friday, Monday Wednesday Friday.
Speaker 2: Latest guest had Chris Masaro Professional Sports Better Wednesday Monday, it was Dave Ross with a Mets eulogy after Mets Dodgers, so it was a right Dan Bower coaster of motion. Yeah, I've had Dave Ross and Paul's a lot through this Mets run, so it was, uh, it was sad to put them to bed.
Speaker 1: You do political betting with Dave Ross on the program at all? No, nothing.
Speaker 2: I haven't jumped into the election yet. I don't know if you guys wanted to talk about it today, But it's that's that's sneaking up on us too. So there's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: I think it's a queen flip. I really do. Todd Wishedev, the other pillar of this show, the star of Showtimes docuseries Action. You can follow him on t Wishnev on Twitter. By the way, you can follow Willet not be will Hill with two ease Todd wishinge for his mom's quirk attic, everybody, what happening? What's happening?
Speaker 3: Man? What's up?
Speaker 4: I was inspiring?
Speaker 2: Ye inspired.
Speaker 1: It's just great.
Speaker 2: He's great for radio.
Speaker 1: He really knows.
Speaker 3: And I'm bitter. I had a bad night last night and I'm bitter. I'm just bitter.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's start a show with Todd's bad beats. What happened?
Speaker 3: Todd sure.
Speaker 4: Did? Honest Liberty money line.
Speaker 3: No, just stupidity, No, thankfully, not that. Just stupidity, not bad beats, you know. So I'm not going to I'm not gonna I'm not going to be a pity party. When you're dumb, you deserve to lose.
Speaker 1: That very recognizable voice is the the Bear Chris Filica from Fox Sports, the host of the Bear Bets Podcast, Empire, Rita's pro football and college football podcast with Will Hill by the Way and Sammy p and Jeff Schwartz and others. Of course, is part of Big Noon Saturdays on Fox College Football Saturdays. Chris Faalik everybody at Chris Faleige on Twitter. What's happening man?
Speaker 4: Hello? Hello, Yes, sorry for spoiling the suspense and surprise by interjecting my my voice. Yeah, I've already heard enough of Will this morning because we just got done recording the NFL pod ourselves in New York. So so Will and I are well versed. We probably bring me too acquainted with what we're going to just say regarding the NFL a way during this week, but we'll be all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just say that Chris FeliCa has never sounded better, never looked crystal clearer. Is that a what would you call that laguardier or what is that a pot of something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at the Deltas Guy Club at LaGuardia, and I was looking for a spot where I could just have a little bit of privacy, and they they put in these. It's like a phone booth type soundproof room where it's great, close the door, nobody can hear you. Got a little stand here, got my uh, got my half and half iced tea lemonade here, had a couple of pieces of cheese to snack on because the line was too long. But we're up where we're LaGuardia getting set to go to a Columbus for big noon this week for that big one between Ohio State and Nebraska. Should be a scintillating football game on Saturday. But please watch our show.
Speaker 2: Is the Delta Sky Club different than the Mile High Club?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes yes you would. Any actions down here at ground level would not categorize in the Mile High Club. That could be a new club like the Delta Sky Club Club. And I like that. I mean they have like these like bigger like they have like shower squeeks and stuff. I'm taking the podcast in a far far different direction than it probably needs to go. Possibilities for the possibilities for that exists here.
Speaker 1: Will Have you seen the the era it was the Emirates Airlines commercials with Penelope Cruise where she basically is like followed me into the shower in these Emirate Airlines those are phenomenal you see?
Speaker 4: Is that is that the rule with Emirates now, like if you fly Emirates is Penelope crew is gonna sit next to you because if that's the case, the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: And you take showers with her. That was what I got out of.
Speaker 3: By the way, Chris, I have a question. I have a question for you and the rest of these people here on this podcast, on this yere podcast. I've seen past interference called and then I've seen little hubbub with the refs. They get together, they talk it over. We're picking up the flag. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. We're picking up the flag because blah blah blah. Okay, fine, have you ever seen past interference called? They throw the flag, they announce it pass interference defense first down, and then they have a meeting and then they pick it up. It happened in the Texas Georgia game. I believe you're you're somewhat of a college football guy. Have you ever seen that before?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Never, never, ever, ever have I seen that? And it almost gave the like the impression the way they delayed it, like they I think they even marked it off like first down, spot it and then they the fans went crazy. That was the issue. Like it almost gave the impression because like the fan response elicited the reversal of the call. Now, ultimately, did they get the call right? Was it pass interference? No, but you can't make the call like that first down interception reversed George, But like shit comes flying from the stands and next thing, you know, eight eight minutes later or whatever it was. Yeah, yeah, after consultation, after a conversation, Yeah, there was no PI like that. That was completely ridiculous. And thank god that it ultimately did not affect the outcome of the game, because, like I said, even though they got the call right, the way they went about doing it was good. God. Officiating has been a major issue in college football this year.
Speaker 3: How about you guys? Have you guys ever seen that before? Never?
Speaker 1: Never, No, it feeds into the hole. It feeds into the hole. Oh this thing is rigged, crowd, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's rigged. I think it's more like Chris said, they got intimidated by the crowd because the crowd was throwing bottles on the field.
Speaker 1: And I agree with you.
Speaker 3: But of course, of course it feeds into it. And and you know, the well whatever, the w W E ification of everything has been, you know, getting a little ridiculous.
Speaker 4: But whatever, don't talk about wolf Lakers like that.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's what I've I mean, I have nothing against Lebron. Some people hate Lebron. I have nothing against Lebron. I'm not positive or negative against them. But this is a charade. I mean, this is a charade. The guy averaged five points at the USC. I mean, come on, what happens.
Speaker 1: Does he get sent does he get sent down to the G League now at some point or what? It's coming?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I would imagine I would, I would think so, but who knows.
Speaker 1: By the way they say, you know, Lebron, this was Lebron's dream? Was this Bronni's dream? Did you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah? To be like like the punch line of this like, yeah, exactly, you can go with the w NBA with the rigging as well. Well. The Lengths weren't happy. It's funny the Lengths were all upset after game five there. But you didn't hear anything about the ridiculous home cooking call at the end of game four which gave the Legs the win to get at the game five. Didn't hear any of that.
Speaker 1: Somebody had the liberty if someone needed the liberty bad you have the liberty tied in cross sport parlays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the third leg of my crossboards. It started with Xander to win the British Open. Uh had the liberty and the ass two pieces there. I see Aaron Judge al MVP, which at the time I bet this back in June or July when I was out in LA for the soccer it was still like respectable. It was only like minus three ten And then I got had the Aces and liberty, and now I have Georgia and Ohio State to win college football championship, and I have Chiefs, Eagles, Ravens, Niners, Texans, Bills. So I'm two by six in football here to uh finish them.
Speaker 3: But about the Lions, I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, all these past post fines, yeah, past post fines.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also he has forty wins Lions a.
Speaker 4: Lot lately because they worry me. I think I think we're gonna get Lions versus someone probably chiefs the Ravens in the Super Bowl. So I don't need to be sitting there sweating a mid five figure, low six figure swing on the fact that I did not include the Lions and any of these. But hey, you can only include so many before it gets a little bit too ridiculous to to do these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're in good You're in a good position, that's for sure, Todd, Thank you. It was not a good position, was our records from last.
Speaker 3: Week, as on all our teasers last week, so we're coming back in Teaserville. My good friends Gil and Will unfortunately went against a guy named Patrick Mahomes as an underdog last week and that didn't go very well. Most of them went one two Unfortunately. Gilly moves to ten, ten and one, Willy moves to six and fifteen. I would suggest he's probably going to hurt back to even so stop fading, Willy, because sooner or later the Titans will cover. And I was one and two with Miami Seattle on the ravens under. I really felt I got the bad side of that Miami game if they hadn't fumbled at the ten yard line. But anyways, I'm twelve and nine on the guest though, mister Chris las Vegas went three and oh when our Dumbo of the week, which we don't even have to discuss years one of las Vegas Chris's pick was Raiders plus seven and he went three and oh to go to twelve, eight and one and four and three on the teasers, and of course we can do this very quickly. It's fourth.
Speaker 1: Well, no, we can't hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. I don't think we can because Will, I believe Will has a point counterpoint on this.
Speaker 3: But do your shit, okay, I mean the basic is very clear. You're watching this game. The Raiders cannot move the ball one iota. The pass rushes all over Minshew. His name is Minshew, anyway, so even if he was had plenty of time, it's going to be hard. Anyways. Meanwhile, they finally get miracle and it's twenty to twelve. They drive down first and goal at the four after a reverse that takes him down to the four. As the guy's running, I'm thinking, oh my god, if he doesn't get it in here, we're not going to get it in because I had an in game Raiders plus four which went down. But anyways, it's now first and goal at the flour.
Speaker 1: Just be a little more clear, because somebody is not going to understand what you're saying. The Raiders are trailing.
Speaker 3: Raiders are trailing twenty twenty to twelve, first in goal at the four yard line, roughly four minutes to go. First down, they throw the ball incomplete. Second down, they throw the ball incomplete. Third down, they throw the ball incomplete. And now it's fourth down and four, in which at that point they decide a good plan would be to get a false start. So now they moved back to fourth and nine. Fourth and nine at the nine. Remember they're losing twenty to twelve. And I want to give you the exact time, because I've heard some people get the time wrong.
Speaker 1: I can get it to you right now. I give it to you right now, and worth and at the rams nine with two. Well know the play begins with two fifty to go down eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, then then that was the false start shows that, but two forty six even so two fifty five two fifty to go.
Speaker 1: Six is after he kicks the fields, so two fifty sorry, fifty fifty yeah, so go.
Speaker 3: Twenty to twelve. It's fourth and thirty, fourth and four. He would have gone, correct, of course, Yes, it looked it sure looked like he was going, because they fall started unless they were trying to draw him off sides to get half the distance to the goal and fourth and goal from the two, which I don't think they were going to do. So it's now fourth and nine and it's still twenty to twelve, and there's still only two fifty left, and the Raiders can't move the ball anyways. Now, granted they had their timeouts left, they could theoretically stop them if they made a field goal and stop them, but remember if they stop them, they're going to be all the way back on their side of the field with no timeouts, with a team that really can't block. For Minshew to even throw a pass practically except in the last drive. I mean, it's insane basically, because you're not going to get the ball back with much time left. I think that it was about one let's see it was one thirty nine when he got the ball back with no timeouts at his own eleven yard line.
Speaker 1: After one first pout RAM they traded fourth and goal at the RAMS nine with two fifty to go down eight for or down five at their own eleven with one thirty nine left and no timeout. First scenario, they had all three of their timeouts. By the way, it should be noted that there is no guarantee that the three timeout thing would have worked either, right, so they actually it actually went according to plan. They were able to get the ball back. There was no guarantee that they'd be able to get the ball back with the three timeouts, but they were able to get it back. But that's still the trade they made. So even in the best case scenario is what I'm saying, they ended up with it down five all the way back having to go eighty nine yards. Now, the interesting thing about it, so you're saying Antonio Pierce, you haven't even said his name. You refuse to even utter his name. Antonio Pierce is the Dumbo of the week. But will will Hill he's on this podcast too. Will Hill, correctly, according to some fourth down bots, by the way, said that he thought that what the Vikings did was really bad, and according to the fourth down bots from this pastlast week, what the Vikings did was actually yes, what they did was actually worse. Will could you explain?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, you were talking to another game ookuick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the Vikings are up one with the ball uh three and change left, running down first down, running on second down, incomplete on third down, then fourth and four. They're in their own territory, I think, from their own thirty or so yard line, and they punt and they're only up one, and you know, like you're indoors, you're against the good offense. Golf has moved the ball up and down the field all day. You know that one point lead's not going to hold up, and you're punting where Detroit's not. Only if they get in a field goal range, they're probably going to do it in a way where it's going to take up the rest of the time and they're going to kick a field goal with time expires, which pretty much happened. I think there was maybe fifteen seconds left when they kicked the field goal. I thought going for it was the right decision because if you go for it and you get it, you pretty much end the game. I forget the timeout situation for Detroit. I think they had two lefts, so you probably wouldn't needed one more. But if you don't get it, it at least speeds the process up of Detroit scoring where you're going to get the all back with some time. So O'Connell's usually really sharp with this stuff, and the guys doing the game were kind of confused, like, wow, why is Detroit taking all this time? Detroit played it perfectly. I thought Minnesota should have been more aggressive and going for it there.
Speaker 3: You're talking about a fourth and fourth of Minnesota twenty eight. Yes, that would have been like a Bill Belichick. That would have been like that old Bill Belichick play against the Colts. If your remembers fourth and two against Peyton Manning and he went for it at his own twenty eight. It didn't work out. I think threw it to Kevin Faulk in the flat. It didn't go crazy. Everyone went crazy.
Speaker 1: That play that you're referring to, Todd really was because everyone went crazy, right, was really like ground zero for this kind of conversation. Right like before that, no one really talked about it. And when Belichick did that, people did lose their minds, like, how could you possibly even consider doing that kind of thing. I just thought it was interesting because I was with you, Todd. I was like, when I'm watching in the moment the Antonio Pierce thing, like, no one's ever going to beat this for Dumbo of the Week, and then was on I don't know when when you said it will if you said it on on a on a numbers game or when when you said it.
Speaker 2: But the fourth happened, it happened live.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it happened live, I didn't really react to it. But I guess I was on red Zone at the time, so I wasn't really locked in completely. The fact that the four down bots said that that was worse than what Antonio Pierce did I found pretty interesting. I'm like, really, was it because like the.
Speaker 3: Well maybe yeah, maybe maybe, because I mean, because that's a little bit controversial going forward. Fourth and fourth Me personally, I agree with you guys. I agreed with Belichick that day. I agree with with going for it now that I think about it. Uh, because you knew that the Lions weren't not going to get a field goal, So that was pretty obvious. So that, But but to me, I think it's more like, Okay, if you had a regular situation, a regular offense, a regular offense that can move the ball, and you get the ball back with one thirty nine at your own eleven yard line, you're not looking good by any means. But if let's say you had Josh Allen or even Kyler Murray or even like you know, somebody like Geno Smith with all his receivers, if you had something like that, I'm not talking about you know, like Tyler Huntley with Miami or Tennessee's you know quarterback.
Speaker 1: Or the Night or the Night or the ninety one Skins with Barry Bonds, like that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about. I'm not talking about these kind of situations. I'm talking about a situation where, if you watch this game, Minshew could not get even a moment to throw the ball. The only reason they even moved it on that last drive was because the Rams played a little soft, and you know they're not going to play soft at that point, and because the Raiders still had the threat of the run. If the Raiders were just dropping back the past, there was no way they were driving that ball down the field. It was just inconceivable to me. So maybe because people would say, oh, well, in a normal situation, if you have Josh Allen one thirty nine to go, or maybe you have Baltimore's quarterback, you know, or you have the Redskins, they could go one thirty nine time. But this was the Raiders with that amnemic offense. That's what made me so you know, incensed.
Speaker 1: By the way when you reviewed our one and twos, the three of us were all one and two, I felt like you, uh, you did the top thing where you're like, oh, let's go on for a paragraph about how stupid will and Gil were on their one and two. But mine was such a beautiful one and two where I was.
Speaker 3: If I don't give you the business, if I don't give you and Willie the business, people will get upset because you guys need to get from your pedestals of huge talking heads all over the huge networks. Otherwise I would you know, I'm just the common man. I'm the common man, that's all.
Speaker 5: You have a in game, common man, Yes, I just have a quick in game and want to see if you guys notice this as well, the team totals as the game goes by are really super interesting.
Speaker 3: And I'll give you one that I stayed away from in one that was good with the Ravens. The Ravens game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Buccaneers had it two times, had driven down and got a touchdown and a field goal on their first drives. They led ten to nothing. The Ravens in their second drive got a touchdown. It was ten to seven. Now the Buccaneers are driving down again early second quarter and throw the pick in the end zone and it's ten to seven, Ravens losing. At that point. The team total for the Ravens as I'm watching it, because I'm thinking to myself, the Ravens got one touchdown and one punt. There's nothing here that doesn't say that the Ravens are gonna score their points like they usually do, right, And the team total kept dropping because it was taking longer and longer for the Ravens to get the ball, And finally it had dropped to twenty six and a half right as that interception happened, and I thought to myself, Okay, Ravens get the ball. Now they also get the ball to start the third quarter and they're one for two on touchdowns and drives. Why can't they get the twenty six and a half? Of course they can, and they did. It was a very easy one. And the reason it was easy is because in the point that I want to make here with the Browns game, Brown game was the office. The Browns aren't moving the ball as usual. They got one touchdown with dtr The team total kept going down and down and down, and you kept thinking, should I bet under twelve and a half? Should I bet under eleven and a half? Should I bet under? And these numbers keep coming in and in, and I want to do it, but I think to myself, don't do it, because you might get burned at the end. And when as the Brown's got to score, and that's when it went to fourteen and a half, that was the opportunity to do it, and I didn't do it. But I also didn't do the twelve and a half. And then of course Jameis Winston comes down and gets the touchdown and the two to get to fourteen. So I guess the point that I want to make is, if you're interested in these team totals in the end, game. You've got to really watch and anticipate what's going to happen in a four minute drive by the other team. How far down is it going to go? Is it going to go under one of those key numbers like twenty eight or twenty seven that you're going to get And if you can anticipate that ahead of time, you can get yourself that little extra half point, which seems like nothing but is a gigantic difference between winning losing if you're getting twenty six and a half versus twenty eight and a half, because the books have this way of always putting it a little bit higher than you think it's gonna be, you know, the huff Ravens at twenty eight and a half, but then sooner or later they have to capitulate if the time is coming in, and then when they capitulate, that's when you have to jump on it.
Speaker 2: The double dip is always an interesting thing for in games.
Speaker 1: And I just I was thinking about this last week, like what was I was trying to think what was the one what was the team that botched it? It was it was the Jets, right against Pittsburgh Jets.
Speaker 4: They were up talking.
Speaker 2: Hard to believe they were up fifteen to six.
Speaker 1: They had the ball, they had the double dips set up and fun driving Andrew driving, and Aaron Rodgers just goes ahead and throws the beanie Bishop.
Speaker 2: That was a great pick.
Speaker 1: But still you know that that that changed that entire game around, you know absolutely which the Steelers ended up scoring what thirty consecutive points after that or for.
Speaker 2: Thirty thirty one?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 1: All right, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Are we at the oh, Thursday night Football? Thursday night Football? Anybody anybody have a play or a thought?
Speaker 3: I do have?
Speaker 4: I do have?
Speaker 3: I have a play. Oh, I usually don't know.
Speaker 1: I've had I've got to play in Thursday Night football five straight weeks. I do not have one in this This is.
Speaker 3: My first time on Thursday Night Football. I am going to take the under forty eight In the Rams Vikings. I assume the Rams are getting back a bunch of their weapons, and that's why we're seeing all this Rams love. I know Pheesek likes the Rams. I'm going to go under forty eight because I look at all these these Vikings games, and these Viking games are really playing as under games. The only game that didn't really play as an undergame. Was that game this past week against the line thirty one twenty nine than that even the Packer game when they went up twenty eight nothing. The reason it ended thirty one to twenty nine is because they went into the prevent gave up all those backdoor touchdowns. If it had been a regular game, it would not have gone over. If you look at all the rest of the Vikings games, they play like regular defensive team under type games. To me, the Rams don't have enough offense to really turn this into a high scoring football game with the Rams with the Vikings, and I think the Vikings will turn this into a typical Vikings style game where they grind you and play good solid defense and Darnold does enough and they win, like you know, twenty four to fourteen or twenty seven to fourteen. I just don't see him giving up a ton of points to the Rams.
Speaker 1: I will give you one little detail that might corroborate your play. Kyron Williams runs inside the tackles at the fifth highest rate in the league. This is courtesy of Sean Kerner at the Action Network. The Vikings have been elite at defending outside runs, but are closer to the league average on the inside runs. So with the Vikings linebacker Blake Cashman out, probably again, Sean McVay may try to exploit the Vikings run defense by attacking them inside with Kyron a lot so. By the way, Blake Cashman is a pretty interesting thing when he's on the field. The Vikings average or opposing team's average four yards per carry against the Vikings without him, the average five point eight yards per carry. So could be a run heavy Rams approach. Just to sort of buttress you're under regular. You say regular, he's even regular, Todd regular regular? Okay, all right, nobody else there's in that football anybody? No a lot of love for the Rams. There's two and a half sew. It's a tough spot for Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why are not a tough spots? Tell us more about that, Willie.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think that was kind of an all in game plan for for first place and really a chance to really like put their stamp on the division last week against Detroit. You lose it in the final seconds, then you gotta fly to LA And like Minnesota has been underdogs in a lot of these games. I know the Jets and the in the game last week are kind of coin foot games, but now you're laying three on the road, kind of go from being the hunter to being the hunted to travel. I just I don't know, and this is a good coaching staff for LA on a short week. I just think it's a tough spot.
Speaker 1: Sam Darnold twenty eighth in EPA per drop back against pressure, fifth from a clean pocket when the when it's four rushers are less. The Rams defense fifth in pressure rate this season, so that's not good for Darnald. And Darnald has taken a sack on twenty five percent of his pressures this season, so that's pretty interesting. And then he's more efficient against man coverage by like three yards per attempt than he is against zone, and the Rams play zone seventy six percent of the time sixth highs.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of more under stuff for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of RAM stuff and then some understuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what was Stafford's yardage trouble on what two thirty seven and a half or something like that tonight? That might be another way to maybe look at that. If the Kira and Williams stuff does manifest as well, and you're looking at a way to keep that Vikings offense off the field, and we're looking at anyway what is it now? Is uh two forty two and a half? Is actually uh Stafford something I know, I know we're not talking player props in any ropicks, but uh, that might be another way to attack it.
Speaker 1: A little underplay for.
Speaker 4: You on man maybe, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: As Stafford is rumored to be in trade, He's.
Speaker 4: Gonna get your buddy back. He's going to get your buddy Cooper Cup back.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get his He's going to get his boyfriend Cooper Cup back. Oh yeah, Matt Stafford. And uh will loves it when I go off with it. Matt Stafford, Cooper Cup, Sean McVay, they all live in the same cul de sac, a cool de sac that Pukakua does not live in, and so they all conspire to like, you know, just go to Cooper Cup all day long when the was on. By the way, Cooper Cup, by the way, Nikoua is questionable. Nikupa is like coming back at some point, very excited. Maybe I can win Rookie of the Year from last year.
Speaker 4: Bad news we all associated ad has scored. It's one nil. We all associated have overmakab be a tel Aviv rash schlomo when not conna be a tel Aviv defense have a have a lot of goal.
Speaker 1: Thanks for keeping us up dated. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: By the way, did you guys see the Cooper Cup high school game in the championship State championship Cooper Cup against Zach Lavigne in high school and Cooper. I think it was.
Speaker 2: A quarterfinal game, he said, But yeah, I did see the clip of Cooper Cup talking about it was no.
Speaker 3: Did you see the actual did you see the clip where they actually have him playing.
Speaker 2: Maybe actually staff for talking to Cup. That's all I saw.
Speaker 3: This was this was the actually on Twitter they had an actual clip of like highlights of the game of Cooper Cup making jumpers and stuff like that. It was kind of interesting. I have to send it to you guys.
Speaker 1: He's playing against Zach Lavine of the Bulls.
Speaker 3: No zachly in high school. Yeah, zach Lavine, and he's guarding zach Lavine and zach Lavine is way bigger than him and everything. But but when Cooper comes team one by a lot.
Speaker 1: Nice segue from uh from MacCabe tel Aviv to Zach Levine, by the way, well done. I was like, what is he doing it?
Speaker 2: All right? Best bets time, right?
Speaker 1: Best bets with Christopher FeliCa starting first. Chris uh, Chris is to MC minimum tweets man, all right, Chris, you got the first best bet?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: What is that.
Speaker 4: I have to do? Yeah, I'm gonna take I'm gonna do. This is a brutal week, Like I had a hard time coming up with a bunch, But I think the best of the worst is probably Bengals minus two and a half against the Eagles. I don't the Eagles beat the Giants last week, but I think the Giants stink. You were looking at a Giant's offensive line that couldn't block, so clearly the Giants were not going to offer any threat to score. So I think people might be reading a little bit too much into that Eagles performance last week. Jalen Hurt still was not great in that game. I know he's got his wide receivers back. But the Bengals are getting a little bit healthier now. I know they weren't actually great in the game against Cleveland. They had that the kickoff turn for touchdown early on, so it wasn't like their offense was going crazy. But I think here at home, and I know the Bengals have been terrible at home, but I think the best unit on the field is that Bengals offense. And I'm an idiot for still believing in this Bengals. I bet them earlier in the week. I think plus one point fifteen to make the playoffs, because I think if you look at the rest of that AFC, with the Dolphins stinking and the Jets stinking, and you look at it like the Broncos and the Chargers right now kind of in playoff position, I still think there is a little bit of runway here for this Bengals team against UH in Eagle squad that I think is very overrated. I don't like their uh they're their head coach. I think their party coach. And was a nice emotional moment that he had with Saquon Balkerley and that in that video about it want to lead in and get the record, and Squan was like, nah, let the other guys eat, which I think was really cool. But here I think the Bengals will uh, well, well we'll cover with the jew and alfatop against Eagles you.
Speaker 1: Know, if you throw that, if you if you throw out the first game of the season, which the Bengals always are terrible. In the first game of the season, right, they lost to New England. They're three and three sins And you can say, oh, they only won at Carolina, at the Giants and at Cleveland are hardly a murderer's row. But you can also look at the other way, which is well, their three losses are at Kansas City by a point, against Washington I five that aged well, and versus Baltimore by free, so they still might be right.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so saying they led by ten in the fourth, that's right, that's right, Todd, what we're saying.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I was.
Speaker 3: Just gonna see have you ever could you ever imagine Bill Belichick or Parcels or Chump Noll sitting next to a guy and saying, hey, you're you've almost got the record, do you want to go back in? I mean, I know this is the way we now have a new world where the players are kind of the stars and the coaches are not as important. But it just to me there was something very weird about that. It's like you don't have enough to worry about the third down package and the special teams and what are you talking about? The offensive coordinator and you're talking, I know you're ahead by a lot. You're talking about the records with your I mean, it was a nice gesture, don't get me wrong. Just it just seems so out of sorts of what a great coach would ever do.
Speaker 4: But maybe I.
Speaker 2: So agree with you, Todd, I so agree with it.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like thevoalt of you know, modern day parenting, where you say to your kid, Hey, buddy, uh, you know, it's okay, you can.
Speaker 2: Go on the swing. Do you not want to go on this?
Speaker 3: You don't want to go on this?
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Go on the swing, you know, whereas our parents would have would have been like, you know, my goddamn swing.
Speaker 4: Out, damn it enough for the damn video games.
Speaker 1: Video games, go outside. Goddam No, that's true. It's such a good point. He's such a he's such a you know, he's not calling the plays right, he's not calling defense or offense or anything. He's the CEO. He's a Tomlin type, but he doesn't have the pedigree of Tom.
Speaker 3: But he has time to, but he has time to like worry that. Yeahlin would never do that, right, I mean there was nobody. I don't think you could think of any coach in the pantassy on if that's a word or the what's the word I'm looking for in the in the in the pantheon, not the pantasia, the pantheon of NFL coaches. I can't imagine a single one of them doing that. Tom Landry is not going up to Drew Pearson and saying, hey, do you want to go in for a couple more of your hearts?
Speaker 1: Your your love of Jackie Joyner Kersey really uh really shined through there.
Speaker 3: With your loved Anyway, it's Will's turn, is it?
Speaker 2: Willstern?
Speaker 1: I thought was your turn after after the game.
Speaker 3: I already picked my pick rams under forty eight.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Willster? Is your podcast? Thank god your hair? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Well, I have to keep things, you know, going.
Speaker 2: Denver, Carolina, what do we have for a total? Forty forty one and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing, right, Caroline, I'm seeing forty two and a half.
Speaker 4: One spot forty one and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say forty two is.
Speaker 3: The Okay, give them forty two, forty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go under Bryce Young starting for Carolina. I just don't think they'll be able to score. And I think Denver comes into this game saying there's only one way we could possibly lose that, and that is that we just give the game away with turnover. So they'll be conservative. It'll be similar to the game last week against the Saints, where hey, let's just run it, let's run it, and let's run it some more. That game got over the total late with some late game wonkiness. But I see a similar type of game where Denver just come out and smothers them and wins the game, you know, twenty three to six, twenty six to ten, something like that. I'm gonna go under forty one and a half Carolina Denver, under forty two, Carolina.
Speaker 1: Denver, under forty two, Carolina Denver. I am going to go with. There was a few really weird lines to me when I did guessing lines on Monday. The weirdest to me was the fact Seattle Seahawks are getting a full three at home against the Buffalo Billiards. There's not much of this handicap other than I thought that Seattle, and I was giving Buffalo respect difference between Seattle being a three point favorite and being a pick ups. I said, Seattle minus one and a half. If you had told me Buffalo minus one and a half, I'd been like, oh, okay, wrong team favorite. But Buffalo minus three on the road. So if Buffalo is hosting Seattle, are you telling me that that's a nine point spread or eight and a half whatever you want to make home field or eight. I just don't see that. And I have, like Josh Allen can put on his cape and he can prove me wrong. But I'm not really sure what the justification is for full three points. So it's very simple. I'm taking Seattle plus. Did you do you all think that I have?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't. I don't view that as a massive thing.
Speaker 4: Fun.
Speaker 3: What did Chris say, because it got blurry there on my technology, I.
Speaker 4: Said, could it be a little could do the medcalf injury potentially have something to do with it being maybe three instead of two or something like that.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, and what I said was it doesn't really like, you know, is that enough to make it three points?
Speaker 2: Say that to his face? I dare you.
Speaker 1: I'm still I'm still working up the courage to say things to Tonio Pierce's face.
Speaker 2: But I will tell you this.
Speaker 1: I heard word downstairs from the valet. Antonio Pierce might have moved down.
Speaker 4: Move wow, get ahead of the game. So I shouldn't betting Abou one hundred and fifty to be NFL Coach of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not, probably not? Do I do a snake? Is it my turn again?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But before you before you go again? WILLI would you? Would you rather take Carolina fifteen and a half team total under or under forty two?
Speaker 4: Like you to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because how are they going to get the fifteen and a half? That's crazy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry Gilly, Sorry, I h I uh my my picks in my second pick, right, is going to be the ready for this? I am. I'm acting like it's something like amazing. And then I'm about to say I'm going to take the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: It's four four.
Speaker 1: Hosting the Cowboys. Yeah, four four. I'm listen. The injuries are what are absolutely you know there's no Brandon Ayuk anymore for the season. Christian McCaffrey's not yet there. Dray green Law is not yet there. Debo will be fine. He was he had pneumonia. I think he'll be okay. But brock Perty looked terrible last week against the Chiefs. But the Chiefs are this really good defense that and they have Patrick Mahomes, I don't know if you've heard about that, and that guy's like a hack for the whole league. And so you know, the Niners had their chances, they couldn't take advantage. They end up losing by ten, which was kind of cosmetic because the Niners got a garbage touchdown. But I just don't see how the Dallas Cowboys at on the road at San Francisco are only a four point dog. I don't know what there is in the reputation or any what the Cowboys have done on the field at all that makes them that, you know that this tightly lined of a game. I just think the Niners, even with those injuries, are a better football team. The Cowboys still have the same problems they always have. They cannot run the foot to begin with, it is not even a part of the game, so they're completely one dimensional on offense. A Niners defense that is down this year as opposed to last year. That will help them Whenever an opposing offense is one dimensional, that makes it that much easier.
Speaker 2: I don't think four is enough.
Speaker 1: I'll take the Niners minus four.
Speaker 3: It's funny Chris said to us on the text that the Niners down to eight and a half wins, and let's be fair, they're not really a three and four team. They're a five and two team. They gave away the game against the Rams, they gave away the game against the Cardinals. They're not really three and four. They should be five and two. And Chris was saying, Hey, the Niners down to eight and a half, and I'm not sure whether he thought that was I guess his point being, Hey, we got to go over this. But I looked at the schedule. It's pretty brutal. What did you think about, Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was more that you look at from where their win total was before the year and the fact that they should be five and two, and it's like, wow, there was a there's a real adjustment here and a real concern about these injuries coupled with the schedule, Like it almost felt like it was almost like a dare you to go eight and a half kind kind of deal. Well, there's no way the Niners are going to have a losing season fintac eight and nine. For sure, They'll finish at least nine and eight. So yeah, I'd want no part of playing that, being that we already have under eleven and a half from from preseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go through the Niner schedule, you do the whole win loss win loss thing.
Speaker 2: From that from now forward.
Speaker 1: If they go nine and eight, it's like a pretty big feat. It looks like right now and they will.
Speaker 4: Nine and eight. Do you think that? You think if they know the division?
Speaker 1: Oh, they might, they might. I think that division is going to be a That division is not going to have more than a ten win team. I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: Not impossible the division winner gets eight nine there.
Speaker 1: But if they are to go nine and eight, they have to win this game against now, like, you have to win this that's part of the win column to go nine in it.
Speaker 3: You want to hear the schedule real quick.
Speaker 1: I have it right in front of me, please, So now, what's the record right now?
Speaker 3: There're three and four. Currently, they're playing home against the Cowboys this week. You could probably give them a win there, four and four Niners at Buccaneers next week, which looks easier now that there's no Evans and everything. Then Seahawks. They're playing Seahawks. They're playing at home, which is not just a gimme game. Then they play at the Packers. You gotta think they might be a dog there. They're playing at the Bills, they might be a dog there. Then they're playing the Bears at home. They should be able to beat the Rams at home. They should be able to win that. At the Dolphins if two is back, maybe that's not a gimme. And then their last two Lions at home, that's gonna be tough. And then at the Cardinals, which is not just easy. So I don't see you know, do you see six wins in there? Just so easy there.
Speaker 1: You make a great point about that Tampa game, because that Tampa game getting easier makes ten wins that much more possible than nine. So like that, that's a big deal that that happened. Because, by the way, we didn't talk about and I had to talk with this with Kelly on on the radio side on this, I really did think he thought I was being a little too exaggerated. But like the Bucks. I know that they kept they kept things kept happening, including an onside kick recovery that kept them in that game Monday night against the raven But it's like, realistically they couldn't win it, right, you know, they had a shot, but it was realistically they weren't going to win it. But as long as they kept having that that glimmer of hope, they kept playing football. And they already had the hamstring with Evans getting reaggravated earlier, and then they lose God Will with a dislocated ankle for for the rest of the year. That's brutal, Man, That like that might have killed your whole season brutal. And so in an implication of that, could be like a team like the Niners. That's the difference between them winning a division and not maybe maybe doing it with all your wins and losses that you just mentioned, don Is that to me? That's that sounded more ten and seven than it did nine and eight, whereas if the Bucks did have those receivers, that sounded more nine and eight. Anyway, you know, you'll win something that you're not supposed to and you'll lose something that you're not supposed to anyway, that's my number two. It's a niner.
Speaker 3: It's Willy's turns.
Speaker 2: Willie Cleveland Browns plus eight and a half to me, at some point some of these roads, these home.
Speaker 3: Give them the nine that that's the fair number is nine out there. I think.
Speaker 1: It's nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you deserve the nine, Willie, because if you're going to do it, at least get your money's worth.
Speaker 2: So go ahead. At some point some of these home dogs are going to come through again. These last couple of weeks, it's been nothing but road chalk, and to me, it's simple. It's just about Watson. It's about the fact that he has to throw it for two hundred yards all season. You're playing with a non NFL quarterback at quarterback. He's been that bad, and Winston's going to come in and he's a quarterback with a pulse. He's going to reinvigorate everybody. This is a division game and maybe a little bit of a flat spot here for Baltimore because you know, Washington's kind of a mini rival game. Then they're playing on Monday night. Now you're on a short week, even dating back a couple of weeks ago, they're playing the Bengals. They're playing the Bills. This is maybe a little bit of a flat spot. I just think the upgrade from Winston to Watson is not that I'm some huge Watson, some huge Winston fan, but I just think the fact you have a professional NFL quarterback in there after what Watson's given you, after what DTR has given you. I don't know what that was last week playing DTR over Winton. That was very strange. You spent a strange situation just in general. But I will take the home dog here Cleveland plus to nine.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you were tagged on this, Todd, but when the Titans went up ten to nothing last week against the Bills, I got a tweet and I was like, oh, you and Todd are gonna will such an apology.
Speaker 2: With let's let this play let this play out.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I was an idiot too, because I played team total over seventeen and a half at that point with Tennessee. As they were moving the ball on them, I was like, you can't get seven and a half more points. Boy. They just reverted back to their Titan their tightening Titans action.
Speaker 1: After that, that was another game, though, we talked about, like, you know, the Jets were up fifteen to six, they had a double dip opportunity, and then Rogers throws the pick and the whole game changes. Remember the Titans, I want to say we're up by a field goal. Don't hold me to that at the beginning of the second half.
Speaker 2: I think we were.
Speaker 1: But at the beginning of the second half it was.
Speaker 2: The very first time they had the ball.
Speaker 1: They go for it on fourth down in their own territory and they don't get it, and it was like the floodgates just open. So there's little moments in these games where you just really do wonder. It's like, well, why did they feel the need to do that? You're up three early third quarter? What are you Why are.
Speaker 2: You going for it?
Speaker 3: Wasn't like it was fourth and one on your own side, on your own.
Speaker 1: Right with Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would have rather had Duck Hodges actually, but anyways, yeah, I have I have the Seattle plus three circle does one of my three picks, but you took it, So I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, man, you don't have to do I.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know. I'd like to I want. Okay, I'm gonna go with Houston. What do you have as minus five? Is that what they are now?
Speaker 1: Minus five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Houston minus five. I think Houston was very lucky to be in that game last week, and it was really more like they were, you know, they didn't play their best. I feel like they got to come out against the Colts and really rejigger this thing. But the thing that most made me want Houston is the first game of the year. I believe they played twenty nine to twenty seven, and I believe Indianapolis got a bunch of scores on bomb passes, you know, like long Anthony Richardson passes, and it was really not indicative of being a two point game had any of those passes not been completed. So I just think Houston is a lot better than the Colts. I don't believe the Colts should have won last week. In fact, the Dolphins had the ball inside the fifteen yard line with the tie score and then they lost their quarterback and everything. But Miami was kind of dominating that game in the first half of that game. I was not impressed with Richardson coming back and playing on offense, and I just feel like Houston is going to have to give a nice performance after last week's really bad performance. They were in the game because of the turnovers, but I just didn't like how they played. I feel like they're going to make a comeback performance here at home. And five is not that many points. I'll take Houston minus the five. I just think they are a different class of football team than the Colts.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, can I just I just want to like, there's thirty two teams in the NFL. I just want to name eight of a quarter of the league. New England one and six, Las Vegas two and five, Cleveland one and six, Tennessee one and five. Hold on, I'm getting to a point here. The Giants are two and five, Carolina's one and six. New Orleans without their starting quarterback is two and five. And then I didn't even mention, you know, a team like Jacksonville. Jets like Jacksonville at two and five. Right, So that's eight. That's a quarter of the league.
Speaker 4: He as everybuddy SVP says, Gilly's Pooptown.
Speaker 2: It's poop town, is exactly right.
Speaker 1: I say it's the poo poo platter it's just maybe we've had years where like this, many teams suck that bad. But I'm not sure because I didn't even mention, right, we didn't mention the Tennessees and the Indianapolis of the world. Right, No, I did mention Tennessee, but I didn't mention like the Indianapolises of the world who are four and three, or the Miamis and the Jets who are two and four and two and five. And I'm just sort of giving them.
Speaker 2: A pass at this point.
Speaker 1: But they kind of sucked too, because we were doing our power rankings and it's like, you can get to fifteen and then somewhere right there in the middle, it just drops off a Clifton.
Speaker 2: We it's the same sort of thing. And like Brady Breeze, uh, you know, Manning Rivers. You can throw Matt Ryan. These guys retired and nobody really stepped up and replaced him, Big Ben, and there's just not enough good quarterbacks to go around. We don't have a quarterback. It's just you have nothing.
Speaker 1: For many years, Russell Wilson was the one bridge from that generation to the next one. All right, in my way, let me just say this also in a span of one game, I went from what is Mike Tomlin doing starting this guy?
Speaker 2: He's terrible?
Speaker 1: What is he doing giving the game to the Jets, And then like three quarters later, I'm like, fucking genius. It's amazing. Like they have a deep ball. He throws it whereas fields won't even try to throw it. I hate you, Mike Tomlin. You make me look dumb. Is it my turn?
Speaker 2: Third?
Speaker 3: No, it's mister Chris Flis.
Speaker 2: Turn Christopher Felika.
Speaker 1: You have two.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna need Todd's help here with the first one, Okay, I mean golf. Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins number one.
Speaker 3: Three, panted Dolphins, pre pants Dolphins, go, pre pants Dolphins runner one.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you for the help there. Yeah, I'm gonna lay the three and a half with with Miami because to pick up on what I think it was Todd talking about that Colt Dolphins game that was complete the Dolphins. They lost that game because of the ridiculousness of their awful quarterback play. And regardless of what you think about too of you actually have a professional, legitimate starting quarterback back under center this week at home. Hopefully he will stay healthy. I think the reaction of his team, how you've seen them welcome him back and break they really want to see him succeed three and a half at home against an Arizona team. That Look, they got the win against the Chargers the other night, but in the text that you even said it, Gil, like that was perfect, justin Herbert Chargers with the stat line like that, not being able to score a touchdown. Cardinals scored seventeen week before they got blown out, score thirteen points against the Backers, beat the came back from thirteen down and the fourth to beat the kickerless Niners. Score fourteen against the Commodes the week before, thirteen against the Lions the week before. Like their offense is kind of getting figured out a little bit. So I think the Dolphins get right here at home, and I think they welcome to a back with the win. I think the offense looks a heck of a lot difference this week this week than it has with the Tim Boyle and hot Rod Huntley there.
Speaker 1: It is amazing, Like you know, you're talking about upgrade to jamis, upgrade to two U is like you know on steroids version of that. Right, We appreciate these guys we didn't appreciate before. Quarterback play is just so got off one, yep, you get another one.
Speaker 4: Is yeah, I'm I'm gonna take the Bucks plus two and a half just because I can't lay points with the Falcons on the road. And I know, God winning Evans are out, but I think with with Bucky Irving in the backs that they have and utilizing hot and and some of the Titans, I still think they'll be able to figure out a way to move the ball. Like Baker's gonna throw regardless, and at some point he's gonna turn the ball over. At some point he's gonna make some great throws. The way how poorly their defense played against Derrick Henry and Lamar the other day, but again you're talking about an A list running back, Offensive Player of the Year and Derrick Henry raining MVP in the mix for MVP again with the quarterback who can move, Kirk Cousins cannot move, and I think Bijean and Algier a little bit different of a back than Derrick Henry. Bucks getting two and a half at home here just because I can't I can't buy the Falcons. I can't lay points with the Falcons at home and there might be a little bit of an over reaction here just because of the wide receivers being out for Tampa.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is the Bay just beat them theoretically the game before that. I know, Atlanta won the game in overtime, but like to be fair, Atlanta deserved to lose that game, you know. And and by the way, Atlanta probably deserved to lose the New Orleans game too, And they may have lost the Philadelphia Eagle game too had they not gotten the miracle at the end of that one. I could totally see the Falcons being a two and five or three and fourteen easily. I don't know if you guys agree with that.
Speaker 1: But by the way, this is this is a massive game, right because of what you just said, Todd, that Atlanta Tampa Bay game. Atlanta had no business winning that. Both of those teams are four and three at the top of the NFC South, And so if Tampa Bay loses it, they're in effect because of they'd be swept. They didn't effect me two games behind Atlanta, right because Atlanta would win the head This is a massive game for the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Really, No, it's my turn my turn, Todd wishnev.
Speaker 3: I mean I was gonna be I have my so funny because you guys have Seattle pus three and then he is Miami minus. That was my other pick was Miami minus three, and I could duplicate and go with Miami minus three as well. However, the next one on my list I think was I'm gonna do something you're never supposed to do in the old days. In the old days, they said, never do this, never lay ten points in a National League game.
Speaker 1: I think we're going today.
Speaker 3: They used to say that, these to say, don't lay ten points in a National Football League game. Now, the question that I have for you is Lions Titans a National Football League game? Is it? Because I see one National Football and I see another team that could play maybe play in the SEC. That's being the Tennessee Titans. I don't think the Titans have a quarterback. Mason Rudolph is not the answer. Okay, whoever else they have over there. It's a joke. Will Levis whatever. Detroit Lions my eleven and a half. I you know, I know that I'm probably doing something wrong here because the Lions just blew out the Cowboys they just had the huge win against the Vikings. It's a perfect spot for the Lions to be to be flat here and not give their best effort and win like twenty seven to seventeen or some nonsense like that. But that being said, this is a bet against the Tennessee Titans. I just don't see how they're going to score the football with Mason Rudolph. Did you watch the Miami game on that Monday night football game? It was it was I mean, it's like pulling teeth. He goes back to pass, he throws a six yard pass to the tight end, and if it's complete, you're like, oh my god, they did it second and four. All right, let's do it, you know. I mean, it's just not It doesn't look like NFL football to me and the Lions. How do you stop this team? They just line up and they do. Dan Campbell look, look, Dan Campbell said one thing, We're gonna bring you endless wings.
Speaker 4: Here at Theme.
Speaker 3: I know I've done this routine a couple of Well, let's be honest, I'm bringing you some wings. And then after the wings, I'm gonna bring you some more wings. And guess what they're gonna get after that some more Jamar Gibbs and the other guy who's injured. Anyways, the point is we're gonna just beat the hot That's what we do here Lions football. We don't get we're gonna do. We're gonna run hooking ladders to our right tackle when we're up by thirty.
Speaker 4: We don't care. By the way, I had I had some great wings last night. Will Will Will knows where I got my wings from.
Speaker 2: Last night in Cannady. Oh yeah, I saw was jealous.
Speaker 4: He's in plain Book, Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Where where'd you get them? J? J?
Speaker 4: Jay Timothy's in Plainville, Connecticut. They got these honey gold barbecue wings. And if you get them dirt style, that means they they're they're sauced, they're deep, they're fried, and then they're sauced again and there they are outstanding. And then.
Speaker 3: Time, Chris, do you throw a game wing? Do you throw a game wing to one of the waitresses who brings you the win? Because Dan Campbell throws the game ball. I don't know if you guys have been watching this. After game Dan Campbell's speeches are so good to say, I want to give the game ball to this guy and He's like throwing the ball around stuff and at the wings. He should do the same thing. You know, I want to give this to Tiffany here.
Speaker 4: Should have thrown on Kali. Yeah, here's here's the game wing for you. Mout thanks for picking them up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she'll love that having a wing tossed at it. Willie, I am so fucking tempted to take the Titans again, but I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna I can't. I need, I need a break from the Titans. Oh God, you're a jilted lover. I'm just gonna take away. So you know this is the week they cover. I'll go under forty seven Bill Seahawks. Some uh, some rain, some wind in the forecast, maybe no metcalf you know m McDonald and McDermott or defensive coaches. McDermott can be very conservative, so to me, this is like a twenty three to twenty type of game. That's a high total. These high totals of not be getting home in the NFL, so forty seven is a pretty high one. I will go under forty seven. What was your first pick?
Speaker 3: Will on the show earlierly for Carolina.
Speaker 1: Ah because I knew Bryce Young came up. I am doing Todd not exactly what you did, but it's the same sort of thing. You are never supposed to lay this many points in the National Football League. It is not a good long term winning proposition. But am I seeing a nine and a half on the Broncos versus the Panther? It's not a nine and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I see nine and a half San Tens. What do you guys think is more prevalent?
Speaker 1: I'm seeing just as many nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Chris will let you make the call. Chris, you make the call.
Speaker 4: I see, I mean right right now, I have the the wager talk off. I see nine and a half at circa nine and a half at super Book, nine and a half at DraftKings, and ten everywhere else.
Speaker 2: Ten sounds like.
Speaker 3: We'll give him a doctor.
Speaker 1: Bob and I used to have the rule it's got to be at three three major books nine and a half Broncos. Do I even need to explain Broncos defense versus Bryce Young full stop? I just don't know. Like, by the way, Bryce Young getting the start because Andy Dalton got in the car crash and he hurt.
Speaker 2: Himself a little bit.
Speaker 1: Are we to believe that Bryce Young has become a better football player in the last three four weeks. Maybe maybe he has, but I'll certainly she did not grow. I think the growth spurt is over. We'll check on that too. But the Broncos, I mean, say what you will about the Broncos. As much as Sean Payton has whispered up bro Nicks, Broncos defense is kind of unassailable. Despite you know, going through injuries like that with Patrick Sartan. The Broncos are certain getting the best of it here. They got to face h Spencer Rattler last week, and now they have extra rest for this game against the Panthers as well, and they get Bryce Young. I will lay the nine and a half, and I will do so confidently as my third.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting pick because I'm hearing something and I had to get this set up brow because we have Willie and Gilly in the same game, but they're two different picks. How do we set this up? Oh? Here we go, first dead ten from the twenty yard life, thirty two seconds to play. It's twenty seven thirteen the Carolina Panthers bye by fourteen. Bryce young with the ball back to pass. He gets scrambled out of there. You wait, is he gonna run?
Speaker 2: He's gonna run for it? Fifteen ten fives.
Speaker 5: And to the prolog, I don't know if he got in.
Speaker 1: Did he get it?
Speaker 3: Take do touchdown twenty seven twenty? That goes over and Carolina covers.
Speaker 1: Only cow Jesus, I get worried about him. You're the best part. The best part of that routine is the best part.
Speaker 4: That bit is.
Speaker 1: Unlike the and unlike the dolphin song. I never see this one coming. It always surprises me.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm hearing something.
Speaker 1: And then Todd almost kills himself by anything his breath.
Speaker 3: I had to set it up properly to knock off the total and the spread at the same time.
Speaker 1: I tell you, Johnny down a score that would apply the boat like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: There at the end, it was very close.
Speaker 1: It always involves a pylon with you.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, I wasn't I wasn't sure if it was going to be Deontay Johnson with a toe tap of the.
Speaker 2: Have any of these ever played out where we go? We go back and listen, and this is actually what happened. I don't keep track of these enough, any of these actually fuition?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dream Todd nursing a one and a half game lead over me in the and that's going down.
Speaker 2: Right place, all right, which brings us to, Hey, we are.
Speaker 1: All on a one game winning stream in teasers.
Speaker 3: We're getting We're getting right back in it, by the way, me and William two and five, four and three, Gil, you're at a respectable one and six. You're gonna get right back in this thing.
Speaker 1: I love you, Shmack talking at two and five? All right, Chris, what's your favorite two legs six boy teaser of the week?
Speaker 4: Sir comodes plus eight and a half and then Chiefs Raiders under forty seven and a half? Oh, comodes north of touchdown? And how are the Raiders scoring? We're talking about some team scoring. How are the Raiders scoring any points? This feels like it could be like a twenty twenty to ten Chiefs type win where they just kind of go through the motions offensively after the big win against the Irons. But I mean, come on, Gardner, Minshew, did.
Speaker 1: Chris pull off just pull off the rarest of teasers?
Speaker 2: Side total teaser?
Speaker 1: Is that what just happened?
Speaker 3: He's under seven and a half. Is that what he said? His second leg was, I saw.
Speaker 4: I saw forty one and a half is the total? Probably? And then you guys see Kmodes getting two and a half against against the Bears. Comones looked, OK. I mean, I know they played nobody last week, but they still moved the ball with Marcus Mario ta let me say Joe Testyle correctly a quarterback?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, go ahead, No, I.
Speaker 4: Was, I was just good. I was just repeating the Beck Comodes plus the eight and a half and then the under forty seven and a half in chiefs raiders.
Speaker 1: Jayde and Daniels as we do this Thursday morning, is still termed uncertain.
Speaker 2: Uncertain.
Speaker 1: They're guarding this, the details of this injury like it's the fucking you know, from.
Speaker 3: The line, he's not playing right, Gilly if if if.
Speaker 1: He was absolutely from the line, he's absolutely not. Yeah. By the way, that was so an indictment of the Panthers, the fact that Marris Marcus Mariot crushed you. I mean, god, are you bet they miss a beat without Daniels. We'll see what happens here, Totty.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the I believe the LA Chargers minus one because the minus seven. I just don't see them losing at home to the Saints. You know, the Saints quarterback situation is not really anything to write home about. Rattler and Hainer is like really as bad as you can get. Uh So, you know, I don't know what's with the Saints. I just don't see them beating the Chargers on it at the Chargers, even though there won't be a really a home game there. But still, the Chargers are just a better team. Chargers minus one and I'm putting it with the Eagles plus eight and a half. Now, you made a really good point which made me pause for a second. Earlier, Gilly, you said something about I think that you said the Bengal are they really that bad? Because they have the three wins and could have had wins against those other really good teams too, so maybe they're not that bad. However, their defense still is not very good. How are you gonna win by eight and a half points against the decent Eagle team if you can't stop the other team. Even in those really good games they played against Chiefs, that was a close game. The Ravens game obviously went to overtime. What was the other game he said they lost that they could have won? Oh well the Redskins, right, the Redskins game. We didn't stop from punting, so it was thirty eight thirty three. So yeah, I just don't see how they're gonna you know, they might win the game, but I just don't see how they're going to beat the Eagles by eight and a half. It sounds like too much with that defense. I mean, this team could barely beat the Giants by ten. When they got that late garbage touchdown, it was ten to seven, you know, and then it made seventeen to ten.
Speaker 1: Are you worried that Nick Sirianni is going to spend the whole time on the sidelines asking individual players if they wanted to break records.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just it just struck me as so oh, like, really, this is what you're gonna do for I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But anyways, Hey buddy, we'll go get ice cream if you know, if you want. But if you don't want, we don't have to.
Speaker 3: My favorite is my favorite is like, what are you in the mood for for dinner?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you don't want pizza? What about bake z d you want some bakes? What about chicken barbers on? How about that?
Speaker 4: Do you want to go to Gym's or Dolls Sandro's for your cheesecake cheese steak?
Speaker 3: My parents, like, first of all, my mom didn't even make dinner practically, I'm sitting there at home eating bacos because that's the only thing that's left in the cabinet. But even at like people other people's house, there was like, Okay, this is what we're having. There was no choices.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, you grow grew up as an Orthodox Jew and you ate Bacosbacos are actually closer.
Speaker 3: They're fake. They're fake bacon, they're not. They're not they were they were kosher. But the but the point was, it was the joke. It was the joke that I would make with my mom, all of them, because my mom was not a very prompt person. And so you know, at six o'clock, you know, you're a hungry boy and want dinner, and there's no dinner, and my mom's out doing whatever the hell she was doing. I'm like scurring through the cupboards and I'm eating bacos because that's the only edible thing, And that pretty much will lead you to an eating disorder for many, many years.
Speaker 1: So it's a very happy story.
Speaker 3: It's a happy story.
Speaker 2: I know. I was like five four three two there it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sodium leve will come down seven thousand since then.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Actually it's funny because I never had a pro I eat a lot of salt, and that's that's my one health thing I don't have. It's so weird. It's Willy's Hillyer time WILLI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna use I'm gonna use the Chargers as we orfully segue here to uh Yeah. I just don't see the Chargers losing to uh. I think it's Spencer Rattler again this week. And I know you're not supposed to use a minus six if he's listening, gonna with all caps, just screaming at us because this money line is cheap. I get all that, but I'm gonna use the Steelers. I can't see them losing to Daniel Jones. Maybe you could say it's a flat spot. Thom is not good in these situations. His favorites. It's a Monday night game, Pittsburgh is gonna win this game. So Pittsburgh and the chargers are my two. I am going chargers go wrong.
Speaker 1: We're all the chargers chargers, and I'm taking the rams as the second part of that.
Speaker 3: Thought about that too, rams rams to wait? What are we getting the rams up? Eating? Rams? Up to eight and a half or nine? I forgot what we said?
Speaker 1: Somebody nobody used you? You used it before you you played it?
Speaker 4: What do I use?
Speaker 3: I used the under.
Speaker 1: I see threes mostly.
Speaker 3: Okay, so plus nine for the rams?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, hey, before we do the uh, by the way, nobody here is still still involved involved in SERVI right, nobody.
Speaker 4: I haven't involved in my little like ghetto survivor that I've been in for a while. It's like one hundred and seventy people star and I am down with one other two people left me and someone else.
Speaker 1: Who are you playing?
Speaker 3: How have you? How did you survive?
Speaker 4: From my survivor path has been? Last week it was Bill's Falcons. I'm not I'm sorry, Bill's Eagles, Jags and Niners, Jets, Seahawks. So that that's where we're at.
Speaker 2: That's going backwards.
Speaker 4: Time, going backwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Don.
Speaker 4: And Bucks and Buck Campa Bay Week one.
Speaker 1: I wish you had done that in Circa.
Speaker 4: Huh, I know, I wish I wish I would have done that in circ instead of pushing all in with the freaking Bengals. We sucked. So who are you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: Who are you playing?
Speaker 2: Where are you playing this week? Chris?
Speaker 4: I don't want to. I don't want to play Detroit only because in a couple of weeks you're gonna need them when they play Jacksonville. There really aren't a bunch of great options. So I thought about Denver. I have Denver, and I thought about the Chargers as well, but I just don't know ultimately what I'm gonna do Detroit. Detroit's not gonna and it's just a question do I think we're gonna get to three more games where I will ultimately need to use the Lions. So I think the other person left will use the Lions. They could, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and twenty one entries left in Circus Survivors Complete Carnage the first five weeks, and then only seven entries have left the last two weeks, starting with fourteen undred and sixty six of the two hundred two any one entries left. Remember at the end of last year, four different people chopped. Only one of those four is out.
Speaker 2: The three of three of the.
Speaker 1: Four people who chopped last year are still alive in varying forms of the remaining two twenty one. That's unbelievable, isn't it?
Speaker 4: What was it? What was the quote from round say? Is it a coincidence? At the same five six players make the final table at the World Series of Poker every year, right at the line that he muttered, well two of.
Speaker 1: Them, yeah, two of the three though, Mark Goldberg and Greg Jones, they'll correct me if I'm wrong. I believe after winning last year, took a very aggressive, you know, swap stance this year. So I believe that the entries that they're alive in they only have a percentage of because they just kept buying from each other kind of thing they could they could explain it in better detail. So theirs is I kind of almost by design. They ended up here. You know, they're they're comfortable because they got to the end last year doing it that way.
Speaker 3: There is a third.
Speaker 1: Guy, Kyle, who is still alive, and I ran into the other I'm like, this is amazing, it's amazing. It's just his you know him and his buddy, same entry going whatever. The only person out is Indiana Jet. Pretty cool. Last thing before we get to the final two questions. The election is twelve days away. Do any of you think you know who's winning?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 1: No, I don't even like if you ask me right now. Honestly, I feel it's like the biggest coin flip in the world, Will Todd No, no, no, no sense?
Speaker 2: Do I do I know for sure?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think Trump is going to win.
Speaker 1: Though you think Trump is gonna win, Yeah, Doddy.
Speaker 3: I kind of think that if I had to bet, I'd probably bet Kamala, just because in the end, it's it's women versus men, and women will usually get the chores done more than men will get the chores done. So if you if you look at voting as like a chore you've got to take care of something, would you rather bet that the woman's going to do it or the man's going to do it? And she has a big advantage with females. He has a big advantage with males. So to me, it's like it's like taking out the garbage. Who's gonna how many people are going to fail to take out the garbage from that side, and to me, women slightly over men. But of course it's it's it's impossible to call. I'm just saying, if you bet that in Vegas?
Speaker 2: What what can you bet the election in Vegas?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I thought, did I hear something that you could bet it in Vegas? Or that was they were legalizing or just trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a whole there's a whole thing where they're trying to legalize, but it won't be It'll ultimately be a state by state thing, and it's not going to be this election.
Speaker 3: It's gonna In no way am I saying that I think Kemmel is really gonna win. I'm saying, if you actually put a gun to my head, that's what I would base it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I genuinely don't know, man, I genuinely don't know. And if you believe, like there's a lot of misinformation with pulling because some of those some of those indexes are getting polluted, so like you.
Speaker 2: Know that that was my thing on the radio.
Speaker 1: I was basically saying, I have no idea who's gonna win, but don't bet the house on Trump because you believe the pools you see on Twitter, because those are all gamed in the same way that those you know, the twenty twenty two red wave was supposed to happen and it didn't. Trump could still win, though, it's just not for the reasons that you're going to throw the house on it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I think it was Wednesday. It might have been Wednesday. It could have been Tuesday. You had a listener of you wherever they're taking in your show with a really interesting tweet that that kind of it called me to take a little bit of a step. He cited the Mexican election, which yes, yes, follows is it and conservative and and a and a Jewish woman. I think it was wound up being elected president of Mexico in a Landslide's.
Speaker 2: Actually, what's that an?
Speaker 3: Isn't she that lady? A conservative?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: But Chris's point is that you know this guy was I agree with you. That tweet was great. What he was he was sort of saying to buttress the point about how polls are misleading by the way it depends on what pool right, Because like the guy on is It, Harry Enton, he says, like, you know, the blue Wall three and North Carolina, those are separated by one percentage point between Tomalin and Trump. That's why I think it's a complete toss of. But the point that the tweeter was making was like, totally agree on most of the polls being misleading because in Mexico ninety percent of the population is Catholic, and all polls that it was going to be razor thin, and the Jewish woman got sixty three percent of the vote, like she destroyed them, and it was multi candidate, and so it's harder, it's harder to pull.
Speaker 3: As the years go by, it gets harder and harder to accurately pull because no one wants to pick up their phone and be in a poll. So right off the bat you have trouble with pulling, you know, right off the get go. So it's very very difficult. And then, like you said, with all the other you know, shanigans that we're seeing this year, it's obviously there's all kind of pollution in the polls and everything. Who knows, who knows what perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or people say something in the exit polls and then when they actually get in the booth they do something different right to actually make their vote right, So the polls could be just leading to be with Chris. You got to bounce right, we got to do these final two questions.
Speaker 4: I do. Yeah. I just got the notification that flight fifty six to seventy five from the Guardia to Columbia Columbus's boarding, so I got my please my game, yeah game. I want no part of Giants. Steelers. I guess could be a total facade, total fluke mirage what we saw from Russell Wilson on Sunday night. The Giants are terrible. I could maybe be interested in a Giants team total under how are they going to score without an offensive tackle against the DJ watt? But I want no part of this game because we saw the Steelers lost to last year to shitty teams New England in Denver. In certain spots it was Denver. I think it was right in certain spots. And then the big favorite that I think could lose is the Jets. I think people are going to see that first game, but remember that was Jacoby Brissett, eight quarterback for most of the games. The mental lands, the Jet defense was healthier than it is now. I think there's a chance Jets just might not be very good, and I certainly from my forty somewhat years of Jets fandom could absolutely see them going on the road to Foxborough, laying an egg and giving the Patriots and Drake May their second win of the year.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Chris, appreciate it. At your flight man.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sorry, I got a bolt early, but I don't get to Columbus. I'm gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: I think Fox important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 4: You can't wait to listen to the final product here and find out what I missed.
Speaker 1: See you, Bear, Chris Felick, everybody at Chris Filick on Twitter, Big Noon Saturdays on Fox and of course the bear Bets podcasts at bear Bets Pod on Twitter. Real quick, because my laptop is doing its thing as well. Will the Big Favorite that you want no part of again, the choices are choices, big I'm sorry, Big Favorite.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I losing I'm losing my mind. I've got other things on my mind. The big favorite that you think loses outright, Lions eleven and a half point favorites hosting the Titans, Ravens nine point favorites on the road against the Browns. Jets, as Chris mentioned is his choice. Seven point favorites on the road against the Patriots, Chargers, seven point favorites at home against the Saints, Chiefs, ten point favorites on the road against the Raiders and the Broncos. Moving as we speak, up to ten now, I think consensus hosting the Panther, which most likely to lose.
Speaker 2: Out right, I'll go Ravens just because I think having a living, breathe and human being playing quarterback for Cleveland could make that team look different.
Speaker 3: God, I'm gonna go with Willy on that. I think that at Brown's at home, it's a division game. You never know, maybe Jamis you know, Hits strikes fire and a bat or something, who knows.
Speaker 1: I believe it will be the It's either the Jets or the It's either it's either the ones that you've chosen. It's either the Jets or it's the Ravens. I will say it is the Jets because I just don't know. Man, he Chris is right. They could actually and then the game you want no part of. We live in a bizarre world again. You have to pick us every single game bet aside in every single game, you one free pass.
Speaker 3: Todd, what is your minus the Jaguars against the Packers. I can't get a Jaguars game right. A couple of weeks ago, I picked the Jaguars, told everyone to go fade me, and of course the Bears did cover. I can't get the Jaguars right, whether I bet on them or against them, so I'm out.
Speaker 1: Well, no part of that one willly.
Speaker 2: Eagles Bengals. I don't have a great feel.
Speaker 1: For Eagles Bengals. Okay, I think mine is the Bears and the Commodore because I just don't know. Man, if Marcus Mariota like that Panthers are so bad, the fact that he looked good, I'm not reading into that at all, Like he might not be very good at football, and then that makes Washington a little more one dimensional. On the other hand, Washington's defense is stepped up in a way that they did not show early in the season, and I think, I don't know, maybe they could give Caleb some trouble so that would be the game for.
Speaker 3: I didn't love how many Marriota looked actually, and I was on the over in that game and didn't get there. I mean, they were moving it on Carolina, but it was like it was felt like kind of pulling teeth. It was always like third and six and they were getting first down.
Speaker 1: But yeh, skins are good man, the good football team. Layoffs, layoffs maybe. Thanks for listening. For Chris Philika the Bear, and for the staples of the show. Will Hill at not v Will Hill on Twitter should have Bet Moore's the name of his podcast, top wish Nev at t wish Nev, always amusing. He's not on Twitter as much as he used Showtime Doctor Series Action. Still out there. You can follow him again at t wish Nev. Gil Alexander is a numbers game. Tend to noon Eastern on v SIN and of course you can follow me on Twitter at Eating the Book. Thanks for listening, Good luck with all your bets. We gate and then ash Football with