Speaker 1: All the latest from the Olympics, with Team USA off to a two and oh start. Also will reflect on Gordon Hayward's sudden retirement and the chapter he forever holds in Chris Haynes' career. And we've even got some Paul George talk, Paul George and Chris Haynes on the Fresno State campus together. All of that is next on this edition of This League Uncut.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this League Uncut in the rule of twenty four hour NBA news, this news you'll Chris Haynes, it's go time, work's time, it's some time. This League Uncut is underway, in on fire. This should be a good one.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it's been a minute. We are back together, all three of us back together. Chris Haynes, Mark Stein here, Producer Ryan is here. We have not done a pod. We had to deal with summer league. We did the pod with modest buzzellis from the Chicago Bulls, but then Chris and I had pretty divergent summer league schedules. But we are reconnected here ready to go. In the midst of the Olympics, still have NBA business to discuss. Cleveland Cavaliers just extending Jared Allen, Gordon Hayward announces his retirement. As I said, Olympics fully underway. But Chris Haynes, it's just your pictures cutting in and out for some reason. Must be some bad wi fi. But it's good to see you, good to be with you.
Speaker 3: It's good to be what you started as well. I wish we could be together in a physical but I know you're in Dallas and I'm here in Chicago at the National Association of Black Journalist convention that I attend every year.
Speaker 1: So getting ready to host the second most anticipated panel of the week.
Speaker 3: What was the first?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I'm really I'm really intriguing. How I really hope somebody posts the video from the art of the live shot that you'll be hosting.
Speaker 3: Oh, thanks for the shutout start. Yes, that's the pedal will be on tomorrow, which will be at Friday after the live shot. The art of the live shot. I'm looking for you ready, I am ready start. It should be really good. It was. It was a hit last year, so we're bringing it back. But tonight I'm hosting the tt Space Space Tournament. I don't play space. I don't know how to play. But I'm hosting it.
Speaker 1: But what does that mean hosting? What is hosting? What is what is involved in?
Speaker 3: Basically just getting things in order, explaining the rules to everybody location. No TT did all that. I just have to show up. So just explaining the rules and tell them the prizes, what they win and all that. Just keeping everybody engaged throughout throughout. So it's cool.
Speaker 1: Is it fancy dress?
Speaker 3: No, I would dress down. It's fancy dress all day today, but I would dress down today. Sorry. When I when I landed here in Chicago, I landed here around noon yesterday and it was tough trying to get to my hotel. I was like, why is everything barricaded? What is going on around here? Who is in town? I could not get to my whole That was not for you, it was It was not for me. This was something from much bigger than me. But I just had the toughest time getting to my hotel. Could you guess why that was the case? Star?
Speaker 1: I can, But I thought we were talking the Olympics, Okay, Ryan, Ryan had a strict menu of questions. He wants to know why y'ael embiid it didn't.
Speaker 3: Play in the second game, okay.
Speaker 1: By Jason Tatum didn't play in the first game. Now, obviously I'm being facetious because to me, those are just manufactured stories that look, the United States has these two wins. They're playing really well as a team. It is the way of the NBA to try to find the drama and focus on the guys who aren't playing. But I mean, this team is under the most absolute win or bus pressure that there is in basketball. They are not allowed to lose a single game. They played five exhibitions, didn't have durant for any of them, almost lost to South Sudan, almost lost to Germany. But just two games into this Olympic run, this thing is really coming together and they are gelling looking like a team, and everybody seems to be putting the team first. And if the United States does all that and plays defense like we're seeing, they're going to win the gold medal. And that's the way that Steve Kerr and everybody associated with this thing, that's how they really avoid criticism. They have to win, and two games into the run they are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the case every year, Starle we expect the men Son is, I've never covered an Olympics before, never, so I probably probably Los Angeles will be my first one in four years. Stan, is it appropriate as an American to say our team when you're talking about Team USA? How do we?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't think we should in our jobs? I mean, I really don't. I know. I think I think in one of the games, Dwayne Wade say said it, but he actually yeah, he played on the team, so it's harder for him. But no, I mean I think I think we realistically should be removed to at least that degree.
Speaker 3: Okay, So with that being said, they're expected to go out there and win every game. That's always been the case. Even though the world has caught up, we still believe that overall we have the best talent pound for pound. We might not have the best player per se, but just from top to bottom, we still believe that the United States is keen. So yes, they are expected to go out there and win, and they're going to be criticized with the loss. They're even going to be criticized with a narrow win. You know, you expect our team to go out there and dominate. And this is a really good team, really good team. They're very deep, they have shooters, they have defensive wings, they got they got a little bit of everything on this team.
Speaker 1: So it was expectations are so high. This roster is so good. I covered the twenty nineteen World Cup in China, that roster was nowhere close to this team. Same with last Summer's World Cup. When they in China, they finished in seventh. Last Summer's team finished fourth. Those teams weren't close roster wise to what we see on this team. This team is absolutely loaded, so deep that Tatum has a dnp CD, Halliburton has a dnp CD, and Embiid has a dnp CD. It's that deep. And that's but that's the thing. This is one of those rare times that USA basketball can say we really brought our best and by bringing this strong of a team, and when everyone's dialed in, as long as they maintain it, they're they're not gonna lose. They're they're just they're not gonna lose.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this time before the Olympics started, well even before the preliminary games, if I was thinking about the roster and everybody is not going to play, But if I had to pick. I knew Tyree would be a guy that would not play. I knew that I did, it didn't It doesn't matter like what he was doing in practice. Just knowing his game and knowing the talent that they have, I figured Tyres was not going to play a few games. I did not anticipate MB and I did not anticipate Tatum being two guys that would fall in that category. Maybe a Dereck White, but again the team USA, they they felt like they need him for defensive purposes. And I thought maybe Derek White because he was a last minute at But no, I did not see Tatum and MB And again, you know that Steve Kurr took a lot of criticism for not playing Jason Tatum that first game. They still won bleed by twenty six. I guess I get the Chris. I don't know, like it's hard to It's hard for me to criticize Curve for winning in that fashion. Now, could they have one still with Tatum out there? Yeah, I think you can. You know, then there's the question of does a head coach have a have a responsibility to make sure he plays and upholds the confidence of a player who just came off of a championship.
Speaker 4: You know, I.
Speaker 3: I don't think that says Steve Curr's mind. I think his mind is just having the best line up out there that's going to win.
Speaker 1: And in his mind, it's only one thing win, win by any means necessary. And if people think, oh, it must have been really uncomfortable for him to not play Tatum or to sit and be I promise you, far more uncomfortable is the thought of losing. Because again, the pressure with this, like there was pressure last summer in the World Cup, and there was certainly criticism that the US only finished fourth. But in the American basketball culture, we put the Olympics on a much higher pedestal than the World Cup. And that's why they have such a good roster. That's why so many guys wanted to play. But it really is you.
Speaker 3: Don't think Paris. You don't think Paris had anything to do with it.
Speaker 1: I guess, But you know, that's actually one of the challenges of this thing that probably hasn't been talked about enough. The US team is staying in Paris, but these games are in Lelle, like two hours away, and you understand why the team wants to be in Paris. They want to be able to go to the other Olympic events and look the basket. It's been a long time that the basketball team hasn't been able to stay in the village because they want ultimate privacy, so they're always in a hotel some where. But they want as much as they can to get the Olympic experience. And we're seeing guys on this team show up at all kinds of different Olympic events, so you understand that. But it is, you know, they got a two hour ride each way on game days, so it is it is a bit of a logistical challenge. I don't know how much they're really seeing of, you know, Paris. When you say it like that, you know the glamor, I don't. I don't know how glamorous Paris is right now in the midst of the Olympics and all the chaos that's there. But yeah, this team is the thing that And you know, I've I've covered three Olympics in the past and I've done three World Cup runs and what always happens with the United States. They have the highest ceiling of any team by far because of the talent and they can they tend to play better. The later it is, the more they're together, the more time they have to actually gel and funk like a team. And I think that's what's been so impressive about these first two games. It's already happening, and the other contenders, your Canada's, your Serbia's, your Australia's, your Germany's. Of course, the host France, they did not want to see this this quickly, as dialed. As bad as the US looked in the exhibition game against South Sudan in London, and then basically a week and change later, as good as they've looked in the opener against Serbia, the rematch with South Sudan, as devastating as they look when they go to the bench. I mean, it's just ridiculous. When you're bringing in Kevin Durant, Anthony Edwards, Bam out of Bio, You're bringing these guys off the bench. I mean it really it's not fair. But the US ain't going to apologize because when they lose, they get hammered. So if they can keep playing like this and keep winning like this and keep oozing the team basketball that we're seeing, yeah, they're going to revel in every.
Speaker 3: Second and rightfully so, and so that you know, that's why this is so entertaining because as you mentioned, the talent load is so it's it's extremely well put together. I'm just saying that Grant Hill did a really good job constructing this team, selling all these guys on the vision for this team, and so they've all bodied and they're getting better. This is their time where they're getting better. And that's that's why it's going to be a you know, it's gonna be tough for the opposition for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, you notate um so well. I always do this to you. I really shouldn't do it, and I apologize, but now I'm gonna do it again to step into his head? How do you He handled it with a lot of class. He hasn't said one cross word about it. Obviously started the next game, so he really didn't fuel I mean, he did not a drop of fuel to this supposed controversy of not playing in the first game. Just tell me what you maybe not instead of you know what, instead of me trying to ask you to step into his head, just just tell me what you think of how Tatum handled not playing in that first game.
Speaker 3: Okay, before I addressed that question. I want to ask you something, Stein about something you said about Steve Kerr. You said, Steve is not worried about anything but winning because if he loses, it all comes down on him. And he did everything in his power in that first game to just put the team in the best position to win. Okay, Stein, if that's the case, why did Tatum start game two?
Speaker 1: Because the US with Kerr at the head of the snake, obviously, but I think as the coaching staff, they thought South Sudan with a team full of wings, length, speed, the way that South Sudan plays is so much different compared to a Serbia team, which, yes they have some guards you have to worry about, but Serbia, you are worried about Jokic inside and you're gonna use all three of your centers to the max against Jokic. I think Kerr felt like for the South Sudan matchup, Tatum was not only going to play, but have a prominent role. And Embiid, who all of us on the outside thought, was promised this starting spot to get him to commit to the United States. Remember, Embiid could have played for his native Cameroon, or he could have played for France or he could have played for the United States. The thinking going into the Olympics was the United States surely promised embid a starting spot, and Kerk can't pull him from the starting lineup because that's how they got his commitment to play for the United States. But then in Game two, Embiid is the only guy on the team who didn't play at all. So I think curR is showing that he's going to do what he and the coaching staff think is the right move, no matter whose feelings it hurts.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that Tatum starting in game two had absolutely nothing to do with the criticism that Tatum received and Curve received.
Speaker 1: Are you saying I can't say nothing. I mean, you know, was it secretly a factor and none of them have acknowledged it? I mean that surely seems possible.
Speaker 3: But okay, well let me get back to you. I'll get back to your initial question. I think you know, knowing Tatum, I definitely think he's a one of the most serious competitors I've covered this league. Definitely, I'm pretty sure a looted them, but he handled it. He knew he had to handle it with professionalism. He knew if he said anything negative, if the situation will escalate even further. So he avoided that. And No, I definitely think it bothered him to a certain extent. I haven't talked to him, so this is not coming from him. I just just knowing how he is, knowing the competitor that he is. Yet, definitely I think it bothered him.
Speaker 1: So based on the way you asked me the question, are you saying that you do think that the criticism is the reason Tatum started that game?
Speaker 3: Listen, I can. I can buy into your premise line that you believe that because of the personnel of Saddan that they needed him more so in that game for the length and everything, I get it. But go from a d M p CD to starting, that's a big jump. I understand d M d M p CD to end the rotation.
Speaker 1: Well, I think one thing is another factor here is that Durant played so well off the bench and clicked so well with Aunt Edwards that Kerr wanted to leave both of them on that second unit, and that made it easier to put Tatum in the starting lineup. Well, and if America could see, and if America could have seen the look on your face as I was going through that, they would know that you agree with you.
Speaker 3: I do not buy it because you know what, Kevin Durant is going to kill on most nights, you know what I mean? Like, are we determined that Tatum's playing time based off if kd is killing? He's going to kill?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think he's even more devastating the way they're using him. They're bringing him in as a second unit guy, and he is just destroying these poor guy these these poor opponents.
Speaker 3: Okay, are they bringing them in as a second unit guy because that's the best role or because he's coming off of that injury.
Speaker 1: I mean, it probably is more injury related, but the way it's working out, so it's the way it's working out.
Speaker 3: He will.
Speaker 1: Do you think Duran? Look, we anything is possible against Puerto Rico, But do you think they will use Durant the same way against Puerto Rico?
Speaker 3: I think they will, Yeah, because they can. I mean the chances of them losing regardless is it's very slim. But my whole thing is with the Tatum thing, like no, like we're not it's not predicated on Durant killing or not. If it is then Tatum's not going to play much because Durant is going to kill the I think what people were upset about was that the fact that, again I understand Currs thinking, but I just challenged you a little bit because you made it come. He made it sound as if Steve Curze is doing what it takes to win. He's doing you know, he's going to win. He doesn't care about Okay, if he didn't care, then I don't think Tatum will be in the starting lineup the next day. I think he might be a rotation.
Speaker 1: I think the proof is if he had bigger picture concerns, because one of the big criticisms that was levied after the first game was don't they understand that Lebron is thirty nine and Steph is thirty six and Durant is thirty five. These guys are not gonna be here at the next Olympics. They're pissing Tatum off. Tatum's never gonna play for Team USA again after this. So there are other things that they could theoretically be thinking about, and I think just what we're seeing is those thoughts are being pushed to the side. Feelings are all being pushed to the side, Steve Kurrz basically come out and said, these are forty minute games. I can only play ten guys per game. I'm gonna choose those ten best suited to the game plan. And again with the United States playing as well as it has early and already building up this head of steam, to me, these are all manufactured criticisms because they've come up with two very good game plans that delivered two very good performances. And that's all that this thing should really be judged on.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it, stime. Listen, I don't personally do whatever it takes to win. If you feel like that is the best approach playing nineteen and excluding Tatum or excluding Tyres, Okay, but just stick with that, like say it what you make the decision, say it with your chest and stand by it. But when you start on the next day, the next game, that's like a was it the criticism that got to you? Because that's just that's a very significant leap up. Again, I understand going from not playing, now you're into the road, now you're in a rotation, but now you go from not playing to starting, and is that team I understand Sudan with all the wings. I know they probably you know, there's some fear instilled based off of what Sadan did in the preliminary So but you know the thing is, I think especially from Celtics fans, they're like, listen, Tatum is coming off of a championship. Is Tatum going to be the reason you lose? No, he's not. You're probably still going to win by twenty six. And that's their thought process. Again, I'm all for play whoever you want to play. Just stick by your word and don't fall victim or don't give in. I should say to external criticism, just stick with it, that's all. And I don't know that this decision. I don't know that this decision was all just basketball related. Producer Ryan Wayan, what do you think about the decision from dnp CD one game in the start line up the next game, even though it's a different team, different personnel.
Speaker 5: I am very much on the side of Chris Haynes here. I have a healthy, always I have a healthy level of skepticism that it just solely based off of matchups, goes from couldn't even find a minute to.
Speaker 4: Play in the rotation to the starter. I will say I do think that for.
Speaker 5: The most part, Steve Kerr and who he is as a person and all that he's accomplished, isn't one that is normally just going to give in, if you will, to just public pressures and comments.
Speaker 4: But it was such a stark change in just one game that I have saw.
Speaker 5: I have a little bit of skepticism that it is simply a basketball move.
Speaker 1: We're recording this way too close to Ryan Shift as a producer on the Herd, and that's why he's in there. He's in that mode, looking for the cry on, looking for the headline, looking for that topic, bar saucy conversation.
Speaker 3: Producer Ryan should feel disrespected right now. We always bring producer Ryan on to be the voice of reason. He's always in the middle. And for for Stein to just call you out and say always when when you said you're on.
Speaker 1: The side he knows I'm playing, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Would be very disrespect feel very disrespected.
Speaker 1: He's he's loving this all right, Well we will again. The United States is only two games into its Olympic campaign. Saturday, last group see game against Puerto Rico. The competition will get tougher in the knockout rounds. The knockout rounds start with the quarterfinals on Tuesday. But again with this, when the United States can bring this kind of roster to a tournament that is just so talent laden, if they lock in, play team ball and play serious defense, and that was really the problem in that first exhibition game against South Sudan. They were in London and they just had very little interest in playing defense that night.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: And for South Sudan, that game was their super Bowl. It was right before the Olympics. It was really their introduction to the world. This is a very young nation and it's filled with guys who have been in the NBA. But South Sudan the only country in the men's Olympic Basketball Tournament with no current NBA players. Carlic Jones, Wheny and Gabriel coach Royal Ivy, like all these guys are trying to make a name for themselves. JT. Thor Shayok, I mean, on and on and on. And look, they played even well in defeat in Tuesday's loss. They you know, they they won the second half. So they've been a tremendous story. Lou All Dang just you cannot get this man enough credit for what he has done to get this program going a country that isn't even fifteen years old and they are already a factor in world basketball. It's just a tremendous story. In our remaining time, let's move a little bit closer to home, because, like I said, with the knockout round starting Tuesday, we still will have more than one chance to talk Olympic hoops. You tell me what was the standout story for you? Is it Jared Allen getting a big contract extension in Cleveland? Tias Jones, that's a great signing for Phoenix. Great and you were the you how many times on this pod have you been calling for the Suns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great signing, great signing. If they finally listened, I mean the coaches staff, they've wanted a point guard for the longest. It was all always management that felt that they can do it out. So they finally come to terms with the fact that that position is very important today.
Speaker 1: Is stunning, though, truly stunning that I mean Tias Jones and Gary Trent for the.
Speaker 3: Minimum Yeah, yeah, yeah, did not did not see that coming at all. But the most surprising I'm going to go against the Greenstein and not pick any of those selections you mentioned, I'm going to go with the retirement of Gordon Hayward. Gordon Hayward.
Speaker 1: I was going to nominate him, but figured you would not even wait for my nomination, old friend. Maybe. Now, are you are you prepared to like tell us the whole what happened story? Twenty Ryan? Producer? Ryan? Are you do you know what we're talking about? Producer Ryan?
Speaker 5: I am gonna find out along with the audience. So I'm very much looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: You don't, Okay. So it's the summer of twenty seventeen, very early in free agency, and an ESPN reporter named Chris Haynes reported, Now, I'm forgetting part of it was that when he signed with Boston. Yeah, I couldn't remember which team. An ESPN reporter named Chris Haynes broke the news that Gordon Hayward was signing with the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was leaving Utah at that time.
Speaker 1: And yet within the walls of the same company based in Bristol, Connecticut, came to report that there was no done deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Am I remembering this correctly?
Speaker 3: Nah? That was that was a real controversial moment. Probably it's more conscious it wasn't more controversial than what we dealt with here in ABJA in Chicago yesterday. But it was definitely controversial. But with that being said, Starn, you know, it was about a three to four hour window of like just social media. That's when social media was fun. It was fun. Social meid was so fun back in the day. But they are attacking like who who, Who's right is it? Is it Gordon Hayward's agent, is you know putting this out there, you know, giving this to reporters saying that Gordon Hayward hasn't made a decision. So about three or four hours, I'm just on the roticifiary. I am just getting cueued up on social media. They are ripping me the shreds. And then about four hours later, Gordon Hayward announces on the Player's Tribute, which I knew that that's the way he wanted to announce it, that he was going to Boston, so I will for and then then you know I had to At that time I found Ryan.
Speaker 1: You don't remember what happened after that? Ryan? I thought I thought you knew everything about us, producer.
Speaker 6: Ryan, I don't remember that specific Saga tweeted out, I do not remember, no, Chris Haynes, if my memory is correct, Remember my memory is not what it used to be.
Speaker 1: But if my memory is correct, Chris Haynes tweeted out a picture of Hulk Hogan his ear. What you say it now, as if to say, didn't I say this four hours ago? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I had that. I had that in the drafts. I had that picture in the drafts. I knew. I didn't know if I was gonna be able to use it that day, use it tomorrow the day after, but I knew I was gonna tweet that I had that in the drafts ready. So uh yeah, that was a very tumultuous time for me. And uh I would do I would do the same thing over again, the same way that I did it. But I will forever be tied to Gordon Hayward. So as he retires, I feel like a little piece of me has retired as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm gonna go that far Gordon Hayward. This was a rough season obviously, had the mid season trade to Oklahoma City. It did not go in Oklahoma City the way he had hoped. He could not establish the role there that was expected and I have to admit I didn't think that that was the end. I did expect him to give it at least one more shot somewhere else. So I think it does classify as a bit of a thunderbolt. When we saw Gordon Hayward's announcement on social media. We're recording this on Thursday afternoon. On Thursday morning, Gordon Hayward announces that he is leaving the game.
Speaker 3: I think I saw a graphic on social media that now Paul George is the only player in the two thousand and ten NBA draft class that is playing. That is that's something else. That's John wall Is in that class, It's Marcus Cousins, there was some that's that was a pretty good class. So Paul George is a long person standing.
Speaker 1: And then you do the math and realize that Lebron James was drafted seven years before.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, when we think of two thousand and ten, stein like, that doesn't seem like if you just say it two thousand and ten, that doesn't seem that long ago.
Speaker 1: We just say that was that was right right around when you started, right.
Speaker 3: I started two thousand and ten, correct, I started because me and Paul George had classes together at Fresno State. Oh wow, yeah, before I didn't know that. Yeah, yeah, we had classes together.
Speaker 1: You've never told that.
Speaker 3: I told you that, stun and I did not.
Speaker 1: I know you guys went to Fresno State. I realize you guys actually had classes together.
Speaker 3: We played. I don't know if he remembers, but a few times we played. We have we have a rec center gym that's connected to the main basketball arena on the campus of Presno State, and guys will go in there and just play pick up. And one time I played because Paul he wasn't viewed to be this type of player, like there was no nobody envisioned him doing. He only average like fourteen points in frontal State. So we didn't see this at all. And so there was a couple of times I played some pick up with him. And at that time, I'm like twenty six, and so Paul's probably twenty twenty six and Paul's are twenty probably, and I wasn't giving him the business. I'm not going I'm not gonna go that far. But he just didn't impress me, Like he just didn't impress me. And so I knew he was going to the league at that time. My drafts had him as a first round pick. You know, he's six eight six ninees long, so you know, you see, he has all the he has all the tools, he has the physique. I just didn't see this and so nah, he definitely, he definitely took it to a next level once he got to the league.
Speaker 1: Can we get him on the pod and talk about some open gym.
Speaker 3: Run with He would not, he would not remember, But I just remember because I'm like, this guy, man he didn't do because I was like looking at him like he people saying he's a first round pick. I'm like, he averaged And this is the front of state that basketball team was bad like this is. This wasn't the Jerry Tarkanian days. The head coach back.
Speaker 1: Then was the name of Adams days.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. It wasn't iron Way yeah way. Well after the Ron Adams day, this was Steve Cleveland. He was the head coach and he used to be the head coach of BYU I believe as well, but they didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 3: They had a brother by the name of Greg Smith who went to my high school, Edison High School. He played he played in Houston Houston Rockets for he had a couple of team in the league, but the team was bad. The team was bad, and so no, I didn't have high expectations for him, but he definitely exceeded those for sure. But he will not remember playing. I doubt he remember. And I played. So I played against Fredo State when I played at Fresdent Pacific University the year before Paul got there. So I had just missed playing against him.
Speaker 1: And I'm guessing that was the number one game on the Pacific game.
Speaker 3: Yes it was, Yes, it was. I couldn't wait, stein, I couldn't wait to play, to step on that arena, to say mart Center, but play against Fresno State, Oh star, Oh you know what. My step line was a whop in two rebounds, zero points. I don't think I shot a shot in that game.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: I think I froze up Steyn. I think I froze up man. I was so pumped out crowd. No, I wasn't a big crowd, but I was the only person on my team from Fresno No. Two. It was two two, it was two two, maybe three two or three, but uh, I was so amped up and I think a little bit too amped up, a little bit too amped up, but uh, it happens. I tell you right now, you give me the opportunity. Now I'm shooting more than way more than zero shots that right now, way more we know. Thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well this went way too fast, but we had this window to sneak an episode in before you host the TNT Spade because you're not playing in it.
Speaker 3: That's good. I'm not trying to lose money. But no, it's not that money is not involved. I'm just hosting, making sure I'm the point guard, make sure everybody's in their place, making sure everybody know how to rotate, because you win, you got to rotate to another table. This thing is six to nine. It's a three hour event. So I'm doing that.
Speaker 1: And then uh and on Friday morning, when this pod drops, you will be speaking on the panel. The art of the live.
Speaker 3: Shot, Yes, the art of the live shot will we give We'll have the room will be packed, and we'll give people who are aspiring silent reporters, aspiring aspiring editors, I mean field producers, will give them topics, uh sports top and we'll give them a few minutes to formulate a forty five second hit, and they're going to be on TV. We got big screens in the room, so they're actually going to be on TV. So they just like they're doing the sideline report, they have to formulate a forty five second bit. They do it, and then I'm one of the panel of judges where we'll critique them and tell them what they could have did better, how you know, it will judge how they looked on camera, if they looked away all that. It was really good. It's really so. It was a big hit last year, so I'm glad we're doing it again this summer.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the next time we get together, we still have lots more to discuss. Of course, Lowry Marketing. On August sixth, which is Tuesday, he becomes eligible for a renegotiation and extension with Utah. The whole league dialed in to see what happens there. Of course, we've also covered this ground. If the extension happens all August seventh or later, Lowry Marketing cannot be traded until after the twenty twenty four to twenty five season. If UTAH wants to extend him but also keep him trade eligible this coming season. They have to have a signed deal Tuesday, and then market in would be eligible to be traded on the last day of trade season, trade deadline day on February sixth. Jared Allen he's got his three year extension with Cleveland worth more than ninety million, but the belief there is that that will be signed and announced before August sixth, and then that would make Allen trade eligible. Same principle. If for some reason that deal isn't signed and announced until August seventh, Jared Allen would not be trade eligible until after next season, but we should soon be. We should soon be hearing and seeing that formally announced by the CAZ. We've also got Brandon Ingram's trade future to discuss, and once we get past the Olympics, we can really start evaluating the East and the West and how the conferences look going into the new season once because really the bulk, the bulk of free agency is over. Although again, like we said, we just saw Tyas Jones go to the Suns unexpectedly, so there still might be a surprise or two or three. We'll be ready for those that's gonna do it for this edition of this league. Uncut. Great to be back with you, guys, Chris Haynes, producer Ryan. Great to be back with the both of you. Everyone. Remember, please follow us, rate the show, review the show, and we will be back with you. Why is Chris Haynes? Chris Haynes, He looks like he has something on his mind. He'll be one in the.
Speaker 3: Iron Get ready to iron my pants? Just get ready for the space turst Never mind me start all right.
Speaker 1: We will be back with you again, very very soon. Thanks for listening everybody, and that'll do it for us.
Speaker 2: See you next time.
Speaker 1: This League on Cutta is an iHeartRadio production Chris Haines and Mark Stein