Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm jin Staneveek along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move this week. We're joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melinda noura Is. Some big moves this week. You had a lot to choose from where did you land?
Speaker 4: Well, let's kick things off with some positive news. I'm looking at the biggest gainer in the SP five hundred this week. Come, I guess Intel, take your eye in.
Speaker 3: But I was only going to say it because I knew that that was going to be your first stock, So that would have been cheating, and I don't.
Speaker 5: Want to treat cheating. But hey, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 4: We could not stop talking about Intel this week, and of course we know that it's been in the news for quite a few weeks, but this week in particularly, what we were digging into is the fact that it had approached Apple about securing an investment. Particularly this should be, of course, to help bolster some of its efforts toward it being a bit you know, more competitive in this space right now, as we think about a lot of people betting on US made production. So, I mean they've wrecked up. What everything a stake from the government. It's a wild a lot going on here.
Speaker 3: You get a steak of Intel sat A stay, yeah, you just going around right, Yeah. But the point that has been made to us repeatedly by Ian King is that we you know, US taxpayers own a portion of this company. We're the third largest shareholder.
Speaker 6: Every time I do HDS security ownership on the Bloomberg terminal, it's a function and I see the US coming up.
Speaker 3: So it's wild odd, right, it's a little So does it become like a proxy for companies to invest like in Nvidia and perhaps Apple?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, right?
Speaker 5: Does this bring more license that we start seeing it expanding? So maybe even other sex.
Speaker 3: As a way to say, hey, I'm making investments in the US, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, we'll just have to see how all this progresses.
Speaker 6: It's a different way of supporting an industry, right, state sponsor. You know, you could do it through tax you could do it through you know, we've had remember the big infrastructure spend and money that went to the semi space.
Speaker 1: Like, there's different ways to do it, but this one is, you know.
Speaker 5: Particularly ever staying game twenty percent this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we talked to Peter Cheer about this on our program this week. I check out the podcast if you did not hear that station, and he made the point, and he made the point also on surveillance this week that this is whether or not you agree with the US government's role in taking stakes, that doesn't matter. That's not part of the conversation. He said, that's the world we live in, and that's what you need to get used to, and that's what you need to invest based on kind of.
Speaker 1: Don't fight the trade exactly, that's the trade.
Speaker 6: Hey, did you know the week before you said Intel up twenty percent for this week overall, It was up almost twenty three percent the week before.
Speaker 1: I mean, there you go on a tear. All right. Let's go to another big mover this week, CarMax.
Speaker 4: Carmacks on the downside here the worst performing SoC in the S and P five hundred this week, just about twenty three percent in this week alone. Of course, we know that this is after it reported weaker than expected results they were seeing a deepening strain in terms of the used car market. Interesting to me because I want to say, some weeks ago, Tim and I we were discussing the fact that it makes more sense, you would think, for consumers right now to go toward used cars over new ones, given rates and loans, all that good stuff. But apparently that is what is pressuring Carmacks in particular this week, as we were seeing Wall Street analysts and investors really just coming out and saying, hey, you know, this is not a good look right.
Speaker 1: Now, car to get a loan for a used car.
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you lollorry.
Speaker 3: But what I do find really saying about the Carmack story is the company executives came out and essentially said, this is Bill Nash, Carmacks's CEO. He said, borrows with better credit scores have been sitting on the sidelines. The consumer has been distressed for a while. The company pointed a fallout from President Trump's tariffs and rising distress among consumers.
Speaker 5: Still remain the story. No matter where you look, are.
Speaker 3: We going to hear that from company starting in October when when they report earnings, Because we we've heard kind of different things. Airlines say, hey, the consumer's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll have to see honestly, because I feel like, you know, even in the data, we're wondering, at what point will you actually see a large tariff impact? And we think about economic data, and of course, as we have an earning season ramping up, what is it next month already?
Speaker 3: Yeahah, next week, next week we're going to get Jeffries. Is that is Jeffrey's next week?
Speaker 1: Jeffreys next week? Right? Yeah, so you don't believe you Oh, Carnival next week two?
Speaker 4: Okay, so there we going in already, all right, gotta talk EA.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's finish things up with EA.
Speaker 4: This is Electronic Arts, and we did see some stuff that came through on this Friday. And essentially what we're looking at this company for is the fact that again twelve percent this week. This is after talks that it's going to be taken private by consortium. This is led by silver Lake Management as well as Saudi Arabia Is Public Investment Fund and Jerry Kushner's Affinity Partners. So I mean they say that the takeover could Electronic Arts could announce a deal as soon as next week. JP Morgan, here's the one working on a financing package for the buyers. But I mean, we do know that a lot of these gaming companies have been particularly pressured in recent months, so I mean, this is some really interesting news coming out when we think about a massive takeover like this.
Speaker 6: If it wasn't for the news late today, we would not be talking about it as one of the biggest gainers for the week.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.