Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Christy Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutcheson and Jess Navarrees.
Speaker 4: Welcome in to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, in the s TOBBC studio. I'm Nicole Hudson alongside Aasha Morrison, Jess Navarrees, and Christie Scales. His victory Friday, y'all, His victory Friday, the Cowboys moving to nine and three in the season after the big win over.
Speaker 1: The Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 5: It was not pretty.
Speaker 4: It was not easy for the Cowboys coming in clutch and getting it done down the stretch. So many a lot of people doubting this team whether or not they can finally get a win over a team with a winning record, But they seem to get off to a good start of getting that done. Christy, I first got to ask you this though, because the Cowboys were trailing actually for the first time this season at home, thirty five thirty with under five minutes to go. What was the atmosphere like because you were on the sidelines for that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know, it was one of resolve really on the sideline. And even though the defense had been torched basically through the first three quarters and most of the fourth, you know, they they stepped up and made the plays when they needed to, with those three stops on the fourth down plays late in the game. And you know, there's never any finger pointing or anything like that, and there's never any offense questioning the defense or vice versa, you know, like earlier in the season when it was the offense that was struggling. So yeah, it was really I mean they were tired, you know, I mean three games in twelve days is a lot physically and mentally. But when they needed to, they rose up. And that, I tell you, that did not feel like a football game.
Speaker 7: That was more like a ping pong match.
Speaker 6: It was there, yeah, and there and there, and the only interruptions were the yellow flags.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: Oh, but a lot of eruptions, Yeah what you're saying, Yeah, wow, But it.
Speaker 5: Was nineteen interruptions if you want to get business.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crazy, well in technically twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah total, but of course someone else were negated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, it was It was one of resolving confidence for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think what was interesting is to see how well the Seahawks fans traveled to this game. We're just talking about that, and you could hear them doing their little Seahawks chant after that field goal.
Speaker 5: I want to say it was third quarter.
Speaker 6: Oh really, well, they were doing it in the first quarter after that DK metcalf.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear it that at that point.
Speaker 3: At that point I was typing away on the computer. But in the third quarter, I was like, what, oh, yeah, what is going on in here? But what I did love. What I did love is to see the resilience from this team. And we talked about that word so much last season. What really gives me hope going forward for the stretch of the schedule that's coming up is that's a common reoccurring thing. We usually talk about that in terms of negative things like the run defense or the penalties that we've been talking about last season. The resilience is still there as well, and so that fight Ben but never break. Mentality from this team is again just going back to the culture that they've really adopted in the locker room with the coaching staff, and I think this game was definitely showing of what we had talked about that the Seahawks were gonna throw it all at Youtely you had to be ready for it. And look, I'm glad they had a game like this. It showed them a lot about themselves. And if there's one thing I do know about this group and this team is that they're going to take all these less in the next ten days and they're going to use it and utilize it going forward for next Sunday against the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your team grew up a lot.
Speaker 8: I felt like this game and when you look at I mean you just mentioned it, just they have a lot they can learn from this game. Micah said in the locker room that Seattle three else Mon scouted looks to them shout out to shout out to just talking about that, and you could feel their urgency, but also to I got to give a lot of credit to Pete Carroll and those gentlemen over there because that game plan, the way that they came out and really just went at it.
Speaker 1: The aggressiveness Gino Smith.
Speaker 8: One of the biggest grapes on him this seasons had been him holding the ball along That offensive line played pretty well for them, So definitely have to give credit to them and what they did. But as far as this Cowboys team, this is the best game of the season to me all the way around, just because of the way that they were tested and the different ways that they were tested.
Speaker 1: And how they had to respond.
Speaker 8: I think there's so much teach tape to take from this game, especially in the secondary where there was some miscommunication.
Speaker 1: There were some things going on back there.
Speaker 8: We saw Dan Quinn in the second half decide to let Stefan Gilmour.
Speaker 1: Travel with DK.
Speaker 8: They they found out some things about themselves and they adjusted on the fly. I feel like that's gonna be important moving forward and starting to get to this point where I have this belief that in the fourth quarter this team will deliver.
Speaker 1: They'll figure some things out, especially defensively. I mean to have.
Speaker 8: Three to end the game on three turnovers on downs and just to be that that firm and like, nah, this is it.
Speaker 1: We're trying to go ahead and end this game. You mentioned it.
Speaker 8: There is a lot of faith, it sounds like on the sideline between the defense and the offense and special teams to where they believe, Hey, we know you're gonna get a stop. We know that Dak Prescott's gonna go out and score. And so a lot of good things to take from this game, some things that this team's gonna be. There's good things to take away from it that technically was negative that they can use later on in the season. Some of the close call situations, some of the end game you know, timing situations and stuff that's gonna come in here and moving forward.
Speaker 1: So I'm very.
Speaker 8: Positive on this game despite some of the negatives, and we'll hopefully work from there. And I just think the penalties are what they are At this point, I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 4: I think we talk about how teams play the Cowboys like as their super Bowl and this was like the perfect going back to what Jess said, this was like the perfect example of that this team. The Seahawks had only three offensive touchdowns in the last four games, came in oh and two.
Speaker 1: Gino Smith played lights out. It was kind of shocking. Being mobile.
Speaker 4: He had an offensive line that played very well. But I think this Cowboys team, like y'all all said, they showed a lot of resilience. But this offense putting up four hundred and eleven yards of offense, it seems like these guys are clicking at the right time. Dak Prescott, of course getting guys involved again, eight different guys involved. Christy, I'll start with you, what are you liking about this offense in the way that they're clicking so far right down at this point of the season.
Speaker 6: I like that it's still Dak taking shots down the field that really the last month and a half of the season and when he's really been on this role and there was a lot of traffic around him and he was under duress early, but then I thought it was a little bit better. But he he just had another incredible game. And I'm still hoping that Michael Galluple be utilized more, show up more. But the rest of the receiving corps and Jake Ferguson what he's doing, you know, he's becoming he's becoming the reliable guy like Dalton Schultz had been for Dak Prescott. But I thought it was interesting when I talked earlier and we all mentioned the resolve and the resilience. It was interesting because you could tell that the offense knew that they that they had it because the way that Mike McCarthy some of the decisions, Now, oh.
Speaker 7: My good, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the the decision on whether to go for two or whether whether to go for it on fourth down instead of kicking the field goal, because we're like on Cowboys Radio, We're like, whoa, this doesn't work. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I you know, we probably would have gone the other way, but.
Speaker 6: You know, he had in his mind what he wanted to do in the faith that we were going to, you know, get the ball back and on offense.
Speaker 7: So I thought it was really interesting.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and kind of kind of piggybacking off of that this goodness, the Seahawks played a lot of zone, so it made Dak really have to be precise on his throws, and you saw a couple of overthrows by Yisha. As far as later in the game, he was pretty precise. What did you like about the way that, you know, really da kind of adjusted.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I mean, I'm glad that you mentioned the zone that they were playing, because I feel like it made a difference in the red zone and this Seahawks like, I don't get a twisted We.
Speaker 1: Talked about this.
Speaker 8: They got some players and those dbs really didn't make it easy for these Dallas receivers early on, like how the Cowboys still found ways to get it done, but specifically in the red zone. One thing about Seattle's defense, they have a lot of length, the crap tunne length, and when we talk about how small the red zone is, they're able to take up a lot of space. And so I felt like down there in the red zone they had to figure some things out. I would have liked to see the run game be a little bit more efficient down there.
Speaker 1: Because when a team is playing zone like that, guess.
Speaker 8: What that means that they don't have as many people in the box typically, So we should be able to take advantage of those opportunities they weren't able to.
Speaker 1: Another thing again, an improvement they're gonna have to make.
Speaker 8: And also try to figure out some zone beaters for the red zone.
Speaker 1: I think they have plenty.
Speaker 8: Of man beaters plenty, but that moving.
Speaker 1: Forward is important to me. They were four of eight yesterday.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna sit up here and just want about it because they were just consistently going down there and making something happen. But I believe they had to drive with them the two was it, Yes, yeah, yeah, what are.
Speaker 1: We doing here?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, Like, seriously, you should be able to punch it in there. That offensive line was playing well there, so some of the decision making, to your point, could have been a little bit better.
Speaker 1: And I know a lot of people was like, well with the past.
Speaker 8: You know, in the last minute and a half of the game, where you're giving Seattle the opportunity to first down, drains that clock and it's done for the most part.
Speaker 1: So again things to learn from.
Speaker 8: As far as the quarterback, he's playing at a super duper high level. He understands his protection, he understands where the pressure's coming from. He's able to evade it again using his legs.
Speaker 1: But he took a lot of hits early in the game.
Speaker 7: And it's such a physical.
Speaker 8: Game and I was looking at him. I was looking at him on the sideline and I was thinking to myself, I saw how dirty his jersey was.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, they done did it now?
Speaker 8: Because it listen, Dak when he can it's something about when he gets hit in the mouth, it's.
Speaker 1: Just something like wakes up in him. And he's always had that.
Speaker 8: But when he had that little that run to the outside with Tolbert running behind Tolbert the r P O and he kind of flexed on, Oh dude, I.
Speaker 6: Said, yeah, that's Jack Jak doesn't really do that, and it was it was Reek Woolen corner back and uh man, that was like I had the exact same reaction.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's on and it's the same thing with us.
Speaker 4: When Jamal Adams got in his face and then Jake Ferguson laid the game.
Speaker 5: Just because the way that he bounced back.
Speaker 3: Because as soon as I went to the locker room, I was asking.
Speaker 5: All about it. I was like, what was going on?
Speaker 3: And it does come down to Seattle was playing physical. And the thing is, from the guys I talked to last night, they knew that they knew going into it with their scouting report that this was going to be a physical game. However, it just there were some moments where it was like, oh goodness, when you.
Speaker 6: Go on you call it playing through the through the echo of the whistle.
Speaker 3: It was that was intense But what I did appreciate from this game, and I like that these guys play smart football because it's high emotions.
Speaker 5: When guys are hitting you hard and they're swinging and they're.
Speaker 3: Being physical, it does take that discipline to know when to step back and know when to not get another penalty thrown on you for unsportsmanlike conduct or personal foul or anything of that nature. So what I really like about this team is it shows the discipline that they're able to play with through these physical games that are testing them. And they're going to need that against Philadelphia next week because Philly is going to be very testy for this team. And so talking to some of the guys in the locker room, I was asking, like, what happened at this point, and what happened at this point? They said they they wanted the smoke, They got the smoke. And something that I really appreciate every single time, shout out to Tyler Battish because he was ready to fight for his guy. Jake Ferguson, and I talked to him after the game. I was like, what's going on and He's like, I was making sure Jake was okay.
Speaker 5: I saw him hit his head I was making sure he was good and.
Speaker 3: He's like, Nah, you don't touch Fergie like that. And just the way they rally together, even in those moments you're talking about Dak getting a little chirpy.
Speaker 5: They all follow Dak's lead and they all.
Speaker 3: Have that same mentality when they know it's time to turn it up like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody follows suit.
Speaker 3: And I think the perfect example of that was Jake Ferguson getting in that mindset.
Speaker 5: Saw Tyler Biattish doing it on the other side.
Speaker 3: As well, and so it's so interesting just to see how far this team has come in terms of being disciplined and smart football players, even when it's getting physical and chirpy on the other side as well.
Speaker 4: You said physical, and it's crazy because right on the screen over there, I can't see it obviously who's listening, But they showed one of the set Seattle Seahawks players getting a massage in the tent, so you can tell. I mean that game was physical and definitely gonna be.
Speaker 1: Aware on the body.
Speaker 4: If you had to choose, we'll break down this offense in the next break and defense in the last. But if you had to choose a player that stood out to you the most in Thursday night's game, who would it be?
Speaker 1: It was Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 8: For me, he is he's arrived and his I feel like his attitude it made a difference yesterday. It did Like like you said, we ain't seen that get in like nobody's face like that.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen him getting by his face like that.
Speaker 8: But his just his demeanor and his attitude, and if you go look at him and blocking chipping, I mean it carries over. And I feel like when you have a tight end that adding a tight end that can kind of do it all to your offense.
Speaker 1: It takes it up another notch.
Speaker 8: Like this is starting to become where he's a regular guy and he's dependable. I mean six six receptions on eight targets, he averaged twelve point eight yards a catch. I mean, like this is crazy. This is this is efficient football and he's.
Speaker 1: Helping out in big spots.
Speaker 8: But you know how I know Jake Ferguson must be showing something on film because look at how the Seattle defenders was working. They were trying, yeah, to out physical and they were trying to mister race many, but they were trying to let him.
Speaker 1: It was an effort to make him, make.
Speaker 8: Him understand that they were going at him, and he never backed down.
Speaker 5: I feel like he.
Speaker 1: Got better yesterday.
Speaker 8: I feel like he's he's really coming along and what he could do for this offense moving forward is going to be it's gonna be very helpful down the stretch. And to your point, Jess Dak said on the interview post game, he said, this brotherhood is strong, and he said it was such confidence and conviction and you can see that on the field.
Speaker 1: So that's my guy. Ferg. He stood out to me.
Speaker 3: All right, you gotta stay with me for this one, right, you gotta stay with me.
Speaker 5: Fred I was gonna go there, John Blaine.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing. In the first half, I wanted to make sure I got this right. He allowed five receptions for one hundred and thirty seven yards alone in the first half. He was targeted six times during that time. He also allowed that seventy three yarder to dk Met that.
Speaker 5: Just said hey, Seahawks are here.
Speaker 3: And then he was responsible for a massive DPI call which then again allowed Seattle to make that touchdown right before the half. Okay, sounds horrible, right.
Speaker 5: So Jess why is he standing out to you?
Speaker 3: Well, look at the resilience that he showed for a young second year player to not let that kind of first half determine the rest of his game. And he kept going at it knowing they were targeting him. They Gino Smith said, I'm gonna pick on the weaker guy. Yeah, I'm gonna try. I'm gonna try to bully you. You know what he did. He bullied the bully right back, and he said resilience. And what was so cool is to hear him talk after the game about how it wasn't anything but him just trying to play at that point. It didn't waiver his confidence, it didn't waiver what he was thinking. He just wanted to continue to keep playing and get better from the first half that he had.
Speaker 5: And guess what he did.
Speaker 3: He got the only interception, the only takeaway in that game for the DEFF, which was a momentum shift.
Speaker 1: Off instant score after that.
Speaker 3: But it did allow for Seattle to not put more points on the board, which.
Speaker 5: Would have come back to bite had they not.
Speaker 3: Scored at the Cowboys not scored back at the end of the game at that point. But the point is Deron Bland. I'm I'm appalled at some of the things I was saying about him last night, because you're talking about a guy who already broke an NFL record, still five more games to play, talking about a second year player who is able to continue to hold that kind of confidence after that kind.
Speaker 5: Of first half.
Speaker 1: Really, I need to humble.
Speaker 8: There's this odd need I've seen with sports fans alike is that it's you need you have to humble this player or this player needs to be humbled.
Speaker 1: And so with the a lot of.
Speaker 8: The comments with Dron Bland, they're like, oh, well, there it is now, and it's like, do y'all not understand what dB means and what it calls.
Speaker 5: For sure of the position.
Speaker 8: Also to DK, Metcalfe is hardly he might have had the best game of his season, number.
Speaker 1: One, big guy?
Speaker 5: Did we forget this different?
Speaker 10: Air?
Speaker 5: Faster? Way faster?
Speaker 8: And to add on to what you said, Mike, Mike McCarthy, Micah said something really good after the game. Again he said this, Matt like their wide receiver Cord.
Speaker 1: It's similar to the Eagles.
Speaker 8: This is good opportunity for them to get practice. But also to to add on to your part about dron Bland to stay confident when coach comes to you at the half and says, hey, we're gonna let Stefan travel with him, and to still you know, that takes a lot of getting your ego out the way and having a mental fortitude to go play on the side. He's not a customer to plan on the other side like that.
Speaker 1: So it also to me.
Speaker 8: Shows again what you're saying about him is his resilience and his ability to be coachable and to stay and to stay locked in. I really, I really think we still got us a heck of a player and he's so much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the coachable I'm glad that you use that word, because to me, that was the best moment last night was after on the sideline, after Jaron Bland got that interception and.
Speaker 7: He came to the side.
Speaker 6: Of course, well he went with his teammates and they go to the back of the end zone and post for the photos and stuff, of course, but by the time he's headed back up the sideline towards the bench area, excuse me, and Al Harris is there, the DB's coach to hug him, and it was just a little bit longer longer, stronger hug than just the normal quick bro hug, you know, and it's like, yeah, because you knew that to your point, he was talking to him at halftime probably, and so that's what really stood out to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what an adjustment though I thought I thought it was a heck of an adjustment to put stuff on Gilmour on him, And it's just another thing that you know, you look at and I do think that this secondary has to figure some things out, especially from the safety position. I've they to your point on that touchdown that DK had to I mean, Donov was there too. It was some some some things going on from the safety position. So I feel like they can, Like I said, there's a lot they can learn from this game, especially this secondary, who I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if they've been have they been tested like that yet?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 1: But it was kind of nice.
Speaker 6: But like Jordan Lewis stepping up the fourth quarter played he really did was just very impressive.
Speaker 1: It had to be and people's coming out party. Shoot. Now, that looked like the guy though he looked like the guy in.
Speaker 8: The draft, the rat runner, the playmaker, but George Lewis, those those two pvus I said, there's veil Crow.
Speaker 1: That's what they used to call him in college. Yeah, veil Crow isn't there.
Speaker 8: Veil Crow and he he came to play too. So we got some good play from your nickel corner as well. To finish that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got some good play from a lot of guys. We're gonna take our first break. You're watching girls talk, Boys talks. Ab By Jack saw the preferred dating partner. The Dallas Cowboys will be very back.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled of perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foujopia.
Speaker 1: Burgers better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 9: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, December ninth to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek.
Speaker 5: Take a tour of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Get autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni, play games, head out to the Miller Lite House and play on the field.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to get your photo.
Speaker 3: With Santa and missus Claus as well. Visit at and T Stadium dot com slash Rally Days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 4: Right, get your photo with Santa. Wasn't a picture perfect game yesterday?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 1: Cowboy Friday?
Speaker 7: Obviously Come on, jow.
Speaker 1: Nicole.
Speaker 5: You know I will always hype up right.
Speaker 4: Cowboys offense man on a roll. Another forty point game at AT and T Stadium to extend their home winning streak. Toteen wins, but Dak Prescott we touched on him a little bit in the first segment, but we've got to touch on this man right he's two hundred and ninety nine yards, three touchdowns, another game where he threw for more than three plus touchdowns game. But really, I think that it's finally come together for him. I feel like he's playing at his best. November football for him was probably his best in the past two three years. And so what did y'all like about the fact that he's Dak's playing with so much confidence. Is there anyone that can stop this guy right now?
Speaker 6: I like the way that he was able to move within the pocket because we mentioned earlier that he was under duress and to buy just enough time to get the pass off and continues to make good decisions and protect the ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I felt like he threw a lot of good balls yesterday, even some of the ones I think they had four drops.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his percentage should have been a little bit higher activated four drs.
Speaker 8: He's just seeing the field very well. One of the things that even even last year, sometimes teams would catch him, linebackers would catch him. And going up against Bobby Wagner and those guys loved how he took advantage.
Speaker 1: Of the matchups as well, because if he saw Jamal Adams and coverage. Yes, I'll lie that.
Speaker 8: Jake Ferguson, he was like, I know you're struggling and you're coming off an injury.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go at you.
Speaker 8: They went at Bobby Wagner in the passing games at time, and so for me, I just love that he's taking. He's taken what the matchups are showing him, and also to he I mean, obviously he's given the ball to CD Lamb, but there are role players in this offense too who matter. Because the pass to Kamante Turpin on third down was huge inside the red zone. Jaylen Tobert that were he strangled was crazy. When he escapes the sacks, still looks downfield and Jalen Tobert is there. I think, yes, absolutely, I think it's important that he still gets the role players involved in this. And I call them role players just because of how the game kind of trends, how things happen, and you know, Brandon Cooks, you know all this stuff, but I feel like those gentlemen are just as important. And he he reminded kind of reminds you of that, Like those big plays that they're making in those tough situations, he's trying to keep them engaged and that matters every reader. You don't want those guys checking out because they're not getting the ball or they're just blocking like crazy, because that's what jayaln Tobert is blocking his tail off.
Speaker 7: So I get and Michael Gallup.
Speaker 8: To absolutely yeah for the power run to the outside.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: So I feel like, obviously you mentioned it, Nicole, he has a lot of control over this offense. You heard him audibling and doing some things at the line of scrimmage as well.
Speaker 1: And the knock on him has always been I don't know how he does against son defense, and he's just been rocking it this year.
Speaker 8: So just see the complete and total package of like, if you're gonna beat him, you're gonna have to beat him straight up. And even so, he took sax yesterday and still was efficient. So it's gonna be tough on defenses to figure out because you really, right now, it's difficult to fool him. And I believe that's the like uptick because that's the uptick in this game because a lot of people are gonna say, well, we don't know if we can go men and men with your receivers with Brandon Cooks and CD Lamb on the outside, especially for now, some teams are probably gonna try to play more zone and the fact that he can beat it consistently and he's showing that it opens up a whole nother round for this offense. And I just think that him playing at this level makes the whole playbook available. And that's that's when you're cooking with gas. When you're going into the playoffs. Is there's no limitations?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh yeah. The dude is playing some great ball right now.
Speaker 8: So it's it's gonna be fun about to This is a fun part of the year. Man Like, starting with yesterday, we're finding out a lot about this team.
Speaker 7: Everything's been an appetizer to this point.
Speaker 1: It's about to getting limb.
Speaker 5: I haven't either. I was greedy and we have not the want.
Speaker 7: Some eminems on the training table.
Speaker 1: Hands y'all really.
Speaker 9: Questions, Wet Snack.
Speaker 5: You talked about role players.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you are fine players.
Speaker 4: And Michael Gallup and a lot of those guys not taking plays off because they're not getting the ball, and Dak obviously with great ball distribution. But the guys that are playing those roles, how do you feel like they've accepted that are come to I guess more acceptance of that over the past.
Speaker 1: Couple of games.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you got to, Well that's yeah, that's they're not going to be around if they don't, you don't. But also it goes to the character of the locker room and and and to this is Jason Garrett phrase, but finding finding the right guys right too.
Speaker 9: And so.
Speaker 6: But what a Yushua was saying before about, you know, making sure you get the way Dak is involving them in the offense.
Speaker 7: You have to reward the players that do the dirty work.
Speaker 1: Say it, yeah you've got to or they check out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you and maybe not necessarily check out, but just some some may eventually over time. But you know, every every the players know and the coaches know, right, Fans, media we you know, unless you're really able to study film or if you're in a locker room, you you know, they know who the key core guys are, right, And so that's that's what's fun about being on the sideline is to see the way the guys interact with each other. And so when the hard workers like that get the payoff. You see the way that coaches and players come up to them, you know, yeah, the previous week so and that was a splashy play, right, I mean that led every sports center and every sports highlight, but just some of the it may not seem like a huge play an eight yard or whatever.
Speaker 7: But the players know.
Speaker 3: It's also one of those for the greater good scenarios where.
Speaker 5: These guys know. And it's so funny.
Speaker 3: It goes back to Carpe omnia of seizing everything. You seize everything in the moment.
Speaker 5: You have to seize it.
Speaker 3: You don't necessarily chase it or you don't ask for it. You do it when your number is called. And so I think this team does a fantastic job of understanding how stacked the room is and whether it be wide receivers or tight ends. They understand that, and they're not jealous or unhappy for their brother. They genuinely are happy to see their brother next to them succeeding because they also know the greater goal that they're trying to work towards right now. And it's not hey, I want to have this many receptions.
Speaker 5: No, it's greater than that.
Speaker 3: It's we have an over three decade streak to break here by trying to win. This team of championship. I mean they will talk about it NonStop every week, go in the locker room. Not I can't recall one week this year that not one player has not mentioned going to the Super Bowl. I mean it's on a consistent basis. They are talking about it. Really, they're manifesting it. There's law of attraction manifesting us fair. It's we know, we have to take this week serious because we want to keep playing in the postseason. Yeah, they have to have that mindset.
Speaker 5: I'd be worried if they didn't. I would be worried if they were like, eh, it's whatever.
Speaker 3: They're not lacksa daisical and they're happy for each other and they're playing as a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's urgency. There's urgency there to your point.
Speaker 8: And those the gentlemen that we're talking about, like the Turpins, the Tollbirds, the Michael Gallops of the Rico Daddles, Listen, they're gonna be needed. And that was another thing too, is like them not because there's such thing as getting cold is when you're not getting the book, the ball's not touching your hands and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So again, when you talk about Dak Prescott and the involvement of this offense. But you also too, I think they saw in this game.
Speaker 8: It's attracted me a bit, so we got to get the playmaker of the ball was ceedee Lamb was targeted with sixteen times.
Speaker 1: How many times he's targeted yesterday seventeen times twelve.
Speaker 8: Twelve receptions on seventeen targets, So that lets you know also too, some games are gonna be like that where it's like, we have to get this guy the ball consistently, and he.
Speaker 1: Was out there cooking.
Speaker 8: So yeah, there's again there's a lot of positives to take. I felt like Tony Pollard people like again, you can go look at the three point four yards of carry, yo.
Speaker 1: He had some tough runs yesterday. Tough runs yesterday. You can see him.
Speaker 8: I just feel like he's, yeah, it's clicking, it's clicking for him. But also too, I do think it's contingent of this offensive line playing better football, and those duo and combo blocks are really paying dividends for them starting.
Speaker 1: To open up some things.
Speaker 8: They attacked the edges so much later than what I would have maybe anticipated. But I will say I get what they saw on film because last week, uh, the forty nine ers had a lot of success running up the middle with Seattle, so I think Dallas.
Speaker 6: Saw they wanted to Were they doing something differently against Dallas than they did against could you tell?
Speaker 7: And again didn't probably have enough wat.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch a little bit more. I have to watch after we watch a little bit more.
Speaker 8: But I will say I was I was surprised that they started bouncing to the edges towards the you know, end of the game, and not to start the game, because to me, that's where now. I do think they might have respected how their dbs came up and tackled, because that.
Speaker 7: Plays a lot in their very physical corner.
Speaker 8: So maybe they didn't want maybe they didn't want our guys getting crammed on a lake of but and so they decided to do it late. But really, Tony Pollard, we've been talking about him all year, and I feel like he's starting to hit his stride and you're seeing him run with a lot of power, dipping his shoulder. What he did in pass pro again so impressive.
Speaker 1: How he's just.
Speaker 8: Willing to sacrifice his body in that way. And I was just watching him. I was watching him.
Speaker 1: He had Dak had to play.
Speaker 8: I think the CD in the flats, and he just had a fantastic block, like where he's flat on.
Speaker 1: The ground, he kind of flipped, he's flat on the ground and.
Speaker 8: He just he'll do whatever he needs to do to protect his quarterback. And I thought that was really dope to see from him. This offensive line is playing better football too.
Speaker 1: They gave up some sacks.
Speaker 8: That pocket was collapsing quite a bit to start that game, but they started figuring some things.
Speaker 1: Out later on.
Speaker 8: But I also put that one gentleman though, the Brooks Brooks.
Speaker 1: Brooks going out.
Speaker 6: Kind of helped him out a bit because yeah, he's he played well.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's a player, He's a player, and so yeah, this offensive line did what they needed to do far better in the second half.
Speaker 1: As you said, Christy, I felt like they played better football and they were able to run the ball effectively.
Speaker 6: And that's when Brooks was out because he got hurt late in the second quarter and didn't return.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well, the.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys with their ninth win of the season. We're gonna talk about this defense coming up.
Speaker 7: In the next break.
Speaker 1: You're watching Girls Talk, Boys Talk.
Speaker 4: Person by Jigsaw, the preferred Dating Partner of the Dallas Cowboys will be right.
Speaker 1: Back at Jigsaw Dating.
Speaker 9: We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 10: It's the crisp crunch, that first nat shoe chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 5: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 10: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolutely no nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool Petsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 1: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to prove a point to Jazzy back there, Sean Polite is your twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, and now he needs your help. Vote for Sean to be given the ultimate title of NFL Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan by casting your vote at NFL dot com slash Fan at the Year.
Speaker 5: Go vote for our guy, Sean. Please and thanks, please and thanks.
Speaker 1: I ain't got a transition. I'm not even a lot to you.
Speaker 4: All the Cowboys get with the win or the Sea Hawks Jesus Christ. I love to say the forty getting the win over the Seahawks, and this defense really struggled throughout the entire game, but held held the Seahawks shut them down the last three possessions.
Speaker 1: As far as his defense, we got to talk about.
Speaker 4: Micah with that game ceiling pressure on Geno Smith.
Speaker 1: How big was that? I mean, you were on the sideline.
Speaker 6: I feel just oh yeah, yeah, Well someone needed de rise to the occasion.
Speaker 7: Jordan Lewis had done it earlier. We had mentioned about that.
Speaker 6: I think DeMarcus Lawrence really showed up, particularly with big plays in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 7: But when they needed it, Micah came through.
Speaker 6: And so some people would say it's a quiet game for him until that point, just because he didn't pile up a lot of stats, but he was still affecting things and that was just a heck of a play. I think the biggest thing with the defense yesterday was the giving up the big plays. Obviously and Deron Bland we talked about him earlier getting toasted by Metcalf, but just the inability to get off on third downs, allowing two thirds of third down conversions. I mean, the Seahawks just were able to sustain those drives. So that has to tighten up because you cannot allow those sustained drives, you have to do better on third down.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad the run defense is not going to be a topic of conversation anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they defended the run will it was great.
Speaker 3: But it goes back to what we said earlier in the week was there's two ways that the Seahawks offense could find success against the Cowboys defense.
Speaker 5: Test the run defense, which they tried to do, weren't.
Speaker 3: Successful at big explosive, explosive chunk plays down the field.
Speaker 5: That was killer. But what I do like is the in game adjustments.
Speaker 3: You usually hear oh halftime adjustments. Nope, what we see time and time again appreciate so much of Dan Quinn as.
Speaker 5: He doesn't wait until halftime.
Speaker 3: He's making those adjustments right then and there to make sure that you're not going into halftime getting beat, because at that point, you're not setting yourself up for success coming out of the half if you're waiting until then to start adjusting. Marquis Bell played one heck of a game. He was flying all over the place given everything he had. I mean he was sidelined a sideline throughout that game.
Speaker 5: OSA, I thought, I.
Speaker 3: Had a pretty fantastic, really well big physical guy.
Speaker 5: And then Jonathan Hankins.
Speaker 8: What another set Hank, big hay dog, never little doubt, big hank.
Speaker 1: And a half three three, three sacks and two might be doun high.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, just excited for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, really, you're talking about a guy that I was just talking about this in the press box after he had that sack. Was this is a guy I remember being on this podcast for and I Usha was given the the sales speech to Jerry Joe about making sure he was signed again for this season because you saw what an impact he could have last year. And you're seeing a guy now that's just so fully confident in this scheme. The guys around him, and he's just such a mentor for guys like Mazie and really that younger group.
Speaker 5: So for me, it's really cool.
Speaker 3: To see how much he's grown and gotten better. And I think that's something so special and under talked about when it comes to the Cowboys overall, is they take these veteran players and they polish them up and they redefine how good they really can be. Seeing that with hank You see that with Tank sorry to mess up the rhymes, see it with Dak. Just the ability to continue to make players better as they get older is such a special and unique quality of this coaching stuff, and I think Jonathan Hankins is a perfect example of that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, one of the big reasons why this secondary struggle man was because this defensive line, although they got a lot of pressure on next gen stats showed that they Gino Lo Smith was pressured fifty four point five percent of his dropbacks.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 8: That's insane, But it just speaks to again number one, how quickly they got the ball out and which is again improvement by Gino. But then also too that this defensive line just didn't get home as much as what they would have wanted to, and I felt like that was the difference in the game because a lot of his throws were so last minute, like on the money and just he just made some crazy, tough throws. They found a way to generate pressure towards the end of the game, but their lack of pressure, well I can't even say pressure, because they got pressure, but their lack of getting getting home was really the deciding factor in this game. I expected for the Abe Lucas. Abraham Lucas coming back for them just seemed like it really stabilized this offensive line.
Speaker 1: In a way that I didn't expect.
Speaker 7: But he was out of the game fairly. He was exactly Jason Peters.
Speaker 1: And then Jason Peters came in, so Lucas fin.
Speaker 7: Lucas finished the game. Yes, Peters couldn't finish it, but yeah, they got a boost.
Speaker 8: It was just absolutely and I was just so I just it's so weird to me. I cannot put my finger on it. Why I look at these offensive lines. I study them very in depth.
Speaker 1: A lot of people do.
Speaker 8: And he'd be like, Oh, there's a weakness there, there's a weakness there, and then they play the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: There's no holes and I'm wrong with them. They find they hold it. And to your point, yes, there were some outs, gun scouted looks. I'm sure there were some things we're doing. I'm gonna go back and look today, but it's just was like.
Speaker 8: They definitely they made some serious adjustments on that offensive side and pass protection. Gino getting the ball out quickly, and that was the difference. To me, why this secondary struggled the way that they did in this game is because they got the ball out quick. They were efficient and I don't know they the Cowboys just weren't able to get home as much as they would have liked to. I think they would have shaken up Gino a lot more.
Speaker 1: Was he set once they said that got sacked.
Speaker 5: I mean there were quarterback hits.
Speaker 3: There were six quarterback hits throughout the game, three from Micah, one from Damon, one from Hank, and then one from Ocean.
Speaker 4: But they only gave up one sack. That allow thirteen in the last three games.
Speaker 3: It's just but it also to start back like their playoff contention matter. It did that last night's loss for the Seahawks puts them behind in playoff contention, and it's not.
Speaker 5: Good for them.
Speaker 1: I do want to talk about this defensive line.
Speaker 8: For the love of muffins, somebody the off sides, the neutral zone in fraction. This is to a point to where I get your antsy, I get your eager. But when guys, and this is what I learned, what I learned, especially with off sides, when guys started doing that stuff, they it's it's to me, it shows us a little lack of confidence in being able to go win. And I know that they're antsy and they're eager, but you can't do that. And as many times as it's happened, I mean there's offside calls almost every and you're giving this team. You're giving teams free plays, which the refs hate, but you're giving teams other opportunities to stay on the field.
Speaker 1: How many times did we see a.
Speaker 8: Penalty keep the Seahawks on the field this defense? It wasn't even when you look at some of the mistakes they made, they could have overcome them if they didn't have the penalties in a lot of situations.
Speaker 1: So again I understand this crew.
Speaker 8: They were trying to make sure they wives, an aunties and cousins seen them. But at the same time, this defense has to be more disciplined in these moments because you have an offense that can go take the game. They can go do it, but they put themselves in a tough spot in the second half to have to overcome things. They gotta be smarter in these games. You need to know where you're lining up. You're too grown, you're too grown, You've been playing this game too long. You need to know where you're lying. So I want to know if it's a discussion of them double triple quadruple checking where the line is, because sometimes I understand that it is some communication stuff with the umpire and no one where the balls being lined up, whatever the case may be. But these neutrals on infractions, these jumping off sides and stuff encroachment unacceptable from this defensive line.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: These are veteran players, these are not rookies in a preseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unacceptable, it really is.
Speaker 6: And so it'll be interesting because well Dan Quinn is going to speak on Monday, and so that'll be a question to ask about what what do you do? I mean, you can say it till you're billow in the face, but what do you do do you sit them down?
Speaker 5: I mean, at that point, you can't can you need to win?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Also crazy interesting is I don't know how I feel so disappointed myself for not seeing this before the game and talking about this this week.
Speaker 5: Seattle in Dallas top two most penalties.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, eighty two eighty two penalties each reputation mutation.
Speaker 3: But here's ninety one against Seattle total. They lead the league in most mountain penalties and ninety for the Cowboys. But I think the issue is exactly what you're talking about, the pre snat penalties, because the DPI is yesterday it was going on both sides, the questionable, it was going off both sides. I'm not even upset about those teams can complain at that point.
Speaker 5: I'm not kidding when I say I was in the press box. I was like, oh, there they go. Oh there it goes again.
Speaker 3: I mean it was predictable at that point, right, because you knew the kind of game that was being called.
Speaker 5: It's the pre snat penalties that it's.
Speaker 3: It's hard to ignore because when you're talking about the next couple of weeks of games that tange that this team has to face, specifically the Eagles, you cannot lose because of self inflicted wounds that you're doing to yourself. So you asked earlier, what who can defeat Dak Prescott. This doesn't have anything to do with Dak, But you know who can defeat the Dallas Coatboys at this point themselves? And they did it with the presnat penalties. They've done it all season. I know you guys are sick of hearing me say it. This dates back to even last season. We were talking about it. So something's got to get because they cannot allow deja vu to happen the same mistakes allow them.
Speaker 5: To go down to themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nine penalties for one hundred and twenty seven yards, seven of them in just the first half a long Okay, they gotta clean that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really looking at yes, DQ go. You gotta get your guys in order, man, Like this is this is not it's not okay.
Speaker 8: And when you talk about Philly just coming up, and I know we're maybe talking too far ahead, but you the best thing with that team is to keep them behind sticks. Oh yeah, deep behind sticks. And if you're doing things like this, it's not okay.
Speaker 1: It's not all right.
Speaker 6: And usually the line judge and down judge those are the officials that are on either side of the line of scrimmage generally will warn the players, you know, And so there's no way that it should happen more than once in a game, right, you know, any silent.
Speaker 1: Count what you said, it was a lot of Seattle fans. Is it loud enough in there to where they would maybe?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't loud enough, but it was noticeable that there were fans there. It wasn't any louder than any other home game in my opinion for traveling fans. I was just wondering, like the thing, Well, the momentum show.
Speaker 6: So when the Cowboys defense, that's when it's really loud because the home team home crowd's trying to make it loud for the visitors to Seattle. But that's why they they actually practiced with the crowd noise when defense is out there and the week going into the home game.
Speaker 5: To be fair, though, there were a.
Speaker 3: Couple offensive drives though, and this is when I noticed how well the Seattle fans traveled because I could hear them the offenses on the field, and I was like, why.
Speaker 5: You guys cheering? What's going on?
Speaker 3: And then I look around and there's all this lime green standing up and it's like they can't miss it.
Speaker 6: It's like in a front to the retina. It's like, oh, it's just they call it action green, one of that thing whatever.
Speaker 5: It's ugly.
Speaker 7: This is this is true scientific fact.
Speaker 6: I don't want to go all NASA on everyone, but when you like, when the astronauts are in outer space, like say they and they're in the International Space Station and they look down on the Earth, there are only two man made objects that can be seen with the naked eye from space. So there's the Great Wall of China, right, they look down, they can see the Great Wall of China. And the second is that awful lime green outfit of the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: So it's awful weak. Now it's beful. I did not expect for you to say that at all. Awful. I was not expected.
Speaker 7: It's science. I'm sorry, folks, irrefutable.
Speaker 1: They are kind of bad.
Speaker 8: Did anybody ask Brian Anger how he enjoyed his day off?
Speaker 7: Hey, so zero punt's amazing.
Speaker 6: He was on the field for seven plays, all of them holding for field goals or pats. And then Michael Dixon, who's a really good punter for Seattle.
Speaker 1: He was on the play.
Speaker 7: He was on the field for six plays as a holder for their extra points and for.
Speaker 1: The Philly game.
Speaker 6: But it's so funny because well before the game, I was talking with John Fossil and he's so excited because it's like, man, this is both of these guys.
Speaker 7: They're such great punters. This is gonna be, this is gonna No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I was too.
Speaker 6: It's like, this is gonna be just a just a showcase for these punters. And then there was not a single.
Speaker 3: Puntky, Well, are the punts in the room with us?
Speaker 5: Not nowhere?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 5: Are you not in a stadium last night?
Speaker 8: Either?
Speaker 1: You can go start a field position. You get start, You get start and field position.
Speaker 4: All right, ladies, that is a rap for today on Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig Saw, the part of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: We'll see y'all on Monday.
Speaker 2: What This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 10: He