Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty, I know he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: So Trump had a press conference or around the plane crash for some reason I don't think he needed to. And then he said the pilot, the people on the plane should have seen that, the people on the helicopter should have been able to see that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is that?
Speaker 3: I just there's no need for that. And he's one of his great sins is that he just doesn't know when to not talk.
Speaker 1: But well, he weighed in on everything his whole life, and people ate it up. But when you're president, you probably don't need to weigh in on what the pilots of the helicopter should have done hours after a crash when you don't really know much.
Speaker 2: And even if you're right, why say it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he did rip Obama and Biden for hiring unqualified FAA employees during the whole DEI thing, and there might be some truth to that, so we'll see if you can connect the dots on that. But just in general, why so much coverage of this I was surprised that The Today Show and Good Morning American and all those kind of things broke into their coverage and went live on every tidbit around this story.
Speaker 2: Those are very lucrative shows.
Speaker 1: And just our fascination with plane crashes has always been where it's so unlikely, like the least likely thing that's gonna happen to you in your life.
Speaker 2: Practically, that's why it's exciting. I think that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Everybody always says that I've said that because it's because it's so.
Speaker 2: Rare that it's so but why, I'm not sure. I get that.
Speaker 1: What's even more rare If a meteor hit a guy in a head, you wouldn't have wall to wall coverage on a meteor just killed this guy.
Speaker 3: You would if it was in Washington, DC or Manhattan. I think that's part of it. Number One, in one of the great media centers. Number Two, they have great video that rules everything, the significance or how important it is to people's lives or what's best for the sacred union. That doesn't mean anything to TV producers. If it bleeds, it leads, If there's fire, it goes higher. If there's death, it's like it hit a mess. I made that one up. But they have great video and a lot of people are dead. That's just it's catnet for them. Number of people.
Speaker 1: So one guy getting hit with a meteor wouldn't matter because single engine planes crashing don't make news either, so it'd be a number five. So if a meteor came out of the sky and hit a greyhound bus with sixty people and it killed them all, I still wouldn't get this kind of coverage.
Speaker 2: I don't think it would be at the end of the moon that about plane crashes that fascinate people. Yes, and I've never quite grasped it. AnyWho, Well, I know all.
Speaker 3: I need to know until the investigation's done. At this point, I don't need never ending videotape in repeating over and over that those who may have survived the crash drowned in the river.
Speaker 2: I get it. Let's move on. What else is happening, right.
Speaker 1: And as you mentioned earlier in the program, there's a lot of news going on, So it's not a particularly good day to jump all over one story that doesn't have any new news when there are so many things actually happening. And we'll get back to some of the highlights from the hearings that are going on. Something cash Pattel, guy, you think he's going to end up being FBI director? What was your odds? Ten thousand dollars? Really so something big? He said around the January sixth Pardons. That's pretty dang big news. We'll get to that later this hour.
Speaker 2: Jd. Vance was on Hannity last night.
Speaker 1: They kind of had a friendly conversation that wasn't hardcore politics.
Speaker 2: For instance, this all.
Speaker 4: Right, hasn't sunk in yet? Hillbilly Elogy yep? Now the vice president of the United States of America. Yeah, it's kind of crazy. You know, it hasn't sunk in.
Speaker 5: And you know, I joke that I took two wrong turns and I ended up a hallway down from the Oval Office.
Speaker 4: And it's just an incredible thing. You know.
Speaker 5: The first time I'd ever actually been to the Oval Office was with President Trump as his vice president last Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Had never been to the Oval Office.
Speaker 5: The Oval Office just has a particular power and I certainly felt it, and it was just.
Speaker 4: Amazing to stand in that room.
Speaker 5: And I remember at the time thinking I wish that I had something profound to say and I just stood in there saying, wow, this is crazy right.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that because it's one of Clinton's from the Clinton Orbit, one of his advisors.
Speaker 2: He's on TV all the time anyway.
Speaker 1: He said, if you don't have a little bit of imposter syndrome when you walk into the White House or the Oval Office, there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 2: And I was glad to hear JD. Vansfields that way. Yeah, I'll bet Trump didn't though I'll bet Trump doesn't where I belong. I should be here. This place is a dump anywhere JD. Vans goes on.
Speaker 4: So we're just a mid conversation.
Speaker 5: I think we were with Senator Thun and Speaker Johnson, and he had this sort of beautiful ornate wooden box on his desk with a red button and he presses it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he just kind of looks over at me and I'm like, sir, is that something bad? Just that Yeah, And he's like, no, I just ordered a diet coke. That's literally it's a diet cop Oh.
Speaker 1: So he's like, did you press the red button? Like we've attacked the Soviet Union? No, I pressed the diet coke red button, different red button. Got to keep them straight, very important.
Speaker 3: I would have a like pre nighttime button, which would probably be an Arnold Palmer. That would be my soft drinking choice half iced tea, half lemonade.
Speaker 1: I only drink water. I might have a pizza button. Slice of pizza on a on a paper plate. I needed, but that big slice of the cheese pizza.
Speaker 2: Please right away, mister president. Sir, by the way, how the hell did you get it like that?
Speaker 3: Then I would have a plaid button for like after eight thirty and I would touch in it.
Speaker 2: They'd bring me a nice scotch.
Speaker 1: Well, I've noticed so far there's a theme to your buttons. That beverage button liked like Trump. Hass Okay, you just don't want a childish beverages like a diet cot grown up but like know me j buttons huh real, real, real men, what I just drawn tea.
Speaker 2: I had one more thing to say about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that is kind of interesting that Jade Advance had never been in the Oval Office till he goes down there to see the president as vice president, whereas a guy like Joe Biden had been in the Oval Office maybe a thousand times in his career.
Speaker 2: Through various administrations.
Speaker 3: A lot, certainly hundreds and presidents of both parties couldn't wait till he.
Speaker 2: Left, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, this gets into some of the actual governing and what he sees with Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Doesn't just ask like you know, his closest advisor or some policy person.
Speaker 4: You know, it's gonn affect a business.
Speaker 2: He'll call the.
Speaker 5: Business to CEO, so he'll go and try to talk to the workers. He tries to take inputs from everywhere. And I think it's one of the reasons why he's so in tune with where the American people actually are.
Speaker 4: And that's something, honestly.
Speaker 5: I could write a book just about the way that he gathers information from all sources.
Speaker 4: And it's very unusual. I mean, Washington.
Speaker 5: Most politicians, you know, they'll if it's a national security issue, they'll talk to their national security person and maybe you know, somebody else in their office. If it's a business issue, maybe they'll talk to a CEO. The President talks to everybody, and that's a very very profound thing about the way that he actually operates in Washington.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw that Bill Gates interview, I think it was in the Wall Street Journal a couple of weeks ago, because Bill Gates met with Trump down in mar A Lago, talking about how amazed he was at how widely informed. I was about to say red, but I think Trump mostly talks to people and watches stuff, which is a fine way to get information. Bill Gates was amazed at how widely informed Trump was on a whole bunch of issues that he brought up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't doubt it.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt either.
Speaker 3: You know, I got to take what jd Vance says with a grain of salt because he's the man's veep and he ought to be, you know, loyal and be on the team. But there's absolutely zero question that Trump is the world's least elitist elitist. His understanding of basic working people in their needs and priorities is it's truly impressive. And if you want to run down some of his faults, but it's like the best I've seen.
Speaker 2: Clinton was incredible at that too. You know what part of that is?
Speaker 1: I wonder, because we've had this in our careers. If you're able to climb certain ladders, you get up to the higher on the ladder, and you look around and realize these people aren't nearly as impressive as I thought they were.
Speaker 2: I thought they'd be. Yeah, you thought they would be.
Speaker 1: And Trump has probably had that his whole wife, and so he's willing to ask, you know, the cook in the kitchen a question about something and take their word for it as somebody who's got a title of some sort.
Speaker 3: And I still say that Trump during his formative decades as a developer, he famously spent a lot of time on job sites and I can absolutely picture him talking to a foreman and thinking that guy's rock solid. I would trust him with anything. He's a guy can count on, and then running into the high flying elite of New York or government and thinking these people are slippery Putts's I can't trust him for a single second, and recognizing because he had to for the success of his business, it's not your station that dictates how much respect you ought to have or how you that much he can be counted on at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I, you know, always wondering how much of our audience can handle flattery of Trump and criticism of Trump, you know, in the same segment either side of it, Like I think he had no freaking business whatsoever as President of the United States going on TV today and saying they've made it. They screwed up on that helicopter. They should have been looking at the window.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about, dude? What the hell?
Speaker 1: He waited on it, like right after the crash last night with the same stuff in a tweet, like, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: Looking out the window?
Speaker 3: Anybody you can't figure that out on their own is in a coma and they can't hear you, sir, nobody needs you to tell us that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm sure the family.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the families of the soldiers that are dead on the helicopter are pleased with that too. Yeah, they didn't do it on purpose. It was a mistake of some sort. Anyway, back to policy. Jd Evan's talking about the rounding up of all these criminal illegals, and now you know, we knew where they were and knew who they were for a long time.
Speaker 4: He asked, what is shocking to me.
Speaker 5: It's that many of these violent criminals, we knew their addresses, we knew their names. We just needed to send somebody, got to go to their house and get them.
Speaker 4: The hell out of the country. That really should shock the American people.
Speaker 5: Have known, we've known where they are exactly exactly, and we known they've had terroritized We've known at least that they had violent criminal backgrounds, and we haven't done anything until Donald Trump became the president of the United States. Again, it really should shock the conscience of the American people.
Speaker 1: It should be and it should be spelled out more clearly on your mainstream evening newscasts. This person they just arrested, We knew for the past year, two years, five years, whatever, they're a child rapist and they're here illegally and they lived over there, yes, and nobody did anything about it.
Speaker 3: Does that still occasionally run across people who say, how can you vote for Trump?
Speaker 2: How can you not understand this?
Speaker 3: For all of his flaws, he is fixing these gigantgantic, insane problems that progressives have brought us.
Speaker 2: Will take the flaws. Let's root out the DEI.
Speaker 3: Let's quit in doctrinating children, Let's boot out illegal immigrant child rapists.
Speaker 2: How can you not get that cash?
Speaker 1: Pattel flips script on dem senator after being grilled on J six pardons. Yeah, he did own him though did he own him? I hope somebody clapped back. Boy, If nobody clapped back, I'm gonna be highly disappointed. We'll have some of that testimony coming up.
Speaker 6: British woman recently said a Guinness World record by finishing an ice marathon in less than five hours while wearing a polar bear costume. It bein't the previous record of no one's ever done that?
Speaker 4: Did I get the record?
Speaker 2: Of course you did. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Seth Myers was a big fan of Norm McDonald, and that is a Norm MacDonald joke right there.
Speaker 3: The way that's worded, well, that reminds me. It's one of my favorite weird experiences. And it's hard to explain exactly why it was so delightful. But when we were walking back and forth to the convention hall in Milwaukee this past summer, and we walked going in opposite directions on the sidewalk, walked past these climate protesters who were clearly not pleased to be there and weren't really enthusiastic about their work. But they were walking around with their polar bear costume that they were going to don to make some vague point about climate change. And the guy walking around with walking by with the big polar bear head under his arm, looking miserable, like anybody going off to their crop, crappy job, not to day. It was your day, another friggin day. We're in the polar bear head in the heat.
Speaker 2: To make some point about climate change. I guess they all just looks so miserable anyway.
Speaker 3: A couple of stories from the world of health. This is interesting, and I've my mom used to talk about this. God Rest your soul. And I remember in college how like finals week, everybody would get sick either that week or after it or whatever.
Speaker 2: And what was it? Working too art, staining up too late? What was it?
Speaker 3: Scientists are getting more are getting closer to understanding how psychological stress hijacks the body's immune defenses. And they're talking specifically about allergies and skin diseases here, but it applies to a lot of different things. Psychological stress impairs specialized immune cells and called microphages by making them forget quote unquote how to clean up certain scales cells in the skin, leading to worse allergy symptoms that can persist for up to a week after the stressful event. Researchers discover the stress hormones again, with the hormones underappreciated create a kind of cellular memory and immune cells, offering the first molecular explanation for why stress can worsen allergic skin conditions like ezema after stress.
Speaker 1: That it's interesting and I remember the same experience too, final as week at getting sick. It's interesting that a moderate level of stress does this and it breaks down our immune system and we get sick. But people were under tremendous stress their body goes into some sort of Superman mode. Because I've seen this, I've known people who have done this scene this before, Like a guy who was taking care of his wife when she was like at the end of her life, and he was taking care of her all the time, and then she died and he immediately is in the hospital. Was some sort of liver disease thing that his body had been completely ignoring the whole time because he was needed. I mean, he was in a very stressful and I've heard of that sort of thing before.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, really interesting. Moving along quickly, the ability to detect spoiled food, which is a particular interest, probably to Katie.
Speaker 2: You had no such thing to me. Cold enough, hot enough you keep eating it.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Katie got some funk it I can yesterday and it made her sick. But this electric tongue can taste spoiled milk before a humans can, or do I get one of these?
Speaker 2: I tell you what.
Speaker 3: You give the old lady the electric tongue, It'll make a bigger young again.
Speaker 2: Huh. Now I bring up this story, I nearly use the term electric tongue. Sure can I plug it into my cigarette lighter? Bring it in the car.
Speaker 7: Don't.
Speaker 3: It'll distract you while you're driving. You're liable to have a fatal wreck. They're detecting spoiled food electronically.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: But you get to say electric tongue. And then finally, major new study shows that sedentary work is linked to about a forty percent increase in insomnia symptoms. The problem being eighty percent of the workforce has does sedentary work, non physically demanding work.
Speaker 2: And I found one that's battery powered. I can take it hiking.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh boy, I'm not going to look in your tent nikes.
Speaker 1: Cash Battel said, darn interesting things being grilled about being the FBI director. We've got some of that coming up.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty's.
Speaker 1: One of our favorite sayings is you don't start the show with a show stopper. It's a show business rule. We are going to hear this is the show stopper, I think from Cash Battel as he's being grilled still up on Capitol Hill to see if he meets the Senate standards to be the FBI director.
Speaker 2: But you knew this question was coming.
Speaker 1: Was President Donald Trump wrong to you have blanket clemency to the January sixth defendants?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ranking Member.
Speaker 8: A couple of things on that one, the power of the presidential part.
Speaker 2: It is just that the.
Speaker 6: President climate I can see he has the authority.
Speaker 4: I'm asking was he wrong to do it?
Speaker 8: And as we discussed in our private meeting, Senator, I have always rejected any violence against law enforcement, and I have including in that group is specifically addressed any violence against law enforcement on January sixth, and I do not agree with the commutation of any sentence of any individual who committed violence against law enforcement.
Speaker 2: That's pretty clear cut and declarative.
Speaker 1: Some of you who have beaten us up for suggesting that some of those people shouldn't have been pardoned and did the very thing he just described.
Speaker 2: How do you react to that? Is cash ptel in on it too, like we are Zier Rhino.
Speaker 3: I think that was an incredibly principled statement. I wonder whether he had gotten with Trump and told him, hey, look, I got to say this. I wonder if they had communicated about it.
Speaker 2: I heard Trump.
Speaker 1: Yesterday ask about it, and he really got into that. Well, there are just so many of them. I mean, it would have been so difficult to go through one by one with sixteen hundred people and all the lawyers we'd have to be involved in how long it would so I just decided, what the heck, I'll just do them all. Sounded a little more like he was edging toward Okay, some of these people shouldn't have been I doubt he'll ever say that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: That's that's a Trumpian confession right there. Right, he could have appointed a commissioner. So it was a misstep and a mistake.
Speaker 1: Or even if you just held out a couple of them that were clearly not people right that should have been pardoned or community m.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed one hundred percent. But I appreciate him saying that out loud. That was an honorable move. He was asked by an ancient Chuck Grassley whether he was a follower of Q and on. He said no, absolutely not, And Derbott really tried you. I don't think he is, but not that you would say yes. I don't think if you were right.
Speaker 2: You gotten me. Damn it. I was hoping you wouldn't ask me. But now I'm in a pickle.
Speaker 3: I think most people who are would say yes, because all of that is right and it's important to know it.
Speaker 2: But he's not.
Speaker 3: He's a much more reasonable guy than the Democrats are trying to paint him as. He's also a much more reasonable guy that he came off as when he was simply an online provocateur and media surrogate for Trump.
Speaker 1: And but that's the problem with our modern era, our modern era of getting on cable TV or getting clicks on Twitter, you got to be so provocative to get any attention. That people do all do and say all kinds of provocative things, and that are way beyond their actual level of seriousness.
Speaker 3: Right, right, But it would be so easy. And maybe the reason I'm so sympathetic to this is what we do for a living. And if I were to be uh, you know, suggested appointed for some serious posts somewhere, and somebody you know, went through all the ridiculous jokes I've made in silly hyperbolic comments just purely, and longtime listeners of the show know when it's a joke and when it's a hyperbole. But if you type of out in the cold, black and white, it would I would come off as a nut job.
Speaker 2: But I actually I like these hearings.
Speaker 3: I like the fact that they take place, even though they're grand standing in a little phony in that if a guy says, look, I was just being hyperbolic to get attention. Here's what I believe, and he comes off as credible, all right, that settles that. Let's move along. And if he's not credible, that also settles that, and he'll move along.
Speaker 1: What about the fact that it's gone from everybody including Supreme Court justices would get confirmed like ninety eight nothing two Now it's almost part party line exclusive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a measure of our hyperpartisan politics and how you can never admit the other team is anything but monsters. It would be helpful to me if they'd stop acting like monsters, by the way, and stop you know, foisting perverse philosophies on the kids. Anyway, I liked what he said to inclip forty.
Speaker 8: Five, and anyone that thinks my sixteen years of service is an exemplar, And how I would proceed if confirmed as FBI is intentionally putting false information into the public ether and creating more public discourse. The only thing that will matter if I'm confirmed as a Director of the FBI is a de weaponized, depoliticized system of law enforcement, completely devoted to rigorous obedience of the Constitution and a singular standard of justice.
Speaker 1: Now you you don't know him, and I don't know him. Why would I take him at his word on that? But like Joe said earlier, Trey Goudi, who knows the guy, Well, we're big Trey Goudi fans vouches for him one hundred percent, and that's all I need.
Speaker 3: Right, I could spend years researching the guy. But if somebody like Trey Goudy, believing what he believes in knowing him like he knows him, says that, that's good enough for me. Frankly, so I'm sure he will get confirmed, and then we'll see what kind of job he does. What people need to always remember and Jack, you know this very very well. And I have had the privilege of knowing and being friends with a number of folks in the FBI who are rock ribbed American patriots, love this country, staunch defenders of the Constitution, put themselves in dangerous way constantly to bring down organized criminals and scumbags and foreign spies and communists that are.
Speaker 2: Great, great freaking people.
Speaker 3: Given the powers of the FBI, or the Intelligence Services for that matter, by the very nature of their work, they are absolutely the most likely organizations to become excessive or to bruise the Constitution, not defend it, because they're given such awesome and sometimes secret powers. To hold them to an extremely high standard of scrutiny is not to be anti FBI.
Speaker 2: It's to be pro constitution.
Speaker 3: It's to understand, as the founding fathers did, Oh, we're going to give these people awesome powers and let them do it in secret. Who would be Thomas Jefferson's response, or Madison or Washington.
Speaker 4: Or any of them.
Speaker 1: Human nature being what it is, FBI always goes too far from its inception. Eventually, not every time, I didn't mean every time they do anything. They go too far, but get grows and grows and grows and grows further, pushing the limits until it gets like way on a whack. I think it's rained back in. Maybe that's the best you can do.
Speaker 3: If you want to read something really interesting. Oh I wish I could remember specifically where I learned this. I'll try to figure it out. Read the history of the CIA, specifically when the CIA has been allowed to conduct kinetic operations, meaning they don't just figure out where the jihadist is, they also have control of the guns that will take care of him. Because there is kind of an ebb and flow in our country's history, certainly since CIA became a thing, whereas there's a division between intelligence and then kinetic action. And at times we've thought, well, this is too cumbersome and slow. If the CIA has one hundred percent rock solid information, they need to be lacked on it. That always gets excessive. Always, it's inevitable as part of human you know, the human condition, and it always has to be rained back in.
Speaker 2: And then people start to.
Speaker 3: Think, well, this is too slow and cumbersome, maybe we should let them.
Speaker 2: Do it, and then it gets too excessive again. I got a question for you they'll put you in a pickle.
Speaker 1: Oh so when when when someone is qan on, what does that mostly mean to you? And I don't mean the origin story of q and his access and blah blah blah. Like if you hear somebody's q and on, what does that mostly mean?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow? Can I have a minute to compose my answer? Well?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah sure.
Speaker 1: But like when Patel was asked, are you qan on? I wonder what most people are mostly thinking? That means you are what?
Speaker 2: Or aren't what?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 2: Ah again off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: I know, I know my answer just brushing up with a handful of quan on people, But I don't know if I'm right? Is it mostly mostly Democratic?
Speaker 2: Party?
Speaker 1: Is a party of pedophiles that they've been hiding it for decades? That's a lot of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would characterize those people having received dreams of emails and looked into it personally myself and just I'm not an expert, but I'm reasonably acquainted with it. It is people who love this country are concerned about some evil doers doing evil things, and they are overly enamored with the idea that we have discovered the secret evil doer cabal and are bravely fighting against it to the point of like Wackado conspiracy theories and the term conspiracy theory is way over use these days. I mean, I hear conspiracy theory and I think, yeah, it's probably sixty percent going to be true.
Speaker 2: The chances are because it's been used to.
Speaker 3: Cast dispersions on so many things that are one hundred percent true. So I hate to use that term, honestly, you know, I don't. There's a certain way of manipulating people in their beliefs and their emotions and their concerns that various people behind the q Noon phenomenon are very very good at. I remember the very early introduction I had to it, where one of our beloved listeners says, Dude, Joe, you've got to get on this, look into this. This person is deep within the state, they know what's going on, they have secret information. They're telling you this is going to happen. And so I thought, wow, that's interesting. It sounds a little funky to me, but I'm gonna follow it. And then it got into that whole pattern of if something like that happened, it was proof that they're right and if nothing at all like that happened, it was explained that, yeah, the evil doors got onto it, and the fact that nothing happened is proof that we're right all along and here's what's actually going on. And it was like a never ending chasing the carrot, a tantalizing mystery slash crusade thing. And I don't have the personality that tends to be drawn along by that. You call you make three predictions in a row, and they're all wrong, and they're all like super exciting spy novel stuff.
Speaker 2: I know you're a crackpot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was privy to a conversation with some QAnon people between each other the other day and became aware that they were because somebody brought up somebody is completely unaware of the origin. So I'm not sure the original q'on thing how much it has to do with the current QAnon thing, kind of like the way the term ocon changed over the years or tea party or whatever. I'm not sure how much it has to do with the original q andon thing. A lot of people that are into it don't have any clue of the original deep State, you know, anonymous secret source thing.
Speaker 2: Now it's Adam, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You tell me if you're it's evolved text line four one, five two nine kftc.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and yet horrible plane crash. I mean they're all horrible.
Speaker 1: First time in twenty years you got a commercial flight crash in America. I crossed paths with a Blackhawk helicopter over Riggan Airport in DC and the air traffic controller audio is out and this is what it sounds like, you do that both.
Speaker 9: The helicopter and the plane crash in the river. It's of the post end of runway three three. I just saw a fireball then it was just gone, so since they hit the river. But it was a CRGA and a helicopter that hit. I would say maybe a half mile off the approach in the three three.
Speaker 7: I don't know if goot earlier what happened, but there was a cuision on the a person of three three. We're going to send that operation for the indefinite future. If you want to go back to the gate. I to guess you guys coordinated company, But I.
Speaker 9: Know what you wanted was talking to them right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we witnessed the whole thing of.
Speaker 4: The air pasion for a lone boy.
Speaker 1: That's some people staying very calm, even though they know exactly what happened. In all likelihood, everybody's dead. I mean, I'm sure they felt that. Here's Trump this morning for some reason saying this.
Speaker 2: But we had a.
Speaker 10: Situation where you had a helicopter that had the ability to stop.
Speaker 2: I have helicopters.
Speaker 10: You can stop a helicopter very quickly.
Speaker 2: It had the ability to go up or down.
Speaker 10: It had the ability to turn, and the turn it made was not the correct turn, obviously, and it did somewhat the opposite of what.
Speaker 1: It was told.
Speaker 4: We don't know that that would have been.
Speaker 10: The difference because the timing was so tight, it was so it was so little, there was so little time to think.
Speaker 2: Why. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: It's a terrible tragedy. Our hearts go out to the victims. We will investigate thoroughly so it can never happen again.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, it hasn't happened in twenty years, Very very rare. It will never be perfect. This might be as good as it can get.
Speaker 3: It's possibly the answer, right, Yeah, one time in a million, somebody's going to make a mistake because they're humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Though, Is there any talk about you know, there's so much talk about cars becoming self driving and self driving semi trucks and all that sort of stuff, are they Is there any self driving?
Speaker 2: I mean, I realize there's already autopilot.
Speaker 1: We call it autopilot in cars because it started on planes because it's a pilot. But is there any like the whole thing land and taken off all that sort of stuff like my Tesla will do for driving.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait till the beta testing is done and then maybe another five years before I fly on it. But yeah, that sort of thing absolutely, I would think that's absolutely doable. I just worry sometimes that the software doesn't quite get it right and you end up driving around in a parking lot honking at the other self driving car or whatever.
Speaker 11: Yeah, admit me coordus to this history, who prologue like your humble patients, Pray gently to hear, kindly to judge the final thoughts of Armstrong and Getty Classy.
Speaker 2: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day, Starting with our technical director, Michael Answell.
Speaker 2: Michael final thought. You know, sometimes it's the little things that make you happy.
Speaker 8: I was just trying to bring a happy moment to the show. So I found an old Subway gift garden that I didn't know I had, So I'll get lunch this afternoon.
Speaker 2: So oh, how old is a lot? It's probably a year old or more, but they have to honor him forever. Yeah, it's a current low.
Speaker 3: So make mine that chicken, the chicken one with the sauce. Although Katie got bad chicken yesterday and might heat mentioned Katie Greeners.
Speaker 2: Do you just to get that foot long chocolate chip cookie? Have you seen that? That's some good stuff?
Speaker 3: America's obesity, the epidemic, what's caused it?
Speaker 1: Well, my final thought is Subway is severely underrated.
Speaker 2: I love Subway, really, I feel like it's a poor man's Togos. I love it. I eat there, but Togos is a step above. We'll take your calls. Never Jack a final blow. How about Quiznos? Where's Quiznos? Is it above or below?
Speaker 3: It's a fabulous sandwich, is no doubt it's step above.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's my final thought, go to go to Togos instead.
Speaker 3: My final thought is Telsea Gabbard hearings. There're gonna be a fireworks show. We'll bring you the highlights and low lights and see what the senators get to the bottom of could be. She clarifies and explains and gets through. I kind of doubt it, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just realized the main reason I like Togo's better is a person that works there speaks English and the person at the subway does not, and I can't converse with Armstrong and Getty. Wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: So many people to thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. The hot links are fabulous. You can pick up some and ge swag. You gotta get you one of those light Adidas hoodies so popular.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Gette.
Speaker 3: This is a message for the people of America.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, I got nothing for you on that, so let's go with it.
Speaker 3: Buy this electric tongue can taste spoiled milk for humans.
Speaker 2: Where do I get one of these?
Speaker 3: I tell you what you give the old lady the electric tongue it'll make gave bigger young again.
Speaker 2: Uh can I plug it into my cigarette lighter?
Speaker 3: Bring in the car on that high note, Thanks all very much, arm Strong and Getty.