Speaker 1: It's media podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Brody Randal, Tresa, Max Logan, Cordy, Nate, and Christine. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing for the stag of the week. This week, we're looking at the Shelby Index. The Shelby Index is where I test the questions on my wife Shelby before recording an episode. It's usually an indicator of how hard or easy an episode is, and Shelby often gets half as many points as the winner. Her highest score ever is seven and her average score is four point zero five. And when she got that seven, she would have won the episode because she had a closer tiebreaker answer than Yanni that day. Now here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Medeater dot Com with the subject line I faq THEO Corson, who is the son of Steve Corson, who is one of our most prolific question submitters. He says, I'm wondering if you are ever going to start coming out with more kids trivia wealth THEO. The plan is to have some available for you this Christmas break? Is that still the plan? Phil?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're going to have four or five new episodes in end of November December, so yeah, stay tuned.
Speaker 2: THEO Christmas Break, we hope to have more Meat Eater Kids for you, which will include some more Meat Eater Kids trivia. We have some housekeeping to get to. In a previous episode of Meat Eater Trivia, we had a question about the five states that steelhead are native to according to the US Fish and Wildlife Service. The correct answer was Alaska, California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington, but Colton Finch rode in to point out that steelhead are native to a few rivers and creeks in one other state. Does anybody know what that other state would be?
Speaker 4: Oregon?
Speaker 2: Oregon was one of them, one of the five at ours, uh, the five were Alaska, California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. But a listener rode in and correctly pointed out that they are native to one other state that the US Wildlife Service did not list, Montana, California. Not Montana, California was one of the ones that we listed, something close to that region. What did you say, Tresa, It is Nevada. So Colton Finch rode into point that steelhead are also native to a few rivers and creeks in northern Nevada. The Nevada Department of Wildlife and US Geological Survey agree with him, stating that steelhead once swam the Bruno and Jarbidge rivers near the border of Oregon, Idaho, and Nevada. The fish no longer reaches Nevada due to damn construction, having the same fate as chinook salmon, which also used to be found in Nevada. For that question, there would be six correct answers, and if you said Nevada, you'd have gotten it right. Nevada does not feel like steelhead country, but the very northern part of the state, in fact, is now The Shelby Index fort today is a five. So I'm putting us on perfect score alert and with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop phill. It's quite in here today, guys. You guys nervous Monday morning energy man.
Speaker 4: Guys, please don't talk to the drop now.
Speaker 1: You just tend to win everything.
Speaker 5: Cal's not here.
Speaker 3: You're becoming an incredible engineer in.
Speaker 6: Game.
Speaker 2: On sus question one, the topic is fishing. This first great question is via blair Foot and as always, it will be multiple choice. Which of the these tunes was sung by the original Big Mouth Billy Bass? Is it don't worry be Happy, Come sail away fishing in the dark or the River of Dreams? Which of these tunes was sung by the original Big Mouth Billy Bass. Don't worry, be Happy, Come sail away fishing in the dark, or the River of Dreams?
Speaker 4: That one that you have hanging out in front of your office original.
Speaker 6: Just counting stoves and.
Speaker 1: Quiet.
Speaker 7: Oh, this is gonna be a witch of here, sung by the original Big Mouth.
Speaker 2: Your four choices, don't worry, be happy, Come sail away fishing in the dark with a River of dreams, and my fellow office it's on the third floor at an advantage here. That would be Randall Brody Logan Tresa, because, as one of them pointed out, I have this hanging outside of my office.
Speaker 4: And everybody loves to stand around and listen to it.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I have to change the nine and bolt batteries.
Speaker 2: Sometime when I'm out for like a week on I'm gonna put it on the motion sensors. Phil said, every time someone heads to the bathroom, is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Phil, or excuse me, we have Brody and Christine and Corey and Randall and Logan saying don't worry, be happy. Tresa says, fishing in the dark. Nate says fishing in the dark. Max says, don't worry, be happy. The correct answer is don't worry, be happy. The og big Mouth Billy Bass sang two tunes don't worry, be Happy and take me to the river. My wife got me one for Christmas last year, and now it hangs outside of my office as a doorbell. Here it is making a special performance for meat Eater Trivia. Its mouth isn't moving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a backup singer.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Phil, that's freaky. I wonder how much I paid for the rights to those songs.
Speaker 4: I wasn't expecting it to bend so much.
Speaker 2: It ben so much, big Mouth Billy Bass. Maybe we'll play the second tune here a little bit later on.
Speaker 6: So when you convert that to which one it plays.
Speaker 2: No, it just rotates between the two. Question two, the topic is woodstead Ship. Name three of the four states with the lowest average annual precipitation. M name three of the four states with the lowest average annual precipitation. Big Mouth Billy Bass famously made an appearance on the Sopranos Speaks to Speaks to Tony makes him feel all kinds of guilty. And I also think it was Bill Clinton had said it was his favorite gift ever that he received.
Speaker 3: Went to the same place, ran.
Speaker 2: A couple of fun facts about the big mouth Billy Bass. Name three of the four states with the lowest average annual precipitation. And while our players think big mouth Billy Bass is going to do a second on core.
Speaker 4: Porform, know is YouTube gonna allow this?
Speaker 2: That's fine, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Shoot.
Speaker 2: As Randall pointed out there, YouTube doesn't like it when we break copyright laws by playing trailers of movies or songs or videos that we don't own but that just means we can't monetize it. And and for the sake of the audience, we would rather give you a good product than monetize our YouTube videos. We're willing to uh break those rules. Would you even be breaking your experience?
Speaker 8: The big mouth billy like, they obviously got the rights to those songs, so you're just doing you're just yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's like if a movie has a rights the rights to a Taylor Swift song, we can't then like play that movie clip in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's gotta be some category of IP where it's like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if it's in if it's being sung by a big feeling.
Speaker 1: It's like a big bucket. That's just like ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, legislation.
Speaker 2: Does everyone have an answer for three of the four driest states, which is measured by the lowest average annual precipitation? That can be rain and snow, right precipitation. That's all forms of the question. Everything ship that falls.
Speaker 10: Out of the that's wet, that's wet.
Speaker 2: Maxwell trying to come up with his final state. You Corey has now shown Randal his answer, Randall, do you agree with Corey's three states?
Speaker 9: Uh, he's got four and one crossed out. If I were putting down four, I would have put those four, but he crossed out one of the ones.
Speaker 2: That I oh, wow, Okay, But Corey's not going to change his answer. If other folks would like to flex their trip your muscles, you could write a fourth state and cross that one out as well. I don't know that's what I was doing.
Speaker 11: Is everybody ready, Let's go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Brody saying Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico. Christine says Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico. She crossed out California. Corey says Oklahoma, Nevada, Arizona, he crossed out New Mexico. Randall says Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Logan Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Tresa Arizona, Texas, Nevada, Nate, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Maximus, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming outlier the four states too, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah Utah. I think five of our players got one right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Utah has so much snow and so much desert.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: According Fox News, New Mexico is the driest state, averaging just thirteen inches of precipitation annually. That's followed by Nevada at fourteen inches, Arizona at fifteen inches, in Utah at seventeen inches. Rounding out the top ten are Wyoming, North Dakota, Colorado, Montana, South Dakota, and California. Question three, the topic is cooking. Finish this quote from NPR here it is the blank blank is to San Diego what the cheese steak is to Philadelphia, or the lobster roll is to Maine. This is a quote from NPR. The blank blank is to San Diego what the cheese steak is to Philadelphia. Where the lobster roll is to Maine. Randall only one with an answer so far. Nate now joining him. Nate has brought in some scones today. He said that him and is it wife? Him and his wife were baking these yesterday and she had him grating the cheese. Uh, it turned out it was butter, and so Nate was grabbing handfuls of what he thought was cheese and it turned out to butter.
Speaker 5: Well, I knew it was butter, but like my mind.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I got you.
Speaker 5: It was really hard.
Speaker 2: They looked delicious.
Speaker 4: Nate looked just like some shredded mazzarella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a lot of folks volunteered to take one to go after this episode.
Speaker 4: I'm kind hurt now, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Just to confirm these these five that is not indicative of how many letters the words have. That is just the default amount of spaces that.
Speaker 3: For example, it could be the cranberry scone is to San Diego.
Speaker 2: Two words though it's two words. That's right, Okay, Max, it's shown me. His answer finished this quote from NPR The blank blank is to San Diego, the cheese steak is to Philadelphia, or the lobster roll is to me? Randall, how confident are you?
Speaker 1: I feel pretty good?
Speaker 2: Okay, anybody else confident?
Speaker 1: I've not encountered this quote before.
Speaker 2: But Nate, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 5: I just changed it?
Speaker 1: Not good?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm just going with.
Speaker 4: My understanding of San Diego.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you been to San Diego.
Speaker 1: Many many times?
Speaker 2: Spencer, Actually you're an advantage.
Speaker 6: I wonder if he's had one of these before.
Speaker 4: Yes, great zoo in San Diego.
Speaker 2: They do have a great zoo.
Speaker 9: The Padres been to a Padres game. A lot of things you can tour that are related to the military, all sorts of ships.
Speaker 2: We had a live tour there and we do a meet and greet with some folks, and it felt as though like eighty percent of the people we talked to were their hulitary purposes. I had no idea the city that was so heavily influenced by that is. Everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying fish taco. Christine crossed out fish taco and wrote California. Cory says hot dog, Randall says fish taco, Logan says California roll. Tresa says, what's that say, Tresa, I don't know my machilatte. Nate says California Burrito. Max says California. Role. We have a correct answer in the room. It's fish taco. Brody and Randall got that one right. Christine had it right but crossed it out.
Speaker 1: It's cra crappy feeling.
Speaker 2: The San Diego Union Tribune declared fish Taco's the signature dish of San Diego. They were the first American city to serve fish tacos. Which were invented just across the border in Baja California. To see how Kimmy Werner makes hers, head over to the Meat Eater dot com and watch her video called how to make Fish Tacos. Question for the topic is public lands. The National Park Service banned these in June of twenty fourteen, saying they have quote unacceptable impacts on scenic values, natural soundscapes, and wildlife. The National Park Service banned these in June of twenty fourteen, saying they have unacceptable impacts on scenic values, natural soundscapes, and wildlife. This is question four. The room quick to answer this one, waiting on sticking with my gut, Christine and Brody to come up with their answers, going on, ye, hey, don't be well Nate, Nate and Max have shown each other and do you boys?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. A.
Speaker 2: Did you ever.
Speaker 6: Compliment that lady for uh telling me.
Speaker 1: How I did cheat? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we had We had some We have not covered that. We had some cheating accusations. Uh lobbied at Max in a previous episode. But we had one listener right in saying she watched all the footage. She played it a few times and she determined. She determined that Max did not cheat. So I think that was the last time I was done and we got to drop the cheating label from Max. Oh did Corny get you to change your last answer to Christine?
Speaker 5: Okay, this should be illegal in the entire world.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I coaxed? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying drones, Christine says rock towers, Corey and Randall and Logan say drones. Tressa says skyscrapers. Nate and Max say drones. The correct answer is drones. Boom pretty well. The twenty fourteen band created no drone zones over eighty four million acres of land that includes National parks, monuments, battlefields, seashores, and trails. Despite the law, parkgoers and Yellowstone Death Valley and Bryce Canyon have been busted for flying drones just within the last nine months. The violation carries a maximum of six months in jail in a five thousand dollars fine question.
Speaker 6: I want to mess with the FAA.
Speaker 2: Or the National Park Service. It's two federal agencies. You don't want to go up against Two's question five. The topic is conservation. And this is our listener question of the week, which was won by Sam Taylor for sending this great question is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meat eater dot com. What's the name for the hybrid created by domestic cattle and bison? What's the name for the hybrid created by domestic cattle and bison? You can get a scoreboard update from Fill the engineer after this. Brody, Corey, Randall, Nate all confident in their answers. Cory says, maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, you know this.
Speaker 5: I'm more thrown off by my spelling.
Speaker 2: M don't talk to doesn't matter unless it's Randall.
Speaker 1: Yeh. The YouTube comments are on my side, Spencer. I don't know if.
Speaker 2: You and and looking back on it, maybe maybe give you some point you want. You won the game anyway, I.
Speaker 4: Know as one as one comment or pointed out bad bal.
Speaker 2: Don't what's the name for the hybrid created by domestic cattle and bison?
Speaker 4: No one has ever said ball don't lie about my game.
Speaker 2: Before Maxwell with an empty board.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's not coming to me second cup of coffee.
Speaker 2: What's the name for the hybrid created by domestic cattle and bison. Today's episode was originally going to be a Jabbroni episode, but then I had too many Jibbroni's declined to do that, so then I had pivoted about a half hour before the show to doing a four on one against Randall. We were gonna have four Jabbroni's versus Randall, but then it turned out Brody was here, so we threw Brody in, found a few more people, and just created a regular episode of trivia. But sometime in the future, Randall, we are going to really hand DeCamp you by doing a four on one in med Eater Trivia.
Speaker 9: I'd like that to take place after Nate has won his first game. Kay, I feel like his Gibbroni card is a little suspect suspect modulent.
Speaker 5: I wasn't going to bring this up. I'm not sure I belong in the Broni category.
Speaker 2: I just define.
Speaker 5: Has one age adjusted. I would argue that I'm the best of trivia.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, argument from Nate. How old are you?
Speaker 5: Names now granted twenty seven. Nobody likes qualifying he's got me. But there's a fact that that you can just only absorb.
Speaker 2: So many facts. Before you walked into the studio one minute late, everyone was heavily complimenting your game of trivia.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that game, recognized game.
Speaker 9: And then we were going to call you out for being late, but then you brought stones. So it's just kind of a toss up, and I didn't really know how to react.
Speaker 2: Does everyone have an answer for the name of the hybrid created by domestic cattle and bison. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying beefalo, Christine without an answer, Corey says bouffalo, came up, Randall says beefalo, Logan says buff cow, Tresa says Beefson says bfalo. Max without an answer.
Speaker 10: I was gonna write that same thing down and I was like, wait, that's just buffalo. It's just how you announced it.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is bflow or cattalo. According to the American Beefalo Foundation, a full blood beefalo is five eighths domestic cattle and three eighths bison. Full blood. Yeah, it's a funny definition, but they have a definition for a full blood beefalo, but the definition is more loosely used to describe bison that barely have any cattle, like those found in the Grand Canyon. The National Park Service does not consider those controversial herds b Falow, citing that bison there only have two percent cattle DNA, which doesn't impact their physical features or wild behaviors. Bill were halfway through the game of trivia a SIS scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tresa has zero points, Christine, Max, and Corey all have two points apiece, Nate and Logan have three and hey, would you guess that the two games in the courtesy of Birdie Henderson and Randall Williams.
Speaker 2: I would guess that. Oh, how exciting question.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Question six, the topic is natural history. This next great question is via Nathan Bachelor. Jason Statham and Rain Wilson starred in a twenty eighteen sci fi movie about this extinct animal. Jason Statham and Rain Wilson starred in a twenty eighteen sci fi movie about this extinct animal. Brody the first one to answer, and I am surprised by that. Brody, you know this one?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I was writing down the animal and the movie.
Speaker 2: We're just looking for the animal. Don't have to tell us.
Speaker 6: The movie is the answer.
Speaker 2: People. You can try that, Max and see how it goes.
Speaker 8: As a Jason Satham fan back in the Guy Richie days, he was like, you're not actor and not you know, like Joe the action star.
Speaker 2: So now you're you're less of a fan.
Speaker 8: Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels fantastic movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's try like way before. You've never heard of him film.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the one where he has to keep his heart rate about? That's great?
Speaker 2: Jason Statham and Rain Wilson started in a twenty eighteen sci fi movie about this extinct animal.
Speaker 6: I think that's endangered.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, we're looking for an extinct animal? Randall and bro to you're confidence? Does anyone else feel good about their answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: You need to go watch Lockstock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want.
Speaker 4: You do you want the full name of this animal?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, like the full name of this animal would be handing out a little hint there from Randall no other players. No, he says it's not a hint. Forget what he said. Max, How do you feel about your answer? Do you think that animal is extinct or endangered that you wrote down.
Speaker 6: It's well I changed it, so yeah, it's extinct now. But okay, I wasn't gonna have something else that was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Whatever, twenty eighteen sci fi movie about this extinct animal.
Speaker 4: But yeah, neither.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I still don't feel confident.
Speaker 2: Okay, does everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Rody saying megalodis, Christine says Megaladon. I was gonna put Corey says wooly mammoth. Randal says megalodon. And the movie is the meg Logan says Liger. Tresa says dinosaur. Nate Megalodon, Mex wooly mammoth. The correct answer is Megalodon. Rody, Christine, Randal, and Nate get that one right. Megalodon the largest shark to ever live, when extinct about three point six million years ago. Scientists believe they vanished due to changing ocean temperatures and from getting out competed for food by great white sharks and killer whales. According to Rotten Tomatoes, the Meg got a forty seven percent critics score, and the Meg two got a twenty seven percent critics score. I don't remember Ron Wilson bean in that excuse. I feel like that's the only thing he's known for outside of the office.
Speaker 5: Sahara.
Speaker 2: Question shoots a guy with the player gun. Question seven. The topic is fishing. Bass Master defines this alliterative term as quote when someone brings their preferred species of fish from one lake to another. Bass Master defines this alliterative term as when someone brings their preferred species of fish from one lake to another.
Speaker 8: Well, you gotta know what a literate is, what it is, and then you'll get an answer.
Speaker 2: Brody does not want to help out the room and tell them what alliterative.
Speaker 3: You learn that in like eighth grade dogar.
Speaker 2: That'd be a good a good word to know for our Tribua players, because I use that as a hint. Sometimes this is question seven.
Speaker 1: Like a.
Speaker 2: No more chat. Our front runners are confident in their answer. Bass Master defines this alliterative term as quote when someone brings their preferred species of fish from one lake to another.
Speaker 5: You ever heard the riddle of the green glass door?
Speaker 2: Oh? Neither have I. You might have to enlighten after this question.
Speaker 4: I was just looking up the cast of Sahara.
Speaker 5: What's that Nick Rude, the Matthew Matthew McConaughey, William H.
Speaker 1: Macy.
Speaker 5: Oh is he the old guy? So good?
Speaker 1: Good movie?
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Graxwell, I can't think. Are you eating a scone?
Speaker 1: You're having a rough day?
Speaker 2: Man, You for the bait? I know, how's the scone?
Speaker 1: Give us?
Speaker 2: You were coming on strong for a while and now I feel like you peak.
Speaker 1: That's my typical day.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the scone though, Max, it's really good, really good. Okay, answer, that's right.
Speaker 9: They just came in here and tried to pump eight hundred calories, and everybody right before we begin a game of trivia.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready, Christine.
Speaker 11: I'll just okay, it's right, though, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Brodie saying bucket biology. Christine says stocker s s. Cory says bucket biology. Randall bucket biology, Logan bucket biology, Tresa Sally Sea shore bucket biology. I had transplant, Max Smiths says transplant. The correct answer is bucket biology. The room did pretty well. Bucket biologists are citizens who introduce fish into a different body of water. Anglers who do this often have good intentions, but it's a practice with serious conservation issues. Has haphazard fish introductions can spread disease, upset the food chain, and change water quality. Question eight, the topic is cooking. This next great question is via Jennifer Shyric. A Montana sushi restaurant killed two customers in twenty twenty three after serving this raw mushroom in a special role.
Speaker 3: I put down the.
Speaker 2: Restaurant be a very specific question for all of our listeners who aren't in Montana. I don't know. I feel like that hit a little national government for sure, but the name of the restaurant. A Montana sushi restaurant killed two customers in twenty twowenty three after serving this raw mushroom in a special role. A room had a huge what's the restaurant?
Speaker 1: You got to do it? That's not part of the answer.
Speaker 2: And Max said he was writing down the restaurant, and I said that would be a little too specific for the rest of our one we have everybody, but Nate is being confident in their answer.
Speaker 5: I just moved here.
Speaker 1: He did ye did you live here?
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty three, and Christine has declared him aja broke. Think about it, think about it as.
Speaker 1: He best clue think about it.
Speaker 2: As he choose on the chocolate chips going right in his face. A Montanas sushi restaurant killed two customers in twenty twenty three after serving this raw mushroom on a special roll. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody, Christine, Corey, Randall, Logan, Tresa saying morell, Nate says death, cap Max says Morell. They got it. The correct answer is a Morel mushroom. Fifty one customers got sick after eating the raw Morel mushrooms from Dave Sushi in April of twenty twenty three. The morals were grown in China and distributed by a California dealer. The FDA traced the mushrooms to six other restaurants, and none of them had customer complaints associate associated with eating Morel's. Investigators were unable to determine what characteristic of the Morels caused the illness, saying it could have been how they were stored, prepared, or both. Despite serving the fatal sushi rle, Dave's still open today. Phil have two questions left a scoreboard update.
Speaker 3: Tresa, Max, Christine well, just everybody except Brody and Randall.
Speaker 1: You're out, see you pack it up.
Speaker 3: But I'm I'm rooting for a perfect game tiebreaker because Brody and Randall still have a perfect game of eight points.
Speaker 2: We have never had that that would be interesting shaping up.
Speaker 4: It still count as a perfect game if you lose the tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Mmm, sure, yeah, we give you a perfect game. Question nine. The topic is hunting. This five letter word is defined as quote a small group of females that a male pronghorn defends. This five letter word is defined as a small group of females that a male pronghorn defends. Looks like this will keep the perfect game going through? Question nine for Randall and Brody, Hm, Tresa confident, Nate confident, Okay, Trista not confident? Max? How about you?
Speaker 5: No, I got five blank spaces.
Speaker 2: Logan, you got this one right.
Speaker 10: Potentially, I don't know. I thought of what a cluster of females could be called.
Speaker 2: Logan's killed about everything in Montana this year. Have you killed an analope yet? I did?
Speaker 10: Yeah, man, and actually also shot so I had a mule deer b tag huh and I got my second second bocus. This weekend.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you got an elp, a bear, an antelope.
Speaker 2: Wow, and it's not even white tail, not a white tail. There's got to be some left over white tail tags. You could do it, Logan.
Speaker 3: I've got white tail bags living across the.
Speaker 5: Road that little farm every day.
Speaker 2: Logan, this, this would be a kind of slam that I think few Montana hunters have done in a seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Bet, I bet there's all kinds of crusty folks out there.
Speaker 2: But of like all the general tag holders, the bears bears a tough one though, But he did it already.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: As far as like hitting for the cycle, you've you've done everything except the single so far. So you've got in baseball, if you hit for a cycle, you go single, double, triple, and a home run. What's the home run? Elk, the bear is Brody just pointed out, that would be a tough one, I think for for most folks. Actually, the triple is harder than a home run, so the triple would be a black Bear home run. Elk, the double is the the muley.
Speaker 5: But you're saying the white tail is a single.
Speaker 2: I think that's white tail is like a foul ball mane.
Speaker 5: I'm so tired of that.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: Well, we're saying in Montana as far as like, its easiest tag to get, you know, the eastern half of the state. They're like count and tail rabbits out there.
Speaker 10: Much much spookier wind bow hunting. Now that's right there.
Speaker 2: Does everyone have an answer for question nine about a small group of females?
Speaker 1: Clearly I don't know.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brodie and Christine and Corey and Randall and Logan saying harm Tressa says class nate, harem max flock the correct what is harem?
Speaker 1: I felt so much better when that's like, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even know how.
Speaker 2: Christine gave us multiple spellings. Neither one was right, but she got it right, said, spelling doesn't matter. It doesn't matter, and that's why she got the point.
Speaker 6: As long as you can sound it out.
Speaker 2: A female antelope will typically visit several harem holding males in the month leading up to breeding. The female will stay for a few days before moving to a different harem, a process called sampling. Then, a week before entering estrius, the female will pick a male that it likes and join its harem of does Phil we have one question that means the perfect game is still going between Randall and Brody into question ten. Here's question ten. The topic is conservation. What federal agency employs the most smoke jumpers? What federal agency employs the most smoke jumpers? Randall very confident, Brody joining him with an answer. Now we could have, for the first time in meat Eater trivia history, a tie breaker with two players that have a perfect game. What federal agency employs the most smoke jumpers? Brody, do you have this one right? I hope so, Randall, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I have a similar attitude.
Speaker 1: That's Brody at the moment.
Speaker 2: You're confident, but you're not certain.
Speaker 4: Well, I.
Speaker 1: I've never counted.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Brody saying National Forest Service, Christine national Forest Service, Corey and Randall and Logan saying National Forest Service. Tresa says FFA, Nate says Forest Service. He crossed out BLM Max says Forest Service. The correct answer is the US Forest Service, meaning we have a tie breaker between Randall and Brody. Ten correct, and.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Smoke Jumpers are wildland firefighters who parachute into remote fires. The Bureau of Land Management employs one hundred and fifty smoke jumpers, while the US Forest Service employs three hundred and twenty smoke jumpers. The National Park Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and Bureau of Indian Affairs don't employ smoke jumpers. They rely on BLM and the US Forest Service smoke jumpers when a fire requires them.
Speaker 1: That's the question.
Speaker 2: It's not that many. That's why they're going everywhere helping out all the states they need them.
Speaker 4: If you ever have some free time in Missoula, Montana, go to the smoke Jumper Museum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well worth it.
Speaker 2: In the BLM, they only have two smoke jumper bases, I think, one in Alaska and one in Boise. So they got their eighty excuse me, their one fifty spread between those two places. We're going to overtime play the drop Phil, how they.
Speaker 5: Just cut it at if you ain't first your last and then like going to other stuff. That's funny to me.
Speaker 2: And I would have seven points a Phil goff Man sh for overtime. We have a numerical question. Whoever is closest between Randall and Brody will be declared the winner. But the rest of the room is going to play along because if one of them gets it right, we'll add an extra one hundred dollars donation. At the end of the show meeting, we have a chance for an eleven hundred dollars donation, which has never happened before.
Speaker 1: My goodness.
Speaker 2: The tie breaking top is fishing. What did the world record channel catfish way? We'll go to a decimal place on this one decimal place for me. What did the world record channel catfish? Way? Brod channel? Answer? Of course, thank you, Max? What was your world record channel catfish? Way? Brodie? Are you going to change your answer?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 2: You're just gonna stick with what came to mind right away? Okay? He very quickly, before I even repeated the question, had an answer written down in his whiteboard, set face down. What did the world record?
Speaker 6: Does?
Speaker 2: Everybody have an answer? Max has reminded you it's a channel catfish, not a blue catfish. What other? What other catfish is it not?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, I just learned in Louisiana there was a hard head hard headed catfish.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're trash fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The world record one of those is like four and a half pounds or something, because I didn't know much about them either until Yannie was saying that's what he was gonna do for one minute.
Speaker 5: Fishing world records four and a half pounds.
Speaker 2: For the hard headed catfish.
Speaker 1: If everybody has no bearing on this, after.
Speaker 2: Christine, are you ready to one decimal place, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Christine saying fifty five point seven. Logan sang one oh nine. Excuse me, Cordy saying one o nine, Logan sang one oh three point five. Sounds like a radio station. Tresa says twenty seven point three. Name says three hundred and sixty seven point two, Max forty six point three, and our two players left. We have Randall saying one hundred and twelve point eight and Brody saying thirty five point six. Now someone in the room is within three pounds of the correct answer. The correct answer is fifty eight pounds, making Brody our winner twenty three pounds off, and Christine is just three pounds off with her answer, two point pounds off with her answer fifty five point seven, And that entire tiebreaker, she was snickering about how silly her answer must have felt. And then she was the closest one in the room. Well done, Christine Brody, you are the winner of the Perfect Game overtime round. Where is the one thousand dollars donation from one thousand bucks? Because we had a perfect game, two perfect games, it's already forgotten, I guess, and I got an A plus. History will never remember the imperfect game. When going to air, this is going to air next week, so we're ten days. That's coming down to crunch time in Colorado. So we'll do uh Colorado U?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 8: Sportsman's for responsible wildlife management?
Speaker 2: Rody, I might be getting it sending one thousand dollars their last minute donation. We don't want mountain lion hunting getting out there, and that will be on the ballot that they will vote on in early November. Thousand dollars going their way via Brody. But you got there, Max, You're gonna play play music, Go ahead, hit hit it for us. That is big mouth billy bass helping us send the show away from media to.
Speaker 9: Track next every listeners turned off to me, no reason to say goodbye the.
Speaker 2: Only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 5: Bro job, Well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 5: He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones.
Speaker 1: He lays them questions.
Speaker 10: Down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 5: And he's an avid amateur lockw