Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Yes. So, as you know, my podcast Reality with the King is on tour and my next stop is live in New York City with the one the Only Queen of New Jersey, Teresa Judais. Yes, on Tuesday, June eighteenth at the City Winery, Teresa Judais and I will have a live conversation in front of a live audience. Make sure you get your tickets now. Log onto my website Kingdom raint dot com. That's Kingdom r E I G N e n T dot com. Or if you're on social media and follow me, click on the link of my bio.
Speaker 1: To purchase your tickets.
Speaker 2: Once again, the website is Kingdom rainnt dot com. Hit the tab that says tour and me and to Judais cannot wait to see you on Tuesday, June eighteenth in New York City.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rain Drives, she's.
Speaker 2: My girl from the OC. No, not Tamra Judge girls. I'm talking about the amazing kid KC.
Speaker 3: We have so much to talk about.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just dive right into a girl.
Speaker 2: So, guys, Kate and I are going to just talk about Jersey. I did recap the first episode. I mentioned to you guys. I actually liked it. I thought it was good. And you guys have been asking me like, why haven't you recapped episode two or three? And I'm gonna be honest with you unless something happens that ignites something in me. I'm never going to use my microphone and good lighting.
Speaker 1: To just talk about an episode. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Nothing happened in episode two or three. And me and Kate before this podcast episode started, because we're friends in real life. We're just like catching up whatever, and I mentioned to her about Jersey and.
Speaker 1: She's like, girl, that's about to be over.
Speaker 2: So I need to talk to Kate now about Jersey Housewives because this season has started episode As of today as we're taping this, there's been three episodes. The last two were a snooze and it was revealed Kate, not sure you saw this on social media. The third episode of this season was the lowest rated live same date in the history of the fourteenth season franchise. Wow, What's happening with Jersey?
Speaker 4: Well, you have two factions, you have and the show used to be in the beginning. I liked it that it was like these two sister in laws fighting because I mean, everybody can kind of relate to that, and the concept of the show really differed from other franchises because there was this family, you know, kind of a centered aspect to it with the Manzos and Rita's, so adding Melissa made sense because they already kind of began with that concept.
Speaker 3: Shocking to me always.
Speaker 4: That Teresa was surprised by that, like, of course, they're going to have your sister in law who you hate, like she's been in the background for two seasons, like basically waving from the bushes in the background. You're surprised that they had your sister on, come on, sist long. But over time it's become like House of Gucci with these two factions, and it's like, if you're friends with her, you're not friends with me. And it's like that it doesn't work like that when you're trying to create an ensemble show. And you know, I've talked in the past about power and perceived power, and there's a lot of perceived power at this point on that show cast members that have perceived power, and I think it. The audience smells it, and they don't like it, Like it feels like they're all trying in their own or at least the two factions are trying in their own way to lay lay lines, and the audience is like, I watch this as my escape from my crazy work week and my children or my life.
Speaker 3: And I don't like the idea that you think you control the show. So there's like a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: The fact that Melissa and Teresa will not film together is such a bad issue. It's just you cannot continue this, and it's almost like they I feel like they've it's like paralyzed the show. It's like they've had a stranglehold on the show. And the other thing I don't like is that because you don't really have that ensemble field, because you have two people that refuse to acknowledge each other in a scene, they've now sort of leaned in too hard in the Husbands, and I gotta be honest with you, FEMA audience is like, fuck the Husbands. This is a show that I want to watch about women who are having really relatable experiences, which include how you lose your part of your own identity when your children go off to college, the power dynamic in your marriages, friendship issues, taking care of elderly parents, like all those things that Real Housewives is so good at telling that that you can't find in other parts of like entertainment. I feel like it's being drowned out by these try hard husbands. Like in the last episode there's a scene where these loser guys are doing shots out of an inflatable woman, out of her asshole. Do you think that women want to watch this show?
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch it as a gay man.
Speaker 3: Well, of course you don't, because you respect.
Speaker 1: Women number one. Yes. And also, you guys are older men.
Speaker 2: I expect this from like twenty something year old frat boys, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But not like men and there forty who have daughters.
Speaker 4: You have daughters and you're taking shots out of an asshole. It's not funny, No, it's not, and some people on social media it's like, how is this ever gonna end? They sent off their kids to school, But yeah, that's a big damn moment for Teresa Melissa. That's Melissa's first child, and the reality is there's a part of her self identity that she's trying to like figure out when one like you that's been your whole life is taking care of a child. But let's like smooth over that because the guy wants to do some shots. It's like what And also I feel like Frank's moment where he goes over he Jelorus and he's like, I'm going to propose.
Speaker 3: She was like, yeah, okay, great, who cares?
Speaker 4: Like he thinks he's way more important than the show to the show than I think he really is. And Joe Gorga always bugs me too, because he is like infantile in some of those scenes. Like and I don't know how you feel about this, but I want to know. Like some of the stuff is like borderline creepy. The way they're always like it's like this almost like veiled homophobic stuff. I don't know, it's like slapping each other's asses and like talk about dildo's and like I don't know, it's just like it feels very like infantile, like where are the grown up conversations? Like I feel like other the men in other franchises have far more adult yes oh, conversations. And it's just like it's almost like belittling the people that watch the real houses in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: It's like, this is not what we're signing up for.
Speaker 2: Who sister, you said a mouthful there? Yes, where do I begin? I mean, listen, I agree with everything you're saying, especially when it comes to look, when this season came back and we knew that Melissa and Teresa were both going to be on it, I think we all know we were doomed. And as a reality TV creator, producer all those things, I'm aware that you never want to give anyone the perception that they run the show.
Speaker 1: Like I get it, Like.
Speaker 2: Right, you never want to Let's let's have a real conversation, Kate. If Melissa's gone, the perception, not the reality, it's the perception. If Melissa was fired, the perception would have been Teresa want she got her way.
Speaker 1: Ifa was right.
Speaker 2: If Teresa was fired, Melissa would have been perceived that she got her way, right, So we knew that that was probably the basis of why they said.
Speaker 1: Well, you're both coming back.
Speaker 2: The unfortunate part is this, we want to watch a show of people who we believe.
Speaker 1: Like being around each other.
Speaker 2: Maybe not love each other, maybe I have slummer parties, but like at least like being around each other. And this will probably go down in history worse than Potomac to me as the most divided cast I have ever seen on reality television. This show is more divided than the people trying to date Flavor flav you know, it's they do not It's like this prize at the end that they all want, which is another season. So in my opinion, what I'm watching is you have Teresa's group, which is Jennifer Aiden, Jennifer Fessler is trying to figure out her place in the ensemble. Then we saw Jackie Goldschneider and Margaret have a little tiff.
Speaker 1: Just about things she was saying to jen Fessler.
Speaker 2: And then you have the Melissa team, which is Margaret, Joseph, obviously Rachel and I feel like Dan Yelle just did to make good TV and show for mumus. But for me, there isn't this sense of we want to be around each other, and everybody is saying, hey, join my team because there's power and numbers, and we can go to the network saying we are real friends, get rid of the group that isn't really friends. And I don't know how much I can watch if this is what I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, also, I think the news that it's been revealed that there are cast members that have allegedly been working with social media accounts to try to destroy other cast members, like, it's way too dark. I can't imagine an executive at not Bravo is like this is this is something I'm happy about. I mean, you want to see a show where you feel like there's joyful friendship, there's like you know, like just slapstick stuff with really heartfelt well like deep and moving moments. You need a little bit of both. I don't feel like I'm getting either of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it just hit me.
Speaker 2: You and I both agree that this past season of Baidley Hills wasn't the greatest season. You know, it wasn't the greatest. We've seen much better seasons, But it just dawned on me, Kate. The reason why that show continuously does well on the ratings, and I think this was their highestpreaded season. Shockingly, it is because at bare minimum is what you just said two seconds ago, they have these joy these joyful moments around each other. It's not dark. They're not conspiring against each other. It's like when they get along. It's actually enjoyable to watch them like get along and they like being around each other, and it's believable. Yeah, and it's probably it's just dawned on me. I would love to get your take. Is the Real Housewives of Bailey Hills the most genuine caz of women who enjoy being around each other?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, Miami, Miami. That's the best real housewives show on the air. That is like real friendships, heartfault moments, lots of hilarity. It captures the city beautifully. It's got the beautiful landscapes, but it really like encapsulates the culture. And every woman has such an interesting singular story and then they have these complex dynamics too. I think that is the best, and I think what's frustrating is that they don't get the attention that they deserve. That is, to me, the best Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: Why is that? You think you know what.
Speaker 4: One other person pointed this out to me, and I can't remember who it was. Gibson Gibson John said it. Gibson John said that the women of Miami pulled it up, put it all out on the line because it was taken from them.
Speaker 3: So when they came back, they're like, we really.
Speaker 4: Have to put it all out there if we really want this show to work. And I think on other franchises there's some people that believe that and some people that get a little bit lazy. And the show like Miami, you have Lisa who goes to all the other women in the Florida Keys and she says, Lenny and I are gonna divorced, and also he's been sleeping with another woman and they all screamed, and you're like, those are real those are real friends. And even though like they all get mad at Larsa the minute that she says, like I broke up with you know, my boyfriend, they're right there. That is like real friendship. I feel like the women of Real Housewaves in New Jersey need to study that show. That's a show that people want to watch and invest in. And then also Miami of like really interesting personal stories like Gerdy and cancer, and Alexia is one of the To me, she's one of the best housewives because that is a woman who has lived a life. That's what you want one like a woman who's lived a good, layered life. And that's why that forty to fifty range just so cool, because they've raised children, they've been married once or twice or maybe more, and they've been around the world and like they're very layered people. And I feel like New Jersey is kind of like it's like stuck in time. It's still stuck in twenty thirteen, like no evolving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 3: It's very Jersey short. It's like stuck in that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So what does this show need? Okay, k Casey.
Speaker 2: You are at your desk, right, you have the corner office at thirty Rock. You are on the top floor of the building. Okay, people are scared of you.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are the Miranda Priestley of executives.
Speaker 1: You work at Bravo.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Yeah, you have.
Speaker 2: A presentation meeting with Francis Buruswick, who was like the chairman of NBC, and you are talking about how to Sabage Jersey because you just got the ratings overnight and it showed you that it was the lowest rated episode in the fourteen year history of the show.
Speaker 1: What is kay Casey going to do to fix it?
Speaker 4: I say, Francis, we got to get rid of Melissa and Teresa, and we need to in the short term, Yes, bring in the ones that have been hanging out in the background, but.
Speaker 3: We have to shift somebody beautifully.
Speaker 4: I'm forgetting the person's name on Twitter, but they just put it up where they put a map of all the real housews in New Jersey and wherever they live. And I love that and said you need to do that for every past because it shows you how far away they all live from one another. If they could get like maybe the two new women that they had, Tiffany and Kayla in the background, I feel like they're friends with Danielle. Shift towards that like that age, like wherever they live, fine women in that community, and lean into that. I think the story of Melissa and Teresa, with all respect to them, we know it. There are a lot of housewives that we get to a point where, like like Vicky Gumbolson was one of them, where like, I know who you are. I get like, I get it, but I think it's time for us to meet somebody new. It's like having the same person to your dinner party every week.
Speaker 3: Their lives didn't change that much. Isn't it fun to invite somebody over.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know, they have like a different kind of job, and they just went on a trip to you know, on a safari and they've been like in the middle of a breakup. You're like, that's fun. Not inviting the same person dinner party every freaking week. Oh what are we having chicken stew again?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 4: Look kids, Big Ben Parliament, that is the problem. Get some new stuff in there. So I would do that, would get rid of Melissa, and I would get rid of Teresa. And I presume they probably cost them a lot of money.
Speaker 1: In terms of how much they make, how.
Speaker 3: Much they make.
Speaker 4: So if you get I'm be honest with you, if I'm thinking like an executive, I go, I get rid of that. I'm gonna save myself. We're gonna save a ton of this is what I'm saying to Francis. I'm like, we're gonna save a ton of money. We're gonna get rid of those two. We're gonna get the two new housewives because we don't really have to pay them a lot of money for the first three seasons. And then we're gonna ask them who their group of friends are, and we're gonna send myself and somebody else in to interview the people in the community or who they're friends with, and we're gonna adjust this show to make it a newer, better, better version.
Speaker 3: You know, they did it in New York and it's great. It's a big hit. I think I think the.
Speaker 4: Good people that watch the show are are gonna be okay with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're keeping Marge and Jen Festler, Rachel and Danielle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would lean into Rachel and Danielle's friends, and we moved we move in that direction, Like doesn't Jen Fessler have some fun friends that are.
Speaker 3: Just wacka doos? See?
Speaker 4: That's the other thing is like women in their forties and fifties, they don't care as much.
Speaker 3: They're not They're like, this is who I am. Fuck it.
Speaker 4: You have a little bit more of a problem with someone's like thirty too, because they're like, well, my mother in law, she thinks I'm a bad mother, and I really want to, like, I can't be on a TV show forty or the fifty year old woman, especially the ladder.
Speaker 3: Like fifty, like late fifties.
Speaker 4: She's like, fuck my mother in law, right, you want those kind of women too?
Speaker 1: No, And that's the reason why.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot to metch her name jen Aiden. Are you keeping her?
Speaker 4: Oh no, she's gone, maybe gone gone, maybe gone. She's been gone gone. I didn't even think about in my mind she's gone.
Speaker 1: Oh why tell me?
Speaker 4: I just think she doesn't really add that much to the show, you know. I feel like I got to know her a couple of seasons ago, and I'm like, there's nothing really left to talk about, you know what I mean? And I feel like what I've seen play out on social media is so disturbing about these accounts alleging that she is with the help of others like trying.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I have to say personally, I was affected by that. One time I interviewed Margaret last season. To tell you this, I interviewed.
Speaker 1: Her, you did.
Speaker 4: I interviewed Margaret last last year, and I was like, I, all of a sudden, I get this, like onslought of like terrible tweets like disparaging me and my show, a ton of like bad.
Speaker 3: Apple reviews because I.
Speaker 4: And like these tweets were insanity, like as if I had been working in cahoots with Margaret and that's why I interviewed. I'm like that the people have lost their mind. So this one account has gone on to say that apparently there's like a whole strategy like if anybody should be bold enough to interview people on the other side of the fence of New Jersey, that you are ripe for getting ripped on, like essentially almost like bullying people into not covering or interviewing certain cast members because they're, you know, on the wrong side of the fence, which is like what, like come on.
Speaker 1: No, they is listen. There's there's a there's a section of people who take away too far. Yeah, that's wait, and that's taking it too far.
Speaker 2: Like we're journalists, we're podcast lls, we're bloggers, consecrators what you want to call anybody in this field. We're not here to place judgment on the entire cast. It's our job to ask questions. It's no secret that Teresa Judais is a friend of mine. I had Margaret on my podcast. Yeah, because for me it was about Margaret's on the show.
Speaker 1: She has a story.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk to Margaret and I would love to talk to Melissa Gorda.
Speaker 1: I will add Teresa Yea.
Speaker 2: And I want to say this for the record, Teresa never once said why.
Speaker 1: The fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: She didn't give a shit because she understands, like, who cares she's on the show?
Speaker 1: Talk to her. So when the fans, some of them, when.
Speaker 2: They go too far as to attacking people on Twitter, leaving bad reviews on Apple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I think the question, though, is there are certain fans that do that, but are they doing it at the instruction of someone And that's the question. And I'm to say, as somebody who speaks to people that are executive producers a lot, this is not something they want to deal with. They are trying to make a show out of what they're given and this executive producers, all the people who work on shows work their asses off and to have someone do that behind the scenes is enormously frustrating. And that's the thing that gets lost in it that I really really gets on my nerves. Are the people, you know, it's fun to watch these shows, but there are people that put together these shows who work really, really hard, and you're demeaning them when you do stuff like that. So I would presume they're like, I don't want to deal with this person anymore. You're making my job a lot harder than it should be. This should be a fun experience.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, and that's the reason why for me, is one of those things where it's just it takes the fun out of it. Yeah, and you can't allow the show to take over your life. It's yeah crazy like you and I K we get a kick out of this, We enjoy it.
Speaker 1: You have a full life. You are a full full time mom, a full time wife. You you have a full life on your own.
Speaker 2: So to have someone come in and disrupt it because they don't like what you're who you're talking.
Speaker 1: To, like guys that that that's not okay. And one thing about Jersey the show is.
Speaker 3: Dark and I think I'm pretty fair.
Speaker 1: Oh you, Oh you're very fair. No, I've known you for years, you're you're you're very fair.
Speaker 2: But again it's more so about like, well, you're talking to this person and I think I think that's like this cloud over Jersey and anything associated with it.
Speaker 1: It's just dark, it is, and.
Speaker 2: It's I don't remember the last time I saw the girls like have a girl's trip and had fun and no, I okay, I can't recall the last time the girls just laughed?
Speaker 1: Well, how can by the way, for each other's company?
Speaker 4: How can you laugh when someone to seat pre season before said I had an investigator to do it like a thorough like look into all of you?
Speaker 3: How was that fun? That? Like? Do you want to be part of shore?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 3: I'd be like, I'm out, folks, sorry.
Speaker 1: So does this show need to be put on pause until they know?
Speaker 4: Doesn't need to be on pause? Just get rid of people and move new people in. Let's be honest. It's this is like the Jennifer Convertibles of it all.
Speaker 3: Like move the old furniture out and move the new in. What do I always say?
Speaker 4: Real house wis is like Menudo somebody else, Like you know, somebody's voice cracks and they get a mustache trying to move you out.
Speaker 3: Got to get somebody new.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, Follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, Tick Talk, and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yeah, and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality.
Speaker 1: With the King.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby