Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Well, Elon Musk is now the richest person on the planet.
Speaker 3: More than half the satellites in space are owned and controlled by one man. Well, he's a legitimate super genius.
Speaker 4: I mean legitimate.
Speaker 3: He says he's always voted for Democrats, but this year it will be different.
Speaker 1: He'll vote Republican.
Speaker 2: There is a reason the US government is so reliant on him.
Speaker 1: Alon Musk is a scam artist and he's done nothing.
Speaker 5: Anything he does, he's fascinating people.
Speaker 3: Welcome to elan Ink, Bloomberg's weekly podcast about Elon Musk. It's Tuesday, December sixteenth. I'm your host, David Popadopolis. This week, there's a chill in the air. Well, it's been drafty for a while actually, but it's absolutely ice cold right now between Sam Altman and Elon Musk, as their feud enters that digging up old emails and posting them on the internet. Phase we'll examine what AI is put out there about Musk, and then take a deeper look at Donald Trump's NASA pick Jared Isaacman and what his long standing relationship with Elon could mean for SpaceX. Joining me are our stalwarts, Dana Hull and Max Chafkin. Dana, Hello, Hey Max, David.
Speaker 2: Every time you say the NASA, I think you're gonna mention the county executive of NASA county rather than days.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get the pronunciation right. Say it for me, Max, NASA, NASA, NASA, NASA, NASA next to Suffolk, which is what These are all my never change, These are all my favorite counties. And then later on Lauren Grush, our Space reporter, will talk to us about the Jared Isaacman selection. Oh and then wait, Elon's also building a preschool for kids in Texas. A little on that at the end from Dana, and maybe time permitting a little mail from the mail bag. We start with Open AI and the spat that is now building rapidly with Musk and you know, Max, the other day I read that Altman said Samueltman, the head of Open AI, said that he was quote tremendously sad about the feud with Elon, And you know, I'm I'm I'm sure he is. It can't be cool to be in this bruising battle with an old pal of yours. But you know, for us here lovers of feud.
Speaker 2: There are so many good feuds going on right now. There's Elon and Gary Gensler, there's Elon in the post office, and then there's this one.
Speaker 4: Like you said, this.
Speaker 3: One all of a sudden, out of the blue of sorts, has become such a fever, has hit such a fevered pitch that it not only is appearing on the show, but is appearing as our lead segment. So, Max, when this trove of messages was revealed the other day by open ai, what exactly did they show?
Speaker 2: The messages show what open Ai and Sam Altman have contended all along, which is that Elon Musk complaints And just to remind people, the complaint is that Elon Musk funded this not for profit with the idea that he was going to, you know, help the world stave off AI apocalypse, and Sam Altman and his colleagues essentially took the money and turned it into a for profit company, cutting out one Elon Musk. And what the emails show is that at various times, according to the emails that have been released, And I think you need to be a little bit careful when you're talking about this stuff because we because obviously this can be selective. We're not seeing.
Speaker 3: Either that the emails are bogus, but that you are just that you're seeing.
Speaker 2: A selection of emails that they found and they put up on a website. We are not seeing the product of discovery. I'm sure if Elon Musk went.
Speaker 3: Through how do we okay? So we're not seeing these through court document.
Speaker 4: No, this is just open.
Speaker 2: AI is responding in public and assumedly they've they've already responded in court at various times.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk has refiled the suit.
Speaker 3: So you know, can I interupt for a second. How common is it when you've got a legal spat in court going on, that you are also doing this publicly in this way it.
Speaker 2: Happens, I mean, you know, as as you know, like a lot of times when companies sue each other, it is partly a negotiation, and of course there are different way you know, you're you're negotiating for money essentially over however, whatever was taken from you, and companies will try to negotiate in court. There's a strategy where you like, don't talk to the press at all, you let the court filings speak for them. But there's also a course of strategy where you brief the press at every turn.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've all seen sort of TV.
Speaker 2: Lawyers and and open AI and Elon Musk to some extent, are following the latter strategy. Elon is filing these lawsuits, but he's also tweeting about it. There he's he's giving Sam Altman a nickname.
Speaker 4: Swindley. Sam is the is the nickname he's supplied Dick.
Speaker 2: I've said it a few times, but I think I just mostly find it amusing that Elon Musk has adopted the Trump affectation of giving people demeaning nicknames.
Speaker 4: So so I just see it as more of that evolution.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the emails show or seem to show that Elon Musk first of all, was supportive of the idea of making it a for profit company because they were all worried that, according to the emails again that they were not gonna have enough money to build these massive computing clusters. And secondly, they show that Elon Musk had a very real fixation this will not come as a surprise the listeners of the show, a very real fixation on control, on owning a lot of this very eventually very valuable company and also being able to control it and also naming himself CEO, and when he was thwarted there, he tried to kind of merge it with Tesla. Now again, this is the open ai story. I think we have to assume that the story could be more complicated than these emails.
Speaker 4: But that's that's what the email show.
Speaker 1: To Max's point, there's there's court and then there's like the court of public opinion. And I think that open ai has taken the tack of as we're like responding in court, let's also respond publicly on our blog. And they're you know, they're putting out these blogs where they're like, here's the latest, here's the latest. And I think that that's very tactical by Sam Altman and his supporters because they have receipts and they're making them. It really kind of shows, you know, that Elon is talking out of both sides of his mouth. I mean, he wanted it to be a for profit company when he was in control, and then as soon as he lost control, he's been digging them for trying to be for profit. And so whoever he's got the servers there at open ai, I mean, they've got these emails going back years and they're just dribbling them out like bit by bit. This is not the only first time that we've seen the emails come out. And it's just a reminder to all journalists that like, lawsuits are a gold mind, and like you got to look at all the you got to look at all the appendency appendencies, and you've got to read all the emails, and old emails are just great. I love them. If you have any, send them to us Elon Inc.
Speaker 2: At Bloomberg, gott Neet. Just just a reminder. It can also go the other way, right. You can sort of fight a lawsuit by issuing a press release or calling a press conference. You can also use a lawsuit to generate positive publicity. And I think all along we have seen as we've talked about this dispute, we have seen it as partly a way for Elon Musk to call attention to all the amazing work he is doing at x Ai, his ai chatbot competitor, which is very importantly a competitor open Ai, to help attract employees. He is making a statement with this lawsuit as much as he is asking the court to stop open ai from turning into a not for profit from turning into a four.
Speaker 3: No help us for a second there and remind us where exactly at this point we feel like x Ai fits in the constellation of the Musk Empire. It was obviously it is perhaps the very newest of all his companies, but it seems like one that potentially has a rapidly growing valuation.
Speaker 2: Of course, all probably the third most valuable company in the empire.
Speaker 3: Boring.
Speaker 2: You're not going to believe this, but the tunneling industry is not the growth industry that.
Speaker 3: I'm offended for. The men and women are boring the chat because you have a third just but so Tesla SpaceX x Ai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not saying that's because they've created more values to come, but but it's this is just how investors are valuing these things. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that that value is in the tens of billions of dollars because look, they've built a credible chat bot. Now I think you can you can quibble with elon Musk and I'm sure open Ai would that, just just like how much of open AI's business has he replicated, how much of open aas customer bases? He replicated but he's built this valuable thing. He's also acquired a very large cluster of these GPUs, the chips that train AI algorithm rhythms. He's he's got, you know, one of the players in this industry. And open ai is worth a lot of money. So even if it's not worth as much as open ai, it could easily be worth you know, something like fifty billion dollars at least as far as some investors are going to see it. And that is interestingly not only like the third would be like the third biggest and most valuable company in the Musk Empire, but it would probably make it more valuable than good old x you know, Twitter, which he bought for forty four billion, but which has seen its valuation fall since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Xai, like they built this massive cluster.
Speaker 4: What are they calling it?
Speaker 1: Colossus? I forget, I forget the naming conventions for but like the but the data center that they that they've built with all these Nvidia GPUs and Memphis is called Colossus. And you know, if this is like a gold rush where basically whoever has the most chips or the most GPUs wins, I mean, Elon is in the game and Sam Altman is his biggest competitor in this race. If you look at the constellation of companies SpaceX SO, Tesla, SpaceX x AI, then you've got you know, Neuralink.
Speaker 3: Boring and X You've got X last, and you've got Boring second or last. Just for the record, I just want to say it. I mean to me, I value Boring as the most valuable of them all.
Speaker 2: Can I just fly a couple of fun things from this emails?
Speaker 3: You have other things from the trophy hit.
Speaker 2: One thing, one thing that comes across. Well, first of all, there's a proposal to use crypto to fund open ai because they need all this money. And and from the emails you can conclude that Elon Musk does not see that as a very viable approach, which is kind of funny because he in public, you know, is is the doge father.
Speaker 4: He's always talking about her.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by use crypto to fund open as.
Speaker 4: We an I c O initial Remember this created.
Speaker 3: News if you create a news coin, create a new coin.
Speaker 2: And Elon Musk, at least in private, very much saw it that way as as something that we gimmicky, unserious or whatever. And and dissuaded or attempted.
Speaker 3: To come out that was from the Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: Like in the back and forth, you see it, well right.
Speaker 3: Now with all the coins worth, the zillion dollars that didn't.
Speaker 4: Maybe it would have been the right move.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: The other the other thing is, you know what you see in this in this back and forth, and I think this is going to be like this is a real problem, I think for both these guys, because first of all, they're both making points that seem somewhat damaging to the other, and they both kind of come off as people who are talking a big game about the sort of higher purposes of what they're doing, but then behind the scenes are very concerned with money, which kind of undercuts the sense of a higher purpose.
Speaker 3: And I think it.
Speaker 2: Really shows a sort of political clumsiness. And it makes me wonder what is going to happen when this kind of thing happens in the Trump administration, Because you're gonna have the same thing.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have this this like collision of higher goals.
Speaker 2: We're going to try to streamline government, we're gonna we're gonna reach the stars or whatever, and then you're gonna have the reality that Elon Musk is also very interested in getting paid. He is interested in control. You know, he's interested in the normal things that business people are interested in. And I don't think he has that much experience kind of navigating this in public, and so I feel like this could be a preview of the awkwardness to come over the next you know, four years potentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed, so you see it as a bit of a potentially a lose lose here for both Musk and Altman. And anyway, it looks like the next step in this case, if I'm not mistaken, is a hearing in January. And so it'll just keep keep coming up again and again.
Speaker 2: They did manage to squash the beef once at the earlier this year. You know, who knows, maybe they'll be able to work it out. And you saw Sam Altman make some kind of positive comments about Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: Elon Muskin acknowledge those comments.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there's some kind of hug.
Speaker 3: There was a hug, which is all part of the reason why Altman is now tremendously sad about it.
Speaker 2: They hugged it out and then Musk refiled the lawsuit. So who knows maybe they'll be able to find their way, you know, on the porty, on the patio at mar A Lago or something and make the.
Speaker 3: Piece any good feud, any truly truly good feud. To be a top feud, it's got to be capable of overcoming a brief datime.
Speaker 4: For me, it has to have the prospect of physical violence.
Speaker 3: Well, it's true, you're raising good point that we've moved. We've drifted pretty far from the initial goal of it all, which was to get people in a cage match.
Speaker 1: And now talking about speaking okay, speaking of cage match, can we talk about how Meta filed something where they're basically supporting Elon in his fight against Open AI. Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Miss this?
Speaker 2: I did see that, and I think I mean, it's sort of interesting because on you have Mark Zuckerberg donating money to Trump. You have an actual potentially a Dayton between Zuckerberg and Elon. You know, the original feud actually seems to be cooling a little bit. They're both sort of on team Trump. They seem somewhat aligned on a number of issues, including the need to slow down the market leader in AI with Zuckerberg of course, has a big AI effort, and also around TikTok. Oh, actually I'm wrong about that, not around TikTok because Zuckerberg wol want to ban it and Elon has said that.
Speaker 3: But the mind is, if we get a cage match coming and Zuckerberg's in the ring and Muska is in the ring, they are partner tag team partners rather then grappling against one another.
Speaker 1: The enemy of the enemy is my friend, so Mark, and we got.
Speaker 3: Zuckerberg and Musk now on one side, we just need two other people for them to wrestle.
Speaker 4: I team partner for Sam Alman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone preferably a little bit larger than listeners.
Speaker 4: Elon Ink at Bloomberg dot net. Send us your ideas and we will consider.
Speaker 3: To be Sam Altman's tag team partner. Okay, We're now joined by Lauren Grush, who covers all things space for us here at Bloomberg. Hey, Lauren, Hi, guys. Okay, Lauren, real simple question to get us started here. Tell us who is Jared Isaacman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jared has become something of a really interesting figure in both the space world and the SpaceX world. So prior to twenty twenty one, I had no idea who he was, and now I know him quite well, or at least know of him quite well. He's a billionaire. He's the founder of Shift for payments, which you might recognize when you were swiping your credit card at various restaurants or buying gifts. It's a payment liaison system. And when he took his company public, he became a billionaire and decided he wanted to invest in SpaceX, and so he called them up and he floated the idea of actually, you know, flying on one of their rockets one day, and then that kind of snowballed, and all of a sudden, he had booked an entire flight for him and three other people on a SpaceX Dragon and became the first to fly the an all civilian crew to orbit. And ever since then he's become something of a central figure at SpaceX, where he kind of serves as this financial accelerator, if you will, because he funded this program called LARIS, which is a research and development program where they try to advance human spaceflight at SpaceX, and they flew the first of those missions this year, called Polaris Dawn. And you might have seen that he was the first to perform a commercial spacewalk in newly designed SpaceX spacesuits. So Jared's definitely become intric you know, intimately involved with SpaceX in some very interesting ways.
Speaker 3: How shocking was it for you when you saw Trump pick him to lead NASA going forward? I mean from Afar, I think the way it struck me and perhaps others is, man, this really feels like it's got Elon's fingerprints written all over at this pick.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. I definitely was a little surprised. I had heard his name from like an offhand source was like, maybe him, and I was like, I don't think so. Because of that research and development program. I was telling you about the Polaris program. It actually constitutes three flights. So the Polaris Dawn flight was just the first and the third one is going to culminate with the first crude flight of Starship. And from my understanding, Jared wants to be on those flights. I mean, he hasn't said I don't think they right.
Speaker 3: So the head of the head of NASA is going to be going up into space. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: I mean, we can get into that. I'm he recently said that Polaris might be on a bit of a pause at the moment while we figure all this out. But I did wonder, you know, could the NASA administrator go into space?
Speaker 3: While I likely mac this is going to be a new president. If you're going to run NASA, you got to get up there yourself.
Speaker 4: Objectively cool, I think we can all agree.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: It would be even cooler if Trump himself would go up there too, But I think it's like the next best thing. But I feel like, you know, we've been talking about these kind of appointments that Elon Musk has had a hand in, and this one looks like you and Lauren are saying out of the box, Elon Musk, this is this is my guy. I mean I I looked, and I do think you can make a pretty an interesting case for his qualifications. Right, he's not tradition, he's not conventionally qualified, but he does seem like he's qualified in other ways, right as somebody who's who actually has had experience in business, who has who knows the private industry. But it really does feel like a big point against him is he's like hopelessly conflicted. I mean, he this guy, he is pretty much an investor. Now, maybe not a profit motivated investor, but like an investor in SpaceX. I don't know how other companies there. It's gonna it's gonna be very easy for them to argue that they're not going to get a fair.
Speaker 3: So Lauren has do we actually know beyond putting up financing for that Polaris program, is he an equity investor in SpaceX? And if so, do we know if he plans to divest and get out of that position?
Speaker 5: I asked and did not get a response. I mean, he's definitely invested his money into these programs. Whether or not he holds shares, I think is still an open question. But presumably if he did. You know, we've had NASA administrators who've held stock before in contractors that NASA employees or you know, does business with, and they've had to divest those shares. So presumably if he did have SpaceX shares, he would divest them when it comes to the conflict of interest. You know, that was kind of my biggest thought when I first heard it. You know, I talked with Lori Garver, who was the former deputy administrator for NASA under Obama and She talked about how they were very cognizant of trying to maintain a separation between the political side versus the contracting and the procurement side of things. She said that they went so far as to not even be briefed on decisions that were, you know, being made about contracting, just to make sure that there wasn't even an, you know, optically a thought that they were kind of putting their their finger on the scale whether or not that is, you know, an enforceable thing they can do, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I think I think the question is fair that the perceived favoritism is what he's going to be up against when he takes takes the role.
Speaker 1: But Lari Garbo was kind of excited about him as the pick, right, aren't people within come Yeah, commercial Space super like jazz about about Isaacman being nominated? I mean, and is there any real opposition to him on Capitol Hill?
Speaker 5: I should I should be clear. I think a lot of people are excited about him. He comes with a very commercial space friendly mindset. I don't think it's necessarily that he's going to be all in on SpaceX. I think he what he likes is the way SpaceX operates and the fact that they move so quickly and that they try to you know, be more efficient and cut costs and lower the price of getting to space. What he very much does not like is the slow, unmotivated contractors. You know, these are you know, his opinions that you know, rely on cost plus contracts that don't seem to have much incentive to move quickly, are constantly delayed and late. And I shall say, you know, SpaceX also is late, but comparatively, they do move more quickly than their rivals. And so he's very clear that he doesn't like this old way of doing business that NASA is very used to and very much embraces, you know, the government getting more bang for its buck when it's working with these private companies. And I think a lot of people are really excited about or in the.
Speaker 3: Piece you had on him the other day, which was quite good, you noted how he publicly ISAA mean. Isaacman doesn't say all that much about Musk, but he has made, as you're alluding to here, comments about some SpaceX big rivals. He's had issues with some of the ways you know, Boeing's doing things and even Bezos's Blue Origin. But then he gave a quote the other day that I thought was really interesting about how he views competition and whether he will treat SpaceX favorably. And the quote was, I don't want SpaceX to ever give up the edge, and the only way they're going to keep that edge sharp is by feeling like somebody is coming up right behind them. So he at least is saying here to us like, hey, I'm going to try to keep all the biggest players in the game. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think that's a noble sentiment that he expressed. But the problem is, I'm not sure it's really based in reality in the sense that, yes, I think everybody wants there to be competition with SpaceX, real competition with SpaceX. The problem just is there isn't. Really, there's no one that's on their level right now. There just isn't. And maybe Blue Origin will catch up, maybe ULA will get its act together and start launching more frequently, but the issue just is that there is no one comparable at the moment, and so if we are going to be redirecting resources to go with the more efficient company, I mean it's safe to assume those contracts are going to go to SpaceX, so, you know, I think it's nice to say that. And you know, Gwyn Shotwells.
Speaker 3: Actually asked this of the head of SAX.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, President and CEO was asked, you know, about competition, and she even openly admitted she's I think it's going to be really hard to catch us on launch because they are just the by by far, the most prolific launch provider right now, and developing rockets is really tough, and it's SpaceX kind of leads the charge. I mean, they could probably you know, undercut other people's prices at this point, making it you know, more desire to go at them. So I think it's just going to be a really tough for someone to be a comparable competitor that you have others.
Speaker 3: Very good, Lauren, Well listen, assuming mister Isaacman takes over there. You will be back on soon to let us know how that's going. And in the meantime, happy holidays to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you as well.
Speaker 3: Now, Dana, you snuck out on us this morning a fascinating little piece about a preschool that Elon is building. Tell us about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I guess the big picture is you know, Elon Musk is a man of many interests. We focus here at Elon Inc. On his companies and his ascendant political empire, but he's also quite interested in education. In the early days of SpaceX, they had a kind of quasi private school running within SpaceX called at Astra that his older children went to. When the pandemic happened, that that school kind of wound down. But now that SpaceX is sort of building out US facilities in Texas and Elon has all these companies in Bastrip outside of Austin, he is yet again building a Montessori based preschool called at Astra, and it's pretty close to completion. I got some records from the Texas state agency that regulates childcare facilities. There's all this back and forth. They've got the permit, and it's not clear to me whether this school is open to the general public or whether it's primarily for the children of either Elon himself or his employees. It seems likely that it's in his employees. But this is just a reminder that this guy has a lot of interests. Education is clearly one of them. And the other thing that is fascinating to me is that if you look at his political Action Committee, the vast majority of the money was donated by Elon himself, but it also got outside donations, including from Betsy Devas, the former Education secretary, and some of her relatives, and so there's some kind of Betsy Devas Elon Musk alignment around education.
Speaker 3: Danna remind me and the rest of the uninitiated out there, what makes a Montessori school a Montessori school A and B? Why the name at astra?
Speaker 1: So I'm personally a big fan of Montessori. My own kid went to a Montsauri elementary school, and it's a philosophy named after Maria Montessori, the Italian kind of educator and innovator. And the big thing is multiage classrooms, the ideas that children learn best from their peers and the teachers. It's not like the teacher standing in front of the room lecturing like the kids. It's very play based. The kids learned from each other, the teachers there more as a guide and it's all the rage and Maria Montesssori kind of developed this philosophy in the era between World War One and wor Warshio and Italy. But now there are Montessori preschools all over the United States, hugely popular in the tech world. Larry Ellison basically has a Montessori preschool on the island of Lunai, and Elon has hired the same private educational company that helps to run Larry's preschool to help run his in Texas. At Astra means to the stars in Latin.
Speaker 2: I have so many questions here, Okay, so Elon Musk and Dani correct me if I'm wrong. He has put a ton of money into the foundation that is building this thing, right, more like more than one hundred million dollars, more.
Speaker 1: Than one hundred million dollars. Yeah, and he wants to build a university at some point too.
Speaker 2: So okay, I'm just seeing like a very large gap between the one hundred million dollars and the like one teacher, one assistant teacher.
Speaker 3: Maybe this is just step one.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I get My point is this does not feel like the most serious effort, and I think that, of course, I think part of why this is happening is because Elon Musk, as Dana says, actually has real ideas here. He's done this once before. He definitely we know from following him, you know, has very strong ideas about the failings of you know, kind of like the modern education system or whatever. But also he has this gigantic foundation that has to give away five percent of its money every year, and that amount of money has gone up quite a lot. So it's like it seems like part of what's going on is there's an interest. The other part is he needs to do something with this money which is just in Tesla stock that keeps appreciating. And it just doesn't seem they've thought that hard about this. If you're telling me he wants to remake the education system and then also he's going for the number one fad in childhood education, doesn't it seem I don't know, Like, isn't he supposed to be like dewokeifying the schools? Like reading dan As story, I'm seeing a lot of play you know, play base.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It sounds a little sounds a little uh progressive to me.
Speaker 1: So to David's point, I think that the preschool's step the preschool is step one. Step two is he's going to build a university also in Texas, and we just haven't seen, we haven't seen like exactly how that's going to take take shape. But he's got to two projects. There's the Musk Foundation, and the Musk Foundation has given money to the other project, which is called the Foundation, and the the Foundation is all about schooling. He was gonna do preschool through college, and I think this preschool and batch strip is step one. There's also another at Astra that's being built near Brownsville that also seems to be a daycare facility, maybe for SpaceX workers down there. And then yeah, I think at some point we'll see a K twelve school take shape and then eventually a university. And all this is happening in parallel with Musk's own children as they start to age. And then you know a lot of people in Musk's orbit also have young kids and so and there are.
Speaker 3: A lot of Musk children. Yeah, the man alone, the Musk family alone, You could fill up at Astra easy, just with the Musk kids. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, no, you need a pretty big building at this point.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, very good. It's one to walk for us there, Dana. So Max, we're gonna we're gonna wrap every so briefly here. We're going to dig into the mail bag because we got another bumper sticker idea that we kind of thought was at least I did. I don't know about you.
Speaker 4: I think we haven't seen this.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a reparation surprise. Okay. So Melicia, a listener in Pennsylvania, wrote in to say that she has apparently created and put on her modeless a couple of stickers, and these are These are the two stickers. The first one is I thought Nicola made it. She's pretty good. And then the second one, I don't know where. I don't know by the way I'm the bumper. I'm not exactly sure where each is going. It's not entirely clear to me. But the second one says, make this car not embarrassing again.
Speaker 4: So wow, I love.
Speaker 2: It could be confusing to people who are aware that there's a company called Nikola that has had something of a bumpy road but very very clever Nikola Tesla. Of course, that the person who Tesla is named after, but not folks, Melissa, I'm sorry, Nikola Tesla did not design the Tesla.
Speaker 3: She's going to be disappointed, Well, she apparently is disappointed. It has been for a while.
Speaker 2: But that's a great bumper sticker. Little what I got to say, make this car not embarrassing again. That is that's that's pretty clever. I haven't seen that before. You know, we've seen iterations on that, but the the kind of use of the Trump slogan, you know, that's Melissa, I think you might be honest with you just onto something.
Speaker 3: I think that one could potentially take off. We are still waiting, by the way, for Elon Inc. Bumper sticker ideas. I mean, in the meantime as we wait for them. The placeholder one I've come up with max for now, and this isn't quite it, but I think some iteration of this might be. Okay, we got we have to ruminate on. This is in support of the pod.
Speaker 2: I feel like we need to get those printed and then anyone who sends in a bumper.
Speaker 4: Sticker idea, we will.
Speaker 2: We will send you a bumper sticker with our name on it to promote our podcast.
Speaker 3: Right, but we gotta we gotta keep working on that. That's gonna come. Oh and by the way, the other thing to send in, if you might be so kind to Elon incoplenberg dot net is just more feud ideas.
Speaker 2: Is I'm open to all feuds they can be having to do with Doge, they can have to do with companies. They can even have to do with Elon Musk and other fictional characters or in fictional characters.
Speaker 3: I'll take it off and bumper stickers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max, Elon inink at Bloomberg Dotet.
Speaker 3: I got it excellent, Max, Dana, thanks as always, thanks for having us.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: This episode was produced by Stacy Wong. Anna Musa Rakus is our editor and Rayhan Harmanci is our senior editor. The idea for this very show also came from Rayhan Blake Maple's Handles Engineering and Emma Sanchez fact checks. Our supervising producer is Magnus Hendrickson. The Elon Inc. Theme is written and performed by Taka Yasuzawa and Alex Sugi Eira. Brendan Francis Newnham is our executive producer, and Sage Bauman is the head of Bloomberg Podcasts. A big thanks as always to our supporters Joel Webb and Bradstone. I'm David Pappadopolis. If you have a minute, rate and review our show, it'll help other listeners find us. See you next week.