Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, baby, Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you in for DP and the guys here. You can hear us before the Dan Patrick Show Monday through Friday, six to nine am Eastern Time three to six am Pacific time right here on Fox Sports Radio and.
Speaker 3: As always on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: So we will be carrying you along here on this football Friday all the way up until noon Eastern time today. So lots of football to talk about? Not quite it was a football game.
Speaker 3: Is there a lot to talk about? A great defense? As far would say? Right, I'll know. I don't know, man, No, that's not great defense.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, guys, I really didn't feel really good about Can I.
Speaker 3: Ask this question before you start on the football part of it?
Speaker 5: Because Var and I were together yesterday and there was speculation about why Jonas and Lee. I mean, we kind of know why Lee missed yesterday, but we weren't exactly sure why Jonas missed yesterday. The speculation was given the after Christmas discounts and how frugal Jonas is that he wanted to take time off to go Christmas shopping after Christmas, since that's that's typically his move. Anytime he can find a deal, he can he can find some way of cheaping out.
Speaker 3: That's what he'll do. Yeah, the shop.
Speaker 4: They said, catch the specials, the Mark Dowd specials at the dollar store.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Well, no, you catch him at the regular grocery store because any candy, holiday item whatever, you go through the Dale, it used to be the Dale Old bread rack used to be what it was called when they were getting rid of stuff. So it's always off to the side of the supermarket. So when you walk over there, Oh yeah, everything is slashed and dashed. I just picked up a fourth of July banner for twenty two cents. You get the brand new pristine.
Speaker 5: The Independence Day folks, it was the hole.
Speaker 3: Wasn't off the fireworks.
Speaker 2: That like a little poppers into the air, just like you know, change it around a little bit called New Year's Eve that you always.
Speaker 3: Say your family, lets us off your round though, right, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that works, Cali. Yeah, they definitely do things a little differently around here.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do. They're looking for any excuse to light off fireworks? What fireworks? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh no, I thought y'all was having family dinner, you know, because you off of each other's sam Wile and stuff like that. By the way, Brady Lee got a haircut. I mean Lee's hair is gone. He looks like an altar boy. He does. He looks like he's missing his robe. Oh god, he shaved it. Dude, looks like I don't know, man, I want to say, he looks like he's like.
Speaker 3: Clean, don't. I don't know. Are you saying the mullet's dirty? No?
Speaker 4: No, not clean, as in, like your mullet was dirty, Like you're clean? Yeah, Like like you like total game change. Yeah, like you've like taken control of your life. Like you look like you could be like a responsible adult right now.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: It kind of scares me a little bit. I don't know who I'm looking at. I don't know what I'm looking at right now. Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 5: We speculated you were just drunk, so that's why you want to take the day off.
Speaker 3: So well, not that I would take it off because of that, but did that. Yeah? Yeah, sure, there there you go. Yeah all right, I mean, so are we two for two there. I mean, is that fair to say? Pretty close? Like Lee was easy, Mina, it took a little bit, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean twenty two byes that is kind of crazy. Man Like, man, I don't know, that's kind of that's almost that's that's a that's an effort, which would have been a more of an effort.
Speaker 3: Than what we saw on the Prime. Yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 4: Was and I picked Chicago to win our money line Chicago, and I was like, this is the perfect game for them, the money line. Let me tell you something. They better be glad this isn't a longer season because they could have ruined And.
Speaker 3: Maybe they have I don't know, but they are on.
Speaker 4: The fringe of ruining Caleb Williams in one season. In one season, well white wait for two one they almost get it. Looks like they've almost gotten it done in one season.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, hold on, hold on. Now that we're here, I've gotta I've gotta pose a question. And by the way, do you remember that when this team was four and two with the chance to bat down a Hail Mary to go to five and two. Yes, and instead they've lost dead straight since that moment. But it was fresh off of Bye. Yeah, I digress. You made a statement saying in one year's time, they're gonna wreck Killer one. Has this one year in Chicago been worse than Bryce Young's experience last year in Carolina?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's close. I'm not gonna say it is. I will say this. I think the world expected way more from Caleb Williams, which means that in totality, this is worse because it's a different I think it's a different scenario. You look at Caleb Williams versus Bryce Young. It's like Bryce Young is in Carolina, He's undersize, like you see him come out.
Speaker 3: It's like, can this little dude do it?
Speaker 4: You know the Carolina Panthers, they were going through some things. I just think that the Chicago bears the market, the history of the organization, how much fanfare was surrounding Caleb Williams and all of the hype. I think, in totality, this is way worse. I think this is way worse because we are met, We are witnessing a can't miss generational talent. Compared to Patrick Mahomes go down like it's bad, it's not good.
Speaker 3: What's funny about.
Speaker 2: It is all the jokes that Bears fans and people in the media were making about, oh my god, they fleeced Carolina on that trade and this and that and look at what they got, and Carolina right now picks after them in the draft. So bad, They're so terrible, and I think it's worse from this standpoint. There were expectations going into the year that hey, listen, they've added pieces around him, they hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: You had expectations into this, but we didn't have four wins.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought four wins was very came really, but yes, we didn't have expect four four and thirteen team. I mean, that's eventually where they're headed, right. They gotta play the Bay next week. Yeah, they're gonna lose.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying we we didn't have expectations. You thought they'd be a wild card playoff? You did, Okay? Did you think there would be a four win team? Really? Yes, that's it, But I certainly did think. I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think you thought they were going to be a fringe seven to ten football team.
Speaker 3: Not me, not me, Who don't put that on me? Well, whatever it is, put that on me. I did not think they were going to be good.
Speaker 4: That is for certain, now what their win totals was, because they stink and I thought they were going to stink.
Speaker 3: I just I didn't put a win total. I don't know that I put a win seven.
Speaker 5: Still a long departure from your playoff prediction before the season for the Bears.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you guys had them not going to the postseason, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Did you have them this bad? Yes?
Speaker 2: I I okay, Well I didn't and I don't think a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people had them this bad. Well, you're a Bears fan, though, and you just don't like admitting it to everyone on air.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, listen, we're not gonna, you know, take pot shots here and everybody.
Speaker 3: We're not doing it. We're not taking pot shots.
Speaker 5: We're just trying to like be open with our audience and demonstrate the fact there's some bias there. You had high hopes. You're a Chicago fan, you love the Cubs, you love the Bears.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 4: It's out there for the public to know you're going to do it again come next season. Problem, You're gonna do it. Absolutely, you're going to do it again next season. I've been getting kicked in the nuts by them for forty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you must like it. Can we talk about though?
Speaker 5: One of the most alarming things that I'd be concerned with, okay, is in this grand scheme.
Speaker 3: Of what the hell was going on with the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 5: And there's all these reports and discussions about who they're head coaching candidate candidates are, who's making that decision? You hear fans, you know, chanting sell the team.
Speaker 3: At last night.
Speaker 5: This is as big give a dumpster fire as there is in the NFL.
Speaker 3: If we're being honest with.
Speaker 5: Ourselves, because at every single level you have an aptitude from whether it's the McCaskey family, they can't figure out how to build a stadium if it to mee Arlington or whatever. And so that starts at ownership. It then goes to Kevin Warren. You look at the roster. I don't think the roster's that bad. Whoever, their offensive line needed improvement. They really they kind of tried to address it, but not wholeheartedly the way they should have.
Speaker 3: That's still a big time struggle. The decision to.
Speaker 5: Fire Matt Eberflus, which has done nothing, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: For this team. Of course, and then you hire or you.
Speaker 5: Elevate Thomas Brown into a position where like, I'm not going to take shots at him because he's got almost zero experience being in this position. So if you if you're out there and you want to hammer him for his decision making last night in the final, you know, under three minutes go ahead, that's fine. You have every right to do so that's your opinion. Horrible, but it was horrible. It was That was some of the worst clock management I have ever seen. And it was shocking to think that you have coached in the NFL and that is not one of your priorities and understanding. You get a big gain when you're in a two minute drive or end of games, so you take the timeout. It takes so much time to get your group to line up.
Speaker 3: How about the.
Speaker 5: Play calling in the final moments. All you needed was a Fueld goal to tie, and instead you're trying to drop back and take thirty yards shots down field. And then on top of that, you have zero plan for a blitz, zero plan for blitzero every single time it hit. I mean, Mike McDonald's gonna be laughing. This is a joke, and this is like high school Harry stuff where we line up and basically whenever we want to bring pressure, it is it takes a miracle, which it took a miracle for Caleb Williams to get that throw off the DJ Moore just to get a first down. Yeah, but like the timeout after a stop clock at that moment of it, I mean the whole entire thing, the decision to a fourth and inches not go for it.
Speaker 3: Then you sit there and get a five year.
Speaker 5: Penalty to back you up, and then you take a time out and then decide to come back out and go for it like it was for the for the NFL, for that level of football, it was the worst clock management I can recall since the start of the millennium.
Speaker 2: By the way, Thomas Brown became offensive coordinator and then head coach in the span of like eighteen days, like they looked like they just, well, okay, we've gotta get Rishane Waldron, will ellate elevate him, got to get rid of Matt Eberflus.
Speaker 3: Well we'll just elevate him again.
Speaker 2: He's used to this sort of transitioning and he's been trying to figure this whole thing out, and they've gotten worse, like they're worse.
Speaker 4: And the water that's why you I mean, when you when you break it down the way that you guys just broke it down and presented the way you guys just presented it. If I'm Pete Carroll, why wouldn't I take advantage of this opportunity. You're You're exposed, You're vulnerable, you're embarrassed. I just don't think that there there cannot be any more major slip ups or mistakes made by the decision making body of of this organization. I just don't think that that Warren or Poles one or the other. And it could be more warn the more I'm thinking about it, maybe it's not as much Poles, but I would assume either either way, Poles is screwed. If if, if Warren is screwed. I don't I don't know how that works, but you gotta believe as bad as this is and as bad as that was last evening, and they showed Warren, they showed those guys sitting in the in the sweets, looking all comfortable and dressed in their nice suits and all that, and I'm like, how could man, I be there in a sweatsuit that sweatsuit might have holes in it. I'm gonna have like a towel around my neck, you know what I mean, with some Chuck Taylor's on. I'm not trying to look like I'm living good right now because this product does not say that I should be maintaining that type of image. I should be in war mode. He should have had some pain. He should have had eye paint on his face, some tape around his fingers, chewing some gum, standing up, pacing back and forth. You can't look smooth and you can't look comfortable if that's the product that is coming on your watch. This is on their watch, and this is bad. It's super bad. I'm sitting there watching that joint and I'm like, dude, this is do do straight up two scoops ad. You can't just be comfortable sitting there like that something. I mean, unless ownership is like, hey, you know, this is our business model. We're meeting our business model. I don't know what that business model would be and what it would consist of, but you can't be sitting there feeling comfortable. If you're a decision maker and you brought in a generational talent at quarterback, thinking that he was going to change the whatever was going on in Chicago, and this is where he's at.
Speaker 3: He's almost damn there ruined.
Speaker 4: He's almost gunshot, he's almost gun shy in the behind. He I mean, he made more mistakes and more you know, more things going on based off of how much pressure he felt at times, more so than the pressure that was really getting to him.
Speaker 3: That's bad. That's bad, man.
Speaker 4: You're trying to ruin the dude and might have ruined him in one season.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's kind of where too, Like if everyone can acknowledge you watch the game, you go, oh, yeah, offensive line is an issue. Well yeah, like that's been the problem there for a long ass time. Like, offensive line has been an issue for a long time there in Chicago. And I kind of posed the question to you, guys, Hey, if if Joe Alt was available in the first round with that second pick that they used on Roma Dunza, would they have taken an offensive lineman or would they have gotten the fancy wide receiver there?
Speaker 3: And the point you made was, well, Olu.
Speaker 2: Was available and they didn't take him, didn't so what makes you think they would have taken Joe Alt? At like this entire setup and the way that this whole thing is done. And what's bizarre about it is Ryan Poles was an offensive lineman like he would like you would think that that would be a priority for him, and it hasn't been. They've nickeled and dimed the offensive line and used mid round picks, or they've signed one year deal, like they signed a guy from Buffalo who once he got there, they realized, oh, he's got like an arthritic condition in his shoulder, and they signed him to a one year deal. They've done patchwork work on the offensive line on the interior, and then they're looking around going, god, we can't protect the guy. Well, I don't know, Like what do you think maybe invest in that side of the ball or maybe make that a priority and they haven't for years.
Speaker 3: I think the other thing too, is again scheme wise. So if you.
Speaker 5: Don't have the ability to protect a quarterback with your five offensive linemen, you've got to adjust. You have to start running more seven man protections, bring in your tight end, bring in a running back, you know, run more gap protections where you're not asking you know, the offensive line to have to win a lot of one on one battles and if that's not the case, get the ball out of his hand quick, you know, And I understand that's been kind of part of their offense. There's been more deconducting and some more screens, but you're trying to mix in some different elements and even try to find some different ways of sprinting him out more instead of just allowing him to have to sprint out when they bring an all out pressure. There's ways around that. Because here's the NFL, it's a copy cat league. They are going to continue to keep bringing pressure time and time again until you prove you can beat it. And if you can't, one or two things are gonna happen, or I should say both of these things are gonna happen. You're gonna lose, You're you're gonna get beat because you're gonna keep forcing him to have to run backwards to then throw down the field and he's gonna get hurt. Eventually. Caleb Williams is gonna get hurt for one of these hits, one of these plays. It's just a matter of time when they keep subjecting him to that.
Speaker 2: You want to hear a little Caleb Williams, little Williams being asked, you want me to do it?
Speaker 3: He want me to do to sound that we might have to dump it. He was asked about you punk mother, Do you know what's out and done to many? Ruin me? I just want to come out here.
Speaker 5: And at what point do you know, is is it like if the fingernail painting stuff, if that stops, like is that when we know it's like changed.
Speaker 3: I think it's already stopped. His hair was in this curl. Either it's going a little bit straight. I mean, I'm just.
Speaker 5: Saying that he's got a completely different look.
Speaker 3: Next year he comes out looking hard, just like rough, you know, he was asked. He was asked about the.
Speaker 5: He's wearing car hearts like just bringing his he's got his hard hat, lunch and palely.
Speaker 2: This year, he was asked about the booze in Chicago fans not happy.
Speaker 3: This is a response.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've only been here for you know, it's my first year, so uh, you know, their frustrations, you know, go way longer back than you know then I've been here. My job is to uh you know, go out there and win games, and we don't focus on outside noise.
Speaker 3: The fans are.
Speaker 6: You know, they're gonna cheer and and and maybe boos sometimes and you know, you you you you can't react to that. It's not something that you know, we we react to. We have a job to do, and you know, you don't do so well on the job some days, and some days you you know, you're you're you're pretty consistent. Some days you you.
Speaker 4: Know, you play a great game.
Speaker 6: So you know, I think today was was one of those games that you know, I think we played two sides of the ball today pretty well, special teams and defense, and then you know, offense, we didn't play well. There was miscues, there was stupid sacks that I was taking. I would definitely take the you know, the heat for this one. Gotta be better.
Speaker 3: So he did say let me.
Speaker 2: One of the reports that came out before he got into the NFL was that he wanted stake and ownership and if there are channing sell the team, I mean, is it too late for that?
Speaker 3: Can he get a piece of this and maybe build the offensive line?
Speaker 4: You want to know the way he could try to get it? How can he do about using his rapid radio? Hell, ye out, all you gotta do is hit that button. And you'll get that push to talk walkie talkie and listen. It has national lt coverage for clear connection. If you're going to use it and hit that one button, so listen at the touch of it, that's right, that button. You'll get great communication from a great device. It's great for your kids. We use them here on the show, and if you want to use them, all you gotta do is visit rappid radios dot com now and for up to sixty percent off and free shipping if you do so. All right, there you go, there you go. Hey, hey, Caleb, you know you wanted to sit there and say I wanted to boo too. I'm new to the town, but I felt like, hey, if I could have joined them in the stands, I would have been there booing as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, boo you for picking me.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, there's a great hot dog cart out in front of Soldier Field.
Speaker 3: Have that. That was the only one that you want to get.
Speaker 2: That's all you got. I get yourself a Chicago dog because the winds are hard to come up.
Speaker 3: Why do you talk like you eat those You don't eat those Chicago dogs? Oh man, come on, please, buddy, when's the last time you actually ate food last night? And we'll get what time? What did we have? We had had neck? We had what kind of neck? Was it? Grilled chicken breast? There you go, we had had and before that, when was the last time you ate actually before that? I had prime rib the night before? Yeah I did you? Yeah? Yeah, night before? Soar to god, prime rib the night before. How many meals do you to, dad Jonas one and a half, maybe one yeah and maybe one yeah.
Speaker 5: But we're supposed to believe you got to Chicago and all of a sudden you turn into the type of guy that eats a Chicago.
Speaker 3: Dog him and Carlos Chicago dogs right in front of the set, just because you know it doesn't mean you eat it. Come on, I was there in August. I had one that's like me talking about Primanny Brothers in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: All right, I do. I used to eat it, but I don't. I don't go to Pittsburgh and just go to Primanny Brothers.
Speaker 2: LaVar said the danger, which is solid like he's had it there, and they said, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Let you put that on? Take us a break, all right?
Speaker 2: So coming up next here it is the Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you up next. Apparently there's a new trend in the world of sports. It's a new one and it involves a Hall of Famer in the NFL.
Speaker 3: We'll get into that for you right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 8: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 1: Going on in the world.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 8: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 3: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 7: So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say.
Speaker 8: I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 7: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeart Radio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kobe known Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 5: Is this also the Chicago Bears disc Jockey Hotel?
Speaker 3: Not them?
Speaker 2: It is two Pros. Sorry, that's a bad habit. I want to apologize. It's a Dan Patrick show. Two pros and a cup of Joe filling in for the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: Apologies.
Speaker 2: LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here coming up in a little over fifteen minutes from now. Apparently something on Christmas was really really expensive, really expensive in the NFL. We'll get into that for you again here on Fox Sports Radio. So Teddy Bridgewater is back. He is signed with the Detroit Lions. Been a pretty nice gig.
Speaker 3: He goes on.
Speaker 2: He wins a national champ or wins a championship state state title at his alma mater in Florida, and then he goes back to the Lions and just signs to be a quarterback there for the rest of the season, and potentially he's going to be a Super Bowl champion as well too, if the Lions make it that far.
Speaker 3: But kind of a neat.
Speaker 2: Little story for Teddy Bridgewater who just decides I'm going to go bring a title back to my alma mater. I'm going to go back to the Lions, and then potentially I'll get a Super Bowl ring as well too. And for a team that has dealt with the injuries that the Lions have dealt with all year long, you know, probably kind of a nice insurance policy for Jared Goff in case anything happens to him that they could turn to Teddy Bridgewater because Hendon Hooker was the backup quarterback in play. So at least the Lions have added Teddy b For the remainder of.
Speaker 4: The song, was he taking snaps? Is that why their team was so good? Is that he was basically taking the snaps and practices he would they coat.
Speaker 3: How was he staying in shape? By the way, He's only thirty two at Teddy Bridgewater Young.
Speaker 5: Well, first off, he was at Miami Northwestern, which is a powerhouse in regards to just the studs they put out. So a lot of good athletes come out of Miami Northwestern, and I believe it was the Class three A high school state.
Speaker 3: Championship down there.
Speaker 5: But I think this is I mean, his career has been one in which, you know, taken in the back of the first round, showed a lot of promise had the knee injury. Obviously, he was never really the same after the knee injury, but he's put together a career where he's been able to, you know, take care of himself, become a very much respected veteran. I mean, this move doesn't happen unless, like that team loves you. I mean, how many other guys who have left the game of football to go coach and do something like this do they just bring back out of nowhere? You know, Usually it's a guy who you know, you look at maybe says he's a little younger. We kind of look down the road and say, yeah, this is a guy we can build on in the future. You know, we want him to be around us to get more experience and reps. This to me has somewhat to do with maybe how they feel about hen and Hooker and where he's at and his growth and development as a young player. But obviously too I think how much they respect him and what he showcased over the course of what was he there just one year back in twenty twenty three last year? Yeah, so I mean think about it, in one year's time, he's kind of earned that much respect within the entire organization.
Speaker 4: It made me wonder, what are what are their thoughts on Jared Goah, Like are are they are they bracing or preparing for for something like that? Like is there that they do, you know, an analysis on on his health right now and may feel as though they need somebody who could buy them time or or get them through a game.
Speaker 3: What I mean, maybe I'm overthinking. I think it's I think it's more of an insurance policy.
Speaker 5: Like just to make an analogy, So this time of year, it's bullseason in college football, right, yep, you have a lot of players who are taking out insurance policies who want to go play in the bowl game. And that could be because they want to go into the draft afterwards. It could be because they're going to stay for another year. What they're gonna make, you know, substantial money after the bowl game, et cetera. So there's a bunch of different reasons. But if you're the Detroit Lions and Jared Goff goes down, but you feel like your team's built to win a Super Bowl given how close you got last year, do you really want to put in the hands of Hendon Hooker who's largely unproven or a guy who's played nine years in the NFL and has played some good football during his time.
Speaker 2: Do you think teams that go through injuries like that, is there a feeling in the locker room like, all right, who's next? Because they have gone through a lot of ngines. I wonder if they're Liker. That's a long we can't take any we can't take any chances, like we got to figure this thing out just in case something happens and and Teddy Bridge Rotter will get an opportunity. Although you remember when everyone complained about his pro day.
Speaker 3: Because he wore gloves. Now everybody wear his gloves. Yeah, kind of a trendsetter, you know, well.
Speaker 5: I mean he always worre gloves though he did glo, So why I don't understand why that Why.
Speaker 3: Did that matters? I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's people were complaining about it because he's in a bad pro day so and then his knee almost fell off in practice with the Vikings.
Speaker 4: So they got a lot more to worry about than just the injuries and the health of their team. I mean, Minnesota might be better than Green Bay. Green Bay might be better than Minnesota, and both of them might be better than the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 3: And that's that's no jazz.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's all the way real what you say it like that, that's no jaff it's just feeling kind of, you know, nostalgic. That's no jazz turkey. They gotta worry about the Bears. But I tell you what, there's three of them out there. There's there's three big bad wolves out there, and one of them is the Eagles, one of them is the Vikings, and the other is that Green Bay Packers team.
Speaker 2: Green Bay Minnesota play this weekend and then Detroit and Minnesota play the finale, which could.
Speaker 4: Be for that Does that one matter? That's a big one, like like what happens this weekend?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, So the Lions are looking to uh to kind of wrap everything up a lah Kansas city. But you know, if they can get it done this weekend, it doesn't matter and weak team.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would say, regardless of anything, that's still a statement game for both teams involved.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to see one or both of them in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Like there's the potential of that. So like you know, third time, they're gonna have to see either Green Bay or Minnesota in the postseason, and there's gonna be familiarity there. Green Bay feels like they can that their game plan travels Minnesota. The way Sam Darnold's playing. I mean, I don't know that anybody wants any part of that. I actually feel more confident about Minnesota at this point in the season than I do Detroit because of the injuries.
Speaker 4: So I'm just saying Detroit is in a tough spot and adding Teddy Bridgewater doesn't improve it, even as an in short short policy, it doesn't improve where they're at currently. They're in a very very vulnerable state. If you ask me, it sounds crazy, but the Vikings are in a great spot. I mean, the five seed, really you can make the case in both conferences might be one of the better spots to be because of that, you know, bottom division winner that you end up you know, taking on so granted, yeah you gotta go on the road.
Speaker 5: But I mean Atlanta right now is slated to win the NFC South. I mean, how confident like you take that all day right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And by the way, if it's if it's not Atlanta, it's Tampa Bay, which Jonas and it may very well be Tampa Bay when it's all said and done, but Jonas feels much more you know, bullish about Tampa than I think, you know, other people do. But if you're Minnesota, like you take that all day.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Yeah, they would have the advantage there, and then Green Bay and the Rams would be a fun matchup in the first round, and then in the AFC side the Texans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If you're the Steelers and you're right now in the five seed or that five spot, which we'll see how it changes over this weekend, that's a great like to get over the hump where they haven't won a playoff game and what seven years whatever it's been, Yeah, that would be I mean, we just kind of saw how that worked out a little bit this past weekend or this past couple of days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the AFC South and the NFC South are just not good at all, and so I don't know if they need to just combine.
Speaker 3: I just think all together is very top heavy. It's very top heavy.
Speaker 4: Division or conference, I should say, very top heavy conference.
Speaker 3: And that's those teams, those four teams.
Speaker 4: Outside of those four teams, listen, there are some pretty like I think the Commanders are pretty decent team. I think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a pretty decent team. I mean, I can't think of any other ones that that I think are pretty decent that that could give you problems. The Rams are a pretty decent team. Out at the Rams, you.
Speaker 2: Know what they should do like start having a bottom four kind of a relegation playoffs, Like take the bottom four teams.
Speaker 3: And let them play it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the two losers, like you're out, Like so, you know, because you could just rid yourselves of like Chicago and Carolina and not have this conversation.
Speaker 5: Well, Chicago, are we essentially just trying to go at the NBA playoff model now?
Speaker 3: Well? No, just trying to eliminate Is that.
Speaker 5: What they do now that they call it a play in game, but it's also an elimination game.
Speaker 3: In a way.
Speaker 2: You know, you're just you're trying to mine for gold in the NFL. You got to throw some some crap nuggets out. So yeah, I just you know, kind of ditch to those.
Speaker 3: Was that an original idea or did you just kind of think about.
Speaker 2: The NBA for I was actually just looking at the bottom of the NFC right now and going, man, those teams are really bad, like San Francisco and Arizona is near the bottom, but there's hope there New Orleans, Carolina, Chicago and the Giants. There's zero hope, So you just got to kind of rid yourself. So it's trimming the fat, you know, if.
Speaker 5: You really want to get into this conversation, I actually do love the promotion relegation model, and I think how I think how European soccer does. It makes it extremely exciting because there's there's always something on the line. So in the case of the NFL, because they preach so much parody, you're like pushing if you're not going to be a part of the playoffs or have a chance of winning a Super Bowl to stink seeing you get the number one overall pick. But outside of that, like that's that's what they're selling you on for hope of an optimism. I mean, imagine if you could somehow relegate the Giants stuff to drop down in the SEC like they're like, or the Big Ten for that matter, Like that would actually be extremely entertaining.
Speaker 3: Who who's gonna drop down? How's this gonna end up impacting things? I mean, I'm not pushing.
Speaker 5: For it, but I would love to see a world like ten years from now or all of a sudden. That's part of the conversation, Like you go from having to go to big cities to happen to go to like Tusker Race and Baton Rouge the Giants fan base like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: Is that a live tiger? Yeah, we're live from Duluth. It's the Duluth Giants.
Speaker 2: And I look, I love the relegation part of it too, because if you watch those soccer teams that are trying to avoid it, they are so desperate, like nobody wants that stain on their on their team. And so if you could do this with the NFL, like look, Raider fans were pissed they won. They finally want a game where they were pissed because they wanted the number one pick. So you get to a point in the season where you're like, ah, so what they lost, at least we're going to get a better draft pick. At least this way, you just start to weed them out, like who wants to be a part of this? You elevate Penn State and you get rid of the jet I'll do pen do a break, man.
Speaker 3: Don't are you're worried about them winning a big game? Like what do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I was just expecting us to go to the This is being funny right now, because he saw me point out the clock, so he brought up Penn State. Like you'd have to have seen him. Understand why you did?
Speaker 3: Well, I understand that. Yeah, that's all. We both we both got clipped by the clock yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I was pointing out to clock, so Jones brought up Penn State. That's that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Mark Marks at the wheels with Home Safely.
Speaker 4: Markets sitting there like, thank you Jesus, LeVar, see look at it, look at it.
Speaker 3: There you go. It is The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: Here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you. So coming up next here, Apparently the Super Bowl or the halftime show the other day cost a lot of money. A lot of money. We're talking super Bowl prices. We'll have the explanation for you in the details next here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Dan Patrick show here Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you.
Speaker 3: Coming up top of next hour.
Speaker 2: Apparently somebody's back to their old tricks again in the NFL. There's a coach who's got this habit, and the habit lives on. We will get into that for you again a little over ten minutes from now. By the way, shortly after the show, the podcast is gonna go up, so if you've missed any of it, be sure to check out the pod. Search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow rate and review it again. Just search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever you get your podcasts. You'll see today's show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you in case you missed it.
Speaker 2: And for that we turn it over to our executive producer, Lead Lap.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody, Good morning Jones, Good morning Brady, Good morning LeVar.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 9: In case you missed that Ravens text uh, Ravens texts lame on Christmas Day, Hey Brady, good morning to you. Case you missed that Texans Ravens game on Netflix on Christmas Day, you might have also missed Beyonce's halftime show. Might you be able to guess how much she got paid for that halftime show?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: A buck fifty powder buckfeh.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get a point five ten million dollars.
Speaker 4: Mm any other I'm gonna go one point five. It's in a million. It's a million or so, maybe nine hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: I'll say two hundred and seventy five dollars. All right.
Speaker 9: Well, the assumption, and this isn't completely confirmed, but because of her deal that she had signed with Netflix back in twenty nineteen, it was a three project sixty million dollar deal.
Speaker 4: Well with the streaming giants, you connected it to something different, but gohe good.
Speaker 9: Well, she was paid twenty million dollars for a twenty nineteen concert homecoming a film by Beyonce. So the the saying is is that this is part of her three project deal, meaning this would cost twenty million dollars.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 4: Damn Well, that's because it's on. It's going on that show.
Speaker 5: Does does that include like all the cost of like all the people standing on horses and the cars and the dancers and everything else, like she has to pay for that.
Speaker 3: That is a good question. I have not been able to confirm, Nord Tokay, Yeah, all right, I should have known. I can't follow up with Lee with questions like why I had the same question.
Speaker 9: But Netflix did dub this an official performance called the Beyonce Bowl.
Speaker 8: Is uh?
Speaker 2: Is jay Z still doing the Super Bowl halftime stuff?
Speaker 3: No? Man? What else we got late? There? You go? Just I didn't know what is playing late? It's a good question, Lee, what else we got? Well?
Speaker 9: If you another thing you might have missed from Christmas was Travis Kelce passing Tony Gonzalez for the tight end receiving record. He got seventy seven touchdowns or touchdowns for touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That is great. Yeah, we talked about it yesterday and you were so I did so in that case, I missed it. Oh, of course you might have missed that.
Speaker 9: He got penalized and it is expecting to be fine for that celebration is.
Speaker 3: He says he's going to pay it good? Good?
Speaker 5: He was paying homage to to Gonzalez with the dunk over the goal post.
Speaker 3: That was to why would he get fined?
Speaker 5: The fact that, well, here's the thing. It's the fact that it is a fine. It's like, is it really going to mess up the goal post? How many guys are capable of doing it? And the other thing is oftentimes when they create rules like this, it's because the NFL was like, well, we can't do certain things on the field because then the youth, the lower levels of football will start doing that. How many kids are dunking in high school football the goal postoporner.
Speaker 3: Because of this? Why why was there a flag thrown for what? It's there's way worse?
Speaker 2: Did you like Jami or Gibbs grinded on the goal post twice last week?
Speaker 3: There was nothing like no, I grind it. He let so full advantage.
Speaker 1: Grin and.
Speaker 2: Brown and somebody else like they were throwing dollars at him or something like there was.
Speaker 5: Actually not To get on a separate subject, I want to know what said the DK Metcalf last night. I want to know what was said. And I don't know who it was, if it was Tyrek, Stevenson or Walker. I mean he gets under everyone's skin. Yeah, but I mean even Lockett came onto the field to like defend him after the fact. I mean, whatever was said, man, it had to have been something nasty because I don't recall DK Metcalf kidding like that.
Speaker 4: He's uh, he's the volatile type of dude, man, DK. Yeah, he's pretty confrontational. Have no confrontation, no, not just just watching how he handles things on the field. Sometimes, you know, he's a little he has that like a little bit of uh you know.
Speaker 5: Is that the opposite of George Pickens where it seems like sometimes he's.
Speaker 3: Like over it. He's like, I'm good, I don't want to I don't want run around this play.
Speaker 4: I'd be wanting to fight too, though I don't want to go ten yards might.
Speaker 5: Be the most nonchalant fighter, though, he's just sometimes he's like, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take this effort. His effort is sometimes questionable for certain Anyway, what else we got, Lee?
Speaker 9: Well, speaking of the unsportsman like penalty, I was wondering, was the exavier worthy penalty really for him acting like the Grinch and throwing presents in the Christmas bag? Did you see that one?
Speaker 3: See that? Yeah? Lee? Did you not watch the game? They went back and showed exactly why. Yeah, I was trying. Can you let me? They pulled up his shirt like he was brandishing a firearm. Oh that's what it was, Okay, all right, all right? Well that I mean, it's a point of emphasis this year.
Speaker 5: It's been fled a thousand times. My thing is, Lee, is how do you miss that? They covered that in the broadcast? What were you drinking yesterday?
Speaker 3: About a second? A Christmas story is about a kid getting a gun? It is, it was. It was not a gun gun though, it was not stuffing that in your pants there Jim like a gat like a oh wow, a handcan All right? Lee? What were you doing on Christmas when this was going on? Drinking?
Speaker 5: I was drinking eggnog because they're doing a keg stand, Like, what were you.
Speaker 3: Doing smaking the eggnog? Come on shots of egg nog. That's a lot of eggnog. Man White Russian on set