Speaker 1: All right, joining us now two of the best receivers in it.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, join us right now. The best receivers in NFL Okay one A, one B. The greatest receivers in the NFL. Matter of fact, matter of fact, Jamal Chase T. Higgins. They need no introduction, but I'm gonna introduce him anyway.
Speaker 3: Jamal had one hundred and twenty five catches, fourteen hundred and.
Speaker 1: Twelve yards, eight touchdowns.
Speaker 3: T had fifty nine catches, eight hundred and eight forty six and eleven touchdowns. But unfortunately that was not enough because Joe got hurt and they ended up going six and eleven third in the AFC. I'm gonna start with you, Chase bro. You know you've been in You've been in this situation before. Not here, but you've been in the Super Bowl. You know what it takes. And once you get that taste in your mouth, it's kind of like a dog once he bites somebody, you gotta be very very careful because he wants to continuously bite. Once you got that feeling, what is it gonna take for you for this to be a normal occurrence where you guys compete, really compete for a championship year after year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody knows the turning defense on championship and we got to start that.
Speaker 1: First.
Speaker 4: First thing is first we got to work on that, and then we can worry about the offensives.
Speaker 5: Hide.
Speaker 4: We got the weapons for that. We've been having the weapons, but by far, everybody know we got to get the defense right to get back here.
Speaker 2: Te, I got a question. Put your GM head on. You're the GM, You're Mike Brown, you're Katie your dupe, any of those people that are in positions of power that can make the change is necessary to make sure we get the opportunities to always be in contention. Not the AFC North. I'm talking about throughout the entirety of league and being in the postseason. What changes do you think need to be made? Keep it PC, But just if you were in that position, what do you think needs to happen?
Speaker 6: I feel like me I would go and get you know, somebody on the interior.
Speaker 3: D Lin, Yes, Max Crosby, Jeffrey Simmons.
Speaker 7: Look both said that.
Speaker 1: Earl.
Speaker 4: I said Maxby, I said Max Troby, You said Jeffrey Simmons. That's two dollars we're gonna need.
Speaker 1: For sure. I like it. For sure.
Speaker 3: You you have to, like you said, because at some point in time, Look, you won the Triple Crown last year, and guess what, mister the playoffs, had another one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and twenty five catch fourteen on the catch.
Speaker 3: Season, missed the playoffs in the Pro Bowl, missed the playoffs at some point in time. I love these individual stats, but I play a team sport. If this was tennis, if this was golf, I'm good, I'll gucci.
Speaker 1: But we played team sports, and I want to have teams except and.
Speaker 7: I mean that's the main thing.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, all the individual's success and that's cool, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 6: But we played the game to make it to the Super Bowl at the end of the day. So if we're not doing that, then we're not doing nothing for the organization.
Speaker 2: One of the other problems that we always had as a team, for one, being able to compete week in and week out. It's not the elephant in the room because it's happened many times in his short, short career. How do we keep brother nine healthy? How do we keep them healthy for a full season so we can have that consistency.
Speaker 1: What offen the line? Excuse me? Come up?
Speaker 2: How do we keep our brother upright?
Speaker 1: How do we healthy for a.
Speaker 2: Full season so we can have those chances to be talking about compete in the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I mean he's like he said, offensive line, But I don't think we need a new offensive line.
Speaker 1: Come be honest.
Speaker 4: They did a good job this and and in the show. Stats could prove it, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like the biggest thing that's more of an off the field thing. I'm not saying he don't take care of his body right that do come in him to play it. Maybe he gotta do more with himself, you know what I'm saying. So that could be a hymn thing. Maybe the eating, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. So it's a lot of different ways.
Speaker 4: You can look at that on the opinion side, but you know, at the end of the day, is really going gott to be a him thing.
Speaker 1: He's been listening at eat McDonald No, he doesn't. He doesn't listen.
Speaker 4: He don't eat McDonald don't see, don't I know when to eat McDonald's a lot to ask him that that's a locker every morning.
Speaker 1: About you want something, you want something and see now you.
Speaker 2: Get a better understanding those in the chat that listen. You heard what heat, you heard what he eat? That's that's why the success is what it is. You ain't see you saw the clip. You saw the cliper Joe and McDonald.
Speaker 1: Do you see that? I see that? You see it? He was sitting down and there, yeah, you sitting down to the downs.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling you he probably taking heed.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Let me listen to what you have been saying, and I'm just yeah, are.
Speaker 1: You got the best due in football? Yeah? Yeah, I believe, so believe.
Speaker 2: Man, talk your ship.
Speaker 1: Man, don't do that.
Speaker 4: You gotta pop it too much? Man, I don't need to. If I start popping too much is too much.
Speaker 2: You said you're the best doing football. Now, don't say it like that. Man say.
Speaker 1: Says he wants me to pop it. Somebody. Let's turn on the film and look at duo tapes. There we go. Let's turn on the film. Du want That's all I need to say.
Speaker 2: Speaking of duos in the NFL, is there another duo that you guys appreciated like watching I.
Speaker 6: Like City Line and George pictures.
Speaker 1: I like that. That's a great dude.
Speaker 4: You know I'm saying they compliment each other, right that that's that's that's a good's that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Do you see a picture I've always said I would love, I would love and people they get on me or you just say that. When it was time for team and then Chase, I've been bouching for George Pickens to go somewhere else where he can get his true value and what he's really worth because I understand how Jerry Jones is gonna play when it comes time to pay and what Pickings to me is shown is he can be a true number one, have his own team outside of having to share catches with Stude Lamb. What's your thoughts on George Picking's standing Dallas or going somewhere else where he can have his own team and be the number one.
Speaker 6: I could see both, you know what I'm saying, I really I could. You know what I'm saying, he got he got another guy on the other side that the defense got to focus on, you know what I'm saying, So that that open him up kind of like how we how we how we go?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, dude good enough to go take over a team, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So sure, I gotta agree with that, though I feel like, I don't know. I like that Batman Robin shit, Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's just a lot more production coming out of the duo things than a single person thinks. You know what I'm saying, It's easy to lock your ass down on you by yourself, bro, And I always tell him this show when I be playing with myself sometimes cause I be he come and see me, come to the bench and I'm pissed off, and he's like, Bro, I'd be like, you know what I'm saying, I gotta go take me and strode.
Speaker 1: Down the side line. Hey, leave him alone, Like you know how.
Speaker 4: It gets to a point where I get accravated when you're by yourself. So that's why I always vouch like, you know what I'm saying, I need not for me, but it's helping a whole offense, you know what I'm saying. Now, it's open up the run game, not to pass the game. Now we now we going any down. We can pass about every down and they don't know.
Speaker 3: But I think the thing is for for for me, for George, and because you still got at his size, huge kh radios. He can catch the ball in traffic, he's physical, he's great run after the catch. He can take a smoke riding go eighty, or you can take it off the over the top for sixty. But when I look at him, he had to leave Pittsburgh because he had got become comfortable, because he had gotten comfortable doing things his way, so he needed to go somewhere else where. They weren't going to accept that. And once he locked in, he's like, well they are you.
Speaker 1: Mean to kill me? I could do this. I got this, I got fifteen.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I also think he's in the better offense.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm about to say, I think that's what it more was, you know what I'm saying. I don't think it's him getting used to something, because you could get bored over time.
Speaker 1: But I think also what's around you could make that.
Speaker 3: Cant but you can ever ever ever professional. You could never let your circumstances dictate how you played.
Speaker 1: It was dictated how he played. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I don't think they use.
Speaker 1: It's a lot more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot more than that, because everybody got their opinion on what he got doing, what he's doing in that locker room.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Don't nobody really know what's going on the weekend? You judging for somebody else here. Don't nobody know what he going through? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I just look at him on the tape. I just look at him.
Speaker 3: I mean, he said that you saw you saw against Detroit on Thanksgiving. He has a tendency to drift, and he's not the first. I don't want people to think, well, I'm saying George picking it the first one. It happens a lot because what we would do with our number one receiver, We'll get him involved early so we could.
Speaker 1: Have him late.
Speaker 3: Because why am I asking? Why am I gonna throw Chase the ball? I'm gonna go the whole first half and I ain't gonna give I ain't not gonna give Chase any catches.
Speaker 1: Then come for a quarter a Chase? You ready? No? I ain't ready. I would have ready the first halff I mean a TI what I you? I say when I come back to the sideline.
Speaker 7: Sometimes superhero, I'm tied in a superhero.
Speaker 4: Shit, take him a superhero, you know what I'm saying. So like some of that that happened sometimes, And like you said, you're a fucking pro, yes, and they gonna expect you to make this ship. They give you this money, they gonna expect you to make.
Speaker 1: So what you got to do? Give it to me. If you give it to me early.
Speaker 3: I ain't saying you gotta throw me fifteen balls in the first quarter, but I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Talking as a quarter that's all you need. Give it. Give give me an opportunity. I just want to touch the ball.
Speaker 3: Throw me a smoke, throw me a slam, throw me a jails, break screen, just give me something.
Speaker 1: I would have touched the ball, but y'all want me to go. Y'all didn't. They didn't ask Michael Jordan' way to the fourth quarterback is different though, to do it.
Speaker 4: We're not about to put basketball and football and say that Nigga MJ could take that.
Speaker 1: Nigga passed the ball. He gonna do this in front of the.
Speaker 4: Right I gotta wait for Joe to hike the ball from the center. I gotta run past two defenders, cut this salve.
Speaker 1: But that's what. But that's what.
Speaker 3: But see they know how to get you the ball when you go on the side. Land you and you and you say leave alone. He acting up, Zach.
Speaker 1: So you said why they got to wait till that long? Yeah, I mean I understand that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Why I gotta show Sometimes the game.
Speaker 2: Take you away, you know, if you know it's funny I think happens all the time. Is I think coaches at times they over complicate things because it's really easy.
Speaker 1: It's simple.
Speaker 2: There's a scheme, the tactics. And if you want to get a player you want to get to play the ball, you can get to play the ball, and you can get him the ball early. You don't have to get it to him often, but just to get him involved. Let t touch it, Let Chase touch it. Okay, now I can run my offense.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, when when the time comes and the defense dictates, okay, now you been getting the ball, then allow the Florida offense to go through them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm hey, hey, they they don't throw me the ball the whole first half and they come the first quarter eighty four?
Speaker 1: What you like? I would like to get the ball in the first half. That's what I really like.
Speaker 3: Now y'all want me to be Now y'all want me to be off his of coordinatory. Y'all told me to stay in my place earlier. Now y'all want me to beat off his of coordinator.
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm good with you.
Speaker 3: Keep doing spreading around. You know we're gonna spread it around. Get it. Go ahead and get everybody in mall.
Speaker 4: I mean, and we got a quarterback that want to spread it around too, you know what I'm saying. So like, but you got me and t get along so much, you know what I'm saying, Because we got a quarterback that that's going to spread it around, right, It's like, it's not like we're going to end to the game like like it might be a game where we know one hundred percent, like motherfucker, we feeding teep, we featuring the You know what I'm saying, You might know a couple of games other than that, we don't have those powerms bro dud, You're not gonna have to chase you twenty three targets in the game.
Speaker 1: Chase Listen.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I don't even know that. I don't know that. You gotta come to me like game, yeah, coming to me like, bro, you know you got fifteen targets. I'm like, huh, like you know that.
Speaker 1: I just found out how to win the ipass on.
Speaker 4: Look at Looking So I just found that out, and he'd be telling me now, I don't never know until.
Speaker 1: You tell me. So tell us what you got a podcast? Now? Right? Yeah? So tell us about the podcast. What you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I got a podcast called Chasing No One, uh well over time, and I got tea helping me start in it. So I'm gonna get in a little a little bit of that, you know what I'm saying, Try to get y'allong have some topics about that. So I'm gonna try to be in every bit of a topic as I can.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So, if this is gonna be, if it's gonna be your around, it's gonna be an off season thing.
Speaker 4: How I want to do it in season for that's the biggest thing, you know what I'm saying. I want to try to give it one episode during during the week, you know what I'm saying. But I'm not gonna push Tuesdays going on you know what. Yeah, I gotta I gotta schedule out.
Speaker 1: That's my goal.
Speaker 4: Though I made it during the season because that's more of like I get now they seeing him thinking during the season.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, What I got to say about the games?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, And a lot of questions gonna be about what's coming up for my game what I'm gonna try not to answer, right, But that's the part that I want to show the fans, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Also from t is it gonna be live or is it gonna be taped? It's some live some tape, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'm gonna try to try to stream from Twitch right now, I'm live on Twitch, so I'm doing that to help it out.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be combined with overtime.
Speaker 3: Right, So is it just gonna be about that or you're gonna let them see your day? Are you gonna let them see your day to day life? Okay, guys, we're going to work out here. I'm going to eat here. I am TEA and Chase and I TA and I we we playing games, yeah, and fief, but were playing mad.
Speaker 4: So My twitch is really for like day in the life of behind the scenes I'm saying, so the camera followed me everywhere, and then the podcast is like me talking.
Speaker 1: About your football life, football.
Speaker 4: Life, you know what I'm saying. They seeing two different perspectives. And I also do a YouTube or two. I got a YouTube out while I drop videos. He has one too, so you know, I just showing off, you know, behind the scenes of a lifestyle and everyday lifestyle.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people want to know next questions about stuff.
Speaker 2: I got right, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: How did you guys become so close?
Speaker 3: Because it seems like you guys are like like you guys are almost like brothers. I mean, you guys are like really close. Y'all do a lot of things together. I see you guys in Miami. I thank y'all purchased. Y'all got cars, y'all you got somebody got a maclaring, somebody got a lamboat. And then you know, you guys, I mean, how did you guys become so close?
Speaker 6: I feel like you know that first year, you know what I'm saying, preseason, he come in, you know what I'm saying, He took a year off he dropping balls. I go because I'm like, I'm like Troy Man, I don't know, man, I don't know about this kid, but damn man, you know, just working together, man, every seeing each other every day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The bond just got closer and closer, and it was just no brainer.
Speaker 2: Hey, the off seasons here now, obviously, what do you go doing this off season away from the game of football?
Speaker 6: Uh me, you know what I'm saying, I'm down in Florida joining the weather man, trying to stay away.
Speaker 1: From the cold.
Speaker 2: Oh so you down, you down the street, stay with the cold. But we just had it was forty degrees out of think.
Speaker 1: I was here. What you're doing.
Speaker 2: What you're doing this off season before you get back into the groove of working working out.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm gonna just you know, I got the podcast going, I'm trying to do the Twitsch. I'm trying to do a little more off the field stuff, trying to get my my off the field stuff going for you to build your brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, building a brand up.
Speaker 4: So that's the biggest thing I want to do first, and then uh you know what I meant to the fashion stuff. So I'm gonna try to go to like Paris. I'm a line for the fashion.
Speaker 3: Well, you you want to do a fashion line or you just like you just I mean saying that's something you interested here.
Speaker 1: I mean open that door.
Speaker 4: Then you want to say that Fabletics, Yes, you know what I'm saying. With Fabletics.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: This is my this is my thing. So I'm coming out with right now. I already have a drop right now.
Speaker 1: For the twenty twenty sixty. I already dropped the line.
Speaker 4: And then I'm gonna drop another line after that in twenty twenty seven. Try to come a little more cozy or fair, a little more swagged with it?
Speaker 1: Can get?
Speaker 2: Can I get a package?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm doubling and dabbling in a lot right now. I'm trying to all that can get Gosh.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm aware. I'm in the fashion.
Speaker 1: It's easy. Just send me the size and the way it's going. I'm a large, I'm a large. What is it about fashion?
Speaker 3: Because you see a lot of NFL player It wasn't like that when I play. It wasn't you guys A couple of cover all blues, you know, and it can flip flops and everything. And you see guys now a little bit more fashion forward, them wearing more of the designer. They're more focused and more conscious of their looks. What do you think, what what contributed that and why is that important to YouTube?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Me, I'm cool, laid back, I'm throwing on slash and I'm cool, you know what I mean. But I dibbled and dab a little bit in fashion. I don't really take it too seriously.
Speaker 1: You take it seriously. I take it. I take.
Speaker 4: I take it like he said, I feel like I can mix it up, like to think about me, like I don't care about being judged if I'm coming in like real like baggy, baggy jeans, you know what I'm saying, oversized stuff like that, because I know it's really the appearance in how I am as a person that's just gonna give off, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And my clothes just.
Speaker 4: Make me feel better about my character when I'm talking at the end of the day, and that's what's gonna give me that age on my swag on how confident I am when I walk into your office and and I'm talking about fabletics, you know, what I'm saying. That's just how my mind gonna work about it. And over time I just got around more fashion world and just how it works. I just started to like it over time, you know what I'm saying. And I started at a young age stealing my brother clothes out his closet, making my own swag, you know what I'm saying. So I've always been a clothes here. It's just not that I have more access to what.
Speaker 1: I could do what I want it.
Speaker 3: Plus, the thing is you the right side see a big old word like me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but that's the thing with me too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I might go shopping for some pants, I might think the pants look crazy, but then I try on they coming up here, I'm not trying to wear a noose hoigh waters.
Speaker 4: Think about you, y'all got to y'all got cuss up stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the best thing. No, he ain't the best thing, you dog, I would I would to go get it up. Oh I like that know what I want to do?
Speaker 3: And congratulations great season, he congratulations changed, great season. Continued success man, hey, team success is where that you want to build that brand win hey man, for sure appreciate your man. Thank you for coming off Jamar Chase T. Higgins, thank you, guys appreciation. Twenty twenty five, he had fifty five receptions, seven hundred and twenty four yards and six touchdowns. He is an unrestricted for agent this off season. He is rolling your dobbs. You doing broke?
Speaker 1: What's up? West Man?
Speaker 8: I'm good man, I'm blessed, I'm breathing walking all.
Speaker 1: The little goodies. Man, that's all.
Speaker 2: I got a question. Why you keep wearing the uglass Guardian cap Hey, your aid.
Speaker 1: Underhead better safe than sorry.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you. Listen, unrestricted free agent? Right, what you've done for the Packers? Every time we turn, every time we watch a Packers game, it's eighty seven gun cutting up. You are the safety valve. You are the what's the word? I want to look for the outlet for Jordan Loves? Yes, sir, what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Man? I want to go back.
Speaker 8: I want to go back and I love Green Bay, Yes, sir, you know what I'm saying. I love the structure, I love the coaching stuff. I love how they go about things man. And you know the rest, I'm gonna just leave that unknown because I know you know I'm new.
Speaker 1: To this game.
Speaker 8: I don't know what to expect, but I am aware of this business. I understand the situation in our room and what's going on.
Speaker 1: Man. So yeah, that's pretty much all I.
Speaker 2: Got with this business. I'm not blind, I'm not Ray Charles, but I understand your value. You understand your value. I know what you deserve. I know what you can get there, and I know what you can get elsewhere. I'm gonna leave it at that because I don't want to get your no trouble saying the wrong things.
Speaker 1: But go ahead on Romeo.
Speaker 3: You guys, in the division game, you went off, you had eight for a buff four, You get out to that great lead.
Speaker 1: What happened? How did you let that game get away from that?
Speaker 8: He Look, man, I'm still questioning that now, you know, and you know, we all know it's not easy losing in this league, especially in games like that. But to be very optimistic about this, it was very clear that Chicago had the.
Speaker 1: Better game plan. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: The energy was right, whatever they had going on, they were aligned, and there's absolutely nothing I can do up at this point.
Speaker 1: You know, kudos to them.
Speaker 8: And again that just gives me an opportunity to review that, not even just that game, but just throughout the course of.
Speaker 1: The year and just build off that moving forward. And that's all.
Speaker 3: You know what, It wasn't so much that last game because you did lose the final game of this season and different then a playoff game is different than a regular season game because there's finality to it.
Speaker 1: But you lost your last for a regular season game. It wasn't like you were going into the playoffs on a high note. What transpired over the last quarter of the season that you, like you got it kind of got away from you, guys. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I really I really don't know, and I know there is some answers that must be said right now, but yeah, man, I have no idea what went wrong, but it was very clear that to lose like that, something went wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, in the game.
Speaker 8: I'm in the midst of, you know what I mean, trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I try to deal with There was a lot of.
Speaker 3: Last offseason Josh Jacobs talking about the receiver rooms say we need a number one, we need a dog. They got one, and I'm sure you and Christian Watson and some of those other guys and read y'all didn't take too kind of that. What you mean we need a number one? What you mean we need a dog?
Speaker 1: You don't see us every day? Well, man, I love Josh.
Speaker 8: I was just rapping with him, you know what I'm saying, just before we took off. But again, man, it's just you know, just the it's the situation, bro Like, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's difficult.
Speaker 1: It's difficult, very bro like.
Speaker 8: Some of these things better left unsaid. Yeah, be completely honest about that, right, But yeah, Bro, it's just especially.
Speaker 3: If you got to go back in that locker room because y'all would look at him sideway.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, okay, well not me because you know, I don't like to think in that manner because I know when something is said like that, it is very easy to take it that way, correct, right, So you know, I never really and again I know what's in the past days in the past, I've never been I never spoke to him about that. All we did was have great practices together, watch some tape together, go I'll go bowling.
Speaker 1: Whatever the case may be. Bro. But that is not a lane you want to create.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing I got a question because I mean, you're answering. Obviously, you want to be careful, you want to be pc. You don't want to piss anybody off, especially during the time that you're in You're in a special place where like yeah, yeah, yeah, So do you want to go back? You had an Instagram post that almost it was deemed like almost like a farewell to Green Bay if you had it your way. Would you love to go back to a team like the Packers where any given Sunday you don't know whom day is gonna be. Or would you like to go somewhere where you could be the dominant number receiver and you know that offense runs directly through you.
Speaker 8: That's a great question, brou I'm being honest talking to love Man. Take your time being around them, guys, bro, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would love to be around them. I would love I would love to be around them.
Speaker 8: And it's just the it was just the foundation that I feel like we sat in that room, like you know, we come in as young guys, you know what I mean, And not only did we understand that the situation was very unusual, Like you get into a league, you get into the league. R Yes, you gotta get a guy like Stefan this. You got to get a guy like yourself for you that, you know what I'm saying, went through those ropes. But when you get year one, year two, year three, guys all together, growing together, I think there's beauty in that.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know how to work, Yes, sir, there's a pie, Yes sir.
Speaker 3: So many slices, no matter how delicious that pie is. Yes, yes, there's only so many slices to go around and somebody, if you want to, you might get a little small piece, or you might get a big beef. Or I might have to lead and get the piece that I earn, that I've earned based on what I've done in this league over the last three, four.
Speaker 2: Or five years. Yes, sir, and you deserve. I know you don't want to say it. I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna talk for you. I'm gonna be a mouth piece. You deserve the biggest piece of that pie because I understand what you can and can't, what you can and can't do, and obviously there ain't no goddamn can't. Because I watch you over the years, I understand the value that you bring to the packers. I understand the value that you bring to another team if you're for the opportunity to go somewhere else. Since you don't want to say it, I said it for you and I appreciate you.
Speaker 8: You that nigga bad, but I will say this, all right, Nah, we're good man.
Speaker 1: Wait to be authentic girl. Yeah, I will say this.
Speaker 3: I would like to see a little better concentration because I've seen you make.
Speaker 1: Some how do you hell catch that?
Speaker 3: And then they throw you a smoke rid of your drop it. I just need to see that concentration level because I know it's there, because I've seen you make the plays game in the game out, and I've seen you go stretches where you have three, four or five games and I was like, Okay, this guy's trending. He's a top ten receiver. And then I'll see you You'll drop of routine stuff and it seems it seems to carry over. It's like you drop one and you don't let it go. It's like you're still thinking about that play the next play, and I would like to see you move ask that to reach that ultimate goal, because that's what the great ones can do. They can make a mistake, they can drop a pass and it's over, just like that.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate that. That is very much noted, very much noted.
Speaker 3: So Romeo, Green Bay Packers wide receiver. We don't know for how much longer, but he says he wants to return. He had an unbelievable season, his best season thus far as a pro.
Speaker 1: He finished the year, hold on, will we get back? Get back to it? Numbers?
Speaker 2: Who's our owner?
Speaker 1: Publicly, that's a bunch of owners.
Speaker 3: The pas eight catching for a buck twenty four and a touchdown that was in the wildcard round fifty five catches seven and twenty four yards and six touchdowns. When he's having to divvy up a lot of players, there's a lot of routes to other receivers. But bro, great season. Keep your head up no matter what. Don't fall in love with a destination, Yes, sir, don't fall in love with a destination. Still use that against you, Yeah, they'll use that against y'all.
Speaker 1: Just say, don't fall in love with the destination. Man.
Speaker 3: Look so appreciate you, Romeo, Thank you man. Take care, enjoy the rest, enjoy your week, you promote anything.
Speaker 1: Or you just here. I'm just I'm here. Doing media. Okay, here us speak for that. Yeah, shut you bro, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Y'all give him that blank check over there.
Speaker 3: Four suffered the difflocated and a broken ankle in week sick with eating the season.
Speaker 1: Here is the missal Fred Warner, Fred hold On.
Speaker 2: We got to introduce him, right, go ahead, one of the greatest linebackers in the NFL. Here, the best linebacker in today's game right now, the illustrious they're comparable fifty four. We talked what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: That's what we're talking about. Y'all tell me, man, what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: The greatest.
Speaker 3: You suffered that broken, broke, broken and dislocated ankle in week six. How's the recovery going? Because they showed some tape and I thought they did a great job of not like, look, come on, yeah, we can probably, but he's not going to be Fred and let's not run the risk of doing any further damage.
Speaker 1: Let's give him a full offseason.
Speaker 3: So when we come back for training camp or we'll come back for the OKA, he's looking like the Fred Warner that we know.
Speaker 1: He wants to look like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's one of those injuries, right, Like I remember, all throughout my career, I've seen that happen to a couple of cats, like Dak Prescott for example. I think he had that nasty warders at home, right, Yeah, And it's kind of one of those ones. It's like a fear of yours, like you don't ever want to go through something like that because it just looked nasty, right. And so when I'm in the moment and i feel this boom hit down my leg and I'm on the ground, I look at myself and it's pointing the opposite direction, I'm like, oh my gosh, like immediate shock winning went through my body, right, And So it is one of those things though, And I am blessed that once they put it together and you start rehabbing and kind of getting the healing process going, and you jump, you bounce back really quick.
Speaker 1: So the fact that I even had opportunity to.
Speaker 7: Return to practice during the playoffs only three months removed from that speaks to everything you need to know.
Speaker 1: Like it's just it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And you know what, you have the resources, you have the access to some of the best technology to be able to come back much faster than others. As opposed to the one we were playing. It was kind of different. How do you feel now in the rehab process when you're on the field, you have your lateral movement, your explosion?
Speaker 1: Is it all?
Speaker 2: There is all the flexibility, everything.
Speaker 7: Everything, and it's only going to get better as time goes on. Right, It's just it's one of those things that it's your new reality. Like if you go beat it up, it's going to you know, you deal it with like a little swelling that kind of gets in there a little bit to sore on. It's right, but as you keep going, man, you build that thing up from the ground up and do the things right. I think you mentioned it perfectly, like all the resources that I got Now, I'm I'm super blessed and happy that it happened later in my career where I have all these resources, all these all these relationships I built up throughout my career, so now when it happened, it's like I'm calling this person, I'm texting this person. Okay, boom and boom, we got to plan together.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I felt horrible for oh Cam Scattable. It was like two weeks after I did mine, he gonna do his. And then Judkins with the with the Browns, he had the same I'm like, man, these guys are rookies that are just barely starting their career. They got to go through something like this, But those type of setbacks, man, it only make for a greater story when you do come back.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say one question before I talk about the defense and with you guys with the higher raheem mars and everything. Yeah, what do you think about the noise and the talk and the conversations about the injuries that constantly happened to you guys much more to any NFL team because of the plant that happens to be close to the training spacific Your thoughts, honestly.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, if I'm being honest, I think it's a little silly. I will say, like the substation. The thing about it is it's been there for decades. Like this ain't something that they just built up there the last five years or ten years that Kyle you know, had his team here. They've been practicing over at that substation forever. I don't and now to say is there something to it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: There's not enough research that's been done, and I think that's something that they'll maybe look into more. But you know, the game of football, y'all know it's a violent game and is a substation attributing to me breaking my ankle and have no you know, it's like this this stuff that you just can't really overcome. And we do have an older roster, so like a lot of our star players quote unquote, and guys that you've had a lot of money too, Like when you're older, you're more susceptible to a little thing like Hammi's and growing and all these little things. So uh yeah, man, I mean at the end of the day, we got to always continue to find ways to be better health watched, because when we are healthy, we we in that big game as they playing this Sunday.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, this might be a blessing in disguise because you say, as you get older, you got a year and a half, you gotta you got, you got, you got a full year off. What if you have Raheem uh And I don't know if he was there with you at any point time you had to cross password Raheem, but he's but Kyle and Raheem go way way back. They were both on the Washington staff together when Kyle was calling plays for his dad and Raheem, I think with the DV coach back then. So what what is your expectations about this defense? You finally got Robert Sala back. Last year, you had the Miko and you had your best some of your best years under the mikos define, So what what can you expect from Raheem to bring to this defense? You get Bosa back, to get some of those guys back that were injured, yourself included. So what can you expect from this defense? What can forty nine and fans expect from the forty nine Ers movie?
Speaker 1: The expectation is always dominance.
Speaker 7: That's all that my expectation always is, and it's always been that since we've been here. You mentioned that Cosala Demko guys have built up this top five defense year in the year out, and that's the standard down right. And we're just trying to give ourselves the best chance to win a super Bowl. And in my opinion, man defense wins championships, and so I think if we can build up a dominant group to help give us a chance to do that, I think Raheem is the best person for the job. I only hear glowing things about him. Correct from everywhere that he's been. His players love him, staff, coaches, everybody has loved him wherever he's gone.
Speaker 3: So I know he'll do a fantastic job. Talk about this super Bowl. You know this team you're familiar with, one team that's right, thirteen to three, the last game of the season. You didn't play in that game, and then you go out there and then they do a great job to run to open and kick off back and for the most part, the game was really never close after that. And you guys are going to have to step up because the Rams are in that division and they were lost the NF Championship game, the team that they lost to. If you're in the Super Bowl, talk about the Seattle and the jump that they made from one year to the next. It seemed like they got better defensively. It seemed like they got better offensively. That Sam Donald is like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I mean, it's uh, they've done a really good job. You got you gotta tip your cap.
Speaker 1: Of course, I.
Speaker 7: Don't like any of the rifles, and that's understood, right, Yeah, it don't even matter if you the Cardinals you beat up this year it's still what it is, like we just don't like you, but you gotta tip your cap when you know when teams play uh, you know a certain style of ball that you that you respect and that Seattle Mike McDonald the thing that he's instilled in their culture and the standard of play. You see it on every phase of their team offense, defense, special teams like they're gonna play physical, they're gonna play a style of ball where they're relentless, and they've done a great job through the drafts, you know, building up and you have these these young star power uh star players in like a jsn uh and a Devon Witherspoon that you can lean on while also adding in free agents like Sam Donald to be your quarterback. You pick up Rashisha Heat on the trade. Yes, Ernest Jones, you talk about DeMarco Lawrence, like they they loaded up their roster with the type of guys not only that are playmakers, but guys that fit that that way of play that they that they're doing.
Speaker 2: You've talked about the standard, the standard in which you guys play at right, and I think about the division, which was the toughest division during my time. It was AFC North, Right, the toughest division in today's game, NFC West is the NFC West. Right, It's not even close. Do you feel do you like that challenge every year or do you feel you're at somewhat of a disadvantage because of that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I love the challenge because at the end of the day, like, first of all, I don't I don't feel like we should be measuring ourselves up against Seattle or the Rams, like, oh, will you measure up yourself against the forty nine ers, Because at the end of the day, we are a franchise of Super Bowls, up Bowl time, super Bowl chair. So the moment I stepped into that building, I knew what tomm it was like. You see them five super Bowl trophies in the trophy case, and this is what the standard is. So we measure ourselves to that standard, which is winning super Bowls, and so anytime we don't do that, it unfortunately is a failure. Now, was this past season a complete failure? Now you can't really say that, because the things that we dealt with were real and the things that we had to overcome. Uh, and a lot of young players coming in playing meaningful minutes that's only going to help us to what we're trying to do next season.
Speaker 2: Do you think then they sayers can now be quiet and has brought Purty done enough to keep everybody shush.
Speaker 7: They'll never be quiet, you know why, because he was the last pick in the draft. And that's exactly why they'll anything but never and they'll never see you as anything but that. It doesn't matter. He won a Super Bowl MVP, he won multiple MVPs of this league. They're always gonna say, yeah, but okay, you know what I'm saying. And so in my mind, he's by far the best line I'm talking about, the best quarterback in this in this game. I like it because of what he's able to.
Speaker 1: Do on that field. Okay he does.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that Matt Jones was able to keep you guys afloat while Purdy was doing what he's done.
Speaker 1: That's right, you bring him back.
Speaker 3: People don't realize it, but at that position, if you don't have an adequate backup on your season can jump off a go off of clip.
Speaker 2: Right off the rails.
Speaker 3: As long as the starter goes down, You're like damn ye and you know, I do know, I mean you say everything publicly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we go keep the thing roll and we got such.
Speaker 7: But if you don't really have that guy, yeah you see, you see it. Unfortunately for Denver, you got your bowl. Next he breaks his ankle, and then they got to rely on Jared to him, who I think is a good quarterback, but he hasn't played. He hasn't played in two years. So then you rely on him in a snowstorm to go whin you an NFC or a FC championship? It say it's tough, right, like the backup don't get the amount of reps that.
Speaker 2: A starter doesn't is a starter for a reason.
Speaker 3: Ye all pro pro bowler, the best middle linebacker. And here, yeah, I appreciated water. Yeah, appreciate you, brough. Mom, I'm here on behalf of experience. By the way, man, help you some time. Man money and credit like it? What my credit?
Speaker 7: You check your credit score on the app?
Speaker 2: Can you help me? Since you a party, experience my credit score?
Speaker 7: So I know I know you like to save money. Now experience help you say that?
Speaker 9: And Tom, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Boy, thank you back, appreciate you bro man Hey.
Speaker 2: Get you some McDonald's that ship. He'll left faster. But yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, Fred, they'll do that. We done got older, Fred. We can't. We can't process it like we was good tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You played against both teams, Seahawks and the Patriots. You got to put some money that matters to you. Who are you taking in the.
Speaker 1: Game, Seahawks? You're taking the Seahawks, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: What is it about the Seahawks that left the impression that, you know what I understand, both teams are more than worthy of being here. Both teams have earned and deserved the right to be here. What is it about the Seahawks that kinds you that makes you think that they have the edge in this ball game?
Speaker 1: They're just more dangerous.
Speaker 5: You know, the Patriots they're good, but the Seahawks are very dangerous, like at at every level on both sides of the ball, like there's a player that's waiting to be made.
Speaker 3: They can run the obviously with K nine running the football, j and Sen I mean the way he the effortlessness in which he runs, like he's just floating. He gives you no tails on when he's gonna break in a breakout or he's gonna keep straight ahead.
Speaker 1: What is it that you like about his game?
Speaker 3: Because you covered a lot of receivers, you get the ones, you get the two that You've seen a lot of receivers over an eighteen week, over nineteen human two many weeks on the seavers. What is it about JSC that makes him so special and so unique?
Speaker 5: He's very fluid, I would say, you know what I'm saying, Like you just said, like he doesn't give any tails, and I can see a lot of tales, but he doesn't give him often. And I think that's what kind of just separates his game. You know, he's able to make every catch and run every route, and he's able to go different places within the offense, and they move him around a lot and he's able to make the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen, I've talked about you tremendously. Damn there every week for sure. I'm sure you've heard some of the things I've said about you. Because I love exceptional dB play, appreciate your teammates. They call you crazy. The teammates they call you a lunatic because of your style of play, loving to play man and man does the surprise receivers with your style of play, and have you had any difficulties with anybody that just stands out to you from the receiver position?
Speaker 5: Never had no difficulties. I feel like every time I step on the field, it's either good bump or I did something wrong. Every time I lose rep, I feel like I did something wrong. I don't feel like people just go out there and beat me. I feel like there's something that I either step wrong, I wasn't locked in. That's just how I feel like. That's how I read myself. I feel like I'm here to step with anybody, you know what I'm saying. So I don't think that it's crazy. I just think that I just think different, like I'm just wired differently, Like I got everything. I'm here out the mud, you know what I'm sing. So I just feel like whenever I go out somewhere, I'm put my best foot. I'm putting my best foot down every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it showed from a rookie last year. It showed for sure. I'm un telling how many times I talked about his style of play. And we always talk about Stingley, Stingley Steley. But hold on now, yeah, all tripping, hold on now, we got somebody just as good that brings just as much value at the position at the third level on the other side. And I appreciate, I appreciate.
Speaker 3: Your work, thank you, But you understand because you have on the other side, they gonna try you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I love it.
Speaker 5: Look the time, I was just talking to him, like, bro, I fuck with you. Do you know what I'm saying, like you you you want to one and that that helps me one on one because they're not going and shoot, they want to They think I'm sweet the week, think I'm sweat side.
Speaker 1: Try let betraying here. Look here, when you're trying to go into someone's house, you oh that's locked. Yeah that was lock Yeah, because you on the other side.
Speaker 3: But when you look at your defense, you guys are physical defense at every level. You got our year and you got Toto.
Speaker 1: And the dB.
Speaker 3: Then bro, y'all are a physical defense. What is your mentality when Dimiico got there? What was your guys's mentality? It's like, okay, let's lock in because looking at you guys and O t As and look at you guys.
Speaker 1: And and training camps, we have an opportunity to be special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. From the moment I got drafted here, I was like, dang, this is a good defense. Last year week we kind of jailed together. This year, we already had a year up under our belt. I mean, you look like you said, you look all three levels on the back and you got c b Me, Petrick Steam, then he got Hndog, you got Z's then on my line, come on, you.
Speaker 1: Ain't even say that about your team.
Speaker 5: Like we got a lot of people and they like, we're just taking time bombs. There's a play wait and be made every single time we stepped on the field. So it's just fun going out there. Like I knew as soon as we stepped on the field this year for Ots, I'm like, oh yeah, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be one of the ones.
Speaker 2: How is Demiko Ryans help you as a player evolve and get better this early year career?
Speaker 5: You think he's helped me a lot. He just pushes me, Like I feel like I respect coach a lot because he drafted me obviously, so I feel like there's a there's a level of belief that he had in me from from a from the jump, and he just continued to push me like he just wants me to be better. He wants me like this year, He's like, you had a good year, but I need you to go ahead and I want.
Speaker 1: You another level.
Speaker 5: It's just like he said that last Year's like, okay, you did it. You had a good year. Now let's go to this level. So I just feel like the more that you push me, like, the more you put on my plate, I'm ready to eat them. You know what I'm saying, put your GM hat on. You're the GM in the Houston, Texas. What is it that you guys need to do to get over the hump? To me from the outside looking in, defensively, they don't get no better than that. What do you think y'all guys need to do to get.
Speaker 2: Over the hump? So you can be in a situation like the Seahawks and the Patriots are I'm trying to send me up. Oh no, no, no, you could do answer PC. That's all you see. That's why I said, put your GM had on GM.
Speaker 5: I think what we need to do? We got everything, we have everybody. We just I think I think depth because you know injuries happen absolutely, you know injuries derail a lot of teams, So I feel like depth would be that you can never have too much depth, And I just feel like he's got to make the plays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you saw it when CJ went down, your quarterback kept your float. Of course, because a lot of times we just saw and Fred was on here and we saw with the Broncos, their quarterback goes down and you need your quarter you need your backup to come in in one game. And that's the difference because the margin of the NFL of winning and losing is so small, because everybody at that level at one point in time was All State, All America, all world, all best, all that. So you're it's not like it's Georgia playing tc U.
Speaker 1: It ain't one of those situations.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: When I first got to the league, a guy told me, he said, Shannon, every guy that's in the NFL can make every other guy in the NFL look foolish if you just look at somebody to about whether they were drafted in the seventh round or they this or they that. The best the worst receiver on a given day can make the best dB look foolish.
Speaker 5: Of course, And y'all know how it is, like the margin for area is so small said, and it's like that's what the boys down and making the plays. But it takes so much to be able to make the play. Got to be in the right position, you got to be able to do a lot of stuff. And it's just we just gotta lock it on the details.
Speaker 3: Man, man, unbelievable see the man, best of ups. Great, Appreciate y'all. Don't get satisfied. Don't get satisfied. Continues to eat.
Speaker 1: Overeat sir, Yeah, hey, overeat.
Speaker 2: I want some of that work too, right, Look I ain't running, Hey, I want some of that work.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 5: Look I've been I've been waiting to get up and I've been waiting to get up with you for a long time.
Speaker 1: Come on you show look back in the day.
Speaker 2: Talk to him.
Speaker 5: They used to call it. They like around the way. They used to be like you look like little o Joe. Oh yeah, they used to say that.
Speaker 1: They say that. Yeah, they used to say that. I know.
Speaker 2: These feasts still work. Just fine, dude, where you cleat and the Trump?
Speaker 5: Hey mine in the Trump say appreciate it, you gratulations They have to keep stay hungry.
Speaker 1: Yes, certain.
Speaker 3: Man, congratulations, thank you joining us for play for the forty nine from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty Hatreds from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty four. Nah, he's back with the forty nine thirty seven catching five hundred and fifty one yards.
Speaker 2: Kendrick ya, Hey, well you look happy, you look excited. You look so joyous to me, good Man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, God is good life, good family, good health.
Speaker 1: Good Man.
Speaker 9: Got a good perspective by life, man, that's I'm living.
Speaker 1: Man. What got you feeling like this?
Speaker 9: It's just I'm not supposed to be here. Drafted. You know what I'm saying, contract take your time, got released this year, But adversity help you grow. Yes, I'm saying, how you look at it? And I'm on that wave man, building my own brand, building stuff that I want to see, what I'm saying, but using football as a platform. Yeah, and so I got something to look forward to.
Speaker 7: I'm inspired by y'all. Man.
Speaker 9: You know I'm saying night cap things y'all doing. Yes, it's inspiring, bro.
Speaker 1: After the game? How do you do that? Though?
Speaker 2: It is one of the things you just said, you've got released. You know what that does to you mentally?
Speaker 1: Mentally?
Speaker 2: That can crush you come on, most people are not able to come back from something like that happening. What do you account or what are you? A test to you being able to overcome that and still go for It's.
Speaker 9: Never too high, never too low. So you know what I'm saying, You're gonna be at the bottom, sometimes you're gonna be at the peak. How do I stay level?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 9: When I'm down?
Speaker 1: Up? I am?
Speaker 9: I am I who I say I am when I'm up or down? And that mentality, Bros Has gotten me through. So even when I'm losing, Brom, I'm always happy smiling because I know life, good life, big life, bigger than just football. And you think I am saying that we look at so that perspective has helped me get this far.
Speaker 1: Man, I like it, sir.
Speaker 3: There was of course that you really didn't want to leave New England, but hey, they wanted to move in a different direction and you go back to the forty nine is where it originally started. What was your expectations when you got back to the forty nine ers considering now they let Debo go, brandon OWYUK situation with what it was, but really they didn't like they had a whole lot of number of releepers, So you have fears all you had you won, Jenny, they re signed DeMarcus Robinson. So what was your expectations when you went back to the forty nine ers? What were you expecting from Kendrick boy?
Speaker 9: That's a great question, man. It's just God's story too, like him bringing me home, Like you're saying, of course I want to play in the super Bowl, like saying me lying if I did, like I want to play, But God's story different. So going back home, connected with Mac Jones, being connected to the Patriots in that space, and then us balling our opportunity. I didn't know what to expect, but having that right perspective, you know, I'm saying thinking with the glad pass fool, not like well, I ain't gonna go out there and play. They got this and that. So just having my mind in the right space, man, it allowed me to maximize my opportunity. And I'm right here right now, even on like social media, the story was great. So monetizing that story being home just helped me that right Now, what's the.
Speaker 2: Difference culturally being that you've been in both places. You've been over there with the Patriots, been over there with the forty nine ers. From a cultural difference, do they differ much being at the boat. Both both entities always have always had success.
Speaker 9: Nah dog the Patriots different, but tell them yeah, yeah, no, it's serious, bro. So the more militant, more blue collar.
Speaker 2: And then Shanahan chill football all the time.
Speaker 3: Check your leave ego at home, because if you check your ego at the door, you might we get a break.
Speaker 1: You'll go get it. Leave your ego at home, bring your ass here to work. We work. It's football. It's football. It's football.
Speaker 9: It's not you even where it sat like being in Foxboro, Co. It's just tough. And you think about San Franes, it's more like California. It's just that kind of vibe when you and Cali.
Speaker 3: You gon you ain't got look at I don't know how y'all do it, but you know you got to pass you in and pass you in shorts. Everything is really speed and tempo. You put the pads on, you get paid pads and nine on seven, you do the team stuff on Thursday, and then you take the pads off for half the year and then you out of the paths and then you good. You know shad a handed treat you what you need on the road. You get the smoothing and you want to watch a fight on the road. I look, I know Cal was a little kid when I was playing, playing for his dad. I know what that system is like. But I also know people that have played with the Patriots, and I know what that system is like.
Speaker 9: It's different. I love Kyle. He got the ways of doing things. You know how to get the superstars over there. Some guys ain't trying to be blue collar and work hard, but everybody operate different. So if you go to New England, anybody get get you, get your mind right. And if you go to say Frank, get your mind right. But it's gonna be a different kind of operation.
Speaker 3: If I just what I tell people, I said, it's easier to get drafted into New England as opposed to being.
Speaker 1: Drafted somewhere else and going through the land. That is facts because.
Speaker 3: Because it's easier to like, go tough and get easier, it's harder to be easier and get tough because you like hollo on bro. This is because we heard Drake Greenlaw. You heard what he said how he grew up in San Francis came from San Francisco. All he knew was Kyle, that West Coast system. And then you get Sean Payton.
Speaker 1: Who's old school. Old school. They thudding it up, practices alone, meetings alone.
Speaker 9: And that's a great point. So like from my story going from San franci the Patriots was that I experienced. I had to adjust. I'm and it was like a shot a whirl winning. I'm like, all right, bro, I need to adapt. How do I adapt? So I learned a lot which was powerful. But if you don't get your mind right, Yeah, but you're gonna you're gonna vote in my career.
Speaker 1: I ain't got got rough.
Speaker 3: I can't coach Belichick. You've got coach Belichick. Tell me who's his father was. It was militaristic, everything instructed. Everything is time. You're gonna be on time. Ain't ain't no late, It ain't no excuses. We are no excuse zone.
Speaker 2: Chad me a first first hand. And I'm coming from Cincinnati. Well, I'm not really coming from a background of success. I'm not really coming from a background and winning all the time. That one thing my little black as did is that work. That was the one thing I didn't have to adapt to that. Wherever I'm at, you know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: That's far.
Speaker 2: But that militant atmosphere that when you go to practice KB and you got to have on every single path like come on, Mayby, I'm not there with my hip pass in, but I ain't win my hip pads and butt passed. Since I was an optimist.
Speaker 1: It's that serious. Man.
Speaker 9: How he not first ballot though? Don't make it dogs.
Speaker 1: I wanted. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've had a couple of people on there and trying to ask how much do you think Spygate played a roller that?
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying. And it's funny because that's not my era in my time. So my experience with Bill and like what he taught me, I'm like, now he first ballot. I remember I ran He did a He did a tackling drills called sideline skinny, Yes, where he set up defenders. You run down the sideline, you do certain things. You make one defender stop his feet, make the other defender, and then you throw stiff from at the end. Man, I had a game Tennessee Titans. I was on the sideline man the drill came to life. Man, Man, I'm not even kidding dog, And I said this boy or guru. Yeah, and you know I knew how to run with the football, but that the repetition of that. At first, I'm like, man, I hate this drill. But then I won the game for us. Yes, I told you, boy, tell me dog. So I think he like that's different me. Yeah in a sense, but you got an opportunity to see it.
Speaker 3: And I just want to tell people, don't you have said the same thing if you get him out of a situation where it's just not football. He does have a kind of laid back personality. He would joke, but you gotta get him away where it where's the losses don't.
Speaker 1: Matter because if it where's the losses matter, you go to get coached the snowy dark. Yeah yeah, you go to get what you get.
Speaker 9: Don't talk to him. So I love that about him. You don't say he the ultimate competitor, ultimate like coach of the game presenting. It looks different things. So he helped me a lot in my career.
Speaker 3: But he's big in situations, aren't it because he's a situational guy. Because everything like this is going to come up at some point in time, and I want to prepare you. He is not a believer that having you dive and put the football out to go across the gold line, you better I think to put that ball out.
Speaker 9: It ain't boy. My boy was trolling me about fumbling. Whydy come back in the game. But you said, like trying to die for that fumbling.
Speaker 2: Oh, he don't play.
Speaker 9: But what you're saying, he cared that much. You can't get him a possession turnover. It's all situational to him. So I messes with his mind. Get him out the game. Yeah, I don't care. I don't care if you're the starter. He might if you if you like, like, if it's you, you might have went back again. I'm like, I'm till you ain't going back even I'm till too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you kid, Thank y'all. Man, appreciate you.
Speaker 9: Bro. Got some shirts for y'all. Whatside y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm a large DOUBLET.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like two or five.
Speaker 9: Now you're in box here regularly Boxy Team Boxy Box.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to look young.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you brought. He started his career in twenty thirteen with the filling up your Eagles.
Speaker 3: But then he spent twenty thirteen to twenty sixteen Browns, and then he goes to the Buffalo Bills from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty three, and he spends one year in Miami and now he's back with the Buffalo Bills, signed late August activated week six.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're back home Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I mean I think you know, you've been a lot of stops, but I think you would consider Buffalo your home. As far as wise, that game in Denver, was that as painful of a loss that you've been a part of.
Speaker 1: Uh, it was up there because the Kansas City losses some of those.
Speaker 10: For sure, it was up there. You know, I was hurt that game, so I wasn't able to be out there with the with the boys. Uh so even even more harder to watch. Yeah, as part of the obviously the thirteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: You know I had some tough losses in the in the previous years, but yeah, that was up there. You know, the game comes down to what it came down to. Everybody has gonna have their opinion on this, that or the other. You know, one play here or there. You know, it is what it is, and uh, you know, we gotta we gotta gotta take that one and take that one on the gin.
Speaker 2: You know, now that we're in the off season, how's the body feeling? How you holding up? What's next?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man? Uh, you know, this is the first year I felt healthy in a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I took my hamstring. I'm thirty four, still doing it at thirty four, Bro, I love it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, bro? Which is uh?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an incredible season.
Speaker 10: I came to sign on the practice squad, ended up, you know, being on starting by week four, week five. You know, love the boys out there. Body body felt great. Was the healthiest that I felt in a long time. You know, as I transitioned to you know, whatever's next. You know, I'm a free agent right now, and so you know, Buffalo is home. Do you want to continue to play?
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 10: I would be open and continuing to play really mostly in Buffalo, is I love?
Speaker 1: That's not what home home is.
Speaker 10: But you know, I spent most of my career out there. I'm on the I'm on the backside of my career.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I went no such thing as backside. There's no such thing as backside. That is something that they put in our heads, make it seem like, you know, speaking of you know, we could always use the safety down then in the five one three, just and Kate. I'm putting that out there right now, just in Kse. You know, for sure I could talk to Mike.
Speaker 10: You know, no, I'm I'm I'm open to keep playing, man, Okay, still play at a high level. And again, you know, whatever whatever happens gonna happen. The year before Miami super tough. Uh you know, I I signed there after I got cutting Buffalo, wanted to get my get back on the bills just in again smacked by them twice the Hope season again smack around. So uh you know, the idea coming back this year was to finish my career the right way, back to Buffalo. But you know, I'm open to keep playing. I still play the game at a high level. I love playing this game. And I played the game because I love the game. Yeah, you know, I love I love playing, I love competing. Love be nothing my boys. But uh, you know again, as I transition, I'm more transitioned to the mental health, mental awareness, and I think a lot of I think a lot of us as we transition, we have this identity crisis. I don't want to say not crisis, but just you know, we have our whole lives. We've been playing this game and that's been our identity. As we transition, we kind of we we lose that, you know, and so finding ways to understand.
Speaker 1: Who you are outside of football.
Speaker 10: So you know, we do a lot of events, holistic events, breath works. We're going on tour in May, uh in May with artists. We're blending you know, mindfulness, dance, breath work, medicine all together and music all together. Yeah, bringing three hundred people together and breathing deep. Man, So excited about the transition. Whatever's next, whatever's next? Man, I'm you know, I look up to you guys all the time, just seeing you guys doing your thing, man, and that's motivation in itself. And I know I have a voice. I know I see the game the way that I see the game. I know I can talk about the game. But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Man. I'm just enjoying life for whatever it says. Something very interesting.
Speaker 3: You said, you know this thing up, this football, because for the better part of your life, everything has been structured. You're gonna be here at this time, you're gonna be here at that time, You're gonna be this, this and this, and all of a sudden you leave the game of football and there is no more structure because now I don't have meetings at ten o'clock in the morning, I don't have practice at this time, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't have a game, and I don't have this, and I don't have that.
Speaker 3: So as you start to make that transition, because like you said, I got less time in the league than.
Speaker 1: I previously had. So what's been that transition like for you?
Speaker 3: How have you started to put those pieces in play to make sure because football is what I did.
Speaker 1: Is not who I am. Yeah, and that's a great question. Is I struggled with that for a long time?
Speaker 10: Uh, you know, I struggle with alcohol for a long time, especially early on in my career, for probably six years of my career. I've been been soverer for five years now and p And you know, as I've as I've transitioned into sobriety, and I've learned a lot more about this world that we're in, about myself. I've learned, you know, I'm more than a football player, right, Like football is what I.
Speaker 1: Do and it's what I love. I love playing the game, right, but it's not who I am.
Speaker 10: And so understanding I think that transition is understanding your purpose or having a purpose, right, like what is your purpose for being here on this planet? Like why did God bring you here? And for me, I just leave it to be a light man, it to be a light in this world to shine to you. And I don't pretend to sit here and know everything about everything, but I know enough.
Speaker 1: About enough to understand, Like you know, there's.
Speaker 10: More to this than than than what we see on our daily day basis, you know, and when we go in where when we dive within, when we look with Him, when we look within ourselves can understand ourselves and understand be aware of the daily decisions that we make and those decisions and the consequences that come from those decisions.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's just it's it's.
Speaker 10: An awareness, right, It's an awareness. It's the same thing like you know, for what is pressure? Right Like when fourth and fourth God happen?
Speaker 1: What is pressure? Pressure? You're you're in a in a situation and your pressure is.
Speaker 10: You have expectations that the situation should be this, and so you're thinking, you're thinking outside of the now moment right like that, the moment is now. There is no such thing as pressure because it's only now.
Speaker 1: And so when you have when you can collect, when you can.
Speaker 10: You know, we train our bodies, all your your lung right, train our to to go out there and perform on Sunday, to be at our best.
Speaker 2: Our brain is a muscle too, and so I believe that especially as younger athletes.
Speaker 10: We we we we have the ability to train our brain to to go within and to learn about pressure, learn about why you feel the way you feel in certain situations, your emotions, learn how to control your emotions, to have awareness of your emotions.
Speaker 1: You know, why does this piss me off? Why does this? You know why why does this take me off?
Speaker 7: Why does she always come up with a bad attitude?
Speaker 10: And you know you can then change shift your shift your energy right and put more authenticity and more love into the world. And you see how the one the universe starts to work. We can say you're all day and talk about the laws of the universe and and you know all the spirituality stuff. But I say all that to say you know, we are all more than athletes. You know, we are all more and we are all one. We're all connected beyond what you can even fathom, and I think it's all important for us to continue to share it like just like you guys are doing with that, sharing your light, being who you are and not being afraid of that, and that's our transition.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I'm to continue to keep it on.
Speaker 3: You understand this league, it is a quarterback. You have the league, and you played one of the better quarterbacks. But the expectations are the greater the player, the more expectations of play, be it fair or unfairly.
Speaker 1: That is just the way it is.
Speaker 3: Because we know that this is why they make the most money, this is why they get the most endorsements. That's why their face or all over everything.
Speaker 1: Do you do you think.
Speaker 3: Josh in this situation, does he understand the magnitude and the gravity of what's in store, what's what's been placed on him.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 10: I mean he's face to the franchise, his face to the NFL, you know, but he's still he's still Josh. You know, he's still in the building, you know, being himself. He unders he understands. He understands his his aura, right, he understands who he is, and it's the best quarterback in the league in my opinion, and he'll be the best quarterback in the league until he's done playing, in my opinion. And you know, I always love riding with Josh and you know, unfortunately haven't been able to get it done in those big games. But you know, he's always somebody that's gonna come back and keep fighting and keep you know, and keep throwing and keep running people over, keep hurling people.
Speaker 1: And so he does.
Speaker 10: He does understand the weight of the world is on his shoulders, but I think he rises to that in the moments. You know, he played hurt the last three games of the season, and he plays through. I mean, he's see it in his interviews. You know, they ask him, Hey, what do you hurt this in the game. He's like, no, I'm good. Like like what everybody saw you have saw you have you hurt your hand and twisted you knee or whatever.
Speaker 1: But like that's who he is, right, He's a competitor.
Speaker 10: And I go to war with him one hundred out of one hundred days because I see it, like in his eyes before the game and yeah, you fall short.
Speaker 1: It's just it happens. But how you're going to respond. And I know he's gonna respond the right way. I like it, Appreciate it, join for I appreciate you'll thank you man. Appreciate that. All the bad