Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Statobek along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Avalon Parnell from the Bloomberg News team. With some stocks on the move.
Speaker 3: Sure do so we can go in and start off with Apple, that's ticker AAPL whipsawing from the green to the red, although right now it's down about five zero point five percent in post market. That's after the tech company reported second quarter results that were boff expectations basically across the board. But we already know there's a lot of questions that people have, mainly about the margin with the very high prices for memory right now, and also whether we're going to hear anything from the incoming CEO.
Speaker 4: Gint Turnas, although everybody we keep talking was like, come on, we know, we know he's going to take over.
Speaker 5: You know, we know what the company needs to do.
Speaker 4: But that's a great summary because there's a lot that comes out when Apple drops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've done about half a percentage.
Speaker 4: Point right now, speaking about when you know, a lot comes out when Apple drops Roadblocks really dropping in the aftermarket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roadblocks, that's ticker RBLX now, so currently thinking about twenty one percent. That's after the firm reported were daily active users for the first quarter that fell far below expectations. It also slashed its full your Bookings forecast and issued second quarter forecasts that were again below expectations. And this is all happening after Roadblocks has implemented some child safety restrictions and features, and yeah, it seems to be impacting. How many kids actually want to play on the app?
Speaker 5: Now, I don't know. I don't know anybody who plays. Do you know anybody who plays on the app?
Speaker 1: Well, it's for kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well sometimes a see it's your question stuxdown about thirty.
Speaker 1: I mean say for kids. I think it's for kids.
Speaker 5: I don't know, do you plan?
Speaker 3: No, My younger siblings used to play it when they were kids.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, all right, so there you go. There's the market.
Speaker 4: Let's go on over to Reddit. Also on the move in the aftermarket, A whole.
Speaker 3: Lot of stuff happening in tech. That's ticker RDDT. Gaining now about nine percent postmarket. That's after a firm beat sales expectations again on those continued ads growth, and it also released a sales forecast that came ahead of estimates. Worth also noting that Reddit's COO told Bloomberg earlier today that it is in active discussions with open ai and Google about next steps related to their current licensing agreement.
Speaker 5: I bet Reddit.
Speaker 4: You know, We've always talked about one of the big value of Reddit, right is all the data and information they can give because they very segmented, vertical, you know, people interested in certain things, and that kind of data is going to be very, very valuable going forward.
Speaker 1: I think I've shared this story before.
Speaker 5: That you disappeared into Reddit.
Speaker 1: We own, well that was the problem. I mean, the Reddit algorithm, at least me is like so good. It's just constantly serving exactly what it thinks I want to see and it's correct. And at the end of twenty twenty four, how much time I got this email or like, you know, this thing popped up on Reddit app and it was like, here is You're yearly wrapped and read it and he was like you have scrolled and it said like the number of miles I had scrolled on my phone with my thumbs.
Speaker 5: I was just like, you should see the muscles.
Speaker 1: That is that is the ultimate sign to just uninstall the app and quit. And I did, wow, because I can't.
Speaker 5: We brought him.
Speaker 1: Back like it was really bad. My screen time was really bad.
Speaker 2: Still is redd?
Speaker 4: Social media addiction ninety five percent family.
Speaker 5: Job, Holy kidding.
Speaker 1: Like this?
Speaker 5: No, you know you're like a sibling to me.
Speaker 4: Bloomberg News equities reporter Avalon Purnell joining us with some stock stocks on the move.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app MHM.