Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcome's dustin Nickerson April seventeenth through the nineteenth. Then catch the hilarious siblings Leah and Andrew Rudick April twenty fourth through the twenty sixth. And from Dublin, Ireland, it's David Nihil Me second and third Comedy Up Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy.
Speaker 2: To the area thirty eight years later.
Speaker 1: Call e five nine two seven to one joke or visit comedy off Broadway, dot com com off Bronway.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome everyone at Kentucky Sports Radio, Friday, May the second. I'm Matt Jones here live at my house in Louisville, Kentucky, right in the beautiful Highlands, on what so far is an absolutely perfect day. I'm not sure it's going to stay that way, but that's okay. It's wonderful. Now it is Kentucky Oaks Day. And you give U Seowan the Clark's puppetsjop phone line. That's a five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty Sevevan a Vision auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four In this edition sponsor by the t J Smith Lows you called tj'll make them pay. I have a dressed up Drew Franklin, a dressed up Mario Maitland who's on the mic as well, and a Ryan Lemon wearing shorts where I can see things I don't need to see. Happy Yoaks day, gentlemen.
Speaker 5: I gotta say somethingfore we start. We've been here a couple dozen times. This is by far the cleanest your place has ever been well done.
Speaker 4: Yes, so that's uh. You would thank Karen Green Blondelle for that.
Speaker 5: Well she did it. There are no empty dyke cup cups hanging everywhere Coke coca. So you got all your books in order? Do you think about these new bookshelves? It's amazing. I've decided a summer thing we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: Mario, I'll do a tour of my library because people always ask what I read. I have three massive bookshelves full you like those? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, tons of books? Man?
Speaker 5: What happened to your DVDs were over in that corner?
Speaker 4: I gave them away.
Speaker 5: You gave them away.
Speaker 4: Well, DVDs are DVDs. Yeah, I had, I probably had.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Mario one hundred and fifty DVDs just stacked up in this.
Speaker 4: They were stacked up in that corner. I also did the same thing with my CDs, CDs and DVDs, just unfortunately technology has rendered them. It was hard to give away the Willie Nelson Complete Collection, but since it's on my phone, I feel like I could.
Speaker 6: I had a huge DVD collection. I used to work at sam Goodies, so I got the employee discount. I had everything, and when I took it to sell it off, I mean, just trash bags full of them. They're like, yeah, we'll give you twenty bucks exactly. There's worth absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I went through a period in the nineties where I bought every season of a television show you could buy, not just like The Sopranos in the Wire or West Wing, which I liked, but for some reason I would convince myself, yeah, let's just go ahead and get the complete Sandford in some collection, which I did own, and I had to news Radio. Why not news Radio? I want to watch that forever? So there was a period of time. If a show came out in the nineties, I had its entire collection and I and got rid of all of them. I gave them all way because you know, I mean with streaming.
Speaker 5: All that stuff is it's amazing, like we're walking.
Speaker 4: I kept one.
Speaker 5: I kept one, keep one.
Speaker 4: Because I don't think you can stream it, although somebody said recently maybe you can. I kept the entire collection of that show on MTV the State. Remember that show, I remember being on your shelf. That was the only one I can't because I wanted to make sure I didn't lose.
Speaker 6: I kept the Sopranos box set. I feel like that's a collector's item. But I did head to part ways with my Blind Date the entire series. Yeah, I think it was unopened. I mean there are some value on this. Had had to part ways.
Speaker 4: So I could have given it all to you to Mario'll let you teach you about the older generation of TV show.
Speaker 6: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 4: Yuh.
Speaker 6: Y'all lost me when you just started talking about the DVD. Yeah, man, if you don't know the feeling, if you never watched the DVD ever, No, no, not really.
Speaker 7: The CDs I remember putting the CDs in the car because my dad used to do that.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, you said that, like I would be talking about the telegraph. I've never felt it's like I had the CD you put in the car. Yeah, that was during my childhood. That's how you listen to music, was the CD.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what early childhood I had that Mario. I know about putting a DVD and a menu would pop up, the fact that you could control have chapters in.
Speaker 4: A movie, and then like director's commentary. Oh now, I actually do miss the director's commentaries. Those were those were pretty good. So so anyway they're gone now Ryan. And then so you got these bookshelves with all the books. The house is clean. Picture the wall, Yeah not the biggest, biggest in the wall. You got someone painted that for me. You got Daniel.
Speaker 5: Boone right here. I wondered what that was.
Speaker 4: Abraham Lincoln's quote, I hope to have God on my side, but I have to have Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Good always says something about attitude and gratitude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, you got my New York Times bestsellers that thing, so all my all degrees don't get used.
Speaker 5: But totally totally a new place. When you walk in, you got crue. There's a bouquet of flowers. Now they might be real flowers, those volcane flowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would be. There's that. Those are real flowers.
Speaker 7: Look at that.
Speaker 5: Look at there?
Speaker 6: You saying pictures on the wall. There's no pictures on the wall before on the ground.
Speaker 4: Now I had them laying leaning against the wall because I didn't know how to hang it.
Speaker 6: Well, you should have seen them before. You're in the after picture. It's funny. It's like pictures on the wall on the wall.
Speaker 5: He was so proudent we walked in. He told Hobby, you go look at the room of stuff, clean stuff. It's clean.
Speaker 6: It's clean.
Speaker 4: So so we're ready to go at his Oaks day? Uh are we are? We got our simply joking hats on. Are you ready for a big day to day at the track?
Speaker 6: I'm ready. But it's a different experience because I've never been part of the the the sport. Normally, I'm just a spectator and I don't to be honest, I don't even care who when. But there's a lot on the line. This could change our futures, like ten after five.
Speaker 4: But we could end up sneaking into the Winter Circle. I mean, I don't know if we're invited in or not, but I'll tell you what I'm getting in if we win, I'm getting in. Now. They're having an owner's meeting, Shannon at one o'clock, and I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we're gonna be close getting there, But what do you think is gonna happen in the owners me Apparently the trainer's going to talk to us about our chances.
Speaker 5: Well, they're probably gonna tell each and every one of you you're not invited to the Winter Circle. Stay in the.
Speaker 4: Grand stand, Mario.
Speaker 6: They can't keep me away.
Speaker 5: You're going.
Speaker 6: You know how you are?
Speaker 4: Well, Look, so I did a lot. I did my research last night, okay, because you know I'm the Oaks Daily Racing. I went to, uh, the grocery store, the Thornton's down the road daily racing form.
Speaker 5: People were lined up out the door to get to day. Louisville just treats this so different.
Speaker 4: Remember in Lexington, I had a hard time fining daily Racing form. In Louisville, the gas stations that have it, they're lined down the street for people get it. I got my Kentucky my favorite handicapped tip sheep. Three dollars for the Kentucky handy. You had to pay extra for the tip sheet. Oh it's worth three dollars this person. When races are in Kentucky, the Kentucky handicap er sheet, that's what you want. It's always helpful. So I was looking at it yesterday and basically I break down the Oaks race like this. Okay, let's hear it, sanon. This is my scientific bad handicapping race. Good Cheer is by far the best. Okay, all right, Good Cheers one all of its races. It's it's it's a beast. So it's by far the favorite, and we're gonna have to hope. You know it's it's has a bad trip, it's drunk or something like, it's in love. You know that it's mind is somewhere else. But if if you take him out, her her, you take her out, we're as good as anybody nice. Right now, we're the third choice. I think you look at it just on terms of results, were probably fourth or something, probably a ASR bump in some of the early betting. But if you if the favorite for whatever reason doesn't do well. I think Drew we got as good a chance as everybody. I'm being honest about that.
Speaker 6: And I'd rather be there than the favorite. The pressure all the shows, like it's in her head right now, you know, you get the pressure like this.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're kind of like Greg Norman in ninety six at the Masters. You're gonna start getting nervous.
Speaker 6: You know, I thought this horse was Greg Norman. There's great analogy there. But I love our spot kind of coming in a little under the radar except for the radio promotion, and we're gonna surprise everyone.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say the radio promotion probably has put.
Speaker 6: Some we have a little demip on our shoulder, I do.
Speaker 4: I have a friend who works in the horse industry who said, there's a lot of people who see the early money on simply joking and they're like, what's going on? And they think it's like somebody that has a tip a ha because but they don't know that, like we're you know that this is happening. So over four hundred of you own some piece of it, and that was going into last night. There might be more. I don't know today, but our business partners these are our business Parkers.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is really the way if we win.
Speaker 4: We have the Oaks part. If you have proof of that, I guarantee you a see awesome, awesome at the at the Bar.
Speaker 5: I really feel like today is a life changing day for all of us.
Speaker 6: You're not even going, Yeah, I'll be watching a T shirt with your name on it.
Speaker 5: We got my best Scoop Liming T shirt on today. Not even going, but I'm gonna be well, I'm all those guys that doesn't like me in the Arenact to take a shower.
Speaker 2: We're like you during March Badness.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fair. You're walking down the street. We'll have the Oaks on by the way at the at the Bar if you want to come watch it today. It's gonna well it's maybe gonna rain, but otherwise but we have a roof so it should be okay.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: This is one. I mean, I going to the Oaks and the Derby Drew is a whole thing. Like so I've done it, you know I don't, But today I think it's gonna be a little different. We're in the like what is it third floor clubhouse, which that's where a lot of people are, but might get to go up to the turf club with with fellow celebrities, and.
Speaker 6: Of course security come to some point. Yeah, well we've done this many times, but I'm actually on quite a drought from being over there. I don't know that I've been since COVID. There haven't. There was a time we went every year consecutively for quite a while, which was fun every year, but I've had the itch to get back.
Speaker 4: I haven't been. I don't think any of us have been since COVID, So yeah, I haven't. Now have you ever been, Mario, I've never been, so you don't even know what you're going to.
Speaker 7: I've been to like the track, but I've never been actual to Downs and Derby.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you've never been to this. Now you you're dressed very well. I mean dress is great. Uh you've got a purple jacket with matching dunks. But you said you hate this the dress.
Speaker 6: I don't like dressing up. Why that's I don't feel comfortable. I feel a little t I like. I like comfortable clothes.
Speaker 4: I can just me too, do you what do you think about my I like it?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: You got the yellow tie with the Kobe's to match the tie.
Speaker 6: I like is the khakis? I like it.
Speaker 7: It looks classic, smooth.
Speaker 4: Spiffy, smooth, classic, smooth and spit. I like that. I like being spiffy.
Speaker 6: I don't know we were going sneakers. I fell over dressed. I'm wearing my nice leather boots and.
Speaker 4: You back up the rotation.
Speaker 5: Yes, the rotation.
Speaker 4: This round of not included these gold code perfect And I'm like these gold Kobe's. This is one of the nicer pairs of shoes I have.
Speaker 5: Are you worried about getting mouddy when you walk across the track.
Speaker 4: Because their gold? I could clean them and to be okay, Yeah, if they were white, maybe not, but because I'm because they're gold like. Plus, you know what am I saving them for? This is Oaks Day. We have a horse. If we win gold go to get there? Yeah all right, So we're gonna talk a little bit more about the race. Kentucky is playing Saint John's. We'll talk about that as well. But to me, shann In, the overall number one story has to be this dude in Georgetown. Oh yeah, So let me go back for a second. When we were on the air, and I said, they don't know who the winner is? Was that Monday they had actually announced the winner right before the show started. We didn't know, And all of a sudden throughout the day, throughout the show, people are like, hey, man, do you know who this dude is in Georgetown? And I didn't know. I thought his mother was his girlfriend? Me too, and what was what's his name?
Speaker 6: James Faring Farthing?
Speaker 4: And so when I saw it, I was like, I think you even said chen And that's how you wanted a lottery winner to look.
Speaker 3: That's exactly wife beater on tatted up, you know, not a gut in a business suit and slicked back hair.
Speaker 4: That's what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So people started writing me and saying, hey, dude, might look into this guy's rap sheet, and I was like, well, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not getting into that.
Speaker 4: You know, this was it because this was a private citizen. So I was like, this public radio show will go. So over the next couple of days, I realized he had along rap sheet, but you know what do you I'm not I don't want to just be like, dude has long rap sheet, So we just kind of let it go and then it comes across the wire that forty eight hours after he won the lottery, he's arrested for assaulting a police officer in Florida. Looks like there was what Ryan a bar fight or something, and the police came and then he might have got into it with the police. Is that what it looks like happened.
Speaker 5: And apparently kicked the police officer.
Speaker 4: Kicked the police officer. His wife whose last name is what.
Speaker 2: Fighter fighter master?
Speaker 4: Yeah, his girlfriend's last name is fight master. Literally, when you start dating, listen, Mario, I'm not going to give you too much advice. When you start dating a woman, if it's if her last name is fight.
Speaker 2: Master or her first name's Tiffany with an eye.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not Tiffany. First of all, be careful of anyone that ends in an eye. Okay, Britney with an eye, anybody with an eye. Be careful. But if you date a woman last name's fight master, you're asking for it could be on its true right and next thing you know, they are both forty eight hours I've been winning the lottery, arrested in Florida. Now we're gonna take we have to take a break, but I want to get everybody's takes.
Speaker 5: On the day and best story of the day.
Speaker 4: Oh, one of my favorite stories of all time. Assuming everybody's okay, can't even go forty eight hours without it, We'll take a break. Very backs cansel.
Speaker 5: Walking back.
Speaker 4: It is Kentucky Sports Radio text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. One person rides, Matt, I'm disappointed in you and Drew. You're not wearing your cowboy hats to the track. I considered it me too. We gotta we gotta work with joking. If I, if I didn't have the horse in, I'd wear the cowboy hat.
Speaker 6: They should have given us simply joking cowboy hats, and then we would have been in business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we would have looked ridiculous, but would have done it. But yeah, so I thought about that. I would have worn it if if it was if we if we didn't have this.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna wear my cowboy boots and I said, no, I don't want to get them dirty because it's gonna range like, yeah, cowboys.
Speaker 4: Don't get those boots money. That's right. One person rights, Matt. Could you get Drew and Mario to carry your you and your Kobe's across the mud like they did. Jack Harlow, that was a ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Remember that one, of course, I remember that.
Speaker 4: When they carried out. I just got some breaking news. Shannon running on a Kentucky basketball will play Perdue in an exhibition game in Rupperina leading into next season. So rather than playing two exhibition games against stinky teams this year, they will play at least one game against a team like Purdue.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Presumably that might include next year going back the other way, or maybe not, who knows, but this year we'll play Perdue in an exhibition game. Ryan, Do you like that? I love it.
Speaker 5: I mean this is kind of a trend now because teams are doing this or then playing exhibition games against NAII schools or whatever. I hope the other game they play is still a Kentucky school. Kind of like that element of what they're doing. But I love the fact they're getting to play a high level opponent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Purdue could be a number one title favorite going in the next year. They have a lot of people back Branden Smith, who.
Speaker 4: He's probably national player of your favorite.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean that's a huge opponent to open the season with, and I love Uh. They just can see where they stand without really affecting anything fun.
Speaker 5: I cannot stand Purdue. I hate Purdue the way a lot of southeater Kentucky people hate Tennessee Because.
Speaker 4: What do you think it's gonna be like to play a game like that though, where it doesn't matter whether you win. Do you think our fans are still gonna expect Of course, I.
Speaker 7: Think they'll still be into it, and it's gonna be in roughed like in the beginning part of the season. Yeah, fans are gonna be definitely into it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, October, that's gonna feel weird playing a probably number one team in the country.
Speaker 4: That'll be a good rubber, a good chs bar environment before the that's it. I think it's great they're doing that. A team should have done this a long time ago. I think the NCAA kind of banned it, and then they started letting them do it for charity after COVID, and now I guess they've kind of opened.
Speaker 5: So here's the question. When was the last time they played Perdue And they played like in the late eighties in the tournament one game, late nineties, I mean not late nineties. It's gotta be thirty.
Speaker 4: We played them once in one of these like back when we used to play in like things like Maui. I don't think it was in Maui. But I don't remember a Purdue game, which is crazy because it's not that far away, true, right, I mean, it's just it's what just on the other side of Indianapolis.
Speaker 6: Ninety six and ninety seven on the same date.
Speaker 4: Actually in the Great eight yeah, oh yeah, the Grade eight when they used to play, was that in Indianapolis.
Speaker 6: Yes, uh, Chicago this time.
Speaker 4: But the Grade eight was where they took the teams that made the Elite eight the year before and let them play, which is a great idea. I mean, it's tougher to do now because you have completely different rosters the next year.
Speaker 6: But beat them both times pretty Handley actually beat him about fourteen both times.
Speaker 5: We're gonna beat him again this time because produce stinks.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that's good, Okay, let's go back to our guy. So the important things. So yeah, I mean that that that's basketball.
Speaker 6: But this this.
Speaker 4: Guy, so he gets arrested. Apparently he was in Florida Ryan because he wanted to buy a high rise apartment on the beach now I want to say this for this dude, waste note forty eight hours, he's already in Florida looking for a high rise of Peach Front properly, he.
Speaker 6: Didn't even go.
Speaker 4: Let's wait till the weekend, honey, let's go.
Speaker 6: Now. I can't judge him on this because if I'd won the lottery, I would have been in Vegas before anyone could blink. You wouldn't see me, I'd be Yeah, So I'm not judging himinn No, I wouldn't say that. I'll still have I'll actually still work my jobs. I enjoy it.
Speaker 7: But like I, you know, I'm going here and there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I gotta celebrate.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Well, I was at Georgetown last night and that was the scuttle Bucks what everybody was talking about. Yeah, apparently him, he's he got a high rise penthouse hotel room. I was looking at beachfront property to purchase.
Speaker 4: Have they even gotten their money yet?
Speaker 5: Shannon?
Speaker 4: Like, are they waiting for the check to clear? Because they're taking it up front?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: So now here's some just legal things. And let me say, I know nothing about his situation, but he, as I understand it, got out of prison not that.
Speaker 5: Long ago, right, less than two years ago, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: I'm going to assume with no knowledge because I haven't looked up his wrap sheet, So this could be wrong. Take this with a grain of salt. But there's a decent chance he's still on probation, Absolutely a decent chance. I don't know that. But if he just got out two years ago, and in looking at some of the charges, there's a decent chance he's on probation, yes, which presumably this will violate, then there's a decent chance that because he's on probation, he's gonna have issues bonding.
Speaker 5: Out go back to jail.
Speaker 4: Is he he might still be there right now? Does did he get out? I'm not sure he would because of the probation. He might he might not have gotten out, depending on the time. I don't know there, But depending on the terms of probation, then you have to be extra hided like this dude, Shannon went from top of the world to just don't get in a bar fight with the fight mass bottom of the.
Speaker 2: World the top of the world back. I guess he got home.
Speaker 5: So is there a world if he's incarcerated that will hold his winnings well?
Speaker 4: See, I don't know. I think the rules about the lottery are you don't. I don't think it asked if you're a good person, So you think the lottery should have a you can't have been a criminal? Or does that cut down on the tickets you so much?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 5: But can they hold the money if he's in jail? But hold it for what?
Speaker 4: Under what grounds? I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's why I'm asking your I don't. I don't know of a law.
Speaker 4: That says you can't, Like I mean, if he was in prison, unless there's a law that says you can't. Now, if he owes money restitution, they'll they might take that out, but it was left over. There's still gonna be a lot left over.
Speaker 6: It says the story that came out at seven said he was still in jail as a seven facing. It says he's facing probation.
Speaker 4: Yes, because he's on probation. See, I didn't know that, but that doesn't surprise me. See, I'm doing my legal amount. I thought he's not going to be able to get out of jail because of the probation violation. So and you know when you when you violate your probation, you go to jail for the amount of time that was left in your sentence. And especially in Kentucky, where we let people out earlier because we have jail over crowding, there might be Shannon many years left in his sentence, so he might literally have gone from this to jail. And because this is now high profile, nobody's gonna let him out. No, no judge, because the media going to be at his whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's everywhere, I.
Speaker 4: Mean his You talk about screwing up.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, dude, just be like a normal person.
Speaker 3: Normal these these guys, you just can't help them.
Speaker 5: Being his probation officer, And you get the call earlier in the week, your dude just won the power Ball one hundred and seventy million. Then you get the call yesterday, Uh, your dude's in jail down in Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, just first thing, and again, she might be a wonderful woman if I win seventy seven million dollars. Maybe consider getting away from the fight master, just name alone, name alone. Mario's the name.
Speaker 5: Just worried about the fight man.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you can make such a dumb decision.
Speaker 3: You wonder a lottery to be with life that you want to fight somebody you.
Speaker 4: Have seventy seven million dollars. I'll tell you this, if I get said, I say this like I did with Ewan Musk. If I had his money, I wouldn't say a word on Twitter. Fight at seventy seven million dollars. I ain't fighting anybody very bad.
Speaker 2: You know, I fight anybody anyway. Shut out TJ.
Speaker 4: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 1: He'll make them.
Speaker 3: Pay no more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Starck to Mortgage.
Speaker 2: Here's not Jones.
Speaker 4: It's a great song. Great song that is what's it called again? Yeah, Cocaine blues of course. Uh. The version of this that Joaquin Phoenix does and walk the line is really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah he does.
Speaker 5: He's saying that himself.
Speaker 4: He did. Uh. You know the recent storms have caused damage across the state. But don't wait to get your roof inspect to get it done now with Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting, family veteran and first responder, own, fully licensed, insured. Uh. Don't you know there's been a lot of stories about roofing companies that take advantage. Who's one you can trust? Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting. If you don't want the pressure being told you must replace your roof called Bluegrass Roofing and Consulting lifetime warranty and if you say KS you get a free inspection and up to five percent of off your roof for pay or replacement. That's pretty good. Use a code KSR Blue Guys Roofing Consulting dot com or one eight hundred roof pro So the woman fight Master, fighte Master. She's out, okay, but he is kept on because I kept saying probation, violation of parole. Now here's another crazy part of the story. Shannon guess when his parole.
Speaker 2: Ended, probably like last week or.
Speaker 4: August twenty twenty five. If he could have just gotten through August, just through August, could have been fine. Could just not got the story I just read said they gotten fights with multiple people at the ball. They were just walking around asking people if they wanted.
Speaker 6: Some probably at a high end bar, a lot of wealthy people.
Speaker 7: I wonder what they were fighting about, though. That's the weird part about it.
Speaker 4: You think they were like I won the lottery and everybody else goes, no, you didn't, and they just punch him right in the face.
Speaker 5: Maybe, so could they.
Speaker 4: Have been fighting with about multiple people.
Speaker 5: Ry Great Crossing or Scott County.
Speaker 6: There's nothing you could do to get me to fight if I just want the watter. There's nothing you could say to me, nothing you could do to me. I am not doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, First of all, why are you going to a place if you've got that kind of money where you might fight.
Speaker 6: Make sure they're at a luxury play and they're fighting where you should be. Do you think they're like the senior frogs?
Speaker 4: So so now he's gonna go He's going to the pokey like he's going to the pokey. He's gonna go for whatever was left of his other sentence, right, and he's gonna get charged. And the thing is they're not gonna show him any sympathy because this is now a national case.
Speaker 5: Absolutely assaulted a police officer.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows about this story broken the New York Post, Shannon, I mean this didn't break in the Georgetown Beacon. That's broken the New York Post.
Speaker 3: The root letter here is Clark's pumping shot because now they're a national brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Clark in the store, that's right.
Speaker 4: He pumped in the shopped he shot. I think that was.
Speaker 6: She's like a guy with that much money, he could find some trouble in jail too. I wouldn't want to be going to jail with everybody knowing what I'm worth.
Speaker 4: I will say there was a person who wrote me after the story came out from Georgetown and said to me, they will he will have no money in two years.
Speaker 5: They just knew he's gonna blow through and blow through.
Speaker 4: They knew him just like that. He's gonna he's gonna through.
Speaker 5: He was on a head start penthouse hotel room looking for beach property down in Florida. Quick.
Speaker 4: One person writes, Matt, you shouldn't be so down on your horse. Keenland Dan has it is his horse to beat today.
Speaker 5: All right, that's what we needed.
Speaker 4: Who's Keenland Dan?
Speaker 6: It's our guy.
Speaker 4: Who is he?
Speaker 6: You don't know? But he's my guy. Now he's been my guy for ten seconds. Now that you said that, what does that well?
Speaker 4: Keenland Dan? Does he work at Keenland? I guess he goes to Keylo a lot.
Speaker 6: His name is Dan. He obviously knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like, no, I could be wrong about this. I feel like Keenland Dan yells at me about Trump on Twitter. Oh you found agree on No, No, he's he's on the other side. I feel like he's always telling me that I uh or no, maybe that's Keeland Jim. I think it is Keenland Jim.
Speaker 5: Jim Dan, you know.
Speaker 4: That's Keenland Jim. I don't know who Keenland Dan.
Speaker 6: What his Twitter profile says. He's doctor Keenland Dan. So to the caller, let's put some respects.
Speaker 4: He's forty five thousand polars, he says. Dan Cronin horse racing analysis analyst sports pick maggots. Okay, so it is. I knew it was Keenland Dan.
Speaker 6: That's all right, we're on the same team to he's got MAGA.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 6: Well that's a fat bald guy racing.
Speaker 5: Oh I know who that is. That's Mick Cronin's brother.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mick Cronin, the basketball coach. This is his brother, Dann. He was on the Leach Report this morning. Was yeah, I got his number. If you want to, you know, sort some things out.
Speaker 4: I don't want.
Speaker 6: He's got a good attitude today, though, I'm telling you he does.
Speaker 4: Right. Me and he'll be like stupid Libert, that's exactly what he says. But he's for our horse. So for today, right, we make America. Simply joking again, Massage.
Speaker 6: We messed your hats before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need mass your hat so, uh, thank you to If that's correct that keenland Dan believes it, that's good a f I'm nine twenty two eighty seven. Uh, we're gonna take calls here in just a second. So Kentucky Saint John's now official in Atlanta, you're gonna go? That would probably make that our road trip. Probably.
Speaker 5: I'm all about it. I mean I was. I think we all were hope secretly hoping they would be at Kentucky Saint John's game this coming season because it's a thirty year anniversary of the ninety six championship team. But I think we thought would be in maybe in rupt But the fact that least they're gonna play him is awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's great. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 6: What about you, Drew, Yeah, I don't know that I'd go if we don't go as a road trip because I'm already doing the Gonzagga game and maybe one of the others but I'm so excited for it. Uh, that event needs some juice when we're not playing North Carolina, and you can't get much better than Pope Versus Patino. Pope Versus put out to that little video yesterday building it up. I think we're gonna hear a lot more about it.
Speaker 4: The only problem is it's that Saturday where they do the first round the playoffs. So I don't know how much the world will pay attention to it, but we'll pay attention to it, and we'll probably make that our road trip. We've never really toured the South like, we've never really done like Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Louisiana for Atlanta game.
Speaker 5: Alright, so I guess we're gonna go up through Iowa and Kansas to loop around to get down to Atlanta. That's you have a week. Yeah, we've driven.
Speaker 4: To Seattle on this trip. We can go through Louisiana. But the thought would be go to places we've never been, Like we've never been to Baton Rouge.
Speaker 6: I like getting around Atlanta traffic through Baton Rouge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's out a lot of time.
Speaker 6: A lot of people go that way, So I think we'll beat the rush.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't need all this pessimism from you all. Well go, you all agreed, we've never really done Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama.
Speaker 5: This is the way to get to do so Florida.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 5: Go see our lottery winner in jail maybe down there.
Speaker 4: I don't want to just show up and be like, come on, master, Uh this is this is Matt Are you excited about it?
Speaker 5: Does Patino have to juice for you?
Speaker 6: And you young kid? I wasn't sure.
Speaker 7: Like I remember you interviewed him on a few months back, you know, and here you asked him, Yeah, you asked him. He was like, do you think you're going to get that Kentucky Saint John's matchup? And now look at it, we're getting it early. So it's really cool to see the whole.
Speaker 5: All these hits about the denim uniforms that they break them out here at the Champions Classic against Saint John's.
Speaker 4: On the by the way, there is a chance that he might be on the show at eleven.
Speaker 5: O'clock, the lottery winner.
Speaker 6: He only gets one phone.
Speaker 4: Know, if it's I would rather it be the lottery winner. It was Rick Patino, but I would it would It would be better if it was a lottery. We're still trying to make it work because he doing horse stuff I think today.
Speaker 5: But yes, yeah, he's probably here in town. Why don't just come to your house and do the show with us?
Speaker 4: That would be that would be something if Patito walked in his house, Hey, Rick, what's up? What do you have to drink? Nothing? Straight bourbon? And that's it. I have twenty bottles of ceremonial bourbon, then.
Speaker 6: Some corporated Seltzers. I'm gonna have one as we head out.
Speaker 4: Yes, there you go. You could do uh, you could do that. Do you think the crowd will be big for that?
Speaker 5: Oh, it'll be huge. I think it's gonna be big anyway because Catlanta would kind of fill it up down there. But with the fact that Saint John's if Patito's gonna play pope, I think it'll be backed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, three consecutive weekends you have Gonzaga and Nashville, Indiana Rup.
Speaker 4: Then that's going back to that Tubby Saturdays. Tubby used to be every Saturday in December, a big matchup, and now you're gonna have, like you said, back to back matchups Gonzaga, Indiana Saint John's on back to back Saturday.
Speaker 5: So do you still think they'll try to work it out. We're Saint John's to come to up at some point home and home with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just tough though, because of the way the schedule works, like they just they have a hard time. I think because of the way the revenue and all that that might be after Mitch leaves, the thing that that happens. Who's up first shitting Doug? Doug, go ahead, Doug.
Speaker 8: All right, Matt, this is in reference to your collection of CDs and DVDs. Okay, Okay, My son, son in law, my daughter and I bought a house a few years ago and we were going to flip it. He brought it from a pharmacist and he had the weirdest collection anything I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Be careful with this collection is.
Speaker 8: Okay. He had cases stacked from the ceiling from the floor all the way to the ceiling of vhs types of golf tournaments, of.
Speaker 4: Golf tournaments that he had like recorded off off television.
Speaker 8: Yes, huh, so it's wondering what it is the weirdest collection, you guts.
Speaker 4: That's a great well, I'll tell you I answer that easy. I appreciate the call. In nineteen ninety nine, two thousand, no, no, No, two thousand and three four, I just moved back to Kentucky and I saw on eBay someone was selling every Monday night Raw ever on VHS tape and Shannon, you know, it's pre WW network. And that was when I loved.
Speaker 2: Raw and I bought it, had your own WW network.
Speaker 4: It was like one hundred and fifty dollars, which at the time was a lot of money, but it was a It was a VH and the guy had gotten married and his wife said, this is not going in the house. And it was a lot think about it. And I had it. And this is going to sound ridiculous. I lost it.
Speaker 2: What I lost it?
Speaker 4: I left an apartment and forgot it in the apartment.
Speaker 5: Where somebody somewhere is enjoying all those VHS.
Speaker 4: Someone in I think the apartment Raleigh, North Carolina. I left all of the of the raws for They were very excited. Yeah, it was it was bo boxes and boxes were they sorted? At least they each had a label of what day it was. And it was like nineteen ninety five through like two thousand and one.
Speaker 5: Every raw Wow, that's dedication.
Speaker 4: I mean it was kind of awesome. Yeah. Sometimes, like in Raleigh. When I lived in Raleigh, I didn't know anybody, so I was by myself a lot. It was a year I didn't know one person there, and my other co clerks were married, and I'd just come home Shannon, get some dinner and just put in a random r just sit and watching.
Speaker 2: Those good stuff.
Speaker 4: What a cool guy.
Speaker 5: You know, we're talking about these old BHS tapes. I've always wondered what happened to Josephine and her husband's collection every every UK game. I wondered, whatever that would.
Speaker 4: Be cool to have now honestly, yeah, I have every UK game ever on on VHS. That would be kind of had.
Speaker 6: Them all looking for that them or someone else that has it.
Speaker 4: That would be cool.
Speaker 6: Everything that you can on YouTube of the old games.
Speaker 4: We'll take a break and very back. We are here. This is wait a minute, hang on. Tommy Tubberville apparently says he had a conversation with President Trump last night about establishing NIL standards. They got a pass legislation. If Trump tries to do it, with an executive order. It will just get overturned by the courts and it's just gonna postpone everything for years. Tommy, let somebody with intelligence work on this, like not you. Let let Ted Cruz and Corey Booker they're smart. You just keep being a coach. We'll take a break, Barry Backs kids. There's the tradition, Shannon. Every year. Yeah, since you and I have been doing this since twenty eleven, you've played this on the Friday before the derby and I never knew this song. Ted Flowers never heard it till Shannon played it the first time. Now I was thinking about this, I'm considering doing my top one hundred favorite songs and playing during the summer and having a contest where you have to keep up with what they are. Yeah, this would probably be in the top fifteen. Now. Really, I didn't even know it was there. I just love it. I love it. The Rolling Stones. How talent are they? They come over and start playing country music, Shannon and immediately put out like a really good country music album and a good country music legendary song.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. Those guys can do it all.
Speaker 4: They can do it all. There's a video on TikTok of them performing this, and Mick is doing that dance where he puts his hands on his foot and shakes around. He looks ridiculous. But I do really like this song. And when you go to the Derby, when you walk through around all those backstreets like Rodman Street, which we're gonna do today, you'll always see like a guy with the guitar playing this everywhere.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Rodman Street is my favorite part of the Derby.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you're gonna learn it. If it's not raining, it's awesome. If it's raining today, it won't be as much fun. But people just walk up in their house do some yellow shots. All the streets around yeah, all the streets around Churchill there's just houses and that, and they just party that day. And because there's so many like drunk rich people, they're selling food, they're selling drinks. Drew one time, I lost Drew and Hubby and Tall and what I think at one point was probably a crack house.
Speaker 6: House.
Speaker 4: No, I mean they were like they had turned it into like a dance.
Speaker 6: I don't think anyone owned it.
Speaker 4: It was empty, it was empty, and like they cleared it out and everybody was just dancing in there.
Speaker 6: When we walked in, I wasn't sure we were walking out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I and we were trying to leave, and we couldn't find Tall and Hubby, the three biggest people in the group. And we looked and they were going nuts in this former had to be crack house where they had turned it into like a dam.
Speaker 6: That's where I got the Jellow shots. They're very melted. Definitely did not need to be taking those. But look, we're still here today.
Speaker 4: I mean there's a lot of unofficial sales going around, but they'll sell anything. Like there's that the food is so good, yeah, I mean like people are like frying fish. And it's like doing this on the street is just in the neighborhoods because that's people go back there and park their cars. So these people turn their yards into like parking and then they basically make it a party. And when the weather's good, which it is right now, I don't know if it's gonna be at the end of the day, but when the weather's good, it's like a.
Speaker 5: Street party for blocks and blocks and blocks.
Speaker 4: And we've learned over the years in some ways, Drew, wouldn't you agree, that's more fun.
Speaker 6: Than the dirt. I'm not kidding. Most of my Derby memories are not on the Churchill Grounds. They're on Rodman Street. Hubby reminded me right before the show a guy was selling two dollars fireball shots. One time. We're like, well, for two dollars, we have to partake, and he just handed us a bottle. There was no shots.
Speaker 4: He just said like it was out of his Was the shot a back pocket firefox?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: For two to me?
Speaker 6: Where else can you get a shot for two dollars on Derby Day?
Speaker 4: So it is I mean like that part of it that was a part of the culture of it. Ryan and I had never really experienced until we started going a few years ago. And that's a lot more fun than the stuff he kind of you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, part of the Derby experience that walked to and from the Derby and it smells great. They've got it smells.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 4: I just thought, it's on one side, so you have to it's on the side. We always say Rodmin Street, but there's a lot of streets, but it's on that side. Now by nighttime, I don't know if you want to be there, like you like when it gets dark, you need to probably be gone. But during that time it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Don't you agree, it's like a festival.
Speaker 4: He really is gonna say it's the best, But it's, like I said, it's only on like one part of it to some of the other parts are just roads. But that part is is really I.
Speaker 5: Think one time we walked by and there was a dunky booth in somebody's front yard, and somebody ran a.
Speaker 6: Dunky booth and put it in the front yard. People put out like an actual dance floor on their front yard.
Speaker 4: I heard they have. I've heard something that there's a place I've never been to it but where they have boxing matches. Okay, yeah, no, I mean like they have a boxing ring. I mean you can't just walk up and fight, but I have fight. They have people and you can like and I think they're people like taking bets on the show. I mean it's they It's like the city of Louisville just looks the other way for a day, yeah, or actually two days today and tomorrow. It's like, all right, just don't hurt anybody. That's incredible, and then just have it.
Speaker 5: They still cancel school here at Jefferson County town.
Speaker 4: Has canceled today. They cancel school today. The school like today. Tomorrow's a big deal. But today is the biggest party day in Louisville because the parties tonight, this city will be. I mean, you're gonna be here a while, You'll see this city will be. This is the most fun night. I would argue tonight is the most fun night Louisville, Kentucky. If you're in Louisville, Kentucky tonight, it's the most fun place you could be tonight in America. Would you agree with that, Drew? Oh, yeah, for one night. It's by Saturday night, people are worn out. It's tonight is the night.
Speaker 6: There's a few Derby night parties. Like you said, most people have already had the Derby Race. They're kind of winding down, don't need anymore. But tonight's the lead up. People just get in town today or yesterday, most of the big events for tonight.
Speaker 5: That's why all the celebrities and athletes come to Kentucky. Derby is the party tonight.
Speaker 4: It is tonight, and then the Derby tomorrow is awesome. But by the end, people are kind of worn out. Yeah, people are kind of tired, and it'll be, uh, it'll be what it is. So Shannon, we we were potentially gonna have Patino. Let me see if that has happened or not. If we do, he just wants to talk about the game. You know, I interviewed him, but we didn't interview him on the show, right, I interviewed him. Then we used clips of it, right, but it was we taped it on a Saturday, right, So I haven't gotten the call back. He has the number, So if you get a phone call during the break, Shannon, that's him.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. Yeah, he called in one time when you were gone with the part of my take.
Speaker 4: Guys. Okay, gotcha. Well he's not been on with me, but hopefully it would be good. Do you It was cool the way they announced it with Mark and Rick on that call together. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought it was very cool. I mean it shows that they truly do love each other and it's gonna be a big deal. I think to get a place Saint John's at RUP someday.
Speaker 4: Yeah. All right, well we when we come back, we're gonna talk a little bit more about that game. Some other derby s stuff and just fun from my house here in Louisville, Kentucky. It's Oaks Day. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.