Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. This is the first episode since I was suspended, very intentional, by the way, very intentional on that Dub's gotta win last night, so that was huge. Let's just get right into that, just for all our listeners out there. Obviously, as you know, our first episode is usually on Amazon AMP. This episode will not be on Amazon Amp. However, we're right back at Amazon AMP next week with the top of show beginning of the week. But let's get into last night's game. The NBA Playoffs are up on US. Twenty teams will get in, all with one goal. It's gonna be awesome to watch on television. But I think I can say first hand and tell all of you there's no comparison to being at these games live for last minute amazing deals on tickets, not just to the Doves, but your.
Speaker 2: Favorite NBA team.
Speaker 1: Check out game Time, the fastest growing ticket and app in the US, and it doesn't stop with the NBA. Game Time has tickets to MLB, NHL, even concerts and comedy shows too. Download the game Time app and redeem code Green for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again. Download the game Time app and enter Cold Green. That's g r ee N for twenty dollars off no matter where you live, get out and have some fun this week. Download game Time Today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: The Doves took down one fourteen to ninety seven the Sacramento Kings to make the series two to one. Took care home court. I know everyone wants to hear my thoughts on the suspension. I never knew you could be suspended for a flagrant two that happened seven years ago. And I also didn't know you get suspended for interacting with a crowd that's flipping you double birds and yelling your name and chance that you sucking like you interact with them. I didn't know that either. I'm saying that my guys played well. My guys played really well, stepped up to the challenge, and it was absolutely incredible to see. I hope everyone enjoyed the game the way I mean, I can't say I really enjoyed the game. Quite frankly, there's nothing worse, by the way being suspended from a game like at this point in my career, like it will never like affect me from an emotional emotional standpoint outside of my fellas was in a dogfight or it's in a dogfight, and just not being able to participate in that dogfight. That's crushing like that, like because you just feel like, you know, you're leaving them out there by themselves, leaving them astray to just figure it out. So to not participate in that dog fight, that's what bothers me the most. To get suspended from Game five of the NBA Finals. There's never another NBA game that you can suspend me from that'll be like, oh my god, I'm suspended. But just not being able to participate in a dogfight with my brothers, that part is the worst. And so I'm very thankful at an effort that guys put out there yesterday to save our season.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't want to ever go down three to Oho.
Speaker 1: Know the odds are well against you, stacked against you, crazy if you go down three to Oho. And Gods took care of that. How did that happen? Steph Curry? We saw NBA Final Steph Curry, which was absolutely incredible, controlled the entire game. It was just like a calmness so like, I'm not letting us lose. I'm in this moment. It is what it is, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Speaker 2: Master.
Speaker 1: For like what we watched Steph Curry do last night was just a master at work. It was Rick Celebrini, who you all heard me talk about. Rick always say Draymond. I had a friend and he used to always say basketball is jazz. Like basketball is jazz, and if you think about jazz music, it's just peace and like it's smooth and like you feel the rhythm to it.
Speaker 2: Basketball is jazz.
Speaker 1: And so when I was working back from my hip injury, Rick would always say, Draymond is jazz. Like I had to relearn how to run again, I had to relearn how to jump again, had to do all of those things.
Speaker 2: But he would always say, hey, man, slow down, it's jazz.
Speaker 1: Like move like you gotta move with some rhythm and you know, not so erky jerky as you're trying to get back and you just want to get there, like it's jazz. Steph Curry's game last night was just jazz. It was beautiful. It was absolutely beautiful. Was in control of everything. There's not many guys definitely in the league right now that can control a game like that. You're talking Steph Curry, Lebron, James.
Speaker 2: Luca.
Speaker 1: That really like controls the entire pace of a game, everything that happens. It's so incredibly hard to do that. To watch Steph Curry do that last night. You held me down again, brother, help me down again.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't thank him enough. Absolutely amazing. Once again, if you did, hear it for a master at work. Not oftentimes in life do you get to see a master at work. So appreciate that, because I sure did when I got to that arena last night. I got to the arena after the game and I just sat there next to him. I say, yo, wow, wow, Like that was just masterful stuff.
Speaker 2: And we talked about it.
Speaker 1: We talked about what he saw, some of the things that we spoke about leading into the game, and then to speak about those things after the game and see, like, yo, they like those things worked. Was special. The aura was special. Now how do you build on that? We'll get to that. Cavon Looney nine offensive rebounds, twenty boards.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because we were talking.
Speaker 1: About rebounding the basketball and I like threw out these numbers to guys like, yo, you you get this amount of rebounds, and you're gonna get this amount of rebounds, like this is what we need from you. And I'm talking very important guys like Steph Clay Wiggs JP. These are the these are the amount of rebounds we need from you. And I told Lune twenty? Did Lune get twenty rebounds because I told him to? Of course not, Loun is more than capable of getting twenty rebounds, But the.
Speaker 2: Fact that I told him twenty and he actually could go do that.
Speaker 1: Twenty rebounds in a playoff game against a team that we struggled to rebounding is twenty rebounds.
Speaker 2: It's masterful. Incredible.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Kevon Looney. I'm always I'm always mesmerized by Loan's attention to d tell by his professionalism, because those are the things that allow Cavan Looney to get to where he is today. You're talking to guy who went through three hip surgeries really before he stepped on an NBA court, a guy who you go back and watch Kavan Loney's highlights from college and from high school, like totally different player.
Speaker 2: To figure it out like that, to still.
Speaker 1: Add value and having to recreate yourself. You don't see basketball players do that. When you see musicians try to recreate themselves.
Speaker 2: They go to hell. When you see.
Speaker 1: Boxers try to recreate themselves, they go to Like you go down the list people trying to recreate themselves, it's a losing battle. Cavan Looney did that plus more, twenty rebounds, none offensive, nine assists, huge making plays, offensive rebound, kickout three. Absolutely incredible. Dominated the game with four points. For all of you out there that say you have to score the basketball to dominate the game, you lie, Yes, of course you need a Steph Curry who goes for thirty six right like, of course, but you lied, or maybe you didn't lie, you just didn't quite understand. Absolutely incredible performance by loom Andrew Wiggins was the pace was incredible Wigs more so than anybody. He met force with force when he caught the ball on the post, he went towards the run, he met force with force. He got to the shots that he wanted to get to, and he continues to elevate his level of play.
Speaker 2: Having Wigs back.
Speaker 1: I told y'all after Game one, although we lost, he's trending upward. Which means our team will trend upward. You saw playoff wigs last night. You know you saw playoff wigs. The wigs that you saw in the playoffs last year. You saw that last night. And quite frankly, that's what I can appreciate about this team more than anything is when your back is against the wall, how do guys show up? And guys showed up and it was huge, and the list goes on. Moses Moody off the bench, thirteen points, sixteen minutes. The points were great. Quite frankly, I think his defense was incredible. I think how he was muddying things up and getting in the fray for rebounds. Only had three rebounds, but you will miss it if you're not paying attention, boxing out, cracking back on the guy so someone else get the rebound, not making game plany mistakes. Moses Moody continues to trend upwards, continues when his name is called, continues to be ready. Jonathan Kaminga grew last night. Had a tough first stint. When he got in the game, stuck with it changed the entire game. Fly into the basket for dunks, rebounds, put backs, defensively changed the game. After a first stint. He grew last night. That's important. Jamichael Green gave incredible minutes last night, guy who hasn't played much.
Speaker 2: No one's ever happy when they don't play.
Speaker 1: I know everybody's going to say, oh man, Jamichael was upset on the bench.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 1: You in the playoffs, things get very heated, emotions run high. You much rather have and know someone to know that somebody's in it than not know they're in it at all.
Speaker 2: So I know everybody's gonna say, oh man.
Speaker 1: Him and the coaches they were talking and it was a little of course, it was heated down two oh or oh two back against the wall. Of course, everybody's on edge. That's what you gotta appreciate. How do guys respond win on edge? I thought the wager. Michael played his coverage, picking and rolls, rebounding the basketball.
Speaker 2: The toughness that he brought to the floor for us was huge. It was huge. You'll miss those things.
Speaker 1: Jordan Poole played it, had a great floor game, great floor game.
Speaker 2: Patient didn't even hit shots.
Speaker 1: One huge play and not knowing people will miss this, Clay Thompson had a shot, he had a step back and no one will complain about Clay taking that shot at submit range over defender, but of course Clay makes that whose cares had the shot kicked at the Moses Moody in the corner. Moses Moody goes in and get an ad one that unlocks things.
Speaker 2: Huge play.
Speaker 1: At no point did Klay Thompson force anything, and then he hit some big shots down the stretch. You know why because he didn't force anything. Locked in on the defensive end. Absolutely incredible to watch. Anthony Lamb number hasn't been called in two and a half weeks.
Speaker 2: Stayed ready.
Speaker 1: Dante Defencenzo was huge, But we've been talking about Dante all year, but this is the playoffs.
Speaker 2: He was huge.
Speaker 1: Answered the bell defensively, offensively answered the bell. Thought it was an incredible performance by the guys. I thought our coaching staff did an incredible job with the game plan locked in, starting to come together for us, and that was great to see and saying that we did what we were supposed to do, took care of home court. Now you gotta go win again. Tied this thing up too. Two, headed back to Sack. I'm excited as hell to be back in the lineup. Whatever that means. That means as I'm watching that game last night, all I can think of I was on text with Chris Wings. So if you saw Chris Wings behind the best texting a lot, he's texting me And that was my point of contact if I needed to get anything to the coaches, and like, I sent them a few things here and there, like a little small things. And when I got there last night, Gemma said, man, I was asking Wims, like, what is Draymond God?
Speaker 2: What does he got for us? He said.
Speaker 1: Williams kept saying, like, man, he not saying much. I said, Gemma, sometimes it's just not anything to say, Like you have to feel when there's nothing to say. And the way that guys was playing, there was nothing to say because even when shots weren't falling, we were in control of the game. So there's not much to say. It's locked in air tight on the game plan. There just wasn't much to say. Absolutely incredible, Like I said, shout out to the coaching staff, Steve, Jemma, Deckie Q, do Doll. The list goes on on, Chris DeMarco, Jacob Rubin, Chris Wims. Absolutely incredible. It's incredible to see those guys locked in. We know what our coaching staff is capable of the situations and the game plans that they're capable of put us. And that was one of them nights like we've seen in the past last night, and it was beautiful to see. I also know everyone wants my opinion on Joel Andbi. I also know everyone wants my opinion on James Harden. If I can give you my honest opinion, I don't care. I will never be. One thing you're never gonna do is say you're not gonna see me say, man, this guy did that and he didn't get this.
Speaker 2: That ain't me. I don't roll like that.
Speaker 1: Number One, I'm never in favor of seeing a player get suspended. I'm never in favor of seeing a player get kicked out of the game. So buck stops there. What you won't get from me is the victim, not a victim. I told you all last year. I'm treated differently. It's a badge of honor, not the same as all these dudes. I'm different, but different equals championships. So you take the good with the bad, Gotta live with it. But what I won't do is get on here like man Joel should have been suspended. That's why James should have been kicked. That's why just play off basketball. Nick Claxton should have been kicked. That's Whack's playoff basketball. That's Nick Claxton going up against Joe LMB, MVP of the NBA. You dunk on him, You should flex in his face because he gonna give you forty in flexing yours. So when I get my moment, you should flex in his face. And I bet you there was not one fan who paid to watch that game that said, man, why is he flexing in his face? No, because you appreciate that. I'm a fan of the game of basketball. I'm an NBA fan, so as a fan, I was very disappointed to see Nick Claxon get thrown out like them boys battling.
Speaker 2: That's the same dude that just got kicked. He dunked on that guy that.
Speaker 1: Kicked him, and he get thrown out for standing up till that come on.
Speaker 2: That's whack.
Speaker 1: So I'm never gonna be someone that's in favor of anybody getting suspended, anybody getting kicked out of the game. So if you're looking for that, you won't get that here. That's just not how I wrote stuff.
Speaker 2: Get heated. You live in that moment. It's the playoffs. You playing for something.
Speaker 1: But quite frankly, most people don't understand winning, so you will never understand the emotions of it. If you're playing for something, it's the playoffs. So to see those guys get kicked out of that game, I'm not here for. That's not what I pay cable to see. A huge part of the reason I have cable. Obviously have kids, but I like to watch a bunch of basketball, and that's not really what I paid to see. I paid to see Nick Claxton get his get back after having zero points and then have a big, a big first half dunk on Joe l and b and stand up to him and beats the big bad bully. Not because Joel and Beat is the big bad bully, literally because he's that good. So in that situation, he's the big bad bully. Nick Claxton has to stand up to him.
Speaker 2: He has to.
Speaker 1: He already don't have a chance, he doesn't stand a chance. Joel Embiid is that good. That's no knocking Nick Claxton. Joel is that good, So you have to stand up to him. He don't stand in chance anyway. So when he had those moments to throw him out the game for like, that's that's not that's not playoffs, that's not what we're paying to see. It's not what these fans are paying now, those fans are paying to see.
Speaker 2: That thing.
Speaker 1: That's what brings this game alive, not him going to the shower early that come on, stop it, really and you know he got one tech. Come on, we can't do that. We can't do that. So that's my thoughts on that before we get out of here. I think one other series that I've really been paying attention to is The Clippers in Phoenix. I've been paying attention to all the series, I'm lying, but one I want to speak on is the Clippers in Phoenix. And what do I want to say about that? Been a great series. Love the way Russell's competing. For everybody who's shitting on Russ take that, that's Russ being Russ.
Speaker 2: And it's beautiful to see.
Speaker 1: Book look like a man on a mission, locked in KD doing what KD do. What this series looked like is ultimately boiling down to is this.
Speaker 2: The Lakers screwed the Clippers?
Speaker 1: How what are you talking about Dremond Because the Lakers he's getting in Lebron James is in Lebron James is always going to be Marky Gang, Steph Curry is always going to be a marquee game. So in turn, the Clippers, you end up playing every other day, and you got Kawhi Leonard playing forty minutes. I saw Steven where Tyler is where Kawhi played forty two minutes, and TYLERU said, this is this is what we've been this is what we've been preparing for for.
Speaker 2: Him to be.
Speaker 1: I to play forty two minutes right now and then he's out for Game three sucks because he's dominating, he's having an incredible series and then have to miss Game three sucks. But if there's two days in between, so you say a game call it yesterday's Thursday, and then game Sunday, it's totally different. But what you have to understand is all of that stuff is based on a TV schedule. TV slots matter, So Lebron gets the TV slot, Steph Curry gets the TV slot. The Clippers were on NBA TV last night, but they've been playing every other day. They play Yesterday, they play tomorrow. It's been tough. Changes, everything changes the series. So that's actually a game within a game. That's understanding the business, that's understanding the TV stuff, that's understanding a lot of stuff that I know people don't really pay a part of, but that's actually affecting that series.
Speaker 2: We get a Game.
Speaker 1: Three without Kawhi, leond and Norman Powell has forty two points, Russ has thirty eleven and eight or some thirty three eleven and eight something like.
Speaker 2: That, but no Kawhi. You want to see the stars in the playoff.
Speaker 1: So that's an unfortunate one that quite frankly, it's pretty tough to correct. You think about it from a perspective. You got the Lakers and the Clippers who share the same building. The La Kings is also in the playoffs. They also share that building. There's so many things that goes into this that that is actually affecting that series. So I'm interested to see how it plays out. I think we got Kawhi coming back for Game four. However, you lost home court advantage back, so now you got to go back to Phoenix.
Speaker 2: And win another game even if you win Game four.
Speaker 1: Tough situation, hope, I helped everybody understand the business a little bit more today.
Speaker 2: I hope you enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to getting back Sunday, be great and Chase Center twelve thirty start early game. Looking forward to getting back in that dog fight with my guys. That's a rap in this episode of The Dre Mind Green Show. Til next time, Peace,