Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, We're brown, we're brown, we're broad ambition ambitions.
Speaker 2: I can never. I can never join in because you be changing the I do the lyrics.
Speaker 1: I never.
Speaker 2: How are you today? I'm doing good? How are you good? You see my African sweatshirt? You know, I was the first thing I saw. First I saw African, and then I saw the lashes, and I'll, yeah, I'll come to play today. I did not come to play with the girls.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have see If you watched this on YouTube, you would see my lashed out face, you know.
Speaker 2: But you know, some of y'all just not up on it yet. Go to YouTube. They're very subtle though. I can tell. They make your eyes pop, but they're not giving like ru Paul drag queen. Yeah, what's something wrong with that? But it's just that's just this day, complete time in the place.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is giving mink.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm cute and African for my Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. My skin is glowing, my lips is popping, my lash is a property. I'm feeling myself today.
Speaker 2: You got like a side. Whenever you have the side, pony, I feel like tips here to like have a good time, not side pony tip. Yeah, it's like a little you know, a little like to the to the right purpose. It is intentional. I know, I know. I'm appreciating it. Oh man, oh man, oh man. There's so much going on. Last week was intense. Rio was sick all dayn week and your girl, I'm trying. I'm not gonna I'm not going to and I'm not going to put it into the universe. What you're hearing because I know what you're hearing is similar to what we started to hear at the end of last year when I was like on death's bed every day. But I'm just gonna pretend like this is not going to turn into a thing. I've got some some teas and we're just gonna we're just gonna think ourselves out of this virus. What we're going to be doing. God, it's like it's so hard though, because and this is the argument that me and my husband have all the time. Like he works full time. He works with the federal government, and he has he has an important job like helping put bad people away, and he has to go to court a lot, and like he has to be in the office every day. He's got a very much nine to five or a day like today he's working nine to ten, like he'll be in Brooklyn all night doing trial prep. So I'm batty entrepreneur and I will I'm not trying to brag, but despite leaving corporate and starting a brand new business, I still I'm still the breadwinner. You know, I still earn more. So I'm not I'm a huge I would make a very good contribution to our household finances, and yet I am the on call parent whenever rio sick. And my job is so flexible, you know, or it's seen that way, but it's so hard. Like last week, it really killed me because it's just really challenging for anyone like it brought me. It just brings me back to the dark days of the pandemic when I was like juggling, and I mean the brain capacity that you have when you when you have your kid at home, and yeah, you have your computer and you have your apps and stuff, but it's just so exhausting, the mental toll on top of already like being pregnant on top of that, Like it was so hard and really depressing almost because I just felt like I wasn't able to give my all all week, and so I came and I sat down at my desk this morning. I almost got a little emotional. I'm just like, I'm so happy, like if Rio's back in daycare, I could just focus with one hundred percent of my brain, you know, And I sometimes I guess it's just a little bit of mourning, like I'm in I'm mourn a little bit the time when I not that I took it for granted because I used it when I had it, but the time when I could just one hundred percent be focused on whatever I needed to be focused on, you know, and not have to pull myself in a million different directions day after day.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy because now but like I do, because you know, I don't really have to look after anywhere. I mean, Supergirl states with me one weekend of the month. But honestly, she's sixteen, and a black sixteen is like everybody else twenty five. You know, she grown, She's a grown woman. I cash out her her money and she's like, I'm going to get my own dinner. I'm like, okay, so let's go off. So I don't have to really look after anyone, And so I used to think, like, oh, if I had all the time and energy to look after just I would just be a beast girl.
Speaker 2: The only beast I do is walking.
Speaker 3: Like surprisingly, it's not you know, I'm just I'm not using this like time necessarily to like you know, like re up on the work, you know, because certainly you know I can do whatever whenever. I could travel with I mean, you know, I don't have to. I don't have to navigate around anyone else's schedule. But yeah, it's funny, how you know you think, like if I had all the time, this is what I would do. It's like when I moved out of my parents' house for the first time when I was twenty two. I was you know, when I move ound, I'm clubbing every night. I'm going now I'm gonna be grown girl. I was home Monday through Sunday and my buzzy slippers and like, you know, the oldest twenty two year old, you know. So sometimes you think, like, oh, if I had all the space and whatever, you probably would just use it just to like wusai anyway. So I mean I just say all that to say, I don't know, like today, I'm talking to my sister Carol. You know, she's got the two little ones of a room in seven and Amelia is Mimi's five, And like, I don't know how she gets anything done, you know, because like there's times when you know, she works for me, she's my efficiency's manager, and there's times when I don't know who could be a better efficiencies manager than a mom of two little kids, you know, because there are times when I'm like, you know, like we'll have a meeting and I look at the time and I'm like, I know it's pick up. So somehow she's outing them to the car, listening on in contributing, getting back, and you know, when they get back, Mammy, I want this, And I just I don't know how y'all do it, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we can do it, We like do it well, but it's the it's the mental tax afterward. And you're right, like, and to your point, one of the things that I've been trying to work on is not mentally punishing myself when after all day, you know, and then it's not just like he's at home reading a book on his own, he's three years old. He wants me in a certain he wants me on the chaise lounge portion of our couch, not on they other seat. And if I try to sit on the edge so that I can like watch what's happening in the air fryer or see if Molly, He's like, no, Mama, sit back, and he like shoves me to the back of the couch. He wants to be in the nook with you know, his favorite YouTube show on and that's where he's happiest. And you know, so it's not like I can get up and be doing things so that, you know, but I'm I'm trying to get better about because it's so mentally draining that I'm not you know, at the end, when he's in bed, I go to bed. I'm not working in the I'm not trying to work, you know, to make up for the hours that I lost because I would just die. And that's okay, And like I so I let that go for the week. I'm just like, less's gonna get done. Meanings are gonna get canceled and moved and everything. But yeah, there, it's it's I'm just like it's it's hard, and it does feel good to be especially now that it's like the six season, like every day is not promised. We have to you know, hang in there. But yeah, thanks for the encouragement and for anyone going through the same thing, like get your rest, you know. I just I think about Homeboy number two is kicking the crap out of me, and I'm just like, I feel you in there. I haven't forgotten about you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a nap, okay, Mama, go and take a nap. But I know, yeah, yeah, I'm like, I literally I just look at I'm just I am always in awe of moms because.
Speaker 2: I'm just like houses and I just have the one.
Speaker 3: I just especially when moms of like, you know, multiples, Like I look at my mom five.
Speaker 2: Girl, sister, I know, are you crazy for YouTube and iPads? Girl? She will have to stay at home.
Speaker 3: Mom Sylvia was a nurse, a full time nurse, and I didn't know until later the bread winner to your point and cooked every night, you know, and like I just I don't know, you know, Like I said my mom, whever.
Speaker 2: I asked her how does she do it, She's always like I wouldn't recommend it. I'm like, yeah, I know, it's like trauma. You just have to like you just go through. You have no choice, you know.
Speaker 3: But honestly, you know, if you have your one wild one, you never know because I was a wild one that calls all the trouble.
Speaker 2: Seemingly, that's what they say. I don't believe it, but look I look after them so well. Now.
Speaker 3: I told my mother the days of struggle and sacrifice are over that if you need something or one, you know, I send them money every month. I take care of whatever the house needs. The house is paid off. I paid it off. But if there's anything that you need, you know, like, don't hesitate to ask you. You are not to struggle anymore.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You poured into us and we are now here, thankfully to be able to pour back into you. And the other day, Lisa the Baby sent me a picture of my mom. My mom was getting like I don't know lately she's been doing photo shoots because why not, and she was in full Africa.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: Don't I love it.
Speaker 3: We did like a family one which they're really cute, like with jeans and a white shirt and all this other stuff she had us do, like when like Thanksgiving came because my sister Karen was here from Chicago and so, but I guess my mother was like, girl, I need my own. So Lisa sent us pictures like because Lisa did her makeup. And first of all, my mother I was like, I've never seen this African outfit. Clearly it's new. She's like, don't worry mine, this is this is where the money is going. She looked amazing. I said, this is what well rested, soft life Sylvia looks like, you know, and I love it for her. When I tell you she looked so good. I just such a good idea.
Speaker 2: I want to do that. Yeah, Mom, she'd be so comfortable. That's such a good idea. What a great gift. Even I know she did do it for herself, which is even more badass. But yeah, that's so amazing. You're gonna look I mean, y'all are chairs shows pictures too forever? Well, should we get into some some buzz? There's a lot buzzn't I do wanna? Yeah? So should we should we start with some like lighted lighter stuff or should we say a word about first? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, well we can't, but I honestly, yeah, that's how I want to keep it light with it. I just I said, I don't owe this country my trauma. I do not owe it in my sadness. And so I told, like my friends there, I had a few friends who watched the video, and I was like, honestly, I'm not gonna watch no. And if I did not watch George Floor, I refew. Here's the thing that I thought was so crazy. Amanda Seals mentioned this, Why the way they share this video as if it was a movie coming out.
Speaker 2: Right, it was like a pay per view girling match.
Speaker 3: Yes, literally the way they yes black people down South, it became understepacal. That's where the word pick nick came from, that you would bring your food to watch a black person be murdered. And so the fact that the media all haild hands to say we're going to hold the video and drop it like it's the hottest new release is sickening and disgusting.
Speaker 2: I don't want a description.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know like this poor, poor young man whose life was just stolen from him in the most violent way. I don't want to see it. I don't want to hear you know how it happened. And I just am so sick of the United States of how they display murdered black bodies for sport, you know, And so yeah.
Speaker 2: I want the right people to see it, the people who can hold people accountable. But I don't necessarily understand why it has to be released publicly. I mean, I'm wondering with the does the family get to decide? I don't know how all that happens. But yeah, I didn't watch it either. I spent some time on his and it was hard. I mean I spent some time on his his website. He has a photography website, and I just felt like I knew, you know, like he I just felt like I knew him or we would have been friends. You know, he's such a not that that even matters. He's a human being at the end of the day. But you know his about me section on his website. I was reading that, looking at his photography and pictures of the sunset, like you know, in his skateboarding videos. So I mean, it's so it's it's obviously tragic, but I think if we learn about him and through his parents' voices, I was just trying to find that and protect yourselves. Like man, I was trying to watch the news this morning, and I was like, I'll turn on CBS. They're you know, they're not They're not usually so bad, but they showed clips that I really did not want to see, and I felt like I had been assaulted. Yeah, you know, looking for the remote like turn it off. And so I'm going to take a little I'm going to take a little break between. Yeah, but I just want to. Of course, we acknowledge and mourn Tyree Nichols and his senseless, tragic murder. We have to do better. We have to. It's unacceptable. It's what is happening. I know exactly, it's exactly all right. I want to talk a little bit about workplace for romance. Have you ever had a workplace romance? Tiff girl, Well, I know you kind of met your vella at work. I was the love of my life.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think, Jarrell, no, because I that was like my first real job, my first and only real job.
Speaker 2: I was a teacher, and then that was it.
Speaker 3: Maybe some little internships, but I don't remember having I mean probably some little non consequential cross or something like that. But yeah, I met Jerell at work. So yeah, I had me a little workplace with romance.
Speaker 2: I had it in my head for really like I when I started my career in my twenties, like never dated coworker, but it was when all the dating apps were coming on the scene, and like you would match with people at your office, Like I'd be kind of scrolling on my launch brit I'd be like Steven, like I know that guy for real and no, no, okay, keep it know, But I didn't want to talk with Amy Roebock and TJ Holmes have officially left ABC, like they have been pushed out because of their workplace romance, and I just wanted to get your thoughts on it, because honestly, I really feel like that was a little extra of ABC to like I don't understand what the I mean. I know that they were apparently not faithful to their partners, but at the end of the day, like their equals on the set, so like why couldn't they have a relationship. But I don't know. I don't think it was that it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know about Amy, but like all this other stuff came out about TJ with him being with interns, there was an intern that he had she was twenty four and wo and like a bunch of other people who were not his equals. I think the intern one might have been the one that pushed you because that you know, this young woman who's significantly younger, and you are a you know, this well known host, and you know she's an intern. So I think that I'm not sure why Amy was pushed out because from what I understand, her only workplace romance was TJ. But TJ had a number of them, and some of them certainly there was a power and balance that made it not okay.
Speaker 2: They didn't want like a Today Show Matt Lower kind of situation, oh okay, but like yeah, it just struck me as like a little too much in people's personal lives, and it must have been so horribly embarrassing for them and for their partners. My god, and TJ's wife was like a boss, you know, a high powered attorney. So I don't know for all parties involved, that is messy and sloppy, But yeah, I think my twenty year old's advice still stands like office work warmances just don't that. Plus, watching a few seasons of Below Deck last week, I know that you don't watch it, but people listening watch it. Okay, talk about workplace romance drama. I loves it. Okay, so good, all right, how do you feel?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: OSCAR nominations came out I think last week. One of the two movies I think I saw in all of twenty two need to was Woman King, and there was a lot of news about or maybe there should have been more. No nominations for Viola Davis for the director. God, what was her name. I should have looked it up. She's a woman. But none for the supporting cast, like nothing. It was just shocking to me because that was like watch it did so well? Yeah, I didn't want I mean, I watched, you know, forever. I started to watch Woman King, but I don't know, these days, I can't stomach the violence that I used to be able to stomach before, and so I just so I started to watch, and then when I realized it was about to get violence, I said, uh, maybe later I walk because I definitely want to watch it, but I just I just can't stomach violence like I used to. You're watching to get home, Yeah, and it's really hard to sit through things all the way at home. Yeah, because like if your stomach starts to turn, you can turn to a millionaire.
Speaker 3: Channels, yes, and so I like, yeah, I started to watch when like the young girl was getting trained to be, you know, one of the warriors, and then I just did yeah, Like I said, like, and you know, I think my inability or just I would say inability, just lack of desire to to.
Speaker 2: Watch violence on purpose.
Speaker 3: It is, you know, in the wake of like the George Floyd and all these other videos coming out of just like mis abused Black Bodies, and I just yeah, I just was like, uh, maybe maybe another time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I mean, although I've heard amazing things about it, Yeah, for me, I felt like I went by myself actually, and for me, it just felt like there was enough heart and with Biola, like you're never getting a one dimensional character, and the fact that they got this movie made and it was like such a strong black female cast Lashawna Lynch. Oh, she was so good. So it was just you know, I feel like it was a slap in the face. I mean, there were I think it's going to be a big year because some Asian Americans. For the Jesus Michelle Yoh, I think it's the first potentially Asian American winner of the Best Oscar for Best actress, which is sad and crazy for the everything, which I still haven't watched. I haven't listen. You guys don't come to us for our movie reviews because I watched movies pizza. But I'm here for representation at the award show. Okay, But anyway, moving on the Oh so Joe Biden. We all have talked about crypto before. See all crypto bros better get ready because the Biden administration is rolling out, supposedly some new regulations for crypto. So just another way that crypto is not actually like the anti bank can't be regulated, you know, currency, it's looking very regulated regular I still don't have any. Do you still have your little bitcoin coins? I do.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna leave with that. I can't even I mean, what is that thing? What's that main one called that? Everybody it was using?
Speaker 2: It's there.
Speaker 3: It's maybe like less than fifty I mean, I don't know what it is now, but I think initially I put like two thousand dollars in there, and basically so I don't know what it's grown to or what it's you know, just disappeared to. But you know, at the time, I knew that it was risky. That's less than you know, like they say you shouldn't have more than five percent of your you know, assets and crypto that's not even five. That's like a point zero zersers, you know. So I said, you know, let me, let me see what the girls just talking about. But I never felt comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean that's kind of how I feel about my tuzzle of stock. I just turned not to look, which is not I go back to like when Terry E. Gioma was on from what's her class called or what's her trade in travel? Right, and like she's like, there's no point investing if you don't have a strategy, And I'm just like, yeah, you're describing me.
Speaker 3: To me too about when I like that at Q And then I'm like, oh, yeah, maybe I should have fought that.
Speaker 2: Through, you know, that whole that whole thing that I so the simple investing like education is like, well, if you're gonna buy some Nike shoes, you should invest in Nike. Or if you're gonna buy, you know, a computer from Apple, go buy some Apple stock. And I was like, well, I'm gonna buy a Peloton, so maybe I should buy some Pelotons stock is like girl, Literally, they should have just given us a whoope cushion in the mail instead of like the stock in the company. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. But that's that's the majority of the buzzworthy for this week. Did I miss anything? I mean no, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I mean, if there's something you guys want us to talk about, please let us know. Yeah, tweet us, yes, tweeting, send us an Instagram message.
Speaker 2: I should have finished that sentence. How can they tweet us? At the BA podcast on Twitter or d m us. I got the sweetest message from our best friend Kevin every time we call him out, and he was like I went to a conference and I was on the I think he was speaking or something, and he's like, in my bio. My fun fact was that I was a guest on around him. I love so C I love it all right, va fan, Well let's take a quick breaky break, and we'll be right back with boost or break.
Speaker 1: And now it's time to boost up, break up, boost up, break up, boost up, break up?
Speaker 2: Boost? Are you going to boost? Are you going to break? But what you gonna do? What so you anna take?
Speaker 3: But I thought that's a version of what I usually do manage what you want to go for a second, how do you want to do a girl?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna do too, because I'm gonna speak when And I just got a slack ping a little bit ago from my Mandy money Maker's slack community, which, oh, slack is the best for, like if you're doing an online community, I just think it's so much easier than Facebook. But yeah, one of my Mandy money makers, her name is Shandria. She just used my negotiation scripts to get thirteen k more. I got a job offer. And not only that, but she was like, you know, I use the scripts and I just felt really she she kind of updated me first, She's like, I used the scripts. I was really nervous, but at least I felt confident going in, which is the whole point of like having the script so that like if you can take out the guesswork of what do I say? It just makes it easier to say the thing, you know, or to write it out. So I'm so excited for her. Where gonna girls get a script that they want to if they want to get the script on? Oh? Right, right, So if you go to Mandy money dot com and go to my store you can get your scripts. I might have a damn it tip. I think I do have a U r L for it. I think it was like Mandy script something. It must be Mandy moneyscripts dot com. Well all right, so we'll put the link in the show notes. Thanks, let me just see it. I still got that. Oh I do look cute. Yes, Mandy money scripts don't good. I was like, girl, get that link. I forgot what it was. I know, but now I have so many. I'm like, which, what? What? Where do I go? I know? Anyway, So shout out to her and to anyone else you know who has got the scripts. Thank you, thank you. But my my first boost was going to be I like to shout out like tools and technology that make my life easier. And one of my favorite tools I don't know if you if you use it for the Budgetista, but called Zapier. Are you a fan? I love Zapier. It just it's like the it's it connects the dots between apps that you're already using so that you can automate things. So I'll give you an example. One of my biggest pain points, like after so I, oh, I host the nail your negotiation masterclass like once every five or six weeks or so. And when people sign up, I want their email, and so I get a zapp that immediately transfers their email from the webinar web page to my business's email system so that I automatically can start emailing them and I have them in like their own little segment. And then also even when people enroll in Mandy money Makers, I created a zapp. I'm so proud of it. Okay, I didn't create it. I told my assistant allowed it to create it. Their shout outs allowed it because she us a ZAP fan too. I was like, is there a way to add people to the slack with then make sure that they're in all the channels I want them to be in so that no one misses anything. And of course there was a way. So if you haven't checked out ZAP zapier z A P I E R. I'm not getting paid to endorse. I'm just a fan. And if you can handle a little bit of like, maybe it's something to pass off to your VA if you have one. If you're not so good at like, it takes some brain power to like figure out how to connect the dots and like troubleshoot and stuff. But it's so worth it. It's so worth it. Loves it.
Speaker 3: Love that Chickley Papa Mine is just a really quick boosy one of our fas that me and Mandy both love. Jason vitug what don't even mean to rhyme? So he has a new book coming out called Happy Money, Happy Life, a multi dimensional approach to health, wealth and financial freedom. I'm super excited. First of all, the cover is awesome. It's like orange and white and yellow. If you know Jason, he is like living sunshine what I also yet he honestly just this this guy just we're gonna have Mode as a guest.
Speaker 2: We don't know when, but he's coming on. Yeah. So this is like his launch week, like you know.
Speaker 3: So if you're listening to this, the book will have come out yesterday. But here's what I like about Jason. When I first met Jason, Jason was kind of like the first person in the financial space that ever met that was like making like really good money, like speaking things. I remember he was the first person I ever heard of. Not to put your business out there, Jason, but it's happening where he got paid thirty thousand dollars for a speaking engagement.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, I didn't even know that was possible.
Speaker 3: Jason is is Filipino, you know, so I didn't even know that was possible. But Jason like always shared all this information super kind. He's a fellow Jersey in like me from Elizabeth, New Jersey, which is right next to Newark. But in the last few years I have seen Jason transition from like financial educator expert to like Jason got like his yoga, Like I don't even know what the license, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Yogi, yeah something.
Speaker 3: And so what I love most about Jason, and honestly he's someone who I look up to and look to, is that he has learned to use money to create this amazing holistic life. Like if you follow Jason on social media, yes he'll post some financial things, but in the context of I'm taking a walk today because of what I've been able to do. I'm looking after my parents because of what I've been able to do, you know, like, and so his book is very much in that vein, and I love that for him, and I love that for us because you know, he's basically like, the key is not money, money is just one of the tools you can use to live this holistically happy life.
Speaker 2: Let me show you how.
Speaker 3: And I can say I have been watching Jason do So for the last few years totally transform his life to one of peace and serenity and calm, and honestly, he's like we speak more regularly now because he's someone who I go to when I'm like, I'm not sure how to navigate this spot, you know, because I'm wanting the peace, but then what about the business aspects? And so yeah, I'm just like, I'm just really happy for him. This is his second book. His first book was called You Only Live Once.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 3: Profile in the New York Times. And Happy Money, Happy Life is already out. I came out yesterday. If you were listening to this, you know when this episode drops on Wednesday, So go ahead and cop it. You can copy it on on Amazon or just like you know any Honestly, typically any of these kind of like indie bookstores if you want to support them, will happen as well. But if you don't know where to get it, you could definitely go to head over to Amazon and get you get.
Speaker 2: You a copy of this book. I'm just really proud of being Yeah. Yeah, he's such a sweet soul. And I got to reconnect with him at finn Con for the first time in a long time, like everyone else I reconnected with, and he posted the sweetest thing on LinkedIn. I had no idea sweetest like, I mean, a long post about how when I was at Yahoo Finance, I kind of was just featuring, you know, my faves and personal finance. I know you were guests on Yahoo Finance, you feel a couple of times in Lynette Califani Cox was a guest and I had Jason on and I kind of forgotten and He's like, that was my first kind of media appearance. Maybe I remember her feeling and he was like, Mandy made me feel so comfortable, and I'm just you know. So he's so so sweet and genuine and he's like actually living the way that he is encouraging everyone else to live, you know.
Speaker 3: So I wish the best for him. Congress on the book launch, Jason, yay. We'll see you students in the stew in the stew all, right, I will send money makers.
Speaker 2: This is BA fam. We'll see y'all next week Friday. B oh, shoot you right, you're right, ba Qa. On Friday, some of your questions Brown and Vision Podcast on IG slide into our DMS. We'll see all then. Hey, ba fam, we could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Ambision podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network. It's edited by the wonderful Emani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Deplinsky is our in house tech guru, and I am Bandy Woodrid Santos your co host, and I will see y'all next week.