Speaker 1: Man, what's handing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You got more Shaan Bismall Lynch.
Speaker 3: Doug Hendrickson and Gavin Knewsome And you're listening to politics to be, you know, to be. I don't know what the hell you did last week, but I was running around in cartel tunnels last week, hanging out at the border down there, hanging out with pandas from China.
Speaker 1: So did you bring what's that? Did you bring some work back? Though?
Speaker 3: By the way, one thing you learned about the tunnels, those are two way cartel tunnels. It's not just the drugs coming in, it's the cash and the guns going out.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of you come up on though. Did you get a couple? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: How many tunnels you're down there? I don't know how many tunnels, thousands of how many tunnels?
Speaker 3: It's a crazy thing. I know everyone talks about building a wall, but it's what happens below the surface that's almost impossible to detect. So I had an opportunity to go down to the border, but also went down into one of these tunnels. And when they go down into the tunnels, the border patrol and others actually have to bring narcan down there because of the residual fentanyl that's often left behind.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you went down in a tunnel to get high. So you went down low to get high, is what you're telling me.
Speaker 3: Load to get high. Just but it's a reminder you can get high walking and climbing over those damn border walls. But it I'm serious, We don't They don't even know how many tunnels are out there, and they've been finding more and more tunnels. The technology is pretty primitive, but it's pretty basic. I mean, you just go in. There's little rail lines where they move people and they move the narcotics. And when I say move people, the tunnel that I was at, they discovered there was dozens and dozens of people, particularly Chinese that were so you've seen some people.
Speaker 1: There was some people in there and passing while you was going through there, Like hey, so now I'm just on my way to America right quick. But hey, look, you got my vote when I get over there.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work like, oh, you're sounding like the right wing talking points. You get my vote when you're.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, I'm just saying if you let me, just let me slide through this tunnel one time for the one time I get it, you know what I mean, when I get over there. Look, you know you got to vote, but feel that's not.
Speaker 3: How we're By the way, the human trafficking is becoming even as big lucrative wise in terms of just money as them drug trafficking.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy, they just selled the whole person. It's bad man.
Speaker 3: The human trafficking, which a lot of people are coming just for, well, they're actually paying off those that they are the traffickers, and they end up paying them off for the rest of their life, not only in terms of sex trafficking, but just hard labor for the rest of their life. But others are just paying off these cartels at the border of seventy five hundred bucks. Some cases it's tens of thousands of dollars depending And if they don't pay, we're starting to see a lot of folks that have been shot on site if they haven't paid the traffickers.
Speaker 1: So if they know this, right, if they know that the highs is so much dope coming in this motherfucker. Because look, it was a point at time, I had a couple, you know what I mean, I had a couple you know, I mean family members that down passed away from fucking with that uh, with that fitting all you feel I'm talking about that shit getting that shit getting through bruh, and that shit getting through at large amountains though, you know what I'm talking about, And if they know where it's coming from, it like with them, why you just don't go there and just be like, hey, look, take it out. Let me get that fitting all right quick, going back about your benning, But that shit is fine in its way through though.
Speaker 3: And massive quantities and the irony and is it. You don't need a massive amount of that drug to be deadly. It's cheap, it's easy mixed with other drugs. It's all over the country. It's leading to tens of thousands of overdoses, and the vast majority is coming in through the Mexican border. But it's also a lot of the precursor chemicals that come into the component parts are coming from China. And it was interesting as with the Chinese ambassador the day after I was at the border and we discussed some of the work that the Biden administration is doing with President She to address precursor chemicals. So to answer your question, Marshaan is. They're trying to deal with what goes into Mexico and trying to try to hold the line on those chemicals before those chemicals are converted to fenol and then they come into the United States. I put three hundred and ninety four men and women from the National Guard to support our counter narcotics and our interdiction efforts, to support the folks down there at border patrol. That's why I was down there with our National Guard men and women that are so how.
Speaker 4: Much coming through they're not. There's not like the old days. I don't know what y'all don't even know what the old days were. But we we got we got folks doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: Uh. I know what a fit going for a brick of fitting off, going for some stupid right now, you know, talking about on the street that shit keeping the economy moving.
Speaker 2: But Gavin, I appreciate your work this week. I want to acknowledge our partner Gavin because guess what he since the Hall of Fame game last week, he is now eligible for the Hall of Fame next year, and so our guy right here this time next year might be walking into Canton in the Hall of Fame he should be and what do you how does it so now he's eligible, since he's five years removed from his last game, to be in the Hall of Fame next year. I do believe we'll be sitting here next year and Marshawn to be wearing the yellow jacket on the podcast, So Marshawn congratulates being being a first year of eligibility this year coming up, it's gonna be a fun year and fun ride for all of us.
Speaker 3: How many people? How many people get in every year?
Speaker 2: There's about five that get in every year. There's there's probably a list of ten newcomers this year that are on the ballot, of which I would believe Marshaan's in the top two or three of the new list. I'm not gonna name the other names. And then there's obviously guys that from the past years that are eligible too that didn't get in. But look, we've got a great chance and I think we'll be there. And no, it's it's gonna be a fun year, Gavin, because like I said, this is kind of the build up now to that next class. You can hear a lot of stuff about Marshawn these next eight nine months.
Speaker 3: So is this part of it? Is it kind of like getting an oscar? You gotta work the refs. Right now, you're sort.
Speaker 1: Of promoted talking about I think I've got to go on tour some shit like that, do you. I gotta start campaign and mother fuck supposed to be my a Jane.
Speaker 2: I will be campaigning for you hard. Today is my first day of campaigning for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is it.
Speaker 2: This is the start of I'm gonna go high and hard for a long time the whole year, Gavin, you and me are going to be on the trail promoting more Sean.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, is this like politics? Do you take down your opponent or you just out there promoting yourself?
Speaker 1: Tell me the truth. I got to go through a couple of motherfuckers under the bus and.
Speaker 3: Ship bron telling the truth. You guys must do op research on your other running backs, try to trip them up. Come on, tell me the truth or this is like a love fest and I'm just I'm there rooting for the other guy.
Speaker 1: Because the other running backs, you know what I mean, I don't got to play against them, so I you know, I mean, it ain't nothing but more power mode.
Speaker 2: Respect, to him to be we're we're at right now after you know, all these years when he came out in two thousand and seven to be considered for the first ballot, which is very, very rare. I don't know the numbers of running backs have been in first ballot, but I believe we will be in a good shape spot Gavin. So it's gonna be a fun run.
Speaker 3: I love it you get a bonus or something, mar Shawn, you're gonna pay him a bonus if you get in the Hall of Fame or just you know, acknowledge him at the speech.
Speaker 1: Now that I ain't got nothing to do with his ass that was in my body, that you give me a bonus.
Speaker 2: Shit, Hey, Gavin, his agents, we don't. We don't charge on bonuses, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Because if I got in, then he's like, oh yeah. You know when you go out recruiting, you know, the next generation the players like, oh yeah, I got I represent Hall of Fame running back? How many? How many Hall of Fame guys you got right now?
Speaker 2: Well, you'd be my first Hall of Fame guy, so it'd be.
Speaker 1: It'd be pretty So I'm your daddy, Why you're my son? Look at my baby boy, I see you. Look man, look they told me as a black man, you don't want be first to do nothing. But dang, right now, if I'm your first one, then that just solidified you. No longer call me mar shine shine, mister Lynch b small d A d d I wow, daddy made, but the one that raised you understand. And I don't call you s O N. I call you s you in because you shine son understand.
Speaker 2: But guess what, guys, we have a we have a great guest coming up and uh, I think he's ready for us right now?
Speaker 3: What is What does Jimmy Kimmel know about the Hall of fame? He'd be in his own hall of fame, his own hall of fame for late night?
Speaker 1: What's up with your bland? What's handed?
Speaker 5: How you doing cool?
Speaker 1: And big dog? What's the word?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: My bad, my bad, But I had to say, tell you know what I mean. Nobody knows what you mean more than me. Marchin'. See look man, that's hey, We're gonna hold a special bomb. That's right.
Speaker 3: So Jimmy, you speak Marshan because man, I can use a translator sometimes.
Speaker 1: Brother, Look here you go, gab and get off that square ship.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I told you gotta let your nuts hang, man, Just hey, kick back and let it flow.
Speaker 5: You understanding is great advice you do have to You're not saying yeah.
Speaker 3: Thank you from both of you.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Doug, you're the agent, save me, buddy.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, here's the deal. I Marshawn's let it hang for a long time, have let him ride with it, and it's worked so far, so all good. But Jimmy, thank you for coming on the show. We really appreciate it. Man, my pleasure, glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging with us. By the way, what what I just saw this? What the hell happened to Huey Lewis?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, Huey Lewis is my good pal. Effect Huey Lewis is the guy that got me into fly fishing, which I know you were an avid ficcionado of Huey Lewis has many years disease. Marshawn, do you know who Huey Lewis is now?
Speaker 1: Because if you wasn't looking and couldn't see my face, I was about to hate you with that? Who did? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How old are you?
Speaker 1: Marshaun?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: You know I mean some people would say, you know, I mean I'm twenty one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lest week, you're too young for Huey Lewis. You've seen Back to the Future, right he Oh yeah, yeah, you know the power of love from Back to the Future. That's the power of love. The heart of rock and roll. Okay, you know he said he had a lot of hits in the eighties. Anyway, he's a good pal of mine, and he's lost his hearing. He's got something called many years disease, so he can't sing anymore. And so we thought out, maybe we'll try to sell a TV show, and Fox was interested and they bought a Uh we're developing it, is what they say. And so we're writing a script and hopefully we'll have a TV show for Huey Lewis coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh you writing it? I'm no.
Speaker 5: A guy named Kirker Butler is writing it and I'm producing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, because look, man, motherfucker's had me. You feel me like I was back in school and Shit had me doing my homework on you and shit though, right, and Dan, I found out you was behind Crank Anchors.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's my show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog Da Shit used to have it rolling, Bro, I'm talking about on my back though. You feel me? You I said, oh ship all the time. I ain't even know that that was you that did that, but I'm like that ship was too funny, bro, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's those the old days Comedy Central.
Speaker 1: God. So you just be coming with hits and ship.
Speaker 5: I try, you know, not as many hits as you, but I you know, I've delivered a.
Speaker 1: Few them different kind of his though. Them ships, them ships affected body and they affected you know what I mean. They affect the brain. Yeah, they got they got this new UH. There's new medicine that they've been putting out on the UH on the UH on the market, that kind of counteract that get your body feeling right, get your head feeling right? Is that right? Is it? Take? It takes you to a It ain't that they call your uh your happy place. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Is this something that our governors didn't stand?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: UH? Is a medical breakthrough?
Speaker 1: Is it? Hey? You know what? And it worked? You know, it worked all the way down to my mama. You know what I mean? Now, can you feel me? We could bind on some ship, you know, I mean the old school aches and pains that a motherfucker had. You feel me, you get a little bit of this. Uh. I gave my parents some gummies.
Speaker 5: And my parents have never smoked anything in their lives or done anything. They've never got be they barely even drink. And and it was really it was. It was a fun experience. It was I mean, I wish they were high all the time. To be honest with.
Speaker 1: You, theyre more personable.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: You know that was one at the time, you know, less, less of an edge. Here's there I made. I made a breakthrough with my mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, hey, Jimmy, speaking of that, I've I've long admired your career and what you've done, obviously from crank anchors to radio and a comedy. So growing up, I'm curious, were your parents fine, because obviously you you know, did you grow up in the show business household? Were your parents funny? You do crack jokes with them?
Speaker 5: How was it funny? My dad funny? But everyone else in my family is funny. My mom was class with in her high school in Brooklyn. She went to a huge high school in Brooklyn, New York, and she was She's funny and everyone. All the women in our family are very funny. My grandfather was very funny. It's just one of those things like you can't really you can't be part of our family unless you're funny. My dad is funny, but not intentionally. He's got his own kind of humor, which is.
Speaker 1: You got no it ain't know so it ain't no uh no, like no sensitivity in the household, because it's like, you come in this house, you better be on your shit otherwise you gonna get you your as gonna get roasted.
Speaker 5: There is zero sensitivity. There's all you know what.
Speaker 1: We probably got more in common than than you think, because I mean, I'm telling you, you come into my house look fresh.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, isn't it funny?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: For me, like everybody, I became the famous comedian Marshaun became this funny football player that everybody loves. But I they know that there are at least six people in my family who are funnier than I am.
Speaker 1: And you be like that though. It is like that because I got people in my family that I know for show way better athlete athletes than.
Speaker 5: Possible that there's not a Lynch Family reality TV show. I mean, it seems like it seems like a no brain.
Speaker 3: I'm a Lynch, Mama Lynch Starry and then Marshawn co star.
Speaker 1: We need for real, Noah, because we kind of, you know, we kind of we kind of stayed away from the uh, away from the cameras and ship, and you know, we made it like a family affair. So but when you do get that rare opportunity to do see some of that ship you talking about, some hold on where the fuck this dude been at her? Where she been at this whole time? Because this motherfucker is funny.
Speaker 2: Well, Jimmy, I know, I know you will. I know you went to school in Vegas. Jimmy, Marshawn's living in Vegas. Maybe you can go out there. How about we do a reality show with you, you and Marshawn go back to Vegas live in a house together, and uh, that'd be pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: That might be.
Speaker 5: It might be hard for me to do my job, but I would be definitely interested in seeing Marshalls you.
Speaker 1: Had and the motherfucker YEA, our whole, our whole you know what our whole life would be like? The goddamn uh A crank anchor skit.
Speaker 5: I don't see why not, you know, I who do you think is on the mount rushmore of weed? Who do you guys say is on that? I mean Snoop? Obviously he's got to be there.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I mean the left.
Speaker 1: The right.
Speaker 3: But this, by the way, Marshall, this one, I will defer, as they say, Marshaw on this one.
Speaker 5: Brother Willie Nelson's got to be on it. Bob Marley, Bob Marley, under, well, we're gonna have to put more than four heads on the same, Snoop. Of course, you Chong have to be on them.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, nice.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen some with uh with Cheech and Chong on. I think he was doing some with the Matt Bournes and and Staks and they were saying, you know, that was off of play play. Now, I don't know how much I can believe it, you know what I mean? Because they looked at how the motherfucker while they was doing that thing. You fear me? But see though, I got a couple, man, I got a couple of knocks in my family that you feel me the all day, you know what I mean? I know y'all think smoke Snoop smoke a lot, but you feel me though. I got a cousin. I'm talking about this like a chimney. I'm talking about it's almost like every time I turn around, he got a blunt in his mouth and he rolling one. Matter of fact, it's a gap belief. You feel me? So he trying to get ye know what I'm talking about. He trying to get high high And I'll be like, damn bro like, and you work with kids, I'm like, how you if you understood, If you understood, then you understood in order to deal with them, a boy, sometimes you got you gotta be out your right mind.
Speaker 5: This has to be the weirdest podcast ever, right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't worry though. They said it get better though with time.
Speaker 2: It's better, yes Jesus.
Speaker 3: By the way, hey, speaking of time, how many times? Well, we'll talk another day about how much of that's going on during the NFL season. That's why I'm just that whole drug testing regimen there is a little questionable. I'll just leave it at that. We're talking about you, Marshawn. I'm just saying that's what I'm here second third hand, that's what I hear.
Speaker 5: Marshawn. Have you ever been in this situation where you're on vacation and the NFL said, okay, it's time for your drug test, and they had to send a guy out to you.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, look, I ain't gonna to hold you. Look. I was doing a pop up shop out here in uh in Vegas for my Beach Moke clothing line, and I was in something called the program. So my address is California. Uh H. I was in Vegas and I get a call like, hey, I ain't at home. You know, okay, no problem, call you back in five minutes. They had a drug test. Motherfucker on deck in Vegas. This motherfucker pulled up to my uh to my pop up, like, hey, you got a piss. I'm like, bro, we in the you know, I mean we strip what you like? We gotta go to the bathroom. Brouh is one of the most awkward motherfucking traditions I've ever been in my life. Bro We was at the Flamingo. Bruh. We going a bathroom. Bro He whip out the whole kit, put it on the table. I'm like, nah, we can't like brou You know how embarrassing it's gonna be. Brou somebody coming here and catch me having to piss in this cup for you. He's like, well, look, man, you got thirty minutes. If you don't, If you don't piss, you know what I mean, you gotta You're gonna You're gonna get a fel drug test suspension. Four folk games man went to that door. I locked that door. Bro, you got a whole mob of people banging on door. Boom boom boom, boom boom boom. I'm in there, gotta piss in this cup, bro, Most awkward fucking position, bru is when I gotta unlock that door, Bro. And this dude with the big ass pissed kit bag walking out bruh. And I'm sitting there like, oh man, but they won't they pissed.
Speaker 3: The question we all have this, did you pass? Did you pass?
Speaker 1: Let's just say I wasn't suspended for four gangs.
Speaker 2: Well, well, Jimmy, here here's here's a funny story. And you might you might have used this back in the day. But around two thousand and three, two thousand and four, I had a client and I'm going I'm I'm basically just you know, going through my day, and I get a call and my client calls me, and this is a true story, public story. My client calls me, said, hey, you know I got stopped at the at the TSA TSA checkpoint and I said, well, what did you What did you have? So I had this contraption. I said, what do you mean this contraption? And it was and he's like, well, it's this thing that you used to avoid drug tests. I said, what are you talking about? And he's like, it's called the Wizarinator. And so he said, they stopped me. There's some like white powder in my thing. I said, well, what was the white powder? He says, well, the white powder you put water on it and it became case fake urine and that'll go to pass the drug test. So here I'm googling this Wizinator thing and it's a contraption that you you put on and you can buy him a different colors. You can buy black ones, white ones, different colors, Wizard here.
Speaker 5: And so and so.
Speaker 2: So he used a Wizenator to pass all these tests. And the Wizardinator, I didn't know back in the time, was used you know, in different industries, but that that particular test caused the NFL to then say we want to watch more Sean piss. We want to watch these guys. That was the last time that anybody could just go in the bathroom on their own and bring the cutback. So the Wizarenator stock went like crazy when this thing came out. I think Letterman or Leno one of them talked about it on the air, and the Wizarinator became some massive product. But that was that was the last time these days would allow these NFL guys to to basically piss in quiets.
Speaker 5: I would say, oh boy, I experienced this with I was I went on a little vacation trip with Tony Romo and his wife and he got a call during it. We're up in northern California and they said, yeah, you need to the drug tests. And he's like, oh, I'm in I'm in Napa Valley. I don't know how that's going to be possible. And they said, well, we'll send somebody up, and sure enough, they sent a guy up and he had the kid just as Marshaun said, and the guy had to go in the bathroom with him.
Speaker 1: It was one of the It was very strange, but you're gonna have some disrespectful shit, man, yeah.
Speaker 5: And by the way, how bum were those guys that collect the tests when they told them, like, oh, by from now on you're gonna have to be in the stall with the guy looking.
Speaker 1: At his penis. That's some out of Poland.
Speaker 5: I tried to get the guy to tell me who had the biggest and smallest pena.
Speaker 2: I guess for professional reasons, he wasn't able to share that, Gavin, no joke. They would literally, if you're in Bali on vacation and you don't tell where you're at, they will find you in Bali. They will find you anywhere to get that test done.
Speaker 3: By the way, my understanding though, is they once they do one test and you're clean, that's it for the rest of the season, or they stick on top. Here's the deal with that's just a green goddamn light.
Speaker 1: That's if you you know in a program. If you're not in a program, is one scheduled test, you passed that test and being you good. But if you're in that program, shit, I know I done probably got tests maybe like four times in a one week.
Speaker 2: And Jimmy, do you know what? You know what day the test you have to pass is it's for twenty so for April twentieth, no bullshit. April twentieth is the date the NFL tests the players in the offseason.
Speaker 5: So that's a double holiday. That's really that, you know what that's like. That's like making you do taxes on Christmas Eve. That's unfair and government newsom you should do something about.
Speaker 1: That, you know what.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to do. So, by the way, this is just for the record, I mean, and Marshawn, we've talked about it, Jimmy Marshaan, I remember talking about just the absurdity of just the whole marijuana regime in the NFL. It's hardly a great performance and answer. Meanwhile, though, these guys are jacking up people with prescription drugs after games. They're going home taking shots of Jack Daniels or you can smoke a little weed and have all the medical benefits not wake up feeling like shit or addicted to all these prescription drugs. The whole thing is absurd and and and so I hope the NFL is starting to wake up to that new reality and moving forward with some more common sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is nonsensical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, what's also nonsensical is you're refusing to go back on the Oscars, leaving us with no hosts. O Jimmy, no host. No one wants the damn job. Why don't you want the job?
Speaker 5: It is fun, it's hard, it's hard. It's it's a lot of work, and the show suffers a little bit, to be honest, your nightly show, because when I'm focused on the Oscars, I'm less focused.
Speaker 1: On the show.
Speaker 5: And I just decided I didn't want to deal with that this year. There was just too much last year. You wind up pushing everything off till after the Oscars, and then you have to do everything you promised to do after the Oscars after the Oscars, and you know, I also it's you know, I did two years, went well, I did another two years it went well.
Speaker 1: I figure I'd take a little break. So how how did you balance that though? Because I mean, my transition right from being a uh you know, I mean from from from playing the game and then you know, transitioning over into you know, the entertainment space, like it's it's I mean, it's a lot of crossover, but that shit, get that should get pretty hectic. I'm just you know, I mean, I'm just curious to how you know, you transition from you.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm not good at balancing. I'm really not. It's it's not one of my strengths. So I just I'm all in when it comes to something like the Oscars. I think about it in the morning and at night, and you know, I have ideas I want to work on them, and then the show seems like a nightly show, seems like a nuisance. Sometimes we have all our writers from the show working on the Oscar, so it just fracts them and it's fun to do and it's it feels good when it went well.
Speaker 1: But for me, it just was too much just to do it three years in a row. So you have a lot, you have a you have like full creative control over.
Speaker 5: The pretty much. Yeah, they don't, you're much, They really don't. I mean it's part of the deal. They don't pay you, but they also don't interfere.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn, that's a sharp lung, the fuck boy sharp at fuck.
Speaker 3: I mean you must have given them some advice on someone that would be a good host. I mean, who's a what's the over under on that?
Speaker 5: I think there are a lot of people who would be good hosts of the Oscars. It's just a matter of most of them don't want to do it. But you know, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of the people who you think, oh, yeah, that person would be great, she'd be great, he'd be great. They know they'd be great, they just don't want to do it. And especially when you think somebody's gonna be great, the only thing they can do is prove you wrong when they host the Oscars. So it's they say it's a thankless job. And I wouldn't necessarily describe it like that, because when it goes well, it isn't. But it's not a it's a tough spot to be in.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jimmy, speaking to host this summer, I know you ticked with the hiatus and you had a bunch of guest hosts. Are you picking those guest hosts yourself or does a network pick them? Or how do you figure out these guests goes? Because they've all been fantastic. Anthony Anderson was great, Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, I mean, unbelievable guys.
Speaker 5: You know, this is our I think third summer of guest hosts on the show, and what we've done is we've invited some people that we really like back. Now, some of the people we invited that we really liked back weren't able to do it this summer. But when we develop a shorthand with some of these people, like Anthony Anderson has done it more than anyone, and he's a good friend. He knows everyone on our staff. He's been on our show probably thirty or forty times, so when he's there, it doesn't even feel like it's a guest host. And then we have people like well, Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds filling in. They did one night, and you know, all the nerds on the staff are super excited because they love them superhero stuff, and then those guys are both super talented, and so I think it's I think it's a good exercise for our staff to have another host in there, because you know, there are a lot of things that I do when I'm there that they suddenly have to do, and I feel like when I come back, they appreciate me more.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love so Jimmy, you're obviously somewhere right now with some elk in the background or not, and you're not in her most of the beach for la, I take it. When you're off the summer, you shut it down, or you put the phone away and you fly fish and hang out chill or what are you do on a normal day basis I do.
Speaker 5: I like to fish. I do a lot of cooking. I cook a lot more during the summertime than I do. I feed the kids, I make I made some Korean barbecue the other night. You know. I do a lot of meat smoking and that sort of thing. And yeah, I just mostly get away from my telephone.
Speaker 1: So you get the opportunity to go and be a human, to be, yes, a normal human being. So you got like, because I ain't gonna lie Like when I, uh my first time retiring, I'm thinking like, yeah, this shit and it be yeah, everything. But what I found out was I was institutionalized, you know what I mean? Yea, so being able to get away from that ship and I'm figuring out like okay, now all right, wake up at you know, I mean six twenty four in the morning, I'm like, oh shit, I gotta get ready for press. Oh no, wait, I ain't playing. And then now I got to figure out some shit like how to Was that hard?
Speaker 5: Was it a tough adjustment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that shit was hardest fuck.
Speaker 5: I remember having dinner with Mike Piazza one night, and it was it was not long after he'd retired, and he told me that he didn't know how to make a plane reservation. He had had to learn because his whole life people had been making these plane reservations for him.
Speaker 3: And I don't know anything about that. I don't even understand that. And by the way, do you guys have to drive yourself anywhere?
Speaker 1: Or people do that when the last time you drove a car?
Speaker 3: It's all good man.
Speaker 1: I always thinking about do you got a license? Brin.
Speaker 3: By the way, I went to the Wildhouse a few months ago. They said, where's your license? I said, you got to be kindding me. I don't drive.
Speaker 1: I've been drinking.
Speaker 2: Well, Jimmy, you've been on you've been on vacation, Jimmy. But did you see Gavin cleaning the streets of Vale the other day? Of these encampments and trash man, you know he's out there.
Speaker 1: I'm going out there for them, for them, goddamn photo ops. You know.
Speaker 5: My wife is on the board of directors at a great organization called Saint Joseph Center and they they are they do a really great job of helping people get off the streets in Los Angeles, and uh, we do a lot of stuff for and with them. And one of the things that we did was we we got hold of a parking lot and we set it up with the governor actually gave us eight FEMA trailers and so we put in each of those trailers homeless mother and her children in each of the trailers. And it's been going on now for years, and every one of the family least transitions out into into a house. They're helped with job assistants. They really helped to give them time to get on their feet and out of their cars or wherever they were living with their children, which is absolutely horrible, and it's it's it's been an eye opening experience. I mean, I don't envy you having to tackle that problem because it is so very complicated and and just so I just I don't you know, I mean, I know that what we do there and what this Saint Joseph Center does is of great help, but also sometimes you feel like, oh my god, this is only eight families. You know, there are thousands of people out there you.
Speaker 3: Know, it's interesting. I've been doing a lot of camic cleanups for years and years, but one one story sticked with me. It's indelible, and it's in the spirit of what you just said. I was down in San Diego. We were near an off ramp. We went in and this guy comes out. He was a little bit agitated that we had come up on the encampment in this tent, clearly a methadic and the teeth, the whole thing came up, introduced himself as a methatic and said, hey man, I'm you know, I'm a little pissed off you're here, but thank you. And I said, well, I appreciate that. He goes, well, here's why I want to thank you. We opened the tent and there's a brand new baby. I'm talking about a couple of days old man, a couple of days old. And he said, can you can you help my wife? And can you help my kid? And she's strung out, this poor kid right there, And it was just a reminder. I mean, you can walk by people, you can drive by people and call that compassion. And I'm sure as hell glad we got in there and tried to save this kid and this family. And you know what was interesting. This was a young guy who came from the Midwest. He said, I got a greyhound bus. I was struggling with meth addiction. And he said, my girlfriend and I we eventually got married. Said we both came out and by the time we got we were going to be clean and sober, a new life in California. And we got off the greyhound bus. We knew we couldn't do it. He goes, that's how you know it just the throes of addiction. And so it's so complex, this stuff, and and you know the same time you can fix it. I mean in your proof pointed at you and your wife and the work we're done. I mean, you see people that have turned their lives around all the time. We know we can solve it. It's just the scale, I mean your point, the scale of the challenge which is so over and.
Speaker 5: The work never stops. It just never, it never stops. You know, people come to California it's it's warmer, and and it's it's a liberal environment. But then you get a situations where nobody wants homeless people in front of their business. And I understand that, and uh, boy, I think that is the just the toughest one.
Speaker 1: There is no So when you when you do something like that and you, I mean you going clean up we call them the ten Cities m hm. And then you going you you get them people up out of there, then what's it all turn?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What you got for them? Like where that going? Like what's going on? Because I noticed that, uh in Oakland, the spots that have been you know what I mean, cleaned up or whatever. Then what happened is you get a lot of this shit, a lot more car break hens, you get a lot more kick those on the home on houses and shit, and it's like all of that shit that those people that had, you know, over the years, they didn't accumulated that ship. And then when you're going clean that shit up and get rid of it, it's like, oh, well, fuck, I gotta go out and I got to hit again because now I really don't got shit. Now not only do I not have a place where you know, I was laying my head, but you know, and then motherfuckers be nice boy, they be having like solar panel that solar panel systems going on TVs, the you know what I mean, the little stoves all the shit like and then when you clean that up and you get them up out of there, then it raised where I see, it raised the crime rates and a lot of the these places because now it's like, well should I had this, and now don't got it, so I got to go get it again. So like we're doing.
Speaker 3: A marshan without getting too deep in the weeds. I mean, that's the tension is it's, you know, you just out of sight, out of mind, you just sort of cleaning up a block and creating a problem around the block, and so you know, won't bore you. But we've we've got a whole process and a protocol. We call it resolution grants to resolve the underlying issues, to provide services and supports to address the complex issues. And they're multifacet It could be drug or al call addiction, mental health, could be a combination of both. It could be something as simple as having a dog, but the shelter won't take your dog with you, and so you refuse to even go into the shelter. People been in shelters but have been assaulted and so they need a house and getting a landlord that allows even if you have a voucher to rent to someone that's impoverished. So it's complicated. Man, it's hard. But it's the crisis that I think defines more stress and more frustration than any other in the state of California. And yet people's anger about the state to beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that shit. It's really hard though, right because I own a building U in downtown, right and it's across the street from like a city team and you know they you know, they do a lot, uh, you know, for the homeless, and what ended up happening is at a certain time, like they'll close their doors and then you know, if you're not there on time, then you can't get in. And what they end up doing is they'll come and sleep, you know, right in front of my building. And now I got five commercial units down there, so you know, I mean at this time, now you walking into you know, maybe the barber shop, and it's like, you know, I mean you got six or seven people just laying in the in the doorway, and it's like, man, get your ass up, get up out of here. And then what happened is the people remember that you just made them get up and they don't have nowhere to go. So as soon as them. As soon as that sun go down, them street lights come on them motherfuckers coming. They kicking in my doves, you feel what I'm saying. They kicking in my doors, but to my windows, Like all right, you don't let me sleep. They taking shits in front of my uh, in front of the doorways. They pissing all on the all on the buildings around like it just ain't you know what I mean, the garbage cans that we have out there, you know, I mean, I'm talking about overfield to the max, and it's like, well fuck, and just across the street, it's like you have a place to go, but all right, you can't get in.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna do now, I'm like all the people they're like, oh, they broke in last night and they you know, they stole my product. And then you know, if it's a vacant space down there, then you know, I mean, come in there, do a little bit of clean up. And then I like, damn, somebody kicked in the door I got, you know, motherfucker got their whole goddamn bedroom set up, and you know what I mean, in the bathroom in one of the building, it's like, hold on what the fuck is going on? Amen?
Speaker 3: Not then by the way, I know Jimmy came up like, what the hell are we talking about?
Speaker 5: Home?
Speaker 3: But this is it's raw, it's emotional, it's complex. You just described it. Uh, but it's you know, it's reason when I come back, I'm gonna come back as as Jimmy and Marshawn and Doug not as as.
Speaker 1: Jim See if you can see if you could have you know, that company that you just talk about, send me a couple of famous trailers down to my spot so they could stop kicking in my doze and see it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it really is. Yeah, yeah, it's uh, it is. It is a great solution. And it's a great situation when a business owner allows you to use a parking lot, because a lot of business owners won't, but says, yes, you can use this parking lot. You can turn it into a little a little village, and you know, we have security there twenty four hours a day. It's it's just a way of Now. Of course, what you're talking about is is criminal behavior and probably as a result of drug addictions, and that's its own issue. But there are also a lot of people who aren't criminals who don't have drug problems, who are on the street and who need help. And those are the those are the people that that I think that you can come up with a really clear plan for no doubt.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jimmy, I bought what you're doing. Jimmy, with you and your wife question, how's your uh, how's your son doing?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I know he's gone through some stuff. How's he doing now? Yeah, my son had my son, Billy. He's seven years old. He had his third open heart surgery in May, and he's doing great. You'd never know other than the scar and iss chess, you'd never know he had it. He's a very funny kid, and he's just like you know, he's he's totally he's totally fine. Now he's hopefully we'll never have to have another surgery of any kind. And thanks to the Children's Hospital in LA which is a great hospital. And he's he's uh, I mean, I was, I was just I was going to tell you a story, but there he's he's a weird kid. He's uh, he's constantly squeezing his mother's ass.
Speaker 5: He says, it's just so juicy.
Speaker 1: So he gets Look, Jimmy, hey, here you go. I told you. Look now, I don't know about the mom cheeks, but you know, I mean, you can't you when the cheeks is right? Man? You know what I mean sometimes when.
Speaker 3: You know you know, Jesus, where's the lawyer here? I need a lawyer? No.
Speaker 1: See, this is all in This is all in good spirit and all in good fun. So you know, I mean that all of that other shiites that's for the bears.
Speaker 5: You just telling me you're only allowed to squeeze Mommy's ass.
Speaker 3: Else, period, full stop. Jesus.
Speaker 1: That's hey.
Speaker 5: Listen, you volunteered to be part of this show.
Speaker 1: I don't, I can't. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 5: This is your idea.
Speaker 3: By the way, have you uh have you been following any of the Olympics? I mean it's coming. Speaking of what's coming into the streets of La. Yeah, the plane is landing, athletes are coming descending. It's all about the next Olympics. That torches being passed to California.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. I actually met with the Olympic committee when they landed their helicopter on the roof of the building across the street from us.
Speaker 1: It seemed like it was.
Speaker 5: It seems like it was fifteen years ago and uh, we're still four years away. But I'm excited about having the Olympic. I love the Olympics. I've been to a bunch of them, and I think it's gonna be a lot of fun having in La.
Speaker 2: You know, it was crazy, Jimmy. I was with my son the other day, he's thirteen, and we're talking about like back in our day, we'll meet you and Gavin's day. Like the sports now, Like think about the Summer Olympics. Back in our day, there's gym there's gymnastics, there are swimming, there was a track and field basketball. Now there's break dancing, there's Yeah, there's every sport that like why who I saw super Man? This is crazy in terms of sports. But no, it's been. It's been fascinating. Snoops to an incredible job.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get one of them kind of jobs. So you know, you say you talk to an Olympic committee, the Olympic Committee, Hey throw my name in there. You feem me like, yeah, Sean want to do some of that ship that Snoop was doing, come to the Olympics talking ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I could see Snoop and more Sean and La. Couldn't you doing that stuff together?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean, are you kidding me? I think we probably have to u some of the We have to keep some of the speed related athletes await from them, but you might slow some people down. But I think, yeah, you guys would make quite a duo.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, I want to come to get in your work. No no, when it comes time to put in your work in and you know you got to you got to pass that motherfucker to the left hand side, and you got to leave it alone until you're done doing what you're doing. Then you could come part take in the festivities and activities you know talking about. But because we are speaking the same language, you could be the translator for you know, for for for individuals like you know, I mean for individuals like Batman or Doug who don't who can't understand the shine Jimmy, you know, I mean they can't understand that. Yeah my boy, Yeah see he can't. He lost right now, but you could wheel him back in and then you know he okay, cool, cool cool. So that should be an Olympic. We need to go ahead and put that in the Olympics.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know, I have nothing to do with it, but I would be more than happy to uh to be your Martha Stewart at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, have way too much to do with this, and I ain't listening to any of this damn stuff I'm taking.
Speaker 5: So this fall back on you.
Speaker 3: You're talking to wrong. Yeah, exactly, trust.
Speaker 1: Me, Batman.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, let me direct between Jimmy and Gavin. We'll find your job at the Olympics in twenty eight We'll find you something.
Speaker 3: By the way, you guys we're talking about all these fancy folks. I am curious. I'm serious because all these people, you guys have met both all of you guys. But Jimmy, I'm curious just for you. Was there any time you've been starstruck by anybody like legitimately, we're like, damn, it's someone that just even if it was out of the norm, and you're.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, yeah, you know, I have moments that I just can't I can't believe are happening to me. I gotta I get an email from Steve Martin today and I was just like I said to them, my wife, I'm like, and now what am I supposed to just go about my day as if nothing happened. I mean, this is a guy who when I was a kid, you know, especially, and all through my whole life I've idolized, you know, it is one of the funniest people ever. And just to get it and just the fact that he thought, oh, I'll send Jimmy Kimmel an email is mind boggling to me. But yeah, Don Rickles is somebody that I always I couldn't believe is Sometimes it's like you don't even really realize these people exist, you know, in real life, and then they're sitting next to you on a couch. And I think once you forget like that that's amazing and that's exciting, then you should probably stop doing your show.
Speaker 1: Because it is amazing.
Speaker 5: It is exciting, and you always have to remember your fourteen year old self and how excited that person would be to see the future and what is what is coming because it's not something. No one in my family is in show business. No one in my family ever really did anything other than regular jobs or whatever. And it never occurred even to me that I might be on television one day. So to have to be in this situation is something that at least a couple of times a week I have to stop and remind myself like, ohyah, this is this is pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: And jim let me ask a question. You know, as you know, I'm an NFL sports agent and I hate almost all the agents. I'm competitive, as you know. Are you in your business? Are you friends with Fallon? Are you friends?
Speaker 5: Do I know, still talk?
Speaker 2: Are you friends with his other hosts or do you guys kind of stay in your own length.
Speaker 5: No, I am very good friends with all of the other late night hosts. In fact, we did a podcast together over the Riders strike and we really bonded at that time. I fished with Jimmy Fallon over the summer. I'm gonna fish with Colbert coming up pretty soon. Yeah, No, I We're really tight. In fact, for Colbert's sixtieth birthday, Fallin, John Oliver, Seth Myers and I came out to New York and we surprised him and had a birthday dinner for him. His wife dropped Ziems. His wife told him that they were going to have a private dinner just the two of them romantically together, and he got there and it was the group of us, and it was pretty funny. Actually, the reactions of the people in New York as we won by one filed out of the restaurant.
Speaker 1: They were losing their minds.
Speaker 3: You guys talking business or I mean, and it's what do you guys all talk about when you're together? You compare notes or you just talk about life.
Speaker 5: We goof around.
Speaker 1: We talked a probably bus hell of jokes on each other though we did you know what we dude? What about?
Speaker 5: Conan was not at that, But Conan is a friend of mine. Also, Yeah, Conan lives in l A. And he's a really really funny guy.
Speaker 1: And hell yeah that's my dog. Conan. Really, Conan fuck with me. I don't know why, but Conan turned me up, brought me on that show a couple of times, really fucked around with him. Yeah, Bill Maher, Bill Maher brought me on this ship too. He was he was solid. He like, is that's somebody who we if we did do our you know what I mean, our our crank anchor thing, we'll probably have to bring into because he I think he smoked Hello weed too. He does, he does, He does smoke Hello weed. Dogs seemed like he'd be Smoking, Hello Weed Too, and Bust and Hello Joe Hella, Bust and Hello Funnies too. But that, yeah, that should be interesting as fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's not like the old days were you know, Leno and Letterman didn't get along, or even like we're Leno and I didn't get along in the in the early days of of our show because and I think it's a lot of it is because of YouTube, and because of the fact that people watch the show when they feel like watching the show. In the old days, you had to watch the show at eleven thirty or twelve thirty, whatever time the show was on, So you had to pick a show, and you don't anymore. You can watch all of them.
Speaker 3: It's interesting. By the way, where do you think I mean it just and I mean, I imagine you guys have to have these comments you're having with your producers. Except but when you're I mean, ten years from now, where the hell do you see late night going in that context?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if there will be any late night television shows on network TV in ten years. Maybe there'll be one, but there won't be a lot of them. The audience is there's a lot to watch. You know, and now people can watch anything at any time, you know, They've got all these streaming services. It used to be like, you know, Johnny Carson was the only thing on at eleven thirty and so everybody watched, and then David Letterman was on after Johnny, and so people would watch those two shows. But now there are so many options, and maybe even more significantly, the fact that people are able to easily watch your monologue online the next day, it really cancels out the need to watch it when it's on the air. And once people stop watching it when it's on the air, networks are gonna stop paying for it to be made.
Speaker 2: Can you can you, Jimmy when you're done? Can you walk away and disappear? Can you, uh? Can you get away from this? And just like I'm out? Or do you always got to be cranking it and doing doing doing busy things.
Speaker 5: Well, it depends on what you mean by cranking it. But I you know what, I will have a hard time when it's over. I now, That's why I asked Marshaun earlier about his uh transition after playing it is because it worries me. And that's part of the reason why I I keep going each time I think, well, this is gonna be my last contract, and then I wind up signing another contract. It's because I have I I fear that day, that Monday after my final show, and it's like, Okay, now what I'm gonna do?
Speaker 1: Now? What am I going to do?
Speaker 5: Because there's you know, there's not a I don't know there there aren't a huge number of options for late night hosts after the shows are over. People think of you as a late night talk show host, and it's it's not like you're suddenly going to start starring in films trying to be an.
Speaker 3: Ex politician Jimmy jesus. I mean, I'll take your status over the ex politician status.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and our future is not bright, Gavin.
Speaker 3: No, it's really depressing. Yeah. We gotta sell by well, I gotta sell by date. It's called term limits.
Speaker 2: You don't necessarily he Hey, Sean, I think you and I can find Jimmy and Gavin a job when they're done, right, Marshaan, we'll find him something to do here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mar Sean, you're gonna be You're our sage. You'll guide us.
Speaker 2: But Jimmy, Ben Jimmy, it's justly as an agent. Like in the NFL. You know, if Marshaun walked away, he retired in his own terms and he still had to figure out what's next. But ninety nine percent of his athletes, the phone stops ringing, So then were just like, okay, I might play, I might not. And then you don't really know. There's no like, no one telling you, okay, it's time to leave. And so now you've got to figure out life. And that's the hard part as far as most of these players in every sport, because and I assume you entertainment, it's the same way. It's even worse because you know, the phone stops ringing, there's no more you know, auditions, whatever it may be. So your space and the athletic space is a brutal, brutal space. And I applaud you for making as far as you've done, and as is Marshaan. And by the way, Jimmy Marshawn and we talked about the top of the show is first year of eligibility this year for the Hall of Fame. Oh yeah, I think he'll get in next year and that's what we're campaign for. But in any event, it's a tough space. You guys, Sean, who will give your Hall of Fame speech?
Speaker 1: Well, shit, probably my mama.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, you got to get her good and baked before she makes that speech.
Speaker 1: You know what, she don't make sure she takes care of her. So the only thing she probably don't say, just make sure you got that doughty pack phoney ready to go.
Speaker 5: I love that idea that you have your mother and tuck to you into the hall fan. Has anyone ever done that before? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I know my man, my mama mom was I can't even say it was. Is my biggest uh my biggest fan, my biggest supporter, and I mean shit, I could just remember the first the first time, uh, you know, I was getting ready for a game. I'm in there, you know, laying out my my jersey, my pants, my socks, my cliques, like, oh, I'm gonna put my helmet right here, got my mouth piece this that, and I was so motherfucking and my mama come in the room like what the hell are you doing. I'm like, I'm getting like, motherfucker you in here laying out your uh, laying out your uniform like it's the first day of school.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it is that's right, it is.
Speaker 1: We lost. We lost our first game, bro. I was crying and hell of ship, My mama told me some of the best advice that I you know, I mean, it's stuck with me, you know what I mean, for the rest of my career, Like uh, like, boy, are you over here crying and ship like you get to go out and do this again next week, so just go do better. I'm like, I get to do this again like you did. Look like you got about nine ten games left on the skein. Oh man, that was that was that was like you finish. Was the one who told you to let your nuts hang down, man, Jesus from up from from from up, from a small from from from from from a tiny tim you know what I mean, from a tiny tim. Moms was always you feel me though, pushing that issue like yeah, but when you get out there, you gotta let them nuts.
Speaker 5: Hagka, Mama Lynch is it? It was the best?
Speaker 2: Is the best, I mean his biggest fan by far, and her Hall of Fame speech will be up in trust me.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way.
Speaker 3: Marsh you may not Mama Lynch just she said left me like a three minute voicemail last week about all the political stuffy give me the same Guydamn advice literally is like it was literally showed up. Having heard from her forward said Mama Lynch, I'm like, you can't make this up. Did like all this advice and you know, just you know every's gonna be great. You know, it's like Jesus Christy.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's got it.
Speaker 3: We gotta.
Speaker 1: You know, she Mom's got some ism. You feel what I'm saying. Mom's got some ism and one thing about her. You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna tell the mother fucking straight up like nah, I'm cool. I ain't trying to talk to you like that. You feel me though, But Mom's gonna man come here, man, and I don't care who it is. She gonna come and she gonna get you some game and you're gonna walk away from it like damn that shit make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jimmy, there'll be games in Seattle. I grew up there, and I be, hey, Mama Linch, you want to go grab some lunch. She's like, no, I can't. I got an appearance. So she The fans love The fans loved her so much up in Seattle. Literally, she they would book her for appearances. The only mom I've known ever done is so you get the Seattle She'd be making five ten grand a game, going and going to tailgates and.
Speaker 1: So look, it was not only that, like cause you know, I mean we we we we we individuals with big hearts and ship. So you know what I mean, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't uh build relationships with a lot of my teammates. So you feel me when it comes down to it, it's like, Okay, this is my other other other son, and that other other other son happened to be me, So you know, my moms to get with shit. I'm talking about all the mamas from the team, Like, hey, come on, we could go over here. We go sign autographs for about an hour, hour and a half before the game. We go get a couple of dollars. So you know what I mean. We come out on the field, you know, everybody looking for they for they moms in the designated spots. The motherfucker's looking around like, hey man, we're I don't see my mama, Like oh yeah, bro, I forgot to tell you bro, moms done. Took them over here to uh to Tacoma, the to the casino. They over there doing uh they're doing an autograph sign and they'll be here probably like around you know what I mean by about by the time the first quarter come.
Speaker 5: Rockwork.
Speaker 1: We come out running on the field for the start of the game. They sitting there like they've been there the whole time. Hey, baby, come in game. Where you been at? Oh shit, I had to go get me a bag right quick. And I'm talking about from Ship, from my sherman and Mama, Thomas, Mama, Irving, Mama combing like you know what I mean, all the moms and then you feel me like, hold on, you got a sister, okay, well, Ship, bring your sister too. So now they got the moms and the aunties and that motherfuck's autographs. So when you come out and you hear all that screaming, you think it's for the teens, but hell and all the cameras that win and put uh put the mamas on the jumbo try and they cheer for the mamas and Ship like, yeah, Jimmy.
Speaker 5: What do you do you have any of that was your mama? Like that Jimmy, Uh, yeah, no, my mother is she's uh, she doesn't. She doesn't love being on camera, which of course makes me eager to put her on camera. Once years ago, when we're doing the mancho I, uh, I sat my mother down and I said, I ain't tell her what we're gonna do. But I sat her down in front of the camera and they said, Mom, when I was a kid, you never explained the facts of life to me. You never told me about sex. I had to find out figure it out from a neighbor, you know. So what I'd like you to do right now? And my mother's very uptight when it comes to this type of subject. I said, I want you to explain sex to me right now.
Speaker 1: Put it on my spot like that. I'm like thirty one at the time.
Speaker 5: He tried to joke away through it, and I was like, no, tell me how it or tell me start at the beginning and tell me how it works.
Speaker 1: How did that work out?
Speaker 2: He was very uncomfortable for her and very funny for me.
Speaker 1: Hello on, so you bring it up as a you know, you talk about when you as a kid, and shit, yeah, was you a funny ass kid too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 1: You know, I was always fucking around. That was my uh that was just how I.
Speaker 5: How I entertain myself in classes is interrupting the class. And some of the teachers really didn't like it. And some of the teachers really did like it. So, you know, the teachers that really did like it, I will never forget. And the teachers that really didn't like it, I guess I'll never forget them either, but me in different ways.
Speaker 1: Did you have hands too? Was you in no fight? No fights?
Speaker 5: No, I was a year younger than everybody. I think I weighed one hundred and twenty six pounds in high school.
Speaker 1: You know, so you was a little guy because how long some Uh I was holing at one of my folks, man, do he do some work with me? And he was telling me, Uh, I guess when you was in a might have been grade school. Yeah, the kids used to call you came not with a backpack, but with a briefcase. Briefcase, briefcase, Joe, is it? That is right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: My mom My first day of junior high school in Las Vegas at Kenny Gwyn Junior High School, my mom said, hey, you know, dad got a new briefcase and maybe you want to take his old briefcase to school. And you know, it was my first day of seventh I was like, oh, yeah, that'd be cool. I'm like, I'm like an adult now, I'll go in with a briefcase. And so I put all my stuff in the briefcase and I walked into the lunch room this first day, and I'll never forget it. I walk in and some bigger kids look over at me and they go, hey, briefcase Joe, and I just my heart sank. I was like, and I was so mad at my mother, like she should have known better, give me this briefcase.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 5: So when they did, when they so did that name stake for a while. It didn't, Thank god it didn't. I imagined it at that moment being my name for the whole rest of my career. But luckily, I don't think I ever saw those kids again, and I definitely never brought that briefcase back.
Speaker 1: But retired motherfuckers I did do.
Speaker 5: I wrote a rap song with eminem on the show once and that was the title of the song. It's on YouTube. It's called Briefcase Joe, and it's about the childhood trauma I experience from bringing my dad's briefcase to work.
Speaker 1: Heyll, Yeah, did you blame Hall of Jokes on them? Uh?
Speaker 5: No, No, I just I just I knew that I'd made a mistake, and I turned right around and walked out.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I wish I took that if I used to go to school with a suit on. So we'll talk about that another time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So you made it dippity do, a little gel, little whole thing. It was like, but no one, no one told me to stop. I didn't even know what. I didn't even get it. Surprise, I'm still here talk about it.
Speaker 5: You were like born to be governor. I wasn't tell you school. How old were you when you were?
Speaker 3: I was, I mean, I don't know. It's like ninth grade and I'm running around with a little clean.
Speaker 5: Tie and the whole thing, the whole all the way through high school.
Speaker 1: You were.
Speaker 3: It was when I discovered, you know, you were talking about sex there, but I discovered hair gel and that was like revelatory. A little dippity do I had. I played basketball my sophomore year and they had a little cheer, says dippity do, dippity do. Gavin, Gavin, we love you.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know. I'll believe in jail. I believe in jail, I believe a suit. But you playing basketball? I just I'm did you play basketball in the seat?
Speaker 3: Buddy? Very cute Jesus once.
Speaker 1: Running down his God damn here down his here being in high tops in a suit, looking real good.
Speaker 2: Jesus and Jimmy, by the way, you and Marshawn do have something to calm and Jimmy, although you know Marshawn, tell Jimmy where your honorary degree is from.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't see that motherfucker from Princeton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Princeton. Jimmy here, Jimmy's at U n ol V and you're at Princeton. Something's wrong with that, Marshaw. It was wrong with that.
Speaker 1: How long love to the kid? Man? I am show love to you, not just Piston though you feel me and slid it through cal too.
Speaker 2: Cal too, That's what I mean, Jimmy. We're all state school kids.
Speaker 1: We are to state.
Speaker 3: I'm a nine sixty s a t kid. I don't know about that. You you see nonsense ninety sixty buddy. I think it literally was nine sixty or nine eighty. Uh My mom said don't even take it again, because she's like, ain't gonna get easier, It's not gonna get better. Yeah, I air gel a suit and a nine sixty s a t How the hell did I end up here?
Speaker 1: You forgot the high tops with that suit?
Speaker 5: I got a twelve eight on my se TV and I still drunk from the night before when I took twelve.
Speaker 3: How the hell you get twelve eighty? Well, you'd get well, you'd get into you're getting all that private tutoring or something.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I never did, not, never do a screw or anything.
Speaker 1: Some people just got it.
Speaker 3: Really, is that how works?
Speaker 1: I just got it? Some people come stock? Really, you know I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Really, Doug, you and I, Buddy.
Speaker 2: By the way, my sat is a little bit. My sat is below Gavenge and me. No bullshit. I took mine the day after my father died. So I didn't get a very good store.
Speaker 3: Right, that's an excuse. I don't have a goddamn excuse me a little dyslex sEH. I'll give myself a little grace, Okay, I got a little. So I wasn't good at those sort of you know, the rope and.
Speaker 2: You ended up in a good spot. You've over achieved that. Okay, you went from you went from getting bullied to hair Jael to the governor, So you've done.
Speaker 5: Really, you're super overachieved.
Speaker 2: I mean, by all accounts, you were kind of an imbecile in high school.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good way to end a goddamn podcast. I think we're done. Bastards.
Speaker 1: Was they taking your lunch money to I talk about?
Speaker 3: We'll talk about all those things another day time, man. Yeah, really, seriously, mister Princeton.
Speaker 1: Really, some people just got it.
Speaker 2: Some people just got it.
Speaker 3: Funerary degrees is what they got.
Speaker 1: They did it right to on my degree. They put Marsha b smow lunch in parentheses. So somebody over there at Princeton knew what the fuck they was doing, you know what I mean? And then you you get a top flight. Now I need to come up out of Princeton, like you feel me. I just prestige him about a couple another more notches on the prestige level. You feel me, I get people talking about you know what I mean? Hey Moreshawn, you think you could give me this in this Princeton club? Like, Nah, you a square bro, we don't. We don't lock with like you up and you know what I mean, you gotta you know, I mean, you got to go put some work in, get your hands there. We got to make sure you tantos damn.
Speaker 2: To end that, Jimmy, I want to say, we really appreciate you coming on on vacation and uh, we've always admired what you've done. Your career has been epic. Uh and I can't thank you enough for joining us today.
Speaker 1: Yep. And before we let you go, I've been making this a thing that when we got individuals come on, hey, how are you? How are you doing? Though?
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm good, I'm doing good. I mean, it's a nice question to ask. I appreciate you you asking that question, and uh, I will say everything's I can't complain.
Speaker 1: I'm in a good spot, all right, that's all good man, Thank you good. No, no problem, that's what for. That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They didn't give me no specific uh uh a title with my honorary degree. So I'm a man of many hats right now. I'm a I'm a dummy ducker right now, so you feel me. I'm I'm I'm ducking a dodging donkey dummies right now, so you know, I mean, they come at the right time, so right now, you know I am doctor Lynch, you know, I mean doctor Beast, my old Lynch, and I just want to make sure that you're doing that, You're doing good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Personally, there's a mister Beast, and there's a doctor Beast.
Speaker 3: There's a doctor. The license of this mister doctor whatever the hell is.
Speaker 1: Don't make you go around that on that wall and.
Speaker 3: Practice.
Speaker 1: Brother, Yeah, I got it. It's called it's called orange juice in a blunt for breakfast and then we're good.
Speaker 2: With that.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, Thanks for enjoying us, brothers.
Speaker 1: You big care
Speaker 4: Bank b