Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because, let's be honest, for in earth school is hard.
Speaker 2: In fact, you taught me that let's crush Earth school together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy pooh, how in the crazy assue world are you? And why the hell are you laughing at me already?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's such a great greeting, such an appropriate greed today as we celebrate the super intensity for all of our listeners who maybe, like me, a little crispy on the edges, like in the very center. Fine, but on the edges.
Speaker 1: It's been by the same like that that eclipse. Yeah it fried me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was great. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: It was magical in lots of ways. It's actually really fun, by the way, seeing shadows of like a crescent moon, because what the shadows looked like. It was actually really fun, cool, really cool. And everybody at the Santa Fe Community College was not only playing on again I'm gonna call it a boombox because I'm in my fifties, but or they're they're playing or singing the Johnny Cash song, ring exactly right, ring afar. But yeah, krispy is a really great word.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the eclipse energy, literally it starts two weeks before and so we have the panacle of course during the actual eclipse, but it just starts like tempers get short. Some people have trouble sleeping, they're just a little edgy and they don't know why. Or people are snapping and they don't know why. This happens a lot, and so that's why it's so great to study astrology to know like, okay, it's good. Things are cooking up. Things are cooking up, so you can actually be informed on how to navigate instead of taking the bait. You know, like in a conversation you're like, don't need to weigh in on this one, you.
Speaker 1: Know, girl, I got to tell you I understand that that happened in the pre eclipse time for me as well. Yeah, and it's funny because listen all around the clips has been wild for me. Weirdly, I slept like a baby and I cannot I can't explain it. Susannah's like, how are you sleeping? Exactly, probably because I just exhaust myself during the day from all the energies, Like I just I'm exhausted. But I will tell you when we were there, I felt my cells were kind of jittery. I felt, I've actually jittery is probably a pretty good word. I felt that it was on the outside, Like you said, it wasn't on the inside. It was on the outside. I felt the jitterness of it. It was also excitement because I love a good celestial event, but that jitter And imagine people who didn't know what it was, how they were exploding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and that's it. But they usually people don't go, hmm, I wonder what's going on. They explode on the outside like they just start sniping to get to release the energy instead of like I got a ground, I have to take this in now. Could you actually see you could see it where you were were?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were eight We had eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 2: We weren't in that, but when it was at the peak even here, like again, we couldn't see it. It didn't we weren't in range. But the stillness that falls in nature, it's it's so potent. It's like, whoa, what's happening right now? It was really cool and it was cloudy here. It wasn't Sunday at all, you know, it was it was kind of stormy anyhow, and then everything went still.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, it was opposite here because we had eighty percent. Right, that's so cool and a perfectly like not a cloud in the sky.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there are people. It's funny. I was.
Speaker 1: I was actually texting with a friend and uh hold it was Tim and he lives in Florida and they only got like forty percent somewhere in the forties, I think is what they got. And a friend of his, I think, he said, went to Oregon, like paid for the trip, gonna yep, it was completely clouded. They couldn't see a damn thing. So I'm sending him pictures. She's like, I'm glad somebody is because my friend who went to Oregon couldn't see a thing.
Speaker 3: It's so funny, fun but it was, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was literally a perfect day. You couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Some people had their dogs out at the community center. I didn't bring Sukie because I didn't know what would happen to their eyes, you know, so, so I wanted to protect her eyes more than so. I don't know how she responded at that moment, because we were away from the house and I know that, you know, for us, we had to wear the glasses, you know. Yeah, so we wore the glasses to make sure we wouldn't you know, I don't know, burn our eyeballs, but I would assume the same thing happened with dogs. So I didn't bring her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's no, that's good. But dogs don't usually look at the sun.
Speaker 1: Well, oh that's fair, I guess not. I just overly protective dog bomb. But I will tell you really fascinating and and you all can't see me, but I'm wearing a hat right now. It's actually uh uh Garth Brooks Friends and Low Place's hat, just so you know, But I'm tipping it to my witchipoo that I just did because she slash you as I'm looking at you. Brenda has taught me during so many things in life, as we all know. But you know about pitta pitta pitta, which is an aravetic like you know, fiery right like, and you've told me, I don't know how many times you're like, uh, you don't need to be eating hot sauces all that kind of stuff, which I do.
Speaker 3: You might as well set yourself on fire.
Speaker 1: I do. I set myself on fire all the time. But here's what's funny during it's the clips because I'm also an EmPATH and I'm more attuned to that and try to take care of myself more. I found myself without consciously doing it, but recognizing after I did it, eating very bland food. I wasn't even doing my ginger shots and stuff even because that's also heat, which I love. But I found my body was telling me to not do that. And I think my body way smarter than my brain, is, way more intuitive, A different kind of wisdom, a different kind of wisdom was telling me not to do that because of the celestial event that was happening, and it was just fascinating because it was truly my It was the first time I've ever really noticed that. At least, the pit's a part of me where my body's.
Speaker 3: Like, no, don't read that clip.
Speaker 1: No, you're already on fire, no need to add. I mean I ordered, like at my favorite restaurant, which is the Tusuki Grill or just the Tusuki Market Grill, and the Tusuki is actually a tribe and it sounds like Suki, so I call her to Suki when we're there. But I order everything spicy because I love it. And I ordered like a club sandwich, not even with not even with like hatch green chilis on it. It was like plain as you could possibly get. And I'm and I and as I'm ordered, I'm like, and I'm in my I'm like, who am I? And then I'm like, oh, I know who I am. I don't want to set myself so much on fire that I actually like explode and I'm no longer here.
Speaker 2: It's spontaneous combustion, exactly right.
Speaker 1: And I think those really great advice. Over instance, we have another one coming up about knowing that this energy is there, knowing that the kind of fried edges happened too. I don't care who you are is to be sought because I love how you handled it. I just didn't eat jlapenos. You actually handled it in a way where I not of not setting other people on fire.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, try not to.
Speaker 2: But the two weeks before, I just noticed people would tell me about some edgy, super charged conversations coming out, people having strong reactions. And obviously, you know, when I'm when I'm coaching people, I need to weigh in and give them guidance and have them consider options to de escalate things. And in my personal life when people, you know, there's been a lot of family conversations and navigations. Both sides of my family have been experienced, uh, some people jumping the planet, so lots of things to coordinate.
Speaker 1: And and one of my favorite people, but go ahead, I.
Speaker 2: Know, and Darrin Lewis, And in these conversations, I'm like, Brent, stay in your lane. You don't need to weigh in. Just you know, let let that run its course. They will figure it out. They haven't asked for help, no reason to.
Speaker 3: Step in.
Speaker 1: Advice in general, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but especially doing this during.
Speaker 1: The eclipse because it's gonna set, because you're literally setting people on fire. You're throwing the match on the gasoline that's already poured all over them from the sky. It's Cosmo Petro and it's like, why throw a match on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And so my job just take it down, Just take it down.
Speaker 3: And I think that's so good.
Speaker 1: So we have some other EmPATH things we want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Just how do we take care of ourselves during the super intense time when you are super sensitive. So that's our conversation today.
Speaker 1: That's right, we'll be right back, y'all.
Speaker 3: Get that fire.
Speaker 1: Are we back? Wow? That was the crappiest intro re intro from a break that we've ever had. It's like your giggle experience, do it. It's like, y'all, y'all just need to understand. Brenda like showing me fingers three two and then she starts to giggle. I'm like, well, I guess we're back. This is actually the greatest way for an EmPATH to deal with life right now, which is with humor. Just FYI, So I you know, I think the eclipse was a great way for us to kind of start this conversation about how do we take care? How how can we be more aware and sometimes you know, maybe going against what your body feels, your nature may be something like that.
Speaker 3: And well and.
Speaker 2: Again, when when the environment gets really intense, instead of being overwhelmed by it or matching it, how can you make a strategic choice for self care and to actually serve the situation. Like I think that's that's what we want to talk about today, Like do we double down on the intensity or are we going to choose sanity?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Right? And I think let's be fair, there's something. There's a lot going on in the world around us that you can't avoid, you can't hide from, you know, whether it's in Israel or a Gaza or Ukraine, or it's our own you know, events that happen with floods and fires, tornadoes. It just seems like there's an awful lot more that goes on.
Speaker 3: That can't actually do anything right now.
Speaker 1: Or where shut down. Then there's that. But you know, as an EmPATH, and so those who know like an EmPATH like it because I'm very much you've called me in pathic since I think the day you met me, Brenda, I think you have in fact, I know you have.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: You know I feel everything you know, I can feel pain from other people their pain and it's tough because you kind of take it on. I can also joy as well. I mean, the past is not just the the hard part. It can also be a lighter as well. And with what's been going on, you know, and again, whether it is you know, the fires in Hawaii, you know, the the current bombings that are happening, you know across the big Giant Pond, I feel all that I feel. I can also feel the rage. I can feel the pain the families that have been utterly devastated, the fear also that people have, and.
Speaker 2: And the desperation and the people are in the situation and the people who are trying to find their loved ones or are worried for their loved ones, right, I mean, it's it's contagious.
Speaker 1: It is or not having and feeling of the not having resources. Again, whether it's Ukraine, whether it's in the the Middle East, it's very apocalyptic in that respect. And and again, and I also just want to be very clear. Everybody has a point of view on things. My point of view, especially when we talk about being empathetic, is just about human nature. Is about humans. It's not about sides. Nobody's taking sides in this conversation. The side that we have is yours, and the side is how can we take care of ourselves, especially those that are hyper empathetic or even normal. If you're normal, if you're like a five, you're gonna feel what's going on? Right, It's like, isn't so intense? How do people not? And so I was sharing with Brenda earlier that you know, the other day Suzanne said to me, she goes, I think you need to go take a walk. She goes, you because she could see my face. I mean, I can watch somebody here something. I have tears running down my face too. I get angry that comes out. And she's like, I think you just need to go be walk be with your dog. You don't go with unconditional love and go with the planet. Yeah, and with nature, go with nature, go with it, Go with your little critter that you love more than anything in the world with it's also true, and get walk away and you know what, I come back and I am a different person.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's the way to do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Moving the body is very helpful, very helpful. And also you know, finding out a positive way or a helpful way to have that emotional release now for you, it's getting on a plane and watching a movie crying.
Speaker 1: My ass off. Yeah, we're watching a Muppet movie, because I'm here to tell you those damn Muppet movies. I went when I was in college. I remember it was in like the either late eighties, early nineties, and it was the Muppet Christmas Carol. And I went by myself because nobody would go with me because there are a bunch of butts. And I went by myself and I was in the back of the theater by myself for real, and I am bowling at the Muppet so and then I watched it on a plane one time, so it was a double doozy.
Speaker 3: It was like plane and Muppets.
Speaker 1: Plane and Muppets get me every time. But to know that you can get that out though, like I love that I know who I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super it's super helpful. And so again for empathic listeners like this, this tension builds and you have to be really mindful of what you're consuming from media, whichever your media sources. I understand want to be informed, wanting to understand, super critical and don't over index on it, especially if it's going to fry you, right, so step away from that. And it could be I need to dance it out. It could be I need to listen to sad music and right because I hits the emotional field, so I need to have that sort of release. Super helpful. So there's all kinds of healthy options. But monitoring the consumption and then monitoring the self care of processing and releasing are going to be really helpful for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I have a go to and it's my song that when the world's really confusing to me, it seems to be more than I but it is. It's four non Blades and it's called What's Up. And it's like I know every word to that song, and I'll walk around and I'll sing it and I get it out of my body, because part of that is getting it out of your body. I also just recently, somebody asked me a really important question. I said, wait a second, and they go, what why, And I said, I'm dropping a ground in court. I need to make sure that I'm very clear on the answer that I'm giving to you, because you just asked me some thing really important, and I don't want everything else to influence what it is. And and so just I think that awareness, like you said, and finding that thing. I mean, there was a time when I years ago and living in la uh again, work could anger me. I mean it ankers most people. You know. It's not always you know, having cheese fondue in the Alps, and it sounds really good, doesn't it. Unless you're lactose intolerant. It sounds like a nightmare. So uh And and mine was I would ride my bike then, and because I remember telling people I was so incredibly mad before I got on my bike, but I can't remember what I was mad about now right again. Mine is the physical because they to me that's how I do it. Some people that yoga some people you know, it could be combination too, by the way, you don't do just one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just.
Speaker 2: Find you what it is, our phone a friend. Sometimes I just need to talk to someone. I need to giggle and write, find find some relief and remember that the world is bicker and that in the in the long run, everything's okay.
Speaker 1: Watch old episodes of Golden Girls. It works for me every time it does. Can I tell you during COVID because this reminds me a lot of what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: During the tension, especially at the beginning when we didn't know what was what it was so stressful.
Speaker 1: My sacred place was the Golden Girls and laugh all you want, but it actually worked, of course. Yeah, it was like it was time travel and I needed to time travel away from the present because I couldn't do anything about it.
Speaker 3: And like, wellthing you watched with your mom, right, and I go, oh, yes, yes, it was.
Speaker 1: I know. I always it's like it's like a fuzzy blanket to me. It's like Linus and Golden Girls is my fuzzy blanket because my mom and I, yes, I used to hang out on Saturday nights with my mother and because it used to air Saturday night and we would watch Golden Girls and we would giggle like little school while I was technically a schoolgirl and a good giggle like a school girl. So it is a very comforting thing for me. And so to know what those things are, because sometimes we do need to escape from what things are happening, not like permanently, but like just to get a kind of a grip and get your arms around things. I think that that's actually necessary, you know, And lately lately, you know, because I notice, like I think other m paths will probably agree, if you let that tension build up, you do explode because I can be. I am a very fiery human being and when all that pressure and that means I'm firing off at people who do not deserve my rage and my.
Speaker 2: Find Well, that's the thing. When you don't tend to it, when you don't tend to yourself, you don't tend if you're not paying attention to where how hiw your stress is getting, you can't you can't do anything about it, right, So it's gonna come out sideways. It just comes out sideways. So what do you what are you going to do? Call you know, the Ukraine and yell at them, called Russia, yell yell at them. No, you've got to be able to manage this yourself, right, right.
Speaker 1: Because also to know what you can and cannot do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: In fact, why don't we take a quick break and let's talk about that, because I think that's a really important thing to put things in perspective. So we're going to come back with a little perspective.
Speaker 2: Y'all be right back.
Speaker 1: Oh good lord, she brought us back with a giggle again, y'all. Another way, by the way, is humor. Don't forget that helping mechanism. But to your point what you were saying about, what am I going to do? Call up you know, the world leader of Ukraine. You know, of course you're not. And I think part of you know, we've always talked about how this is a really great quote and I don't think it's exact, because you know, I don't live in that world of exact is, but it was the quote is that we are not creatures that think and sometimes feel. We are creatures that feel and sometimes think, and if we're able to in these situations like we're living in today, is what you are in charge of and what you are not in charge of. I am not in charge of disasters in the world. I will do my part when it comes to like the like uh, fires and floods and things like that. I will help where I can, I will support where I can. I cannot control them. I will recycle, I will do my best to walk everywhere, you know, put solar on my roof whatever it is like. I can do those things, but I can't solve them all, just like you can't call Zelensky in Ukraine. Right, I don't think that in Yahoo would take my call, and so or any any other world putin definitely won't take my call. But to know that these are not things. These are things that we feel that we are the receiver of and things that we don't have power over. And to it that be like, you know what, I can only do what I can do. Whether you can comfort her. You can also be the person somebody calls instead of you the phone a friend. You can be the friend that can also be able to talk people through that or give them a hug, do whatever it is to help that release that anxiety, that tension. Like I just saw a new friend that we made in Las Vegas, New Mexico. For those that didn't know, there was a Las Vegas in New Mexico. And her name is Rachel and she owns this really great store there called Gather and Weave. How I remember all this as shocking today. And when I saw her, I went up to her and gave her the biggest hug and she goes, oh, that's amazing, and it's just like but that was a healing thing. You know, we all know I'm a hugger, we've talked about it, but it's like that's my way, and it's like and she has nothing to do what's going on. You know, she can't control it either, but she needed to feel that there's some goodness in the world. So sometimes if you can be that goodness in the.
Speaker 2: World right right, well, And the other thing is I think it's important to know what you can do, and offering a healing prayer yes right is super helpful and it matters because you know, instead of going after the they and them versus we are all connected, Yeah, we are right, and so remembering you're connected, I'm connected. There's no them, are there? That beautiful Buddhist loving kindness meditation that says, may I be happy, May I be healthy, may be free from inner or outer and outer harm. May I care for myself joyfully. May you be happy, May you be healthy, May you be free from inner and outer harm. May you care for yourself joyfully. May all be happy, May all be healthy, May all be free from inner and outer harm. May all care for themselves joyfully. Like letting that be that the sentiment. You may say those words, you may say something else, but that interconnectivity that we share as humanity. May that be activated in your heart space that just says we're all on this planet together. May we find our way because ultimately we all want the same thing. We all want the same thing. Look, I'm on a funeral tour in different states, you know right now, Like there's nothing like having someone jump the planet that gets you really clear about what's essential, right, and what we want is just the simple things to be happy, to be healthy, to be gathered with our loved ones, to be safe, right and have you know, basics of food, shelter, you know, all the all the things right, Ultimately, that's what matters. And so getting it down to simple frequencies and contributing to that instead of contributing the opposite of anxiety of you know, throwing lightning bolts and setting fires.
Speaker 1: Throwing fires baby on the on the cosmic pedro.
Speaker 2: Right, we can't we can't have you know, fire igniters. We need we need people.
Speaker 1: We don't need fire starters. Yeah, you're you're one thousand percent right, And and if you know you are one, like I know I'm one. And I say this with total and utter honesty and vulnerability because I know what I am and I am what I am. That, by the way, is from the great Doctor SEUs.
Speaker 3: That always Popeye.
Speaker 1: No you like to quote Buddha, I'll go Doctor SEUs and throw a little muppets in. Our poets come from different areas. But when you know what you are, do your best to keep the shadow self where it belongs and to not because like it is. My shadow self is that fire starter and I know it is, and she's come out to play a little bit lately and I don't like it. And in these celestial events combined with Earth events, disasters combined with human disasters wars right like we got the pylon, and how can we love care for all? And that's the other part of it, is that I don't care who you are. If you're gonna ask me to take a side, I'm not taking one because I'm taking humanity as my side. I have to otherwise, you know, bad Julie comes out to play and we don't want her to come play. So because I know who I am, right and so I'm calling out to you impass to like know who you are and to be so mindful and more and thoughtful about your actions, thoughtful about how you care for yourself in the process, and because you have so much power when you built up and your fire, because when you throw fire, you have power power. If that fire can destroy or it can illuminate, you get a pick i pick illuminate that you don't want to actually hurt others because you're hurting because you're feeling everybody else's pain.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: So that's our conversation today. We hope we gave you something to think about to contemplate.
Speaker 1: It wasn't light and fluffy, but we didn't have a few laughs.
Speaker 3: Go watch them up a movie.
Speaker 1: Go oh my god, y'all, seriously, if somebody will go, please go watch it and tell me if you cried, you'll be my new best friend, because it's a real thing. And then also watch some you know, tell me if you're mad, and then you go watch Golden Girls and you're not. Just can That's all I'm looking for. His little confirmation.
Speaker 2: Nice, All right, you guys, thanks for listening, and remember our school is hard.
Speaker 1: Without the other side in your witchi pood.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my olm hi anybody. Thank you for joining us. Everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us well we guide you.
Speaker 1: Hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, We want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories. And remember, our school is hard.
Speaker 1: Without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the Other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.