Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne Tha God.
Speaker 3: And guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast were taking Jay Valentine.
Speaker 2: We got the Women of All.
Speaker 3: Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, you don't want to miss this.
Speaker 3: Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 4: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sellers Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your load glasses Malone. So now it's like normally I do it on Sunday evenings. I do all my pads on Sunday evening because it's kind of like a slow day. Usually give me enough time to figure out how to make a conversation interesting, not like cause you know, I don't do it like other people.
Speaker 2: I don't cover weekly topics.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: This is not like a daily show. So one thing like going into season five and those seilings. I always try to wrap the idea and something that's grander, I mean, a bigger conversation to where if you heard it ten years from now, the conversation still could be relevant. Like I'm not knocking nobody who looks at this week's topics and be like, oh, yeah, well I'm gonna talk about this week.
Speaker 2: It's like I try not to do that.
Speaker 4: I try to. I try my best to make a grander conversation.
Speaker 1: Ain't the wrong with that? At least you're doing something the recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and it don't necessarily get you the instant weekly They don't get you the instant weekly impact if I talked about somebody fighting today or something that happened right today. But when you discover the podcast, if you discover the podcast five months from now, the conversation is still rich. Like people are hitting me every day as they discover no ceilings from something we was talking about in the third season. That's relevant right now.
Speaker 2: Still what you.
Speaker 1: Do evergreen content, you don't have to worry about that. I'm trying not to really cover weekly topics too, because just make your podcast get old fast.
Speaker 4: I mean to me, like if I was gonna do a weekly like a like a daily topic, I would need to do it every day, like the view of something, Yeah, Monday through Friday.
Speaker 2: Then I would cover weekly topics.
Speaker 4: But you know, if we given an eye like you know, once a week, It's like I'm trying to make sure the conversation is rich and wealth and wealthy and knowledge.
Speaker 2: I mean, some kind of perspective that's unique.
Speaker 1: You know. Speaking of that, man, I had a dude hit me up man from Detroit. Man, dude is just now getting out the Feds. He was a part of that. Like they had like a multimillion dollar credit card ring going at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that. No, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: They was going to go get you know, using the cars to buy gift cards at Walmart. They bought like a couple like maybe like five or six million dollars worth of gift cards or whatever. Yeah, we gonna have him on the show. Man. I want to you know, like talking to people like that is just interesting, man. Just a criminal mind is so interesting. Bro. We got some real genius people in the community. Bro, And which community in the black community? Like you know, some of these schemes these dudes be pulling off the pretty incredible they don't, you know, don't little bit of stuff.
Speaker 4: I try not to say the Black community because it's such a unique thing. I always try to say Black America because black community is so disingenuous in thought.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: It is some It's it's some people that be thinking of definitely how to pull some stuff off.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They don't play when it comes to pulling something off, you know what I mean. So I respect all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, managers now, bro, but.
Speaker 4: Do you wonder like still because it is Gangster Chronicles, Like I think that fits gangst the Chronicles, but it don't fit the evolution against the rap chronicles.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I think we always got a place to kind of like us. I think that's where the show started at it was throwing those type of people. Sure, I think it's cool to bringing in especially you know when they reach out to Ukon because they want to come on the show, you know, and I think that's good. When I kind of like that, I think it's just I think I think people make music about stuff like this. People make music about scamming out, and I think that's where that's where I kind of been envisioning, like kind of taking the show is this is getting arcuse. You know, this is our seventh season, so it's like I think about, like, way can I do it that nobody else is doing. I think that's cool to mix like the worlds of gangster rap with the actual people. That's like kind of like the muse for the gangster rappers.
Speaker 2: Sure, the culture itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the culture yourself. Like this dude was a scammering and they called They said, what was the name of the mom? Where were they names? Let me bread this for you right here. Your family was good. I'm from Detroit. A few years ago I was making my name on the music scene managing artists. I had got picked up by the Fairs and received the six year Since I'm out now, no snitching. You can look my name with Rodney gets five six nine two one dash of three nine. But I have an interacing story and me and my crew were part of a multi million dollar card ring. Just google Rodney gets Walmart Detroit. We the reason they changed the system with Walmart and the AT and T stores. I feel I got something new to share because the average story being told is the violence, drug kingpon story, except no fraud, big story that's never been told yet. Check us out. And I thought, da this little they had a little name for their crew, Dog, and they was they've like influenced rap groups in Detroit and everything else. And he manages some some dudes now in Detroit and the Flint that's kind of popping, like Rio to young Og.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what's the other dude's name on the real assigned to peasing, Yeah, yeah, he may manage them and stuff. So I thought it was you know, we got a really big following in Detroit and Chicago. Man, it's crazy, like two of the most outside of LA, like our three biggest markets of our fourth biggest markets are all cities is known for their gangsterism. Houston, Detroit, Chicago and LA. That's why I laugh. No, That's that's why I laugh.
Speaker 4: When people talk to me about they talk about some rapper as They'll be like, oh, this rapper did something for the culture, and I'm like, what did a rap orde for the culture? Like all rappers do is benefit from the culture. They don't do anything specifically for the culture. But again, that's where that word kind of gets confused when or like community, because the words themselves been watered down so crazy, like like the culture is the lifestyle itself. It's not the artistic expression which is the rapper. It's actually what's happening when it comes to how people are living. So like somebody will tell me something like, oh, you know this artist has been great for the culture, I'm like, how are they great for the culture?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I appreciate that. I think that's where people like Adam twenty two DJ Vlad, people outside of the culture dog they see it in its true form, so they know exactly who to talk to. While people that were brought up with it and in it their whole life we kind of trying to Like I had a really interesting conversation with my homegirl Barbie today and King and they were just telling me how they felt. They were telling me how they felt about like you could see they're trying to move away from the culture. They like glasses. Man, I don't know what we are supposed to do with the Crypt store, right, It's like, oh, you know, we need to make the Malone store. And I'm like, it's funny because people inside of the culture are trying to move out of the culture, like they feel like they have access to mainstream America.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I.
Speaker 1: Just love like in the middle of class podcast, I can get up and say hold on. We usually just keep y' all there waiting, crazy, right. I don't know. I think I do kind of agree with I think I do kind of I was just telling the people, see I think I do. I think we all do that as we get older, we try to move away from the culture. Because it's like I always tell you about the Crypt because all I think about now is how if something never happened where you know, you did get him some Like let's say we got in some shit one day, they would probably try to bring your crip affiliation up and try to throw you some serious time at you. I looked at some cat today they gave some time too. They was talking about he was a terrorist. Man. I mean, it's definitely gonna be misunderstood on a mainstream level for sure. But that's kind of the risk you run, you know, being a voice and a representation of lifestyle for people in these predicaments. So you know it comes with it's risk too, you know what I'm saying. But I think that's the confusion, right.
Speaker 4: You take somebody like Vlad or Adam or Flock or people that didn't grow up necessarily baptized in street urban culture. They I don't know if they water it down as much as they Okay, so there's the people who give. Well, first off, this is no ceilings. Welcome to the fifth season. Thank y'all for getting us to this point. I got my big brother, Steve Peter's on vacation. We was behind, so we made sure we still got it in to have fresh episodes. I didn't want to put up a stream for the lunch hour. You know, there are some great conversations. I still wanted you to have, you know, new places to examine and thought, you know what I'm saying, So here we are.
Speaker 1: I think there's part do that.
Speaker 4: You know what I don't know, because I'll give no ceilings in the lunch our credit shout out to the lunch Table, but like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you know the people, the people on a lunch hour that already heard that conversation, they could look forward to no ceilings to hear something fresh and new. You feel what I'm saying. It's like me with gangst the chronicles. I never put up I try not to ever put up like used material. You feel what I'm saying. It's like because it's not good. I think we've been around too long and our audio audience is way too big for us just to be kind of bullshiting with people like that.
Speaker 2: You know, you know it's funny.
Speaker 4: I really feel like I should put fresh material up on Tuesday, right, and then give them the three episodes because there's a group of people who never heard the Lunch Table on YouTube, on digital soapbox, on the stream. So I notice all of these conversations are so rich and I mean intellectually they are so special.
Speaker 2: You feel me.
Speaker 4: So it's like, but back to the point Adams last flock, Oh, different people they see the value in street urban culture, not hip hop, where it's the artistic expression of street urban culture or the elemental expression, but the actual culture itself, you know, not the round place Master Jay in his essence, and they see the value in it. Meanwhile, we're running away from street urban culture.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you what all these dudes do, and they got successful programs supporting y'all call me a hater. I'm far from hater. I maud with them dudes do. They do a very good job of what they do. And I can't really say Vlad, but I noticed Adam has moved more to urban culture. And it's find that funny because once he visited the gainst the chronicles, he went back to his shows trying to do gangster shit because he just was so like trying to figure out what it was. And I guess in his mind that's what it was that we was doing or whatever, you know, because Alex Alonso to me, he kind of you know, Alex Alonzo on what's my other man's name? From over there from sixties from Princeshaw. Yeah, fact, huh, Jev Mac, keV Mac. I think keV Mac and Alex Alonzo are kind of like the inventors of the hood blog. You feel what I'm saying of going straight to the hood and talking to different people from the hood. I think what Gangster Chronicles did. I think we kind of was the evolution of what they were doing, in which we had people actually sitting down having conversations with them. You feel what I'm saying the podcast formatte you had a guy who was kind of like the sociality, just the police officer with loose, loose morol code. You feel I'm saying that the crooked officer with somebody.
Speaker 2: When we came up.
Speaker 4: When we came up with gangst the Chronicles, I always saw it as the criminal, the criminologists, and the person who saws the crime. So the premise was built on crime, right, and it made sense for that caz versus like I always tell you what you eight and let's say somebody else in gangst the rap, the conversation ship shift against the rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: But I do think there's a value that other people outside are they see the value in. But I'm telling you it's because we don't see value and inspiration. Like It's funny when I listen to people talk to me about street urban culture and they see it as degenerates like I think that's how like like like, uh, what's the man from a what was Samuel L.
Speaker 2: Jackson's character in Django.
Speaker 1: Jingo? What's what's his name, Stevens. That's how I feel like, But that's how I feel people look at like he would he would have been calling slaves, degenerates or lazy.
Speaker 4: So when I watch somebody like a black man in America, you know what I mean, who trying to follow the laws and shit talk about people who trying to get ahead, like without caring about the laws, they call them degenerates. I'm like that always gives me like like house negro vibes, you know what I'm saying, Like I don't like that. Like, don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging brothers to go out and commit crimes.
Speaker 2: Like that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you I don't judge brothers who go out and commit crimes because I always I realize every law here has been made to keep us, you know, back. So it's like, how could you really be a pro black person in America and be like, well, I'm gonna follow the rules, Like if you was following the rules two hundred years ago, you know what I mean, Like, it ain't that different.
Speaker 1: I think it goes twofold little bro. I think it's like this. I definitely agree with you. I think every law pretty much written in this country has been written to impede the black man. I believe that people are intimidated. I think people are intimidated by us man for so many reasons. And I think it's kind of like a guilt guilt trip. You feel what I'm saying That people know that their answers don't did stuff wrong, and in most cases they've done stuff wrong. I never will forget one time. You know. I've always been an executive gee right boy, and this cat that I work with, man, you know, from one of the supplier houses. Man, I keep their names out of us so we don't get suited. Now with a supplier houses. He had called me about something that we had to do in Atlanta, right, and I said, okay. He called me back by asking, and I figured that because he kind of called me right back, or I said, you know what, maybe he forgot to tell me something. I hear him in the background going, you fucking nigger, you black b word you this and that, you shit color. He just had so many colorful ways to call somebody black dog. I was just kind of like shock. So, you know, you kind of sitting in the phone and you're listening to somebody, and so then I just hung up. Then he called me back, like I said, oh man, my bad. I was talking to one of my friends and we play around a certain kind of way, and I just laughed. I said, Man, if you're gonna be a racist man, you gotta be hard. I said, that's what I don't respect about y'all praised as motherfucker's in LA and the West Coast. Y'all would be prejudiced and the motherfucker but act like y'all like black people. The white people back home as prazied as they really praised us. They just said, fuck you. I'm glad you gird that, you black motherfucker. I can respect that a lot more.
Speaker 2: Don't know about all that I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: But think about it. G the people in Ohio to me aren't the threat. I would be more concerned about the motherfucker asking like he liked me, and that motherfucker's moving covertly. The motherfucker back to the crib. I know where they're staying Mmm, yeah, you see what I'm saying. I know where they see and they tell you.
Speaker 4: But before we get looser and start going, you know what I mean, like all over the place. Back to I digress to the point of like the inspiration has value, street urban culture itself has value. So I get why you know Gangster Chronicles has a value. I just think it'd be better if we like pushed it to SBTV.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know all that changing shit, man. I think I think it's going where it needs to go with the gangst the rap stuff. It's like I think when you overthink stuff, man, it becomes less spontaneous and it starts you don't think things belong to certain drawers, not really. I think that's how shit gets.
Speaker 2: Stayed your drawers and your T shirt and the same drug.
Speaker 1: I think that makes it interesting sometimes because everybody is putting they shit in certain drawers. Everybody has their life kind of categorize. But this should be here initially here when it should be like, just do whatever the fuck you want to whatever it's dope. I'm gonna tell you somethinghere. You know that most did you know that most hip? Let me tell you an interest in fact, most hip hop records that are hits out the key. You know that, right?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: But hip hop is hip hop is not correct, But that's what I'm saying. So if hip hop is not correct, I actually lived my life more with hip hop stock see g. You know, what's the person For a person to be so into the culture like you are and really a part of it, you really more like a school teacher or something. You probably live your life more like a school teacher. A person that does a lot of thinking, real deliver first, not necessarily. I used to think how you thought where it was just what's dope?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: Now I understand what brings the business to the business, right, It's like it's like it's like I get why In and Out does better business than all kinds of.
Speaker 2: Other restaurants, especially Hamburger Man.
Speaker 4: So even to say like a mediocre Hamburger as you referenced it, right, it is doing so well. It's because it's the consistency and quality and they're specialists.
Speaker 1: We're talking food. Not nobody can see they not you know what, In and Out is a very California specific thing, and they're in Dallas. They're not as big and Deablas as they are out here, they're not in Dallashit. Yeah they are, yeah there down there.
Speaker 2: Then they just started, but it's only a matter of time. So it's like.
Speaker 4: I was having this conversation with the same with Barbie and King and they were just they they keep trying to make Walmart, and I'm like, Walmart only works because it's dirt cheap.
Speaker 2: If Walmart was expensive, wouldn't work.
Speaker 4: Like when people spend money, when they invest energy and time and money into something, they really want a specialist, you know what I'm saying. So I just think that I think that's why people do better outside of that grew up that grew up out of it, Like like we grew up inside of street urban culture, but people who grew up outside of it, like they know exactly what it is, so they've got to play that.
Speaker 1: You think about this, there are more people like that than there are, like people that understand what street coach reels. That's the problem. Now you got a bunch of weird motherfuckers watching weird motherfuckers online all get their thing off what they think street urban coach reels. And it's crazy.
Speaker 4: But I don't think they even worried about what street urban culture is. I think the people that do know, they have the consistency of it. Like no Jumper like Flad like like those platforms.
Speaker 1: So you think, so you think jump street urban coach reels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why they keep going to get guys from the street urban coaching.
Speaker 1: I don't think they know. I think they go get people that they do know that they pretty much know where. I don't think it's them though. I think it's pretty much the other people on there. It's like this, when you had the Homies A D and all them over there. It was the same shit. You know, you keep going to going to go get the same thing. They made it crack. But the thing is, you know what I will say, and I ain't gonna do that to Adam. Adam is very he's very in tune. Now. I will say this about that motherfucker. I really fucked with his show when he was doing the hip hop shit, the kind of because you know, I like that kind of I like some of that underground shit, you know, I think it's very interesting. So you know, I liked some of that early stuff, Like I liked when he had like when he was messing with like the the trippy red.
Speaker 4: I did Adam, I did Adam with you parking must died when he was at the bike shop. But he was also going to the artistic expression of street urban coaching.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 4: It's like soul food versus actually just using the seasoning itself. So now he's realized, like, I don't got to go through the artistic expression to get to the culture. Like I'll just go get shout out to Nami four Extras. I just go get somebody from the culture. I go get brick Baby from six to so, I go get for Extras from forty. I'm gonna go get the culture itself. I'm gonna get Sharp Sharp as a pimp.
Speaker 1: But but all those people really from hip hop culture. It's like the four Extra dude is. He's a rapper, but he's more known for this other stuff. I heard his music and it was very mundane.
Speaker 4: His music wasn't good, but that's not so this is another I have you asking people what's good? You just call in and out right a regular mediocre burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say, and I won't say four Extra is whack. He definitely has something there, but it's kind of mundane. It's something I've heard before. It's nothing unique about what he does.
Speaker 4: You missing the point of why it's going to be successful or why like Jello, Yes, because people don't buy, people don't just listen. He no more successful as an online character. Ain't nobody goes streaming that ship? I bet you that to you.
Speaker 1: Donna lost a couple of bets to me, trust me, I know he's there's nothing unique like when you think about these other individuals that are in street urban culture.
Speaker 4: You want one bet because you know somebody that was helping on a case. You ain't one through that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you about this music because I know a little bit more about you. I've seen about you more. It's like, that's the thing about you trying to tell these images, Bro, that's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: It's worked every time for who?
Speaker 1: For who else? You think every rapper that successful really got talent and rap. Some of them got got good songs. Hell yeah, Cardi b got good records, cracking ass records.
Speaker 2: Had a bunch of people write records.
Speaker 1: It was an image, don't They was jamming records regardless who wrote.
Speaker 4: So you could take so you could take somebody from street urban culture like a stripper culture. Put her in with somebody that can write good record as long as she has a decent and I mean her ship is decent. She barely could wrap the words, like the words are too much for her mouth. And I can hear it, but the average person can't hear it. So all you got to do is take somebody from the street urban culture, like a stripper, develop her brand who.
Speaker 1: Lets you get off on Cardi like that Cardi do her ship.
Speaker 4: Though I'm not getting off on Cardi. I'm just saying Cardi is no different than for extras. She's weapon.
Speaker 2: No if.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I didn't like when she did Christ, But that's not what I'm talking about. That's that's not that's irrelevant. I'm telling you she's not somebody who's a career rapper. She's not a career writer. She's not this dope MC like.
Speaker 1: She she got some ship to her. She got off every time I'm talking, but she got some shit to her.
Speaker 4: That's not what I'm saying. Still, I'm not saying she don't have good records. I'm telling you somebody's writing great record for it. I'm telling you this is a perfect example. If you take somebody like four Extras who is developing his brand. People could register what the street urban culture brand is and you put them with problem and problems start to write some shit for him. It would be the biggest thing because this is not about music. It's about culture first music, So it would probably it might work. Then it might work then, but that's what I'm saying. It might work then I'm telling you now as it is, and that's if he would let somebody develop him. You feel what I'm saying, Like, I don't know if that's possible. Of course it is, man, Everybody can't be taught.
Speaker 1: Though. I'll tell you this about that's one album still and I'm gonna tell you, yeah, she does. She's scared to put out something else. And that's a whole nother story. But I'm gonna tell you, like this, bro, the problem with some of these dudes is you know why I would never invest into one of these little young dudes some game culture. You'll lose your money. If I put fifty sixty Brad, we put fifty two, one hundred racks to one of these kids, we lose our Money's they either be in fucking dead or they gonna be in jail. This little motherfucker is stupid. Why are you gonna get a Snoop dog? Now? Snoop as sense dog. It was a way difference between him and the other dude, Snoop as sence life. But he also had an immense talent that got coopled with a dude that was able to really mold that talent. Snoop was the ship dog.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm telling you what happened to.
Speaker 1: Dogs, stupid stealer ship Snoop is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 1: We always talk about these to these new people dog, and that's true. We can do that because it's all about youth, right. Snoop Doggy Dog is the greatest, probably the greatest rapper of all time, the most long standing career. I would say him in too short for the greatest sport is not as too short, it's not as much of an international friend. But these guys have amazing careers. Dog, They're staying at test of time. Snooper is in the men's talent. Snoop is a generational talent.
Speaker 4: I'm not disagreeing with that, but I keep telling you your confusion like I was saying earlier is that the general population can identify great talent, And I'm telling you they can.
Speaker 1: For the most part, they get it right. They do a good job of getting the right. No, they don't because these people that you mentioning, gee, they only go so far. Like look at this. If people didn't know what was happening, Kendrick wouldn't be sailing like he do. People recognize, Okay, he is very good. That's why he's That's why bro. I listened to the radio today when I was in the car. Out of ten songs that they may play every thirty minutes, six of them, motherfuckers are his.
Speaker 2: You ever know why that is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I think you're conflating different things and dodge situation again, it's a different situations.
Speaker 2: Let's rewind back.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you hip hop is street urban culture built on top of Black music. I'm telling you hip hop are really is not necessarily the greatest, most musical genre of music. It's very much a street urban cultural thing built on top of Black music. Like listening to G Thing shout out to Dre and Dogg. It's not quite listening to Leon Haywood. I want to do something freaky Like it's still a level of musicality that exists in Leon Haywood's original version of I Want to Do Something Freaky to You versus Doctor Dre and Dog's g Thing, But with dogs and Dre's g Thing even surpasses the musicality. Like you said, the music version or the talent of Leon Haywood is in street urban culture, which gives it this unique perspective that represents such a minute prop of the United States of America or even the world's population, and that type of styling of music with just a good amount, just a good amount of musicality creates the biggest records.
Speaker 2: Like and this is where me and you always.
Speaker 4: Disagree at do you feel like hip hop is about music? I realized for sure you're wrong. Now I listen to you your time, but I know you're wrong on this right. It is more about street urban culture built on top of black music. So you could have some of the fast musical people in the world, but they will not be able to pass and hip hop because hip hop first is about it.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Tyler the creator, like, like, where is he at? He's not a game band?
Speaker 2: What is game? See now? You're being ignorant, But I'm.
Speaker 1: Your whole life of street urban culture. You know, damn Will Street urban culture don't got nothing to do with thing is. He's more of a skateboard culture. That's more skateboard culture, bro.
Speaker 4: So that don't say Tyler because Tyler is a street skater. He's street urban coaching.
Speaker 1: That's that's he's a skater dog gun Will Smith very successful. Tell you he got punched in the face. Who Will Smith? When he was doing his thing. It's all kind of people.
Speaker 4: Give you a number that you keep acting like these people are not street urban culture, like there's some kind of musicians.
Speaker 2: None of these people.
Speaker 1: What you're saying is you're saying that the hard body gang bangers from South Central, if they get mobile, somebody gonn write them a rep. They gonna be up there. What they crippled in their rhymes.
Speaker 4: The world Never you're being intellectually lazy. I never said that. You're being ridiculous. No, I'm just telling you what you're saying.
Speaker 1: He play it back to you.
Speaker 2: Don't worry everybody listening. They gonna realize I didn't say.
Speaker 1: That that's what they can do. They gonna know exactly gonna say still, he was right. She was on some bs.
Speaker 4: I never said what you're saying. You and Charlomagne favorite go to is whenever I talk about street urban culture, you make it about gang banging.
Speaker 1: Because that's what it is about you. That's why you call it. Instead of calling your store Glass of Malone Store or the Glass of Malone Space, you had to call it the Crypt Store because you that.
Speaker 4: You because I realized hip hop is not about me. It's about us. I keep telling you. Hip hop is not the story of me. It's the story of we.
Speaker 2: And the we that I am a part of. It's crips in bloods of Los Angeles. So the Crypt Store is the WE store, even though I am the Crypt the lope, it's the WE store.
Speaker 1: Me. What's the kid out of New York's married to the umbrella? Is married to what's the chicken Umbrella? Is he? No? But what does gang banker have to do anything that you just said? You said the street urban culture, the crips. No, that's the part that I am. A sap is a part of the A set. Yeah, asap mobs and hip hop stuff, good boys and some good boys stuff.
Speaker 4: It's not good boys running around New York terrorizing people.
Speaker 2: He just got off a trial for shooting one of the members.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for self defense. He's a man. I didn't say he was a pussy. What do you think gaming is shooting somebody? Because it's just what Thursday?
Speaker 2: Just because I would shoot somebody.
Speaker 1: G if somebody acting like something a gang banging is different.
Speaker 2: Do you think people just to shoot each other?
Speaker 1: Colors?
Speaker 2: Random ship you're lying to have and I'm and men find.
Speaker 1: That you saying is random? No, But the thing is is like this. You have people who are gangsters, you have gang bangers, people who have no sense of just pressing people for nothing. What's up? Cuse? What's up? Blood?
Speaker 2: That has nothing to do with That's an ignorant person.
Speaker 4: It don't matter if that person was a police officer, a gang member, anything, He's still an ignorant. Motherfucking he's gonna be tripping that. Don't you act like gangs has something to do with it. They don't be like, hey, go around and just press people.
Speaker 1: Everybody else follow the rules. Everybody else tend to follow the rules of society.
Speaker 4: That don't make sense. We just said Tyler the creator is a street skater. They're gonna skate where they want to. That's one of the oldest, not the street skater. And now I said he was a skater, he'd probably be skating with guys in Santa Monica for all we know. So you think he skates where you're supposed to skate only at.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no skater does that. All skaters have a little All skaters have rebellion within them wherever they want to. Well, see you equating that the gangster stuff. See, I'm gonna tell you that.
Speaker 2: Your you're a Quainton Street.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. The boy that got a big record. From what I understand, he turned the ball boy with that whoa whoa, I heard he turned it out.
Speaker 4: Sure is he street urban coaching. Sure his dad is LeVar Ball. That's like Chris, that's like your son, your son street urban culture. He didn't grow up in the ghetto, but you was daddy. Yeah, so he get it past.
Speaker 2: Then it's not a pass. But that's what raised some asshole.
Speaker 4: Probably he was probably raised with his daddy calling in my eyes, sohole, carly my nigga at seven, LeVar Ball when LiAngelo Ball came home at five years old, because somebody.
Speaker 2: Was hitting him, and he told Lvar.
Speaker 1: You know what LeVar told him, when you go back to school, hit that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: LaVar Ball did not tell that little boy. He did not tell Jello go find a principal and tell on him. He said, if somebody put their hands on you, you need to hit him back. That's the first hip hop lesson. That's the first street urban culture lesson that most of us learn. If that though, no, that's not some Pete's mother, Peat's mother told him go find the principal, and Pete's father told him, do not do anything. Don't put your hands on nobody. I don't want to get sued. I'm pretty sure. Guess what they're white people. It's black white suburban Yeah, it's some black suburban people too. I don't think will Smith told Willow go find the prince.
Speaker 1: I think will Smith definitely told somebody if they put their hands on him, the scrap back. I don't think will there.
Speaker 4: Was no pomp, but you it's not See see how you're conflating the two. It's not about being a punk. Street urban culture is not following the rules. It's not about punks or not punks. There's regular, everyday civilian people who follow the rules that are not punks. Street urban culture is when you don't follow the rules, like when you go to scoorl somebody put your hands on you. The rules are to go get a tense teacher or tell a principal. Right, that's the rules I.
Speaker 1: Was talking to put their hands on you. I remember I was running home one time and my mama was there talking on the phone. Do you remember how your mama used to have the phone call with the stretch way across the house. No matter where they was at, they could be in the backyard on the damn phone, the phone stretching out there. She was in the kitchen washing dishes, and I had to run past the window, and she saw me run up the things, saw some nigga down at the end with a full beer, and I tried to get in the door. She locked the door on me, put the lest She said, she said, what you running? She said, what's you running from that punk? For it? She said, you better go out there and whoop his ass. And guess what I did, you whooped it. I whooped out there and whooped his ass.
Speaker 2: Because Irene was raising somebody a street urban culture.
Speaker 1: She wasn't after now, she said, hold on, Betty, put the phone that's on. Wouldn't do this in the house and call the police, the proper authorities. So again, you keep trying to see this. Dude had to be about three or four years older than me. Yeah, but you probably was too much.
Speaker 2: Is bigger?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he had a beard and shit though, that dude was Leon. Shout to Leon. He's probably in the prison right now. He was just destined to go on the wrong path. So all I'm saying to you still is all to you is street urban culture.
Speaker 4: Don't mean you're some kind of gang member, like a gang member is just an organized bunch of people.
Speaker 2: They're not even organized.
Speaker 4: It's a group of people that are together that break the rules, even like like a tightler like I tell you, even a tighter like a skater like from street urban culture.
Speaker 1: They go, they got friends they break the rules with. If you do something, if you yeah, if you do something, one of them our future.
Speaker 4: Do ask the little singer dude, what's the little singer dude? That's that's the game.
Speaker 1: He squabbled.
Speaker 2: Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Beat Chris Brown.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he wanted to fight Chris Chriss squabb a little bit. But I'm saying he put up a squabble.
Speaker 1: It don't matter. He didn't go tell them, He didn't go obey the rules and go tell the police.
Speaker 2: He squabbled him down rules. When you don't upbraid the rules, you ain't no different than.
Speaker 1: A crypt Oh No, I want to find out why I'm to squabbing now. Did he touch Christopher Bluey ba axon or something.
Speaker 4: This ain't no gay, This ain't no gossip column. Still, this ain't TMZ, I ain't Harvey, ain't no.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't do gossip. That's not what we do on those sitting We don't gossip.
Speaker 1: That's not gossip. That's a real I don't care why they fought. They squabbled, that's all I cared about. They squabbled each other, they got cracking that shit. It don't matter what it was over. And I expect nothing less from Frank Ocean because he grew up in street every culture. Same thanks for Chris Brown. Chris Brown, it ain't about the powerby report. You grew up in street every culture, for sure. His mama told him, don't let nobody put their hands on you. That's the expectation gang gang member.
Speaker 2: That's not about gang still, it's Chris and non gang member.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna tell you why the people you're trying to gag member the first time somebody put your hand on your son, what you tell them?
Speaker 2: Go tell the principals exactly.
Speaker 1: Hell, you better fight you, but not be letting nobody put their hands on you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But not be letting nobody put their hands on you. He's a gang member. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What separate me and Chris.
Speaker 1: The fact that you at Krip What that means you are a criminals smooth standing in the gang, supposed stepping with still a villain smacking up all the holes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm just saying, I know that you have this ridiculous expectations of gangsters or gang members or gang bangers.
Speaker 1: You know what, For me, I'm surprised I'm not a gang banger man, because I'm gonna tell you this, All my friends, every friend I have, with the exception of probably one or two, are from somewhere and not saying that the most prolific gang bangers, but they're from a gang and what.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be because we all grew up in the coaching.
Speaker 1: They are from a gang. There the game that I'm just arounded by criminals.
Speaker 2: That's what happened. I just don't understand.
Speaker 4: And it goes back to the point that I'm saying Still it's like, I I just hate that when I say street urban culture, y'all automatically go to gang bangers.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's what you're talking about. Bro. You promote a lot of gang stuff. How I can't promote it.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: You have to say at the Crypt store because it's about we, it's not the ray kuin stores, the Woo Tang store.
Speaker 1: Well, wake Down probably got his own store though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it ain't popping like the Wu Tang store.
Speaker 1: Because it's a different I would probably agree.
Speaker 2: So how y'all will get mad because I understand the wire And this is what I read.
Speaker 1: Don said it's the movement the week, but he said it ain't no Big three, it's just big me. He single week and like Dang with the program, but his movement is PG Lang and power rules. See again the gang stuff for the pow room now big group of friends. Since he let people know that there was the prior program over there, he saw the game more records. That's because more people can be PI rules than they could just be one person. I want to be represented. Still, we get mad when we get a person in position that don't represent us. Imagine a black man going out just doing whatever you want to, like Kanye, you get mad. You want them to represent you. That's what makes hip hop special compared to other genres. It's let me heard this hip hop on the line, he teetered the line, Yes, he's about far away from me. Bro. I see the stuff that Kanye be doing. Man, but I don't know if he hip hop more so that is he's a narcissist or something like that.
Speaker 2: Hip hop people could be narcissists.
Speaker 1: He's a very narcissistic dude. Man. I love Kanye's music, you know, like Kanye is in Craig that's genius. But I think he's very narcissistic. I mean, you don't know him. Huh, you don't know. I know from what I see. From what I see he has a narcissistic viewpoint. Is how he's marketing himself.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. All you know is how he's marketing himself.
Speaker 4: It's like McDonald's one hundred percent beef patties because that's how they market himself.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this about Kanye West, man, Kanye West got some of the best music of this last century, the last hundred years.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go that far, but I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Kanye got some call stuff that Beautiful Morning. It's okay, beautiful Morning, man, that's that song is dope. I like Ultralight being more than that on that album The Flashing Lights. That's hard. Oh man, I'm gonna tell you. Can't tell me that. It is probably one of the hardest hip hop songs of all time.
Speaker 2: It's his song. But I like what you know about that more and can't tell me nothing. Sign producer.
Speaker 1: I think everybody would disagree with you want that.
Speaker 2: I don't, man, Look y'all don't really have soul.
Speaker 1: I have soul. So see that's you. If somebody don't agree with you, everybody is wrong and you right. Yes, another narcissistic ways, your narcissistic crypt ways or God sent me to be yourherd. That's what your things should be. That's what your name should be. Glasses the n C and your like GM no more G No you know what n seed the Narcissistic.
Speaker 4: Crypt Narcissistic Podcast, Narcissist Narcissistic because I don't let you have ignorant ideas around me.
Speaker 1: You just want to have narcissistic view. I'm asking if you don't agree with him, you don't have no soul.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm telling you you got mad as I said a difference, and you could have just left it there.
Speaker 2: You could have said, you know what, that's your song. You know what you did?
Speaker 4: You tell me the rest of y'all don't agree, Oh well, you know more people that don't mean y'all. Right, y'all really have ship taste. Y'all may make Donald's no more restaurant in the world.
Speaker 1: So you didn't like Father stretching, stretch my hands.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool. I'm not a big into that.
Speaker 1: That's a dope because you know you don't want to see you like the easy hip hop pep it ain't going fump, but the Crypt.
Speaker 4: Like being on that Old Lady and the Babies. I like Altright being on that album more. It's a song before that, and they got more soul. Old Lady and All the Babies with my three eighty frantish I'm burning with the dirty hand.
Speaker 1: That's what she was like like this.
Speaker 2: I like like being on that album. That's a song or two before that that has more soul.
Speaker 1: Did you like Niggas and Pears? Sure, it's my god, that's the hippo boy between it. Yep, shout out a little bro. Did you like Carnival? Uh? I like it?
Speaker 2: I like everything that Ty Dollar songes.
Speaker 1: How about Flashing Lights is another Genia song.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite Kanye songs. That was my favorite Kanye West album is Yay?
Speaker 1: Yeah Kanye. You know he got some good albums, man. Yeah. I think though, I think, you know, with Genia is like him. I think Kenner Lamar is probably surpassed where he at now, though, would you think so?
Speaker 4: I mean, what's funny is before gn next, I had a hard time putting the homie on the same level as the guys I grew up to. I thought he was their version of their generation. I mean, their version of this generation. That's the Snoop and Cube of their generation, right, So I looked at it that way. Now I have to kind of after after this last twelve months, now he's slipped into my generation. He's like on the guys that I grew up enjoying. He's on their neck. He's on dogs neck, he's on cubes neck, he's on Dre's neck. He's on like the best of the best guys that I grew up listening to here on the ass.
Speaker 1: So then you know what, I you something dope hip hop breeds the other dope hip hop because every generation we have a dude that's like that dude, right, then it's somebody younger that comes and kind of does a little bit better than he did, you know, not necessarily smashing or whatever, but hip hop. I'm really excited now to see where hip hop is gonna go. Man, I think hip hop is gonna be just fine. I think hipp I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think J Cole had stepped out of there. And when at what Niles and his predecessions are, he hasn't quite.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying he's more of a generation than he is becoming all time when like I haven't found the right reasons to make him pursue not like put him in the same category as Nas all his predecessors, the best, the best of his predecessors, so like he quite hasn't had this outcast moment, his his NAS moment. You know, those the big guys in his styling of music.
Speaker 1: You knew who I think you know who I think Dotty is right now. I think that is where I three three thousand was in the culture. But like just more don't even have a solo album, so we're not gonna do that. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. That is more magnified. But that sounds a lot like him.
Speaker 2: You could tell there is no Andre at three thousand, there's only our casts.
Speaker 1: You sound ridiculous. One of the greatest raptors ever. No, he's part of one of the greatest group seven he doesn't have. So he's a great artist. He's a very lauded and critically, you know, critically acclaimed. They love him.
Speaker 2: No outcast is critically a claim. He doesn't happen any great rappers.
Speaker 1: They always mixed nine three three thousand. That's because they're ridiculous. He's not a solo rapper. They don't agree with you. They mixed him for a reason. He's very dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they also ignorant. That's cool, they're just wrong.
Speaker 1: Who's wrong? So everybody. So all these great writers and bloggers just they just got it wrong. You got it right.
Speaker 2: I mean you would at least would imagine somebody needs to have a solo song to be in this conversation.
Speaker 1: He wanted to the man didn't want to rap no more. You know what I think happened to them?
Speaker 2: Why he never put a solo song before this?
Speaker 1: He did have a solo song. He did, Yes, he did. No, he has one solo song, Mom and dad, because they understand he had a whole album. That's not that's an outcast album. He had a whole album on an outcast album. But he had a whole one. But you miss me exactly.
Speaker 2: Listen, and.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even need to have an album. It's just a McDonald album. All you're doing is McDonald's to me. All you're doing is telling me McDonald's I don't care about what I'm telling you, and has went out of his way. You speak, let me speak without you catering to people's ignorance. Andre three thousand has went out his way to not be a solo artist, only for you to keep trying to.
Speaker 2: Make him a solo artist.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it. Out Cast is one of the greatest critically acclaimed acts of all time. Andre three thousand has a flu album. I don't quite know the critique or that's his solo album. There's no rapping on it, not even one verse.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and his verses were so potent in the group that he's.
Speaker 2: Just one hat.
Speaker 4: His versus are just one half of a great song. Is one third of a great song. Big Boy is a great verse, and there's probably a great hook. I don't understand. Look, man, sometimes we don't have to do public opinion.
Speaker 1: I ain't doing public opinion. I'm gonna tell you what it is. I mean, three thousand might actually be the go prime Mindree three thousand was so artistically phenomenal Andre three thousand, it is. He's a He's a phenomenal artist. It ain't nothing going with Andre in that company. There's no Andre three thousand. That's only Outcast, Outcast, Andre three thousand, three thousand, it's one of the greatest raferences of all time. Gee, where you.
Speaker 2: Getting the greatest groups of all time?
Speaker 1: No, he is. You're trying not to get it to him because you probably never even listening to him. I've heard every Outcast album what's his verse on players ball stop as it's a verse on a great song. It's beginning to look a lot like ones follow my every.
Speaker 4: Doing one half of an outcast song for me, I know outcast album. I'm telling you there's no Andre three thousand albums, so to compare Kendrick, who has six or seven solo albums.
Speaker 1: Then the corner of my cadillact my heart does not gonna put the pat for no rat. I'm leaning back my elbows out the window because I can ENDU feels my body. Where's the party? Oh? That nigga was hard dog the way y'all disrespect, I hope big boys slap you on your face. Big boy is hard too, Like, no, don't do what you're doing herd y'all because y'all are y'all are the greatest disrespect to Big Boy ever in this great one. It's one of the greats of all time. They booth was great. They're a part of our make Big Boy look bad. There is no Andre. Andre is a flu Andre three Stacks is a flutist as a solo actor. Andre three Stacks as an older man, that's what he choose to do.
Speaker 4: No, he only asked one album as a solo album, and it's a flu album. He's a flutist.
Speaker 1: He's a rapper. He come back and rapp anytime he wants you. You don't hold on. This is what Genius says about him. Often regarded as one of the best rappers of all time. Atlantic George is Andre and Atlanta George is Andre and Loren Benjamin, better known by his stage name Andre three thousand. It's also a singer, songwriter, record producer, multi instrumentalist, and actor, best known for his work as one half of the hip hop dual Outcast along with his partner and Ryan big Boy allten. Regarded as one of the greatest rappers ever, Genius said.
Speaker 2: This, I don't understand why you're telling me what Genia.
Speaker 1: Said, because there's a million other people who agree with me.
Speaker 2: Y'all ignorant. There's a million people that think niggas just still all the time too.
Speaker 1: No, no, gee, he's a good rapper. Why you why you refuse that solo? He's not a solo act. Itbody comparing He didn't have.
Speaker 4: I got to have own, so on, hold on, you're comparing it to a solo act. I'm telling you he's part of one of he's probably part of the greatest rap group of all time. I'm telling you he didn't do any more heavy lifting than his partner or the production was very heavy lifting. So you said carry big boy.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say that. You just what is he doing. I'm gonna tell you now that he got one of the best catalogs in hip hop brother solo.
Speaker 2: There is no solo, so it's only our cast, one of the greatest catalogs.
Speaker 1: And Grade three thousand, one of the greatest rappers ever.
Speaker 2: He's not. He's not a solo artist.
Speaker 1: It don't matter. He don't have to be. He don't have to be to be a great rapper. Talking about that, so you're saying, because you're saying records, record sales are quit quite greatness, what does record sells have to do anything. No, because you said that he was a solo artist. So you're saying will say that the niggas that don't sell records of white too.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you he's not a solo artist.
Speaker 1: He could be if he wanted to. I don't agree. I don't think he thought he could if he was. So if he was, he wasn't so selfish, So just not a meat person. See you a meat person? You know I'm gonna do the solo album. Mister, you're mad because I won't name my website after me, and I name it after us, and you mad about it. Name that cryptstory dot com criminal organization?
Speaker 2: So was not Turner? You mad at him too?
Speaker 1: No, what Matt Turner was rebel for a cause? You don't think that. I you don't think I rebel for a cause. I think the crypts Do you know for what it stands for? A Yeah, I don't think everybody out there cripping for necessary for justice? So then why are you telling me what everybody else doing? I don't think so. You might be one of them. You might be one in a million, one, one in twenty thousands in L A G. Maybe a couple tens of thousands. You don't think it's hundreds of thousands, no special special everybody. Oh, Charles, I just.
Speaker 2: Don't understand what what like?
Speaker 1: When did that?
Speaker 4: That's crazy? You just get on these things and just be entertaining. I thought you'd be really having a real conversation.
Speaker 1: You just be having a real conversation. Bro, I'm telling you what's on my mind. I think I am free and the other agree with me, so I can't be too far off. He is one of the greatest rappers of all time. A lot of things. People will agree with you on stef Yeah, they agree with me on this. But you can do a poll. You can do a pole. It's Andre is put up there in the polls Andre three thousand and top five rappers.
Speaker 4: You don't think there's something wrong with asking the general public something that they don't have information on.
Speaker 1: They do, they know what they're like to here, but they don't. They never heard and thousand. They never heard an Andred thousand songs before? Yes, they have there. What was the one he had? Use you all that man? That great? That's four rappers on the Yeah, he had the heart. Watch Guard your heart, three stats. Just watch your heart. Watch y'all for G three stacks, Watch y'all for G. Watch y'all for G. To see three stats, Watch out for G, Watch out for G three stacks, Watch out for G.
Speaker 4: But looking out for tuning in to the Note Senters podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and Not Heard Radio Year