Speaker 1: The News Roundup Information Overload Hour this Friday. Are toll free telephone number you want to be a part of the program is eight hundred and ninety four one Sean. If you want to join us, let me play for you and then we'll get reaction from our buddy Joe Paggs Stephen A. Smith slamming Democrats that are contemplating a dozen plus boycotting the State of the Union. By the way, nobody's going to miss their antics on the floor and their cane waving anyway. But anyway, here's what Steven A said.
Speaker 2: The President of the United States is going to give his State of the Union address, and the Democrats got other plans. So some are talking about walking out in the middle of his speech. Others are talking about boycotting it altogether and essentially finding something else to do. I'm here to tell you that neither is acceptable. Neither should be acceptable.
Speaker 3: As a representative or a Senate, a senator in the United States of America, guess what, I.
Speaker 2: Have a constituency to answer to, and I have people who need who.
Speaker 3: I represent, and whether I like it or not, this individual is in office until twenty twenty eight, and I got to find.
Speaker 1: A way to do business with him.
Speaker 3: In order to get something done. What do they get to circumvent the need and the insistence of mere decorum?
Speaker 1: All right, joining us now, my buddy Joe Paggs, the host of his own syndicated Joe PAGs Show, is with us, mister peg Sir. By the way, Joe Paggs writes me, the other day, somebody takes a shot at me in some publication that I'd never even been heard of, and he's like upset about it, and I'm like, Joe, I don't care. He's like, but I'm like, I don't care. I'm like, I'm like, I don't care. I am way over any period of my life that I care what anybody says about me. I care about you, the people in this audience. I care about my TV audience, and now my podcast audience, my video podcast coming out. Anyway, mister Paggs, how are you, sir?
Speaker 4: I continue to learn from you, Seawan. We've been friends for like twenty five years, But that conversation the other day said me straight night, and I appreciate you taking the time.
Speaker 1: We are blessed to do what we do, and but part of the territory that comes with it is you're going to get people you know, slinging, you know, bows and shot. You know, they're firing at us at all times. I mean, there's nothing that I can put on X that's not going to get brutally beaten up by these losers that live in their their parents' house naked or in their underwear, these keyboard warriors that are anonymous, uh you know, and taking their cheap shots. And I don't care what they think. They're not really Their comments indicate in every way they don't know a thing about me, or listen to this radio show or watch my TV show. I don't care about them, but I care about, you know, the people that do listen, and I do the show for them. All right, let's go to steven A. I think now pay close attention to this. I'm very close to Steve and I love Steve and I steven A man. We have some of the best conversations like the two two of us have. They're real, we keep it real. And Democrats have been going hard and deep in the paint attacking this man, and they're making a huge mistake. They have no idea steven A can hurt all of them, and he could do so. I could I in my mind's eye, and I have an upcoming interview with Steve, and I I could see, in the right circumstances, Steven A voting Republic. He doesn't like Trump's style. He doesn't disagree with many of his policies. He doesn't like his style, which is a fair criticism if you don't like somebody that is going to tell it like it is and doesn't put a filter in there. All right, I get it he rubs some people the wrong way, but he's doing a great job.
Speaker 4: You know. Steven A. Smith and I actually had a little bit of a history. I was on a show called Quite Frankly back in the two thousand and seven two thousand and eight era, and then we did a pilot on Headline News. We almost got a show where it was going to be I was supposed to be in the right, he was supposed to be on the left. But we hit it off very well because Stephen A, as you know, is a conservative guy fiscally, and I think you're right. I think he might quietly be voting for people like Trump. But what he said was so exactly right. So prescient. When these people get elected, they are representing seven hundred and fifty thousand Americans. It's your job to sit your ass down in that seat and listen to this date of the Union. Afterwards, Abigail Stanberger will say something stupid in response, and that's fine, but it's proper to quorum to sit there, not because you're you and not because you're like President Trump, but because you are representing seven hundred and fifty thousand actual Americans that sent you there, and the fact that they wouldn't go is just so it's not even an insult to Trump. Like you said, he probably will be happy. They're like a Yellen scream and act stupid and wave their canes. This is an absolute insult to their district and everybody who sent them to Washington.
Speaker 1: Well said, let's go over some of the other news of the week. So Don Lemon is involved, and I happen to know his attorney at Lowell is one of the best Washington attorneys out there. There's not many of them, and there are a few really really good Washington attorneys, and he happens to be one of them. I know he represented Biden, but he also represented Jared Kushner and other high profile people. It's going to be an interesting question. He was once on CNN fake news, and he's claiming, and he will claim, and Abby Lowell will argue and probably the most impactful, powerful way possible that he was acting as a journalist. I think that the tapes raised questions about the accuracy of that. Is he's giving the people, the activists, coffee and donuts and affirming their cause while inside a church. And I think the Face Act is pretty clear in terms of its language that you don't have the right to disrupt a church service in a place of worship. But putting that aside, here's how he's now responding to the criticism against them. You say in the video, I'm here as a journalist.
Speaker 4: I'm here covering this.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: We play the video, you say it, you know nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm a journalist.
Speaker 7: I'm a journalist.
Speaker 4: I'm here photographing.
Speaker 7: Numerous times people not understand.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's weird because they kept saying it, even when I told them that I'm not. And I think they were looking at me, and because the bulk of the protesters were black, maybe they thought because I'm black, and I kept saying, I'm not a protester, I'm here covering the protest. I'm not with them, and they were, you know, they just for some reason could not understand, and I just had to keep telling them that I'm not part of the group. I'm just here photographing. And I would say chronicling or whatever it is, and that's that's it, Jim. So why they couldn't figure it out, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: I don't remember hearing him saying that, but I'm not doubting that he's telling the truth there. It's an interesting question. But Pam Bondi had a good argument in return, and she said, well, anybody can pick up their iPhone and start filming and say, well, I'm a citizen journalist. So how does that when you when you match that against the Face Act and the statutory language, how does that match up?
Speaker 4: Well, Sean, when you and I met, I was a television news anchor and All Badbyes connected Detroit, New York, and it was also a talk show host up there as well. I'm a journalist. I'm a guy who did it for a living for a very long time, and I won dozens of awards for excellence in journalism. I can't walk into your house.
Speaker 1: How did you win dozens of awards? I don't win awards, and no one's haven't given me or no, Well, now I've gotten a couple of awards. That's not true.
Speaker 4: Well I brought that I got to broad of the Associated Press, so you might not want these awards, but that I couldn't go to Sean Hannity's house walk in. Say this is your private building, this is your private home. But I'm a journalist. I'll have to do is say I'm a journalist. How about if somebody calls me in the newsroom and says, hey, Pegs, we're going to go rob the bank. I'm the corner of Maine and first we're going to be there at noon. Come and be a journalist and keep a journal of us robbing the bank. Now, if I know that it's going to happen, and I know that it's going to be a crime, and I go, that's a bank and I keep a journal of it, am I not part of that? Of course I am. Saying I'm a journalist doesn't give you any special rights. It's not like Superman flying saying you're a journalist. Doesn't change the fact that you wanted to private property. You were interrogating the pastor in the middle of the worship service and his First Amendment rights to go coveragean do not usurp the First Amendment rights of that pastor and those worshippers to freely worship. The guy's all wet. No, here's no case at all.
Speaker 1: I think it might be a little more nuanced than that. He might be more successful, and I would argue that a good attorney and the jurisdiction that will be held in probably will be somewhat favorable to him. But we'll see over time. All right, Now, I got to bring into it this is sort of an intramural battle what we've been having on the show and your kind of family to the show. And you know Linda fairly well on the show. Linda's my view, and this is my opinion, is not the best pet owner. And Linda has a cat that she had to send away to well. Trump calls it the fat shots, So I guess it's okay. It's like a fat farm for cats. Did you ever hear of a fat farm for cats? Her cat was five times the size of an average cat. In a y because she overfed the cat. She never stopped feeding the cat, and she thinks she defines food and you know, get letting the cat get fat as as somehow being loving and kind.
Speaker 9: And Joe is Italian, Joe knows that food is love. Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: But I don't want the cat to be enormous and grotesque fat?
Speaker 1: So the cat big bone the cat? The cat was Okay, No, the cat is not big bone. You're making this up. There's such that it was the only cat that I've ever seen five times the size of a normal cat. That's just the fest of all.
Speaker 9: You don't even like you don't know anything.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I'm not a big cat, par I'm a dog.
Speaker 9: I've seen so many cats.
Speaker 6: You don't know.
Speaker 1: There's part two to this. So I'm getting a Border Collie now. Over the course of my life, I did have one shelter dog while I love my first dog and I've always wanted a dog, and that was Snowball. Then I had two Bernese Mountain dogs, Duffy and Gracie. And then I had one white Golden Marley. And I love my dogs, love love love my dogs. And now I'm getting a border collie. I mean, the most beautiful coloring you'd ever seen a border collie. And but before I bring that that animal into my house, I am sending it for extensive, exhaustive training. Though it's going to be a well trained, well behaved dog. Linda doesn't like a the fact that I'm not adopting a shelter dog, and b the fact that I'm training the dog, which means that animals in her house are free to run the you know, rule the roost and run rampant. I don't allow that in my house.
Speaker 4: So so Linda has an honestly grotesque fat cat. But she's guilting you for going and getting a dog where you want to get it.
Speaker 9: Linda, you I thought you were my good What is going on?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Joe? Keep going, you go, Joe.
Speaker 9: You're off the Christmas guardless.
Speaker 1: Don't don't you think that she by overfeeding an animal, you're abusing the animal, and you're you're lending.
Speaker 9: I'm not.
Speaker 1: You know, you're increasing the odds of a premature death of that animal. And by definition, that is not the definition of loving an animal.
Speaker 9: Just because you talk over me doesn't make you right. Just so I am right now.
Speaker 4: It's the cat. Can we can we get like a like a round number here.
Speaker 9: She's not that fat, she's like twenty pounds in cat world, that's a big cat. But she's a big cat.
Speaker 4: That's a big cat.
Speaker 1: And we put a picture of the cat, the cat at its heaviest on the on the website and let people vote whether or not you have mistreated that animal by overfeeding it.
Speaker 9: Mistreated that animal. She rolls, she plays, she has a great life.
Speaker 1: She jump tend the cat away. You had to. You had to get rid of the cat to save the cat's life.
Speaker 9: I did not get rid of her to save the cat's life.
Speaker 1: And why did you dump the cat at a fat farm?
Speaker 6: Ew?
Speaker 9: I didn't dump her. That cat went with someone who was going through a hard time, and so they went there for a little while. You created it into a mantra that I sent it away because it was too fat. It wasn't too fat. It was a support animal for a little while.
Speaker 1: Okay, you this is totally fake news. You sent it away because it needed more exercise and a more disciplined if you were not capable as an animal owner to provide so it needed intervention time.
Speaker 9: I lived in an apartment in New York City and I had five cats, so I was fostering. Go it was fostering Sie, Joe. My heart is big and I love animals.
Speaker 1: Then why is there a problem with me getting all training?
Speaker 9: You hear the words coming out of my mouth like are you?
Speaker 1: But you never get to the point.
Speaker 9: You never owed with you?
Speaker 1: Why did you have to send that cat away? Why did you allow that cat to grow five times the size of a regular cat? Answer?
Speaker 9: Because that cat was getting hurt by another cat. So I sent it with someone who needed some support, some love. They were going through a tough time. That's all.
Speaker 1: You've never very excuse to the forefront until.
Speaker 9: Well, you're bringing in the cavalry here, so I figure I might as well give you the whole thing now, I mean it's a whole segment. So now you get the.
Speaker 1: Whole story, Lucky, right, Listen, if I like border Collige should be to say something, go ahead, Joe?
Speaker 9: What were you saying?
Speaker 1: Go ahead Joe?
Speaker 4: Every single time, And I'm not taking sides, I'm just hearing what you're both saying. Every single time Sean says why is the cat so fat? You say something else is there a reason why the cat's so fat, or is it not really that fat?
Speaker 9: It's the way God made her.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's the way you fed her.
Speaker 9: No, she's big bones. She digestive food differently. I don't know. Some people little snickers bar. They never gained a pound.
Speaker 1: Some people just let me get to the issue. Oh, you have a problem that I like one one breeder dog and that I train a dog. Is there anything wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I've got two dogs, Fluffy and Gunner. There's a German Shepherd and some golden doodle. Is what they are, and God, God bless you whatever kind of dog you want. Why is that a problem?
Speaker 1: Ask Linda.
Speaker 9: I feel that there are many many animals that are euthanized every single day for no other reason than they don't have room for them, for the simple fact that being alive. So why shop when you can adopt it exists.
Speaker 4: If Sean doesn't get the border, colleague, somebody is going to They should try, No question. He's saving that dog's life.
Speaker 1: Saving that dog's life, and that dog is going to live the best life. My dogs love their Doddy.
Speaker 9: Did you look for a border Collie in the shelter first? Or did you just go right to the breeder.
Speaker 1: I went right to the breeder.
Speaker 4: Wow, she's dog shaming you. That's crazy.
Speaker 9: I am partner.
Speaker 1: I'm absolutely shameless. I make no apologies for this. Joe, we'll give you the last word.
Speaker 4: Listen, we love our animals. I hope the cat is going to be okay. I hope the cat's supporting somebody. I think that we should probably take this segment sendant to Don Lennon to see what he would do with a journalistically.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. All right, eight hundred Joe Pegs, thank you, my friend. Eight hundred nine point one. Shawn is on number all right, let's get to our busy phones this Friday. Karen in Boston. What's up, Karen? How are you glad you called? Happy Friday?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Hi, Sean. Let me preface this by saying that I like you very much. I don't think you are very nice to Linda about her cat. I had three cats, a brother and sister. Natalie was seven pounds.
Speaker 6: She was tiny.
Speaker 10: It was ten pounds, and my Sunny, big boy, was fifteen pounds. All it's the same. In fact, Sunny was very picked. Sometimes he wouldn't eat, but he was big. I think that's just in his banantic makeup. So I don't think Linda is overseeding her.
Speaker 7: She was just a big cat.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Now, when you how many cats did you have? Total? Three? Okay? Now, when you fed the cats? Did you feed them all at the same time?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: Did? The cats usually gobble all the food down or eat some of it and eat more later.
Speaker 10: It depends.
Speaker 1: Sometimes okay, sometimes they'd leave some food. How do you know when you aren't looking that the cat that well, we'll use Linda's term is that was big boned didn't eat the other cat's food and double.
Speaker 10: The portion because I would kick it up.
Speaker 1: You don't know, though, do you, Aaron? You don't know for sure, do you?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 1: So you were if you're not watching them and there's food, you know, there's three bowls of food, and the cat that's overweight is eating. You don't know if it's eating the other cat's food that they leave behind hoping that that we'll still be there later, but then it's gone and you don't know which cat ate that food. I don't look. I just believe if you want to be thin. And by the way, I'm I know friends that have taken for example, O zempic and goo V and I don't know, what do you call my mine jarro and all this stuff. I know people that have lost one hundred pounds on this stuff. And maybe they'll come up with a shot for you know, for cats. I don't know. Maybe one day they will, and I hope they do because I like animals. But one of the best things you can do for your health is lose weight. I'm not recommending people do anything, but you should manage the intake of your food and exercise common sense, and I think managing your weight is one very healthy thing to do.
Speaker 10: I agree, But just be nice to Linda Lovely.
Speaker 1: All right, But I'm telling you I know Linda, Linda.
Speaker 9: Did you hear that? I want to make sure you heard her. I'm lovely, all right? How lucky you.
Speaker 1: Are to work? Okay, just because you get one defender, I'm sorry you're admitting that food is what did you say the you know it's an Italian thing.
Speaker 9: It's an Italian joke, an Italian joke?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 9: Food is love?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you overloved your cat and now your cat is five times its normal sized. I'm just saying, if you really love your cat, you're not going to let your cat grow five times larger than what it's healthy weight should be. Real love would manage its food intake.
Speaker 9: I do manage the food and take. In fact, just like you just heard, I do the same thing. This up onto oh my goyead. The food comes up onto a shelf, so they get breakfast and they get dinner, and that's it.
Speaker 1: All right, Karen, appreciate it. You have a great weekend in Boston. I think you're expecting snow on Monday. Hang in there, Uh, Sandy in my free state of Florida, Sandy, Hi, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 5: Oh? I am so glad I called. I am so impressed with your intelligence to know what breed a dog you should have. We've had borders and Oxis. They're so lovable, intelligent, adaptive to any yard size or acreage. It just shows again how intelligent you are and how impressive you are.
Speaker 1: I have this whole plan because I've been watching video after video after video on YouTube about border colleges. They're the smartest dog out there by a long shot. Like usually would take a regular any other breed of dog. You know forty or fifty times that you have to repeat a command before it learns something new. In the case of the border collie, in some cases they can learn it with one command, but generally three four, five, and that dog has that command now perfectly. Their athletic ability is second to none. Their intelligence is off the charts. They've been designated the smartest dog out there. And I'm gonna be setting up, you know, obstacle courses. I'm gonna teach this dog how to catch a frisbee. I'm gonna teach this We're gonna play fetch, We're gonna go for long walks. I'm gonna let this dog have fun, but it's gonna be disciplined. Car rides to and my car rides. I'm gonna let it ride in the car, and I'll lower the window so it can put its head outside. So I have professional trainers right now. The dog is in Canada. These are guys that trade military dogs and they're training my border college. I mean, you should see the picture. The picture is here's this beautiful puppy, you know, and and these massive German shepherd killer dogs. Because they're going to be learned how to be attack dogs and drug sniffing dogs and dogs like that. And this dog is going to be learned given obedience training at the highest level. And thanks to Lawrence Jones who works a fox, he hooked me up.
Speaker 5: Are you going to visit or do face time so you can have definitely thing.
Speaker 1: On the dog already way ahead of you. Yep, we're way ahead of you.
Speaker 5: Okay. How will the dog be when you get it full time?
Speaker 1: Probably four months? Maybe five?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'd go for four, no more.
Speaker 1: Well, and then the beauty is then the trainer will spend time with me and the dog transferring command authority to me because you have to be an alpha male with a dog. Dogs are baby wolves ostensibly, so they have to have one person they look to as their leader, and that will be me.
Speaker 5: Got him from a breeder so that that dog can have a life too.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. This dog is going to be. It's a she, and she's going to be treated like a queen. This dog will be the happiest dog in the world. I love my dogs.
Speaker 5: We Australay Shepherds and border colleagues went to horse showing and that was our dog and our last one was eleven. I've never been around the dog so much like a human in my life. Never had he knew his border, he never left, didn't have a collar. You teach him something. If he wanted the window down the car, he rolled it down.
Speaker 1: They're just amazing, and't not amazing? I love that, all right? Thank you for affirming my very wise decision. I appreciate it. In spite of all of the unrelenting attacks I've taken from you know, miss shelter dog over here, I appreciate it. Took back to our phone's Pat in New York. Pat, how you doing. What's going on that you might be getting snow Monday?
Speaker 6: I see, yeah, well we're getting snow today too, so that's all right. I'm up in the Auburney area, so it's.
Speaker 1: I'm Almny's brutal. You have brutal winners up there upstate New York. Brutal.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: A long long time listener, first time caller, I just want to say thank you for what you do. I can see you a patriot and one of the one of the best talk show hosts I've ever.
Speaker 1: Seen, So be very kind thank you.
Speaker 6: I do have I do have one thing though, that I want to say about yesterday's show. And you got going on about women with aging gracefully, and you know they go out to get manni's and petties, they dye their hair, they get massages, and then you made the comment that if there's any man that goes out there and gets a pedicure, he needs to surrender his man card. Remember saying that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, if if a guy gets some many or petty, I just can never get I would never get to that point in my life. Ever, I can't do it.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you a little bit more about myself. In twenty years marine retired, I got three purple stars. Thank you, sir. You've got three purple hearts and two bronze stars.
Speaker 1: And I know my man card and I get them, and you get them once a month.
Speaker 6: Their pedicure ain't gonna take money.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't take your man card away. I mean that's too impressive. I just can't. I mean, you earned it, you got it. If that's what you if that's your thing, then that is just we just have differences. I'm I just don't like strangers touching me, maybe that sounds odd. I don't know the idea of putting my feet in a swimming pool and you know, some lady or or I guess guy. I don't know if they I don't know if they're male, you know, manicure or some pedicure guys. I don't know. I'm sure they probably are. I just don't want a stranger touching my feet and my hands and painting them. I'm not into it.
Speaker 6: I don't get painted, not even you don't. But uh, and I've had I've had men so on technicians take care of my feet as well.
Speaker 1: So listen, no one can away your man card with that background and record. You served your country. You have all those purple hearts. God bless you. We appreciate your service, my friend. God bless you.
Speaker 6: Thank you. And then the other point that I wanted to make conversation yesterday was about Iran and what's going on, and Iran and the inevitability of what looks like is going to be an armed conflict. I pray to God that that doesn't happen. And I just prayed at Donald Trump and Marco Rubio and all the other powers out there to do everything they can to keep our young men and women out of harm's way. Then they've done that. Don't want to see anymore.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with you. If there was a past and negotiation, I don't see it. I don't trust them. Their actions over the many decades speaks for itself and what they're doing by slaughtering innocent people and the threat that they posed to the region and the world, and they're never ending threats to the US. Probably they have sealed their own fate. And I say, if there is military action, our love, thoughts, prayers go with our military men and women. Yeare the best in the world. Thank God, Thank you. All right, Pat, We have a good weekend, man, appreciate it. Robert Ohio. Next Sean Hannity Show. What's going on, Robert, how are you hey?
Speaker 7: I heard you talking with Linda about your Border Collie you were getting, and I just wanted to call you and tell you that I have a Border Collie and we've had her pay about seven years now and we do all kinds of dog sports with her, and they definitely need a job.
Speaker 1: So what is your dog's job? What do you what kind of job do you give that that dog? They want to work. They want to please their owners.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we own We own like a mini farm, and my wife uses her to hurt the horses in at night when she brings men, and then we play this dog with her. We practice frisbee all the time with her, and we've been training her on duck diving and she's got a good citizenship title. We do barn hurt whether where they put rats in the tube and you go hunt, you know, hunt the rats.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love that. I mean the videos I'm watching of this breed are just off the charts. Now, do you want to weigh in on Linda attacking me for getting a dog and training the dog. I think I'm doing the right thing.
Speaker 9: It's interesting how you frame that question to him, since that is so biased. You are talking to liberals far too often.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you not attacking the fact that I didn't get a shelter dog.
Speaker 9: I'm thinking I said, you did you adopt or try to adopt before you shopped? No, you're getting the dang dog from Canada. There's no dog in America that needs a home.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's an American dog that's being trained in Canada by by top former military guys. Okay, this is what they do. Why would that frustrate you so much?
Speaker 9: Why are you I believe in adopting before shopping. And I'm sure there is a border Collie trapped in a cage on its way to a Euthanasian moment and we.
Speaker 1: Can why don't you go adopted them? Why don't you go do it?
Speaker 9: I do I foster, I do only adopt. I never bought a dog in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you like free dogs, Yeah, I like free dogs. Kind of liberal of you. You want everything for free?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: That's going to wrap things up for it today. Just so you know, we are officially now after this weekend on full time a RAN watch. Do I think a deal with the Iranian mullas as possible? I do not. In spite of them probably offering everything in the world, there is no deal that you can ever trust that they'll ever keep. They always break their word. Number one state sponsor of terror. Anyway, we'll have all the latest, the best coverage available on your radio dial all coming up on the Monday day. Should of the Sean Hannity Show have a great weekend. In the meantime, we'll see you Monday