Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, Ray drops on today's episode of Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: First of all, Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: I've missed you guys so much, and I hope you all had a wonderful, safe, and prosperous holidays because I know that I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honey, Okay, back to business.
Speaker 1: So on today's episode of Reality with the King, I'm coming at you guys with an exclusive. I'm chatting with Election Billino formerly Okay Breaking News, formerly of the Real Housewives of Orange County as she and I had a conversation on her podcast.
Speaker 2: Called Going Rogue.
Speaker 1: So Going Rogue is Alexi Milino's new podcast that you can find wherever you get your podcasts. She and I are having a conversation about her decision to first of all, join the Real Housewives of Orange County and how she felt when she received the phone call as to why she was not asked back. Yeah, so we talk about that and we get to lots of things. So without further ado, here is my conversation with Alexis Billino.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, Alexis Billino here. I am here on a very fun day just to clear the air and get some new gossip out there, some things that none of you have heard before. And I'm here with my friend Carlos King, who you know. I think he's going to have some good insight for me.
Speaker 1: Carlos, alexis so good to see your Daphace.
Speaker 3: Hey, honey, how are you.
Speaker 1: I've got how's it going. I'm so excited for you. Congratulations or join the pod world?
Speaker 3: Uh, thank you, thank you. This is the This is definitely dipping my feet in very fast, but with one of the best. So thank you for joining me today.
Speaker 2: No, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, the Kathy Hilton party, Let's just get that out of the way, because is that not the most amazing experience.
Speaker 1: Honey, It was so much fun and it was nice just to be a.
Speaker 2: Mocks your peers.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean, like people within your industry who kind of just has so much respect for the art of this John and Robbie Carr reality television, because it's a tough gig to have, so to be a mocks the reality elite, to be celebrated, to have Kathy Hilton be the grand hostess that she is, and to see you and John, I had a really really good time.
Speaker 3: You well, you were the best dressed. I'm not saying that just because I'm trying to like by bar like even over John, I'm sorry, babe, but you yeah, you were. And I'm like, Okay, I wonder was that was that coat last season or this season or what it? What was it?
Speaker 2: It was Louis Vuitton, right, it was a little biton coat that was.
Speaker 3: I couldn't take my off of it, and it was listen.
Speaker 1: I I went to London for a day in September and when I walked in, you know how, like sometimes Alexi, you walked to a store and you know how, like the associate are like, is there anything you're looking for, and You're like, I'm actually browsing, you know, And I actually was browsing.
Speaker 2: Girl. I saw that.
Speaker 3: Call and you're like the heavens opened.
Speaker 1: Oh girl, and I said, I have to have it. I tried it on and I'm like, let me just buy it. So I bought it in September, and I kept saying to myself, you gotta find the perfect occasion to wear it, Honey, Kathy Helton's party, Honey's the perfect occasion.
Speaker 3: I start shopping for her a gown for her dresser or a dress for her event, like in August or September, like I'm I'm always looking because it is the party of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing was you like your energy when you come around is just so infectious. Do you see people flocking to you? Like, did you notice that at all?
Speaker 1: You know I did, And I'll say this, it's such a compliment to hear that, So thank you, Alexis.
Speaker 2: I am a people person.
Speaker 1: I really do love people, and I am of the people. So whether you're a celebrity or not, I give the same energy to anybody that I either meet for the first time or I'm a fan of and listen, I tell people all the time, I'm a fan and a student of reality TV. So it's nice to meet someone like you. It was nice to meet. I mean I did meet Emily and Gina.
Speaker 3: That's okay. Hey, you know we're all we're all work associates. We're all in the same business.
Speaker 2: And why I have been you guys are best friends. Shut the front door.
Speaker 3: We are not best friends. I never said that. Don't don't put words in my mouth, Carlos to.
Speaker 2: You the concept, Oh what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh got you? Okay, No, but when you went to piggyback on what you were just saying, I feel like being in that environment, like John and I have been so judged this season and so, you know, just the vitrial hate that we've had, it was so nice to have so many people come up and be like, we understand l we get it. We know this as TV, we know that this was So I did leave that party feeling like America can hate us, but at least the people that were there that work in this industry get it and are like, Okay, you had to take one for the team. It was a bad season whatever, So that let me.
Speaker 2: Stop you there, Let me stop you there. America doesn't hate you.
Speaker 1: And this is what I want to tell you, as somebody who has been doing Housewives since two thousand and eight starting Atlanta Housewives.
Speaker 2: And this is the way before social media was a thing.
Speaker 1: Social media represents two percent of America right of the world, not just Americans, the world at large, just because there's people on social media who are in competition to leave the best comment, and by the best, I mean the worst comment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they have to one up each other.
Speaker 1: And I never want you, Alexis, or any of the girls or guys on reality television to assume for a millisecond that these comments represent the world at large. I tell people all the time, when you go out into the real world and you interact with people, nine times out of ten, you're not going to run to people who have that same you know, hate that they do online because it is not so.
Speaker 3: We haven't had one were you. We haven't had one person out out in the world wherever we're traveling or wherever we are, we have you know, everyone always comes up and says, I love you, you were my favorite this season everyone. I think that that just comes out of people's mouth because they don't know what to say to you when they see you feel like they mean but they don't know, they don't know they don't. I know they don't. And I'm okay, look, I am not here to get my ego coached. Okay, I know I am good, but but it is it is just a weird. It just felt really good to be at that party. It really did, and to have people say we get it, we understand because they all are in the industry. They are, and Kathy does. Last year she brought in snow like this woman does not put like real snow. Okay, Ice was all over it was. It was the real deal. So anyway, that was amazing. But I do want to ask you, and I want you to be completely honest, Carlos, and if you hurt my feelings, it's okay. At the end of the day, I know that you, I know who you are, and I appreciate your truth behind this, Okay. So I want to ask you, what do you think I could have done this season that would have possibly allowed the viewers to like actually connect from my story? What did I do that made them disconnect so much from me?
Speaker 1: You came across too hard in your defense of John. I would if I were you the first episode when you came in looking gorge and you told Shannon, there's a door, shannaa door, and you defended John. That would have been the end of it. And what I would have done is said Shannon as a woman. I need you to know that you and I don't have an issue because I did nothing to you. I Alexis Belino, did not do anything directly to you, Shannon ba Door.
Speaker 2: I didn't date you, hon to sleep with you.
Speaker 3: I don't know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know each other like that, Like, I don't know you. So I understand that the guy I'm in love with and I'm seeing that you two have an issue.
Speaker 2: So guess what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you two fight that battle because the battle is not mine, it is yours, right, And I would have left it there, And then I would have I would have definitely used more of my cameras time to get to know the girls, because I will say this, I if I was her producer or friend, I would have said, how amazing would it be that you and Shannon kind of become friends? Like, like, what what a great surprise would that have been if you use that.
Speaker 2: Opportunity to get to know her?
Speaker 1: Because I'm gonna tell you something I did Atlanta Housewife Season four, right Marlo Hampton came on the show. Ninnie Leaks obviously was like the face of that particular franchise. Long story short, it was alleged and Marlow Hampton had a boyfriend that allegedly Nini Leaks was like seeing at the time while she and Greb were going through divorce. So everybody thought like, oh my gosh, marlow and Nini about to be the odds. And the best thing Ninny Leaks did she befriended Marlowe and then shocked the cast, and it's the reason why Marlon Hampton became a housewife. So I would have definitely did the I would have done the most shocking thing, which was like, hey, maybe me and Shannon could be friends after all, and.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, and in the perfect world that might have been able to happen. Let me give you a little background and then tell me how, because this is great, This is great advice, and obviously Hideesight's twenty twenty. When you look back, you're like, Okay, could have, should have would However, I was in a knowing situation. I feel even hearing you say what you just said, because I do not have you know, I don't wish ill on anybody, even my worst enemy, anyone, I don't wish any ill on them. I was going in optimistic that we could be amicable and do our job, which is work together in a group of women. She was never going to have any part of that, by the way, I think she went in the season saying, I will never talk to her. I don't care. I don't want to film with her. She felt with the least amount she possibly could, I asked for constant sit downs with her. Never would happen, just to smooth it over, because I could see I could see the wear and tear on the women's faces for trying to be friends with me and friends with her, and knowing that they didn't really dislike either of us. They just didn't know they were put in a really bad position too. So in my mind, I'm like, let's try to just be amicable, do our job, and get through the day, and at the end of it it is John in your battle. However, the first meeting I had with her where she asked to speak to me, I said, okay, that was when I've said there's the door, Shandon ba door. Three things came up that she had like they cut it down to the one. There were three other things, and so I sat there for twenty five minutes just listening, listening, listening, and I'm like, Okay, oh my gosh, let's get to the elephant out of the room. Let's just squash it now. And so, yeah, that was hard. It was hard. I was also nervous. I was also getting eaten up by her at the moment, and I was also just tired of it. I'm like, this isn't the real problem. So in hindsight, you are absolutely right. I should have probably just said, Okay, I know you're hurting. I am not. This is not easy on me either, you know, like it was not easy for me to do any of the filming that I did this season. Carlos. The other part to that, So that's one part. The other part to that is I would go into the scenes, and you, being a producer, can appreciate this. I would go in thinking, not going to mention his name. I have so much more to talk about. I would connect with the other women. I would find out about their children, I would find out about what was going on. We would talk about real life things happening, and then lo and behold one of the women would have to bring up his name, and there were so many misconceptions about him the entire season, and so many lives that were said, what would you do if that was your the person you love? And what I've learned one of my downfalls is when I love, I love hard and I am loyal to a fault. And this defending John came to my own detriment. I get that I lost in the public, the world of public opinion. I get that the court of public opinion, but I also wanted to live authentically and also wanted to really film an authentic show. And so if people are constantly talking about him other castmates when I'm supposed to not be talking about him and I'm really trying not to, then how do you handle that moving forward? Just for any other reality person or anything like, how do you move past that?
Speaker 2: They can only use what you give? Right?
Speaker 1: So I always remember that they can only use what you give. If Emily or Gina or have our camera brought up John, I would say to them once again, he is not I hear to defend himself now. And the more you repeat that, the more they're going to say, well, this shit is unusable.
Speaker 2: And we have to move on.
Speaker 1: And that's how you take your power back, right, That's what I did wrong.
Speaker 3: That's what I did wrong, because I would do that once and then it would keep going, and then I would give in and then I say, okay, now I'm mad, and now y'all are really taking me off, and so then it would happen, and that's you're absolutely right, that's where I okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. So that's the reason why I mean, look, la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Look, it's the reason why you have someone I'm gonna be very honest with you. Shannon played the game very well this season, very well this season because obviously I think everybody went in thinking like, oh my gosh, I had a dui and let's focus on that and let's see what's going on. And we're seeing the same situation happen on Pertoma with Karen Huger, another person who got a dui. What's been interesting about Shannon and Karen situation is rightfully, so, the cast members have questions, but I think when you go so hard, I'm not saying you did this to do you why, by the way, I'm saying, when this is more of a tamor thing that I.
Speaker 2: Told her about.
Speaker 1: Right when you're so harsh to somebody dealing with that, at some point, it's like, guys, get them a break. And I think Shannon did a good job this season making sure that she showed and I'm not saying it was real or not. I don't know Shannon, but Shannon did a great job in the season showing her runerability and emotion and and to the point where I even told Tamar, and I said this on my own podcast, I felt bad for Shannon. I felt Tamara was so hard on on on Shannon that I gave Tamar grace by saying this, alexis, Tamar has seen things that we haven't. They were actually best friends, They went on tour together, they hung out together. Unfortunately, us, the audience, we can only judge what we see, and when it came to Shannon and Tamara, that's why a lot of us was on Shannon's side when it came to you and Shannon, Shannon, I'm gonna give her her credit. She did a great job at making sure to showcase the run ability of this alleged loan and things like that. We listen, you could be a Shannon fan or not, we all believe John in terms of the the details of it. I believe John's details for sure. Right the part that came in, it felt like it was two against one, and and that's why the audience decided to sway.
Speaker 2: More in Shannon's side.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, yeah, child, we are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 3: And I mean when I sit back and try I played this through in my mind hundreds of times, and I still come back to the fact that like I just don't know. I mean, I just can't. I can't put a foot in my I mean like I can't, I can't put a muzzle on myself. If I get to the point where I'm just like okay, enough to enough. And that's something I truly need to work on, Like I need to learn to just go. And I wish now I would have done that. I never even thought about just sitting back and going that's between you and John. I'm just sitting there going his name. He's getting brought up. He's not here just to say anything. I'm his only voice. I'm the only thing he had where if I had sat back, maybe it would have it would have all just panned out completely differently. But like I said, that's neither here nor there. We can't go back. So the other thing I wanted to ask you is what do you think, like, what's your true feeling about the final scene that came then after?
Speaker 1: So I thought I was very confusing and I did not understand it. So listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, Linda, this season of the Housewives Bors County season eighteen was the best season in Orange County history.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I never thought the Brooks alleged cancer situation would be topped because that was such dramatic, great television. I never thought the season where Gretchen had her first season, I want to say the season three or four whatever, that was a great first season. And for Gretchen and for Tamor to emerge as like a badass, this season topped both to me because it was a great display a balance, you know.
Speaker 2: I thought every girl clocked in.
Speaker 1: I thought Emily and Gina had their best seasons ever, and I thought Heather de brou had a great season.
Speaker 2: I thought everybody.
Speaker 1: Clocked in right when it came to the reunion and I'm gonna get to the ending scene. When it came to the reunion, I said this on my podcast. I thought Emily was was fighting for her life. I felt like she was auditioning for Tomato. And taler Banks said I have two cars left in my hands, and one of you girls would be America Next Time Model, and Emily said, well, bitch, I would be America Next Time lawyer. And I felt that she was so hard on you and was just so like unlikable to me, and I like, I like Emily, but I detested her performance on on the reunion. So then I was like, okay, fine, great reunion, all three parts. I'm here for it. Then it was the final scene and I'm like, well, what the F is this? Like, what'll be watching here? And then as I was watching and I'm like why is this important? And then I'm watching it something Yeah, I was like, it's done.
Speaker 2: I don't need this.
Speaker 1: And then it hit me and I said to myself, Okay, okay, I think the choice was definitely two things were happening in that scene.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 1: Number one, I felt like I felt that it was an opportunity to show that we're off friends. We all love each other, Shannon and Tammer have made up, Heather looks great, and we're all best friends. So come join us next season where you get to see that this show is a show about friends.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was like very Jennifer Anison, Courtney Cox, and Lisa Kudro, do.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It was very much like we're friends. Must see TV Thursday nights at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the first thing to me.
Speaker 1: The second thing that I noticed, too, I was like, huh, this was to me a loud message that a lessis and John thank you for your services, like bye, like bye, get out of here.
Speaker 2: We're done.
Speaker 1: We're closing the chapter on this storyline. So those were the two things I walked away from that scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was obviously completely gobsmacked and completely let down. I felt the same thing. I was like, Okay, you're used, used and thrown away. This is now we're done with you. We got the ratings, now we're done. Those were my initial two thoughts. And then my third thought was, holy shit, Tamara and Heather just did this to me. And I spoke to them right before and you know, after the reunion. We talked and we you know, so it took me like a week before I could even talk to either of them. They both texted obviously they felt bad about that scene or just wanted to check in and whatever. Took me about a week. I just said, I can't talk right now. I'm too upset. I can't go. I've got to let this all just marinate and I'll talk to you because we do have a true friendship. And that's the thing is, I didn't want it to you know, and I had just the funny thing is, Carlos, this is firsthand information. Tamara had just come to my house the Tuesday before that Thursday. So it airs on that Thursday, right, She had just been at my house for two hours. We were literally I was I had my hair getting all done, I had boils everywhere. We were eating crackers and just hanging out for two hours. And I looked her in the eye at that moment. It was almost like God told me something was happening, because I asked her to come over and I said, I need to you eye to eye and we can go to lunch or whatever, but I want to see you face to face. Had her come over she spent two hours here, great time. You know. I just looked at her at one point and I said, I need to know something. Are we real friends or are we TV friends? Like what is what is the what do you classify our relationship as? And she looked at me and was like, are you fucking serious right now? Like are you really asking me this right now? And I'm like yeah, and we've talked it over. I felt so confident in our friendship. And then that scene aired, so two forty eight hours before she could have sat me in the eyes and said, Alexis there is something that's going to come out that you're not going to you know. And she was born into secrecy by the you know, the crew and everything. I get all that we're here to do a show. I get it. However, you can drop a little crumb and say you're not going to like the final scene, just giving you a little you know, wait, like something nothing. Okay. So you know her and I have had tamor and Heather and I are working through it. By the way, we're not I'm not the person that's just going to write that off and be like, Okay, you're never speaking to you again, Like I do have deep connection with Heather for obviously some of the things we go through with the LGBTQ world and just like our life journey that we've had, plus what we went through a decade ago and we worked past that. Right.
Speaker 2: But did you call Tamra after seeing that scene?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't remember who reached out first, but yeah, either either she texted me or called me or I called her first. I don't know which would happen first. And the same thing with Heather. All I know is that I've had a couple hour conversations with Tamra trying to work through it and just hammer it out. And then I had one one hour conversation with Heather and we had to get off the phone. She had to run into another podcast, and so she's like, you know, we need to shelve this obviously if it's not done yet, because I I gave it to her because she's actually the one that delivered the information to Shannon and here's the here's the kick me the most I know, and I'm going to be real with you, So you had to take all this information back to your rain drops? Okay. So I literally was so like, hold on because when John gave that information about actually hearing the crash. Heather and Tamra both looked at us, so they were like. Heather's defense was, oh, we were sitting around, you know, it was a group of people. I said, no, Heather, it was me and you and Tamra, my two of my closest friends, with Joe dala Rosa, who's a friend of mine for a decade, and your two husbands. That's it. That's not a big group. That's a very small group. We were in a confined room. John felt the you know, like he's always questioned about it. Did you hear the wreck? Did you not? He's always just said he's always been honest about it. They both looked at him and said, don't ever owe up to that. Don't ever tell any of that. And John's like, I'm going to tell the truth. I'm going to tell my side of the story. There's no reason to not tell the truth. The truth can't hurt you. The truth is, my daughter almost got hit. I did hear the crash. We went running, My daughter stopped me, pulled me back. They got in their car, they went she was already gone. So there's nothing wrong with that truth. They did check this scene out after they heard it? Was it too late? Yeah? Did chan and drive off? Yeah? So that's the truth of it. And so you know, it just hurts because nobody should have given that information to anyone else except John. That should have been you know, they got mad at me all season for being John's voice. Well, what the fuck did you just do? You were just John's voice, like just you don't need to speak for him. And and that's where I have to work through with Heather and Tarran. That is where it is so like just hurtful, because it's like, you don't practice what you preach. You've been preaching to me all season to do one thing, and then you went and did exactly what you're telling me not to do. And you put the nail on the coffin by saying, Okay, lex Is God, we don't want her back. You know, we're done. We're done with that storyline, which I get it. By the way, here's firsthand information, Carlos King. I am not asked back next season. I am not asked back. I did not.
Speaker 2: How'd you find out a phone call with.
Speaker 3: With with which I I and I have a very good relationship with him. Alex basket obviously, but he's my boss. But yeah, so, and it was a hard conversation. It came, it didn't. I can't say it came as a shock. I was gonna say it came as a shock. It did not come as a shock the tim because it was like noon in the afternoon. I guess I wasn't really prepared and I didn't think contracts were coming out anytime, like. I thought we still had more time, so I thought he was calling to check in. Okay, the last scene sucked, you know, I didn't know what he was calling for, but it was a shocking when the call came. I was never shocked about that information because it's what are they going to do? I didn't know, especially after that scene, where how do I fit in? You know? And I am very good friends with Katie and Jen. Still I'm working through it with Heather and Tamra. I still thought there might be a way they can make it work for everybody to come back, but you know, the cards played the way they did, and how do they bring someone back who is not a fan favorite versus the fan favorite. And I get that. And when one door closes, another door opened, it's totally it was a It was a little bit of a real I mean, nobody wants the rejection and no one wants to say, Okay, you're not as bad. It's already happened to me. It happened to me on season eight. Okay, I've been there, done that, so it's like, okay, here we go again. But you know, there was an instant of oh my gosh, if pay relief because now the decision's not on my shoulders. It was just taken away. Now we pick up the pieces that we move forward, right, because if the decision had come and the contract came. Part of what John and I spent many nights talking about is do I have what it takes to go through another season like what I just went through, like watching every episode where but if I was a full member, for a full cast member, I would have had more opportunity to tell my story, to show my side of me that's not just John, because he's not my entire life. Like, yeah, I'm marrying him, but he's not my entire life. There's so many more facets and so many fun things happening in our life. But at the end of the day, it makes it easy when the decision is not yours anymore. You know, it's like, Okay, now I got to move on.
Speaker 2: Did you cry? No?
Speaker 3: No, No, I think I think I cried so much throughout the season just from the way that I was portrayed that it was I don't think I had any more tears to cry. And it was, like I said, I was kind of so beaten down already that it's and just from the hate that's come online, it's almost like I just I don't have any more tears to cry. It's like I'm It's made me stronger. That's the one thing this season made me a lot stronger.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk to you about that really quickly, because obviously you did have a lot of you know, vitrol when it came to the audience reaction by audience, I'm talking about social media audience to the point where you turn off your comments on your page. Can you explain to me, like, listen, we all wanted and I mean disrespectfully because that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Thing they gave. We wanted Jesus Jugs back.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Everybody was sort of like campaigning, right, Alexis for you to come back.
Speaker 2: And that felt good.
Speaker 1: It feels good to be wanted, to be desired, especially by the audience, and you obviously were requested by the audience to come back, and then it was a nonster coming back, and again it was like, yeah, she's back, and that must have felt good. When did you realize there was a turn in the reception of you from being requested to come back, the fans being excited at you're coming back, and then it got so bad to where you turn off the comments.
Speaker 3: Well, let me let me just say I turned off the comments for the sake of my children. They're very protective. They I don't care what people say about me. I have a seventeen, seventeen, and eighteen year old and they're very protective. And they they were like, Mom, we're going to start yelling at these people, like I'm going to go to bad. I'm not. I can't take it anymore. And I thought, I'm okay with it because I know that I don't care. I don't really care what anyone said about me. I have a great life. I meant, I'm marrying the man of my dreams. I have three greade kids. We have businesses we've started, like we're busy and it's fun and life is fun, but when your kids come to you and can't take it, and I you know, I've had many talks with them and sat them down and said, you guys understand TVs TA. Even though it's reality, it's still TV, and it's not a real world. It's not what you know because you watch the episodes, you know that's not really your mom. But they cut too much out to make it not really be me. Where if they would have put a little bit more and made it more balanced, like you said, it's a balanced season for the entire cast members, maybe it was a balanced season. It was not a balanced season for me. I've made it very vocal on social media. It was not balanced and if they would have made it more balanced, America wouldn't have or I wouldn't have had so much the trial from it. And I'm okay with that. When you're I want to.
Speaker 1: Say this too, I want to say this because I did say this is my podcast. When I say a balanced season, I'm obviously talking about the Orange Holders, right, the women, the Housewives. I said this on my podcast. You being a friend of it's a deficit because you're not allowed just by definition of being a friend of you're not allowed to share your full story. You know, you are literally coming in as a friend and you have limited scenes and limited confession and un limited ability. Right who you know, show showed the full life.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but then on on the flip side of that, I'm okay with that, but also, don't use my story and my world to become the main storyline, like, just don't like That's that's where it really started to affect me. Is I don't mind being the friend of I am goofy. I do do airheaded things. I do like to have fun and laugh a lot, but that is so not only me, you know, and I would have been okay with that. I feel like a lot of the content was used almost against me instead of trying to show a little bit more balance. And there's a way to do both. But it brought good ratings. Okay, whatever, I mean, you move on. It's like it's done, we filmed that, it's over. So coming back to what you said, that's the reason I turned off my comments was for my children, not because of me, Like I said, it's my kids need to be able to handle the world that I've just brought them back into when they were four, three, four, five, six seven different world, right, they don't read comments and all of that, so I and I am going to turn comments back on, and I am just kind of wetting things. It's just like, just let it, you know. I almost went through a phase Carlos where I said, I'm never going to turn it back on. This is nice. I never have to look at anything. I just post what I want. This is my world. I never have to feel good. It's like it's like, Okay, this is nice, but I realize it's like, no, just just turn it back on. I'll get there. I'm just trying to let things some are down for my children's listen.
Speaker 1: It's a tough gig. Being on reality TV is not easy. And what's funny is there everybody watching feels like they can do it better. And it's like, you don't know. Until you put into this social experiment, you don't know. And that's why I had to mention everybody campaign for you to come back, and then when you came back, are gone. And so that's why I always tell people I love the audience, and we are who we are because of the audience, but the audience doesn't always get it right. And you can't live your life not saying you're doing this, but you can't live your life worrying or or thinking that the audience knows better, because that's not the case. I feel bad for you, honestly, because I wish Shannon would say this, as shann if you're listening, I will send you a Bouqueera roses because my listen, this is how this shit works. Shannon emerged as a fan favorite of the season, right, and Shannon did a great job being the reality star that she is.
Speaker 2: She did a great job.
Speaker 1: I would love for reality star to at least have some self awareness to say, well, shit, thank you Alexi for coming on the show, because I mean, dude on me, cause listen, if you were on the show, it would just be Shannon versus Tamara, and that would have got very old, very soon. That's why Tamara was like, all right, you're doing the first of your turn because like.
Speaker 3: And like, I totally know. I recognized very early on how much I was helping Shannon and helped her because of the fact that, you know, I wanted my friends on the cast to see the John that I know and who he really is, not the John They were hearing from this conception.
Speaker 2: All right, rain jobs.
Speaker 1: So that was a little teaser of the conversation that Alexis Melina and I had listen to the full interview by subscribing to her podcast. Again, it's called Going Rogue and it's Alexis Belina podcast, so they hear the rest of our conversation. Subscribe to our podcast, listen to it for wee get to many other things as well. Thank you, rain Drops, and I will see you guys when I see you child Ah, you guys will see me on p six we will chat.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings.
Speaker 1: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow and subscribe to Reality with the King Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. An executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom, Rain Entertainment, Baby