Speaker 1: I just said to you what Kennedy said in nineteen sixty three that if we go to war with the Soviet Union, life on Earth will be destroyed in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: A fed bell out of twenty nine trillion dollars, rates down, markets up, and nuclear war on the horizon. Of course, then media propaganda and censorship comes next, and these are the things that we're facing. Talking to none other than the one and only Jerald Silente, the author of the Trends Journal, who's been accurately forecasting the trends for the last several decades. You've seen him on all the biggest TV shows, Oprah, Winford, you name it. He's been forecasting the trends. And today I have him on the show to discuss exactly what's going on with the regime change at the Central Banks and Ferl Reserve, what is happening with the potential for war all around the world, the media propaganda, the censorship, the move to save democracy, and so much more. If you want to know where the world is going and what you expected how to prepare, then you want to listen to this interview with Gerald Silente, who's been accurately predicting and publishing the trends for multiple decades, and maybe Zuckerberg go will shoot. If Musk can do that, maybe I could stand up against them a little bit. Do you think maybe we're starting to see a little bit of pushback, maybe enough people to sort of start swinging this back the other way.
Speaker 1: Why do I give a damn when I look at that Suckerberg? Who the hell are they to tell us what to do. It's up to the people. It's up to the people to unite.
Speaker 2: All right, Gerald Cialente Trends Journal, the author of Trends Journal for decades, something that i've recently I turned in New Years ago, but you've been doing this for decades, calling out the trends. And of course if everybody wants to know where the world is going, they should be reading the Trends Journal. We're going to make sure we link to that down below. Gerald. It's always an honor to have you on the show. So thanks for taking the time to come sit down with me today.
Speaker 3: No, what do you kidd I'm great being on with you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate everything that you do and it's an hota for me to be on with you.
Speaker 2: You know, I love history because I believe that if we can sort of understand history, it sort of gives us this roadmap of where we're going. And so it's like if I touch the stove one time and I burn myself, if I touch it again, I'll probably burn myself, maybe my hand, maybe my arm, but like the same thing sort of happens. And you've been studying these trends for now decades, and so you've got a lot of this history and precedence. Before we started recording, you started telling me how we saw similarities to World War Two with Japan and Russia, Ukraine and now in Israel, and you see these things kind of repeating over and over. So tell us before we get into specific because I want to talk about your latest posts. You talk about rates down, markets up, there's a regime change for central banks around the world. I want to talk about the markets. I want to talk about nuclear war on the horizon, Russia warnings, things like that. I want to talk about Kamala and Trump and the media, propaganda and censorship. So those are topics I want to cover. But let's just start with the trends. So you've been doing this a long time. Tell us how you look through these trends and how that tells you a picture and kind of how this tells us where we're going in the future, Like what's your methodology?
Speaker 1: Well, number one, it's it's it's not what you want, what you like, or what you believe is what is. And one of my sayings is opportunity misses those who view the world through the eyes of their profession. And again, you know, I have my you know, my books, you know, international and bestseller. You know, Trends two thousand and the other one over here somewhere trend tracking far better than Mega trends Time Magazine. And I've been asked this a lot of years, you know, since nineteen eighty and so people get caught up in their belief system. And not only that, if you're studying economics and you're really grading economics, how about looking about what's going on in the world through the socioeconomic lens. So, for example, in your trends journal, we have a whole section on AI, a whole section on high tech science, the whole section on technocracy, whole section on geopolitics, whole section on global economics, whole sections in different areas. So we look at the world for the way it is. So for example, I subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, I get them delivered at the Financial Times.
Speaker 3: But I also travel the world.
Speaker 1: So now we have, for example, the Ukraine War going on, in the Israel War, well, the Israel War. I subscribe to hat E's, the Israeli newspaper. I want to know what they're saying. And I go to Global Times of Israel and Jerusalem Post, and then I go to Tiran Times. I want to hear what the Iranians are saying.
Speaker 3: Press TV.
Speaker 1: I want to hear what the Iranians are saying. ISNA and I RNA. I want to hear what the Iranians are saying. I go to Arab News, I go to Al Jazeera. I want to hear what the Arabs are saying. So we cover the world. We go to Global Times. What do the Chinese say? So then what we do in the Trend's Journal, we said, this is what's being reported, this is our analysis, and this is our trend forecast. So I'll give you an idea why we go to different sources.
Speaker 3: Go to I may have the article.
Speaker 1: Here the Financial Times just a couple of days ago, and It was about what's going on with this attack that just happened in in Lebanon, when Israel knocked out these pages and they've killed a couple of dozen people, and they say they wounded up to almost four thousand. This is the headline from Financial Times. Of course, in about six hundred and ninety dollars or something a year. Militant groups struggled struggles to restore calm after double blow exposes its vulnerabilities and they go on in a humiliating blow to a militant force. The explosion left the militant group. The militants leader Hassana Sola, the attack has embarrassed the militant group, the Iran backed militant group. The people said, the military it goes on militant group. Oh Hesbela is a militant group according to who, according to about sixty countries.
Speaker 3: Out of one hundred and ninety six.
Speaker 1: And why is hesbel a military group? They had the nerve to drive Israel at a Lebanon in two thousand and six. Why those lousy militants, Why look at those terrors that used to be in a rock in Afghanistan that try to throw out the Americans they are militants too. That's the difference in what we do. We don't use that kind of language that already sets the tone for the readers to look at it in one side.
Speaker 2: So you have to learn to look through the news and understand what's fact and then what's opinion. And then I guess over a period of time, when you're looking at it this way and multiple sources on both sides, then it sort of starts to help you understand where the fact and opinion in the Propagandali is that kind of what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And again, you know I used to be on Oh Brother, Today's show, Good Morning to marry everybody, everybody.
Speaker 3: All over the world. But they don't want to hear other one.
Speaker 1: I call them prostitutes, media whares that get paid to put out by their corporate pimps, and of them and war masters. Look at the clowns show. Oh what's that that woman sake on MSNBC.
Speaker 3: Where'd she come from? Oh?
Speaker 1: She was with the with the Biden administration. Oh and who's that guy, Stephanopolis. He was with the Bill Clinton Club. It's one after another. There's no journalism anymore. And again talking about by the way this was. This was a T shirt I did when Clinton ran for office back in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: Beware is slick, Willie.
Speaker 1: This is the lousy sob I could go on and on, gave us the Federal Communications Act in nineteen ninety six that allowed the Biggs to take over the entire media. Six companies controlled ninety two percent of Americans media. Back in the day, there were thousands, thousands of independent radio stations, newspapers, and TV stations, local gone, gone, gone, the big Zone everything. Yeah, so you're not getting any information the prostitutes.
Speaker 2: Of course, the Internet is sort of turning the tides on that. I want to get into the media propaganda. But let's just kind of start at the top here, because a lot of this is sort of downstream, if you will, almost right. So one of the things that you say a lot is when all else fails, you know, when the money supply runs out, when the debt is a is a limit, then they take you to war. So let's talk about the money side first, and then we'll go downstream of that. So you had just said rates down, markets up, So we think about these regime changes, and so the central banks and the Federal Reserve, but all the other major central banks have been in this tightening cycle, and now we've seen them move into this easing cycle. So the rates down easying or more comminative, and the markets are responding. Now a lot of people think that markets crash when the Fed's lower rates. History doesn't necessarily tell us that picture. I think a lot of it depends on the context of that. But what do you think about when you made that post saying rates down, markets up, and this in light of this new regime change that we're going into.
Speaker 3: Well, we've been saying that this is very simple.
Speaker 1: One of our you know, each year we do top trends, and one of our top trends this year was a golden year for gold. When we made gold prices are up almost six hundred dollars an ounce since we made that forecast.
Speaker 3: It was very simple.
Speaker 1: We said they're going to start lowering rates in a run up to the presidential reality show.
Speaker 3: They do it all the time.
Speaker 1: The lower interest rates go, the deeper the dollar falls. The deeper the dollar falls, the higher goal prices go up. And the only reason the dollar's been strong is because of the high interest rates. And you mentioned that they were in a tightening cycle. What brought them into the tightening cycle. Let's go back to the COVID War twenty twenty. Close down your business, don't go to work. Here's some free money, trillions, trillions, trillions, trillions, countless trillions of dollars across the globe, dumped into the markets on money backed by nothing and printed on nothing. So they did this tightening to try to stop the rising inflation. And again you know the numbers. What are the cost of the house now is like fifty percent more than it was four years ago. I mean, oh, and the debt. When you look at the real debt in the United States, when you put in social Security all the other stuff, it's like two hundred and sixty trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh, but we'll use the real.
Speaker 1: Number of a little bit over thirty five trillion and two trillion dollars just paying the interest on the day each year. I mean, who, what business, what individual could run a life with the equivalent of not the trillions, but the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars deep in debt, on and on and on and keep piling on more debt. Nobody can do it. The whole system is going to crash. It's only going to be a matter of time. And helped to say one other thing about this, going back to where the crisis is going to explode, beyond the geopolitical end. What no one is talking about. A forecast be made in May of twenty twenty, when they force people to work from home. Office building bust. In the next two years and four months, four trillion dollars worth of commercial real estate loans are coming due your office vacancy rate. Nobody there in the major cities in the United States officially is that twenty four percent. On fiftieth Street in New York City, in Midtown Manhattan, about a month ago, the building sports Illustrated used to be there that sold for three one hundred and twenty million dollars in two thousand and six, went up for auction and sold for eight point five million dollars. You could look it up, Google it up.
Speaker 3: It's right there.
Speaker 1: You know why, because all this bs that they're going to convert these into apartments. That's all it is. Buildings built within the fifth last fifty years. Again, only go by the data. It's not what I'm making up. It's being reported, are non convertible. Let's take that one on fiftieth Street. It's in the middle of the block, got no windows behind you, got no windows from side to side.
Speaker 3: How are you going to turn it into apartments? Now?
Speaker 1: With people not going back to work and the guy or whoever firm that has you know, fifteen flaws in a building, they don't see the people anywhere who were working working in cubicles.
Speaker 3: I don't need all the space. You stay home coming two or three days a week.
Speaker 1: Your office occupancy rate according to Castle Systems with a K fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, not only the bank's going to go bust, which they're not talking about, not at all. And let's go back to twenty twenty three, not ancient history. Silicon Khanman, Valley Bank, Signature Bank, First Republic Bank went busted. The markets were crashing and goal prices was spiking. That was three banks. Oh and you know as well that last week they were trying to force the banks to have more money in the banks to cover losses, and they said, screw you.
Speaker 3: We're not doing it. We run the government.
Speaker 1: Basically, I tell everybody a good sight to go to is called Wall Street on parade by Pam and Russ Martin's and they write more about the banksters and the criminality of it than anybody that I know. So again, they don't have the money to cover it. And when they got all that free money during the COVID War in the beginning, they bore, they bought treasuries right with zero interest rates, So they don't have the dough.
Speaker 3: To cover this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a fresh which you've never seen.
Speaker 2: From somebody who's been now reporting this since the eighties, like you said, and obviously even paying attention much longer than that. You know, something that I talk about quite often is that something changed, and I really pinned that to two thousand and eight when we saw q start here in the United States. But really what we saw was a shift in the way that central banks and governments interact in markets. And so you know, in this sevents the eighties, the two thousand crash, it didn't seem like the government wanted to intervene so much. Maybe they were proactive, they sort of like let things kind of see how they settled, and sure they fiddled with their rates a little bit, but you didn't see the ballouts, and now two thousand and eight was like, oh shoot, we should do something. It was very late, took about three years from the real estate crash in six till the time they finally bail at the banks in two thousand and eight, about thirty thirty months. But now what we're seeing is that they're not just waiting to be reactionary. They're proactive. And so in twenty twenty it took six days to get the bailouts. Put to your point about the Wall Street banks in twenty twenty three, we injected the money in six days. And when you look at sort of that trend back to the Trends Journal, when you look at the trend in the way they interact, and now they're being proactive. They're setting out the swap lines. And even further you mentioned the banks like in two thousand and eight, I mean they bought all those mortgage backed securities, just put them on the books, same thing that they did in the three banks collapse in twenty twenty three. And I understand this big debt bomb you're talking about the commercial real estate market, but based off of the trend in the way central banks work in the market. Why wouldn't they just put that on their balance sheet. I mean, I believe, of course they will. And I'm just curious your point on.
Speaker 1: That it's going to be bigger than that we are going to be able to cover and get away with.
Speaker 3: It's going to bed.
Speaker 1: But of course they could lie about it, like you're talking about two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, the Federal Reserve dumped in twenty nine trillion dollars to bail out the banks.
Speaker 2: And no one's ever heard that number. Lead the Institute of Bard College, Well, no one's ever heard that number before.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: Again, according to the leading institute at Bard College, twenty nine trillion dollars. This is going to be much much worse. And because what you have is a reality. And then let's go back again. You know, by the way, I thought the markets were going to crash again in twenty and twelve, but they didn't. It's what you were saying, what they'll do. They didn't teach me about quantitative easing was zero interest rate policy in economics one oh one. Well, graduate school, they'll make up any crap that they want. So, yes, they're going to try to avoid it. But I believe it's going to be unavoidable again because you have to keep looking at the whole picture. Look at again, we write about this over and over again. Look at all the businesses that depended on commuters that are going out of business.
Speaker 3: Look at.
Speaker 1: We sit with the sayings is the fish rots from the head down. Look at luxury sales declining across the board. Look at dollar general, a dollar, trio, dollar this, a dollar that, and what they're reporting report. Listen to what Walmart is saying year the sales are going up because people at once upon a time had money, can't afford it any more.
Speaker 3: They're going to Walmonts.
Speaker 1: This thing's going down. It's artificially propped up. And you saw the employment numbers that came out though they were weaker than expected. And in what kind of jobs are being created, well, in the healthcare services and hospitality and those kind of sectors service sector jobs that pay nothing. Now, this is serious and again it's going to do. I agree with you one thousand percent. They will do anything possible to try to push it back up, but I think it's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: And again, this is global it.
Speaker 1: Look what happened Canary wharf, HSBC moved out one after another, one after another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is global. And if we look at current history, recent history, past history, so we look at Argentina, Venezuela, Lebanon, Turkey, we can go back a little bit further. We can look at like, you know, Zimbabwe, we can go further back. You know why am o republic. There's never been a case ever, and you can correct me if I'm wrong. I can't remember a case ever where a government said, well, boys, pack it up. It was a good run while it lasted, and then just let the whole system crash. Instead, it's always the law of diminishing returns, where they say, well, let's just keep going until it doesn't work anymore. That's what I see happening in the world today and in previous So based off of that and understanding a little bit of human psychology, it makes me think that they pedal to the metal until the metal doesn't work anymore, the law of diminishing returns. And so while we're still getting some growth, eventually the stimulus stops working. Eventually Zimbabwe collapses. But Venezuela, Argentina, at Lebanon, they can keep going for a really long time.
Speaker 3: Again, go back to the Great Depression. They couldn't get out of it. You World War two got it.
Speaker 2: But you would argue that that's go back. But you would argue that in the Great Depression, the government didn't dump in twenty nine trillion dollars and if they did of they probably could have blown the stimulus wide open.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. You know, so sometimes it works and sometimes they don't do anything. And I think this time there's no way out of it. I don't think there's a way they're gonna try to do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, look what goes on. I mean they got to think all the.
Speaker 1: Plunge protection to you, what are you talking to, Oh, we're gonna rig the markets if they go down too deep. I mean it's a crime work. If people call it a government I call it a crime stap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm certainly not saying that they'll get out of it. Like there's only one outcome, that's there's only one probable welcome at this The question I was just asking is when you look at argentinavan Is, way at Lebanon, Turkey, they all continue going until it doesn't work anymore. But that seems like it takes a really long time to get there. So rather than like a big crash shut it down, it's like, let's just keep printing until we go into hyperinflation at some point.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, that could be well, well be as well.
Speaker 1: But again, it's gonna the economy is going to keep going down, right, it's not going to keep growing.
Speaker 3: It's going to grow very slowly and just in continuing to clucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what we see in Argentina and all those countries. I mean, the rich, the rich gets smaller and smaller and small heard the poor get bigger and bigger and bigger. Because the economy continues to grumble. Things go on. They muddle along, so to speak. But it's it's bad for the majority of the people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well the facts are roll there.
Speaker 1: How the majority of the people are suffering. I mean, who could afford what was the average price of a home now, like, you know, four hundred and fifty thousand dollars or something like that. And when your median household incomes wide about you know, seventy four thousand median household income. That means everybody in the family working too now they can't afford it. You know, and then and the bigs bud again going back to the the panic of O eight that domain name, by the way, it took out in two thousand and seven. All of a sudden, these companies like Blackstone and everybody buying up all of these homes as people are losing them. And now look at all the apartment the homes that they own that I call those plantation workers of slave land deer. They can't afford to buy their homes, and the big zone all the homes. And you're talking about the decline of the country. You know, to me, well, you know, I mean to me at the time, you know, the Vietnam War. But the big decline began to happen. People forget that. They were pushing NAFTA between Reagan and Bush Senior. They couldn't pull it off, and they brought in Clinton. They called them like, they called this thing like a whole new Democratic Party. They stopped becoming liberals and they became this is the guy that again I mentioned, he gave us the nineteen seventies, nineteen ninety six to zero Communications Act, did away with the Glass Stiegel Act, brought China into the World Trade Organization. Every time he got caught with his pants down, his bombs away over bag Dad, the Yugoslav War. One thing after another, this guy unto me it changed again. I'm up in upstate New York. There used to be factories up here, Clinton, I mean Kingston Gant Factory, the Church Factory used to be here.
Speaker 3: There's one factory after another. They're all gone. It all started to happen.
Speaker 1: Going down really quick after they brought NAFTA and then China into the World Trade Organization. Why should you pay the people living wages when you could pay slave wages and make more on your product.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly helped offset the inflation that they inflicted under the American people. At least they could buy cheaper goods, but at the rate of then obviously losing their jobs. So it wasn't a good trade. So we're in this situation now where it's inescapable. I think we both agree on that the timeframe of when it takes to get that love diminishing returns to kick in is unknowable. I think it goes on longer than most people think, but to the point that that you typically make Then moving on to the sort of the next topic is that you always say, then they take you to war, and so you're mentioning obviously now sort of every time these things went every time one of these new policies went through, it was bombs over Baghdad, so to speak. And so now we're moving into war, not just one war, multiple wars at the same time. And for you, someone who's been reporting the trends now for since the eighties. In the eighties we were still under the Cold War, we were still in an arms race. I feel like, and I'm not old enough to remember, so I'm asking you, I feel like we're closer to potential nuclear war today than we've ever been that I can remember. What's your take on that? And are we going to be able to get out of this alive?
Speaker 1: The cover of the Trends Journal magazine on February twenty second, twenty twenty two, two days before the Russian invasion over there Ukraine, from COVID War to Ukraine War to World War.
Speaker 3: World War III has already d begun.
Speaker 1: I agree with you totally. We are on the verge of nuclear annihilation. We have crazy people running a country near you. I said, what's your favorite war? I like the Peloponnesian War.
Speaker 3: It was lovely. I don't know. The War of Roses was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh, the one hundred Year War was just so delightful. What's your favorite crusade? Well, I like the eighth one better than the third one. You got crazy people running the show. You know, there's this is George Washington. Now, this is a real man, not like these little gutless boys, every one of them Draft dodgers, little Billy Clinton, Biden five draft deferments, Trump four draft deferments, and we're on.
Speaker 3: The same age.
Speaker 1: And I got I did everything I could, everything, everything I could not to get into Vietnam War. And I want to make this one thousand percent clear. I was stupid enough as a young kid to believe the crap that they were selling that if we don't stop those Commies in Vietnam, the dominoes are going to keep falling, and before you know it, they'll cross all of Asia and hit the shores of California. I even voted for Richard Nixon in nineteen sixty eight. I did everything I could to beat the draft because I didn't want to get my brains blown out. Moving forward, talking about George Washington, and I talked about these little gutless little boys like Obama, the nobel piece of crap prize winner, a little slime. Oh no, folks, he always spoke so probably folks always folking us, folks. Folks sold themselves as a peace candidate. As soon as that piece of crap got into office, the Afghan troop surge. I want that guy, Kadaffi. Oh no, don't say it like that. Kadaffi has to go. Assad has to go. I'm mentioning these little gutless little clowns that loved war, that couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. You call these guys out man to man. They don't know whether to episs, are shit they vote?
Speaker 3: Don't don't talk to me like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, war mongering, little gutless boys. But there's a man that actually fought. His name was George Washington across to Delaware. This is his farewell address.
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 1: It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, observe good faith and justice toward all nations, cultivate peace and harmony with all the nation which indulges toward another. An habitual hatred or in habitual fondness, is in some degree a slave.
Speaker 3: It is a slave to.
Speaker 1: Its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duties and interests.
Speaker 3: It goes on.
Speaker 1: Basically, he goes on to say, this crap has been going on for thousands and thousands of years. We're not going to fix it, and it's none of our business. We need to protect America. We need to build America and not get involved in any foreign entanglements.
Speaker 3: And now these gutless little clowns.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I love these guys, all dressed up in their military drag with their little boy scout little things that they got their rewards. You know, well you're talking to over here? Who you Oh, you're an isolationist? What isolationist?
Speaker 3: I believe in the founding fathers. And that's why I bought.
Speaker 1: I owned three pre revolutionary warstone buildings on the most historic four corners in America in Kingston, New York, seventeen fifty fronts, Rogan House, seventeen sixty three, Doctor Jensen House, and the seventeen seventy four Academy.
Speaker 3: When first public schools. This is the third Dutch settlement here.
Speaker 1: I bought these because the Sieds of Democracy was selling here the constitution that was written for Kingston for New York State when Kingston was the capital before they British burnt it down after the Battle of Saratoga.
Speaker 3: I went to jewelry.
Speaker 1: Do you this is with the guy who put the thing on the head. He said, you see that picture on my shoulder, that's John Jay. John Jay was a judge here and over seventy percent of the constitution was written for New York State.
Speaker 3: Is America's constitution.
Speaker 1: I bought these buildings and I launched Occupy Peace because, as I say, I'm only me because I'm monopoly Tano. Born in the Bronx, born to be free. If I was born in at the Villa Pina Vika Quins, that wouldn't be me. I love this country and that's why I launched Occupy Peace. I was looking to leave it one time. I said, I'm not going to go love it to leave it.
Speaker 3: No, you leave it. Don't you tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: And I've been in the political system. I was assistant to the Treasury Secretary of the assistant to the Secretary of the New York State Senate is a picture of me picking up Ronald in a Chicago hilt in nineteen seventy six, two days before he's running against Jerold Ford. Putting on a brunch for sixteen of our boarded directors. You know, one after another. I've been on the other side.
Speaker 3: It's a freak show.
Speaker 1: Gutless, little arrogant, arrogant morons telling us what to do. It's up to be the people. They're only public servants. No, no, I'm the politician. I'll tell you what to do. Get back in your house, close down your business, stand six feet apart because the wind blows exactly in straight lines and sixth seat wind doesn't take it anywhere. And put on that mask when.
Speaker 3: You go into that airplane or I'll throw you off.
Speaker 1: But when you're eating and drinking, you take it off because COVID knows when you're eating and drinking.
Speaker 3: All right. When I was a.
Speaker 1: Little kid, they had us hiding under a desk in case an Adam bomb went off. And then when I was in high school, we had to stand up the wall with our way hands behind it, and they said, if it's see a flash, don't look at it. If I see a flash, I'll be dust. You got morons in shade scubi.
Speaker 2: All right, now, while we're talking about bitcoin in the future of the financial system, I want to make sure you secure it properly. Millions of bitcoin have been lost. Myself personally has lost a lot of bitcoin, maybe worth millions of dollars in today's dollars, and so I've learned the hard way that I want to secure it with a hardware wallet like this. Keep your private key safe. This is a Treasure hardware wallet. You plug it in, you do your transaction, and you unplug it. Don't leave it on exchange. I've lost it that way. Don't leave your bitcoin on the phone. I've lost it that way as well. Secure it with a hardware wallet like Treasure. I've used it for over a decade. I think it's the easiest one to use. It's open source hardware, so you don't have to worry about some backdoor and someone rug pulling you and taking your bitcoin. That's why I like the Treasure, And it's pretty cheap. And if you'd like to save even more money, there's a link in the description down below that you can save some money with it. But look whether you use a treasure or not you something, don't leave your bitcoin on the exchange or at risk of getting hacked off of your phone secure with the herd wallet like this treasure. There's a link down below. Let's go back into the video you mentioned earlier sort of how media has been taken over by you know, a few, a few people, and then I kind of threw out quickly, I want to I want to circle back to that technology has sort of changed that because now with the Internet, we have you know, independent news now and we have you know, we're in a day and age where Tucker Carlson gets more views than the entire media complex, you know, combined. So does Joe Rogan as well, you know, Russell Brand, and there's tons of those people, which is obviously a problem for the establishment. And so what we're seeing now, which is super alarming and disturbing to me, is this massive push for global censorship and it's coming on really strong and we're seeing it you know, Ireland, the UK, Brazil, very very scary. But what's even more scary is I mean Tim Walls Kamala's running meet is talking about how you shouldn't have the right to say whatever you want. We say, Hillary Clinton on the news just the last couple of days talking about how they should prosecute misinformation, and in that same conversation, as she's talking about prosecuting disinformation, she's giving disinformation, citing the Russia Russia Gate, which she falsely proclaimed as real information. And so this propaganda, the push the media propaganda which you're talking about, on top of the censorship right there. Media propaganda and censorship at the same time is a big problem. And we're being told that they have to do this to save democracy when they're threatening democracy at the right time. So what do you see on the trend of this censorship, And hopefully you got some good news for me, because this seems to be the single biggest problem we're facing today. In my opinion, it's gonna get worse. Again, that's not what I wanted.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Look, we're during the COVID War. Look during the COVID War, if you didn't believe in the COVID jeb you know you're a jerk. Look at all the little clown boys and clown girls they called celebrities selling the crap, and you were attacked if you didn't believe it. I put on a piece. I had a rally over here when everything was locked down. I said, little Andy Cromo, come over here and stop me. I'm one of the most hated.
Speaker 3: Guys up here. Oh you didn't get a vaccination.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna get a you know, gene therapy warped, first ever operation warp speed thing that they invented. People swallowed the crap they're gonna I'm telling you, they're gonna take more and more of our rights away from us. They talk about it, then they do it.
Speaker 3: And look at what goes on too.
Speaker 1: You've seen all the data coming out how how uh uh Facebook or Metal with ere you call themselves now bowed down and all of the rest of them twittered, bowed down to what the government wanted them to do. During the COVID War. It's it's we've lost our freedom on so many different fronts. I do a podcast every day with every every day, every Wednesday with Judge Napolitano. This guy knows more about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights than anybody that I know. And it's week after week the loss of our liberty and freedom. It's a crime, syndicate. And again, Hillary Clinton, what did many mouse say, why the hell would I believe anything spewing out of that craphead's mouth.
Speaker 3: Oh don't you know who I am?
Speaker 1: I was the first lady, A little jerky husband of us nothing, a little boy of nothing. It's one little nothing telling us what to do them. The Biden administration was going to put that whole misinformation team in. It's not misinformation, it is you don't believe the government lies. You have no right to think for yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they came up with a new two. It wasn't just misinformation now, it's also what they call malinformation, and malinformation is what they consider to be information. They don't like. It's bad malinformation, bad information because it could go against the interest of what the government has. So they can't say it's miss it's not wrong, it's not this, but it's mal it's bad. And that's a scary precedent right there. But we are seeing back to the trend, right, I'm looking for the trend. I'm looking for a point where maybe the pendulum is starting to swing back, maybe the optimist right. We do see Elon Musk standing in the face of sort of the world censorship complex, if you will, and maybe just maybe we're seeing maybe Zuckerberg, go will shoot. If Musk can do that, maybe I could stand up against them a little bit. Do you think maybe we're starting to see a little bit of pushback, maybe enough people to sort of start swinging this back the other way.
Speaker 3: Not at all, No, not at all. See it getting much worse.
Speaker 1: And again, think about what you just said with Zuckerberg, with Gates, why should they have any power of war?
Speaker 3: How about we the people? How about we the people? Oh no, no, no, oh, I was so shocked. It took me. It took me weeks.
Speaker 1: The pain was so severe that a tycoon yachts sunk off the coast of Italy. If your friend's boat sings, who gives a damn? Oh no, but he was a tycoon, that is yachts sak twelve days in the news, front page pictures on a front page of the Wall Street Journal. Why do the bigs control every damn thing that we have in our lives?
Speaker 3: Hey, but they don't give a penny for peace?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if the billionaires gave a billion dollars to our occupy peace movement, we got peace tomorrow. No no, no, no, no, no, all right, here here, you're a Warren Buffett. I tell you have six pre revolutionary restoring buildings. I used to rent one of them out to his son. The Novo Foundation never gave me a penny, not a penny for one of our peace movements, and he was there for one of them when I had Ralph Nadier. Not a penny for peace. Why do I give a damn when I look at that sucker berg? Who the hell are they to tell us what to do. It's up to the people. It's up to the people to unite and to have the fight in them. That again, I grew up during a hippie time. This isn't a hippie time. This isn't about roses and this a piece.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, this is no. I want peace.
Speaker 1: Don't you tell steal my money, give it to the military industrial complex to kill people over across invations around the world, when my country is rotting in front.
Speaker 3: Of my eye.
Speaker 1: The roads are shit, the shit, Hey how about am crap? Look at the rail system we got take go to New York, take the subway. SI night in Calcutta, the bridges are collapsing everywhere. It's up to the people. It's up to the people. That's what this country was founded upon.
Speaker 3: We the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always the people. I put up a tweet yesterday and I said, right now somewhere an entrepreneur is coming up thinking of a way to solve one of your pains or problems. Also, right now a government regulators thinking about some new rule of regulation that will prevent him from doing that. And so it's really coming down to this race as we the people, we the builders, we the entrepreneurs. Can we move fast enough? Can we move fast or than what the government regulators are doing to try to come and stop and prevent that. I want to move into this next last topic and we'll wrap this up here. Back to the trends. We have an election cycle. We're an election cycle right now. We have a presidential election cycle election coming up. What I see as a trend is that this election seems to be like the most important election we've ever had. But that was also said the last election and the one before, and the one before and the one before. It seems like though, because the government continues to get bigger, bigger, bigger, Because in that ship gets worse, worse, worse, each one does become more important. So do you see this one as that important today based off of this. You know long time that you've been sort of looking at this. Is it really escalating or have we been in worse times before?
Speaker 1: This is the worst time I believe in the history of the world. I suggest people consider reading John F. Kennedy's speech to graduating students at American University in nineteen sixty three June. It was all about peace, and he goes on he said we shouldn't hate the people in the Soviet Union. He said they suffered more than anybody else in World War Two. He goes on to say some twenty million of them killed, and they lost their land the equivalent, and their farms and factories the equivalent and homes of Chicago to.
Speaker 3: The East coast.
Speaker 1: He said, if we go to nuclear war with them, life on Earth will be destroyed in twenty four hours. He ends it by saying America will never go to war again. That was in June, July, August, September, October, November, Jack, you had dead. And by the way, I have a photograph of me and John Connolly. John Connolly was the governor of Texas that took the bullet in the back. I have a photo of meet him and his wife Nelly in front of the book depository. Actually has the side of the book depository where the shot came from, in the side of the book depository.
Speaker 3: He wanted to meet me.
Speaker 1: It was his first time back since the assassination nineteen ninety two. Going back, this is the worst time. And by the way, we're going back into the Anato hotel. He said, I read your book and that's why he wanted to meet me. Trend tracking and he said that I know your heart's in the right place. He said, you don't have a clue what's going on, because if you did it, and he said in neither do the American people, because if they did, there be a revolution in this country.
Speaker 3: This is nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Oh. By the way, he was the Democratic governor of Texas when he took the bullet in the back. He became the Republican Treasury secretary on the Nixon that took us off the gold standard. So going back to this being the most important election, I just said to you what Kennedy said in nineteen sixty three that if we go to war with the Soviet Union, life on earth will be destroyed.
Speaker 3: In twenty four hours. Life on Earth now will be destroyed in the blink of an eye.
Speaker 1: Look what just happened with that pager thing that the Israelis did to Lebanon. I was a keynote speaker at the Virginia Military Institute in two thousand and in my book Trends two thousand, I wrote about new millennium warfare, and that's what we're facing. We're facing things that we can't even imagine, cannot even imagine. And again going back to Hillary Clinton, look at her on that interview after they killed Kadafi and the interviewer asked her, how did you feel we came.
Speaker 3: We saw he died. How about Madaline? Not all that bright.
Speaker 1: When asked on sixty minutes under the Clinton administration when she was United States Ambassador to the UN. Unless he stall asks her, are the lives of five hundred thousand Iraqi children under the age of five that have died because of what Bill Clinton has done to Iraq?
Speaker 3: Worth the price? And she said, yes it is.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this because you got maniacs in charge. Yes, this is the most important election of our lifetime, because we are on the brink of nuclear annihilation.
Speaker 3: I want to read you something.
Speaker 1: This is from Pope Francis, or I would call Pope Adope. Pope Francis tells us Catholics, you ready to choose lesser of evil in the coming election. Not voting is ugly, he said, it's not good. You must vote. You must choose the lesser evil. Who is the lesser evil? The lady or that gentleman, I don't know? Lesser of in evil? Hey, got son? How about the better of a good? How about the greater of the greatest?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, a lesser of two? Hey, hey, got son? What christ are you talking about that believes in evil? Who you're talking to? I'll tell you I'm talking to I'm talking to morons and swallow my crap. Hey, where are are you Catholic priests out there? How come you're not out there for peace? Hey?
Speaker 3: What do all you? Quake has dyed on earthquake and not out there for peace? Oh? The seventh day? Veath is waiting for the eighth day?
Speaker 1: Where are all the religions? No, no vote for an evil. There's no such thing as a lesser to evil. As I say, almost pregnant.
Speaker 2: When you think about what you said. I was just looking it up, this commitments speed that you're talking about that John F. Kennedy, American University, June tenth, nineteen sixty three. And it was titled a Strategy of Peace. And when you think about just the juxtaposition of that versus where we're at today, and so to your point, I mean, the stakes had never been higher, but they have because back then we were on the brink of nuclear war as well. But the difference of the two positions, which was one talking it down, like jfk Hey, we need peace, We need to reel this in realize that the Russian people are not our enemy. We have disagreement with the governments, but they're not our enemy. We should we should back this down versus today unfortunately, to the point they're making the Kamala Biden administration with Hillary Clinton the other Neocon warmongerers in there, they just want to continue pushing forward. They want to continue poking the bear, so to speak, right, the Russian bear. And so really both both times nineteen sixty three, today the world is on the brink of nuclear war. But the difference in the leadership and the attitude one wanting to talk it down, one wanting to escalate it. And I think that really encapsulates exactly what you're talking about and really how important this election is, because to your point, we are at the brink of this catastrophic situation, is catastrophic war, and one side wants to take us deeper into it, and the other side Trump has shown four years that he is good at removing that threat of war. So I think that really brings the risk of what we're facing here to the forefront. I want to wrap this up, Gerald, I mean, man, you've given us so much information, so much food for thought, and unfortunately a lot of scary food for thought. But what do you want to say, like in closing, just to everybody listening that may maybe is a little bit scared by this. I mean, what should they be thinking doing to sort of prepare and really protect themselves and their family during this time?
Speaker 1: Well, you know one of my gcs three geez guns Golden a ghetto way plan. The most important thing really, by the way, to me, what could change it? A renaissance and what followed the Black Plague. The renaissance the people realized they were killing themselves, who were destroying themselves. Ah, the ramana Al antique and the manner of the Romans and the ancients to describe the quality of their work.
Speaker 3: We need a renaissance.
Speaker 1: And to me, for everybody, the most important thing is to get in the best shape you can physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Speaker 3: Like you just like right now. You know, you saw how angry I am.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you could read Saint Thomas Aquinas who says that anybody that is not angry when it's morally justifiable to be angry, is immorl Yeah, and those who are not angry, you know, when.
Speaker 3: It is justifiable, when it's justifiable.
Speaker 1: To be angry, they are immoral. So, yeah, I'm angry, but I also surround myself with beauty. I try to stay in the best shape that I can. You know, one of the books I worked on, by the way, way back when in the eighties was called Natural Healing as the first book I was a big It was a Warner book. And so people need to be in the best shape they can in every way they can, because this way they're thinking clearer.
Speaker 3: And their spirit rises.
Speaker 1: And when the spirit rises high enough, we can unite under an umbrella of we the people.
Speaker 3: And as I say, united. We stand.
Speaker 1: Divided, we die, and we are in a very divisive time right now, and we have to unite for peace. And that's why I launched Occupy Peace over a decade ago. I you know, it's my business to you know, see what's evolving in this you know, I'm gonna make this real quick.
Speaker 3: I was the I was the number two guy running a.
Speaker 1: Major trade association at thirty years old, living between DC and Chicago, and I was killing environmental legislation at the height of environmental movement in the nineteen seventies. And I started to grow up after I, you know, and when I moved up here, I moved to Rhinebeck. Went back in those days, nobody.
Speaker 3: Even heard of the place, and now it's like the Hamptons of the North in New York.
Speaker 2: I was a.
Speaker 1: Recluse for four years because I started to see the future evolve and it started breaking my heart. And it's devolved in front of our rimes. And so I'm doing everything I can. And again, I you know, I had a perfect life. Pull a lot of shit in my way, kidding. I just told you he's killed environmental legislation. But I grew up, and that's what I'm saying, get in the best shape you can. I've never worked harder in my life. You see the magazine, what is it average? About one hundred and eighty two hundred pages a week, no adds. So you got to do the best you can because they're all in this together.
Speaker 3: It's not about me or you.
Speaker 1: But and again, I surround myself with beauty. I have art everywhere, and art is to me. It's a wonderful French girlfriend of mine. My reps said, art is the way of finding the true meaning of the human spirit, and we have to bring that back.
Speaker 3: We need a renaissance.
Speaker 1: We need peace and love and caring and what used to be life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a great way to end that, you know. And I just want to just add on to what you're saying. I mean, what you're saying is do the best that you can. And he goes onto something I've been kind of saying, which is like we if we're not we're selfish, Like we should be learning new skills and doing new things so we can help more people. And we really we can lead by that example. And that's one of the things that communism hates right. They want everyone to live in this lie. They don't want people living their best life because then it encourages other people to do that. But that's exactly what we should be doing, not telling people. That's what they do. They tell you what to do. We want to lead by example. So yeah, be the best person that you can be. Be in the best shape you can be, mentally, physically, spiritually, to your point, and then hopefully that influences, not controls or forces, but influences other people to then also rise up and be better versions of themselves. We lead by example. That's how America became great. Leading by example. We have to do that all, one by one. Gerald, thank you so much for joining me today. The Trends Journal, as he said, it's like one hundred pages of information he writes it. I mean, the amount of effort he puts into this is amazing. We're going to link to that in the show notes down below, but he should definitely check that out. Sign up for his newsletters, and with that, Joe, we're gona ahead and sign it off.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for having me, and thank you so much for what you do. I appreciate it very very much. As I said, it's an honor for me to be on
Speaker 2: With you, always a pleasure,