Speaker 1: This episode is sponsible by game Time Ticket and App. The start of the NBA season is underway and you don't want to miss the hype atmosphere watching the basketball game live.
Speaker 2: Energy of the fans at the beginning of the season is incredible. And game Time has a new feature called game Time Picks that makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier, and it filters out of the fluff to show you incredible deals on great seats so you don't have to waste time searching through thousands of tickets.
Speaker 1: I like using the game Time app when I want to attend a concert or comedy show. Game Time Ticket and App is the only ticketing app that gives you complete peace of mind with your purchase. I really like the all En pricing because it shows how much I'm going to have to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the game Time app right now and it's easy to find different tickets and different price points. The NBA season is beginning and I know your favorite team is going to need your support.
Speaker 1: Take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time Picks. Download the game Time App, creating account and use cold Green for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again creating account and redeem code g R E E N for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 3: Download game time today? What time is it? Game time? Hey? L J.
Speaker 2: You see our boy Joe Ellenbiid has yet to play a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's been a lot of conversation about him sitting out back to backs. But I will say players are starting to think about their future after basketball is.
Speaker 3: Over as well.
Speaker 2: Word but I know Loads word, but I know loan management for him has to be something the whole franchise got to be thinking about at this point. It got me thinking about how long seasons is about to be for you as well. This is about to be a long season for you, dog.
Speaker 3: So I went.
Speaker 2: Shopping yesterday on Amazon and I got some looks for you, some different.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Word, but I know Load's management for him has to be something the whole franchises, you know, thinking about, they worried about. And then it got me thinking, man, you know you ain't what your thirteenth year. You know, I gotta be thinking about you, brother. So I went shopping yesterday on Amazon and I got to look for you with some different options, and I got a box and a gift for you, and I ordered something from you for Amazon for this season.
Speaker 3: There it is, it's already open. Hey, a massage gun.
Speaker 1: This is clutch for anybody who travels a lot, especially for me when playing role games load managements.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I looked at different options and feel like I ordered the right gift for you.
Speaker 3: Got it all right? How fucked up on that? All right? Word? Oh? Okay, okay with that? Weren't But it's already open. Oh wait, oh okay, okay, starting to work.
Speaker 2: But I know load manage for him for uh word? But I know load management for him has to be something the whole franchise has been thinking about. And it has me thinking about you, Drey. It got me thinking, you know, this is a long season and for you. I had to go shopping yesterday on Amazon. I looked at different options and I feel like I ordered the right thing for you, brother, You have the right gift for me.
Speaker 3: There it is already. Oh hey, a massage gun.
Speaker 1: This is clutch for anyone who travels a lot, and especially for me when playing road games. However, load management really becomes a factor in back to backs games across the country.
Speaker 3: See I'm looking out for my dog. I appreciate it. Man. You know them back to them back to backs. They are tough. And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I understand where older players are coming from when they say when they say, yo, you need to play back to the backs.
Speaker 3: There's no such thing as low management. We have X amount of games.
Speaker 1: But then you see, like some of the older players and their bodies are broken down later in life. And I think with all of the science that we have today, everyone takes things a bit more seriously and we use the science whereas they didn't have that back in the day. So you know, it's a couple of things rearing his ugly head. But yet I think there's valid points for both sides. I agree, man.
Speaker 2: You know, plus products are better now. You know when I play, they had a massage gun and it was still and so if they hit your bomb, bro, it hit like your shit, you may be out for the game. Now you know, they got all these great products, and so shout out to Amazon. I picked the right gift for you, bro, Hulp, you like the massage gun, shied long chevity, much needed longevity.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, YouTube subscriber, perfectly, what's good. Remember to hit the subscribe button so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 1: I can't even get Okay, all right, tell me how this is What's Good. Remember to hit the subscribe button so you don't miss an episode. Okay, all right, I'm gonna starting What's Good. Remember to hit the subscribe button so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: The Draymond Green Show with Baron Davis doesn't happen without you, so please subscribe.
Speaker 3: What's up? Everyone? Welcome back to The Draymond Green Show. B Day. What to do? What you're doing with my brother? What's up a big dog? How you feeling? I feel great, brother? Uh, disappointed and lost last week, but we'll get into that. If I got something over the weekend, I see you, tweeted.
Speaker 1: Just ran into at JJ Reddick at the car wash. He had the livetop watching film players coach Lakers in great hands hashtag dedication.
Speaker 3: Talk to me about this, like, like, what are you thinking when you run to the station.
Speaker 2: You know, bro, it's a casual Saturday. You know you're doing parents stuff. You that's your day off. You know what I mean? You probably coming off of back to back. You know, we all in the same, you know, J we all in the same neighborhood. Our kids play at the park, and so I was going to get my car washed, and me and my kids went and got some lunch. I come back from the car wash, I see JJ Redd and he run up on me.
Speaker 3: What's up, BD, what's up? Jj? I look over there. I'm like, damn, bro, you over here. You getting it in? Uh? You're working. He's like, man, I ain't playing around. And we sat there.
Speaker 2: We had a conversation about just him the team, and I was telling him, like, yo, bro, your personality on this team gives him real leadership. And he was just talking about like you know, looking at breaking down film, but talking about the game, and it's he's one of those dudes you can talk basketball all day, you know what I mean. And you know, I got excited because it's you know, it's like talking to one of your peers as a coach, and you're like, man, I want you to win so bad because you know what the fuck you're talking about, you know what I mean? And and and you gonna get these dudes to play like he talking about all other players, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: He talking about you know, that's that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: He talking about the You know, absolutely bron gonna do what he's do. You know that a D a D now, We all know how special a D is. But a D right now is playing at the level that everyone has kind of hoped and thought that he would play at for many years.
Speaker 3: The way he's dominating right now is unlike an ad We Tarver sitting in my opinion, and I think that that does have You know that that does have a lot to do with coaching.
Speaker 1: I think coaching has you know, one of the biggest roles for a coach is you're one of two things.
Speaker 3: You're even either a confidence giver or you're a confidence taker. And what it's looking like with not only a D, but with.
Speaker 1: Austin Reeves, Austin Reeves d D Low hasn't played this great, But what it's looking like with those other guys is Jackson Hayes.
Speaker 3: They have confidence and they have a belief in themselves. And man, when you got that type of confidence and you're getting that from the coast, it.
Speaker 2: Goes a long way, especially in the league right because everybody can play and a lot of it is like I don't think fans or people really understand it's all and tangibles, right am I playing do I got confidence on working out? Like people when people say basketball is a mental game, it's all the mental components of the things you have to have, like some mental fortitude, you know what I mean, Like I'm really good, I'm sitting on the bench, you know what I mean, I'm losing my like. So having a coach believe in you and letting you go out and hoop the way you know how to hoop, bro, that that turns you into a whole different species, you know what I mean. And I think I'm we're seeing that, you know from the Lakers. I think you know when y'all had to run you you knew that, Like you already knew who you was coming to the game, you know what I mean. And you can do anything. You can make adjustments on the fly. So that type of confidence, right allows you to be a real, real basketball player, you feel, and not a system player.
Speaker 3: That's a fact, said, I agree. So they looking good. We'll see you know how it continues as we move forward, because one thing I do think is if they're going to continue to play out a high level, they are going to need a better dal for sure, Like d low or his shot making ability, his scoring ability. They're going to need him to play at a high level. And some of his interviews I saw early was kind of like a little I turn it, I catch you. You know. It was like you couldn't kind of tell whether he was.
Speaker 1: Over it or pull them. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So which way they turned him I think will be ultimately will be important as teams get into the season. You know, everybody start to get to, you know, a position of where they know what's going on, conditioning levels, all the stuff, and everybody's clicking. As you get into the season, you're going to need a better d LO. So I think that's something to watch for. But I think they are doing well. But I got one for you.
Speaker 3: I got another one for you. So a lot a lot of people talking about this one from your your era, although I did play against D two number one. First, I want to say congratulations to.
Speaker 2: Day, Congratulations to Flash my dog.
Speaker 3: That's my dog.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I think like to get a statue man like that, to get your jersey retired is one thing like That's that's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's great to get a statue like another level, Bro you're not going to.
Speaker 1: That's a totally now immortalized you know, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Number one. Like I said, congrats to him, but we must.
Speaker 1: What was your first thoughts when you saw the statue?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 1: You know, people are making a lot of body d Wade said, who is that? Guy?
Speaker 3: Man? Your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: First of all, First of all, I want to echo let you say.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Flash Hall of Famer Olympian, you know what I mean, NBA champ uh.
Speaker 3: You know, to have have.
Speaker 2: Your jersey retired to be immortalized in the statue, you know, incredible, you know what I mean? Probably emotional day all the people out there and shout out to the Miami Heat organization because they just always.
Speaker 3: You know, do it right.
Speaker 4: Until until they picked a person to design the statue.
Speaker 2: I got some jokes because I felt she was gonna a me this. I said, why did they give d Way a team move statue? When he said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he said who is it? I was like, man, who is that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Hey? Bro? Who is that? Who is that? Hey?
Speaker 2: I would like to make an announcement right now to anybody retiring or anybody picking another statue, please consult with Baron Davis Enterprises on how how to approve and design a statue. Come on, dude, I mean, come on, dog, we back check this out.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: Look how they did Iverson in Philly, and now look how they do it like this big huh.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe a statue they had.
Speaker 2: They gave a an Oscar an Oscar trophy.
Speaker 3: Come on, dude, that's the answer, yo.
Speaker 1: So check this out. Check this out. I saw pictures of d Wade viewing the statue face it's actually I think it was on Rachel Nichols page if d Wade viewing the statue, and I must say, the mock up of his face looks absolutely nothing like the statue turned out. So everybody's like, oh, d Wade saw at first, like he know, he saw, he approved it, But the mock up of his face before the turnout, it looked like d Wade. Afterwards it looked like Tim Thomas.
Speaker 3: I don't quite.
Speaker 1: Understand how it ended up that way. But my thing is like, don't they show the statue to maybe someone like pat Riley, like when it's complete, before they just unveiled and everybody like, oh, yo, who is that guy? I just and then and then another one is the then the the guy who made the statue comes out today with a statement saying it is not for all humans to understand, it's not for all human activity or something of that nature.
Speaker 3: And I'm just like, yo, you can't come out.
Speaker 2: And then that hey, you know what, it was one person that came out and agree with your statute.
Speaker 3: Facebook, Come on, you got this is what I think.
Speaker 2: I think they were like, yo, d Way, we need you to pose for this statue. And you know how busy is He's like, man, I ain't got all all day and this ship was taken all day. So he called his cousin and say, hey, man, so you think it could be his cousin. He was like, man, I'm tired of this ship. He doesn't stand in And the artist didn't know if it was d Wade or the cousin Dshaun Wade, damn man, shout.
Speaker 3: Out to this way man. We love you, bro, We love you bro. It's just no butler. I actually saw the Wade last week. Man.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure just to see d Wade, to be in his presages. But you got can they like, we gotta do something we got.
Speaker 3: To do something.
Speaker 2: We gotta do something because like think about like twenty years from now, you know what I mean, Like he gonna be like, yo, like here's my statue, you know what I mean, And your grandkid's gonna be like, hey, man, knock it off.
Speaker 3: He looked twenty years older in the statue right now. Man, hey, hey, hire me.
Speaker 2: To find the artists to create art or statues to represent these legends.
Speaker 3: Lauren Hawsey, I'm not this artists. He'd be great at it.
Speaker 2: I'm not dissing the artists or nothing, because I understand art I understand artists.
Speaker 3: Tree, but.
Speaker 2: When you do sculptures of people, you know what I mean, you're gonna face the most backlash because we know what d Wade look like, you know what I mean, And so we want.
Speaker 5: To see we want to see a d Way statue, you know what I mean? Yeah, all right, that's the fact. I agree.
Speaker 3: I hope they can like twist the head off to like change it out or something, because our paint like a hologram on the face, you know what I mean. Like it's like maybe something, use some AI, a three D printer something. We got too many things today. This must be correct. This must be correct.
Speaker 2: Uh, he gonna be buy my statue Duck and his ship like that.
Speaker 3: Ain't me. I ain't gonna get in a statue. So I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make my own ship put outside my granny house. But now with that artist right in the hood. Now with that grandiated, that's like the homie. That's like the hommie. Like, hey, bro, let me make a statue.
Speaker 3: For you in the front of grannyhouse.
Speaker 1: D Wade, these are jokes, man, Well you all, d Wade, that's one boy man.
Speaker 2: The way be on my next season. The WTF bearon Davis? So he already know I love you, bro. Yes, sir, congratulations out. That's a that's amazing way you coning.
Speaker 6: Does your favorite NBA player have what it takes to be crowned King of the Court? Find out at DraftKings, sports book and official sports betting partner of the NBA. DraftKings is offering one million a day in bonus bets for the first ten days of the NBA season. That's ten million in bonus bets. Here's how to shoot your shot. Opt in get a daily NBA profit boost token, you pick a pregame NBA player prop to boost. If that player leads the league that night in points, rebounds, assists, you win a share of a million bucks in bonus bets. Just download the DraftKings sports book app. The code is Colin col i in to wint a share of a million dollars in bonus bets. If your player is King of the Court only on DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 7: Gambling problem called one eight tendred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight and why, or text hope and why four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casena when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction VOYD in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co. Slash bball.
Speaker 2: Man, it looked like our boys Steph will be reevaluated. On Friday, he had an ankle injury against the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Now with him missing the next two games.
Speaker 2: I think you know it helps, But how do you feel that changes your game.
Speaker 3: With Steph not being there you know early on this season? Uh, gotta be more aggressive for sure. I think you know, you gotta find I mean number one, it was very uplifting and refreshing to see him walking today, absolutely, because he's walking pretty good. Uh So I thought that was that was good to see. Gives you a little more hope than what what you initially had when I saw him leader floor. Uh So that was good.
Speaker 1: I think for me, Uh, obviously have to be more aggressive, try to find different spots to score. Got to get up out that corner, and then I'll probably handle the ball more, you know, be being more of a decision making and more of a decision making role. But it's interesting because you know, I don't really know what that intels today because we're kind of running an entirely different offense. You know, so in a normal world where you know the offense that we've been running for the last ten years, llion years, I know exactly what that looks like.
Speaker 3: But we're kind of running a different offense this year, and so it's hard for me to say currently what that'll look like for you. But I imagine that. You know, shots will come in different areas because the gravity that Steph pulls it won't be there, so you'll probably find shots in different areas than normal. So just got to be aggressive and willing to take those shots because with all the stuff on the floor, the first open shot you get is probably going to be the best shot that you're going to get throughout that possession, as opposed to you get an open shot with Steph on the floor, you still something else still going to open up once he started moving, because he just draws so much attention.
Speaker 2: I've been watching the way y'all play too, and I think you can take more opportunities to just get more points, you know what I mean. It's like especially like posting up, you know what I'm saying, So like the way I was looking at it is like, man, this should help you. It should help the young guys right and start figuring out, like oh shit, let me start getting back in the post because ain't nobody posting up, you know what I mean? And like shit, you got post work, you know what I mean? You got you got post work. So it's like it could be and then also like now step out. Now you back to secondary push pace, push, you know what I mean, moving the ball, cutting like all that little murkiness you know, with the intelligence. Okay, I'm gonna get to the free throw line. Okay, we can slow the game down. Like I think with youall new offense and with these young guys, like it's gonna be like it.
Speaker 3: It should open something up.
Speaker 2: So when stuff come back, when other people like the gravity, like you say, the gravity he pulled, it's almost like damn, like pick your poison, you know what I mean, Pick your poison. So I like that, man. And there was a moment I think, so there was a moment in the Clippers game when Stephi you collided. You came up hoppling after that. Has something like that ever happened to you in the thirteen years?
Speaker 3: Listen? Man, what'd you say?
Speaker 2: No, it's a question, Oh my god, my dog?
Speaker 3: What what are you and Steph doing that? There?
Speaker 8: I relaxed, relaxed, man, Yo, that was shure hurts I give him he bro I in thirteen years? Have you have you witness?
Speaker 3: Bro? He came up to me after like, yo, you are I.
Speaker 1: Kind of read it and tell you I'm like, you think you're ready to me, and that's how you trying to hop out the way.
Speaker 3: Edit that out. I saw you trying to hop out the way, but I kind of read it to you. You good. Oh that was so funny. Yeah, I'm all right. I hurt bro.
Speaker 1: I still feel the residual effect of that. By the way, I don't go away just right away. That was crazy. No, I haven't ever had anything like that.
Speaker 3: Have it for me? Oh oh man, oh man, listen, let's move on. That was crazy. Ah man, that was you know what I'm not I'm not going to discuss this. Listen, man, We're moving on. We got back to back, coming up against the Pelicans.
Speaker 1: Obviously, everything becomes stuff tougher with stuff out, but not only is Steph out.
Speaker 3: You got wigs out. You got damn them ol now.
Speaker 1: And so you know, it's crazy because we're going to last night, and it's just crazy. The NBA, Man, it changes everything, as you know, man, it changes so fast. And so you're going into last yesterday and just won two games by seventy seven points.
Speaker 3: Started season combined.
Speaker 1: Feeling good looking at the home stretch where you like, all right, we got the Clippers coming in.
Speaker 3: Then we got the Pelicans coming in twice.
Speaker 1: You know you're looking at that, You're like, yo, we could possibly start four one, five and oh, which is a great start.
Speaker 3: You let one get away yesterday that you know they just came up. They punched us in the mouth. Yeah, they punched us in the mouth. Uh.
Speaker 1: They defend the great. They were really good offensively. They put a lot of pressure on the rim getting downhill. You know, Derrick Jones Junior hit three threes like they had guys making shots. They played well, and all of a sudden, you lose that one. But not only do you lose that one again, just how quick stuff shame you got those three guys out now and with a tough back to back coming up, So not only are you losing some of the depth which we spoke about, but you're going into a back of back to back and losing that depth, and so it just makes things a lot tougher and just shows you how fast stuff can change in this league all of a sudden, Like I said, you're looking like, yo, we could possibly start four one, oh, and then you face with these injuries, man, and it's just crazy just looking at.
Speaker 3: You when you're looking at the schedule.
Speaker 2: I remember I used to look at the schedule month to month and say, damn, he's gonna be the tough ones. These are the ones we have to get, you know what I mean? And then this is a rubber game, you know what I mean? Yeah, And so when you got injuries and you know, you get a hard fuck game like the Clippers, Like, damn, you know we was rolling, We got caught up. Now you got Zion coming in, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, and we got to slow him down, like Zion. Zion is a very tough, tough cover man because he Zion is like Zion is like a linebacker who's like you can't run the ball against him, or like a running back who's just constantly putting pressure on on your front seven. He always puts pressure on the rim, like at all times, he's putting pressure on the rim, which which reminds me a lot of Blake Griffith when I was playing Blake, when I was playing Blake during you know them years when he was with the Clippers, always putting pressure on the rim. Always a lot of four strong as hell and like you can do what you want.
Speaker 3: They're putting their head down to get to the rim.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's just a matter of you like trying at the file, trying to make him make tough shots, and then trying to keep a body in front of him, understanding your distance to the rim, because ultimately you got to know once that once both of those guys are inside the free throws at that point, DELI just jump and once they jump.
Speaker 3: There's nothing you can do, like they're gonna figure it out in the air because they got that type of bounce. And so slowing down Zion is tough, uh, you know.
Speaker 1: And you know, one of the ways that you try to slow Zion down is not always defensively, it's in putting him in action on the defensive end because you don't want him getting the rest on that end. And with Steph out again, that's another one of those things that makes it tougher to kind of bring him into the action and also try to wear him down on the other end as well. So you know, it creates it creates a lot of issues, but nonetheless it starts with doing the job on Zion, which will have to try to slow him down in order to try to stagnate their offense.
Speaker 2: I agree he's and like I think with him and Blake, you know, the difference is he brings the ball up.
Speaker 3: The court, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I like how to you. I wish like Vinnie del Nigger would have used Blake like my boy Willie Green is using Zion as like a playmaker, initiate the offense, move him around.
Speaker 3: But I do think you know, there's a gift and a curse with.
Speaker 2: That, right because Zion, for how he's built, he's downhill downhill, downhill, downhill. And you know, I always say this about bigger guys. It's like when you play a guard game and you move like a guard, you're susceptible, right, and prone to more injuries, right because you're cutting, trying.
Speaker 3: To be finessed.
Speaker 2: And like with a dude like that, he coming downhill, people getting in his way, right is.
Speaker 3: And like his cutting, the way he moved is just it just.
Speaker 2: Put a lot of wear and tear on it on him and put a lot of fatigue. So in a situation like that, you gotta put him in picking rolls. You gotta post him up because he puts the ball up two or three times, go to the Oh he gonna follow on the other end, right, and so you.
Speaker 3: Got to play that. You gotta play that kind.
Speaker 2: Of like that game and stay in front of him and ground him as much as.
Speaker 3: You can, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I used to see Blake like I used to tell Blake, like, yo, Bro, if you got space, I'm just gonna throw the ball up. I don't even care because can't nobody get get vertical faster than you can, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But I do think.
Speaker 2: You can stifflem because you know why I'm picking you, bro. You're my front runner for Defensive Player of the Year, and I'm about to lead a campaign throughout the season, right, and so I want to share with our fans some impressive stats to start. My guy, Jmon Green on my fantasy sleeper app is holding opponents to just twenty nine point six percent shooting through three games this season.
Speaker 3: Now, I hope I hope you get I hope you get points for defense because my two, two and five not serve you well.
Speaker 2: Last night, you dog, I was I'll take the L. You know what I mean, I take the L.
Speaker 1: I'm a bounce back man. I gotta I gotta give myself up out of that corner. I'm a bounce back for you.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: All that with the defensive Player of the Year, You know what I mean, I need I need that, Like we gotta get the boards.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, we gotta we gotta up that. We gotta up to Anny on that. Like you a D.
Speaker 2: I got you because I think your team is going to be a great defensive team and you're gonna be a different type of anchor in than a D. So I got you, n a D defensive player, but I'm campaigning for you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, Bro.
Speaker 1: I think we definitely got a chance to be a really, really really good defensive team. Obviously that starts with me as the anchor of the defense, and so I'm really locked in on that end. Man, I think, uh.
Speaker 3: And then you know, seeing a D and what he's doing, I'm like, man, heyd he need to stop talking about defensive Player of the Year and go put himself in that V category with JT. Man. Come on, man, going away from over here? Man over there, what you're doing? Man, go ahead over there? You know what I'm saying. So now I'm locked in though, I think uh. And then also we got uh.
Speaker 1: You know, we brought in Jerry Stackhouse and Stack is coaching the defense, and Stack got everybody locked in. He like grade everything you do every game, and so there's a level of it, there's a level of accountability.
Speaker 3: And last night, man, he had my grade low and I'm like Stack, and he showed he showed a couple of the clips of what he said I did wrong. I'm like, yo, Stack, I can't leave Zubosh's body right there and trapped that box with Jane is coming down here. I got to meet James at the rim. If I leave you early, that's a lot. And he's like, nah, ways can get them, Like nah, Stack Wiggs can't get in front of Zubox that tight of rim if I leave early. But what I can do is meet James at the rim. And then there was another one that he deemed me over.
Speaker 1: And I saw the clip and I'm like, he like Dramond, no box out, like no box out.
Speaker 2: My man is shooting the ball. That's not my man getting the rebound. No box out, and so.
Speaker 1: On, And he's brought a couple like different things like as you know, just about everybody in the NBA do the same thing. Defensively Stack coming back from college, he brought a couple of different things that he wanted to incorporate, and I think it's really ultimately going to help our defense a lot. So having someone like that to hold you accountable, like he's holding us accountable and make you feel like y'all want to do this, you know what I'm saying now?
Speaker 3: He was just necessarily for myself. He Sack is one of the ones, bro.
Speaker 2: He you know, as a player, you know, as a VET, as a coach, as an og. You talk about somebody who love the game, Bro, It's like it'd be a different level when they love that game, you know what I mean, When they know the game and love the game. That's you know, I'm just a fan now. Just all my all my dogs and my air they coaching and ship and like they coming back and like they're giving y'all something, you know what I mean, because that's what I've been waiting for.
Speaker 3: Like we need the Stacks, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We need Rico Hines, We need Earl Watsons and and JJ Reddicks and you know what I mean, we need all these dudes around, you know, Willie Green's. We need these dudes because they got they connected, you know what I mean, they connected and they can challenge you.
Speaker 3: Man. Shout out to stack Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sir og stack Man. It's been it's been great having him around. I always like, you know, he reminds me of my uncle, Benny. I'm gonna bring my uncle here.
Speaker 3: They sounded like they act like they got a seriousness to them. You know, he reminds me so much of my uncle. So it's been great having stack around.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: So I think that's gonna ball well for us, and it's definitely helping me. But in in other news, we're gonna move around to move around the league. Okay, mm hm, oh yeah, let me ask him that. Yeah, all right, m hm.
Speaker 2: Now, you know we gotta talk who you keep saying I gotta give myself out the corner. I know what that means, right, Explain to our fans what do you mean? Because you keep saying I gotta give myself. I know, I gotta get myself out the corner.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: So coming into the season, like I said, we've kind of been running a different style of offense, and the spot of the offense that I'm in is just it's in the corner. As players, when you're adjusting to a new offense, initially you just go to your spot, right, Like you haven't figured out the loop holes in the offense where you can find different space, how to find that space, And so for these first three games, I'm just kind of in the corner and I don't necessarily know where those spots are yet. Like I'm still trying to figure out where I can find my way out of the corner and not mess up the space at right, Like you incorporate our offense. Everybody got their spots. That's cool, but then as players, it's on us to then figure out out like all right, like where can I find my spots? You know what I'm saying within this offense to where I'm not in steps way or I'm not in uh Wiggs way, but yet I'm putting myself in a position to be successful as well. I've never really been that successful out of the corner because I've never really except for my rookie year, I've never really operated out of the corner, and so new terrain just trying to figure out that spacing and how I can find my spots and where I can go to get out the corner and not bunched the offense up and so, uh, that's kind of the challenge for me, and it's no, it's definitely a challenge, but just trying.
Speaker 3: To figure it out.
Speaker 2: And I would say, like the way I translated it was like, damn, I'm stuck in the corner like I'm flat foot, you feel what I'm saying. So like getting comfortable is really like, Okay, I know I'm gonna be here. I gotta get my puppies moving. So it's a shot, it's a move. It's supposed you know what I mean, and then being able to but sometimes it's like because like, uh, it'd be a new offense.
Speaker 3: You like, damn, what do I do now? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And basketball is way faster than that, So I think you know, as you know, just talking to the fans, as you get more comfortable in the offense, you know what I mean, it's also just getting comfortable in the corner and realizing that I don't have to stand here.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be. I can't be stuck here, like.
Speaker 2: I gotta try some ship too, because early in the season, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So for someone like you was just trying to just like you.
Speaker 2: But what makes you, what makes you so great is a lot of young guys and a lot.
Speaker 3: Of players will try to force action.
Speaker 2: M like, hey, I'm not involved, like for sure, instead of figuring out, you know what I mean, Great players take chances and then they figure out their space and where they comfortable, and then they start building towards that.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. So I think, So that's that's where I'm at. That's a great translation. I like it. That's exactly where I'm at with it. But that's why I was so and I know, like I got to figure it out. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: With a post with the posting crashing weeks side, like like I see it, you know what I mean, The fadeaways, the three choice shot, the pumping the pump fake, you know, getting to like baseline, getting to the middle baby hook, you know, like putting pressure on the defense from like I can see it, you know what I mean. But a lot of times it's like with the new office, everybody is learning how to figure each other out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And basketball is a very basketball is a very instant, actual game, and right now I can't say that I'm playing off instincts because you're trying to just figure out kind of the nuances, and so got to find a way to speed that up to where it becomes instinctial. Because when I'm playing off my instincts, you know, the one thing I trust is I trust my instincts.
Speaker 3: I trust my brain. I know what's going on in the basketball court. So just got to find a way to make it more instinctial. And that's what I mean by getting myself out of that corner. That's what I'm talking about. Let's get up. But let's get up about that. In other ways.
Speaker 1: We're gonna move around this league. Man, Let's move around this league. Obviously, the good guys are no longer undefeated. I would ask you who, who who do you got as the best undefeated team left? You got the Thunder, you got Celtic, you got the Lakers, you got the Calves. Who is your best team?
Speaker 3: Or I wouldn't even say best, because I think the best.
Speaker 1: Everybody's going to say Celtics Lakers, team that you're most excited about in that bunch.
Speaker 2: I said the Lakers, Uh, because I just think they got they gotta, they gotta, they got and they are one establishing an identity, which like we don't know what the identity of the Lakers have been, you know what I mean, since the bubble or whatnot, But the Lakers never really had an identity outside of like it's Lebron's team.
Speaker 3: Now they're back to being the Lakers. I like OKC.
Speaker 2: Because they probably have the most talent of any team in the league, you know what I mean. And those young dudes are highly skilled basketball players and they just gotta get mean, you know what. And I think by them losing it in the playoffs last year, getting punched up, like they got a little bit more confidence, you know, uh to go with it. And then the Celtics, you know, defending channels Cleveland. You know, I like what they putting together. But I don't think that Cleveland is I don't think they wanted the best, you know, I think they would be the weaker out of the four. But they played some great basketball and they you know, they got a good system they got at you know what I mean, they got a better system. But if Darius Garland and Mitchell if they can if they can sink like they was that one year when they were both all stars.
Speaker 3: They could be dangerous.
Speaker 1: They can I think uh. I think okay Se definitely has some special talent. Shae Gibbs Alexander is one of the best players in the league, and I don't think there's anyone that you can find and debate that.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to put himself in that MVP. Cateegory uh possibly could beete for possibly come home with it.
Speaker 1: And they got a lot of for Jalen Williams game special check Holmgren special.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one thing I would say about them is there's a certain readiness when you're ready to win. And I don't care how old you are. I won my first championship and my third year. Steph's six year plays fourth year.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 3: We used to joke.
Speaker 1: Around, we will pour uh, we will pour water on the guy's head and and you know, we will pour water on the guys had every now and then and after the game. And we would do little stuff like that every now and then, not every time. But the one thing I see with the OKC team that is a little alarming for me is like their post games, like seven guys in the interview, like there's a certain seriousness that it takes to win in this league.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: There's a certain fear you have to instill in a team in teams in order to win, and I just don't know if they're instill in that fearing teams with all the bromance and stuff after the game, like Broll we all the bros is to He's like, that's cool. There's a time and a place for that. But after every time somebody's in the interview, you got seven guys, eight guys. Then you got the same seven eight guys with a picture with Josh Giddy right after they play, Like again, I'm all for having fun, Like it's an eighty two game season, you should have fun, but you also have to understand what people people watching are looking at you to be the team, and you have to understand when your moment is and right now, I don't know if Okac understands, but their moment is now. At their moment started last year. You go out, you had that great regular season, Your clock starts. Now you're no longer the team that's just building through the draft. You've arrived. It is now time for you to take that next step. And I'm not sure that they quite understand everything that that tells you know, they understand to play them them boys, specially like they get out there.
Speaker 3: But it's another level too.
Speaker 2: They gotta get they gotta get two more levels to get to the championship.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So it's it's when I'm watching that and and you know I'm in your conference and were about to play in the playoffs. If if I if I think you soft, I'm not there there is there's no fear. Yes, I'm not a sious, I'm not. I'm like, oh bro, I'm going right at these dudes, you know what I mean. And so you know all that like the fun and games is fun, like it's doumb seeing them, but there's also like they got to mature a little bit and become more professional so the stars can be the stars, you know what I mean, like at the start the interviews, be the stars, you know what I mean, And like let's start getting this pecking order right, because when the playoffs come, you know, and everybody buddy, buddy, and everybody in panic, well that mean anybody shoot shoot the shot, you know what I mean. That's how they got bottled up last year exactly.
Speaker 3: And you got to think about it like even like like you said the stars being stars Shay Gilgers Alexander. Shae is on the verge of becoming like a superstar.
Speaker 1: I don't quite personally think he's a superstar yet, because superstar to me is worldwide, everybody know you, and to me, there's only a few superstars in the NBA. But Shaye has superstar level talent. However, just because you have superstar level talent doesn't always make you a super stars. For Shae Gilgers Alexander to take that next step, there are certain things that superstar does. Like, for instance, like I said the interview, Shaye, people want to hear what you gotta say.
Speaker 3: They want to hear as you speak, They want to hear.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts exactly, and they don't want to hear it with seven guys in the background.
Speaker 3: They don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: That because they're not actually getting to experience who Shake Gilgas Alexander is and that's what the world wants. And by the way, like I said, that goes hand to hand with taking that next step and becoming Shake Gilgers Alexander, Not Shake Gilgs Alexander, who all the players look at and be like yo, he nice, But shake Gilgs Alexander that all the players look at and be like, I'm not looking forward to facing him today. Like everybody know going into the game that Shae gonna get you thirty. But now it's time to instill that fear and all of that goes into that. And by the way, I sha got that killer and got that dog in them.
Speaker 3: But he gotta get got no choice but to his team.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, you gotta give all that to his team, and he gotta like, hey, man, like all these games and ship and playing around like that shit cool, but like, yo, come on, guys, you know what I mean. Like I remember my second year in the league. Uh, Sacramento. Uh, Chris Webber, they came to Charlotte bro and they was tripping and Chris Weber was like, yo, it was the second game of the season. He was like, Yo, we did not come in this season to be bullshit. Were trying to get a championship.
Speaker 3: Lock in.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn this game too. They talking about championship, you know what I mean? They talking about they on the so like, and that's the year you see Sacramento take that league.
Speaker 3: Because it's like, man, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta you gotta put yourself from the beginning this season in that moment, I don't want no If you don't have no friends, you gotta you gotta be championship.
Speaker 1: You know, people don't understand this. Championships are not one in April, May and June. That's actually the whole thing with the Joe L ANDV thing is like championship, championship is a championship is the processes like it is a process from day one and every day practice games, you're chipping away at that and you chip away and ship away, you have a setback, chip away, chip away, chip away, set take two steps back, chip away, chip away. It's an everyday process over the course of nine months.
Speaker 3: It's not just get to April healthy, get to May healthy and we're good. Nah, you building every single day and and that's what those guys gotta understand that there's just gotta be a certain seriousness. And it was cool when y'all were the new guys on the block last year coming out winning fifty plus games. Now you're expected to do that. We expect y'all to win these regular seasons.
Speaker 1: We don't need seven guys in the press conference anymore. We need shake gilgss Alexander and then lou Dort's gonna have a great game and they ain't gonna want Shaye that night. They gonna want to do because he clamped somebody and he had twenty And we need.
Speaker 3: Lou Dort in that interview.
Speaker 1: And that's the type of seriousness that this group I think it's going to need in order to take that next step, because what they must understand is you got a year or two to take the next step. If you don't, you start pulling pieces out and you start plugging other guys in, and you pull this guy out, and all of a sudden, Shay gonna be making three hundred million dollars and Check gonna be making three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: Can they also afford to pay Jayle Williams three hundred million dollars? Then you start to run into those issues.
Speaker 1: So you gotta take advantage of it as soon as your window open, because as fast as that window open close success even faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's you crazy if you don't take that moment right now, you know what I mean, because you gotta be you also got to be aware and have a great deal of respect. But who in front of you, who next to you, and who coming behind you?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Because it's every year it's like you don't know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But okay, so need to mature.
Speaker 2: If they mature, if they mature this year, and take that leap all of them and get serious and get serious about Hey man, we won this game. Let's get to the next one. You know what I mean, They're gonna They're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Speaking like speaking of some of the teams, I saw.
Speaker 2: In an interview my boy Yiannis, now my son loves Jannis bro and he was talking about how the Bucks need to find their identity, like that's a bi word and sports that's almost like a bad word in sports, a good word or a bad word. They just failed to one in three. And when it comes to the team finding an identity like who like who says the precedents players are coaches.
Speaker 3: It's it starts with coaches.
Speaker 1: The coaches have to come in with a certain swagger, with a certain confidence, with a certain seriousness to.
Speaker 3: A let guys know what their roles are.
Speaker 1: I think on any great team, coaches come in and they define and it's not all right, Draymond, your role is boom boom boom. Steph your role is boom boom boom. Clay your role or not Clay, it's a national thing. VP, your role is boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: It's like no.
Speaker 1: You come in and they start establishing this is what we need. These are the roles to feel you're gonna you know, we need you in this spot. And you start to figure out your identity and what's spurs your roles. You discuss what it is that what we want our identity to be. Right, So we want our identity to be X. We want our identity to be a great defensive team. We want our identity to be a fast paced offensive team. You push the ball, get up and down. That's what we want our identity to be. So from day one, that's what we're trying to build. Right, And so it starts with coaches then and most to your best players. What are y'all doing on a day to day basis to make sure that you're bringing X so that everyone.
Speaker 3: Else knows they got to bring Y and Z because if the.
Speaker 1: Top players are bringing X, everybody else you have to bring wires here. You're no good here and so then it starts with players. And I'm gonna tell you this. One thing that coaches on used to teach us, and he would always say, is a saying he would always say, he said, a player coach team, it's better.
Speaker 3: Than a coach coach team. And that was his motto.
Speaker 1: When we had a leader that was coaching up the team and holding guys responsible on the court, that things that Isoe didn't have to do. Because he had a leader doing that, it makes his life easier, and make your players and make your players relationship with him better, and all of these things right, and the things that he had to focus on changes. It allows him to expand his bandwidth because he don't have to focus on that. And so as much as it is coaches have to establish, it then falls on the players.
Speaker 3: Who are you going to bree What are you bringing to the table, what type of intensity are you coming to the table with each and every game? And then what is important is when even important to us?
Speaker 1: Because if it is important to us, then we'll do the things that we've identified that we want our identity to be. If winning is not the most important thing to us, we usually become a team that is not sure what the identity are, and you don't know from night to night what team is going to show up.
Speaker 3: And those teams can't win an A And I've been.
Speaker 2: On a lot of those teams, right and for real, I've been on a lot of those teams, and like the thing is, man, it's like there's no trust or communication, you know what I mean. And so when I look at Milwaukee, you don't trust the system, right, there is no system that's putting you in a position to where your game you feel like your game, you know what I mean. Everybody stuck in the corner, you know what I mean. And Nis and Dame Lillard are stuck in the corner, are stuck in their separate corner, and they not communicating. Right then, now you gotta go to the coach as the guys talk to the coach, you know. Now, Now it's therapy, right and it ain't basketball. You ain't figuring it out, You ain't figuring it out together. And the team that don't communicate right, like like the Bucks need a little bit of whatout Okay, see guy, because they're too.
Speaker 3: Serious, you know what I mean, They're almost too.
Speaker 2: It's a unique because Giannis has won a championship, right, he is, like, that's his determination.
Speaker 3: And so if people are not up to that level.
Speaker 2: Or can't get there, or a coach can't bring them to that level, then that's where you have identity issues. But I excuse me. I would always say, even the Boston team with KG and Paul and Ray Allen, I mean they got one, you know what I mean? And I would say for a team like that with all that talent in that era, how they put that together, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? They were beatable, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like Doc the way he puts this team together, the way he coaches his teams. His teams are extremely talented. But the way the system is is you're playing against the system. So you can beat you can beat them playing Doc system. And so it's got to be a little bit of Doc gotta figure it out, Johannis and Dame gotta figure it out. But everybody else on the team gonna say, hey, man, we ballers, this is what we like to do. And then you gotta go and try and force that in the game. Right, can't be sitting back at one and three saying, man, we don't know what all right? You got to go established one now and almost go Kama Kazi until you get in flow, because it sounds like they ain't been in flow from last year. They have a good training camp, it sounded like they ain't coming into the season, and it's still like a major disconnection between your top three.
Speaker 3: People, your coach, and your two superstars.
Speaker 1: So I asked you this question because I actually came across this earlier today and I haven't thought nothing of it until we just started talking about the bucks. I came across a clip earlier today and Gil was talking about Dame and he pretty much said he doesn't think Dame has figured out how to pick and choose his spots when he should be looking to score gils. And he compared it to himself in Washington when he had twin Walker.
Speaker 3: And or no twin James. Larry Hughes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, way absolutely, And so he compared it to himself and he said, listen, I would just pass to those guys to start the gain. Let them drive Karan get into the cup getting fouled.
Speaker 2: Why am I just drawing a black Larry Hughes and yeah, Antoine Jamison getting to the hole getting fouled, And I let them get the files up.
Speaker 1: Now once they start getting the team to like three and four files, I know you have to guard me differently, is what he said. He said, I know you have to guard me differently because we're in the bonus and so now I can really attack you. Now I can take advantage of my skill and and so Gil made the comparison. He was like, he don't think Dame is letting Yannis go go go, and then pick and choosing his spots. He said, he think Dames come out, take three or four tough shots and then if you miss him, yeah, and then it's kind of tough from there. What are your thoughts on that? I can't necessarily speak to that. I'm not a point guard or I was never just scoring guard.
Speaker 3: What what are you? What are your thoughts? I totally agree. I think.
Speaker 2: Dave is super talent, He's super elite, and for the majority of his career he had to come out and damn near put up forty for them to have a chance to win. Right when he played with LaMarcus Aldiers, give it to LaMarcus Aldiers, let him anchor.
Speaker 3: I think he got to start going back to.
Speaker 2: That mentality, like, okay, I got Yannis, Let me low, Yannis up.
Speaker 3: Let me get.
Speaker 2: These dudes going right, and not that you're not it's not yourself, but it's not your points, you know what I mean? Like you starting to game him three four, five, three pointers in the first quarter, Like that's not going to help the Bucks win, you know what I'm saying. Like if it was Portland, Oh yeah, he about to go off. Everybody is gonna rise to that level because he's elevated and Milwaukee Bucks Land, that's like keeping you in the game the way they play, you know what I mean. So he gotta learn how to finesse the situation so it opens up for him, right, and so be dame time. Right, script, like write a script for yourself, right, go home, write a script for yourself every game. Write a script. This is where y'an is gonna give me. Boom, this is what port is gonna give me. This is what I'm getting from low pays. This is what I need in this game. And then four minutes six, we have six. It's dame time, and so you you start making your points matter based Oh damn, we down six. Let me go get to the line. Boom, we have six. Let me take let me take two of these just to see if I can put some distance, right, And so I think it's more so Dame trying to Once again, it's the system, Dame trying to figure out how to do Dame time and Yannis trying to figure out how to do Yanni's time.
Speaker 3: And so if you remember, with.
Speaker 2: The Clippers, you had Chris Paul and Blake Griffin and they played two different styles.
Speaker 3: And that's why the Clippers can never beat you guys, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They could be They beat San Antonio because Blake played well, Chris Paul played well, but together, you know what I mean, there wasn't like they didn't dominate the game. They actually like allowed you to stay in the game because one player was balling the other player was balling. But if they were ever balling in sync, they were gonna blow your ass out out, you know what I mean. And I think that's where Milwaukee is kind of handicapped because there's no there's no connective tissue.
Speaker 3: For like Yin and Yang. There's no Yin and Yang. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, for sure, well number one, under no circumstance with the Clippers ever going to blow. It's how But I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Number two, when I when I played for an accident, I play against you before he was Oh, the w the.
Speaker 2: Clippers though, like twenty two in the third quarter came back to Golden State.
Speaker 3: I was watched though, So check this though, Check this. So if you say dang Yannis is the one that has won the championship, Dame is still kind of figuring out his way there. At what point does the onus fault on you Yiannis.
Speaker 1: To maybe get Dame because Dame could also make life easier on him.
Speaker 3: So where is it? Or is it just all this system? Bro? You feel what I'm saying, because if you look at Giannis in this system, he don't play like Yiannis you did? You know what I'm saying, Like he not pushing.
Speaker 2: It, he not taking it, you know, taking it on the wing and saying hold on, like ask for forgiveness later. Right, So he he's kind of lost a little bit of who he is and how he could help Dang right or like it's almost like they're trying to help each other so much that they're overworking.
Speaker 3: Without working together, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And then when you go into the system like identity is a system thing, because if Jannie is saying, we got an idea problem, that means somebody don't know who the man around here, and then somebody don't know who the man when the man is supposed to be around here, you know what I mean, And so everybody's uncomfortable, you know what I'm saying. And so that system the way they play. There are only two playmakers on that team, j Honest and Dame Lillard. And Dame Lillard is a scoring playmaker. Yannis is a scoring playmaker, a defensive playmaker. Neither one of those guys are assist guys. They don't set They're not They wasn't molded to be great to set people up. Their greatness is in their points, you know what I mean, and their pressure that they put on defense from an offensive standpoint, Yannis on both ends of the floor. You feel what I'm saying, Like Dame is not gonna be jew Holiday for the Milwaukee Bucks. Milwaukee Bucks gotta gonna find somebody that can do that, so Dame can be a better version of whoever was the two guard when they want it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: For sure, so does Chris Middleton. Whenever he get back from injury, does he change that or do you still have the same No it well.
Speaker 2: One, I wanted to see Chris healthy because you know he's but he's another score, right, And so if you're asking Chris Middleton to come back and be the Chris Middleton he was during the finals, then you a fool, you know what I mean, because he was bringing the.
Speaker 3: Ball up, he was playmaking.
Speaker 2: They need somebody that can break down the defense, or it needs somebody that can look for people, you know what I mean, And you know they need they need Ben Simmons.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say, you think so you think is the answer?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, hell yeah. Okay, all right, but I don't think the system is going to work.
Speaker 2: I think you know they have something good with Agent Griffin whatever. Like Bro, you know how the drama go. When it's drama, that's all drama and soap opera. Milwaukee has found themselves in the basketball soap opera of oh you used to be good. Now you're about to go through some ship. Now you gotta figure it out. Now you're gonna unravel it, and you don't want to piss off your honest, because he can piece it back together.
Speaker 1: So might I remind you that Doc Rivers was the coach of the Ben Simmons fall out and physic I know, the squad necessarily going to be the guy.
Speaker 3: Doc Rivers they did and build special bro.
Speaker 2: Because he will put you in a system that only he knows how to coach it.
Speaker 3: So so you So that's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: The problem is it's not Dame, it's it's the system.
Speaker 3: And the way you built the team.
Speaker 2: And so you built the team around two guys that are incredible basketball players, right, but you have nobody in the middle that's bringing them to a point of their ultimate capacity.
Speaker 3: If Dame is going, Giannis ain't going.
Speaker 2: If Giannis is going, Dame ain't going, Why the fuck aren't they both going at the same time?
Speaker 3: They're deadly in the pick and roll together.
Speaker 2: Of course, who's on the opposite side, Yeah, right, what's happening on the opposite side?
Speaker 3: Who else is chiming in?
Speaker 2: Who else is making a play for a Dame or or a play for Giannis? So when Janni's make a play for Dame and he wide open, it's like, damn, I'm wide open. I ain't never been wide open and my entire Dame Lillard has never been wide open in his entire career unless he made himself wide open. Feel what I'm saying. So like it's new to him too. But they gotta get that connective tissue. And I think you gotta change the system, right, y'all gotta fast break, y'all gotta get back to playing defense, right, But you gotta let you gotta let Damon Giannis figure the ship out and get out the way sometimes as a coach, because you still don't get wins based on their.
Speaker 3: Talent facts facts. I respect it all right, what so.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sorry, Doc, I ain't no real I'm just you know what I'm looking at coaching. I'm like, yo, a Doc Rivers team is a bit a beatable team. I don't know how much talent they got because they only playing patterns.
Speaker 3: Pattern Okay, I respect it. So, speaking of Ben Simmons, did you see the fan yesterday when Ben Simmons is walking past, tell him he's trash to his face. That was crazy, bro in Orlando.
Speaker 1: So in Orlando, you walk to the locker room and they had this guard rail up and you're walking right next to a bunch of fans, which number one is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: They allow fans to line up right there when you're going in the locker room, when you're coming out, people standing there screaming, trying to get all the grass.
Speaker 1: And NBA locker room is the most non private place.
Speaker 3: In the building.
Speaker 1: Like there's no privacy. You're getting dressed, there's people in the locker room. You're doing media like you're you're getting prepped before the game. There's people in the locker room. As soon as the coaches break the huddle after the game, there's people.
Speaker 3: In the locker room. It has to be the most insane, nonsanity or however you want to frame it, place in an NBA locker room. I mean in the NBA arena, it's just like open season. Like you go and you do what you want.
Speaker 1: There's a million people in Orlando next to like, but then if we say something back.
Speaker 3: We get in trouble. We get fun.
Speaker 1: But this kid who's standing out with his dad is going to say say, in my face, I'm trash.
Speaker 3: He don't know what it takes to make it to the NBA.
Speaker 1: You really want to beat his data for letting him talk like that control your kid.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's just like, oh, respect the game.
Speaker 1: Fans can like they pretty much say what they want to you, and you just have to take it. And just the empowerment of fans to say what they want to say to us as if we're not human beings.
Speaker 2: Now, we just got to hit them back on track, like we just got to like bring your mama back, you know what I mean, like your mama, your daddy, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean? Yo, what shut.
Speaker 2: I have one of those little laughing uh those little things.
Speaker 3: Wow, shut up. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I thought that was wild, but I thought, you know, Shorter came back to this defense being kind of said, why you ain't saying in my face?
Speaker 3: But you know, I just think that's always been an ongoing issue. They still ain't figured it out. Yeah, probably never going to figure it out. It's just something that we have to do.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: That's and it is what it is. It is.
Speaker 2: Bro Donald's before we get out of here, though, Bro Donald, Oh go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I played with the Clippers. Bro.
Speaker 2: We won a game, and he came in there with like no lie, like eight old ass ladies. They have to be like late fifties sixties. I mean they looked like they was seventy eighty. And he came in when I athorized, Bro, bullshit you not. And coaches just finished and he said, hey, lady, you know meet the guys. And I'm sitting right at the door. And he was like, man, you can sit in here. You can sit right here and talk to him. Wait till he take his towel off. Whoa chill?
Speaker 3: And the old lady was just sitting here, ask me how kind of question?
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm sitting there with my toil like, Bro, I'm not about to I'm about to wake this old lady.
Speaker 3: Yuh, I'm not about to get up. Bro.
Speaker 2: It was hey, Bro, it was dial biller. She was waiting for you to take the locker room. It was crazy, Bro.
Speaker 3: He was like wait. He was like, wait for that's nuts.
Speaker 1: I tell you what though, I will tell you what all that's gonna take. It's for somebody to get sued. In this climate. You got so many people in the locker room. People can say anything. Guess what you're Even if you ain't guilty, you're guilty by public perception. And we live in a world where you're guilty until proven innocent, and once you're proven innocent, nobody's going.
Speaker 3: To talk about it.
Speaker 1: But before you're proven innocent, you're going to get talked about like a dog, like you're guilty. And all that's gonna take is for someone to sue and say X, Y and Z. But it's just unfair to players that you have to be putting.
Speaker 3: You can't say.
Speaker 2: Nothing in the locker room no more, right, you feel like even if he knows, even if you were even if it was a team inside joke after the game and you yelled something right, and people can take anything now out of context, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's just, man, this shit is crazy.
Speaker 2: Like they got to be some type of like privacy for like the players and the team to have a moment before people rushing in, even for some players like say you did something wrong or say something happened in the game, Like get that, dude, the moment, you know what I mean, and maybe talk to the team, talk, you know, talk to the players and be like, hey, bro, don't do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Don't crash out.
Speaker 2: But the media be trying to now, they trying to, They be trying to make you crash out on them.
Speaker 3: Nah, for sure, for sure, it's a it's a media or maybe. But right after the coach to media come right in. So you got about five.
Speaker 1: Minutes, maybe exactly three to five minutes and the head of the PR PR guy gonna come in, like all right, we open the media and they and they're in the locker room literally three to five minutes after the coach walk out, no time, and that's what guys are left dealing with. It's like, so, by the way, three to five minutes, if it was a rough ending to the game, you ain't even had time to like take a deep breath. Coach, just talk right, you may say something to the guy. They see you before, look at your phone.
Speaker 3: Before you know it, it's over people in your face, right in your face. And it's something that guys have complained about for years.
Speaker 1: It's something that went away during COVID, and you thought it was one of those things like marijuana that went away during COVID.
Speaker 3: They'm testing for marijuana.
Speaker 1: They it would be one of those things, now that's what I'm saying, But they stopped testing for that during COVID. They also stopped letting media members in for pretty much a year and a half where you didn't have.
Speaker 3: To the lock conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, And everybody was like, yo, this is great and thought like that would be the end of it, and then it came back and I just don't understand we live in today.
Speaker 3: I don't talk to media before the game. I don't talk to him before the game. You got whispers. You know what I had dropper before?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had an eavesdropper before that when Kadi was on our team where we were having a conversation in the locker room.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: It was in Utah and the guy tweeted like a conversation we was having and I was just like, yo, like you can't like we're not talking to you, having a conversation amongst each other and you eavesdrop on our conversation and then go tweet it. But you know, you always talk about like the protection of the players, and there is none. It's afraid of players and it's crazy you don't you And yet nothing gets accomplished by media being in the locker room before the game.
Speaker 3: Guess what.
Speaker 1: The media come in the locker room after the game. And then Raymond Rivers saying all right, I'm taking Draymond up to the media room. What's the point, Like, help me nand that why they come in here. But I was just sitting in my locker. Help me understand that. And so I don't know, man, It's one of those ridiculous things that you would have been. I'm not even going to say need to go away, because you would have thought, let's keep it.
Speaker 3: Maybe if we say, hey, everybody, keep it till get rid of it, because it should have been gone on. I think should get rid of it because it creates more of a mistake.
Speaker 2: You're not getting dudes with cameras with towels on, they shirt off, you like, get them at the podium dressed up.
Speaker 3: It just creates more of a.
Speaker 2: Vibe for what the league is trying to do with fashion and personality and shit like that, instead of the mistake of you know, somebody with a camera and a locker and like, I ain't even I'm getting dressed, somebody getting an interview. I'm in the back, you know what I mean. And so like it's just cut out all the confusion.
Speaker 1: It's really uncomfortable. It's really uncomfortable in the locker room. You have men, you have women, and I'm trying to get in the shower. It is a very very very uncomfortable and is supposed to be.
Speaker 3: It's a very uncomfortable space walking around in the tower with a bunch of people that just come in with you. You know what they're in there for. It's a real Yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, purchase okay.
Speaker 2: Man man were speaking in you know, locker room and backing in the locker room. Uh right now, my boys, the Dodgers up three to zero.
Speaker 3: In New York.
Speaker 2: The media of us be in the Yankee locker room.
Speaker 3: I'm a Yankee fan. Sorry, I'm a Yankee fan.
Speaker 1: And however, you know, my guy, Peter Goober is the owner of the Dodgers, So I'm not up.
Speaker 3: I'm not upset. I want to be a Yankee magic and not because I've been a Yankee fan.
Speaker 1: Since I wast How can I am upset?
Speaker 3: I want to win. I want to win. But you know, I'm happy for Peter. I'm happy for Peter.
Speaker 1: But the series isn't over yet. We're not going to do what we're doing. Look at you, bro.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for Peter. I didn't say I was happy for the Dodgers. Said, he don't want you to be happy for us.
Speaker 2: It does not you are a New York Yankee fan, it does not feel good when we win that you guys are like, oh you guys beat us. Were like, no, we want you to hate us. That is the problem with the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got too, we got we got twenty eight World Series front know what more you want a nice guy? You have twenty eight y'all just made y'all twenty third appearance.
Speaker 3: We got twenty eight offs.
Speaker 2: Okay, we on the way, on the way though, we're on the way. Uh tiny ten years? Hello, hello, those contracts are bad. After three years? No, no, no, his whole contract is for three years. His whole contract after three years. Yeah, after three years, y'all go.
Speaker 3: Three million a year the wagon. It's a shame they let your shake like that. Hey, bro, that's smart, that's smart business. Bro. You would do you know what you would do it?
Speaker 1: Y'all about to Yeah, it went wrong for in Game one, man, we should we took Game one.
Speaker 3: It changed as a series. We let it get away. What happened and now y'all feeling good? Oh you know what.
Speaker 1: Happened in game drama? Because you probably didn't believe. You weren't believing that at that point, so you weren't watching. And then you hop on the band wagon. You probably Angels fan anyway, and now you want to act like you're a Dodger angel from.
Speaker 3: Your angel a Yankee fan from Michigan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolute, that, okay, absolutely that. You know you know, you know who My favorite Dodger is. Fernando Venezuela. Come on, you know who my favorite Yankee is outside of the Captain. Outside of the Captain and Malavera. My favorite Yankee growing up was Darryl Strawberry and Chuck.
Speaker 3: Daryl Strawberry from Crinshaw High l A. He wanted to be a I got to do with me, wanted to be inta Dodger. We birth shout out to Kris Shawha. But he went over there to win championship. The Dodgers wasn't winning those chi ships.
Speaker 1: Then he went over there. We birthed Daryl st championship. He was off to Krenshaw High. But he went to he went to He went over there.
Speaker 3: The essence of the day he went over there. He went over there. He went over there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, hey, bro, I'm in air one I did five laps around the air one.
Speaker 1: And now he wanted to come alive. He has zero home runs and won RBI at the time, and he wanted to look up man Ster Slam.
Speaker 3: You heard it here first. The Yankees coming back because guys who don't win championships get excited before the series is over. And now the Yankees coming back and we're about to take this world series.
Speaker 1: You heard it here first. That's a rap from your two guys. Appreciate y'all to it, and now check us out later this week.