Speaker 1: It's time for donkeys around here. Yes, you are a donkey? What the hell here some donkey to days? Just said himself.
Speaker 2: Oh man, sary man, who you giving invar.
Speaker 1: To do to name? Wow?
Speaker 3: Ralph for nine donkey to day for two day September knife goes in Missouri Senator Junior No Missouri Junior Senator Eric schmich okay Now. Eric was speaking at the fifth Annual National Conservatism Conference in Washington, and he posed a question, The question is what is an American? Would you like to hear some of his answer, Let's listen.
Speaker 4: The Conninal Army soldiers dying of frost fight at Valley Forge. The Pilgrims struggling to survive in the hard winter soil of Plymouth. The Pioneers striking out from Missouri for the wild and dangerous Frontier. The outnumbered Kentucky settlers repelling wave after wave of Indian war Band attacks from beyond the stockade walls. All of them will be astonished to hear that they were only fighting for a proposition. They believed they were fighting for a nation, a homeland for themselves and their descendants. They fought, they bled, they struggled, they died, for us. They built this country for us. America in all its glory, is their gift to us, handed down across the generations. It belongs to us. It's our birthright, it's our heritage, our destiny. If America is everything and everyone, then it is nothing and no one at all. When they tear down our statues and monuments, mock our history and insult our traditions, they're attacking our future as well as our past by changing the stories we tell about ourselves. They believe they can build a new America with the new myths, new people. But America doesn't belong to them. It belongs to us. It's our home. It's a heritage and trusted to us by our ancestors. It's a way of life that is ours and only ours. If we disappear, then America too will cease to exist.
Speaker 3: There's a lot there. Let's unpack. Let's discuss. If America is everything and everyone, then it is nothing at all. If you listen to what I just played, Senator Schmidt kept saying America doesn't belong to them, it belongs to us. He said, America is a nation and a people with its own distinct history and heritage.
Speaker 1: And interests.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, there are some white people, I said, some white people in this country who believe in white replacement theory. Okay, I don't have time to tell you what white replacement theory is, but it's the claim that white populations are deliberately being replaced by non white people. Not to mention, the Census Project back in twenty eighteen projected that white people will become the minority by twenty forty five. Ever since that came out, okay, the plan has been in motion by some white people to ensure that don't happen. You know, I love putting on my tenfoil pooh shisty mask. Okay, I love a good conspiracy theory. But when that Census project came out, and prior to that, getting eight years of a black president, then they turned around and almost elected a woman.
Speaker 1: Some white male said no way ho z literally, no.
Speaker 3: Jose, no Julio, no one, no Jamal Okay, no, come on out. Now. I see the headline. I see the headline going around on Instagram. It says Eric Schmidt says America is for white people only.
Speaker 1: Now everybody is gonna run with that headline.
Speaker 3: And then Eric's gonna go on Fox News and say the radical left is losing their woke minds. I never said that, and he's right, he didn't. But here's the thing. He never said who us is? And that's the game. Okay, when a politician leaves us undefined, it's because they know exactly who they're talking to, and the people he's talking to they know that messages for them as well.
Speaker 1: And spoiler alert, if you're black, brown.
Speaker 3: Legal, immigrant, LGBT, envy, Jewish, Muslim, chances are you not in that either?
Speaker 1: Okay? You not in that us? All right, that's all Eric.
Speaker 3: Schmidt just gave. Okay, he gave us. Are they not like us? With absolutely zero seasoning?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: What happened to America being conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: What happened to America being inclusive? I mean, it never really was, but damn it, at least we was fake trying.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now you got people like Eric Schmidt saying straight up, this country is for us, and he's saying it over and over and over again. That's not inclusive, that's exclusive. And when you're speaking at a national conservatism conference, forgive us if we think us it's a sounding like shorthand for white males only. Okay, By the way, no matter how much you attempt to clarify this, it's gonna sound like racially coded rhetoric straight out that we want segregation again, starter pack. Okay, the US you talking about aren't the ones who make the best tacos on Tuesday and jerk chicken on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's talking about the.
Speaker 3: US that seasons food with a pinch of salt and a pinch of prayer.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: If America is everything and everyone is nothing at all, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: Didn't he say that? Can I hear that Poe again?
Speaker 4: They believe they can build a new America with the new myths, new people. But America doesn't belong to them. It belongs to us. It's our home. It's a heritage and trusted to us by our ancestors. It's a way of life that is ours and only ours. If we disappear, then America too will cease to exist.
Speaker 1: That's not is that we have the other part? Oh well, he had the line.
Speaker 3: He said, the line, if America is everything and everyone, it's nothing at all. If America is not everything and everyone, then it's nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, When do will we.
Speaker 3: Realize that we are the good, the bad, and the ugly, Okay.
Speaker 1: All wrapped in the one. That's what makes this That's what makes this country great. Okay.
Speaker 3: The hope for America is actually in our history, which.
Speaker 1: Is why I don't know why we keep trying to hide it.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's look at it, deal with it, and move forward.
Speaker 1: Okay. You can't heal what you don't reveal.
Speaker 3: The melting pot that is America is what makes this is what makes this country incredible.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The great American melting pot filled with a little bit of everything is what makes this country amazing. And Eric, please don't gas like folks in backtrack on what you said and tell us that you know we saw you say something that you didn't say. Because when somebody keeps saying America is for us but never tells you who us.
Speaker 1: Is, trust me, you already know who they talking about. Okay.
Speaker 3: If it don't sound like it includes you, then it probably doesn't. And that's why we got to call this language what it is, coded racism wrapped up in patriotism. Okay, America ain't supposed to be about us versus them. It's supposed to be about we the people. But some folks like Eric don't want we. They just want us. And anyone who doesn't want us together, well they don't believe in America anyway at all. Please give junior Senator from Eric Schmidt. Now what if I keep staying that for Please give the junior Senator Eric Schmidt the biggest he hall. All right, it's for us. I'll thank you for that donkey to day.
Speaker 1: But never tell us who the US is. Now, what you know who they're talking about? Of course? Yeah. If it don't sound like it includes you, then they probably don't.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying. No, that's all I'm saying. All Right, Well, thank you for that donkey to day. Now, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We were having this convo yesterday during the Latest with Lauren. We were talking about Carmelo his Hall of Fame speech.
Speaker 3: It had incredible speech, dropping the clues BOMX for Carmelo and amazing speech.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite Nicks ever. Why would you call him that? What? Oh you said? Nick? My bad.
Speaker 3: Was like, why would you just say that after what I just said, after what I just did get done?
Speaker 1: Why would you just say my favorite nigga?
Speaker 4: Ever? Nick?
Speaker 1: I know I heard it wrong. I'm sorry New York Nick. Yes, I understand. What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: What is the question?
Speaker 2: We were talking about it and a question that everybody asked and we seen online and Charlemagnet even asked yesterday, was he did not shout out lah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah? I asked why he didn't shout out yeah. I thought he did. I just I just I swear.
Speaker 5: I'm like, there's no way. He mentioned single mothers and the women in his life, like there's no way, but he didn't.
Speaker 1: So what is the question?
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. I seen it trended, yes, Lauren being Bessie uh, And the question is what Laura and Messie.
Speaker 1: I'm just for me.
Speaker 5: I just felt like at least a thank you or like, you know, because I think, you know, she played a big role in holding it down so he could have the right mindset to go and do a lot of the things he did. I think that's that conversation happens a lot with women being overlooked in those instances, So even if it wasn't, La La would be saying this, I'm not being messy.
Speaker 1: I'm being a woman and being honest.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, he shouted out his coaches, he shouted out his peoples, he shouted out his moms, he shouted out his pops, he shouted at everybody around him. But you're asking, how can we shout out his wife, his ex wife, his x y.
Speaker 5: I'm asking, you know, am I Tripp? And did La La deserve a thank you or something and acknowledgement of some sort in that Hall of Fame speech because of the role she played in his life and career.
Speaker 2: Okay, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, let's discuss.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull Lamb and Soft.
Speaker 1: Don't be a donkey.
Speaker 3: When you need a fighter on your side, if you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dye.
Speaker 1: That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns