Speaker 1: Welcome back. Here we are again.
Speaker 2: It's Susan and I'm Kathy, and we are just so excited about our guest today. I mean, we could talk about what we've been doing, but everyone knows Susan and I were together. Yes, we've had a great summer so far. It's hotter than hell, and it's about to get a lot hotter on this podcast because guests who we have today from Bachelor, Golden Nation and Jones Season. We have c K. Welcome c K, Thank.
Speaker 3: You all, Thank you, Susan, thank you, Casy.
Speaker 1: So good to see you in those shiny, pilly white teeth.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to go to the dentist here. How have you been, c K?
Speaker 3: I've been doing very very well. Now that I see you and Susan, it just makes.
Speaker 1: My day be such a flirt this one.
Speaker 3: I try.
Speaker 1: I try, you know what, in a good way. We love compliments, So so tell us what's going on in your life real quick?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm working and dating and trying to stay out of trouble and do the right thing and keeping busy.
Speaker 2: And just okay living life. We don't care about the work, we don't care about keeping busy.
Speaker 1: We want to hear about the day said I'm dating.
Speaker 2: Did you hear what I just date?
Speaker 1: Like? What is wrong with this picture?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many? How many dates? So I t c k a lot? Because does date a lot? And I tell me as a stable so let me, you know, give a winnie here, how many?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 2: How many got in the stable this week? And tell us about them?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not sure if I have a stable, but I do very well, and I think that's part part of the problem and trying to find the right one is when you have too many options, it's just clouts your judgment and more often than not, you're going to get it wrong. So you know that's part of my problem. So what are we I'm working on.
Speaker 1: What are we doing wrong? We have no options over here? No, I do have a question for you though, as a man over sixty, do you have any fears about committing to a woman?
Speaker 3: C k oh, listen, I have no problem. I have no problem committing to a woman up to an including marriage, So you know it's not a fear of mine. I will say this season my experience from the Golden Batcherette, when Jones season told me so much about myself, you really get time to reflect on where you think you are versus where you are and what you want and how you go about that. And I'm two years to remove from that. I'm in a really good place.
Speaker 2: Okay. As a follow up with you more as a follow up, c K, what did you learn about yourself? How are you different now?
Speaker 3: Well? I found out that on the Heels are coming off the show, that I wasn't quite as vulnerable as I needed to be. I kept people at arm's length, and I was coming off of a divorce. I was probably twelve years divorced, and I was still kind of holding on to that. And so, you know, knowing and understand that has helped me cycle through that. And so for the last six months or so, I've just been in a really really good place.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, Susan, can I ask something that? Were you always? I think you're very flirtatious, You're easy to talk to. Now I love that I'm the same way. Have you always been like that or it's that only been since the show that you found yourself and who you are.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Susan, that's a super super great question. Like my mother, I would go out there at lunch with my mother and I would just try to I would be nice to like the waitress people, the attendant, and my mother would say to me, when you get into relationship, you kind of have to stop. So yeah, like being flirtatous, not for shape, but being overly nice to the attendant, to the waitress, so nice.
Speaker 1: To skip flirting or a lot of the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you two, I am just going to rip the band aid off because I have so many questions I want to ask you, but they're all predicated on the answer to the question we're about to ask you. C k oh No and I love you dearly. We had you and Monica be on the show you broke up. I hear this wind of YouTube chatting again? Did you break up? Are you chatting again? Are you going to go out?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Cause you had told me that you could see yourself marrying this girl, so I want an update seek what is going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so thank you for that. Like I said, I'm an open book. So Kathy, you probably know more than anyone else with respect of where my mindset was about ten months ago. Because I told you that if four criterias were met with respect to Monica B that there would probably be a golden wedding in the spring of twenty twenty six. Yes, and you tried to talk me up that legend. I was defiant, like it's going to happen. It's going to be a golden wedding in twenty twenty six and unfortunate only not only is it not a wedding in twenty twenty sixth of the spring, but Monica be and I broken up as of I think January of twenty twenty six, So that's where that is. We don't talk very much. We did speak over the last week or so with respect to her, her grandson, and my willing willingness to help in any way that I can, because I still feel like because I chose her, yes, like I picked her and I children, So I still feel like, in some way, in some part of me, I still feel responsible to help.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like you got just too excited about it, about the idea of it, and she's a beautiful woman, as we all know, is that part of it? And then you just calmed yourself down and paced you have to pace yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, Susan, I think quite the opposite. Like for men we know, like we know ostensibly we know, like, then you got to get into like the internal person, and I think that's where our goals and values want to align are one major. Yeah, so it was that. And I tried, Susan, in all fairness, like I tried to align myself with where she was, and.
Speaker 2: I can second that he did. He did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just doesn't I tried because and but it just doesn't work for me because inasmuch as she wants what she wants, I feel like it's important for me to get what I want. And that's important it is or it won't last.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're doing a favor for both of you and you can remain friends. So do you feel like you find somebody that will align exactly with you? I mean there's always going to be something. I mean, you and I we blow the world up. We'll have a ball.
Speaker 2: Wait minute, Susan, Susan, he's about to He's about to announce that I've always been the woman he wanted a guy.
Speaker 1: Why is it that you are the old only one selling that guy?
Speaker 2: Well, I got a number of reasons. No, go ahead and answer that one.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a social life of abundance. I get invited to a lot of things with I'm here in Maryland or I'm back in Los Angeles. I just get invited into so many different things. And before I would say no, I don't want to do this. I don't want to go here. I don't want to do that. And I think in January, I said, you know what, I'm going to open myself up. I'm going to go to all white rooftop party, bel air or Hollywood.
Speaker 1: How you meet people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I got invited to join social clubs in Los Angeles, something very exclusive social clubs and then put me in a certain area or arena with certain people. And so I'm very happy there.
Speaker 1: And I take friends to these things. You know, I clean nice.
Speaker 2: Again. Get in line's got a little event.
Speaker 1: You can go mingle and I'll do the same. I mean that we're there for support for each other. It'll be my wing man, I'll be your wing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I'm very curious, and I may or may not know the answer to this. What is it that you really want secretly or not so sickrely? What is it that you want in a woman that is a deal breaker if she doesn't have it? Whatever it is she's out, like, what is it you have to have?
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing, I think, first and foremost, that's a great question, Kathy. But first and foremost, I want a woman who is of age, right, like I need a woman.
Speaker 2: Who's lived great Susan, she harready wants a woman over eighteen, a woman of age.
Speaker 1: He's not like most men.
Speaker 2: It's like I.
Speaker 3: Need age, like I'm going to be sixty four in December. I want a woman of my of my own age, and that way, you know, there's we have some similarities. We understand certain things, right, so you know, being underreased is a deal breaker for me. But you know, I don't go on with a lot of rules and regulations, you know, Susan, I know it when I know it. I feel like when I feel it, you know.
Speaker 1: And I frequently like I fall in love easily, but then I don't do all the homework. I guess after a year it's.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that. And you know, Susan, I think the last six months, in all honesty, coming on the heels of my burg up with money, could be the last six months has taught me that, you know, my future is probably more important than my feelings like I can feel one way, but my future is really important. Now you might say, c K, what the hell, dude, You're going to be sixty four in December. But I feel like my future is bright. I got a lot of living to do. I've got a lot to accomplished. But more importantly, Susan, I have a lot to lose. So I cannot afford to make wrong or bad decisions because it'll cost me everything and I can't recover everything. Again.
Speaker 2: Wh whoa WHOA Wait, c K, are you saying that, Susan. I were just talking about this earlier on another podcast about compatibility versus love? Are you telling me? I'm asking, do you have a checklist that you know? She has to be presentable at the club, She has to look and act and you don't have to love her. She has to meet that criteria. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 3: You know what, Kathy? I hate to say that. There's a part of me that that agrees with that, and I hate that part of me because it's so vain and mundane, but that is the absolute truth. I need her to fit in and to be part of that world.
Speaker 1: And feel comfortable doing so. She has to be comfortable.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, darling, what can't you I hear what you're saying, but I'm not hearing the word and your divorced, k you have five kids, you've been married, You've been down the road to go to enter into that kind of contract. If you will to enter into that relationship again, that's committed, permanent relationship. You better hope that I would hope that you would want more than quote unquote fitting in at the club.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's so much more than fitting in. There's the financial aspect of that, like where is she financially? Where am I financially? And I've worked my solf to be in a position where, you know, if she made no money, like, I would be totally okay with that, like one hundred. I'm not looking for someone if she doesn't have a home and she doesn't have a retirement like, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Are you as long as are you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm just Susan, that's right. If I'm asking for lords, if I'm asking for devotion and love and understanding, Susan, I'm giving what I'm asking for.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're there, Susan, Susan, if you get off this podcast right now and buy a ticket. I think you can be out inks neck of the wood.
Speaker 1: Where How about older women? You said of age, So.
Speaker 3: I do I I a woman of ages, that is, I mean Kathy.
Speaker 1: I get what he's saying.
Speaker 3: But for example, Susan and Kathy like my executive staff. The men on the executive staff, most of them are married, and I've seen their wives and girlfriends, And the first thing comes to mind when I meet them is I see what he sees in her? Like I can see it. I can see why he chose her, and I want the woman that I choose. Now you may say, c K, that's not required, but it's somebody is like I want my partners and my executive staff to meet a Kathy or Susan and say, c K, I see what you're seeing her. Not only is she love you, but boy, she's very charming, like.
Speaker 1: She's fun, smile worth room.
Speaker 2: Okay, SOK. Are you dating? Have you met anyone? Are you currently dating anyone that you're thinking will fit into that role? Or are we back to feeding oats in the stable?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, there's no stable. There's no stable. But I will say this, Cabby, this is a subject. I think that's somewhat tabooed. But for me, like I'm a black man that is in a corporate office and the idea of dating has to in my mind, is partly interracial dating. How do you feel about that? Are you comfortable with that? And that's a huge, huge element for me because most of the women that in my community are not black, Most of the women that's part of the country club is not black. Most of the women that are part of my work environment is not black. So I have to really consider how do you feel about interracial dating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot to think about.
Speaker 2: What's next, Susan on this one?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is our Golden hotline, baby, So every week we answer questions from our liststeners and we give them I don't know how expert it is, but we give them our personal advice. And today we want you to help us do that. Is that okay with you?
Speaker 3: Sure? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: They're good.
Speaker 2: All right, Here comes the first question. This is from Tiffany in Atlanta. Okay, Tiffany says, I was the other woman. Without realizing it. I dated a man for six months before finding out he had a girlfriend. The entire time I ended things immediately, but now I have major trust issues. How do you date again after realizing someone lied to your face so convincingly for so long? What says you see, K?
Speaker 3: Well, look, I have a daughter, and so if my daughter were asking that question, I would tell Herry, you have to be very very careful in terms of who you connect with, in terms of you know your emotions or intimacy, and do a very very strong vetting process. More importantly, trust to men that are in your circle, because men know scammers and liars when they see them.
Speaker 1: Good answer, my my. What came to mind for me is if you if I dated someone for six months, I know who's whereabouts. I want to know where you were this time. If you have a full time girlfriend, that would make less time for us, so I want to know where you are. I would probably investigate Susan.
Speaker 2: I'm telling to say case she's got a baseball bat and a crew of god knows who the mafia that would find out for her. But now I feel I have out yet. Thanks, I have a whole different take on it. I think you whatever that famous expression is, you know, to never loved, you have to let your heart go to know love.
Speaker 1: I think to have been loved than never loved before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of those things. But here's my answer for you, Tiffany. Whatever happened happened. But if you give that guy the power, and that's what you're giving away your power to love because he cheated and lied to you, then you're giving off all your power to someone who doesn't deserve it. Move on, find the next guy, and don't think all men are liars and cheaters, because they're not.
Speaker 1: So that's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying trust. You have to open your heart and trust again because the alternative means you'll never find love and a good relationship again. You have to trust. That's part of a good relationship.
Speaker 1: It is, It is all right. The next one's from Gloria and she's from Chicago. I'm seventy one and dating a man who is fifty eight. I love you, Gloria. We have an amazing connection. But my friends keep teasing me about being the older woman. I thought we'd all outgrown these kinds of judgments by now. Does age really matter to your both adults? Or am I setting myself up for heartbreak?
Speaker 2: Susan, Wait before you answer, ck, Susan, I met a guy in California. Did you write this question it and change the name?
Speaker 1: No, But I'm sixty nine and friends fifty six, same thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think? Ck?
Speaker 3: Well, I think at seventy one or fifty eight or sixty five, age almost becomes irrelevant somewhat right. I think it's how a person takes care of themselves, how a person thinks, how a person vibes. And let's be honest, you know, if the connection is strong and good then and to me, it's all reletant. On the other side of that, I mean her friends may have a little hate going on there.
Speaker 1: I mean jealousy, maybe no jealousy. But also I don't like the date. Like you were saying earlier, it has to be within the age because you can't even share the same music likes or the same errors that you were talking about when you were young, like you're in different fate. When it's that big of a gap, then I see some struggles with that.
Speaker 2: See, I think I think music is the least of anybody's worries with an age gap like that. And Susan, you know, I've met two guys now who were much younger than I and the issue for me is it's not that they're still working. That's not a problem for me. It's that they don't have flexibility because of their jobs. They have children at home. That is an issue because then I can't live life. I want to live with him because we're different places in our lives. I don't think the age matters per se. I mean, your whole situation is different, Susan, because he's long distance. There's a that's a whole nother conversation. I just think, if it's going well for you, Gloria, then don't worry about what other people say. If those other things, if jobs and responsibilities and you know, taking care of parents or young kids, if those things aren't an issue, you go, girl.
Speaker 3: And Susan, Kathy, I just went on on the date with a woman who was seventy one years old, and if I showed you the picture, you would not believe exactly exactly. I just don't like the age thing. That's right.
Speaker 1: And a fifty eight year old man and a fifty eight year old woman night and day. Some men look older than fifty eight and fifty eight, and some women do too. Just to be fair, but.
Speaker 3: You could be used to guy, I mean you never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those sound like I love you you.
Speaker 1: Listen, Gloria, thanks so much for sharing that with us. And you know what, there's no such thing as setting yourself up for heartbreak. You're enjoying this ride here, at this moment. You may last forever, and you may not stop worrying about what could happen and enjoy the moments.
Speaker 2: Gosh, Susan, that some of the best advice you've ever given. Listen to or Gloria. Okay, moving on, we have one more hair. This is from Kathy from Raleigh, So not this Kathy, Kathy from Raleigh, North Carolina. I checked my husband's phone for the first time in ten years of marriage and found messages that absolutely crushed me. Nothing physical, but enough to know he was seeking attention from other women. He says. The bigger betrayal is that I invaded his privacy. Is checking someone's phone ever justified in your gut tells you something is wrong? What do you think is okay?
Speaker 3: Look, I don't yeah. Yeah. I think if it resorts to checking someone's phone or going through someone's tech messages and emails, I think that's problematic within itself.
Speaker 2: It's just just issue although for the reason they were met. So that's exactly it, Susan. They were married for ten years and all of a sudden she's going through the phone. Yeah, I'm thinking she was sniffing something, right, Yeah, what would you say, c K. What if your girlfriend went through your phone?
Speaker 3: That would be a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, men, and if you went would you go through her phone? If you had, I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't never go through her phone because you know what, you know what can't be Susan, I'm going to find something that's going to be questionable, And then it gets into my head.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, and I'm a firm believer. Not that I want that to happen, but what I don't know don't hurt me. It said he liked attention from other women. A lot of people. I love attention.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not like I'm a cheater because I like attention and I'm flirtatious. It doesn't mean I act on it. People judge you because you're friendly, right.
Speaker 2: I think there's a different I personally think there's a difference. C K. You and I talk all the time, and if some woman went through your phone, she might say, who is this Kathy girl?
Speaker 3: Girl, what the hell?
Speaker 1: And you know what, I talked to her like three times this week. Yeah, but really I'm talking to Susan speaker. We can't count that one, that's right.
Speaker 3: We can, and Susan took over the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah pretty much.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone for submitting these questions. Like, I love talking about this stuff because a lot of people are afraid to say something and they're going through the same exact thing. So please feel comfortable. You don't even have to put your name down. You could put anonymous and to do that you go to Bachelor nation dot com slash Golden Hour and you can keep checking in to see if we're talking about your question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good points is and the question that you have is probably a hundred other people are wonder read the same thing. So please write in. We love hearing from you. All Right, today we are gonna play You're gonna love this one, c K. We're gonna play three rounds of final Rows, Fantasy Suites, or send home night one. So with a woman's name, you'd either give her the final rose, you take her to the fantasy suite, and we all know what happens in the fantasy suites or send her home night one and we all know what that looks like. Okay, Susan, go ahead with the first one here.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay, baby?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, okay, sorry in there, yes, Susan did, I'm keeping it real here, all right, c K, Cameron Diaz, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez put him in order final Rose fantasy suites or send them night one?
Speaker 3: Who Jennifer Lopez gets the final Rose?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, keep going.
Speaker 3: Hemery Diaz night one? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Really okay, well we know where halle Berry? Yes, Hallie, so wait, you're taking her to the fantasy suite.
Speaker 3: I am right.
Speaker 2: He's got the guy likes the one night stances.
Speaker 1: And okay, forgive me everybody, but I have my own personal names that I'm going to throw out there.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: We have Nancy and April from our season of Golden Bachelor, and Monica b oh good.
Speaker 2: We may have stayed up like taking this one up.
Speaker 3: I'm going to a tunnel I can't hear.
Speaker 1: If you refuse to answer it, I can move on. But I thought that would be, we thought it would be.
Speaker 3: I'll give you this one. Unfortunately, April Night one I'm sorry, Sorry, April.
Speaker 1: No, it's just about chemistry. It's what you like. Doesn't mean you don't like her, because we know you do. Okay, I want to ask about her.
Speaker 2: I want to get to the other two. Okay, Nancy and Nancy and Monica be.
Speaker 3: Well. Okay, so Nancy and I have this thing about I'm going to say this, Nancy with the conversation room, and then Monica.
Speaker 2: Be with the firemun Wait a second, Nancy's not a conversation room. Nancy would be the fantasy suite.
Speaker 1: Some people, Kathy don't go all the way in the fantasy.
Speaker 2: So they say, I'm not buying that. But okay, So let's say Nancy and I.
Speaker 3: Have a long conversation about the conversation room. So she hears that, she'll know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you and Nancy are going to have a very long overnight conversation. Monica Bee is getting the final rose. Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: Yep? You guys, Why are you dwelling on it? Katy, you already said it, you're going to I just want to make all over again.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure the guy who said they're finally broken up is now given to the final rose, which means Susan He's gonna give mine. It could be the final rows on the final episode, and then three months later they're broken up. Okay, I got it. We're moving on here.
Speaker 1: Next names are fun too. I'm curious about the next three.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian, and Sophia Barghara.
Speaker 1: Very well said Kath, I couldn't say.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Kim, I gotta say night one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jennifer Aniston and Sophia Bergara.
Speaker 3: So here gets the final rose and Jennifer gets the finish.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be Sophia in the fantasy suite. I'm just saying, who am I?
Speaker 2: You know which is We gotta be careful. Someday they're gonna make us do this.
Speaker 1: I might have two in the fantasy suite. I'm just say, and I'm taking two home to I got two roses.
Speaker 3: I like how you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I have not stopped smiling since I looked at your face. You are such a pleasure to have.
Speaker 2: Wait, I want to know where I'm going to be If you get two roses, two fancy sweets? What do I get?
Speaker 1: You get to send them. You can send them all home.
Speaker 2: Well, you know you can do that for exactly I get nothing. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: So much for joining us. We love having you. I just love talking to you. I like being in your presence and I can address them very very nice.
Speaker 2: Oh, stop trying to bribe in season.
Speaker 1: I'm putting this straight out.
Speaker 2: I've tried. Friends.
Speaker 3: Look, I tell Campy all the time that every time I see you all on a red carpet wherever you guys are, you are addressed to the nine. I mean, just we love it.
Speaker 2: Well, see, I'm going to see you soon because I'm coming out with a bunch of other Goldens and some of the young ones from Bachelor. We're coming out. We're going to walk at UCLA for the Suicide Prevention Walk, which is near and dear to my heart, and Leslie and some other people. So and you have as you are the consummate host are putting together a dinner for all of us Golden's and the Bachelor people. So I'm really excited to see you.
Speaker 3: It's going to be great, Kathy, is not just the dinner. We're going to askually turn up in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: So look forward to Yeah, they changed the date so I could come.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll get on that right now, to have UCLA change the day for you.
Speaker 1: I'm performing a wedding, so I can't be there.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, if you can't be at the walk, we hope you all will be. You can ask for more information. We'd be happy to send it to you, but in the meantime, make sure to rate, review and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: And you can follow us on social media at Bachelor Happy Hour and at Bachelor Nation. So we'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Take care, see you next week.